• Pros

• "Great software and very easy to use and easy access"

• "Its easy to use interface, very straight forward. "

• "I love the service. Whenever we have any issues, representative along with some other customer service rep's are always fantastic. "

• Cons

• "With the new upgrades there have been a few teething problems which have caused minor issues for the office and educators, however looking forward to once all these have been resolved."

• "It does have some loading time delays for certain functions, however as noted above I am in a rush all the time so somewhat impatient!"

• "Some families do find it difficult at first with setting up their devices and paypal settings, but with assistance from us and Xplor we work through these issues pretty seamlessly"

Browse Xplor Reviews

Ashleigh from Full time Mum and Carer

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Enjoyable and Easy

As a user of this, i find it simple and easy to use. Im able to sign in before i reach the door, i can check my details and update and add bookings simply and easily. Was hesitant at first thinking it was going to be complicated but its turned out to be really easy and simple to use and im so glad for that because these days, time is essential and it makes it a quick and simple task to do.

Pros

As a user of this, i find it simple and easy to use. Im able to sign in before i reach the door, i can check my details and update and add bookings in a user friendly, simplified app.

Cons

A few teething glitches to begin with, was unable to understand the statements section until i asked someone else to explain the different sections and how to read them easier.

Bronwyn from Tharawonga Mobile Resource Unit

using Xplor software

Xplor has simplified my accounting process. The Xplor staff are wonderful and could not be more helpful. Parents do not have the same experience though and have described having to wait for 45minutes to have their calls answered.

Pros

The Xplor accounting system works extremely well for Tharawonga. If the Master Roll is right then accounts are correct and charges are made to parents and it is very easy.

Cons

Parents find it hard to connect and book and sign Compliant Written Agreements. I have had parents that have been with us for two years that still haven't connected with the childcare subsidy. Sometimes, when I am inputting emergency contact details for a child, the addresses and contact details will auto-fill. This has caused confusion as the details entered may be wrong. I have also input addresses on parent profiles that disappear.

Reasons for Choosing Xplor

Ease of accounting as we were having constant problems with QikKids

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

QikKids statement amounts did not equal the amounts that were taken from parent's accounts. This caused our service a lot of problems with clients.

Jarrod from Chapter 1 Early Learning

Incapable software

Complete let down. -Support responses slow if at all often left voice messages and emails and didn’t receive a response and when responses came often insufficient. -Waitlist and enrolment process and management creates more work and not intuitive. - CAN NOT correctly estimate families child care subsidy’s for more than 2 weeks and they admit to this being an issue and one that they don’t see as a priority to address. So there system makes up its own subsidy estimate for families causing families statements to be incorrect.

Pros

Due to the software being Cloud based and offering a waitlist feature (that is terrible)

Cons

The softwares inability to correctly estimate families child care subsidy for more than 2 weeks in advance.

Reasons for Choosing Xplor

Because of the recommendations from Qikkids team.

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

Because people at Qikkids and Explor advised us to and told us Qikkids is being faded out in the next 12 months

Lisa from Seeds C & ELC

Xplor versus ??????

Ease of inking information Not having have cupboards and files of papers

Pros

Xplor is easy to use Accounts and observation and planning are all under one program Can use multi media devices to use. Bit restricted to just the computer Can provide a snap shit and come back later and expand Parents have instant snap shots if there child day. Throughout the day

Cons

For me it’s the distance. I’m in Western Australia and Its difficult to have a face to face chat and training Everything is done on line

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

Being able to link everything under one software Accounts much easier to process

Response from Xplor

Replied July 2019

Hi Lisa. Thank you for your review! We have extended our support & training hours now from 7am - 7pm AEST to cater for WA as well. You can access our support portal on support.myxplor.com. We're here to help!

Jaycine from Nova Entertainment

Industry: Broadcast Media

Love the App

Haven't had any problems, pretty easy to use. Just the account area could be improved and would love email

Pros

Easy to use, pretty self explanatory and love you can book extra days on the app.

