• Pros

• "Metrics - love this feature. It makes it easy to monitor different things at a glance. Love that CCB incorporates check-in and giving. Love the Lead App."

• "The thing I like the most about CCB is that it is web based and I can access it from anywhere. Even my phone. The great customer service when I have an issue is also a plus! "

• "I love that anyone can use it, information is easily available, and everyone can keep it updated. It does everything that church software can possibly do. "

• Cons

• "It tends to be a tad behind the curve when it comes to keeping up with newer technology and fresh looks but definitely stepped it up recently."

• "Some features are hard to navigate and aren't very intuitive. But again, they seem to be working on those issues all the time."

• "The software was difficult to navigate and could be difficult to configure but once you had it set up properly it worked well."

Browse Church Community Builder Reviews

Jim from Jacob's Well Church

The Industry Standard for Web Based Church Administration

Church Community Builder allows me to keep track of everything that I need to keep track of in one place. It allows the church to empower each ministry to easily do the administration that's required.

Pros

Church Community Builder is the leader and industry standard for web-based church administration. The software is intuitive and easy to use. I have implemented the software at two churches in which I have worked and helped others get the most out of their subscription. What I like most about the software is that it is comprehensive. I've seen too many churches build separate and unconnected systems for children's check-in, group sign ups, payments for events and donor records. When these systems don't "speak" to one another, it creates more confusion and work for the church staff. The goal of church administration is to remove the burden of administration away from the ministry team. They typically excel at being with people and doing the work of the ministry. However, many struggle with administration basics such as keeping track of groups, communication, attendance data, etc. Church community builder allows our staff to be "efficient with things, so we can be effective with people". Everyone benefits from a centralized system - whether you log in daily or rarely. We always know where we can find the information we need. Saving time makes the churches dollars go farther.

Cons

The mobile computing revolution took place since CCB launches their 2.0 platform. Getting the software to work and interact well with mobile devices has been a slow process, but I'm happy to see the progress that's been made with the Lead App.

Charles from Southside Community Church

Backbone of our Data Management and Communication

Before we went with CCB, we had another Church Management Software System that was extremely popular. One day our man computer died that had the ChMS on it and we were unable to professionally retrieve the data that we had put in it for 20 years. Plus the backup for that ChMS had mistakenly been backing up the wrong file off site. So we lost everything. We went with Church Community Builder because it was cloud based and could be used on any system or smart phone connected to the internet and no chance of loss of data. We got SO MUCH MORE than we had planned. CCB is so robust and they are working daily making it even more robust and user friendly. Their customer support is second to none. It is very personal and they work until you are completely satisfied and understand what is happening. CCB has not become interwoven in every area of our church and being used by all the different ministries for scheduling volunteers, by al the small groups for communication and planning, for our families with children to check in both in the nursery and children's ministry, and by the church staff to not only record all the financial and member data, but to use it to make unlimited reports and planning ideas. It has become our communication hub of the church. Our members love being able to log on and control their own data, download financial information, look at the calendar, connect with other members and groups, and be informed about life at the church. This has been a win!

Pros

CCB ties everything we are trying to track, retain, and utilize into one very cohesive product. While there are multiple sections where data points can be collected, you only have to put them in once and they are available throughout the program. Although recording the data is easy, the CCB program helps tremendously to sort and use the data for an unlimited amount of projects and the presentation of the relevant data is very useful. Actually, the CCB Program inspires you with many ways you can use your data that you didn't even think was possible. Plus, it helps us to communicate with all of our attenders in multiple and meaningful ways.

Cons

In the past, the mobile side of the software was lacking in usability. However, CCB has really poured a lot of resources in the mobile side over the past 2 years and now it is very usable and graphic.

Reasons for Choosing Church Community Builder

It was more robust and the future of the software looked unlimited. That has proven correct. It was the BEST Choice and affordable.

Paul from Sojourn

Probably a great ChMS 10 years ago

Pros

CCB is a beefy, feature-rich software that allows you to do almost everything that you might want to, from an administrative perspective, for your church.

Cons

The main problem with this software is that while many updates are released, it feels like a software that has been piled up for a long time rather than thoughtfully integrated. As a result even the simplest tasks are often convoluted, taking triple the number of mouse clicks than they should. Just one example: editing profiles is cumbersome, finding information about a person requires multiple clicks through their profile information, and adding people requires a process that is more than simply filling out a simple page (you have to create a person, then find that person again from the list, then click into their profile, click to edit their password, and click "send password reset email" in order for them to receive a welcome email). Their sales page looks fantastic, and the software at least LOOKS good when you log in, but whenever you try to do something basic, while it's definitely possible, the whole time you're trying to do something you're left thinking "should it be this complicated"? Probably our biggest disappointment is that congregational engagement, which was a huge sales point, is virtually nonexistent. Because people cannot find other people and communicate easily (because it is cumbersome) with other people, they never log in to use the software. Even our leaders with full permissions would rather copy/paste email addresses into their own email software and communicate via email (or text message) than use this as a communication tool.

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied June 2017

Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to help you fully utilize the software and would be happy review your site to see how things are set up; this could be privacy settings causing your experience to be cumbersome. I will reach out to you today via phone. Blessings, Pam

Sam from Sam Houk Creations

Industry: Computer Networking

Church Community Builder

Church community builder is an excellent tool with an excellent support staff. Although the setup was difficult, once complete the tool was excellent and offered tons of customizable options.

Pros

The software was very useful as a communication tool. I also used the software for the check in feature as well.

Shawn from Lifepoint Church

CCB - Some Great Features... Still in Deveopment

While rolling into a new database can be a daunting task for anyone, CCB provided a great user interface that was still lacking in some major areas. While I do believe they are working on some new features, the rollout has been rather slow and caused us to look at other systems for different needs.

Pros

I think the singular greatest benefit our organization has benefited from with CCB is the use of Process Queues. Process Queues have allowed us to have better traction and accountability when it comes to the follow up and connection with new guests who walk through our doors.

Cons

The groups feature is seriously lacking. Once issues we have experienced is consistently being told that their are great features that are still “being developed.” We have had to switch to a separate groups database just to ease the strain on our volunteer group leaders.

Reasons for Choosing Church Community Builder

Cleaner interface and promised ease of use for our volunteers

Autumn from Living Faith Church

CCB Saved Our Church!

Love, love, love! seriously, though....Church Community Builder definitely has saved our church. We started as a church plant on a college campus where we were mobile on Sundays and very heavy small group based. CCB allowed us ease of communicating with people and keeping up with visitors and regular attenders alike. We use literally every feature CCB offers that we can afford and it has served us immensely well. Another major bonus is their customer support. They are always improving the software and are very open and willing to listen to ideas of "hey, could the program do this??". Any time we send any suggestion in, we get personal responses and results very quickly. we are VERY pleased with CCB.

