All Breeze ChMS Reviews

Cher

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2021

Easy to use -- Makes my job so much easier!

Tim

Reviewed February 2019

Long time user of Breeze and still love it after all these years!

I began using Breeze while it was still in early development six or seven years ago. What impressed me most at the time was how quickly the owner/developer of Breeze would respond to questions and fix any bugs that we encountered. As Breeze has grown over the years, I wondered if that kind of immediate support would diminish. I am happy to report that Breeze Customer support is one of the best of any software I've ever used. They are fast, courteous, and they know their stuff!

PROS

Simple enough that church staff, volunteers, and members actually USE the software, powerful enough that it has transformed our ability to communicate with and access data for our members.

CONS

I wish there were easier ways to navigate to reporting features. Breeze has surprisingly powerful reporting capabilities, but they aren't always easy to find.

Nathan

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Breeze

Excellent.

PROS

While we like and use many features in Breeze, the feature we needed most and rely on regularly is the child check in feature. It is easy for our workers to setup events, print labels, and take attendance.

CONS

The worst part about our experience with breeze is the user permissions. When new objects are created (like forms), default permissions are not assigned. So, every time a new form is created, the creator is not able to see it. I can fix quickly by adjusting permissions, but it is tedious to have to do this every time. Breeze support has confirmed this is s bug a couple of years ago, but still no fix. Our solution had been to open all forms up to all of our employees. So the user permissions in this context are unusable because they do not work.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

It was cheaper, and more intuitive to use. Also, Breeze offered a free service of importing our records.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Breeze was incredibly cheaper. ACS was much more difficult to use.

Lindsi

Reviewed November 2022

Not the Breeze marketing makes it out to be

Not good. Breeze has great marketing, they make it out to be this great program, that it is not. It is very basic, not a lot of bells and whistles. If you are looking for just a database for your people w/ a directory, it's fine and a good value. It has a few perks to that and a bonus volunteer scheduling system. But there are far better systems out there that help to really run a church well, Breeze does not. Customer service isn't very knowledgeable (though friendly). Even after their big upgrade, it's still extremely slow and frustrating to use. Breeze is inexpensive and it shows. Breeze fees are average for CC and ACH giving. However, with a church that has about 250k coming in through CC and ACH, we saved more than enough money in giving fees to pay for switching to a better, more expensive system.

PROS

Not a fan of Breeze on any level. Nothing I can say I really liked "most" as we just don't like the system.

CONS

Slow!! Even after their recent big upgrades to help with speeds. Keeps changing where things are found. Our congregation did not find it easy to use like they market it to be. Lots of complains about that, things don't make sense where they are located or how they work. Poorly designed, non-customizable app.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

Was not a part of that decision, but from the snip-its I've heard, I believe they were looking for something low cost and easy to use. Cost is low, it shows in the technology, power and speed. Considering we had never had a ChMS at the time, it did it's job, it got people to get use to it in our church for little monthy commitment. It is not a good enough system for a midsize church (300 weekly attendance). For ease of use, it's no more or less user friendly than the other options I've played with.

Hi Lindsi. We're disappointed to hear that Breeze has not served your church as well as we strive for it to. Our heart is truly to make the world's easiest church management software to serve churches like Heritage Bible Chapel exceptionally well. We're surprised to hear that Breeze is not running faster for you since our server migration. Since the move, Breeze's page load time is now 7x faster than it used to be. We've had a lot of long-time customers write in to say they've never seen Breeze run so fast! Our team would be happy to look and see if there is anything we can do to help. Just reach out to us at support@breezechms.com. We're here to serve you and Heritage Bible Chapel. Blessings!

Replied November 2022

Maria

Reviewed November 2023

It is a nice, easy program but customer support takes a lot longer than it used to.

We've used Breeze for years. I love the program but am so very sad to see the changes in the support offered.

PROS

Breeze is a much simpler program to use than a prior program we had. I used to recommend it to all the churches who asked what we used.

CONS

Before it was bought out, one could call and speak with a support person the same day, sometimes within the same hour. Today I went for tech support, but now one has to make an appointment online and the first (15-minute) one available is in six days! (You have to choose 15- or 30-minutes.) So, I sent an email and have no idea as to how long it will take to get a response. It still is a really good program, and I would love to sing its praises again, but if you need support - don't hold your breath if you want to speak with a live person. Hopefully, this is a growing pain which will be resolved. Also, I didn't appreciate it going from $50 per month to $72 in just a few months.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Too hard to use - the folks here refused to use it. Plus, very expensive.

