• Pros

• "This app is customizable, it was easy to train staff and easy for them to use. Great tech support from MyKidzDay and families love it."

• "Ease of use. It was very easy to learn for our teachers, families and Admin. "

• "It is super easy to use and our families love it. "

• Cons

• "Password and log in. Sometimes it is hard to get back in but cutomer service was great. "

• "I wish there was a calendar option that I could use to put the highlights/activities of our monthly activities on for families to refer back to. "

• "App could do with less colours (looks like an app my kids play rather than one for serious work); change the position of some buttons to make the app easier to use with one hand."

Browse myKidzDay Reviews

Amy from Amy's Family Childcare

Great app for my Childcare families!

Overall I've been happy w/myKidzDay! There have been a few times when the app was glitchy for parents trying to sign in/out w/the QR code, but it hasn't been a problem.

Pros

I decided to purchase the app because I love the touchless attendance option. In light of the pandemic, I needed to find a way for my families to be able to sign in/out their children without sharing a pen. Scanning the QR provided allowed them to do just that!

Reasons for Choosing myKidzDay

myKidzDay seemed to have features that I thought I personally would use more.

Reasons for Switching to myKidzDay

The touchless QR code attendance

Response from myKidzDay

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Jacquelyn from PleasanTime Child Care Center, Inc

Exceptional App for communication & Exceptional Customer Service

Exceptional! We continue to be part of myKidzDay due to the customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provide. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always answers the phone and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] patient and kind to get our questions or inquiries handled timely every time. I feel this is an extraordinary feat since at any time we call we are treated like the only customer she has. Totally off the charts in my book. So grateful!,

Pros

I appreciate the easy to use features, tools for communication from family and time line minimal for the teachers to communicate during busy day.

Cons

On occasion the app may be slow to respond yet, we have learned that this is time for update . I feel with the continued upgrades this shall be expected and integrate into our systems has been helpful

Reasons for Choosing myKidzDay

I did check out other software options yet, having the time to spend with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at conference as a trainer and visiting the vendor booths for at least 4 years I was set in giving them the business first. I have never been disappointed with my decision.

Kim from Grandma's House Child Care Center

MyKidzDay

The app has been very easy to implement with staff and MyKidzDay provides training videos and tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has walked me through several questions and they were able to customize our child evaluation/portfolio within the app

Pros

Cons

Waiting on the development and launch of a single view page for infant classrooms of last feeding and diaper changes rather than scrolling through each portfolio page.

Kaylee from Super Kids Jr. Academy

Super Kids Review

Pros

Instant updates to parents throughout the day.

Cons

There have been a lot of glitches since switching to MyKidzDay Parent and MyKidzDay Staff.

Ashley from Restaurant

Industry: Judiciary

Review of myKidzDay

Pros

It is very convenient and easy to understand. Keeping track of what my kids did and ate that day helps me predict how their evening at home will be.

Cons

I wish there was a feature that was available for me to leave a note for the teacher telling them about my kids that morning or the night before. Sometimes a bad night leads to a sleepy day and with my early morning/late evening work hours, it’s hard for me to get in touch with the teacher.

Response from myKidzDay

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback Ashley. You can use the "Message Staff" tab on myKidzDay Parent app to leave a note for the teacher. Hope you enjoy using myKIdzDay :-)

Kevin from Children Central Child Care / Learning Center

Our Families Love this App

The customer support is very good. Whenever we have had a question, we get a quick response. We have also made suggestions and they have been implemented.

Pros

Ease of use. It was very easy to learn for our teachers, families and Admin.

Cons

Would like to be able to attach more than 1 photo or document at a time. Would like to be able to schedule center info in advance.

Alexandra from Happykids Home Childcare

Effective and easy

Very useful for my business

Pros

Always up to date with information we need.

Cons

Should be available in Spanish, for Spanish-Latin parents who didn’t speak English. Or others lenguajes as well

Reasons for Choosing myKidzDay

I feel confortable and a good customer service

Reasons for Switching to myKidzDay

They closed for business

Cherrelle from REIGN Expert Childcare Consulting.

Childcare Consultant

This app is so user friendly and affordable. Providers, Center owners and parents LOVE IT!!!!!! Very simple but exceeds center needs! Awesome.

Pros

User friendly; set up like a file cabinet file each child. And that's how I explain it.

Cons

Milk 1 default

Stephanie from Highschool

Grear app

Great. Love seeing my child and knowing if they napped, pottied, and ate. Gave an ease of mind that my child was being taking care of and loved.

Pros

Being able to see how my child was doing through day. Love pictures.

Cumbersome and limited

We found a different app that better suited our needs. Eventhough it cost a little more it was worth the additional features and ease of use.

Pros

It records children's information to let parents know about child's day

Cons

It was very slow. The graphics were very old school. When parents messaged it went to director instead of teacher who is the one the info is directed at. Many menus to work through having to switch lists was cumbersome.