Pros

I cannot stress how much we LOVE Church Community Builder!!! It has brought the communication of our church together like nothing else ever could. Mostly, we love the ability for our church members to connect with one another through the groups in CCB and how this allows our leaders to effectively communicate throughout the week.

Cons

The only con I can think of right now is that we're not super excited about the new schedules feature. Taking schedules out of groups is very effective for some areas, but there are teams that we have that need schedules locked within their group and the new way of doing it makes this process more difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Church Community Builder

We weren't using other things before using CCB, but we looked into a few other programs to do what CCB has brought to us. WE chose CCB because of their customer service, their incredible sales team and intro calls, and because we thought it would be the best software to grow with our church.

Rosanne from Liquid Church

Church Community Builder keeps everything in one place

Being a Finance person - I was disappointed at first. The strengths for this program lend themselves to the end user, as well as the "People" side of the system. Over time I have come to appreciate the strong controls on the giving side. As stated above, if the reports could become standardized - those too would be stronger.

Pros

The main menu is very easy to navigate you to where you need to go. Most of the screens are intuitive. You can always search for an answer or submit a request for help - Support is always helpful.

Cons

Reporting is good, but could be better. Merchant giving needs a bit of manipulation in Excel to build your deposit reports. If the reports could all have a standardization (Family ID & Individual ID) it would take report to the next level. Then you could generate a number of reports and gain all the data manipulation you need.

Amanda from Alleluia Preschool

Great Way To Build Community

Pros

What I love about CCB is the ease of locating contacts in the database and being able to see my volunteer duties easily.

Cons

The software does frequent updates and makes changes often. While this is helpful in working out glitches, it’s difficult to learn navigating through the website or teaching others to do the same.

Annette from River Oaks Community Church

Love/Hate Relationship

We use CCB everyday so it helps us out a lot. I wish that the features were easier for our less trained lay leaders and attenders to understand.

Pros

I love that this software gives us a comprehensive database of our entire congregation, and that we get that at a reasonable price.

Cons

CCB can be tough for our congregation to navigate and integration for signup forms is lacking. There's very little mobile-friendliness or ease of use for our congregation.

Cody from Christ Place Church

Church Community Builder

This software helps bring structure and organization to a large organization.

Pros

The feature that allows you to email everyone in the group is an efficient feature. It allows you to have more control over all the communication that happens within the group. Especially when you have large groups of people.

Cons

This software has the right ideas but it is not user friendly. I have found myself frustrated multiple times by how long some of the processes take just to do a simple task. I think creating and editing forms needs to be more user friendly.

Dana from Good Shepherd Church

Learning a New Product

Overall, I have been highly pleased with this program. We came from a program that was not very user friendly and no one used it due to how much work it took to enter in info. We are able to communicate better as a team using CCB and we are learning so many new ways to store and use our data. The customer service team has also been very helpful and quick to help with any issues we have had. I have been highly impressed by their overall service and products.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this product. I use the scheduling software on a daily basis and they have made it easy to schedule my teams and keep everyone informed about upcoming needs. I also like how easy it is to add new members to the software and the ability to share important information with those on staff. The program is easy to navigate and easy to learn.

Cons

There are a few things I wish it would let you do: 1) I would like to have groups be linked to the schedules section. For instance it would be great when a member leaves a group that it would also delete them from the schedule for that group and when a need is created it would be great if it could be shared with just one part of the scheduled group (for instance week 1 team or week 2 team instead of always needing to be shared with the whole group). 2) There are certain options that are only available on one page. For instance, the reports for schedules is only available on the beginning page of scheduling so once you go past that page you no longer have the option to run a schedule report. It would be nice to have that option on more than one page so you don't have to backtrack to get to it.

Kim from Cornerstone EPC

We LOVE Church Community Builder

Our old database was clunky and difficult to use. Most of our staff only used it as a directory, and not very often. CCB is very intuitive and easy to use. Our staff is using it daily and a lot of our congregation is using it daily. It allows us to track engagement and spiritual growth. It helps us to have accurate and up to date contact information on our members. We have gotten rid of several stand alone software programs and have save money by doing so. We can communicate better with our members, and everyone can set their communication preferences, so they aren't getting information they don't want to see, but stay connected in the areas they want. Registrations have gotten a LOT easier, especially those with payments. They used to take a lot of admin hours to process, now the system processes them with very little admin interaction. Scheduling volunteers and reminder follow ups is easier and more efficient as well. IT has also allowed us to switch from one admin person entering all calendar events from paper submissions to everyone submitting their own through the system, and the admin only needs to approve the requests-making things more efficient and less admin heavy. We LOVE this software, I am sure I could come up with even more reasons why it would be a good solution for other churches and would be happy to talk to anyone considering switching to CCB.

Pros

This is a very powerful database tool that simplifies the administrative processes, allowing the church team to do ministry better and more efficiently. I love the fact that when I contact them for support the person who contacts me almost always uses it in their own church. They aren't just behind the scenes, they are users and they understand what we are trying to do. I love that they listen to their church partners and are constantly updating things to make them more efficient and easier to use based on feedback from church partners. The coaching sessions are very thorough and very much worth the extra expense. They offer tons of training materials as well as support through support tickets, and even a user community where you can connect with other users for ideas and help working through anything you might be trying to figure out.

Cons

Overall, there really isn't any cons. Sure, there are things we would like to have work a little differently, but we know that the team at CCB listens to all of the church partners and are continually working on different feature enhancements to make things easier and more efficient for their church partners. If I had to suggest something we'd like to see...we would really like it to be a one stop shop for all of our ministry needs-completely replacing PCO and our financial software, and a place to leave private notes on a profile specifically for pastors only to see.

Nikki from River City Church

CCB is an excellent software for any church!

My overall experience is excellent. I really do love CCB.

Pros

I really like Church Community Builder because it makes it easy to manage everything in one place. CCB has tons of features, so whatever you are looking for, there is a great chance it does what you are needing. In addition, anytime you need help figuring ANYTHING out, they have AMAZING customer support. I have never, ever felt frustrated when reaching out for help. Any time I ask for help, I get a prompt response from a live person living in Colorado Springs who fully understands the product and is excited to help me understand the product too. Further, if there is something more that you wish CCB did, or if there happens to be an area you see could be improved, they are always open to feedback and new "feature requests" because they want CCB to work for the customer and serve our needs. Just when you think CCB can't get better....it always does! I love CCB.

