• icon"Their 'Lead' app is awesome, extremely user friendly and packed with valuable features."
  • icon"Church Community Builder is an amazing product for any Church that wants to plan for the future and help support their congregation in the best way possible."
  • icon"Most of the screens are intuitive. You can always search for an answer or submit a request for help - Support is always helpful."
  • icon"There's no option to white-label the software so as to not distract from your local community."
  • icon"No CCLI integration in the scheduling and service planning tool."
  • icon"Probably the most disappointing about CCB is that they offer limited two way integration with merchant providers."

All ChMS Reviews

Terri

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Church Community Builder

Comprehensive and Contemporary

Very good experience. We have been blessed by their software. It helps us in guest follow up. We have benefited from the forms and website integration as well as the LEAD app. Customer service has always been good at follow up. The technical training videos and help sheets on their help site have been very helpful.

Pros

Here is a list of the pros: 1. The software is robust. It is comprehensive in its data search and storage capabilities. 2. The software is evolving. CCB is constantly updating and improving upon the software and app. 3. There is an app that allows us to search our congregant information and follow up on processes. 4. The software was transformational to our assimilation guest ministry process. Not only did they send me a +1 gift for checking out the software, but that book, Fusion by Nelson Searcy changed our church's guest ministry process. It fits perfectly with what CCB offers in terms of process queues and data functionality. 5. We can do forms right in the software that we can upload to our website. This allows guests, members, regular attenders to complete signups, ministry applications, and registrations without ever having to write on a piece of paper. Follow up is very simple. 6. Customer service is excellent. There are a number of technical sheets and training videos on their help site. Very good.

Cons

Here are some of the cons: 1. The software is so robust you almost need a dedicated position to create calendars, forms, searches, processes, keep the database clean (people who leave, etc...), and train people on how to use it. 2. The software does not do schedules like Planning Center does (not as user friendly and it doesn't connect with Songselect). Honestly, it seems like Planning Center and CCB are competing. While Planning Center does schedules better, CCB does everything else better (my opinion). Our church uses both. We would switch from Planning Center if CCB did schedules better. 3. The checkin portion of CCB, while easy to use, especially with the app, is not as easy to setup. For example, we use both ipads and Citizen Bluetooth printers as well as PCs and Zebra USB printers. They each have different challenges and can be technical to set up. 4. I wish there was a way to integrate our church app with CCB. We would like to do geofence checkin and mobile bar code checkin.

Jim

The Industry Standard for Web Based Church Administration

Church Community Builder allows me to keep track of everything that I need to keep track of in one place. It allows the church to empower each ministry to easily do the administration that's required.

Pros

Church Community Builder is the leader and industry standard for web-based church administration. The software is intuitive and easy to use. I have implemented the software at two churches in which I have worked and helped others get the most out of their subscription. What I like most about the software is that it is comprehensive. I've seen too many churches build separate and unconnected systems for children's check-in, group sign ups, payments for events and donor records. When these systems don't "speak" to one another, it creates more confusion and work for the church staff. The goal of church administration is to remove the burden of administration away from the ministry team. They typically excel at being with people and doing the work of the ministry. However, many struggle with administration basics such as keeping track of groups, communication, attendance data, etc. Church community builder allows our staff to be "efficient with things, so we can be effective with people". Everyone benefits from a centralized system - whether you log in daily or rarely. We always know where we can find the information we need. Saving time makes the churches dollars go farther.

Cons

The mobile computing revolution took place since CCB launches their 2.0 platform. Getting the software to work and interact well with mobile devices has been a slow process, but I'm happy to see the progress that's been made with the Lead App.

Charles

Backbone of our Data Management and Communication

Before we went with CCB, we had another Church Management Software System that was extremely popular. One day our man computer died that had the ChMS on it and we were unable to professionally retrieve the data that we had put in it for 20 years. Plus the backup for that ChMS had mistakenly been backing up the wrong file off site. So we lost everything. We went with Church Community Builder because it was cloud based and could be used on any system or smart phone connected to the internet and no chance of loss of data. We got SO MUCH MORE than we had planned. CCB is so robust and they are working daily making it even more robust and user friendly. Their customer support is second to none. It is very personal and they work until you are completely satisfied and understand what is happening. CCB has not become interwoven in every area of our church and being used by all the different ministries for scheduling volunteers, by al the small groups for communication and planning, for our families with children to check in both in the nursery and children's ministry, and by the church staff to not only record all the financial and member data, but to use it to make unlimited reports and planning ideas. It has become our communication hub of the church. Our members love being able to log on and control their own data, download financial information, look at the calendar, connect with other members and groups, and be informed about life at the church. This has been a win!

Pros

CCB ties everything we are trying to track, retain, and utilize into one very cohesive product. While there are multiple sections where data points can be collected, you only have to put them in once and they are available throughout the program. Although recording the data is easy, the CCB program helps tremendously to sort and use the data for an unlimited amount of projects and the presentation of the relevant data is very useful. Actually, the CCB Program inspires you with many ways you can use your data that you didn't even think was possible. Plus, it helps us to communicate with all of our attenders in multiple and meaningful ways.

