Browse Breeze Reviews

Cindy from Life Connectin Church

Great product and excellent customer service - WIN!

We are able to track our members and visitors with ease. The calendar feature allows us to track attendance, volunteers, and works well with our website, and other media. The online giving has made data entry so much easier! I highly recommend this product. I worked with another company for over 10 years, and thought they were the best. Breeze changed my mind. They by far have been the best solution for our church software needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use for both staff, and church members. It has features that allow us to work with other software programs we already use. The online giving portion is my favorite! It was an easy transition from our old church software and from our online giving software. The support team has helped me figure out creative ways to use the software, and they always respond quickly to my requests.

Cons

I wish it had church financials built in.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

I weighed the options between my current favorite software ACS and Breeze. Quite honestly, we chose Breeze because of their responsiveness, and because the product is excellent.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

As a new employee I was given the opportunity to switch to something else, that was more user friendly. Breeze offered the best price, and options that are easy to use for the staff and the church members.

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

Overall a great investment

Overall I have found Breeze ChMS to be a valuable resource for our church and well worth the monthly fee. I would highly recommend trying it if you are at all curious. The support is very good, which helps with the learning curve.

Pros

It's great for tracking attendance, kids min sign in and sign out. It functions as a church directory for us, but is a little clunky for that. Once set up this software service works really well for a small to medium sized church. We haven't used the giving section of the service, but it looks really solid. Overall this is a really good solution for a church that wants to track attendance, giving and some communication aspects.

Cons

It was a bit of work to get set up and understand, but their customer support is excellent and they are very willing to help you. I have found it difficult to access the data I want at times, such as clarifying who was at what events/gatherings. It's not a straightforward or simple process to access information, such as who was at a certain event, and takes several steps and even then isn't clear if it's the actual information I'm looking for. In other words, it's not always user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Breeze was less expensive, while accomplishing the same goals for us. It was the first time we used software to track attendance and sign in/out for kids min so we wanted to keep costs low. Breeze offered a good user experience for families as they sign their kids in and we liked the reporting option so we can track our attendance.

Lorraine from Church of St. John

December 2021

Hands down, best church management software

Keeping track of parishioners information as well as church information & finances.

Pros

Very easy to learn & use. Always has more surprises of things it can do. Does pretty much anything we can possibly need.

Cons

It could run a little bit faster but it's certainly not a deal breaker. I've worked with much slower programs with no problem.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Price was much better & the little videos made it seem so much easier than the others.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

The system was very difficult to learn. It was an old program with no updates. No one could figure out how to work it. Customer service was difficult.

A product who's name actually fits

Pros

Lots of features, that actually work. It's affordable and I can understand what I need to use the product.

Cons

I wish the text feature could be bi-directional instead of just outward.

Rodney from Manhattan Grace Tabernacle

Breeze is church management software well done.

Gives staff access to member data and makes giving records easy to navigate.

Pros

Easy to import existing data. Terrific onboarding team.

Cons

Donors complain about having to re-enter their card data each time. Not a factor if they text to give, though. Also, not a factor if they have a member portal, which we have not set up yet.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Lower cost and additional management functionality

Jessica from The Press Room

Breeze is truly a breeze!

The team at Breeze was very helpful in helping us get started as we transferred from another CRM. They're constantly improving their service and sometimes their features are so easy to use that you don't realize the solution is right under your nose!

Pros

The ease of categorization, use and especially the ability to keep track of and collect online donations. Support was also amazing. If there wasn't a how-to video or guide, the team would create one!

Cons

There's nothing really negative to say about Breeze itself. However, the app could use a little more oomph.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

The price and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

We made the switch when it became very difficult to reconcile our accounting and keep track of and receipt online donations.

Tyler from Associated Church

It really is a Breeze

Breeze ChMS has allowed us to get out of the stone age when it comes to our membership database. It may seem simple, but the fact that Breeze provides so many modern toolsets in very user friendly ways, makes our life so much easier. It really is a Breeze to use. Our staff and volunteers are excited to use the software when previously the tasks of membership management or contribution tracking, etc. were dreadfully tedious.

Pros

Breeze is super easy to use. There's a wide breadth of features and functionality, but they are all presented in very intuitive and user-friendly ways. They've really thought about the user (both church staff and congregation members) in designing the software.

Cons

The software has a lot of features, but there are some areas for improvement or expansion. Specifically, around volunteer management.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

For the price, Breeze provided all the tools we needed, and more. They are presented in such a logical, user-friendly way, it made the software so much easier to use than the competition.

Montae from True Deliverance Holiness Church

I love this product!

Overall we are satisfied with this product.

Pros

This system is easy to use and customer support is great!

Cons

It's an industry standard, but when sending text messages through the system, you are limited to 160 characters including punctuations and spaces.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

It seemed easier to use and the customer support is amazing.

Beth from Cornerstone Ministries

We love using Breeze!

The staff is awesome!! So cheerful and willing to help! The software has saved so much time and is so easy to use for our giving and recording of Tithe and offerings! We also love the reminders sent out automatically for volunteers!

Pros

The ability to keep track of giving and scheduling!

Cons

It’s very easy to use! I need more experience with the assigning tags!

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Referred to us by[SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Amanda from Glendale Baptist Churc

East

It was easy to start using. The integration was easy. Support has been wonderful.

Pros

The software is user friendly and very easy to use.

Cons

It does not send me a copy of email and text that are sent out. It does have a copy in history in the database

Ease of use

Carly from Faith Lutheran Church

User-Friendliest Interface

Our previous ChMS was so difficult and confusing to use. I couldn't even figure out how to send quarterly statements to more than 50 people. Also, our previous database did not offer free or unlimited customer support, which seems insane in 2021. I was really nervous to manually transfer the data from our old system to our new, but the help articles on Breeze's website were so thorough and comprehensive that I managed to do the export/import on my own. Not that it would have even mattered because they don't charge for that either! I mean! What a dream! I've only been using the system for about a month now, so there remain a lot of things that I need to learn about and put to use, but I'd recommend this product to anyone who needs to manage a church.