Cons

The thing I like the least is that sometimes because CCB does do so much, there can be a long learning curve in understanding HOW to do everything. There are some areas of the software I still have never used because I've never taken the time to learn how to use them. However, anytime that I wish to learn, they make it easy by offering video tutorials, or you can submit a support ticket with questions, or they even offer live video training videos you take as a group or at times you can schedule live 1-on-1 video chats where they will walk you through the software. I have taken advantage of all of these services numerous times and have never felt let down.

Daniel from Emmanuel Baptist Church

Comprehensive and Contemporary

Very good experience. We have been blessed by their software. It helps us in guest follow up. We have benefited from the forms and website integration as well as the LEAD app. Customer service has always been good at follow up. The technical training videos and help sheets on their help site have been very helpful.

Pros

Here is a list of the pros: 1. The software is robust. It is comprehensive in its data search and storage capabilities. 2. The software is evolving. CCB is constantly updating and improving upon the software and app. 3. There is an app that allows us to search our congregant information and follow up on processes. 4. The software was transformational to our assimilation guest ministry process. Not only did they send me a +1 gift for checking out the software, but that book, Fusion by Nelson Searcy changed our church's guest ministry process. It fits perfectly with what CCB offers in terms of process queues and data functionality. 5. We can do forms right in the software that we can upload to our website. This allows guests, members, regular attenders to complete signups, ministry applications, and registrations without ever having to write on a piece of paper. Follow up is very simple. 6. Customer service is excellent. There are a number of technical sheets and training videos on their help site. Very good.

Cons

Here are some of the cons: 1. The software is so robust you almost need a dedicated position to create calendars, forms, searches, processes, keep the database clean (people who leave, etc...), and train people on how to use it. 2. The software does not do schedules like Planning Center does (not as user friendly and it doesn't connect with Songselect). Honestly, it seems like Planning Center and CCB are competing. While Planning Center does schedules better, CCB does everything else better (my opinion). Our church uses both. We would switch from Planning Center if CCB did schedules better. 3. The checkin portion of CCB, while easy to use, especially with the app, is not as easy to setup. For example, we use both ipads and Citizen Bluetooth printers as well as PCs and Zebra USB printers. They each have different challenges and can be technical to set up. 4. I wish there was a way to integrate our church app with CCB. We would like to do geofence checkin and mobile bar code checkin.

Zavier from Elkton Baptist Church

Church Directory, Follow up Workflow, and more

Church Community Builder was heavily used at my last church and it served three primary purposes for us and it did those things well. 1. Family Directory - Immediate and detailed information on families within the church as well as a confidential notes box to keep updates on contacts and outreaches and involvement within the church to promote spiritual health and church involvement. Mobile access to this directory also made on-the-go contacts nice and easy. 2. Follow-up Workflow Organizer - As a team, we came up with a follow-up system. For example: Week 1 - Phone Call, Week 2 - Postcard, Week 3 - Visit, Week 4 - Enroll in all newsletters applicable. One administrator was then put in charge of building this workflow, who is assigned to each section, and what they've got to do. Once the workflow was made active, as new families are added into the system, they immediately get dropped into the follow-up queue for week 1, the leader in charge of phone calls gets their info as an alert, and is able to mark "COMPLETE" after the phone call is made and info is updated. The workflow continues its cycle through each assigned party until the new family has gone through the full follow-up spectrum. 3. Event Coordination - When an event is decided upon, all details can be built into the CCB Calendar. The administrator​ can title the event, mark its date, time, space requirements, necessary supplies, workers needed, and more. Leaders then took care of their sections and that's it.

Pros

The ability to build a follow-up​ workflow to go to specific people in the process has been monumental for helping us stay in touch with new visitors. Fully customizable reports and attendance sheets Confidential notes and information on families for admin eyes only Notifications and alerts queue for each member in a specific workflow to contact and report on Ability to create services, programs, special events, and more as well as break down all needs from material to personnel and have lists sent to coordinators, volunteers, or the entire church for the purposes of donation (expanded on below) Administrators are not the only ones with full access to directory. Any family can access, but won't necessarily have the permissions of an admin

Cons

Not the best option for small churches Can be a learning curve with it, but plenty of resources available to get the most out of it A lot of maintenance necessary to keep all information up to date and accurate

Jim from Southeast Christian Church

It has been an excellent experience moving our church management system to CCB.

Pros

I will start with the people. We have had a great experience with the CCB team - our coach who helped us with our rollout over many months, the database team who helped with the migration of data, and the customer support team have all been fantastic. The software itself is very robust with all the features we expected and needed. Our transition to CCB went very smoothly because of the easy-to-use functionality, excellent help videos and documentation, and a great team to help us when we get stuck. I also appreciate that new features are rolled out regularly - this is not a stagnant set of features. They seek feedback from churches to make the software more useful, give us beta releases to test and provide feedback, and then we see the features released in the baseline quickly afterwards. They invest in the future and we are seeing a new look/feel and mobile-friendly approach rolling out. As an example of ease-of use, our children/youth check-in was running well with another application but we wanted our full attendance in CCB. This could have been a difficult sell to our NextGen team, but the features and ease-of-use made it a very straightforward transition. As a point of reference, we are a church of approximately 4,000 attendance each weekend.

Cons

A few things that are already on their list to improve: - full mobile features - already rolling these out - Improved/Full giving capabilities (app, text-to-give, web, kiosk) so that we don't need a separate vendor/app for this. - Improved reporting - CCB offers lots of canned reports and the ability to build very good custom report but the custom reports are mostly focused around people interactions.

Jimmy from Relevant Community Church

Great Cloud Based Database (plus more!) software for Churches

Pros

We like the groups feature and how easy it is to message group members, keep their information up to date, the opportunity for group members to connect with each other, love the forms and automation that are available in the software. We love the giving feature and ease of use for our church to set up automatic giving and pledges. The software is great for ministry leaders whether volunteer or paid. Fast customer service when needed. We love the support of launching our church into using it. We paid for the coaching which we would recommend to EVERYONE in order to utilize it successfully. our coach, rocked.The process queue feature is so helpful in keeping track of where people are in a certain process or system of events. Great use for all of it. Loving the app that is being created and constantly updated. There were two other "software companies" we were looking into... but they were either not cost effective for what they offered or their features were hard to understand and operate. We even talked with many other churches using these companies and heard of struggles. Glad we chose CCB.

Cons

The development of the mobile app is recent over the last 12 to 18 months. We wished it would have been sooner, but they are really doing a good job on improving that and adding features to it constantly. The scheduling feature, which would be the most used, but is the later part of mobil development. CCB is releasing and has realeased it with improvements already. Overall though, CCB is a company for churches and listen to their customers in what they need.

