(1,973)

1,973

• Pros

• "We love this program! It is so easy to use and functions actually work in real time unlike the previous program we have used. "

• "easy to use and the layout is pleasing to the eye"

• "I love this software! It allows me to stay in touch with my son in preschool while I’m at work"

• Cons

• "Feels a bit clunky but overall the user interface is simple to use."

• "Some parts of it aren't as user friendly as I would like but overall it is user friendly."

• "Sometimes when I try to save an image of my child the app freezes on me but other than that it is amazing. "

Browse HiMama Reviews

Casey Ann from University of Rochester

Love this app

I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

SHANNON from Playground Prep Preschool and Child

HiMama is a gem

Overall, I am very happy with my choice to implement HiMama in my school. The parents, and prospective parents , are impressed with the level of communication it allows us to have throughout the day. As an educator, I am please to be able to monitor the types of activities my teachers are providing the children and like that the Development Evidence provides a snapshot of this information for me, both as a Director and a parent. We recently added on the Development Assessment feature, which was the one thing that had previously been missing for me. I feel that HiMama is now a comprehensive tool that makes communication among teachers, parents, and administration the best it can be.

Pros

I like the ability to send messages, either to an individual, a classroom, or to the entire center. It makes communication with my families quite easy. I also like that I have the ability to send a whole school text blast (if needed) for more emergent matters. While I haven't used that feature yet, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can reach all my families in an emergency. I also like the real time classroom counts, the attendance reports, and the wealth of information it provides parents.

Cons

When uploading activities/lesson plans, it would be helpful for the teachers to have the ability to save a week's plans. This would allow teachers to copy and paste frequently used activities, which would in turn,save them time when inputting plans. I also am not fond of certain adjectives used to describe the "mood" of a child, when , without context, can be misunderstood by a parent. I have instructed my teachers to only use positive descriptors and to save other adjectives for in person communication.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

It had most of the features I was looking for

Danielle from Northminster

Great preface, rough interface

It started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, it started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, no immunization record keeping. It’s fit for businesses that do not have to keep specific record keeping for tax purposes .

Pros

Looks great, easy for parents to use, checking in and out is easy. Easy to create tuition plans.

Cons

All the behind the scenes billing is awful. Nothing makes sense for bookkeeping purposes.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

They did a great job selling all the pros of the software . You don’t realize all the cons until you were trying to use it .

Bailee from Sunny South

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great asset to our childcare program

I think this is a great asset to our program, and I could not imagine having to go back to the pen and paper method of daily reporting. My parents and staff love this program!

Pros

I love how easy HiMama is to use, and that it was very simple to teach my educators to use as well. It has a great parent app, and our parents love to be able to check out their children's reports each day. It has really increased our level of communication and customer service.

Cons

It seems that parents are not able to download picture directly off that app as we seem to have some parents that email asking for us to send them the pictures directly. I haven't looked in to this yet, but it a common request I get.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

StoryPark had way less options. We love that hi mama has all of the daily information in it such as feeding, and diapering.

Heather from Heder's House

Saves me time and money

Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Himama had absolutely everything I needed. Everything else that I looked at was lacking in some way.

Rebecca from UW-Platteville Children's Center

Ratios and reports are not worth the effort it takes to click on them. Schedules useless.

Parents like getting pictures of their kids. That's basically the only useful feature so far. Everything else is way clunkier than it needs to be!

Pros

Ease of use for parents, Ease of use in the classroom. Parents like seeing photos of their children during the day.

Cons

Much of the information we are required to provide to licencing (hourly ratios for the past 3 months, meal counts, when a child is actually scheduled), are not available or are incredibly difficult to find. I need to know the ratio of children in a classroom to the ACTUAL number of staff on hand, not the number scheduled in that room. It won't let us schedule actual times for children or staff, or have staff listed in more than one room. These seem like very basic functions to me, and I can't imagine any daycare NOT needing this information. The ratios report shows me a daily average ratio, but only counts staff that were scheduled for that room (and since you can't schedule people for more than one room, we have to have them all listed as "floating staff," so they don't show on the room schedule). So it looks like we had 3 rooms with way too many kids for 1 teacher, and then one classroom with no kids and 15 teachers. NOT HELPFUL! I asked HiMama about it, and they said basically that they're sorry I don't like it, and they'll take my comments into consideration.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Ease of use for parents already using HiMama at other centers in town.

