What are Procare Solutions users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Procare Solutions software through verified user reviews

1,471 Reviews

1,026

• icon"I love that this program helps me to do my paperwork side much faster and the auditors love it when they come to check records."
  • icon"The tech support is the best, they're (almost) always there to help with any situation. Everyone is so kind and supportive."
  • icon"I like how easy it is to learn and use. The layout is user friendly and easy to navigate through."
  • icon"Sometimes we have troubles after software updates and that causes some inconvenience."
  • icon"They seem to have server problems all the time. They blame firewalls when we know it is not."
  • icon"It has been having a few glitches lately. It's very frustrating when you can't access your information because server is down."

Browse all Procare Solutions Reviews

• Have you used Procare Solutions and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,468 reviews

Bailey

Procare in a nutshell

Julie

Procare for daycares

Pros

I like this software because u can check kids in and out and the parents can see pictures and videos of their child and also get the daily sheets as the day goes on and can talk to the teacher via sending messages

Cons

It can get pretty pricey if you don't buy the package

Linda

Make your job easier

I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

Pros

I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff. I like that all of my files are paperless. It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports. I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

Cons

I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Our management team researched several Procare competitors. Our team attended webinars for other products, but there was not any software that was able to provide us with everything that is offered with Procare. Other companies seemed good, but they were always lacking one or more of the platforms that are included with Procare. Our center uses the Family/Accounting, Employee Data, Vendors/Expenses, Time/Attendance Tracker, and Food Modules. The family communication Kid Report app is also used by our center. There is just not another software available that can provide the all in one service that Procare offers. I highly recommend it!

Suvarna

May 2022

Best Childcare software

Overall it’s a good software to see everything at one place for your kids ,monitor there daily activities and hassle free interaction with teacher

Pros

It’s a best childcare software I have seen compared to others. I am using this software for tracking daily activities for my kids . - It provides up to date info on daily learning activities with notifications - Easy navigation and parents don’t need to be technically good which makes this even more favorite - Timely attendance and payment is easy - We can reach out to teachers anytime through messages - I can see photos of our kids and activities /learning updates

Cons

I don’t see any major issues but sometimes it gets logout automatically if kept open long time and also it hangs while loading pics

Jaime

ProCare Makes Life So Much Easier!

I have used ProCare for 15+ years and have been so impressed with the product. I have referred this software to other centers over any other software.

Pros

I love how user friendly this product is! I have used other child care management software that were difficult to utilize and lacked many features that ProCare provides. I am particularly impressed with the way in which ProCare has kept up with current technology and made upgrades such as the phone app.

Cons

Can't say there are any cons to this product except maybe the price. You do pay a little more for this software compared to others, however, the old saying you get what you pay for rings true with this product! it is top notch!

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

ProCare has always been #1 preference in child care management software. There is none other that compares!

Response from Procare Software

Thanks Jaime! We appreciate the amazing review and your loyalty to Procare all these years!

Replied September 2021

Andrea

Procare User/ Administrator

I love it . I can send parents messages immediately when needing to reach them, and they can easily communicate back quickly . We can upload pictures and videos to what the kids are doing in a day. Meals and diaper changes are easily uploaded .

Pros

The software has been very easy to use as a teacher and a parent . I can easily communicate with parents regarding their child’s day, mood, and activities .

Cons

It does not give notifications for diaper changes or upcoming needs that need to be met .

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Because of the convenience , and how easy it is to use

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Easier system To use for parents and teachers

Response from Procare Software

Thanks Andrea! We're so glad you love Procare!

Replied May 2021

Kaley

LOVE Procare Solutions Software!

I have been using Procare Solutions for over 10 years, 5 years at my current facility. I love that there are adjustments made that continue to improve the software. When I first started using the software 10 years ago it was just the basics to be able to clock children in and out and now that I am in a Director role, I am able to use so many features as well as customizing the software such as adding allergies, schools for pickup and drop off, classrooms, tuition prices, etc. Being able to easily print or email a statement to a family is also nice. Tax season can be chaotic but having a feature to be able to send this over to families so easily is nice!

Pros

I would be lost without this software. I love all of the features it offers and being able to run so many different reports, see future enrollment numbers, run tuition, see who is enrolled, quickly see which birthdays are coming up, being able to track employee times and get time cards, and so much more. Love the ease of the check-in process for parents and staff.

Cons

Allergy lists can be improved by giving an option to print each classroom on a separate page but whole school at once. Currently have to run an individual report for each classroom to do this. Would love to have a mobile app to be able to access on the go or from a device. I do not like having to log back in so often because of the time out on the screen.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Haley, thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review and for your loyalty to Procare!

Replied October 2021

Sherrie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Unfortunate investment of time and money

Overall I think the core and idea of procare is beneficial but ONLY if it works. Can't use a product if it is continually locking up.

Pros

This has a great foundation of ideas. Student check in/out, Employee check in/out, billings, time tracking, payroll, general ledger. Truly an all in one for a small preschool. Too good to be true for sure!

