• icon"The cost is very affordable compared to other products. The customer service and technical support are outstanding."
  • icon"I enjoyed the fact that it was user friendly. I enjoyed the affordable monthly fees based of organization size."
  • icon"I like the fact it is cloud based, so I can take it with me anywhere. It's more affordable versus other offerings."
  • icon"I was not around for implementation so I am unsure if the problems were the Aplos or GVC team related. Now I understand the software, it is critical to plan the uses than implement."
  • icon"Other software was somewhat disappointing - hasn't always worked correctly and a bit confusing on how it integrates with Aplos."
  • icon"I also find reporting to be a bit confusing. It is not intuitive...it sometimes takes several steps (that are not obvious) to get the report I need."

Browse all Aplos Reviews

• Have you used Aplos and would like to share your experience with others?

Don

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great for church finances and more

Brandon

Simple and easy, but with advanced features for those who need it.

We began using Aplos as a brand new church. They helped us every step of the way as we grew - absolutely stellar customer service! We still don't have the complexity that some larger churches do, but every time we have needed to add something, the capacity has been there. The one exception was the lack of payroll integration, which I understand that they are now adding but we have not used yet. What I love about the product is that it is easy for us who are new to accounting to use, but also robust enough that our treasure (CPA) is able to use it in more complex ways.

Pros

Cloud-based Accounting with multiple user accounts makes it easy to keep finances updated. Clean, simple, straight-forward layout makes use easy. Super-responsive customer service are always there when you need them. Bank integration makes it easy to import transactions. Contact management. Reports are quick and easy to generate with customized data. Ability to connect to online-giving.

Cons

At the moment we are unable to link families within the contact management system. There are awesome graphs and charts on the dashboard, but unfortunately they do not have a lot of customization options or the ability to easily export.

Crystal

April 2022

Aplos is a lifesaver!

Pros

I like that there is great customer support and easy to understand tutorials and instruction. The team there is always helpful, quick to respond, and so patient and kind. Although I can find the help I need online most of the time, I like to talk to a real person on chat or on the phone.

Cons

There are so many types of reports for a newbie to understand that sometimes it can be a little bit overwhelming.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

Pricing, customer service, appropriate amount of bells and whistles. No prior reports of getting hacked. The last one, especially in this day and age was very important to our church!

Reasons for switching to Aplos

We had a company that was out of state helping manage our finances. They were not able to produce answers in real time for us and the systems they were using were old and slow, bogged down with unnecessary details and hard to decrypt the meaning of the data. Aplos is easy to read, user friendly and they have great customer service for when I'm not sure what to do!

Matthew

November 2022

Your solution partner for accounting.

Aplos is an accounting software that combines an easy-to-use interface and the power of a robust accounting engine to elevate your business.Aplos makes running your accounting fast, simple, and secure. Users can track their finances and make proactive decisions by analyzing their current and historical data.Aplos provides a variety of unique features, including: A state-of-the-art accounting engine, Customizable dashboards, Multi-currency support.

Pros

Aplos is a new company that is in the process of moving into the accounting industry. Aplos is a membership company designed to help companies like yours manage their membership programs. Aplos offers a wide variety of solutions that can be customized to meet your company's needs.

Cons

Overall interface quality could be improved a bit, I didn't see any other problems.

Jessie

September 2022

APLOS is a great starter product

We loved APLOS for the capacity we need at the time.

Pros

I loves the customer service. You could always get someone on the phone, always and that was super helpful.

Cons

I did not like that customization was limited. Branding our colors and design was limited.

Roslyn

Aplos - A Stellar Business Model!

My overall experience with Aplos has been phenomenal! They literally have THE BEST customer service of any company in any type of business with whom I have ever interacted! When I contact them with a question, I am always made to feel like a valued customer. In addition, each customer service representative has always answered my questions thoroughly, kindly, and professionally. I also like the fact that Aplos listens to its customer base. Over the years (since 2015) that we have been with Aplos, I have seen improvements/additions to the software as a direct result of customer feedback.

Pros

What I like most about the Aplos software are the many features it offers that make the business aspect of our ministry so much easier to handle than it was before. Within Aplos, we get the extremely beneficial multi-level fund accounting, donor management, event registration, website building, etc. As we are growing, we are also applying other features of the software. It just keeps getting better!

Cons

Initial integration of this software into our church usage had its "hiccups" but not because of Aplos. It was a "learn-as-you-go" process for me.

Reasons for switching to Aplos

MP was very difficult to use; and whenever I had a question, I had to pay for technical support!