Leslie from Meadow Heights Church

Fantastic church management software, especially for a multisite context

Better management of our church database and processes, with a constantly developing partnership where this company responds to the real needs of its customers.

Pros

Where to begin - user interface is so intuitive, seemingly endless ability to customize features, and - more than anything - amazing responsiveness of both customer support and product development to concerns and feature requests. I have truly been amazed by how often CCB churns out new features. It seems within a month or two of us thinking (and occasionally, but not always, mentioning to them), "Gee, I wish I could do THIS in CCB", they will release an update that adds the exact feature we had hoped for. It's very obvious that they are eager to receive feedback from customers, appreciative of the feedback, and then they get to work making their software even more robust to serve the needs of churches of all sizes and structures. We used another big-name church database software before, and CCB has been vastly superior - especially in managing the unique needs of a multisite church. Also, the mobile app that they recently launched is so user-friendly, and they are constantly adding new features and functionality. Kudos to CCB! They truly feel like they are ministering to the church so we can minister better to our congregations and communities, not just trying to make money off churches.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when on initial setup. It felt a little too wide open to me, until we figured out how best to set things up for our church and got our feet wet a bit. Once I learned more about the way CCB *thinks*, it became very intuitive to expand my use and skills in the program.

Robert from Meadow Heights Church

A great overall product that is absolutely necessary for our church.

In my opinion, Church Community Builder is the best church management software out there. It allows you to be able to track all of data points you need, has a great event management system, a great volunteer scheduling system, a build in business intelligence system (called Metrics), and a unique system for managing manual processes. It does everything that you'd expect and more.

Pros

Church Community Builder has a bunch of great features that I could list out 1 by 1, but if I had to pick what I like most about the software, it's their commitment to updates. The release a new update every 8 weeks. Sometimes the updates are bug fixes, which you expect a software company to release, but often they are new features. It's this persistence in bettering their product, that has given me the most confidence in the company. I know they are working on the features that their customers want.

Cons

The things that I like least about the software is the lack of support for custom branding and reporting. Our church has worked hard on branding and Church Community Builder (CCB) doesn't support it much. The CCB portal is plain grey in color. You can choose custom color themes, but they are preset color themes, not user-defined. Also, they have a feature that allows you to send mass emails out and at the bottom of the email there is the CCB name and logo. It can be confusing to people that don't know what CCB is. They see an email, then see it's coming from CCB. As far as the reporting goes, it's pretty much been the same for several years. You can create custom reports that allow you to search on very specific criteria, which is great. The downside is, you can't always display the results of that criteria in the viewable report. You'll be able to see which people met the criteria, but not be able to see the actual data point. Most of their reports allow you do see the criteria, but a few important ones you can't (most notably the process queues and individual notes). CCB does have some built-in system reports that allow you to view some of the data you can't view in the custom reports, but you can't edit those reports to allow you to add other data points.

Amanda from Kingdom Life Church

Overall, CCB is a wonderful program! Great for small & big churches!

Easily being connected to other leaders, especially for a church run on volunteers. We are in the church at different parts during the week and don't have the benefit of having our offices filled all week with each other! So it helps with easy communication and connection. Also, for our volunteer church members & their calendars for serving! Having a place for all their information, birthday's, anniversaries, etc is so helpful!

Pros

I love how everything is connected, and once you get knowledgeable about it, it is easy to use! I love how the calendar is connected to our website, how you can have groups of different ministries and send emails to them or texts and it's professional and not from a personal phone. I love overall how there isn't so much for church members to learn how to use it, so it has basic communication and information where they can go on and be connected and informed! Also, their customer service is beyond amazing! They have helped in any and every way, from email responses (even if I'm not understanding something simple) to calling on the phone to walk me through something... They truly have beyond a five star staff!!

Cons

I think there are some things for them to work on, but it's all natural and a part of them moving forward. I, as a user, can detect some things when I try to do something I can't, but being a developer I understand they can't have it all perfect for us! Nothing too big of a con, for someone not to get CCB, but what is great about them is that you can email them ideas or situations you are running into and they will add it to their list of ideas and the team goes over them! I think that's really awesome! A few ideas we've had as a team, mostly for convenience sake, to move forward that could be helpful is: -When it comes to "Room Requests" having an area for a clean up list, or that if a ministry or person uses a room or resource the steps needed to put things back to the way they should be. -Another thing being when someone wants to sign up for CCB that there can be a button on the email that you could click "directly add into CCB" or "deny" type thing, so you don't have to re-type/copy everything. OR Maybe if you are an admin, have a notification that someone has signed up, so when you are logged in, you could click "approve" or "deny" just like you do when people want to put something on the calendar, or use a resource, etc. -Scheduling, that there could be an option to keep re-peat the schedules, because some ministries use the same people! And you could even remove people from it, and replace them, but leave the rest the same.

Karen from Calvary Church

Overall, we have had a great experience with CCB. We continue to expand how we use it in ministry.

This software is geared toward church or ministry use. It has been great for searching our database to find individuals who are serving or not, who are connected in a community group or not, or who have not attended recently for follow-up, etc. You can customize many fields to help the software suit your specific reporting needs. Individuals can log in and update their profile, find a group, find a place to serve, give a contribution or register for an upcoming event.

Pros

CCB is web-based therefore it is easily accessed from office, home or anywhere. There is a small group app that is great for group leaders to make contacts, take attendance, etc. You can schedule weekly or monthly reports that are sent to your or someone else's email. The Metrics tool is fantastic. Default privacy settings can be set pretty tight, but individuals can chose what they want others to see or not see on their profiles. Sending mail merges or messages is very easy to do. If someone is logged in, their contact information will auto-fill on forms they are filling out. There are great help videos & articles by subject that explain how to use the system. The software has improved over the last 4 years and continues to improve with releases of periodic updates, enhancements and fixes.

Cons

CCB is very complex and can overwhelm some people, especially when setting up queries to find the right people for a saved search. Forms have to match to records (understandable) but it can take a lot of time for something like VBS which may have hundreds of forms to match to records. Addresses do not CASS certify so there can be misspellings or incomplete addresses in your data. It can be hard to get your church on board to use the system, even leadership. Change can always be difficult. You can't sign up an entire family on a single form. Forms need to be filled out for each individual so it matches to their personal record.

