• icon"Churchteams is very customizable, user-friendly, and comes with outstanding customer service. Any time we have a need, Churchteams staff is quick to respond and pleased to help."
  • icon"We are very excited about all the opportunities to implement the various features - having different ministries use the scheduling feature is next on the list. Customer service has been excellent."
  • icon"I also love that I can change most everything about it to fit our admin needs. The customer service is so personal and rapid, we've loved everything about it."
  • icon"Only negative to me is that with online giving and text to give, a physical address needs to be required when first setting up the account."
  • icon"The user interface is ugly and sometimes clunky."
  • icon"Which for 2019, is unacceptable, and the reasons I plan to leave Church Teams ... soon. We get constant requests from volunteers who can't remember their passwords."

Browse all Churchteams Reviews

• Have you used Churchteams and would like to share your experience with others?

Charlene

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Great All Inclusive package.

Brad

Great Platform, Great Service, Great Price

I can't say enough about the support from ChurchTeams and I also appreicate their willingness and ability to implement almost everything we have requested or figure out a work around that meets our expectations. They are also always improving the software and releasing updates often and they listen to the ChurchTeams community.

Pros

ChurchTeams is extremely functional. It has everything and more than many of the major players in the ChMS market. Church to Text is an excellent example. Their support and service is second to none. They are very responsive to enhancement requests and assistance with reports and any aspect of their system. Also their price is extremely economical.

Cons

I can’t really say there is anything I dislike. One of the things I mentioned to them was to enhance the GUI interface to have the slick feel of some of the newer platforms. In my opinion ChurchTeams has always been about function over aesthetics but I do know they are currently working to improve the GUI interface.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

A major factor came down to price and the fact we were already familiar with ChurchTeams and their support is second to none. When we were talking with ChurchTeams about converting to their platform completely there was some functionality that we needed that didn't exist in the software. Their development team committed to implementing the functionality we needed and it was rolled out just before the completion of our migration and it works exactly as discussed and meets our needs. I can't say enough about how they take care of their customers!

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We were approached by ACS about switching to Realm so we decided to evaluate ChMS systems rather than blindly switching because we had been with ACS for so long. We have been using ChurchTeams for over 8 years for adult groups as a supplement to ACS because ACS lacked functionality that we wanted that ChurchTeams had. Since we had been with ACS for over 20 years it was tough to get buy in from all of our staff but we finally made the decision to fully switch to ChurchTeams and drop ACS. ChurchTeams Online Giving and payment options are also EXTREMELY competitive in their rates and have saved us tens of thousands of dollars over our former online giving provider.

Response from ChurchTeams

Brad, thank you for this very kind review. We love colaboring with you guys for the sake of the Kingdom. Technology is constantly evolving and changing. We want to stay in front of that as best we can. Your thoughts and feedback are instrumental to that goal. Thanks, Boyd

Replied July 2019

Benjamin

April 2022

Responsive and always growing in functionality

I love the CT team and the way they honestly try to help us do more ministry!

Pros

I love that the team is always willing to help you figure out how to do something if you don't know. If the software can't do it, they take suggestions and implement many of them pretty quickly. I love the CT team!

Cons

The only thing I wish CT would do that they don't do is offer offline options. Meaning there is no local saving of data for when you don't have access to internet. Of course this is not as big of an issue today as it would have been 5-10 years ago, so I recognize this as probably just an outdated mindset.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Better pricing and opportunities for growth.

Ease of use and functionality are WAY better with CT

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Benjamin. We're in this together to serve the Lord first and foremost!

Get's the Job Done- But Quirky, Clunky and Not User Friendly

Pros

Overall Churchteams meets several needs for our organization at a price point that we can afford. We use church teams to - Keep track of member information - Capture information and follow up with first time guests - Kids' ministry check-in -Volunteer check-in - Managing Volunteer Teams - Small groups rosters - Keep track of people's discipleship journey (taking Next Steps). I love the fact that Church teams allows us to make notes shepherding between multiple pastors, elders and small group leaders. The same goes for Guest Follow Up. Church teams allows us to keep the follow up process running smoothly.

Cons

Clunky user interface. Navigation of the menus and features of church teams feels like just a mountain of black text on a white background. It's hard to locate the things we need when we need them. Use of color and/or icons could make this more user friendly. I know Church Teams CAN do so many wonderful things but often it is a headache to figure out HOW to get Church Teams to do it. Setting up check-ins has way to many steps and crazy variables. Making us manually resize images and enter their html in order to get our logo to appear on name tags doesn't feel like something I as the user should be doing. The same goes for having us program our own booleans to print silent and format margins and download archived editions of Mozilla Firefox in order to run it on a Mac. We use the "Groups" Feature to do many things beyond just organizing small groups. We keep track of volunteer serving teams, outreach events and discipleship classes. However when creating a new "group" it's really time consuming to have to enter all the different required fields that really aren't applicable to all types of Groups. For example Serving Teams don't need a meeting time or location because they always serve Sunday Mornings at the church but the time varies from team to team and service to service. It's really pointless and time consuming to need to enter that information for all Groups when the majority of Groups don't require that type of information.