Pros

Using Breeze is just what they want it to be - a total breeze. Everything about the platform is about as user friendly as it gets. There's no getting lost in the product, or confusion about how a feature works because it's so intuitive as well. I've used a lot of platforms that are more akin to tough-to-query databases, but Breeze takes all of that confusion and frustration and... sends it off in the breeze.

Cons

The only thing that I don't love about Breeze is that it does seem to be user friendly for the computer literate. Personally, I'm a millennial. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous to unveil the member portal to our predominantly retired congregation. I'll come back and let you know how it goes once I tell them about it.

Price

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Ease of use, technical support

Kim from Providence Church Of The C & MA

Excellent Product with GREAT Customer Service and always innovating

EXCELLENT. I recommend Breeze to everyone I can - they are super competent and super helpful, a GREAT combination in information technology.

Pros

Super intuitive, organized, easy to use for reporting & communicating, always improving, and GREAT customer service. When I have a question about how to do something, I get an answer within the hour - not within the week. And on those rare occasions when they don't currently have a tool I need, they send me a link to request a feature. Great company, I can't wait for them to roll out their next component!

Cons

I wish Breeze had an accounting platform that could replace my QuickBooks. Breeze understands the needs of churches and non-profits, so I appreciate their take on managing our information.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

We considered staying with CCB, but because of MUCH lower price, ease of use, and great customer service, we went with Breeze. I'm thankful every day that we made the switch!

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Much less expensive, greater access to customer service, super intuitive, and always innovating. CCB only allowed one person PER CHURCH to submit customer service requests. This created unnecessary and lengthy logjams as that one representative had to submit the questions and then forward the answer to whoever asked in the first place. All this while charging an enormous fee.

Tommy-Lee from First Presbyterian Church

I will never go back to another church management software

In my ministry, it is vital to have access to contact information and to know who has and who hasn't been attending so that we can follow up with them. Breeze makes this, literally, a breeze!

Pros

-Easily look up church attenders by a variety of search fields (including age, grade, membership status, etc.). -Easily take attendance for events and check-in children with the check-in system. -Quickly create a report to show who has or who hasn't attended in a specified period of time (great for follow up! -Not overly cumbersome. Other softwares that I have looked at are less user friendly and harder to learn. This one gives us all the features of the other ones without the learning curve. -Integrates with MailChimp -Easily download lists of each tagged group with contact info and more. -The price is amazing. We were paying exponentially more on another church management system and getting much less out of it than we are with Breeze.

Cons

-Since it is web based, the load times can take a little longer than I'd like (but I'm talking extra seconds, not minutes). -I've had an issue when trying to change the time of a recurring event--for some reason it only changes one specific instance instead of all of them, but that could be user error.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Breeze was much easier to figure out from the get-go and much more intuitive and user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

ACS was very cumbersome and expensive.

Janet from Crossroads Free Methodist Church

Make your data usable and easy to access

Breeze has been a wonderful company to work with. Training new people to use it has been so easy. We are extremely happy with this software.

Pros

I like many things about this product. For contributions, it is so easy to track giving and to teach others how to input the data. Reporting is quick and easy. Online giving is easy for donors to use. I also like the ease of editing categories and tracking attendance for our training classes and Sunday school. For a general database of members, it is so easy to edit and tag people for the various groups you create. The customer service at Breeze is the best! They have always answered any question quickly and cheerfully, and they are available to any user. The cost is reasonable and includes all of the features.

Cons

Sometime I cannot get the reports I want, but I think that is because I haven't researched how to do it. Online contributions can take a week to get into our bank account; however, the notifications are immediate, so that is helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

The cost of Breeze is reasonable and includes unlimited access to customer service. Most questions can be answered through their online help search. Many leaders and staff (with varying levels of permissions) can access the database easily and get information needed or tasks done. Email and text blasts are great features. Online giving is included in the monthly rate that covers all functions. Contribution tracking is excellent.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

The costs are high, manuals are extra, and if you need customer support, you have to pay even more. It was not a user-friendly database for multiple users.

Elaine from Westminster Presbyterian Church

This is a great product for the money

Overall, my experience with Breeze has been a Breeze with the exception of the Children's ministry. It was very easy to learn and is easy to use.

Pros

This product helps us take attendance, organize lists, communicate with committees/volunteers, check in to children's ministry with ease. We used to keep multiple databases and this can all be done in one with Breeze.

Cons

When doing rosters for children's ministry and other events, names of parents are not linked to their children. This makes it very difficult to continually update the parents AND children's names in two separate lists. I've had to devise a special mail merge template to make it work. Apparently, this is an issue with a lot of other Church Management systems.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

We had been using Logos, but since they were no longer supported and becoming obsolete we had to switch to another CRM. SimpleChurch was our first choice, but it wasn't at all what we were looking for. Breeze was a lot closer to what we needed, especially for a church with an older demographic and specific statistics needed for our denomination. The icing on top is that Breeze is SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive.

Meghan from Trinity Episcopal Cathedral

You can't lose!

I love this product. As I've said before I've installed and used it at a church previously and sold two other churches on it - no Breeze isn't paying me to say this! Perhaps one of the main reasons I DO love it is that it is one of the only businesses out there staying true to its promises, even as it grows. I trust them and I trust their product. They've also managed the evolution well, without adding more bells and whistles than they can support from the back end. You really can't lose giving it a try. Easy Breezy (I know that's corny, but really!)

Pros

EXTREMELY user-friendly on both the admin side and the user side. The flexibility affords those using it to obtain and use only the information that is specific to the way they are doing business and the needs they have for collecting data or serving a community. The support is "always on" from a rich bank of videos and blogs to fast and friendly phone support. Becasue there is no start up fee and Breeze will even cut your install time to really nothing giving this a try is a wi- win!N

Cons

I've used Breeze for two different orgs now - both churches. I'm about to consult on a third and we have doubts about it being able to transfer the immense amount of education dense/event registration info from Fellowship One - a possible "con." A second missing option is end user's capability to determine how much info is shared in the online directory. This is only determined by admin via tags and not flexible for the individual. Some families with children may not want to share their street address while others might, birthdays, etc. Right now it's either visible to all or not.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Fellowship One - Tooo Bulky and getting more expensive by the minute! Too many third party vendors to make it workable. Servant Keeper - Too clunky and complicated for smaller orgs. Aplos - Clearly NOT a customer management software - only donations and even there it is complicated

Candy from Founders Baptist Church

Breeze chms is the way to go

It's been great to also have a phone/ipad app to use, which I use all the time. Breeze chms is easy to learn and use.