Kayla from Eastpoint

Church Community Builder Review

With Church Community Builder, we are able to record any information we need for our church members, for our groups, for our events, and more. I love how you can look on someone's profile in CCB and see when they started coming, what groups/classes they are involved in, if they are volunteering anywhere, you can also see if they have been baptized and more! This tool is a great way to help people take their next steps in faith. I also love how you can automate process queues so that you can easily have a process set up for something (let's say volunteering) and you can see them through the entire process from initial interesting volunteering, all the way to helping them get connected with a team. This program allows us to not let people slip through the cracks. I could go on and on about specific elements that I like, but really the program is just a great way to organize and help people stay connected. Highly recommend!

Pros

As a communications specialist for my church of 2,000 people, Church Community Builder is a huge asset to have! This software allows you to track, record, and organize any and all of your church information in one place. From creating individual profiles of those who come to our church, to creating groups, calendars, forms, and more, this database seems limitless in terms to what you can use it for. Without this software, I don't know where we would be.

Cons

This program is so detailed, there are layers and layers of options on how to organize information, so sometimes it can get a little glitchy and can be overwhelming at some points. However, this program is something we use daily, and we know now how to navigate it to get the best results.

Crisan from Pantano Christian Church

We have used CCB for almost 10 years and have been very happy with our experience.

Pros

We appreciate how responsive the team has been to our feedback. We get excellent response time on all tickets submitted, friendly, competent service and have also felt heard anytime we have asked for other features. One of their reps actually proactively reached out to us recently to meet with us and understand our needs better, which they were doing with a number of their customers. This is, of course, in addition to the reliable functionality of the features we use daily in our organization. We use many of the modules and continue to develop more usage within our staff and congregation as I am able to help more of our users become more comfortable with the features. We rely on this tool daily and it allows us to connect to more people in our congregation and community than any other tool we have used or reviewed.

Cons

There are at times things we wish were more intuitive, such as the user interface for adding events with rooms and resources. We understand the challenge with providing so much complexity and functionality so we are not unhappy with the product. It just means we let only our power users use those areas and do our best to keep them well-trained. We love that we have a voice in shaping the future of the interface and feel CCB is always interested in staying relevant in the market for these types of tools.

Kimberly from Grace Church Roseville

Our eyes are opened possibilities we never knew existed!

Pros

We replaced an aging church database, hosted on an internal server, with Church Community Builder. Having our data in the cloud has brought so much more reliability! In addition, what had been a simple tool for staff now became a multi-dimensional interactive platform not only for us as staff to keep track of vital information, but for our attenders to interact with us, with their groups, and to be able to manage their own information, print their own giving records, etc. Church Community Builder was a quantum leap up from what we had, and we are still discovering ways to streamline and use it more effectively and fully. The support is VERY good. If you go with Church Community Builder YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. Also, BUY THE COACHING for implementation. If you don't, you will be missing out on so much in the software. If you're like us, you will go at the project with the mindset of the software you had before, and you may miss out on a whole different way to think about things that will revolutionize your experience.

Cons

The hardest thing about the software is not the software itself, but our own people. Getting our staff and others to fully utilize the software and break their old habits/inefficient ways of doing things manually has been the biggest challenge.

Greg from Southern Orange County Church

No need to look elsewhere for church management software

The exceptional experience I've had with the software has only been matched by the top-notch customer support experience that encompasses friendly and knowledgeable customer service personnel, substantive email updates, and webinars that cover both current functionality and future plans. Their level of integrity in sharing forthrightly where the product is and where it is going exceeds the experiences I've had with other businesses.

Pros

Three years ago after extensive analysis of the top church management software on the market, I recommended and then implemented Church Community Builder at my church. I've never looked back. In those three years, the company not only significantly expanded its features and functionality, but also its ease of use. Administration and finance areas now run so much more effectively through the use of the software, and our mission critical youth ministry relies on it for all their local out-reach and international events. I continue to enthusiastically both use and support the software.

Cons

In the last year, Church Community Builder has caught up and is beginning to surpass the user interface experience that much smaller companies with limited software functionality were rolling out. I look forward to the continued rollouts that are planned for making the mobile experience surpass those smaller companies, many which have gone out of business.

Jenna from The Summit Church

CCB Review

Overall, we have had a good experience with CCB. It does feel like we are constantly having to create workarounds​ to make the software fit our needs. I think maybe our set up of church was not what was in mind when the software was created. The benefits it provides though, outway the frustrations we may experience. Anytime we've had to be in contact with their customer support team they have been very helpful and great to talk with.

Pros

What I like most about CCB is the fact that it helps us manage our database and organize our church calendar. We use it primarily for the ​organization though and not as a platform for church members to connect with each other which I think is one main way they want the software to be used.

Cons

What I like least about CCB is that you can not customize calendar views. It would be nice to be able to create calendars for different broad categories so we wouldn't have to have all attendance related events on our facilities calendar. Not being able to create custom calendar views makes for a very cluttered calendar. Especially since everything that we want to track for metrics has to be an event on the calendar. Another feature that you are not able to customize is the system reports. It would be nice to be able to combine some of these as multiple reports often have data we are looking for, but there is no easy way to combine that data within CCB.

February 2011

Tabitha from EastLake Church

February 2011

CCB is easy to use, less expensive, and very intuitive!

I give 2 thumbs up for CCB overall. The cost is significantly less than many of the other ChMS's out there, and I feel our church gets more "bang for the buck" by using it! We regularly get comments from our attenders that show us how effective CCB is ("Wow! How did you know this was my 2nd visit?" "Thanks for the note that you were praying for me." "Really? I've been attending since 2006, but haven't attended membership, yet? How do I sign up?") I haven't mentioned one of the best features: the ability for members of groups to communicate to each other (without either having the other's email address)! Our group members feel a sense of belonging, right from the start!

Pros

I'm assuming 5 stars is best in your survey. The customer support rates many more stars than I'm able to give. The team at CCB was so supportive and helpful during the transition from our "old" ChMS. CCB's Process Queues make tracking attenders so easy: we can "watch" them as they move from first-time visitors to members. The Queues also make it easy to see which volunteers have been processed (background checks, coaching/training, etc have been done or NEED to be done). Fewer people slip through the cracks now! CCB has been taking notes when we mention some of the capabilities we had in our "old" ChMS, but don't have in CCB (for example, the ability to track attendance, based on giving). They listen to our concerns/issues, then help us find a workable solution...all the while, they're talking to programmers to make programming changes that will impact CCB's growth.

Cons

We have found some issues when trying to email "Parents Of", and are aware that changes to improve this feature are expected any day (first-quarter 2011). We are a large church (5,500-plus in an average weekend), and initially found CCB to be more geared toward smaller churches. In the 5 months we've been with them, we've seen them changing to be more accommodating to the large churches...but there's still room for growth in this area. Implementation packages are available, but if not used, the church may feel like a fish out of water. I highly recommend implementation be used for all churches that want to use as many CCB features as possible.