Sarah from YMCA of Snohomish County

Himama at Heatherwood

We have had a great experience, and feel like there have been regular updates that make the program better. The technical support is amazing and we were able to help push through the "parent sign in" feature that supported us through changing state regulations.

Pros

Communicates between signing in and classroom tablets, the app is great for parents, easy to do number checks for classrooms and to have kids "visit" classrooms when condensing at end of night.

Cons

The developmental stages are a little " cookie cutter"

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

We looked at about 6 different programs. We felt HiMama was professional and had what we needed. It had great customer service and was also a little more affordable than programs that were comparable in quality.

Max from Sunvalley Kids Montessori

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent product with great features

Essentially a great tool for a day to day work, with many great options. Tremendous help with customer relations.

Pros

Very easy to use, has relevant information and well - regarded by our clients. Initial scepticism was over done features presenting info in a simplified form, but it turned out to be a great idea-to simplify presentation of data.

Cons

Took some time to learn the product, but once gotten used to- great to have software. Other than learning curve we didn't see many points that would be detrimental in value.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

We chose it as an add-on product as it didn't have some features a few years ago. Now its gotten better so we will be sticking to the product :)

Jessica from YMCA Metropolitan Chattanooga

HiMama

It has been a very easy switch to HiMama. Staff was extremely helpful in the transition from the very first conversation and we couldn't be happier with the switch!

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is. We are able to input children's information with an easy click of a button and not have to spend lots of time updating each child. The quality and look of the daily reports are fantastic and parent's love the real time updates on their children during the day.

Cons

I would love to have a notification of parent messages when on the computer, right now i don't see those as easily unless I am on the dashboard. I would also like to see a function where administrators can approve pictures and videos before they are sent to the parents.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

I felt the staff at HiMama was very friendly and always willing to help, it was helpful that someone was there along the process to help us feel secure with our decision and walk us through the software before we decided to switch.

Jena from Town of Redvers

Great App Especially for New Parents

Pros

I like that throughout my day I can see when my child care provider enters photos and information and I feel “in the know” about how my child’s day is going.

Cons

I dislike that the provider gets to choose whether you get real time updates on some information or not. I would like to know this as they happen. For example nap lengths. Lots of times I won’t know how long my daughter napped until well past her bedtime. Knowing it would help me adjust her bedtime accordingly. Ideally, having the parent be able to decide on push notifications for all/some/none would work better than the centre making that choice.

MELANIE from Visual Eyes Creativity Center

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

It's the best child care management platform I found

I tried a few other programs prior to Himama. I was less impressed with the services and the tech support with those. Himama seems to be the only program with a balance of family/teacher communication and administration aspects without buying each segment separately. As a teacher AND administrator I see both sides of that and as a small private Early Childhood center I need an affordable system. And now with the Ounce package added on, we can save time, paper and trouble proving that we track individual development as well. But the best thing about Himama are the customer support and tech teams.

Pros

Actually the best thing about Himama is the responsiveness of the tech team behind the platform. I have submitted many ideas to improve the service, to assist us in billing, tracking regulated events and ease of recording and reporting information. Every time I received a quick and personal response to clarify my needs. Most of those ideas have been added over the last year to the service even though they all involved remodeling the categories in which they fit. The consistent movement to meet subscriber's needs is impressive to me.

Cons

There are still improvements to ease the need to record and report things like fire drills, but I believe they are working on it. I would also like to be able to add my own developmental categories.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Trial and error. If I had not liked it, I would have dropped it. I needed BOTH the family connection and the administrative tools. Most affordable apps only offer both at high cost.

June from Main Square Day Care Centre

Communication Breakthrough!

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

HiMama had the Continuum of Development build in which made things easy and efficient for staff compiling/sharing reports with families and the app fulfilled our need to solidify great communication with our families.