Pros

Working in Children's Ministry we needed an affordable & reliable way to check-in our children. Our main church software program was not user friendly and to get the check-in portion added was ridiculously expensive, so I began researching for our church something that we could use in Children's Ministry but, would serve our overall church staff as well. We began with Breeze near their beginning and I'm been very pleased to have seen it grow to add more and more to help churches like us. We are very pleased and happy with Breeze CHMS and I would & have recommended it to others.

Cons

In the beginning it was the customer service and the ability to get a quick answer but, they have made vast improvements and there is no problem now.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Had what I was looking for, along with the overall cost on our budget

expenses & ease of use

Response from Breeze ChMS

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your review, Candy! Blessings to you and your church.

David from Trinity Avenue Presbyterian Church

Breeze is a Church Database Game Changer

So far, I absolutely love Breeze! I cannot overstate how much nicer and easier it is to use than our old database. Breeze is intuitive to use, you can easily customize its data fields, sort data easily, etc. and they have really good customer service. Every time I have called, people have been friendly and have worked quickly to get the answers that we needed. During our set up process and with some questions after they, they have responded very quickly. I am very happy that we have made the switch and only regret that we did not do so sooner.

Pros

Breeze is easily customizable and intuitive to use. The previous database we used literally required hours-long training classes to learn how to use. This is not the case with Breeze.

Cons

We are new users to Breeze, so we have not experienced a lot of hiccups yet. The only thing it does not have is a financial accounting piece. You can track pledges and giving with it, which is nice, but you ultimately still need to use something like Quickbooks to manage the money side of things. For us institutionally, that is actually fine.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

From looking at demos, even though Realm products by ACS looked like a vast improvement over their general ACS stuff, it still was not as easily customizable as Breeze. And Breeze has a price point that is pretty unbeatable. It is literally several thousand dollars cheaper a year and easier to use than the ACS products.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

ACS was not intuitive to use and very difficult to use. Running some basic reports often required phone calls to them to figure out how to even do. Also, logging into the ACS app on my computer would take several minutes to even do, just to change someone's contact info or to look up a phone number. And it literally cost something like 10 times more than Breeze.

Jodi from St. Philip's Episcopal Church-Beulah, MI

Love it!

We didn't really have a systemized and affordable way to manage our year-round, summer, and winter community membership that empowered involvement, tracked complicated giving, and provided ways to keep information up-to-date. Breeze was the one stop management software we needed!

Pros

Easy interface, up-to-date and instant access to member data, volunteer management, contribution tracking, and online giving. It's worth it's weight in gold for our small parish. I'm a busy clergy person and my parishioners change their info frequently, so this type of management software that is easy to use, is critical to our capacity to keep things afloat. This is the second church I've used it at and will take it with me everywhere, big and small!!!

Cons

Some of the beta versions were clunky and confusing, but the team was always VERY helpful in navigating. The tutorial videos made it easy to implement.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Price, userability, cloud-based, volunteer management, online giving, contribution management.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

It's easy interface, price point, and cloud-based function.

Nathan from Manley Baptist Church

Breeze CHMS, simply the best.

Our overall experience with Breeze has been excellent. The customer support is the best and they almost always answer the phone within the first minute of calling them. They have helped us thinking through our various uses of Breeze and helped us get Breeze setup for each. The implementation of Breeze was very smooth and went much faster than we expected.

Pros

The best aspect of Breeze is that it is easy for all of our people to use. In a church you often deal with volunteers and people of various levels of technical proficiency. I have yet to find anyone on our teams who does not find Breeze intuitive and easy to use. I do have to manage user accounts, access, and stay in tune enough with what is going on to be able to set things up for people and answer questions on site. But the questions that come in are easy to understand, easy to address, and the goals we work towards are easy to achieve.

Cons

We have used Breeze now for a little over a year and it works extremely well for all areas of our church but one. The one area where Breeze is lacking is with general accounting. Breeze has modules and features for Contributions with tons of options for online giving, online registrations, contribution reports, etc. But, there is no module or features for keeping general ledger. So, we have to use a separate system for this and reconcile these regularly.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

We chose Breeze CHMS over Planning Center because it seemed simpler and more intuitive. Our most difficult transition was with our child check-in system which is one area where Breeze excels. Our worship ministry has used Planning Center for years and it is great for worship planning and communicating with the worship teams. But, in my opinion, worship planning is a niche for Planning Center. Planning Center does offer many similar services to Breeze, but it is not as simple or intuitive. I watched several training videos from Planning Center during our evaluation and still found myself struggling to adopt their technology into our processes. But with Breeze, we simply looked at it and pretty just much started using it. With Breeze, the learning curve was not so much learning how to use it, but how to use it more with new procedures and directions that we have never tried before. Breeze broke us free from serving technology and flipped things around so that the technology now serves us. Yes, Breeze is truly THIS good at what they do.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

We found ACS very difficult to use. Our users would often just give up and not follow through on their tasks, resigning because the technology was just too hard to figure out. They would call support often for minor issues and end up staying on the phone for long periods of time just to get simple things working. Also, the cost of our services for ACS was many, many times the amount we are now paying for Breeze. We went from paying many hundreds a month for ACS to a flat $50 a month for Breeze.

Michelle from Rothbury Community Church

Breeze is a breeze!

We are a small church and decided it was time to come into the 21st century. We researched many options for church management software and narrowed it down to two, based on price and features. The folks at the other site sent several canned messages but never really responded to our questions. The team at Breeze - real people! - touched base, answered every question we had (even the "stupid" ones), and even extended our free trial after a death in the family interfered with our ability to really evaluate the program.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, tons of tutorials. If I can't find the answer to a "how to", I send an email and get a reply within a day or two (usually within hours). And having the team at Breeze transfer our data was a huge timesaver and one more thing off my plate. While we're new users, having only been with Breeze a few months, I am very impressed with the program and the customer service.