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied October 2015

Update: Since this post, emailing the PARENTS OF has been addressed in the software.

Laura from Spirit Church

CCB is great for churches of any size

CCB works constantly to improve their products and provides a lot of free training. I have been impressed with the way customer service sends a video to show you how to walk through any steps needed to correct an issue I am having. There is a lot of components involved and they work hard to make it work well together.

Pros

Customer service is quick to respond and follows up to make sure your issue has been resolved. They also take note of improvements suggested and act on them. The metrics to track attendance and giving are very easy to adapt to each church's needs. Giving statements are easy to run. The ability to use mail merge and link files is very helpful. Groups are easy to design and allow people to interact easily. New schedules are a huge improvement.

Cons

The team has worked very hard over the last couple of years to improve the software. Most issues I have had in the past have been resolved. The only issue we have now is that in order to use the serving portion of the software, individuals have to do a lot of date input to get it started. Because we didn't make it a focus of our original log ins, we don't have the date needed to get this portion working well. Wish we could find a work around to get this portion working well for us.

Matt from Vineyard Church

Good Program for Churches

We get to keep 99% of our information in one central location. It helps us keep track of people and events. We use it constantly, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Pros

There's a lot to do with CCB. Our primary use is for room reservation and volunteer tracking. Reserving rooms and resources is easy, and takes very few steps. It takes a lot to keep track of all the volunteers our church has, and CCB puts them all in one location. We can send out emails to groups, respond to forms instantaneously, and schedule volunteers for duties. Like I said, there is a lot to do on CCB.

Cons

With there being lots to do, there's a lot to learn. Adequate training is difficult to come by in my organization, most of mine has been playing around with CCB to figure things out. At times it can be slow, and we've found that some of our administrators have lost information over time.

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied May 2017

Matt, Thank you for your feedback! We want you and your leaders to have all the training you need; that's why we are now offering free training workshops! Here is the link so you can sign up for as many as you would like! http://explore.churchcommunitybuilder.com/register-software-training-workshops-2017 Have a fantastic weekend and please let us know if we can assist you with anything! Blessings, Pam Flanery

Jake from Christ's Church of Oronogo

Would Recommend to Churches Looking for Engagement

Our church has been a user for about 3 years now, and we like this product for the most part. We find that it works well with most of the systems that we had set up long before purchasing, and we would definitely choose CCB again if given the option. I wouldn't recommend this to churches just looking to save contact information, but I would highly recommend it to churches looking to further engage the members of their churches through the various tools that it offers. One nice feature of CCB is all of the preferred partners with whom they work. They allow users to use other programs and tools for the church that integrate with CCB. We have partnered with several of them (like Aware3 and Protectmyministry) in order to increase our administrative efficiency for things like background checks and apps.

Pros

integrations with other online tools, customer service has been extremely helpful, updates seem to address areas of need, number of tools available

Cons

cost is high compared to some offerings, but value is high as well. Oftentimes we have to change our internal systems because of the limitations of the tools available (I would imagine this is common for every system that isn't custom though).

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied May 2017

Hi Jake, Thank you for your post; we love partnering with you and are very excited about all the new updates we will be providing our wonderful church partners in 2017! Have a blessed week, Pam

Karen from Calvary Church

Very satisfied with Church Community Builder

It helps us manage our large church organization with 3 campuses and several thousand records quite easily. People profiles, groups, giving, serving, sign up forms, communication, etc. It is web-based so we can log in remotely.

Pros

CCB has just recently updated people profiles and is now getting ready to launch their new Schedules module, which I have seen in training and it is fantastic. They are working through updating all of the areas of the software. For administrative users, the software is very functional. It's easy to create groups, enter information, see a person's involvement on one screen, and communicate through group messages and mail merges and group promotion. There is a lot to this software. Their customer service is quick to respond and their user's groups are great for ideas and help as well. There is a lot of training available through articles, videos and webinars.

Cons

There are some limits to reports or how to set up metrics, limits to some mass changes, not being able to match a form to more than one person, so parents fill out a form for each child when signing up for something like VBS., not being able to schedule an email message or mail merge.

Becky from Mission Church

CCB helps your church make sure nobody falls through the cracks!

Pros

CCB has a variety of features that allow you to create systems that serve your church. The group features, along with process queues, calendars, forms, and individual profiles help you keep track of the details so you and your staff team can keep track of and keep up with your people. For children's ministry, we use the check-in feature every Sunday, which volunteers operate with ease! The customer service is also something worth talking about... they're AWESOME at answering your questions, helping you troubleshoot, and keeping you informed with what's coming and what they're working on!

Cons

I know it's something they're working on, but the scheduling aspect of the software isn't usable for scheduling children's ministry volunteers at our church. However, they have come a long way in creating an app for group leaders and ministry leaders, which I think is an important step towards creating an app for volunteers to use to respond to schedule requests, etc. It's not there yet, but I would bet that within a few years they have this figured out and nailed down.

Josh from Resonance Church

CCB cares about how WE use their system, and they work to make it happen every day!

Pros

I have been using CCB for around 10 years (I think...I've kind of lost count!). As a part of the Beta Team, I LOVE the fact that I have the ability to influence how the software works and what features are most important to us as a church. CCB does a STELLAR job with customer service and seeking to build a useful product for churches. They listen to what we use and how we need it to work, and then they work to make that happen. Their commitment to mobile use over the last year or so has been great. They are trying to make sure they do it RIGHT instead of just putting an app out that doesn't really help. It feels like I'm actually a part of the team, and that relationship is a big part of what is attractive about CCB.

Cons

The important part of using CCB is having a vision of how to setup the structure. Without taking the time to think that through, it can be harder to use and seem clunky. But once you understand how to make it work for you, it is an incredibly powerful tool!

David from First Baptist Church Merritt Island Florida

Very robust and mature package with lots of functionality.

We primarily purchased it for the Process Queue functionality, but use it for all our daily Membership, giving, etc., needs.

Pros

Many functions are integrated well, and Process Queues are well implemented. There are constant updates and feature additions. Customer support is very responsive and makes an inititial contact almost immediately.

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied October 2017

David, thank you so much for leaving your review! It's so encouraging to hear that your church is taking advantage of the software. One of the most exciting things we see is the success and growth of churches when using the fullness of the software and implementing great process. While it can seem daunting at first (many reviewers talk about complexity), taking the time to learn and incorporate the software is always time well spent. We know it can be hard to do this when weekly commitments never seem to end, but we commend your hard work. (We re-recorded all of our "support/help" training videos this year if anyone else wants a jump-start!) David, if you are not, make sure you subscribed to our product update blog. We're releasing enhancements and new products all of the time. ;) All God's best, -- Michael Rowe Brand Experience www.churchcommunitybuilder.com

April 2016

Bonnie from Living Hope Christian Assembly

April 2016

We love CCB!