Doris from Regina Eastview Daycare

Great app to have

This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates. I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Pros

The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Cons

We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

Lindsay from Tykes and Tots Early Learning Centre Inc.

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Pros

I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Cons

There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

Easy Great App

I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Leah from On Point Home Health, LLC

Mother of Four

As a parent user, I appreciate being able to communicate throughout the day with my child's teacher/caregiver if need be. I appreciate seeing pictures and reading funny stories about them that I may not get otherwise. I'm very impressed with the HiMama app and tell /show everyone that asks me about where my kids go to daycare and how I like it. See above for recommendations on what could make it better as a parent/user in my opinion.

Pros

Comparatively, having anything that allows me to see what my children are doing, how they are doing, and if and when they get into trouble or get hurt is impressive. I have 2 older children who are 11 and 14 that I did not have anything like HiMama with when they were in daycare and preschool. I appreciate the way the school uses it, but as for the app itself, I'm impressed with the email notifications so I don't have to log in to see when there is a message and I love the pictures I get to see throughout the day.

Cons

It may be my cell phone, but I cannot seem to stay logged in. I have to log in everytime and, sometimes, this can be very frustrating. I also like using the messaging system, but it just seems a little bit cumbersome. Maybe if it were set up a little more like email and be able to pre-fill and.or even save messages such as running late or my child will be absent today, that would make it a little easier to use.

Meaghan from Goodlife Fitness

Mother- User

Being a first time mom, the thought of leaving the most important thing in my life with complete strangers to care for my child was super stressful. Was she happy? Is she eating? Is her diaper being changed? Did she take a nap? Did she have a good/bad day? If I could only see her I would know how she is doing. The HiMama app relieves all these questions for me. I love that all this information can be updated to me. The care givers can let me know what they had to eat, when they took a nap, toilet breaks and (my favorite) the ability to send photos of activities and games they are playing and even videos! I love being able to see her face throughout the day. Another great feature is the messaging. The caregivers are able to send supply needs and even tell me if my daughter is feeling ill or had a fall and can send the incident report to me. This is a fantastic platform. Thank you.

Pros

I love that the care givers can send me photos and videos of what my daughter is up to (activities, crafts, trips). I love being able to see her face and see that she is happy.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have not experienced anything that I think could use some improvement on. It does what I need it to do, and I have had all positive usage experiences with the HiMama app.

Amber from Ricochet Manufacturing Company

Watching Her Grow

Pros

I love having pictures sent to me throughout the day. Getting to see the smile on my child's face and knowing that she is having a good day, makes my day better. It's wonderful to be able to add family and friends to our crew as well. Those who do not get to see her regularly also get to watch her grow. Another great feature is the communication ability. As parents, it is great to know that we have immediate contact with her school at any time of the day. If we have questions or if they have any announcements or concerns, we know right away.

Cons

No matter how many times I select the log in on my desktop to remember me, it never does :( Not that this is a huge deal, but it would make it more convenient. And yes, I have it saved in my internet settings, and it works on other sites. I do use the app on my phone as well, and this always remembers and keeps me logged in. The phone app is great! I recommend it to all of my crew so that they can see her pictures at the of each day all in a row. No need to open each email, just open and scroll.

Amy from Sunbeam Station Child Care

Game changer for our Child Care!

The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Pros

Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Cons

There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Brittany from Blessing Health System

Happy User

Great way to communicate with teachers and staff. Messages go straight to my work inbox which is great since I am working on my computer for hours at a time. Seems simple and not overly technical which is great for grandparents!

Pros

Easy to navigate, locate historical photos/journals, etc. Functions appropriately... easy to email teachers and staff. Teachers respond promptly, so I assume the software fits into their daily schedule nicely.

Cons

I wish I could email/message photos to myself and other family members. Or it would be great if it connected to social media and I could upload daycare photos of my kids to share with family and friends. Would also be nice if you could bulk download photos and store them or send them somewhere. I plan at some point to go back and save all of these photos to my home computer and other photo apps for safe keeping... but I've been putting it off because it's not an easy task and it will take awhile.