Cons

Breeze is individual driven, rather than family driven. I find this makes it a little trickier to do some of the things I used to do with my former program. It's a small issue, so far, but I do see it as a drawback.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

I can't remember the name of the product (probably just as well) but they seemed very comparable to Breeze. We signed up for a free trial on Friday. By Monday morning, we had three "canned" messages asking us why we hadn't logged back in or if we needed any help. I replied to the messages, even suggesting they change their program to recognize the need to give people a few days before that kind of followup. In reply, I received another "canned" message. When I did look into the program, I had a couple of questions and emailed the company, only to receive another "canned" message in reply. Not one message indicated a personal reply. I felt if their customer service was so poor when they were trying to get me as a customer, it would only get worse from their.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

We feel that SK is a very good program but we wanted to make some options available to our people that SK couldn't accommodate.

Chris from Connect Church

Breeze CHMS lives up to it's name.

Breeze has been incredible. I recoommend them all the time. They provide an incredible service for a great rate. We were paying more for less before moving to Breeze. Every aspect has been an improvement. The few times we've had a concern, we had a solution within minutes.

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly. I make the lame joke each time, that it's a breeze when training someone new. It was extremely important for our needs that we find software our volunteers could use with ease. Breeze through its website and mobile app have made our lives much simpler. It's easy to use and train others on how to use. Add in the built-in text and email communication PLUS forms that easily integrate into our website, it's incredible. We've been extremely happy with our decision as a church and love seeing the new updates that continue to come out. It's great knowing that a company is always trying to improve the user experience, listening to its customers, and providing updates, often.

Cons

The only con I have is that I would like to be able to schedule an email or text at a specific time rather than just 'on the hour'. It is small, but it would be great to have that flexibility.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Breeze provided the best value. Upon trying it out, we fell in love. Incredible workflows, communication options, forms, and more.

Julie from Grace Northridge Church

Best Tech Support

We use the database to track our church membership, and it's great. We use a separate Visitor Management System and would like to integrate both into Breeze, but the additional charge is holding us back. So far, though, everything that we DO use Breeze for is seamless. We love Breeze and would use more of their functions if the cost weren't so high. Excellent tech support!

Pros

Breeze is so intuitive that I rarely need help, but when I do, their tech support team is not only incredibly knoweldgeable, but they are also so friendly and easy to work with. They always follow-up their phone calls with an email containing additional information that might help with whatever the problem is. There hasn't been a single time that the tech support team has disappointed us! :)

Cons

I wish it had more colors on the interface. I think the blue and gray is rather boring.

Response from Breeze ChMS

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the kind words! I would agree (although I may be biased :) our support staff is the best! The majority of us have worked in ministry and understand the administrative obstacles that cause frustration. We approach every call with a servant-minded core value and love what we do. You mentioned using a separate Visitor Management System, I'd love more info. With no limit on the number of people in Breeze, my first thought is to create an additional Status choice of "Visitor" and use Breeze to track those important contacts. I realize I may be simplifying your need, but curious to see if we can help. Additionally, you mention additional costs prohibiting you from using features within Breeze. With our $50 per month simple pricing, one price - all features, I'm hoping I can also offer clarification here as well. Please email me directly julie@breezechms.com, I'd love to chat and be sure we're serving you the best we can.

Gay from Christian Life Church

Member/Customer Data Management : Affordable, Efficient, Effective, Easy to Learn & Use

We continue to have a very positive experience. We are completely satisfied. We are excited about some of the new features which are in beta testing right now. We have referred several churches/non-profits to Breeze and we have purchased a second account to use with a county-wide service organization we are a part of.

Pros

Breeze ChMS is affordable. Designed for churches, it would also be appropriate for non-profits & small businesses. Keep individual profiles with plenty of options to customize. Email, text, export date, create electronic forms, electronic check-in, receive payments/contributions, and so much more all in one place. The data transfer from our old system into Breeze was amazingly straight forward, almost easy. The learning curve was minimal for anyone who is familiar with doing things online. Like the data transfer, training is also straight forward; bite sized videos & links to related articles make it very easy to grasp and apply. This is my third experience transferring to a cloud based church management system and I can say, with confidence, the customer service team and their online help center are the best in the business.

Cons

All the pros far outweigh the four cons for us; the text feature is outgoing only, the web link is pretty long (yourorgname.breezechms.com), photo files are not exportable except in directory form, and there is on one option for paying them - once monthly.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Breeze would meet our needs and our budget while integrating with our other management solutions (QuickBooks & Planning Center).

Colin from Sovereign Grace Community Church

Breeze lives up to its name!

I'm thrilled with Breeze.

Pros

The one thing that brings Breeze above other great products is their support team. It is the most responsive, helpful team of any product I've ever come across in any context. These guys are fantastic. How I use Breeze: Breeze lets me communicate easily via text or email to various sub-groups of people using Tags. We use Breeze's automated reminder/RSVP system for our children's program which has saved me SO much time and hassle, and we're able to track attendance of our children's program. I send out a weekly newsletter through Breeze (which allows me to track readership). We receive money for events through the forms feature, and use Forms regularly for all kinds of things. I like that receiving registration payments through forms connects those same payers to their contact ID in the member database.

Cons

Two things I would love to offer to our people that Breeze can't do currently: 1) We are currently limited in our ability to let folks pick the roles they'd like for various event signups. I have to go to outside sites like SignupGenius for that, which is no longer linked to the database. A cross between SignupGenius and TakeThemAMeal would be fantastic and allow us to stay inside Breeze for all that communication. 2) Having a secure login for our folks is great, and it would be very helpful if we could upload some content to a common page for things like church bylaws, mission statement, Children's program policies, etc. Currently there's no direct way to upload content to the database or to show your own custom "home" page when users log in. Even that would be helpful because I could put links to PDF files without asking Breeze to host more stuff.

Matthew from Catholic Diocese of D

Database gamechanger for minsitry. Hard to believe so many features are packed into one tool.