Perfect fit for Churches

Pros

Written for churches by individuals from church/nonprofit world. Training webinars and videos are excellent. Customer service is quickly responsive. Best I have used in 30 years

Cons

No obvious short comings. They are continuing to develop the product and partnering with other products integration

Fund accounting

Laura

From QuickBooks Online to Aplos

From the initial inquiry to day to day activities, the Aplos team has been a great support. They are quick to respond and guide us with the different features. Very refreshing!

Pros

Aplos is easy to use and I appreciate the Fund Reports and the Budgeting Reports. Learning the software was very easy and there are a number of help topics to assist you. Today I ran into a snag and used the chat box and received an answer back very quickly. Aplos has always be very responsive to any inquires.

Cons

It would be nice to have more reporting options. What is there is great, however it would be helpful to have some more analytical reports for number nerds like me. Also 1099 reporting.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

Aplos has a great CRM module and the Fund accounting. Also the cost was very reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Aplos

QuickBooks does not have a useable fund accounting option for the online product. We needed an accounting system that allowed remote users which pushed up the costs of the desktop version.

Aplos Review

I can always get the help we need from Tech. Support.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Good tech. support.

Cons

It seems a little pricey . Some of the screens do not have enough contrast to be easily read.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

Aplos was much easier to set up for our church use.

Reasons for switching to Aplos

ChurchPro seemed over complex for our needs.

Bud

Faith Baptist church use of Aplos

Cannot say enough about the excellent support (Especially from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]and his team) making the transition to Aplos in the middle of our year and the quick response during the process and afterwards.

Pros

Time savings, ease of use, great support available and easily understood. Wonderful training session and tools available at your fingertips.

Cons

Could use some more flexibility in tracking give and particularily break down of givers and amounts for real time reports.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

By far easier to use, cost effective and produces multiple kinds of reports on demand

Reasons for switching to Aplos

Needed software that could be utilized in less time and able to produce needed reports on demand.

Tracy

Life Made Uncomplicated

When it comes to a business like APLOS it is all about service and they shine in this area. Wish more of our friends would give them a try and break the Quick Books strangle hold on them.

Pros

Fantastic Support and training available. Staff is quick to respond and worked with us to resolve any questions or issues. Easy to get started website maker that gave our site a professional appearance relatively easy and has substantial flexibility out of the box. Reporting is a big selling point...many reports and lots of filters that allow for detailed customization.

Cons

Not having a larger number of initial users allowed under the basic package.

Price, depth of functionality and real Fund Accounting mentality

Julie

Great Experience

We have a positive experience with Aplos

Pros

The Aplos software has served us well the 10 months we have been using it. It allows us to use the fund accounting process for our church. It is user friendly, customer service has been quick to answer our questions, and reporting options are easy to read/understand. Aplos offers training which proves to be helpful.

Cons

We are still within our learning curve for the Aplos software.

Reasons for switching to Aplos

The old software was cumbersome, did not use fund accounting, and did not produce helpful reports that were easy for our board to read.

Jeffrey

December 2021

great improvement over prior system and failed go-live

Pros

Like the pure fund accounting which was not in our prior system. Like that this is SaaS and not software we need to purchase. Compared against another ChMS we attempted to implement this is a hands down better solution.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least. The implementation did take a little longer but it was complete and we needed to convert years worth of data. And since v5 was a mess it is understandable.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

the pure fund accounting helped convince us.

End of road for v5 and we attempted ShelbyNext...and failed

Bart

Floats to the top

Aplos is doing the job for me. Some things are frustrating, but mostly, it's better than doing things by hand or by spreadsheet. Occasionally odd things happen. For instance, it's now January 17, and the home page is telling me that my YTD income is different from my monthly income. This can't be true in January. Similar things happen in some reports. The balance sheet will say that a fund has X dollars, but the report for that fund will say Y dollars. So there are some quirks to get around, but it's no worse than making a spreadsheet (or other software that knows nothing about fund accounting) behave. I like the reports Aplos generates. Especially at the end of the year, when everyone in our congregation wants a statement for their taxes. It's really just one button. If I were the boss of Aplos, the first thing I'd change is that I'd clean up the wasted screen real-estate. There's a button on the bottom right that has a bad habit of covering half the number I want to see, and pop-up "alerts" occasionally disrupt my work. And the box the pop-ups come from is also wasted screen area. Actually, this box keeps telling me I'm 85% set up. It's wrong. I'm as set up as I want to be. I can't see how to make the box go away, except to buy more product which I don't need. This amounts to a pop-up ad, and not the good kind. So this isn't a glowing review. But software nowadays is written so poorly, that bare competence floats to the top. Aplos is better than anything else I've used, but that's not saying a lot. If they raise the price again, I'm going back to spreadsheets.