Cons

I think the accounts area could be improved and would love daily emails with photos and their day to day updates.

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

The daycare made the switch, Xplor is more practical with bookings and payments

Melinda from Larool Pre-school Inc

Fantastic for a Pre-school (non Long Day Care/Approved Care)

Fantastic staff, assistance, help and easy to use!

Pros

I love that it can be tailored to suit our non-profit, Community Pre-school - we are not long day care, nor family care and do not have an CCB receipting or need to report to the Govt so we needed a "different" type of software for our needs.

Cons

I think it would have been good to have onboarding/webinars with someone who is more knowledgeable on a Pre-school's needs, rather than an overall approved care needs.

Reasons for Choosing Xplor

Price was fantastic - month by month / easy of use / tailored to a Pre-school program

Vipul from Adobe

XPlor has changed the way I manage my kids daycare account

Pros

Easy to manage There is menu options to apply holiday discount, check on health, report any issued and above all keep an eye on how my kid is doing at the center. We get regular feedback and communications via XPlor. An additonal benefit is to check-in and check-out my kid right from the convenience of mobile.

Cons

The interface can be improved and made more interactive but that is not a burning issue as such. It is more of an add-on

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

My daughter's daycare switched vendors

Xplor review

Easy to use.. functional.. great app aswell

Pros

It is well designed and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only complaint i had was that some of the features were not working... pretty sure it was to do with my center not the software.. center only just started using it this year after using another program. This program far exceeds the old one.

Natalia from Medibank

User review

It has been good from a user perspective

Pros

Ease of getting information about my child fees

Cons

How hard it is to sign in and out. Need to simplify this to just a click

Pros

Great app that is easy to use and quick to find information

Cons

It is quite functional so there isn't anything really to comment on

Lisa from Beenleigh Little School

Xplor has brought us a whole new world of interaction between Educators and Families!

Pros

We love that families are able to see and respond to posts, giving Educators immediate feedback and acknowledgement of their time and efforts. We are also loving that Families can make their own posts to children's timelines; this enables us to better connect with families and develop more meaningful relationships. The sign in and out feature is also great; we know exactly how many children are in each room at any given time, and can manage our rosters and staffing more effectively. We also love that the app functions give families real-time feedback about what their child is doing throughout the day. This enables them to keep track of how their child is progressing, monitor sleep and meal times, and other useful functions such as nappy changing and toileting.

Cons

The app can be a little buggy to use, sometimes dropping out if internet is not great. This can make it a little more time consuming as you need to close and re-open the app, which is frustrating if you are trying to quickly make notes. Also, as much as an advantage the real-time recording is, sometimes mistakes can be made, and there is not the ability to edit some posts (such as sleep) which can make timelines look a little messy. It would be great if admin users were able to make small changes to some posts.

Joan from Macquarie Group

Easy Kindy Management with Xplor

As a busy parent, overall I think that the app has given me more efficiency in what I need to manage with kindy. I'd still use it despite of the things I don't like about the app.

Pros

Xplor allows me to manage my child's kindy attendance through my phone. It's easy to see his booked days and log absences/holidays especially if you have full day without time to make a phone call. I like that it also provides me with a detailed trail of payments required and made. With the CCR change still confusing me, that list gives me confidence that I am getting the correct benefit. It has also allowed for faster sign in/out at kindy.

Cons

This is minor, but I don't like that an absence is treated like a booking, so there are 2 "bookings" instead of replacing the booking with an absence. My real pet peeve is that it always asks me to turn on my bluetooth when I log in. It's an unnecessary step, especially since the feature to sign in/out through mobile is not used for our kindy. I think regardless if it's used in kindy or not, it's up to the parent to turn it on if they want to (maybe have a shortcut to do it), but don't get parents to relogin just because bluetooth is off at the first instance. The transaction trail can also be designed better so it's easier to understand.