This tools was a game-changer in our communication. We are able to hold all the data we need, and then communicate to only the specific people we need for each communication by filtering people. I can't believe how helpful this tool has been!

Pros

*Allows texting to people right from the database, so you can send a mail-merge style text to any tag, group, or filtered option. *Allows online payments/donations at a low credit card processing rate. *Allows the ability to organize volunteers to RSVP for events by email or event text. Makes volunteer management super easy. *Allows data to be collected by forms. I can create an form questions I want/need. Very handy! *Allows as many profile fields I need and I can create any type of question. *Connects to Mailchimp with sync, so our list are no longer mis-matched. *Allows endless amounts of data tagging. So we can add any piece of information to any contact. *Tons of user level options allows different levels of visibility and edit-ability. There is even a directory option so it can be set up so each contact can log-in and see certain profile fields. *Online check-in is helpful for attendance tracking.

Cons

*Someone needs to know a little about database structures to set-it up. (You don't need to know programming, but comfortable in how data moves and functions in databases). *The form data is not saved as an unalterable .pdf, so it is hard to use the form feature as an online legal document since the data is alterable after being submitted. I would love to use forms as a permission form, but since that requires a legal electronic signature, our legal advisor says we can use it for that since it doesn't covert the data to a permanent/ unalterable .pdf. So we have to use another tool for online legal documents that doesn't sync with Breeze. *There is a feature to group people by family, but there isn't a "Family" sub-category of contacts in the database. So what would be nice is if a "Family" could hold the common info for the family such as household address, phone number, etc, rather than each contact having that information repeated. There are some things a family has in common, such as an address.

August 2016

Chad from Encounter Church

August 2016

The Best Church Software God Has Given to Humanity

It is inevitably a common experience in the trenches of a database that the frustrated user thinks of an improvement to the program. This has happened only a few times with me while using Breeze, and on virtually EVERY occasion they have come up with a real solution to my "problem" as the next update. Now it's a joke on our staff; when someone says, "I wish Breeze could do [xyz]," someone will say, just wait a few weeks and they'll come out with an update. And it's happened for all the 9 months we've been using the product. Breeze is amazing. Most of the time you use an effective product and you simply enjoy the fact that it works. Sometimes your experience with it is so positive that you become an advocate for the company; that's where I'm at. Breeze has helped our church in so many ways that I am grateful and indebted to them! If I met someone who worked at Breeze I would hug them.

Pros

It is a BREEZE to learn and use, and volunteers adapt well to it. It is extremely inexpensive for what you get with the program. It has tons of features. I could go into all the features, but for the sake of time, they're ALL genuinely helpful and efficient. It is tailored for specifically for churches, but I would think all kinds of organizations would benefit greatly from it. As an unexpected bonus, their blog is extremely helpful as well! I tend to devalue most blogs that have 3 trite or self-evident ways to this or that, but every post that has caught my eye has been truly wise, biblical, insightful, and practical. I go back and refer to them as a resource; they're that helpful.

Cons

The only "cons" I've experienced have been small inefficiencies along the way, but they have virtually ALL been fixed days or weeks after I discovered them. (For example: I wish that recipients of a mass text could subscribe/unsubscribe/reply, but my hunch is that they're working on that and that there's some limitation w/ phone companies or something.)

G. Fae from First United Methodist Church

Very Dependable Support

I am still impressed and they keep making improvements, many of which I don't use but one day perhaps the secretary will be trained to use for different records of attendance, etc. I an impressed with their customer service. They can answer questions and guide me by phone, email, etc. I wanted especially to have my quarterly statements reflect pledges for individuals who pay in a previous year for an upcoming pledge. I thought I would have to do those few individuals statements manually because I would enter the current year and it would not show they had paid their pledge. I was pleasantly instructed to just change the fiscal year to include the month they paid and it would show the pledge paid and not confuse for their taxes which year they made their contribution. Worked great!

Pros

This software offers so many things that churches can use. In my case, I use the accounting side of the software which includes not just contributions, but names addresses, membership, phone numbers, mailing labels, etc. There are others parts of the software that I do not use but I am confident function as well as the portion I use. When I have a question or problem, I send an email and get almost instant reply along with some videos that explain how to use or solve a problem I am having.

Cons

At this point the quarterly statements and how much editing allowed is limited. However, I am pleased to say that it has improved since I first began. I wished I could download to WORD or pdf folder.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Expense and it works just as well if not better. It was easy to transfer my records to the new software also.

Far less expensive.

Adam from FCC

Breeze ChMS is a top notch ChMS for most churches 1000k or less

We switched to this software after researching 4-5 other software products and we are so glad that we did. We realize no ChMS is perfect but this one is a solid attempt.

Pros

The ease of use of this software compared to everything else we tried and used previously is second to none. It is intuitive and easy to use. Also the cost to use, is unbelievable compared to what we had before.

Cons

Breeze was missing some of the power features that we had previously used when using ACS like bulk mailings.

price and ease of use.

Ease of use and price

Justin from Waynesburg First Assembly

Works well for our needs.

Love how responsive, innovative and helpful they are. They continue to make updates all the time.

Pros

I love the ease of check in, and the way that you can customize the features you need. Also love how you can get all the data you want in pre-made charts, spreadsheets and other ways.

Cons

You have to be really involved in getting the members of the organization on board. I would love an email feature that you could send out and have the members populate the fields of data. (Name, etc.). They can already do that now but I would like a quick way to advertise and promo to them to update their info. Also I think a survey feature would be awesome. I know there are forms, etc. but just an easier way to track and process that data from a survey.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

More features. I think...

Ease of use

Kelly from High Pointe Community Church

Breeze For Churches

Breeze keeps all our information in one place: church directory, giving, managing volunteers, calendar events, and attendance. Plus it works well with our website and facebook groups too.

Pros

Breeze Chms is an absolute easy-to-use church management system for staff and church people. We can track attendance, issue surveys, plan programming, manage volunteers and evenmore. The church people have access so it's also our church directory. I've experienced excellent customer service. There are trouble-shooting pages but if I cannot find my answer, I inquire and receive an answer that same day.