Cons

The cloud base software clearly has issues they can not fix. Our check in computers are constantly locking up since the last update in November 2019. After using the same computers and hardware for 5.5 months they ran an update and now problems. We manually key in employees and students often which is time consuming because the computers are locked up at the time parents are picking up or dropping off. Tech support is NONRESPONSIVE to emails and hold times are on average of 35-45 minutes when calling tech support. They said today it is because they are "swamped". That speaks volumes, that means their product ISN'T working. They have been "working on patches to fix this" but in the mean time they have used the excuse it was because I wasn't hard wired to the internet. After the expense of hiring someone to run the wire and hardwire all of the computers they still are locking up. Now Procare support wants me to replace the router because it maybe causing problems. Cutting my losses at this point. A lot of time invested in a software that locks up frequently through out the day. Training is horrible and much of my experience has been self guided. They do have an extensive online resource which is very helpful but yet time consuming as you navigate which article you really need. When training is scheduled it has been late and limited to one function of the software. When asking about other functions you are directed to schedule training for that specifically.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Because they gave me a discount on my first month so I could use it as a learning month before going live.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

We needed in integrated system for all aspects of the business.

Response from Procare Software

Sherrie - We're very sorry to hear about on-going issues with the check-in system at your preschool. This appears to be a unique situation and we will work with you individually to resolve it. It's true that January is typically the busiest month for technical support; it can be easier to reach us later in the day (after 2:00 p.m. Pacific) or to email a request to tech@procaresoftware.com. As to training, we are happy to get you whatever help you may need. We will reach out soon to see how we can help.

Replied January 2020

Karen

April 2022

Procare growing to meet growing needs in childcare

Accounting and communication features were of key importance and have worked great for us. Additional features that seemed a bonus to us have brought an ease to attendance, lesson planning, assesments, and record keeping that I and my staff greatly appreciate.

Pros

We started years ago with the basic accounting options of Procare and have recently been pleased to expand to use of the Parent Engagement part of Procare Solutions. We were looking for ways to simplify communication with parents and staff and got much, much more. (For example, attendance tracking for children and staff, assessment and lesson planning features.)

Cons

Because it offers so many features the initial time to set up and learn the system was more involved than I anticipated. However the technical support has been good and able to help me - a not very tech savvy boomer - get it ip and running well for our center!

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Price and familiarity with our original Procare desktop accounting.

December 2021

Preschool User

ProCare is a wonderful program to manage our preschool. I highly recommend this management system.

Pros

I love that it is easy to enter in and manage student/family information. I also love that it can cross contacts among multiple families. The various reports are very helpful, and you can send text messages through this program as well.

Cons

I am not able to list students in multiple classes. So if they are enrolled in both two and three day classes, I have to keep switching the account when printing out those class reports. I wish they had a feature to enroll in multiple classes.

Jeni

July 2022

Easy to use and quick to navigate.

Overall it is a good software to use in our program; however, I wish they could make a few changes here and there.

Pros

The system itself is pretty easy to use and navigate around to do what you need to do.

Cons

There are certain features you can not change such as uploading your own newsletter in a PDF format. Using their format can be pretty frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

LifeCubby stopped being in existence.

Response from Procare Software

We're happy to hear you're finding it easy to navigate and use the Procare software, but wanted to learn more about how we could help with your newsletter frustrations. Can you let us know what type of functionality you'd like to see and let us know if we can help you with your newsletter format questions? You can reach us at tech@procaresoftware.com and we hope to hear from you soon!

Replied July 2022

Karen

June 2022

Procare Solutions for Childcare Center

Pros

I like this program because we can have everything we need in one spot. When the pandemic hit, we went to online sign in/out for parents and it has been amazing. We also like that there is the option to message parents throughout the day.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that it would be great if there was a feature that we could call the parents from this app.

Katelyn

Most User Friendly Platform for Childcare

Pros

Out of all the platforms I have been exposed to for childcare, I feel Procare is the most user friendly with the features it offers. Easy to see a timeline of the day, easy to message other users and communicate, very simple to navigate as a user.

Cons

Procare does seem to "glitch" more than other platforms, making it useless at times.

Stephanie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

July 2022

Great tool for teachers and parents!

Pros

I love that I am able to have all communication and the daily routine all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to find past posts because of having to scroll through everything. It would be nice if Procare had a search bar or calendar to recall past posts.

Mckenzie

care for my child

Glitches during few operations have made me keep the usage to bare minimum.

Pros

Helps me to keep track of my child's activities and be able to reach the teachers real time for any need or clarifications

Cons

The software needs to be more stable and tested. There are few glitches that I observed when trying to update some information. It just did not allow me to. These bugs should be tested and resolved in order to expand in the market.

Sally

Its great

Pros

Love that my parents can clock their child in and I can see who is here at a quik glance

Cons

Have a hard time when a parent has an account somewhere else with their same email

Kristin

ProCare for Parents

The most benefits are current updates for our child shown through the app. And the desktop view is just as good/useful.