Adrienne from United Clinical Lab

Love getting updates throughout the day

Pros

I enjoy getting updates on my kiddos throughout the day. It's nice to be able to reference the reports on HiMama to see what my children ate, when they slept and what activities they did at school that day. The teachers even send us pictures! My boys are just starting to talk so it's helpful that the HiMama app includes what kinds of things they were working on so that I have a better idea of what they are trying to tell me about. We also really like the messaging system because you can send a message through the app or by email. It helps keep the lines of communication open and that is reassuring.

Cons

Sometimes the reports finalize at strange times. I'll get a message 5 hrs after my kiddos have been picked up that says the report is now final. I'm not sure if it's something the teachers are doing differently on some days but it's just odd.

Anjali from Tdsb

HiMama- great features that need higher visibility

Aside from this we are very happy with our use of the himama app, the various security features that allow us to decide what to and not to share with other family members, and the general ease of use of the app itself.

Pros

We love how our email notifications include pictures and updates directly from the app so we dont always have to login separately to see those goodies. The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc.

Cons

The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc. However, I do find that feature sometimes hidden or hard to find depending on which part of the app you are using. I wish there waa just 1 overall button (same on every page) that could be highlighted in red or something highly visible for ease of navigation

Cynthia from Guiding Hands Academy, Inc.

We could not be happier!

We have been using Himama for over a year we could not be happier! Parents love the value and the extra channel of communication that they get with the easy with the ability to send messages directly to the classroom teacher. My teachers are able to send pictures, videos and update parents on how their child is doing. Over all this application was one of the best investments we made at our Daycare, and I can truly say that no other app compares to Himama.

Pros

how easy it is to use it and how fast my teachers can input the child's information thought the day

Cons

there are a couple of options that I wish could be a little easier, which i have noted on the advice box.

October 2014

Kimberley from Little Sprouts

October 2014

HiMama has been very well received at all three of my Little Sprouts Learning Centers. Parents are thrilled to see their children interacting in class and feel reassured to see their child settled into the program just minutes after leaving the classroom. This was especially appreciated by our new parents, as well as parents whose children were starting school for the first time. Prior to HiMama, families received a monthly newsletter with photos, information on our monthly theme, reminders, birthdays and important upcoming dates. Now with a click of a button, the classroom teacher can send this information to parents anytime. The ability to keep updates current has helped parents ensure they are not missing important news, are less likely to forget upcoming events, and also allows them extra time to plan and prepare. Parents find the program extremely handy as they can speak directly to the teacher through the HiMama message system. Often times moms and dads are on the run and not always able to chat during drop off and pick up, or throughout the day. HiMama keeps everyone connected, by allowing parents to send a quick message to the classroom teacher at their convenience. Customer service at HiMama is very good and parents have found Caroline very efficient and helpful should they come across any issues. As the owner of Little Sprouts I feel the overall customer service has been excellent right from the beginning, and appreciate Ron's support in setting the system up with me back in February 2014. Areas I would like to see improved would be to have the option to send a message to a specific group of families. Currently the options are one family or the entire classroom. I would also like the option to put music to the photos so that a DVD could be created of the child's school year. Access to all the school photos would be a wonderful option as currently we have to go into each child's report to see the entire group of class photos. Although the classroom journal does show a few pictures, I would like to be able to see all of these photos as a running stream. Thank you to Ron and the staff at HiMama! You have made a wonderful difference to the parents and families at Little Sprouts, and I can't thank you enough!

Christina from University of Rochester

Great App as a User!

Love the app! Makes it so easy to see what my child is up to every day and keep track of what they have eaten, how many times they were changed or used the bathroom (even during potty training stages!), and even allows me to effectively communicate with the teachers. It also keeps everything accessible to look back at when needed, which i love especially for the photos (which you can also download to your phone). Great app!

Pros

Easily displays my child's day to day activities and stores all of the great photos taken by my childcare center that are easily accessible, downloadable, and saved to access later if needed.

Cons

Not sure if this is the software, e-mail capabilities, or on the child care center's submission end but sometimes i'll get e-mails with what is supposed to have a picture of my child but it doesn't load or even show that there is supposed to be a photo of some sort. They are just blank. Otherwise, everything else works great!