Cons

The only con would be the monthly fee. It adds up over time, but that's the only complaint that I might have.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

The program we had didn't have all the features that Breeze offers. We watched tutorials and discussed with other churches to see their opinions.

David from Leadership Transformations

Not only for churches, but non-profits too!

We have loved Breeze. Our users love it. I've recommended a handful of other churches and nonprofit organizations to try out Breeze, and the ones who went with Breeze have all loved it.

Pros

Tagging architecture - allows you to organize ALL of your data so quickly and intuitively. I think this is hands down the BEST feature of Breeze. I've demo'd several other competitors, and I think Breeze does this the best. They also do tons of other things (online forms, payment integration, Mailchimp integration, webhooks, calendar events, etc.). Breeze was a game-changer for our organization. We researched several big CRMs, and even though Breeze is much cheaper, it served our needs MUCH better.

Cons

I think the email editor could be improved. We use it daily, and it gets the job done, but for rich-text emailing, should be better.

TAGGING, cost

Justin from Saint Paul the Apostle Church

Breeze CHMS is a BREEZE!

Better serving our members. Easier access with customizable options. Excellent customer service that answers when you call.

Pros

Breeze CHMS makes data management user-friendly and a joy to work with. Their cloud-based platform allows access wherever we go and helps us best serve our members. When our least tech-savvy employees say "We love Breeze and how easy it is to navigate!" you know it's good! Furthermore, the price is incredible, and the customer service is above all the competition.

Cons

So far...NO CONS. We can't wait to see the new features they roll out in the future!

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

ParishSoft was a cumbersome program that always had issues. Their customer service was not meeting our expectations. Their price was based on number of members vs one cost for data. Data is data. It should not cost more if you have 100 to 10000 members. Remember it's all one big excel sheet.

Guadalupe from St. Luke the Evangelist

Breeze is a Blessing!

We are now able to combine many of the features that we were having to use different programs (church management system, online giving system, payment feature/text to pay, Survey Monkey, Signup Genius, etc.) to get the same output with just using Breeze.

Pros

We love the fact that our database and online giving are now one in the same system! There were some hiccups with the conversion but that was due to our old system being inadequate and the data itself being outdated. The system is very easy to use and very user friendly!

Cons

We have found some features that we would like to have in the system or some features that are not quite up to where we would like them to be. However, this is only because Breeze has enable us to encompass so many of our other systems/programs that just did that one thing. Their support team are ALWAYS ready and willing to expand Breeze's capabilities, which we find refreshing and exciting.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Breeze was chosen because we felt that the product was user friendly both for our users (clients/parishioners) and for staff. The price, you cannot beat the price! It took us a while to make the decision because we were afraid that it was too good to be true. We are so pleased we made the switch to Breeze and never looked back!

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

We were frustrated with the issues we were having with two of our systems, church management & online giving. We were very happy to find Breeze and feel confident that we will not have to go searching for another system.

Lorice from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church

Love it!

Exceptional. I recommend!

Pros

It is SO easy to use. First of all they imported all my information for me. It is easy to look up information, run reports and I can tailor it to fit the needs of my organization. In the past we used church windows which was difficult to use and cumbersome. Breeze is so much better. The help section is well written and easy to understand. They truly want to help us succeed and do well. The emails I receive are helpful too. I just can't say enough good things about Breeze.

Cons

It would be nice to have a financial piece of the software that would integrate.

Servant Keeper

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Church windows was hard to use and cumbersome. Just horrible.

Sandy from Peace Lutheran Church

Great System for a Great Price

They are always helpful, well trained and respond quickly. They are also very receptive to changes and suggestions.

Pros

We really love this system. It is great for tracking and communicating. It is such a robust system for the price. When we researched systems, other databases with all these options were considerably more expense. They are always rolling out new updates which shows us how much they care about our input and the work they are doing.

Cons

The email system, forms and reports all work but could use updates to fix some glitches and have more options available. Even with these though, we are very pleased with the system.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

We chose Breeze because of all the options available for such a great price.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Church Windows was cumbersome to use and required an up-charge for additional tools or didn't offer them at all.

Timothy from Rope Factory Church

I love Breeze!

This is the first church management my new church has adopted. So we started from scratch. It has worked really well. Breeze works simply and easily to manage a small database, organise teams, organise events, send out communications. These are the nuts and bolts I need it to do - and it does them brilliantly. I don't need a complex system that tries to do too much in a rigid way, so that only a trained experts can master it. I have found the software simpler, more intuitive to use, cheaper and more useful than Elvanto (now Tithely) and Church Community Builder - both of which I used in my old job.

Pros

Its very intuitive to use. It does exactly what I need it to do, simply. It's a breeze....truly. The volunteer invitation/RSVP/reminder system (via text or email) is SO good, and very simple to use. Massive timesaver. The texting system just works - so simple (no need to have an SMS account with a third party), and they are very inexpensive to use - even when sending out bulk texts. Its very good value. For a lone pastor, running a smallish church, who is not an IT expert - this system has been a total blessing. It does not have a name that suggests its main aim is to make people give money to the church (like Tithely).

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like about it!

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Because Breeze automatically gave you SMS functionality. Because it seemed simpler to use. Because it does not have a name that implies its main aim is to get money from your congregation. Because it was a bit cheaper.

Trinette from Cutco Corp / Bethel Lutheran Church

Breeze makes it a breeze

Our overall experience has been awesome! Not only are we getting a financial software that has mobility but we are getting a place to keep information about our congregation as well as Events. We can't wait to start using Online contributions so that our loved ones that live away will be able to easily contribute to the church they grew up in. Looking forward to what's next. Keep it coming!

Pros

The thing i like the most about Breeze is the mobility and flexibility of it. I can use it from a browser at work or at church, my cellphone or an ipad and I love that. I used to be tied to one laptop at my home. Breeze makes it easier to do my job! Another great thing I was able to do.....i mistakenly entered our general offering into a fund called general fund (for the entire year mind you). With the click of a button, i could transfer all of those transactions into the correct fund. Awesome time saver! The information that you can track on the people is pretty awesome too. We never had any information in our financial program other than names and households - so with Breeze - we are able to start utilizing some of the tools and becoming more efficient and we Thank you!! And your support has been amazing! I work in computer support at the server level in my everyday job - so i work with vendor software support often and it's a pleasure to call you when i need assistance! Keep doing what you do! We are a very small church but really enjoy using Breeze. We haven't started using the online contributions yet....and are just starting to use the Events and we are loving it so far! Keep up the great work! Thanks for providing us such an awesome tool! God Bless!