Leah from MercyCare

Xplor

Pros

I like the ability to keep in contact with parents via playground and being able to show them what they are doing throughout the day. It is live so parents get to see it now and not have to see at the end of the day everything that their child has done. Parents like being able to see if their child is having a late sleep so know if to come early to pick them up or not. Admin: I like the ease of use and being able to add in information, set up enrolment etc. A lot of great features on xplor

Cons

Issues with transition to playground has made it harder to keep parents excited about a service they pay for. Parents have lost notifications as well as not being able to consitently see what is happening with their children's day (not being able to see all photos etc) Admin side: Not being able to easily change children to different rooms has made one admin task harder by having to delete all future bookings and then put new ones in. This should be easier.

Kym from Living Faith Lutheran Kindergarten

We love Xplor, it has helped our whole team to plan and program effectively and efficiently.

parent engagement, all educators are now responsible for programming taking the pressure off the Teachers and Lead Educators. All educators are now more invested in our planning and programming cycle as they can see how they are making a difference. Our Educational Leader can see at a glance which educators are having difficulties or not engaging enough and show them the data to reinforce this.

Pros

We love the ease of use both for Educators and Families. Everything is clear and easy to see. The Families especially love the real time updates of their children, it takes little to no time to take a photo of their child engaged in an experience, add the learning and send it straight to the child's timeline for families to view. It helps both families and children to engage in our program on a daily basis with little effort.

Lisa from Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great App

Overall it's a great app and highly recommend as a parent.

Pros

Everything I need is in one app, I can see my payments, book additional days and view the timeline of the days events/reflections in one place. I love that it's compatible with facial ID for easy access, and that we can use it to sign in/out of the centre. I can log on anytime during the day and see if my child was signed in, or has eaten their lunch that day, the updates are in real time.

Cons

You do need to go onto the desktop version to view your full payment statement as it doesn't seamlessly transition, and I find when swapping between my two children I need to navigate backwards a step or two to do so (it would be handy if that wasn't the case when viewing the daily observations/photos), and I can't seem to download the photos for my own storage which means I'll lose them when they finish childcare.

Evelynn from G8 Education

I dont like the new master role

it tends to be a bit glitchy, often silly problems like at the moment my direct debits are not self populating the account number. it can take 24 hours between adjusting a booking in the master role and the statement or parent payment amount being correct. However the program is easy to use and the screens are nice and clear I was shocked to find that you have rolled out the new Master role but we cant edit a booking yet, not sure why you would roll something out that wasnt ready...

Pros

The program is very simplistic, it is easy to use most of the time The screen views are clear and easy to read

Cons

The new master role - when i want to look at 1 room, i need all the other children to disappear, i dont want to have to scroll through looking for bookings past children in other roles. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for feedback about an issue, i dont know whether it is fixed yet, my families Direct Debit is not processing properly. I have phoned and dont want to keep phoning - sitting on hold is restricting. I just need it fixed

kym from living faith kindergarten

Customer Support Seriously Lacking

Ultimately positive, though the support function needs a LOT of work. Bring back the instant chat function, I am happy to wait online for a support person rather than emailing and waiting weeks for a response, or phoning and being on hold for an age.

Pros

That the admin functions and programming functions are within the one program

Cons

The constant glitches, especially on playground

Response from Xplor

Replied July 2019

Hi Kym. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble reaching us on support. The support chat functionality is available via support.myxplor.com, on the bottom right-hand side. We have also increased our phone support team with an average 5 minute wait time, and can be reached on 03 8652 1963 (7am - 7pm, Melbourne time). We're here to help! -Xplor Support

Daniel from Thorn

For When Time Is of The Essence

Time and motion wastage efficiencies, not only is my time more fluid but mental fatigue is mitigated knowing a powerful yet simple app is on my phone in my pocket helping me each day.