Tina from First Step School

We love this app. and so do our parents! It keeps them informed throughout the day!

Pros

That the parents can see information at their fingertips & sending pics! No wasting paper that seems to get lost!

Cons

It seems to run slow at times which is very frustrating when time is of essence when working with young children. There seems to be issues with Android phones. Sometimes the parents will come in and tell us that the app is not working with their phone and it's always an Android phone.

Debbie from Methodist Temple Children's Center

MTCC

Daily communication with families.

Pros

We like that it is user friendly.

Cons

email notifications to the Admin have ?? instead of !! and I can't pull up the pictures from the email notifications.

Melissa from Winston Churchill High School

Learning Support Teacher (High School)

It is super easy to learn and to personalize.

Pros

We are able to communicate with multiple agencies, homes, and staff for our non-verbal student.

Cons

You can't add anything in from prior days.

Kesha from A child’s world

Convient Tool

Great

Pros

Protecting your and knowing what your child is doing daily is at the palm of your hand.

Cons

It is harder to reset your password when you have forgotten or update your device

Sara from SJCC

A Mom and Pop App

Our experience wasn't bad and we enjoyed our month demoing the product. It certainly does its job, but it wasn't what we needed and we needed to continue to look for another product.

Pros

The biggest pro about this app is that the owners/developers makes you a priority. You can call them at a drop of a hat and they will answer you call to help with anything you need. When we were trying to get the app off the floor within the school, we spent a lot of time, with training especially, on the phone and they never rushed us or made us feel like we were bothering them. They definitly get an A+ for customer service.

Cons

I call it a Mom and Pop app because it's a small company with a small platform. While its features are similar to what you might find in others, it was not as customizable as we needed it to be. As a school that serves a multitude of age groups, we needed a platform that would be applicable to all of the age groups and it seemed like the format was more for younger children. Also, not that looks are everything, but the app isn't very aesthetically pleasing and the design of it is nowhere near as nice as other apps.

Laura from Educational Institution

Very Pleased!

Pleased with all aspects.

Pros

It is super easy to use and our families love it.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize some features.

Sophie from Primary/Secondary Education

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Love the app

Love myKidzDay!

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, great app for providers, directors and parents!

Cons

I liked all the features, pictures and reminders are the best

Lawrence from First Step Montessori

Work accomplished quicker but doesn't cut down on the workload

Main benefit is to allow us to keep the parents of the kids updated on their progress everyday in the center. Using an app cuts down on the amount of paper used.

Pros

Relatively easy to use; easy accessibility via a smartphone app (rather than a desktop application); allows us to cut down on the usage of paper but workload remains more or less the same (in fact, one can argue we have more work to do as we now have the ability to report on more things about the kids which we otherwise would not have done on paper).

Julie from The Apple Orchard Family Childcare

This has been wonderful getting our school up and running. I look forward to the upcoming features

Pros

The communication with parents! Our families love the app and the way they can communicate with us throughout the day!

Cons

The two step process to post one piece of information at times; we have to remove all the children's name to correspond with one parent.

Serah from Smt

Great app!

Great app

Pros

Ability to stay in tune with my child when I can’t be there

Cons

Sometimes the time was wrong. So it would say she was dropped off at 9am but really it was 7am. Not a huge deal just confusing for coparenting.

Abby from Shepherd Center

I like that I can keep track of my daughter's day while I'm at work.

Pros

As a breastfeeding mom, I can plan my pumping schedule at work around when my daughter eats by looking at the app. I can also also know if I need to bring diapers or clothes to daycare, even if I'm not the parent who picks my daughter up from daycare.

Cons

The app can be slow or glitchy at times. I often use the "my kids" button on the bottom of the screen rather than the main screen as the main screen button doesn't always take me to the next page or do so in a timely manner.

Sheila from Little Einsteins Child Care

Time saver

Since I have started using My kids day. I saved a ton of time and lots of money in paper and ink. My parents love the ease and functionality of it. No more lost papers. I attached my monthly calendars and all other correspondence in the daily messages. The new sign in sign out tool is a winner. The parents feel like there in a very tech savey facility. I can't wait to see what other features are coming.

Jeff from education

myKidzDay

I think it is a fine idea as many of these things are. However, unless everyone is connected it is not worth it.

Pros

Lots of features. It's made for more than just parents. This could be a good product if everyone was on board.

Cons

There is so many ways to communicate and apps that we download on our phones. Venmo, Paypal, Robinhood, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, text messages, groupme, slack... The problem with so many of these things is that everyone has some and not others. This type of product would be awesome if everyone used it, but that is not the case. You may love it, but does your child's teacher use it? Does their babysitter? Chances are no because teachers already have a million requests for other ways to communicate, why would they add another for just a student or two?

Jack from Jack and Jill Care

Great App. Very user friendly

We have been using the app for over 2 years. Our parents and staff love it. Very easy to use and great way to rid of paper!

Pros

User friendly