Cons

If I had to choose one thing - it might be the dashboard could use smaller icons and more links. But.....there really isn't anything so far.

Mindy from Shiloh Community Church

It's a Breeze!

Breeze seemed to good to be true. But let me tell you it is one of the best decision we've made. The sales people/technicians are so easy to work with and are extremely helpful. Transferring our data from our previous software to Breeze was done so easily and quickly and everything transferred without issues. The multiple calendars are so helpful. The registrations are easy to set up and are very user friendly. Setting up giving was a Breeze. I can not say enough about this software platform. I'm so glad we made the switch.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. Everything makes sense and is very user friendly. If I do have a question that I need to reach out to a technician, I usually get a response very quickly.

Cons

Seriously, so far I have not found anything I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

I literally created a spreadsheet and compared everything from the different options. Breeze was by far the best option for the price and everything that is provided! The bonus is Breeze is so easy to use!

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

The primary reason was cost. It was hard to believe that we could get a software program that pretty much had everything we need and was easy to use for the cost of Breeze. When I researched it seemed to good to be true. I even reached out to a couple other churches who were using Breeze. It definitely has exceeded my expectations.

Ellen from Grace Church - Fayetteville

Breeze is the answer to opening communication with our membership and staff, and so much more!

Breeze has opened the communication highway for our congregation and staff, with very little training. Breeze Help response and quality is available for all users and answers most of their questions without having to contact me (Data Coordinator). Because members can update their own records and search easily for other members - and map their locations, send emails and text right from Breeze, they love it and our data is more real-time accurate. Our ministries are stronger, because they can trust the data in Breeze, which is easily accessed anywhere, anytime.

Pros

Breeze is very easy. Very little training is needed for staff. Members are currently using it for communication with each other and registering for calendar events easily. They will be continue to use more of Breeze's capabilities. Breeze continues to update the software automatically, for free with no down time. Help documentation is extremely helpful, many times with short videos, which are so helpful! Help documents are easy to email to users if needed. They really like this. Documentation is continually updated with new features. About 1/2 our congregation of 300 are using Breeze. Very few of these have had questions about usage. It is USER FRIENDLY.

Cons

I know Breeze is constantly working on user wishes. My major wish would be an easy way to visualize security Roles for comparison, updating and accuracy.

Andy from Community Baptist

Great church software

Breeze is a great church software and I highly recommend it. As a goal of going as paperless as possible, Breeze has helped us greatly. The software is easy to learn and use, if you have questions the customer support is fast and very helpful. We use Breeze to keep track of visitors, record attendance, sign-ups for activities, record contributions, schedule workers, etc. The only negative is I wish the email reminders for workers had a different format, maybe a calendar view but it still works great as is. Overall I highly recommend Breeze.

Pros

Unlimited people storage Ease of use Low cost Great forms Easy to record attendance

Cons

Worker schedule email reminders need a calendar view or better format

Cost and ease use

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Our previous software was hard to learn and use.

Beth from Fellowship Bible Church

Breeze just works

I'd have to say it's been great. No question has gone unanswered, and although they haven't always been able to give me what I want right then and there, they always hear me and always try to help give me a me workaround for any functionality I'm looking for that they haven't yet developed. I've also seen some updates come out that have given me the functionality I'd previously asked for, so I know they are taking note of my observations and acting on them when they can.

Pros

It's really functional - a lot of my data entry has been automated, which is really nice. It's pretty easy to use for me (I'm not a techy person - although I have plenty of computer experience, it just doesn't come naturally to me). They are right on the ball when I need help, and they are always enhancing and updating and adding to the program's functionality.

Cons

There are a couple of processes I use often that I feel could be streamlined. It would be hard for me to clearly explain them here, but one is in regard to generating the contribution statements, and the other has to do with having to click "save" several different times while entering a new person into the database - I think it should save automatically as I enter the data rather than having to remember to scroll back up to the top of a section and save it before moving on to the next section as I'm entering their data.

Susanna from Parkside Church

Love Breeze!

Pros

Breeze is well...a breeze! It's simple to use, and can be customized to fit the needs of your congregation. I love the simplicity of creating forms and collecting payment for events. Breeze is consistently adding to their product, and they do a good job of informing you and supporting you. Transition from the previous management system went seamlessly.

Cons

Check-in for events can be slow at times. I believe wireless printing is now available for name tags, but that still seems to be a work in progress.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Elexio was more expense and difficult to navigate.

Maria from First Presbyterian Church of Lake Wales, FL

Great product at a great price and you just can't beat their customer service!

Price is great. Easy to use and manipulate the data. Support can't be beat. It is an all-around great product.

Pros

Breeze is so very easy to learn and use. One is up and running quickly. Our members just love the phone app and staff is thrilled with how easy it is to use and the reports we can get. Check-in is so much easier now - no more fighting with our prior program. Volunteer reminders are a snap and so helpful. Breeze is customizable for fields specific to individual churches and all the data is easily accessible. Plus, you can't beat their customer support if you do have a question - many times they send a quick video of how to do it using your own data! They are so patient and no question is a "dumb" question. They transferred our data over from our prior company and stuck with us when some data didn't come over. They worked with it until we got it all from the prior company - and at no charge. The price is great, too. I also really appreciate the newsy emails we receive with helpful hints about Breeze or ministry in general. Compared to other programs, it really is a Breeze. Love, love, love Breeze!

Cons

There are a couple of really minor things I wish we had that were in a prior program (such as a copy button to copy name and address to the clipboard to use in other programs), but that is sooo minor compared to what it offers.

Norm from First Baptist New Braunfels

Breeze ChMS can't be beat - Especially for small churches

Overall, it was a relatively easy transition from Shelby V5. My ministry assistant has become somewhat of a Breeze guru.