Cons

In the past, the mobile side of the software was lacking in usability. However, CCB has really poured a lot of resources in the mobile side over the past 2 years and now it is very usable and graphic.

Reasons for choosing ChMS

It was more robust and the future of the software looked unlimited. That has proven correct. It was the BEST Choice and affordable.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

Servant Keeper was not very robust plus we lost 20 years of records that where nonrecoverable.

Patricia

Industry: Public Safety

October 2022

Church children's directors steer clear of this software

We have used it for the last seven years. It has been terrible. It continues to be terrible.

Pros

It's hard to find anything about this product that I like.

Cons

No support, they have no support at a minimum three days to four days to get support.

August 2022

Good all-in-one solution ChMS for our church

Using ChMS we are able to manage volunteers, and members, communicate with groups of people, check-in kids, handle giving, and more from a single portal. Overall while we have had issues, it has been the best fit for our church.

Pros

There are some powerful tools built in, and an all-in-one solution means fewer additional vendors to work with. Once trained most staff using the software can navigate the basics and even some advanced features without issue.

Cons

Bugs, they've been many for us in the past two years. I believe that is in part due to the speed at which they are providing new features, but breaking things that have been reliable for years and then taking months to resolve many of the bugs has been painful.

Reasons for choosing ChMS

At the time it fit the most needs in one software.

Tiffanie

May 2022

Choose someone else

Horrible. Customer Service is awful and they are unwilling to work with you. Basically a scam for churches.

Pros

Never even used it. They took forever to set it up so by the time we got to use it and realize we don't like it, it was too late to cancel. They are scamming churches.

Cons

We have had church community builder for almost 2 years. Part of that was the setup time, then we launched... We hated it. It was challenging to use and didn't work for our church. I tried to reach out and figure out what we could do to fix it. They never respond! I have been trying to cancel my services for over a year. As soon as someone responds, they find out what's going on and stop responding. We have never used the software at our church, other than the giving, and we don't want to. I have never had worse customer service in my life. If you are thinking about using this company, don't. Use Breeze or Subsplash or literally anyone else.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

We thought this would be better for our growing church because of all the features they promised. Instead of having a giving platform, messaging, directory, and app separate, it could be all on one site. Nothing works though and they are unhelpful.

Probably a great ChMS 10 years ago

Pros

CCB is a beefy, feature-rich software that allows you to do almost everything that you might want to, from an administrative perspective, for your church.

Cons

The main problem with this software is that while many updates are released, it feels like a software that has been piled up for a long time rather than thoughtfully integrated. As a result even the simplest tasks are often convoluted, taking triple the number of mouse clicks than they should. Just one example: editing profiles is cumbersome, finding information about a person requires multiple clicks through their profile information, and adding people requires a process that is more than simply filling out a simple page (you have to create a person, then find that person again from the list, then click into their profile, click to edit their password, and click "send password reset email" in order for them to receive a welcome email). Their sales page looks fantastic, and the software at least LOOKS good when you log in, but whenever you try to do something basic, while it's definitely possible, the whole time you're trying to do something you're left thinking "should it be this complicated"? Probably our biggest disappointment is that congregational engagement, which was a huge sales point, is virtually nonexistent. Because people cannot find other people and communicate easily (because it is cumbersome) with other people, they never log in to use the software. Even our leaders with full permissions would rather copy/paste email addresses into their own email software and communicate via email (or text message) than use this as a communication tool.

Response from Church Community Builder

Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to help you fully utilize the software and would be happy review your site to see how things are set up; this could be privacy settings causing your experience to be cumbersome. I will reach out to you today via phone. Blessings, Pam

Replied June 2017

Autumn

CCB Saved Our Church!

Love, love, love! seriously, though....Church Community Builder definitely has saved our church. We started as a church plant on a college campus where we were mobile on Sundays and very heavy small group based. CCB allowed us ease of communicating with people and keeping up with visitors and regular attenders alike. We use literally every feature CCB offers that we can afford and it has served us immensely well. Another major bonus is their customer support. They are always improving the software and are very open and willing to listen to ideas of "hey, could the program do this??". Any time we send any suggestion in, we get personal responses and results very quickly. we are VERY pleased with CCB.

Pros

I cannot stress how much we LOVE Church Community Builder!!! It has brought the communication of our church together like nothing else ever could. Mostly, we love the ability for our church members to connect with one another through the groups in CCB and how this allows our leaders to effectively communicate throughout the week.

Cons

The only con I can think of right now is that we're not super excited about the new schedules feature. Taking schedules out of groups is very effective for some areas, but there are teams that we have that need schedules locked within their group and the new way of doing it makes this process more difficult.

Reasons for choosing ChMS

We weren't using other things before using CCB, but we looked into a few other programs to do what CCB has brought to us. WE chose CCB because of their customer service, their incredible sales team and intro calls, and because we thought it would be the best software to grow with our church.

Rebecca

Not the Best - But Inexpensive

Frustration! I did discuss this with my boss, and his response was related to the cost. So, my understanding is that this software is well worth the cost. (I beg to differ sometimes.)

