• icon"My child’s daycare used it and it was so cool to use. I love the features of this app and it’s very easy to use."
  • icon"I like the home for ongoing reporting, format is easy to read, I like the messaging capability and ability to share pictures."
  • icon"Very easy to learn how to use the app and super simple to use it as well. It also has many great features as you can view pictures, lessons and even pay tuition."
  • icon"What I dislike is that I am unable to see my kids’ checkin times or what their CURRENTLY doing, until the day is over the report is final."
  • icon"I couldn’t even change my time-zone. I find it very ridiculous that I am not able to edit or manage my own account without paying for the premium service when I have no need for the premium features."
  • icon"It usually gets fixed within that period. Just miss seeing him during the outage."

All HiMama Reviews

1-25 of 3,418 Reviews

Evan

April 2022

Great daycare software

Casey Ann

Love this app

I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

Reasons for switching to HiMama

We switched daycare centers and the previous center used the Tadpoles app

Sally

HiMama Administrator Review

We have had nothing but a great experience

Pros

Most importantly the ease of the program

Cons

As of right now, nothing. I am still learning more and more about what this program can do and I am very impressed. I am not all that tech savvy.

Moïse

La vraie remarque

Je cherchais un logiciel de création de fiches produit et je suis tombé en découvrant ce logiciel. Très facile à utiliser, il permet de créer des fiches produits en quelques minutes. Grâce à lui j'ai pu créer rapidement une fiche produit pour mon site de vente en ligne.

Pros

La fonctionnalité de ce logiciel est très intéressante et facile à utiliser. Cela va me permettre de ne pas perdre plus de temps que ce que je dois déjà perdre à écrire un certain nombre de pages pour mes clients chaque semaine.

Cons

Le logiciel est très intéressant mais j'ai eu du mal à m'y habituer. Il y a beaucoup de paramètres à modifier pour pouvoir l'utiliser. La société propose aussi une formation si vous en avez besoin.

Ben

Industry: Medical Devices

HiMama Daycare Parent User

this app was great at tracking my kid at daycare which is critical for both parents and daycare employees

Pros

This software was helpful in keeping up with my little boy at daycare; they used the app and had the parents download and use the app too. I was able to see pictures of our kid throughout the day, see what meals he was eating, when he was last changed, activities that he was participating in, etc.

Cons

the app was overall pretty good, not sure there are many cons. I was only a user, so I did not know what the app cost to roll out as an expense to the daycare.

Sianna Mirajune

September 2022

A Great Tool for Tracking Childcare Progress

If you're looking for an all-in-one solution for tracking your childcare center's attendance, activities, and developmental milestones, then HiMama is an excellent option. The software is easy to use and has many features, making it a great choice for busy parents and childcare providers. If you're looking for a comprehensive solution, HiMama is definitely worth checking out.

Pros

The most impactful features of HiMama in my opinion are its ease of use and its ability to integrate into my business easily. The software is designed to be user-friendly, and its features are straightforward and easy to use. HiMama's integration into my self-made business was seamless and easy, and the software has been a valuable addition to the day-to-day operations.

Cons

HiMama is a great app for the child's daily activities, but there are a few drawbacks. For one, the app can be a bit overwhelming and confusing to use at first. I hope this can be focused on by the software's team and will be improved upon so that every person that uses this will have ease of use.

October 2022

Good for daily reporting.

Overall good experience, very stable app, and provides much needed daily communications between educators and parents.

Pros

Daily progress reports reports from educators. Best of all is the ability for educator to upload daily photos.

Cons

Basic functionality, but does what it's supposed to do.

nicole

himama review

himama has allowed for me to stay connected to my child at daycare while i’m at work. it’s great to be able to see videos/pictures and as well get updates on other pertinent information.

Pros

pros include being able to connect parents/guardians with their children throughout the day. also like how it is easy to navigate the app.

Cons

app does experience glitches from time to time. also do not like that you can’t save videos to your phone

Charlene

Love this!

Very good!

Pros

I can actually access a detailed account of how my child’s day was, what they did, and if they need anything. I can also view my payments and schedule them. So much better than the hassle of waiting in line to ask all these questions at the end of the day when you just wanna get home.

Cons

Nothing at all. Definitely one of the better apps/software for childcare that I have used so far.

Morale Ugan

childcare tracking app

Makes it easy to track your child activities and developments so you don't have to worry as it gives a clear report.

Pros

It's a very interesting app and easy to use. You have full information of what your child was doing during the day when you were at work or busy with other activities that required your attention.

Cons

The report has to be finalized for you to see what your child is doing. Other than that I love the app.