Pros

Wonderful software our family uses for daycare. We can pay our weekly bill, see photo updates, and comment to admin with any questions/concerns. Thank you for a truly useful tool & app.

Cons

Would love a way teachers could add a caption with photos and videos instead of having to post as a separate comment.

December 2021

Great solution for child care providers

Pros

Easy to use, excellent parent portal and child checkin/out options, billing is fast and easy. Customer support is very responsive. Price is very affordable. Has cloud options in addition to on-prem. Procare integration team helped to quickly and easily migrate from our old system to Procare.

Cons

Some of the GUI looks a bit dated. Menu system navigation can be a bit convoluted at first, but doesn't take long to get used to the workflow.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The software was no longer being supported and Procare's latest software was affordable and packed with quality-of-life features that we wanted to utilize for both our staff and for parents.

Kimberly

Intuitive software with many valuable features

Procare was quick and easy to install, and training on how to use the program was thorough and very helpful. I use the Procare software daily to streamline tasks and make my program run more efficiently.

Pros

The Procare software makes my job as a preschool director easier and more time efficient. I can do most everything with just 1 program. Online registration is one of my favorite features.

Cons

I wish scheduling was configured differently for when parents register online. I'd like to be able to set a cap on the number of students who can register for a class on a given day and have the software disable additional registrations when a day reaches the cap. The software currently doesn't have that feature.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

ChildCare Office Pro did not have connectivity to the internet.

Angel

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE-NO WORRIES

Over all Pro-Care service our needs and the customer service is outstanding. I worked with a customer representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he was amazing and very detailed. He allowed me to ask questions and he didn't make me feel like my questions were small.

Pros

The Batch payments was one of the most helpful.

Cons

The pricing during the COVID-19 DIDN'T CHANGE.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

When I first opened I invested in Pro-Care. I decided to come back because it fits our needs and I can actually process my own payroll without a third party.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The parents weren't pleased with the way the billing was set up. We weren't happy that we couldn't select our own dates to bill.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Angel, thank you for the review. We appreciate you as a Procare customer! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with!

Replied December 2020

February 2022

Convenient tool for parents

Pros

Making payments for tuition couldn't be easier - simply add your credit card or bank details and with a click you can pay each month. You can also set up automatic payments easily. It's very user friendly.

Cons

Teachers and childcare providers do not always take advantage of all of the features, such as logging diaper changes and feedings. However, this is not important to me.

Debbie

Procare Cloud

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so. I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I looked online at a few competitors for the sake of my finance committee. I didn't see anything that offered what Procare does.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

Replied October 2020

Kelly

We love Procare!

Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros

Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons

Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Procare does so much and can be purchased in pieces for exactly what you need.

Chandra

Good Program

It's a bit expensive for a part time program like what I run, but overall I am very satisfied and hope it continues to be worth the money as they are always making updates to their program.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. The updates usually add another useful part to the program. I love the layout and the easy on the eyes colors. Just about everything can be customized or added to to fit our needs. The reports section has just about everything I need to run. And the check in and out process with signatures meet my license specialists needs.

Cons

The messaging system is really my biggest complaint. It is not easy to navigate or stay on top of easily. I like that everyone in the info circle gets the messages, but it’s difficult to answer a lot of parents when you have to leave incoming to check sent for each message, and check dates to make sure you are not seeing an older response. If the messages were more like a feed or email run so that you could see sent and responses together for each child. Second issue I have ran into several times, is not being able to do newsletters through the desk top version on my tablet. I work a lot on the go, and don’t have access to a laptop. So, this is something I am only able to do from a desk top or laptop system. The only other thing that ends up quite time consuming is running log in and out reports for each child. At this time for licensing needs I have to run each child’s log separately. I wish we could run more at a time. That would be a huge time saver. Also, if a mistake is made to a not and sent to multiple accounts, if there is a mistake you have to go in and fix each note under each child rather than a master fix.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Aesthetically pleasing, ease of use, and their online registration was a huge one along with the option to have a signature for check in and out.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

This is a better program and offered an easier softwear to navigate.

Faith

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Pros

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software. 1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool to each sibling even if they are linked. Also, to use the carpool feature the individual must first be a parent or caregiver in the system on another child. If that status changes in any way (original parent or caregiver is deleted) the individual is also deleted from being a carpool entry in multiple other locations. There is no warning pop up indicating the individual being removed will also be removed from other locations. 2. The alphabetical sorting not traditional alpha order and does not match up to other lists causing confusion when making comparisons between other school softwares or reports that use normal alpha ordering. From what I have observed Kinderlime alpha order does not consider any commas or spaces thus greatly affecting sort order (for instance a traditional sort would consider the punctuation and spacing to show Su, John; Su, Joseph; Su, Lisa; Suki, Mary while kinderlime makes the order to be Su, John; Su, Joseph, Suki, Mary; Su, Lisa ignoring the commas and spaces looking only at the actual letters. In a longer list this is very frustrating & confusing.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,468 reviews