Pros

I love the automated notification as I arrived in the car park each day for pick up and drop off. Some days when I am in a rush, well most days, forgetting to sign the little fella in is a battle, thanks to Xplor I am reminded as I pull up, brilliant!

Melanie from Dorset Early Learning & Kindergarten

Happy with Xplor

As a Director Xplor has helped me to cut down the time I spend delaing with parent accounts and also communication with families has become much easier. Xplor's customer Service has been exceptional and very supportive.

Pros

Xplor's customer service have been amazing and always able to get in contact with them when needed via their online chat. Xplor has meant as both a Director and Approved Provider I can see exactly what is going on with staffing and ratios when I am not there. It has also helped to minimize my time spent on family accounts.

Melissa from Dubbo West Preschool Inc

Fantastic product, a little more tweaking and it could be amazing.

At the present we get the sign in and out, the payment of bills and the staff rosters.

Pros

Everything is in one place. Child bookings, Staff rosters, sign in/outs, fees accounts the ability to use paypal.

Cons

The manipulation of reports that we require, to be able to build your own reports would be great. The information gathered for the enrolment form and waitlist form has information that we don't need and it is missing information that we do need. Would be great if these were customised as promised when we signed on and parents were able to complete these online so there wasn't additional data entry each year. Would be great if there was a version that was dedicated to Preschools and the different needs they have against Long Day Care facilities.

Rika from MLC Early Learning Centre

Brilliant customer support

My overall experience has really been a good one. The software is easy to understand and manage. We had a stressful time going through Assessment and Rating and the Xplor team really supported us to get through this stressful time and even went out of there way to call us, follow up with us and even sent us flowers. That is a personal touch that no other software provider would be able to provide. I am happy that we are with Xplor.

Pros

They take improvement suggestions on board and make it happen. Amazing customer support and commitment from the team.

Cons

It still feels a bit clunky. Every time when there is an update or something new, there are too many issues that arise and I have to deal with frustrated parents and educators.

Karina from City of Sydney

Easy to use but bit clunky

Pros

It's easy to use and great for being able to control when you need care, payment info, childs info, and for signing in and out.

Cons

i find navigating a bit clunky, and it's frustrating only one parent can have full access to it. I think both parents should be able to have full access to check statements and amend payment details etc. And it's hard to scroll back and forth as that little bar on the top keeps flickering, and if you miss it you have to move your finger around the screen to get it back otherwise you have to go back to main menu again.

Cortney from Mayfield Early Learning Centre

Glitches

Overall we are happy with the service.

Pros

Cons

We have had a lot of glitches recently, as there is apparently a new app rolling out for the parents. We just get frustrated as we reply on this system, so when things don't work its frustrating.

Rebecca from The Beach Early Learning Centre Tuggerah Lakes

Loved the transition and endless possibilities to share photos and videoes with the families

Pros

Quick and easy to post high quality photos and videos and ability to share so much with families about their children and their interests, experiences and being in the moment. Families can comment on our observations allowing them real time event notifications on their child whilst in care

Cons

timeing out issues and posts not saved the draft and loosing all the information, the ISS case claims are set to individual children rather than the room.. ISS claims are hours per room not per child. this makes it difficult to claim each week ..

Barbara from Education

Jack of all trades.

My overall is that it is a one stop shop that covers most things.

Pros

It pretty much covers everything I like that parent can digitally sign children out on the same place we can record observations and sunscreen etc etc the list is long

Cons

Some reports don’t show me totals, or aren’t laid out as well as they could be.

Jenni from Hamersley Early Learning School

There is a frustration at the educators level in using this system.

Pros

I am open to trying anything new. I feel that at the educator on the floor level it is not that easy to use. There is no template to write observations in. It should have a place for analysis of learning . the look of the system is friendly, the rostering is good. We print out emergency contact lists but cant do it on here. we also have reports (age of children) that we use but cant do it on here. The excell format isnt always able to give us an easy report. Perhaps have a choice of a data sheet.