Hey Maria, Kris here,Thank you for your review and I’m glad to read that Breeze is serving your needs in a much simpler way than your previous software.I am sorry to hear of your negative experience with our Support team though- and I would love to help speak to that situation.Our team does provide multiple routes of contacting(email, chat, scheduled meetings, etc)and recently we have experienced delays in scheduled meetings pushing them out longer than desired.I am happy to report to you that our email/chat time over the last 30 days is under 2 hours which is pretty darn fast.We’re also always happy to reach out and give you a call if you need it.Our scheduled meeting option is great for those who need a dedicated time on their calendar to speak to our team,but if you have more flexibility I’d suggest the chat or email methods and ask for someone to give you a call!I’d be happy to discuss in more detail if you’d like Maria,feel free to reach out at support@breezechms.com,ask for Kris.

Replied December 2023

Reviewed June 2022

Breeze is a Breeze and the best bang for your buck!

I have loved using Breeze! It is very intuitive to use, easy to customize, and an incredibly good value for the cost. Prior to Breeze we were paying literally 8 times more for a church management system that was INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to use and charged different rates for different levels of functionality. Breeze is one low price, comes with friendly customer service, and works really well. We have used it for several years and I am still happy with it and sing its praises!

PROS

What I like most about Breeze is how easy it is to sort data and then run very specific, targeted reports. We used to use another popular church management software that literally cost 8 times as much and was incredibly difficult to use; you had to take classes with the company to learn it. Breeze is not like that at all. It is very intuitive and customizable.

CONS

Breeze uses a tag system to help you organize groups in the system (e.g. If you have a Sunday School class and you want to keep track of who all is in it, you create a specific tag for the class and then tag all of the profiles of the people who are in that class). The one thing I wish you could do for each class or tag group you create would be some way to mark in the tag listing who the leader(s) are for the group (perhaps like a "sub-tag"). Currently, if you want to keep track of who a group leader is for a given tag, the work around is to include the actual leader's name in the tag name itself (e.g. "Adult Sunday School-Jane Doe's Group"). Also, as far as a I know, there is no way to set it up to where members of a tagged group can email or contact each other through Breeze without being able to see all of the other tag possibilities in the system, which is a big liability. Currently, the only people who can access and see tags in our system are staff members, since we do not want all of our members to have access to all of the possible tags we've created.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

We were paying hundreds of dollars to have ACS and on the ministry side of its information, we were barely using it, because it was incredibly difficult to sort info and run reports. Basically, to run basic reports on ACS, you had to have classroom-level training to do so.

Tommy-Lee

Reviewed June 2020

I will never go back to another church management software

In my ministry, it is vital to have access to contact information and to know who has and who hasn't been attending so that we can follow up with them. Breeze makes this, literally, a breeze!

PROS

-Easily look up church attenders by a variety of search fields (including age, grade, membership status, etc.). -Easily take attendance for events and check-in children with the check-in system. -Quickly create a report to show who has or who hasn't attended in a specified period of time (great for follow up! -Not overly cumbersome. Other softwares that I have looked at are less user friendly and harder to learn. This one gives us all the features of the other ones without the learning curve. -Integrates with MailChimp -Easily download lists of each tagged group with contact info and more. -The price is amazing. We were paying exponentially more on another church management system and getting much less out of it than we are with Breeze.

CONS

-Since it is web based, the load times can take a little longer than I'd like (but I'm talking extra seconds, not minutes). -I've had an issue when trying to change the time of a recurring event--for some reason it only changes one specific instance instead of all of them, but that could be user error.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

Breeze was much easier to figure out from the get-go and much more intuitive and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

ACS was very cumbersome and expensive.

Meghan

Reviewed March 2020

You can't lose!

I love this product. As I've said before I've installed and used it at a church previously and sold two other churches on it - no Breeze isn't paying me to say this! Perhaps one of the main reasons I DO love it is that it is one of the only businesses out there staying true to its promises, even as it grows. I trust them and I trust their product. They've also managed the evolution well, without adding more bells and whistles than they can support from the back end. You really can't lose giving it a try. Easy Breezy (I know that's corny, but really!)