We are a church that has a K-12 school, creative arts studio, cafe, and our structure is small groups. We are preparing to open another campus. CCB is the tool that keeps us in sync, allows the focus to be on people and relationships, but keeps the data and processes we need to ensure things don't get missed. Staff use CCB for givings, calendars, communications, scheduling, attendance, resource/room booking, forms for registrations, processes, database and reporting, etc. Volunteer leaders also use it for group communication, attendance, consolidation process, etc. And many in the congregation use it for community communications, subscription to personal calendars, registrations for events, etc. We have been using it since 2009. We love the many options and flexibility that allows us to "do church" how we feel called to. Because it seems like an extension of what we do and they see value of what it will do for them, most use it. CCB staff are really very supportive. When I have a question or think there may be a glitch/bug (often it is me!) submitting a help request is always a positive experience. You quickly get back great suggestions or assurance it is being passed on to a higher level. I also learn almost daily something from the great community of other churches using this tool from the forum where they share best practices, tips/tricks. CCB is responsive to feature suggestions/requests. There is continual improvements and new releases are an exciting time for us. So, with all this love, why only 4 stars? First, we are a Canadian church so have not found a perfect solution yet to fully integrate our online giving and form payments. We also have to do a little extra work to produce CRA approved charitable giving receipts. The financial aspect is complex and I know there is continued work by CCB to find partners that may make this more possible. The second is that a small portion of our volunteer schedules (worship team and media team) have now moved to a different tool that allowed them to more easily view who was scheduled on their mobile devices and combined with making our service plans more accessible. I was sad when that transition took place but I also understand not one tool can be the best at every area ... but CCB has taken the prize for us in everything else -- and I am confident will continue to build and improve even further what is an amazing tool.

Veronica from Heritage Church

CCB Review

It has been amazing for our organization with the ability for staff, leadership and church members to be able to communicate to each other and engage in ministry.

Pros

So much to like about this software. The maintains of data on individuals that attend our church. The process to move people through various systems we have. Ability to do mass emails to our church members. Be able to create schedules and remind individuals of set serving times. The ability to work from any devices and their lead app. The biggest is that they hear the need of their consumers and work towards ongoing improvements. They are also very helpful with concerns or questions.

Cons

Something the untimely announcement of minor changes that find out about and have to process it through ourselves. Also so many changes in small amounts of time which as a small church with not a full-time person managing the software it is hard at times to keep up.

Jennifer from Valley Family Church

Truly built with churches and discipleship in mind!

Ease of use and powerful reporting

Pros

Church Community Builder (CCB) is a power packed data base with the ability to customize and create systems that work best for your individual church. We love that it doesn't have the look or feel of typical database and how user friendly it is. CCB understands the heart of church discipleship is relationships and therefore their product helps to facilitate relationship while maintaining high level data power. We searched through many Church Management Solutions before landing on CCB and have been very pleased over the last 2 + years. I appreciate that they are always looking for ways to improve and value our input to build the best system.

Cons

There are a couple of reporting features that I wish were a little more robust. As the data guru I still find some frustration with how certain reports are built or why I can't include certain fields or columns when I am building a custom report.

Great for Connectivity and Sharing Information

As a member of a larger church, there is no way to disseminate information to all church members about their individual needs and events on a Sunday morning alone. CCB places people in applicable groups to disseminate information efficiently and help these subgroups communicate.

Pros

-The tabs on the home screen are intuitive to use. -The flow on each screen anticipates my needs. For example, when I view the nursery group I serve in, the screen includes contact information for our children's director and room leaders. It also includes an option to write a message to all participants. -The "Give" tab lets me store bank information so I can easily use this function monthly without having to reenter anything -CCB allows me to be added to different groups so that I receive email communications directed to each group. This keeps me in the loop about relevant information, but keeps the information concise since I'm only getting applicable emails

Cons

-I would like the calendar tab to be more customizable. While the software does take into account which "groups" I am apart of and only show me events relevant to those groups, there are still certain events that I'd rather not see (i.e. regular church services. I already know these happen on a weekly basis, and it would be more helpful to see events I actually need help remembering). -It would be nice if each personal profile had more information on where they are connected in the church-where they serve, how long they've attended, etc

Lisa from Connection Pointe Church

CCB has turned using a database to benefit ministry into something that just seems natural.

Pros

1. Everything ties together and back to a person, so it's easy to see how a person is engaged with just a few clicks. 2. We've been able to stop using other software programs to accomplish tasks (such as volunteer scheduling, event and room scheduling, sending mail merges, and building forms) because it is all now housed within CCB. 3. There is no program to load onto your computer. Everything is web-based making it easy to access from anywhere. 4. The software is finally becoming more mobile friendly. 5. CCB is user-friendly, and 100% of our staff use it! This is important because the data is only as good as the input from our people.

Cons

There are some limitations to the forms. We'd like to see form logic capabilities. Also, a form can only be matched to one profile so when doing a registration for multiple family members (i.e. camp or basketball leagues), the form must be completed separately for each person.

Todd from First Christian Church

CCB helps us track and follow up with our people in a highly effective way.

Enhanced ability to connect with members who meet various criteria.

Pros

CCB makes it possible to provide pastoral care at a level not usually possible for a medium sized church. Now, we do far better at connecting with first time guests, fading members, sick members, and people suffering from grief.

Cons

I would appreciate having CCB automatically create a leader group by gathering the names of the leaders of similar subgroups. For example, If I create lifegroups and identify the leaders, I would like for CCB to automatically generate a group called lifegroup leaders.

Response from Church Community Builder

Replied April 2018

Todd, so great to hear how the software is helping you care for your church in such meaningful ways! I'm passing this on. That's exactly why we created the software! As for a group of leaders, if you are using the Deluxe version of the software, you are able to utilize the Departments feature which allows you to organize your groups into departments and communicate with your leaders in a couple of easy clicks. Thanks again for the chance to partner with your church!

Zach from Village Church

Love CCB

Pros

Church Community Builder is an amazing product for any Church that wants to plan for the future and help support their congregation in the best way possible. It has functions for everything a church would want to do. They are also open to suggestions and always making improvements.

Cons

Their form builder and service function aren't quite as good as other programs like Planning Centre and Wufoo. But they have made huge improvements over the past years and are getting close!

Ken from Adventure Christian Church of Patterson, CA

Have used this software for some six years and plan to continue using it!!!

