• icon"This featured streamlined our registration process, and parents love the fact that almost every element of the required paper work for enrollment can be completed online."
  • icon"I like how user-friendly the product is and the customer service."
  • icon"I love that all of our needs are now in one program. Jackrabbit makes attendance, billing, registration, and so much more at your fingertip at one easy program."
  • icon"Use of the calendar and displaying staff schedules etc. not functional at all for us due to the rigidity of the format."
  • icon"Entering varying schedules is quite tedious. Also, there are very few editing options, so if you make a mistake, you have to delete and start over."
  • icon"I really can't think of anything that I would complain about."

Browse all Jackrabbit Care Reviews

• Have you used Jackrabbit Care and would like to share your experience with others?

Jacob

I've been working with JackRabbit for the past few months & both the setup and staff are phenomenal.

This software allows me to run a nearly flawless after school program here at Riverview Charter School by making access to all of the information for the children and the school available and easy to manage.

Pros

What I like most about the JackRabbit software is the ability to customize it to meet the needs of our school and our program here at Riverview Charter School. It makes creating classes seamless, makes scheduling easy, and billing is practically effortless. And that is just the software itself--my experience with the staff behind the software has been incredible, as well!

Cons

There are a few areas that I would love to see improve, namely with the billing areas. In the same way you copy classes, I would love to be able to copy the same billing information from the drop down lists to related siblings. For example, if Suzie attends the after school program on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then (most of the time) her brother, Max, is attending those same days. When I go to do billing, I would love to be able to charge Suzie for those three days and then, with just another click or two, have the same thing for Max. In this way, there would be less typing and clicking and would shorten billing time!

Kathleen

A useful product at a reasonable price.

Overall this is a good program I would recommend to small centers.

Pros

Good program for overall, administrative management of a childcare center. Useful for tracking student accounts & attendance, staff attendance-making payroll much easier than hand written time sheets. Family & staff email function is very useful, particularly when immediate communication is crucial such as for medical alerts and weather related information. Interface with website for registration is invaluable. Parent interface very useful to decrease time spent on the phone regarding administrative concerns. Wait list function very helpful.

Cons

Schedule function is quite rigid and does not accommodate things such as field trips, special programs, etc. Can only input classes. Requirement to use World Pay for credit card processing very expensive. Would like to be able to shop for a better program to process credit card payments.

Cheryl

Unprofessional

Due to another business associate claiming 50% ownership, I sent my LLC, EIN, Operating Agreement, etc. to prove that my name alone was on the business. The business associate in question was the former bookkeeper who mismanaged funds. In an attempt to move forward with my business, my lawyer said that it was not an option to have this person (or her husband's) name associated with Bright Futures at all, since we would soon be bankrupt (in my name). I expressed this to Jack Rabbit and was assured several times that all was in order. However, once this former bookkeeper threatened Jack Rabbit with legal action, my account was closed in the middle of me billing. The bookkeeper and his wife had no legal right to doing this, but were simply being vindictive. Not only did this make my life very difficult, especially given the fact that I had just reopened after Covid, but it made it very difficult for my families who utilized flex spending, child care reimbursement, etc. I was not given any time at all to export information to a new software program. With this being said, the silver lining is that I switched to ProCare and they have been extremely helpful in assisting me with starting over from scratch. Going forward, if my parents require any information in the future (i.e. for tax purposes), I will give them Jack Rabbit's contact information. I believe JR acted blatantly unprofessional.

Pros

The billing component. It assisted me with accuracy and the parents were very satisfied with the process.

Cons

No loyalty/professionalism. All of the companies that I dealt with utilized the legal documents in order to exclude the former bookkeeper from my accounts, except for Jack Rabbit.

Karen

Agreement Text Feature is EXCELLENT!

On top of all of the excellent features which far outweigh the issues we have had, Jackrabbit's customer service has been amazing. The staff are quick to respond, take your feedback or questions into consideration at all times, and are honest about their ability to make changes within their system or about how to proceed within their system.

Pros

We selected Jackrabbit over the other products that we researched primarily because of the Agreement Text feature. This featured streamlined our registration process, and parents love the fact that almost every element of the required paper work for enrollment can be completed online.

Cons

We wish there was more flexibility with the way the class schedules have to be completed. Our program has offered a great deal of flexibility to our families and it is very hard to customize this in the class/day schedules that we created in Jackrabbit.