Pros

Fairly clean interface. Most reports are close to what I want.

Cons

It's still buggy. Amounts that should match, don't always. The cost has tripled in the last 3 years.

Response from Aplos Software

Hi Bart, If the numbers are off by a few dollars, this may be due to rounding. If you¿d like, our Support Team would be happy to look into this to give you a more specific answer. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team at support@aplos.com. For the Setup alert: You can click on the Go To Setup button and choose some of the options like, I don¿t want to set Starting Balances. Or, there are feature options that you can say ¿no¿ to, like Contributions. This should help clear that alert. Also, sorry that the bottom right icon is a bit pesky. We want you to be able to contact our Support Team if you ever have questions, so that¿s why it¿s there, but we realize that it can sometimes get in the way. That¿s a suggestion that we¿re happy to pass along to our development team. The Aplos Team

Replied March 2017

Wendy

APLOS Software for my Small (but growing) Church

The people at APLOS are great to work with. Easy to reach out to, quick to respond, They are really good at listening to my particular need and showing me how APLOS helps with it vs. just a generic response. Also, you can't beat the price. (I got a Black Friday 50% off special for a year). I looked at other options - some were too much for my need (both cost and complexity) and some could be made to work (Quickbooks for example) but were not really designed for a church. This is PERFECT for us.

Pros

I purchased this software to help me take on a new role as treasurer of a small church. Am about 6 weeks into a "practice period" and will wipe out my practice data and start clean in January. It has (almost) everything I could want and some things I did not expect. The people database for church members, vendors, & prospects supports communication and there are robust accounting features (budgeting, bill pay, offerings, etc.). It has predesigned reports of all kinds that can be easily customized. You can import and export data. And it is really easy to use. Clearly designed for non-professionals like me - a volunteer doing a treasurer's job. Loved it from the first time I started playing with it during the free trial period. Also the resources (webinars, academy, one on one support) are great! Have watched several webinars, and chatted with people in customer support several times to get specific guidance/suggestions on my questions.

Cons

Have found only 2 things missing so far: 1) My pastor wants the ability to use the letter/email functions to communicate with members (uses the contact database) without seeing their donation records - and right now that "separation" isn't available. Also in recording donations, I would like to differentiate between cash and check because you need that info to make your bank deposit. APLOS doesn't provide for that. There's a workaround but not a great one. Customer Service made note of both of these needs for future releases.

Debra

New to Fund Accounting

I do not have another Fund Accounting Software to compare Aplos to, but I can't imagine that anyone could offer better Customer Service. They are very helpful, and help resolve issues. This would be a number one reason for using Aplos, not knowing if other companies provide the same level of Service...I can't say if they are the best, but they are very helpful.

Pros

I really like the Reconciliation process...it is simple to understand and works perfectly. I value the support that Aplos provides. I am new to Fund Accounting, with NO experience at all, but I have been with Aplos for over a year and they are always willing to take the time to help me figure out how to fix what I didn't understand and a good way to proceed.

Cons

I am unhappy that I cannot find a Vendor to do a new A/P Entry..instead have to scroll thru pages to find the one I'm looking for, a simple search would suffice. I also find reporting to be a bit confusing....it is not intuitive...it sometimes takes several steps (that are not obvious) to get the report I need. Additionally, I believe that the price per month should include a second user, for dual control purposes, for instance a second person to do Bank Reconciliations.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

Pricing and ease of use (at least the demo made it feel easy to use)

Reasons for switching to Aplos

I wanted a Fund Accounting Software AND a partner for Payroll.

Kassie

May 2022

So easy to install and use!

We previously had a vendor that did all of our financial services including payroll, general ledger, bill pay and reporting. It was very expensive and the delay in being able to get the reporting was a big problem. We were able to switch to Aplos and take over all of that very easily. It is actually less labor doing it ourselves on Aplos than it was to supply all the data to our previous vendor that was doing it for us. Love this software!

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive. Tutorials are VERY good. Online support is very good. When all of that didn't answer my questions, I was thrilled to find that I can call and get the answer from very knowledgeable associates without having to wait on hold for more than a minute or two. The set up was very easy. Changes are very easy to make. The reporting is very flexible and easy to use.

Cons

I have only a couple of minor annoyances. There is a bug with the date range functionality on reporting when putting in a custom date that causes you to have to do it twice before it works properly. The other minor thing is that you can't customize reports over and above the filter and layout options that are offered. But, that is minor because the report flexibility is still very good.

Reasons for choosing Aplos

Quickbooks didn't have the fund accounting options we needed and Sage was WAY more expensive. Aplos gave us everything we needed at a very reasonable price.

Terry