Cons

Sign in and out notifications you have to scroll through puts parents off and also you have to scroll through them all to find observations. Not easy to give admin permission for room leaders on the floor they need to be able to access and publish their staffs observations. We call them learning stories you call them observations. The live programming feature is only available via lap top . You have to select individual parents if posting something to one room and not the whole service. Observations are lost if saved and then re-edited. I cant load PDF to admin posts for flyers and invitations. Colour coding for signing in is green no Colour for having been signed out. We need to have a quick reference as to who is signed in and out all day. Notifications of parent observations/input too hard to find. Admin needs to have control in all areas that educators use. Including being advised that a parent has posted something. Most of our staff use IPADS. There has been some issues.

Response from Xplor

Replied December 2018

Hi Jenni. We're really sorry to hear this. We've recently release our new Playground WEB and Educator APP that should address most of these issues. If you continue to have issues, please reach out to us on support@myxplor.com. Thanks!

Elizabeth from Earth Angels Child Care Centre

Here we go Paperless all for our environment

We have had a positive experience whilst using Xplor. Customer service is of high standard. If there is ever a problem the technical team is straight on to it to fix the malfunction.

Pros

I like how it is all based in one system easy to read and easy to follow.

Cons

I don't like when we cannot assess all functions system error.

Maria from Holland Park West World of Learning

Xplor user as a parent to a child in Kindy

I am an end user of the software, so it is not fair for me to comment on the cost of its implementation etc. However, from what I gather, once it is set up, it is easily run and managed. Thank you. Maria

Pros

It is easy to use and faster than hand writing every day.

Cons

The fact that you have to use your phone number to log in before you can enter your pin. Why not allow a short code word made up by the user as well as the pin. That way when your in a hurry your not stuck entering 10 numbers for mobile and 4 for pin. Either that or create a phone or keyboard like display of numbers to make it faster to enter than the clumsy all across the top version.

Carmen from St Peters Lutheran Kindergarten

Positive experience with good technical support. User friendly and well received by families.

Pros

User friendly, one program for everything, fantastic customer support, live CCMS, easy ISS submissions, saves time.

Cons

Programming side needs work- families should be able to see all programming on the app and not have to log on to PC to see everything. Would like to be able to add more photos and longer videos. When families forget to sign their child in and they need to approve that a staff signs the child in I think the administrator should be notified.

Leah from Better Beginnings Bunbury

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reducing daycare dramas

As a busy parent the ability to check in and out on my phone is amazing. I wouldn’t go to a daycare that doesn’t have this option.

Pros

It’s a dream to be able to book and review my daycare bookings from an app on my phone. I can also check my account balance and upcoming payments which is great.

Cons

Having three children in daycare it gets tiresome having to go out and back in again to make or review bookings. A drop down box to move between children would be great.

Kelly from Headstart Early Learning Center

Point of view from parent and staff

Pros

Not sure if you want this from a staff point of view or parent as I am both. From a parent point of view its good and easy to use. From the staff point of view it has its good points

Cons

From a parent pount if view I know my mother in law is not confident to use it when she picks up or drops off my children for me. From a staff point of view I dont like how you can print out single room contact lists or birthday charts (although birthdays on the rolls are good). I also dont like how you have to stuff around to print out roles. It should be a one click and print.

Kayla from Earth Angels Child care centre

Xplor is Great!

The sustainability aspects of having an electronic system has been great. It has reduced the amount of paper our service uses.

Pros

I like that I can see what the children are participating in even when I am out of the centre. I am notified instantly if there are any issues.

Cons

I find the output of observations not very “pretty”. It would be better if the layout and design of observations could be customisable to suit the type of observation being written.

John from Genius

Really good. Incredible product.

Pros

Continually improving and features are constantly being released. Love that the team listens to feedback and is willing to support services.