Resham from Education Management

The HiMama App is Spectacular!

My overall experience with HiMama Preschool & Child Care App has been very positive. As previously mentioned, I can share my daughter's journey with her and this is fantastic. I can also watch her and help communicate my matters with the staff with ease.

Pros

I love the communication HiMama offers. I feel like I am with my daughter on her journey, as opposed to outside of it. I love the ability the software has to communicate with the staff and the photos and information on this app which help me understand the value of the staff and the program itself. I can share my daughter's journey with her and this is fantastic. I can also watch her and help communicate my matters with the staff with ease.

Cons

To be honest - I do not have any problems with this software. I feel comfortable using it. The only thing I would have liked is to have more videos.Other than that - I love this software.

Brian from Financial Services

Great Idea/Purpose - few things to Improve

Overall it’s a great app and feature to have for any child. It’s issues are minor and should work there way out, but the benefit of knowing what your child is doing during the day outweighs any con.

Pros

It’s great to see your child checked in (if another parent or person drops/picks up). Seeing progress during the day, pictures, videos, things they are learning is awesome. Picking up your child and asking questions (knowing what the answers should be) is a great way to communicate and be active with your child’s life.

Cons

The software and programming is not perfect yet. It’s difficult to understand which child (when you have 2 or more) is being mentioned/addressed in messages or updates. Also duplicate messages go out frequently. Also the pictures and videos do not load correctly on the phone, swiping right or left always gets messed up or glitches and exits out of the app. I also can’t view the images correctly. The user friendliness of the whole app seems a bit off and that a few improvements could make a world of a difference.

Tammy from scotia wealth management

Industry: Investment Management

highly recommend Hi Mama!

I have used it for almost 4 years, and I love that I can communicate with the staff (Schedule, questions etc), seeing what my child is doing throughout the day also leads to discussion after picking them up. showing him the photos and asking questions to create conversation.

Pros

staying in tuned with the daily events and what my child is doing through out the day, I love seeing pictures of what he is up to when I am at work. I enjoy that I can communicate with the staff as I am not always the one to pick him up and drop him off. I also enjoy the articles, tips and tricks that are posted. My child is a very picky eater so my favorite feature is seeing the meals that he had throughout the day and knowing how much he ate, helps with meal panning (dinner).

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say, I truly enjoying the app I highly recommend using it.

Jon from Linde LLC.

Industry: Chemicals

Dad checking in on my kids

Pros

I love seeing pictures of my kids, seeing what they are doing for the day. Its useful to know if my 4 year old took a nap during the day and if my 2 year old is eating his lunch.

Cons

Not as much a con, more of a what I would like to see for improvement. I would like to see the app integrate with a scannable check in or check out for my children. A barcode or a rfid tag when we are checking them in and checking them out. Our daycare currently uses a sign in/out log. I would also like to see more pictures of my children. This might be accomplished with reminders to the teachers when a picture of a child hasn't been taken for a while. Another useful item would be an integrated live feed from the daycare. I can log into my ring cameras at home anytime I want, shouldn't I be able to do the same with my children?

Angela from The Douglas Stewart Co

Industry: Wholesale

Himama App Review

Overall I love the real-time, comprehensiveness of the app. It’s a huge improvement over the paper sheets that daycares were using previously. It’s hard leaving your baby with someone and this helped ease my transition back to work after maternity leave knowing I could get photos, videos and updates sent in real time.

Pros

I like that we can see everything in the app: real time photos and videos that the caregivers post, my baby’s feedings, diaper changes, nap schedule and we can export reports and the end of the day. It’s a really simple communication tool where messages can be left regarding need for more supplies, child updates, etc. My extended family loves the app too because I can add them to our account with different access levels so they can see the photos and videos posted of their niece/granddaughter everyday and they LOVE that.

Cons

On an iPhone it appears their are still some bugs to be worked out. Despite have notifications set to on I no longer get push notifications when an update is added. I have to go into the app to see if anything new has appeared and I have to restart the app to get it to refresh. These bugs started maybe about 3-4 months ago only.