PROS

EXTREMELY user-friendly on both the admin side and the user side. The flexibility affords those using it to obtain and use only the information that is specific to the way they are doing business and the needs they have for collecting data or serving a community. The support is "always on" from a rich bank of videos and blogs to fast and friendly phone support. Becasue there is no start up fee and Breeze will even cut your install time to really nothing giving this a try is a wi- win!N

CONS

I've used Breeze for two different orgs now - both churches. I'm about to consult on a third and we have doubts about it being able to transfer the immense amount of education dense/event registration info from Fellowship One - a possible "con." A second missing option is end user's capability to determine how much info is shared in the online directory. This is only determined by admin via tags and not flexible for the individual. Some families with children may not want to share their street address while others might, birthdays, etc. Right now it's either visible to all or not.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Fellowship One - Tooo Bulky and getting more expensive by the minute! Too many third party vendors to make it workable. Servant Keeper - Too clunky and complicated for smaller orgs. Aplos - Clearly NOT a customer management software - only donations and even there it is complicated

Candy

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Breeze chms is the way to go

It's been great to also have a phone/ipad app to use, which I use all the time. Breeze chms is easy to learn and use.

PROS

Working in Children's Ministry we needed an affordable & reliable way to check-in our children. Our main church software program was not user friendly and to get the check-in portion added was ridiculously expensive, so I began researching for our church something that we could use in Children's Ministry but, would serve our overall church staff as well. We began with Breeze near their beginning and I'm been very pleased to have seen it grow to add more and more to help churches like us. We are very pleased and happy with Breeze CHMS and I would & have recommended it to others.

CONS

In the beginning it was the customer service and the ability to get a quick answer but, they have made vast improvements and there is no problem now.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

Had what I was looking for, along with the overall cost on our budget

expenses & ease of use

Thanks for your review, Candy! Blessings to you and your church.

Replied February 2020

Breeze is a Church Database Game Changer

So far, I absolutely love Breeze! I cannot overstate how much nicer and easier it is to use than our old database. Breeze is intuitive to use, you can easily customize its data fields, sort data easily, etc. and they have really good customer service. Every time I have called, people have been friendly and have worked quickly to get the answers that we needed. During our set up process and with some questions after they, they have responded very quickly. I am very happy that we have made the switch and only regret that we did not do so sooner.

PROS

Breeze is easily customizable and intuitive to use. The previous database we used literally required hours-long training classes to learn how to use. This is not the case with Breeze.

CONS

We are new users to Breeze, so we have not experienced a lot of hiccups yet. The only thing it does not have is a financial accounting piece. You can track pledges and giving with it, which is nice, but you ultimately still need to use something like Quickbooks to manage the money side of things. For us institutionally, that is actually fine.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

From looking at demos, even though Realm products by ACS looked like a vast improvement over their general ACS stuff, it still was not as easily customizable as Breeze. And Breeze has a price point that is pretty unbeatable. It is literally several thousand dollars cheaper a year and easier to use than the ACS products.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

ACS was not intuitive to use and very difficult to use. Running some basic reports often required phone calls to them to figure out how to even do. Also, logging into the ACS app on my computer would take several minutes to even do, just to change someone's contact info or to look up a phone number. And it literally cost something like 10 times more than Breeze.

Jodi

Reviewed December 2019

Love it!

We didn't really have a systemized and affordable way to manage our year-round, summer, and winter community membership that empowered involvement, tracked complicated giving, and provided ways to keep information up-to-date. Breeze was the one stop management software we needed!

PROS

Easy interface, up-to-date and instant access to member data, volunteer management, contribution tracking, and online giving. It's worth it's weight in gold for our small parish. I'm a busy clergy person and my parishioners change their info frequently, so this type of management software that is easy to use, is critical to our capacity to keep things afloat. This is the second church I've used it at and will take it with me everywhere, big and small!!!

CONS

Some of the beta versions were clunky and confusing, but the team was always VERY helpful in navigating. The tutorial videos made it easy to implement.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

Price, userability, cloud-based, volunteer management, online giving, contribution management.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

It's easy interface, price point, and cloud-based function.

Justin

Reviewed February 2020

Breeze CHMS is a BREEZE!

Better serving our members. Easier access with customizable options. Excellent customer service that answers when you call.

PROS

Breeze CHMS makes data management user-friendly and a joy to work with. Their cloud-based platform allows access wherever we go and helps us best serve our members. When our least tech-savvy employees say "We love Breeze and how easy it is to navigate!" you know it's good! Furthermore, the price is incredible, and the customer service is above all the competition.

CONS

So far...NO CONS. We can't wait to see the new features they roll out in the future!

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

ParishSoft was a cumbersome program that always had issues. Their customer service was not meeting our expectations. Their price was based on number of members vs one cost for data. Data is data. It should not cost more if you have 100 to 10000 members. Remember it's all one big excel sheet.