Pros

Overall, it is very easy to use. That said, we do NOT use much of its capabilities. We are a small church plant. As the pastor, I use it to communicate with the congregation and our small groups. That is a key to my liking CCB. It is very easy to create a new group, edit those in an existing group and more. We also tract all of our giving through it, making bookkeeping very easy and the end of the year tax reporting extremely easy. Each person can log on and get their own giving statement. They can also track where their giving is at any time.

Cons

For a church our size, this is an expensive package. And there is a lot to learn to truly get the most from the software. Best to have a person who would immerse themselves in it, which we have never had. For a larger church, the options would really be handy. Of course, you need lots of computers all over your facility to make the most of CCB.

Ann Louise from The Consulting Edge; Movers & Shakers, Inc.

We moved from Power Church which not web based so there is no comparison. Great application!

An updated congregational database. An easy way to communicate with our congregation, a framework for small group ministry to thrive, integration with our financial package.

Pros

The database, functionality is very good, customer service is the best their training videos and help/support material is very good. Our implementation coach was amazing. He prepared us well for our implementation and issues we may have, options we might want to consider. It was and continues to be a great relationship with CCB. I highly recommend them and their products.

Cons

Some of the functionality is based on US business processes. We are a Canadian Church. However CCB is always receptive to feedback and has a list of enhancements where we can put our requests on. Some of our church users don't find the software inuitive to use. They are Apple users. I am from a PC world and I find CCB incredible. The training videos are helpful

Judy from First Baptist Euless

Excellent software. Professionally managed. Easy to use. Well documented. Well supported.

Solid Guest processing. Member tracking, management. Great data mining capabilities.

Pros

Everything in this software is easy to use. I can create a new report in < 1 minute. Of course, there are many types of reports that are supplied so that I don't always need to create my own reports. Use is intuitive. Software updates are solid, well described prior to the launch, nothing broken afterwards. We employed a coach to get started, and that experience was highly effective. Video's are supplied on training, they are easy to understand, find, re-run and available to all. Process Queues are key to connecting with our guests, and help us keep track of all key activities. They are an important point in differentiating this product from others available. Our support tickets have been worked quickly, efficiently, and never rushed.

Cons

Metrics are tougher to get working as they made us think through our organization differently - and we then made some changes and it took us longer to roll out. Each metric has a graph, and therefore is visual - which makes a big difference in assimilation. We're rolling out more and more of them as time goes by.

Katie from The Vineyard Church

Good for the basics, hard to get people to use

Pros

I love being able to keep track of volunteers and church member information on CCB. It's easy to customize too to keep track of whatever is important to us, like workshop attendance and other significant events. I love that they updated the new volunteer schedules feature to make saved templates for recurring schedules. It makes it super easy to produce a schedule and keep using saved versions.

Cons

CCB is really hard to get our members to use. There is too much information on the page and can be overwhelming to members who just want to check their finances and serving schedules. The app is getting better, but it is way too late in the game coming out and now our church is just used to using the software behind the scenes, and our members don't know what it is. If there had been an app developed earlier it would have been easier to implement at the same time.

Terri from New Life Church

Church Community Builder

This system is allowing us to make sure we aren't losing people without even realizing it. Also allows for ease of tracking who is where in our membership and class processes.

Pros

I love the capabilities of creating process queues to manage processes we use throughout our week to keep track, send reminders, and help organize the way we want to maintain our records of who, what and when our people meet certain criteria and guidelines. I love that they are continually trying to improve all aspects of the database system.

Cons

The calendar system leaves much to be desired. Needs more functionality as far as scheduling recurring events, and producing reports of only CERTAIN events. Also, the Pledge piece needs updating! You can currently pledge to an account ONLY ONCE ever, and that doesn't work for us, since people create pledges each year to our general fund for budgeting purposes.

June 2016

Mike from Asbury United Methodist Church

June 2016

The Best Thing To Happen To Us In Years

We had used Shelby Systems (in-house server based) for almost 15 years. We had a few long term employees who could get information from Shelby. We knew we needed a new, more user-friendly approach that allowed every member to interact with their own data, their group data, and their own giving information. We chose CCB and it has turned out the be the Best Thing That Ever Happened To Us.

Pros

The ease of conversion and setup 24/7 individual member access to their own information and to groups that they belong to On-line registration, check-in, and payments Simple, easy online forms generation and publication Supports mass mailings through a fairly robust mail-merge feature

Cons

Some functions within the system are still maturing (e.g. While the forms and mail-merge preparation support limited graphics, they cannot compete with specialized tools such as Constant Contact, etc.)

Joshua from SYNNEX

Robust Church Management Software!

Complete management of every aspect of every data point across our entire church congregation. From small groups to giving. CCB handles it all.

Pros

Church Community Builder is packed with powerful features and tons of extras that help keep everyone involved within the church in the loop with information right at their fingertips. Their 'Lead' app is awesome, extremely user friendly and packed with valuable features. Their customer service is top notch. Anytime we have ever had a question or concern about something, they make it their mission to resolve it as fast as possible. We love CCB and will continue to partner with them to grow our church for as long as possible! Definitely recommend.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, but you know what they say? You get what you pay for and that definitely rings true here. For what you pay, you get SO MUCH.

Bev from Imagining Church

Great tool, lots of options, once you get the hang of it it is fairly intuitive.

track involvement, giving, serving, group management, communication, personal information, MASTER church calendar, volunteer schedules... the list goes on and on. It is fantastic.

Pros

Managing people and their involvement in the church. If you have a good system set up to get people engaged with CCB it is a wonderful tool to connect with the church Body. Communication within groups is fantastic. You can create events, book facilities, communicate to the group, very effective tool.

Cons

I am often frustrated with the way CCB behaves when people or groups have been made inactive. If a group is in active it will still show up on a persons profile as a group they belong to. It's as if the Group retains all the information from the time that the group closed. The only way I've found around this is to remove all participants from groups before making them inactive. A lot of work.

Terri from CCV: Christ's Church of the Valley

Church Community Builder Helps Churches Help People

Church Community Builder has improved my church's management of congregational records and information. When handling hundreds of people from first-time guests to volunteers and small groups having a tool that allows the church staff to be informed about and supportive of congregants is of utmost importance. CCB has also helped congregants to "own" their involvement in the life of the church from managing their giving to their volunteer schedules. It's a great tool for church staff and congregation.

Pros

What I like most about Church Community Builder is the level of detail provided as it pertains to database records. If used to its fullest, the user can store a tremendous amount of information about individuals which in turn helps the user support these individuals as members of their church community.

Cons

What do I like least about Church Community Builder? I cannot think of anything that stands out at this time.