Kim from The Vine Preschool

Why Hi Mama works for our preschool and families

Pros

The details and ability to click without having to write everything in detail.

Cons

I wish I could click the names of kids under fluids or toilet, for example, and add the times and detail for each right at that moment without having to upload each entry one at a time. For example, if it is 2pm and we have not had the chance to enter two feedings and three diaper changes for 11 kids, it would be quicker if we could click on the item like toilet then click on the child, then add all three times in, rather than one at a time....it would be faster for the user.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Because at the time it was only compatible with ios and that was too expensive of an investment for me to provide for my staff. Hi Mama was compatible with kindle at the time and that was way more affordable for us

Chantel from Pettengill Academy

We love Hi Mama!

We absolutely love it and so does our teachers and parents as well.

Pros

Cons

Not being able to post incident reports, how to move students room to room we have to graduate them it is not the easiest as you have to un-enroll and re enroll in new classroom.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

We like the product offered better

Sara from KinderCare Learning Centers

HiMama Child Care App

The benefits I have realized is being able to keep up with the daily activities my children are accomplishing while I'm at work. It's extremely beneficial to message my children's teachers throughout the day about any random questions or concerns that might come up. The response time is quick and efficient and if I need to leave work for a sick child, the messaging feature allows me to know what's going on at all times at daycare.

Pros

As a working parent it is reassuring to receive updates throughout the workday about my children - knowing exactly what they're doing and sometimes even seeing pictures of them, which is great!

Cons

The Milestones feature - my husband and I do not use this feature. I do not feel compelled to add my children's personal milestones onto an app. Other parents and guardians might enjoy, but it just isn't a priority for my family.

Gul from CDC niosh

Industry: Research

Peace of mind

I am really happy With this childcare app . My now 4 year old daughter was at other center for 1 year and there was lack of communication what she did during day as teachers keep changing shift . That’s no longer an issue . HiMama is organized and makes child observations and activities easy

Pros

I love the photos I get on a daily bases. It gives me peace of mind during the day and also allows me to talk to my 4 year old daughter about what she learned during the day when she comes home. For my 1 year old this app is also perfect as I can see what she ate or did during her day. It also gives me flexibility to talk her class teachers during day if needed.

Cons

I think the app is sometime slow usually downloading a video Also I wish there was easy way to save pictures videos or any other information like reports etc

Nancy from FCC Childcare Center

User Friendly

We have been extremely satisfied with HiMama. I looked at a few other items out there and none compare to what they offer and the ease at which they deliver the end product.

Pros

Extremely easy to use from our assistants in the classroom to our parents downloading the apps to their phones. Our parents love this application. I love several things about it! Saving trees is a great one, but also the great ease of use. The parents get great detailed information daily about the children's daily activities. It is a great asset for our team and moves away from paper work. The other thing is that as an administrator I can see who is present and how things are going just by pulling up that class online. It is a great tool!!

Cons

Not really any negatives that I can think of. A great support network to work with as well! A great product and team!

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

We needed something to get away from all of the paper we were using and it was a daily issue of having enough forms, keeping up with all these forms, filing, etc. Now everything is electronically kept for us.

Missy from Victory Early Learning Academy

Great way to connect with child’s school day and teachers

I really like the ease for parents to use. It’s a great tool for communicating. Some things should be tweaked for staff and admin use, but overall, a great resource.

Pros

I like that it’s similar to social media

Cons

Not being able to attach more then one file to a message

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Price, ease, compatibility with PA standards

Stephanie from Peas in a Pod Learning Center of College Station

Best reporting system.out there!

We tried many other reporting systems for our school to severyone and communicate with our parents but Hi Mama has been hands down our favorite and our parents love it! As a director/owner of my childcare center my personal.favorite feature is that our super odors can review each entry for each student on reports overview and see if there are excited tries missing before the report get sent out to parents. We love using the observations tools to attach skills observed to pics and videos of students to help parents know more about their child's day and what they are learning. We also use the notes section for reminders and to list a few of our Learning skills from the Daily lesson plan to keep parents informed about what lessons were taught. We love Hi Mama and we would highly recommend this to you!