Cons

Would love to see programming and planning and hourly bookings functionality released. This would save lots of time for my educators.

Kyrra from Lake Albert Learning Centre

Xplor Review

our director usually deals with most any problems that arise with the software

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use and understand, it has pretty simple set up that I think is appealing to the user

Cons

I don't really think I have anything I don't like

Rebecca from QLECS - Martin Luther OSHC

Ease of access

Families are more connected with their children and the service offering insights into their child's day and activities.

Pros

I love the ease of access to the software and support given. My families love the ability to sign in and out from their devices as well as the notifications on programming, health etc. Staff are enjoying posting to timelines and the ease with which this is achieved.

Cons

I have not had any issues with the software.

Melissa from Fernhill Rd preschool

Review of Xplor app

Pros

Ease of use. I like that it is not Apple specific and that I can use it on an Android device.

Cons

I wish we could add patents work phone numbers in the contact list not just their mobile numbers. Some parents are unable to have their phones with them while working. If we need to contact a parent because their child is unwell or they have had an accident the only number we can quickly access is their mobile number.

Bronwyn from St Andrews Lutheran College ELC

feedback

satisfactory

Pros

interactive with families. One platform for the adminstrator

Cons

the change in one platform to another just as staff become confident move to playground with many errors and features that staff miss from Xplor care

Renae from Little Beginnings

Love this app

Xplor has been an amazing app to use in the work place. It is easy to use and the parents LOVe the updates during the day

Pros

Ease of use & updates to parents. The ability to add in multiple toileting/nappies at once, being able to post photos and updates.

Cons

I didn’t like that the app would at times shut down without warning. This would result in lost observations and posts as they wouldn’t save.

Rebecca from Genius childcare

Xplor

Pros

I really enjoy how easy xplor is to understand and use. When I first starting using it, I was worried about using technology in childcare, as I'm used to everything being on paper. This was an easy transition from paper to technology, and now I can't imagine not using it!

Cons

I find that when I need to quickly submit information, I need to go back through all the lists to the beginning to go to different areas. It would be good to have tabs on the screen to quickly flick through different areas of the app.

Ehood from St Columbas OSHC bayswater

Excellent software

Excellent especially experience when it come to having a problem we just contact xplor via live chat. They don’t take that long to respond and they help with most if not all enquires.

Pros

Easy to use Had lots of options/features Emergency list New feature: add extra children How much subsidy children have How many days until children birthdays Life chat Lots more

Cons

Having to delete entire children booking if child is not put in the right room.

Reasons for Switching to Xplor

They don’t fix the problems with software Expensive Software is have for new staff to learn

Sarah from MercyCare

Xplor MercyCare

enjoyable, easy to use, benefit to both educators and families.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to update parents at the tip of my fingers, access to information like DOB, parent contacts and allergies.

Cons

When adding an outcome to an observation we can only add one at a time on the ipods, meaning it takes time by having to continually go in to ACTIVITY, LEARNING OUTCOME, EYLF, OUTCOME NUMBER and OUTCOME POINT.

KAROLINE from Australia Post

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Great

Pros

Great software and very easy to use and easy access

Cons

I use Xplor for my child’s daycare and find that you can add a vacation day and before school care but you can not add a after school day. And you can not delete days put in which can be frustrating because if need need to have a day off you can’t delete but you still get charge daycare fees :(

Erin from LCPS

Xplor Review

Xplor has allowed our center to better communicate with parents via the app as well as control our finances. It has a been a great experience.

Pros

I like that this child care software has everything we need to help parents feel more secure with leaving their child at our center every day. All of our contacts/updates are in this system as well as forms such as evacuation forms, medical forms, etc.

Cons

You have to be careful with privacy issues since a lot of personal information will be found within this software.

Elizabeth from Earth Angels Child Care Centre

TIme effective, easy to use Highly recomend

Parent feed back, i enjoy the families talking about the days the children have had, when they arrive to collect the children.