Jawad

HiMama review

HiMama is the best children's activity recording and sharing company that I recommend

Pros

HiMama is the best company for recording and sharing children's activities at the right time. Great I highly recommend. Very simple payment

Cons

Honestly, I have no problem with this software

Amanda

November 2022

A good communication tool for parents and daycare staff

Pros

I own a daycare on the side as a weekend job. I use this for parent portal and communication. It's very easy to use.

Cons

It's a little on the expensive side compared to other software.

Industry: Food Production

November 2022

Great to see the daily updates

Pros

The ease of use to message teachers and the ability to quickly and simply see daycare reports

Cons

All features seem to be great, no issues to complain about.

SHANNON

HiMama is a gem

Overall, I am very happy with my choice to implement HiMama in my school. The parents, and prospective parents , are impressed with the level of communication it allows us to have throughout the day. As an educator, I am please to be able to monitor the types of activities my teachers are providing the children and like that the Development Evidence provides a snapshot of this information for me, both as a Director and a parent. We recently added on the Development Assessment feature, which was the one thing that had previously been missing for me. I feel that HiMama is now a comprehensive tool that makes communication among teachers, parents, and administration the best it can be.

Pros

I like the ability to send messages, either to an individual, a classroom, or to the entire center. It makes communication with my families quite easy. I also like that I have the ability to send a whole school text blast (if needed) for more emergent matters. While I haven't used that feature yet, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can reach all my families in an emergency. I also like the real time classroom counts, the attendance reports, and the wealth of information it provides parents.

Cons

When uploading activities/lesson plans, it would be helpful for the teachers to have the ability to save a week's plans. This would allow teachers to copy and paste frequently used activities, which would in turn,save them time when inputting plans. I also am not fond of certain adjectives used to describe the "mood" of a child, when , without context, can be misunderstood by a parent. I have instructed my teachers to only use positive descriptors and to save other adjectives for in person communication.

Reasons for choosing HiMama

It had most of the features I was looking for

Heather

Saves me time and money

Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

Reasons for choosing HiMama

Himama had absolutely everything I needed. Everything else that I looked at was lacking in some way.

Reasons for switching to HiMama

Himama had the menu and program planning options that I was looking for which (at the time) brightwheel did not have. I've since used brightwheel with one of my peers who uses it to help her figure out how to do the program planning and it was not user friendly at all...I much prefer the ease at which I can do things with Himama.

June

Communication Breakthrough!

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

Reasons for choosing HiMama

HiMama had the Continuum of Development build in which made things easy and efficient for staff compiling/sharing reports with families and the app fulfilled our need to solidify great communication with our families.

MELANIE

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

It's the best child care management platform I found

I tried a few other programs prior to Himama. I was less impressed with the services and the tech support with those. Himama seems to be the only program with a balance of family/teacher communication and administration aspects without buying each segment separately. As a teacher AND administrator I see both sides of that and as a small private Early Childhood center I need an affordable system. And now with the Ounce package added on, we can save time, paper and trouble proving that we track individual development as well. But the best thing about Himama are the customer support and tech teams.

Pros

Actually the best thing about Himama is the responsiveness of the tech team behind the platform. I have submitted many ideas to improve the service, to assist us in billing, tracking regulated events and ease of recording and reporting information. Every time I received a quick and personal response to clarify my needs. Most of those ideas have been added over the last year to the service even though they all involved remodeling the categories in which they fit. The consistent movement to meet subscriber's needs is impressive to me.

Cons

There are still improvements to ease the need to record and report things like fire drills, but I believe they are working on it. I would also like to be able to add my own developmental categories.

Reasons for choosing HiMama

Trial and error. If I had not liked it, I would have dropped it. I needed BOTH the family connection and the administrative tools. Most affordable apps only offer both at high cost.

Reasons for switching to HiMama

One went out of business, 3 others I did a trial in and did not find them worth the money.

Bailee

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great asset to our childcare program

I think this is a great asset to our program, and I could not imagine having to go back to the pen and paper method of daily reporting. My parents and staff love this program!

Pros

I love how easy HiMama is to use, and that it was very simple to teach my educators to use as well. It has a great parent app, and our parents love to be able to check out their children's reports each day. It has really increased our level of communication and customer service.

Cons

It seems that parents are not able to download picture directly off that app as we seem to have some parents that email asking for us to send them the pictures directly. I haven't looked in to this yet, but it a common request I get.

Reasons for choosing HiMama

StoryPark had way less options. We love that hi mama has all of the daily information in it such as feeding, and diapering.

Ashley