Pros

Reports overview feature to see all students activities in one classroom to see any missing entries.

Taylar from Stittsville’s Imagination Station Preschool

Easy Peasy

Love the app both parents and staff are very satisfied.

Pros

LOVE that the parents are able to see what is happening through out the day as well as at the end of a day receive a report. This cuts down on the time parents stand around talking and then details are also not left out.

Cons

Can’t search old messages. If you are looking back at previous messages you have go back through all the messages you are unable to search a persons name.

Lisa from EAST HARTFORD ELC

Teacher/Family Communication at your fingertips

Our families love that we offer this app. They love that they can send a message from home without disrupting the child's day or pulling the teacher away from teaching. They love the updates and photo shares as well.

Pros

We love the ease of use with this product. It helps parents and teachers communicate back and forth with the convenience of their phone or classroom tablets. As an admin I can also communicate with parents individually or as a who center which is AMAZING. We love to share little updates like photos, diaper changes, nap times, or milestones via the app with our families.

Cons

Only able to send one photo at a time to families. We wish we could send 2-5 at a time.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

I'm new, and this was in place when I joined in June so I do not know.

HiMama app

Benefits as a parent are stated in the Pros section above but mostly, it's having a consistent and electronic log of the days for reference (and for enjoyment with pics).

Pros

I liked that we are able to receive updates throughout the day (there is the capability but teachers don't always use it) and mostly the pictures/videos! It makes you feel like you know what is really happening during the day. I also like that there is an electronic journal that you can refer back to at any time. I also like the ease of being able to communicate to the teachers through the app and that administration is able to see any of that back and forth.

Cons

The pictures and videos were blurry, especially when downloading. Also not sure if the videos are limited to :06 or that's just what the teachers did. I also think that the auto-population for food makes it less likely that the teachers actually update appropriately.

Nikki from Barrafato law corp

Industry: Law Practice

We love HiMama

As a mom of two little girls in daycare, I like many mothers struggled with separation anxiety when it came time to leaving my daughters to go back to work. For my first daughter, I dropped her off and immediately became emotional knowing I wouldn’t see her face all day, until our provider explained to us himama. The app is absolutely amazing, the inventor and investors are amazing; thank you for creating and marketing such a phenomenal app. I love so many things about this app, being able communicate with our center during the day, seeing their smiling faces as they play and learn makes me feel like I am not missing the whole day with them. I love that I can see progress of their daily routine; foods they eat throughout the day, or potty training and diaper changes. I like knowing every detail of my girls day when I cannot be with them. Thank you HiMama for giving me piece of mind during my work day it makes it go by a little faster!

Pros

The interaction I can have with the daycare.

Cons

I don’t think I have found anything that I don’t like about this product.

Karreecha from Serve Well

Hi Mamma! How are ya?

Having an effective childcare management system to keep records, record payments, capture the lives of children & teachers have been a blessing and especially beneficial to anyone involved in childcare centers. This is the best thing since sliced bread.

Pros

This software makes life in childcare centers so much easier and efficient. This software makes the lives of teachers and administrative staff EASY while trying to capture day to day activities that children are involved in. What I like most about the software is that the activities are instantly recorded for parents to share in the experience of their little ones.

Cons

The software is kind of expensive and took a while to really perfect use of it. If you're really going to get more bang for your buck, you have got to do a good job at keeping really good records. If you don't put your data into the system, you're subject to miss something.

Tugce from University of Pennsylvania

Industry: Public Policy

Great for parents

Pros

What I like the most about HiMama is the resources that it provides to make the transfer of information between parents and daycare providers easier and more practical. I love following daily activities of my kid when he is at daycare, communicating with his teachers efficiently, and staying updated. The fact that it is free is a great plus, as it is available for everyone regardless of their financial and/or cultural capital. HiMama is one of the few apps that I use daily and that I find worthy to have on my phone all the time.

Cons

I just wish that downloading pictures was a bit easier and that I could easily transfer the data on the app to my calendar and/or notes.