Pros

The best thing about the software at the moment is that there is an app available. The app however, does not do all that I would like for it to do. It does make the most basic items available, but a deeper use is not available. Customer service is phenomenal. They have a beta program that is very responsive and are available is many ways...even through Facebook!

Cons

Customer service is phenomenal, but the problem is that I constantly need help. The software is CONSTANTLY in flux (which is good for those who like seeing how responsive the company is to their requests) but not everyone can be pleased. At some point I would like to see a solid program that is user friendly. Even if I don't like "where they put stuff" I would like to be able to get into a routine. It took me a very long time (3 years) to learn how to perform an in-depth search that would give me the results I actually needed.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

We needed to be able to connect with other software seamlessly and CCB is good at integrating newer technologies.

Steve

Church Community Builder - EXCELLENT for modern churches

Church Community Builder is helping us as pastors to more effectively connect with our congregation throughout the week, and in turn, helping them connect with one another!

Pros

I love how Church Community Builder (CCB) helps me, as a youth pastor, get in touch with the parents of the students in my youth group and communicate information to them easily and effectively! CCB has proven to be an incredibly helpful tool in this way. Also, I greatly appreciate the fact that CCB prioritizes privacy and safety of its users.

Cons

The one thing I disliked about Church Community Builder (CCB) was simply the effort of learning yet another system/program. Also, I currently am not a fan of the fact that I'm (at least at present) not aware of how to attach my formal email signature image to a mass email sent out on my behalf via CCB.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

CCB offered us a plethora of better features than PowerChurch did.

Rosanne

Church Community Builder keeps everything in one place

Being a Finance person - I was disappointed at first. The strengths for this program lend themselves to the end user, as well as the "People" side of the system. Over time I have come to appreciate the strong controls on the giving side. As stated above, if the reports could become standardized - those too would be stronger.

Pros

The main menu is very easy to navigate you to where you need to go. Most of the screens are intuitive. You can always search for an answer or submit a request for help - Support is always helpful.

Cons

Reporting is good, but could be better. Merchant giving needs a bit of manipulation in Excel to build your deposit reports. If the reports could all have a standardization (Family ID & Individual ID) it would take report to the next level. Then you could generate a number of reports and gain all the data manipulation you need.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

Fellowship One was really strong on the Financial side, and lacked the much needed user friendly strength with the end user, the scheduling, promotion, and volunteer modules.

Angela

March 2022

Great Church Database!

Pros

We used to use Shelby to keep track of all our church members, volunteers and even accounting. It wasn't great at all. CCB has been amazing in comparison! Easy to enter new people, update, order background checks, schedule volunteers, create events/classes and track all RSVPs... we've been very happy with CCB!

Cons

Every once in a while, we can't run reports the way we'd like or come across little quirks that we wish were different (of course I can't think of those off hand!). However, CCB keeps improving with updates and ways to better utilize the program!

Reasons for switching to ChMS

Shelby couldn't keep up with our needs and didn't offer features we wanted (this was several years ago). The financial piece was also tough, so I understand from our financial department. We were growing too big and needed something different to accommodate our needs!

Dave

We Left

It met our needs for a while but we became disappointed after several years and have recently moved to Planning Center.

Pros

CCB was the first ChMS we used as a new church start-up 13 years ago. It met our needs. Check-in was essential as well as online contributions.

Cons

Over time we became disappointed by the slow progress in rolling out product improvements. Service planning / scheduling in CCB was inadequate so we used Planning Center. There was no integrated mobile app so we used Subsplash. Process queues and reporting was very cumbersome to use. The merger with Push Pay was the catalyst for us to look at alternatives due to our negative experience with Push Pay when search for a mobile app solution.

Reasons for choosing ChMS

At the time, we felt like CCB was well-prepared for continued development and improvements, it more closely fit our operations, and the price was right.

Shawn

Over-Promise / Under-Deliver

While I believe this product is still a great asset, I would advise that you must be prepared to have an administrator dedicated to getting it running effectively.

Pros

CCB has a clean user interface. The product looks great. Overall it is able to generate and store the information we need, but ultimately we had to hire a full time Database Admin to get the full benefit of the product.

Cons

The first year and a half was really rocky. While we were promised all of the bells and whistles of a great software, it quickly became clear that a lot was still in development. It took dedicated staff members working with CCB developers to truly get to a point where we could utilize the system effectively. While the user interface is great, getting it to produce the reports we were accustomed to in other softwares was far more cumbersome.

Reasons for switching to ChMS

Arena had a terrible user interface. Our infrequent users had a difficult time even learning the basics

Zach

Love CCB

Pros

Church Community Builder is an amazing product for any Church that wants to plan for the future and help support their congregation in the best way possible. It has functions for everything a church would want to do. They are also open to suggestions and always making improvements.

Cons

Their form builder and service function aren't quite as good as other programs like Planning Centre and Wufoo. But they have made huge improvements over the past years and are getting close!

Reasons for switching to ChMS

CCB integrated the whole church onto one platform instead of having multiple programs and databases.

Becky