Shannon

Jackrabbit Review

We have had a great experience with the staff and customer support. Our client information has been safe and secure. And it has made programming easier from a payment perspective.

Pros

Jackrabbit is user friendly and easy for a novice computer user to pick up. Our staff has flexibility in their level of use, but are able to expand as needed.

Cons

Overall, the software is great and we have been using it for three years. Ideally, we would love to have something that is mobile friendly for our parents on the go.

Jessica

childcare management

We have solved parent access to registration and online payments. We need a software that gives us all reporting ability.

Pros

Customer service is great. Always looking for the best resolution. The ease of clocking out failed sign outs. The financial dashboard. The ability to give parents online access for registration and payment. Email templates. Cloud-based software has been amazing for us.

Cons

Reports. We can not run a report to show monthly discounts. We can not run a report to show children with allergies school-wide. A report with just child's name, allergy and medication or process for allergy. We can not run a report showing FTE's (Full Time Equivalent) These are some of the crucial reports needed for the best management for our school's productivity.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Care

Smartcare does not integrate with QuickBooks online.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Care

We had installed software that was discontinued and continuously crashing. Jack Rabbit was not only cloud-based but integrated with QuickBooks online, wich our accounting department uses. Also, pricing was important, as it is based on active students.

Marlene

Jack Rabbit

Pros

It good to access anywhere. Quite user friendly.

Cons

Parents complain about the statements and how they read. They find it difficult even if I put in a specific date I'm glad to see that you can print the child's info sheet from their profile. It would be easier if the information came directly up on the screen instead of the steps you have to take

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Care

Wanted to access from anywhere, not just the office

Rosemary

We recommend Jackrabbit

Pros

The product is easy to use and easy to understand. It offers many options, is flexible enough to customize to our needs and is forgiving enough when learning the program and software.

Cons

Some of the features like email design is a little out dated, but it works with the simplicity of the program software and allows for customization.

Kyle

Versatile and gives so much functionality

Pros

Online integration, customer account access, customer tracking and billing. It's nice to have things automated so I can perform batch operations quickly and easily.

Rosa

Excellent!

n/a

Pros

Easy to use and can log in and work anywhere.

Cons

Have not being able to Email or text multiple people at once.

Kathleen

Overall this has been a very useful tool.

A lot of information gathered and organized in an easily retrievable and usable format.

Pros

Great for tracking staff hours for payroll, great for check in and check out of children and ability to access information regarding attendance. Parent portal for payment and account information very useful.

Gene

Overall easy to use and intuitive program that has made record keeping easier

Pros

Customer support is fantastic. Live help when needed. Quick to respond to customer needs with effective updates.

Cons

While most of the program is intuitive and easy to work through, there are areas that are harder and more awkward to easily work through. Many of these have been effectively addressed by the company, and I look forward to improvements as we move forward.

Marcella

Good features, moderately user-friendly

Pros

I really like the Group PIN feature as well as the “Who’s Scheduled to be Here” printout. The ability for parents to pay online is a great addition to our center

Tracy

Great product

Customer service is the best in the business

Pros

I like how user-friendly the product is and the customer service!

Cons

I have used JackRabbit Class for many years and there are features that Class has that Care is missing. I'm really hoping that those will be added soon!

I loved JR Class so wanted to try JR Care

Matthew

Outstanding Program!

Pros

I love that all of our needs are now in one program! Jackrabbit makes attendance, billing, registration, and so much more at your fingertip at one easy program

Cons

I have no complaints at this time about Jackrabbits software! After researching different childcare management softwares, Jackrabbit has everything we needed at the price we were looking for.

Julia

love this company

Pros

I love the excellent customer service the best. They really listen to what their customers want and they're always available to help. I've never experienced customer service like this before!

Cons

The interface isn't that pretty. It's very functional, but they could streamline the looks more. I'm okay with this because the features are great.

Dawn

Not for Child Care

Ive tried several times to speak with someone over the phone for training and technical assistance but I always get forwarded to the billing department which makes no sense. I've used Jack Rabbit in the past for Red Cross babysitting classes and the platform worked well for that but whoever chose this platform for a large child care center had no idea that it is completely non compatible with child care administrators.

Pros

Product is not easy to use when it pertains to child care centers. We have to use TWO other programs to manage the school due to the things Jack Rabbit doesn't provide in reports etc.

Cons

The software was clearly not designed with child care centers in mind and does not work well for what we need in reports for licensing.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Care