Pros

The price is unbelievable. Breeze may not have all the features of the big dogs, but it can hold its own with the key features that small churches will need.

Cons

It does have it's feature limitations, so we often submit feature requests, and they are very responsive, but must prioritize the requests that come in to them. And our don't always get addressed promptly.

Monthly expense.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Shelby V5 was being retired, and we liked what we saw for the price.

Shawn from Calvary's Love

Simply Amazing

The ability to train volunteers in a short amount of time has been incredibly valuable. This time savings is hard to calculate, but certainly a felt win for our team. This company understands churches and our goals, and has created a tailor made product for them.

Pros

Breeze takes complicated database nomenclature and structure and presents it in a intuitive and easy to use platform. It is easy to train volunteers on, even "non-tech" individuals. The platform has grown continually in function and ease of use, and all without increasing the price. It blends well with other platforms, the api is available and we have used it in several ways to make our ministry much more efficiant. To name a few, our event sign up through our website, our book keeping through Quickbooks, and several others.

Cons

I have had no issues with the software. If there is something that is missing for you, start a conversation with the team and they will HEAR you! Our experience has been that when we bring up functions that we are looking for or a problem we are trying to solve, they have been extremely responsive.

Michael from Renovation Church

Best Church Management Software Out There

1. We have an integrated calendar process that people at our church can automatically have specific types of events added to their calendar. 2. We have a clear & concise process for leaders to communicate with their teams through tags. 3. We everything seamlessly streamlined into one place for all things church management, including events, team communication & scheduling as well as financial contributions.

Pros

Simplicity [ease of use] without compromising functionality. This is proven over and over by the ability of all of our volunteer ministry leaders & coordinators to jump into the system and use it to schedule events & communicate with their teams through tags. Every time a new leader is trained on it, the learning curve is almost non-existent. It's not overly complicated, yet it is robust enough to do everything you'd want it to. I've never once thought, "Man, I wish I could do _________ with this."

Cons

Using the mobile app has some limitations, specifically with writing emails [in my experience anyway]. It's slightly glitchy and at difficult to go back and highlight sections of an email to make changes.

Jane from St. Paul Lutheran Church & Preschool

We love Breeze!

Breeze is very user friendly and they are very responsive to any issues or help we need. The tutorials are terrific too!

Pros

The product is easy to use and helps us organize our ministry and outreach.

Cons

I would recommend learning all you can before migrating over. We had it just dumped in from our old system and have spent the year cleaning it up and reorganizing.

Reasons for Choosing Breeze

Reviews and price were a big deciding factor. We liked that we are not charged by each person but a set monthly fee. This way we can add church visitors and not have to pay for a one time visitor.

Reasons for Switching to Breeze

Logos went out of business. We were forced to change but really like Breeze much better than our old database system.

May 2016

Mark from Cornerstone Community Church

May 2016

Breeze Makes DataBase Management FUN!

So we recently transferred from I'm just gonna say it PowerChurch (sorry guys you refuse to adapt to modern software engineering) and I was incredibly frustrated with its cumbersome arduous system I started researching databases. Breeze was constantly in the top 5 lists so we tried the Demo. WOW!!! From the very beginning I was blown away by how easy it was to understand and intuitive and simple it was to learn. The assumption I then made was well it must not be very powerful -- WRONG! Dead wrong in fact. So let me say we are a small church 265 staff - 1 pastor, 1 PT secretary (I know we are looking to add another pastor). I am not a Computer tech guy, I'm a mac user - love the mac. Not an Apple snob just prefer simple intuitive reliable systems and software. Church is PC based and almost everyone in church are PC users. We absolutely LOVE BREEZE. Honestly the hardest part about switching to Breeze for us has been adapting to a software system that is intuitive and is designed to anticipate our needs and our way of thinking. What I mean by that is BREEZE is user friendly and organized the way regular people think NOT the way an Engineer thinks; which was what our old system made us do. Learn it's software's logic and language in order to get what we wanted. BLEECHHK! The beginning - IMPORT data from a .CSV file from old system and BAM! We were up and Running. Instantly, simple and easy to navigate interface. Searches are clean and easy to organize with a array of detailed filters. Tutorials are easy to access and very helpful. Customer support - Responsive and timely! - We had started in February and we were entering attendance through the events page. Unbeknownst to us we were creating individual events and so our attendance records were not connected. Therefore every Sunday we had 150 1st time attenders. EEK not good. Customer Support synched up our entire month of February overnight! HUGE CUDO'S! Literally every time we use Breeze or we learn something new my secretary and I we laugh out loud because it is so Easy and Powerful. Cons - I guess there are some. If you are a computer programer/engineer that thrives on arduous logic systems and secretly wish all software systems were like they were in the 90's #.exe - Then Yeah this system is not for you. I could go on but I have a sermon to write, it is what the name claims to be A BREEZE! Get it - it'll make you smile every time you use it. #happypastor

Bruce from Orland Park Christian Reformed Church

Intuitive Ease of Use, with Powerful Features & Functionality

We recently introduced the Breeze Church Management System at the Orland Park Church in January, 2019 after an extended period of orientation and testing by our migration team. Our church membership is now staying connected in a new and simple way, either from a browser session or from the Breeze mobile app. We're able to access an online church directory using the Breeze "People" module. We're staying in touch with current church calendar activities using the Breeze "Events" module. We're also enjoying ease of access to personal financial giving history using the Breeze My Profile "Giving" module. Breeze offers much more than the features we have rolled out in Phase 1. We're looking forward to implementing additional Breeze functionality at Orland Park Church throughout 2019. Access to important Orland Park Church membership information has never been easier.

Pros

"Ease of Use" tops the list of Pros. Our church members are easily staying connected to others and the exciting happenings at the Orland Park Church, either from a browser or from the Breeze mobile app. Best Support Anywhere. The Support Team at Breeze is the best I've experienced. Each support team member has exceptional knowledge of the product, and also administers Breeze at their own church. Their ability to follow-up on tech support calls with helpful links, video's, and additional info is exceptional.

Cons

No Cons, We like everything that Breeze has to offer. An extremely well developed and well thought-out product.