Lorice

Reviewed June 2020

Love it!

Exceptional. I recommend!

PROS

It is SO easy to use. First of all they imported all my information for me. It is easy to look up information, run reports and I can tailor it to fit the needs of my organization. In the past we used church windows which was difficult to use and cumbersome. Breeze is so much better. The help section is well written and easy to understand. They truly want to help us succeed and do well. The emails I receive are helpful too. I just can't say enough good things about Breeze.

CONS

It would be nice to have a financial piece of the software that would integrate.

Servant Keeper

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Church windows was hard to use and cumbersome. Just horrible.

Reviewed November 2022

Breeze is the best CHMS out there!

Breeze has helped our church better manage communications (text and email) manage volunteers, keep track of donations and operate child check in all for a low affordable price. Breeze is the best!!

PROS

Breeze is supper affordable at just $67/month. We love the ability to easily manage our congregation info and their suite of products is all inclusive. They offer forms, donation management, child check in, online giving and group management all for one price. Every other solution offers these individually and for a high price, and none of them are quite as easy to use.

CONS

The only negative of this software is that it does not allow members to log in create an account and update their information automatically. It all has to be done manually.

Reason for choosing Breeze ChMS

Breeze offers all the products we needed all for a one price and it’s affordable. Yet it’s affordability doesn’t sacrifice it’s quality. It does everything and it does them well!

Susanna

Love Breeze!

PROS

Breeze is well...a breeze! It's simple to use, and can be customized to fit the needs of your congregation. I love the simplicity of creating forms and collecting payment for events. Breeze is consistently adding to their product, and they do a good job of informing you and supporting you. Transition from the previous management system went seamlessly.

CONS

Check-in for events can be slow at times. I believe wireless printing is now available for name tags, but that still seems to be a work in progress.

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Elexio was more expense and difficult to navigate.

Julie

Reviewed September 2019

Best Tech Support

We use the database to track our church membership, and it's great. We use a separate Visitor Management System and would like to integrate both into Breeze, but the additional charge is holding us back. So far, though, everything that we DO use Breeze for is seamless. We love Breeze and would use more of their functions if the cost weren't so high. Excellent tech support!

PROS

Breeze is so intuitive that I rarely need help, but when I do, their tech support team is not only incredibly knoweldgeable, but they are also so friendly and easy to work with. They always follow-up their phone calls with an email containing additional information that might help with whatever the problem is. There hasn't been a single time that the tech support team has disappointed us! :)

CONS

I wish it had more colors on the interface. I think the blue and gray is rather boring.

Thanks for the kind words! I would agree (although I may be biased :) our support staff is the best! The majority of us have worked in ministry and understand the administrative obstacles that cause frustration. We approach every call with a servant-minded core value and love what we do. You mentioned using a separate Visitor Management System, I'd love more info. With no limit on the number of people in Breeze, my first thought is to create an additional Status choice of "Visitor" and use Breeze to track those important contacts. I realize I may be simplifying your need, but curious to see if we can help. Additionally, you mention additional costs prohibiting you from using features within Breeze. With our $50 per month simple pricing, one price - all features, I'm hoping I can also offer clarification here as well. Please email me directly julie@breezechms.com, I'd love to chat and be sure we're serving you the best we can.

Replied September 2019

Carly

Reviewed November 2021

User-Friendliest Interface

Our previous ChMS was so difficult and confusing to use. I couldn't even figure out how to send quarterly statements to more than 50 people. Also, our previous database did not offer free or unlimited customer support, which seems insane in 2021. I was really nervous to manually transfer the data from our old system to our new, but the help articles on Breeze's website were so thorough and comprehensive that I managed to do the export/import on my own. Not that it would have even mattered because they don't charge for that either! I mean! What a dream! I've only been using the system for about a month now, so there remain a lot of things that I need to learn about and put to use, but I'd recommend this product to anyone who needs to manage a church.

PROS

Using Breeze is just what they want it to be - a total breeze. Everything about the platform is about as user friendly as it gets. There's no getting lost in the product, or confusion about how a feature works because it's so intuitive as well. I've used a lot of platforms that are more akin to tough-to-query databases, but Breeze takes all of that confusion and frustration and... sends it off in the breeze.

CONS

The only thing that I don't love about Breeze is that it does seem to be user friendly for the computer literate. Personally, I'm a millennial. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous to unveil the member portal to our predominantly retired congregation. I'll come back and let you know how it goes once I tell them about it.

Price

Reasons for switching to Breeze ChMS

Ease of use, technical support

Gay