Pros

This product save us so much time throughout our days in ECEC , simple and easy to use, Parent feedback has increased 95%

Cons

Not being able to add more than 4 photos, and not being able to select more than one learning outcome i would love if you could select a few at a time

Hannah from Fitness

Good to use

Easy of use, sign in and sign outs are stream lined and made alot easier and faster. Clients can use the app to do it all themselves

Pros

Easy to use, online support staff are readily available and are very helpful. Online portal is clear and easy to use

Cons

Can sit on hold when trying to get phone support for 30 plus minutes. Occasionally have issues withthe app

Abi from Individual & Family Services

Great Software

Pros

The look and ease of use. The ability to speak to the support desk

Cons

Not being able to update bookings within the child's profile. It is time consuming to go to the Master Roll to delete bookings in the child's particular room and then rebook them in the next room

Caroline from QLECS

Great front end - but the back end financials are very poor

Pros

It's web based. I appreciate that customer service agent has tried his best given the constraints he has. Highly recommend his efforts.

Cons

The cost is too high for the product that you get. The reports often don't reconcile, nor are they adequate for our needs. Fixes are made to reports and something else goes wrong - testing of reports before they go live is very poor. A report will work and then changes are made randomly that you aren't advised about and then the report doesn't work. It seems that the developers have had no experience with developing financial systems - as double entry accounting is not understood - reports need to cross match. We have had in many cases needed to hold Xplor's hand to get any of the reports we need. We have had the software for 18 months and still have many of our reporting requests outstanding. This product.sales team is high on promises but low on delivery. I would prefer less sales fluffy saccharine promotional videos with American accents and more meat to the product - and for the team to deliver on it's promises. It is not a mature product and is at very early stages from a reporting perspective.

Response from Xplor

Replied December 2018

Hi Caroline. We're really sorry to hear this. We've updated our financial reporting module since your review & hope that this has resolved your issues. If you continue to have issues, please reach out to us on support@myxplor.com.

Carol from St Peters OSHC Springfield

Xplor is great

Xplor is always supportive and help is a click away - this is so valuable to have!

Pros

I have used a very old software system before Xplor. I love Xplor. It covers many things needed to run a childcare centre!

Cons

The constant changes and updates but that is to be expected with a new software program

Jillian from Education Management

Industry: Writing and Editing

Confusing

Pros

Ability to access and manage my child’s childcare booking

Cons

I don’t know who does not make updates the centre or this feature. I haven’t seen any activities done by my child in their observations never display anything!! And the links are so confusing! I can’t sign up for a new account! It’s exhausting. I do not need a demo because I already know how to use it but a direct link for just simply signing up an account and creating a direct debit for a new service would have been very helpful

The centre’s decision

Response from Xplor

Replied July 2019

Hi Jillian. Sorry to hear about your challenges. It sounds like your childcare centre needs to update the app. Only your centre can invite you to sign up for an account so please reach out to them. We're happy to help & we have online chat and a full support centre here- https://support.ourxplor.com/ Regards, Xplor Crew

David from CBA

Changing child care centres partly because of Xplor

Pros

Great if you have only one child at a centre that uses Xplor.

Cons

Our second child joined a centre that uses Xplor. We were not able to use the same email address to access Xplor as that email had been used for our first child who had attended another centre that uses Xplor last year. We had to register our second child using a work email. There is a similar problem when trying to use the same phone number for signing in and out. The child care centre was not much help and the only way for parents to get assistance from Xplor was by email. To Xplor's credit, they responded in a timely manner. But three weeks had passed since our child had enrolled and we missed three weeks of CCS because we haven't been able to sign in and out. It is impossible to work out from the statement how a payment amount was determined. The running balance includes daily estimates of the CCS and the actual CCS amount from Centrelink. We are pulling our child out of this child care centre and the criteria for her new child care centre is that they don't use Xplor.