Helen from mass mutual

My feedback

It’s a very efficient App for any parent on the go. The ease of being able to communicate with the child’s caregiver is very helpful.

Pros

I love the functionality to be able to communicate with the caregiver directly through the App. It’s efficient in that I don’t have to exit out of the App to write a note or email. I love the fact that the pictures can be downloaded as well which is a nice option to have.

Cons

I would like the functionality of being able to download the video content! Another functionality would be if the parents contact info could be provided through the app to schedule play dates etc. last functionality would be to be able to forward a cute video or picture to a fellow parent in the class.

Karen from Lord Dufferin Community Daycare Centre

HiMama Review

Their were issues of not finding all the domains pertaining to school age children

Pros

Able to communicate, upload and share images with families. Makes observations simple and quick to complete, especially when it’s the same comments for multiple children. Administration can easily access and monitor all rooms and all communication Easily and efficiently.

Cons

Using it for staffing hours was a challenge since it records real time and it was dependent on the administrator to edit changes only and I found I had to verify staffing hours daily. Children’s attendance- ministry still wants to see hard copy and printing the attendance from HiMama would be too many pages since record shows all the check in and out times daily.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

HiMama has been around longer and other centers at the presentation had positive comments on the program.

Khara from Anthem BCBS

Hi Mama Thank you

Having had my child switch rooms and have multiple teachers provide updates the one thing I do not like is the consistency of the reporting. My daughters room now sends all of their activities, meal schedules and what they ate (or didn't eat), bathroom schedules and photos. The previous rooms provided little to no details. This is not on the fault of the HI Mama App but of the teachers reporting out.

Pros

This app has been wonderful especially for being a new mom. It keeps me up to date on my child's progress throughout the day and has the option to send photos of daily activities. Working at a computer all day and constantly in and out of meetings, the random pictures and updates that come through make my day so much better.

Cons

Other apps have the capability of paying tuition on the app, I think this would be beneficial to have a one stop shop for my child's daily needs for daycare. The app itself for what it IS set up to do couldn't be better and I appreciate my daycare provider giving us the peace of mind to get regular updates on our children.

Rebecca from Swansboro United Methodist Childcare

Time saver

We are so happy with Himama, it saves us all time and keep everything in one place. The parents LOVE the program.

Pros

Everything is in one place! The parents love the daily reports and the photos of the child's day and classroom activities. The menu and lesson plans are easy to view. The staff have more time is spend with the children because, everything is in one place. They are able to put the class lesson plans and calendar into Himama as well as keeping up with developmental skills of each child. The directors are able to find enrollment, attendance of the children and staff in one place.

Cons

Not being told when updates change something on the program.

Kim from A Child's World

Happy with product

This app has given parents the knowledge of our field of Early Childhood and for many opened their eyes to what Educators are doing and what their child does during their time with an Educator at a child care location.

Pros

It gives the Educators in the classroom the ease of attendance, keeping parents informed on what their child is accomplishing and documentation

Cons

At this time there isn't anything that we really dislike.

Reasons for Choosing HiMama

Another child care organization was using it and we observed their Educators and really liked the features that Hi Mama offered. We are currently looking into the accounting feature to see if the billing will work for our organization.

Crystal from Little Stars

Best Daycare App!

Pros

Canadian milestones and skills for observations, neat and tidy report sent to parents. Can log in meals, activities and more as a group rather than individual.

Cons

That the parents can't sign in and out without having access to a computer (webpage). Brightwheel had a part in the app where the parents scanned a qr code to sign in and out

Mom's Best Friend

Love it. This has somewhat become a criteria when I evaluate other daycare or presale. I love the fact that I feel that I am up to date with my child's daily activity.

Pros

I love this app! I feel very lucky that our daycare chooses to use this. I get update on activities (video and photos) as well general status (eg. meal, diaper change) and other chat functions. It gives me such a peace of mind knowing exactly what my kid is up too...it is always the highlight of my day to receive pictures/videos.

Cons

The lack of ability to bulk save all photos and video. I setup a reminder to go in the app and save them once a month. This is quite a boring and time consuming task.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,996 reviews