Response from ChurchTeams

Andrew, this is a really helpful review for us. We are working on many of the things you suggest in the Cons section and are excited about the future. The Search page that you login to is in production now and should be rolled out soon. I think you'll find it a huge improvement in many of the areas you mention. Thanks for taking the time to do this and feel free to stay in touch with us on this stuff directly as well.

Replied May 2019

Tarah

September 2022

Churchteams is Awesome!

Our experience with Churchteams has been amazing from the start.

Pros

We love Churchteams. It is user friendly. Support is easy to get and they work hard to solve any issues and even make upgrades for things we would like to have.

Cons

Whenever we would like an added feature we let Churchteams know. They have made changes for us and others that are definitely improvements. There are no Cons.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Roll Call wasn't giving us what we needed and didn't have the features we wanted.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Tarah, for this nice review. It's a privilege to serve you guys.

Replied October 2022

Jase

Churchteams is a Positive Addition

Pros

Churchteams has been a great addition to our ministry resources. From online giving to membership information.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an app that went with program.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Price and Customer Service.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Price and Program availability.

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Jase, If you either email the login link to yourself and open it in your phone, or login from the website; on the login page, you'll see instructions on how to save a shortcut link on your phone. It's actually easier than downloading an app, takes less space on your phone, never needs updated, and gives you access to the entire tool instead of a subset of it like most apps do. We built Churchteams to be mobile optimized. Thanks for the great review and kind words.

Replied June 2021

Arlona

My staff loves Churchteams

I have found it a joy to work with Churchteams. They are always willing to take the time to explain how the software works, and they have a reason why it is the way it is that is focused on the heart of shepherding the church. Such a refreshing change!

Pros

My staff has found Churchteams very easy to use and is so much more comfortable with this software compared to our old church management system. Churchteams deals with everything as a group, and it makes it so easy to set up any kind of group. Running reports is also so much less intimidating and the staff is willing to do it after being shown once. That is so freeing for my job!

Cons

Exports to excel are lacking from some views. We can copy and paste the information, but reports do not have an export to excel option, and that is what my staff is already in the habit of using. I have to explain once a week that they can copy and paste the data out of the view they are looking at if they want to edit a spreadsheet.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

I asked 12 other churches what they used and why, and I asked if they liked it. All the answers I got were along the lines of "We use X. It works, but it isn't great" except for 1. "We use Churchteams, and it is fantastic!" My friend was enthusiastic about using Churchteams and she is not a techie person, but she was talking about all the options she had and how Churchteams took their ideas and implemented what they needed.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Shelby was hard to use! My staff needed help with every little task, and it was always confusing why things didn't work.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Arlona. I love that your choice was based on a friend who genuinely loves CT. Raving fans who share with others.

Kenneth

Needs a calendar

It has been very good!

Pros

It is helping in assimilation at our church much better than we were doing.

Cons

It is very different from the system we were using. The old system was very basic and simple. I am not a good tech person and I was having difficulty navigating all the features this software had to offer. One thing that we really are missing is a generalized calendar to put all of our church events on. I know there are many out there, but it was nice using the calendar all in the same place one is doing all the other church system stuff in.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

The features were built our better and you email template platform was much better than CCM.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

I think CT will help is in the long term at RockPoint. It presented advanced things that Breeze just didn't have yet.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for doing this review Kenneth. Here are our current thoughts about use of Calendars if that's helpful. But, we do have this on our list to further consider at some point. https://blog.churchteams.com/3-problems-calendars-help-solve Thanks.

Replied August 2020

Steve

Excellent Groups Management Software

We use Churchteams to track all of our data for groups. It helps us keep track of the metrics that drive group health and it helps us maintain consistent communication with our group leaders. As our number of groups has grown, Churchteams has become more and more vital to our groups management. On one hand, this is due to the volume of information that is being tracked, but it's primarily due to how effective we've found Churchteams to be.

Pros

The things that I like the most about Churchteams are its versatility, their customer service, and its overall effectiveness. Churchteams is helpful for everything from getting people registered for groups to facilitating communication in groups at every level (from group members, to leaders, to coaches, to pastors - whatever levels you need). I primarily use Churchteams for our small groups ministry, but the software also offers other church management options, including giving and event check-in. I've also never worked with an organization that was as committed to serving me as a consumer and pastor. We once had an issue with check in for which I submitted a service request a few days before it would be needed.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me to try to help me solve the issue and when we couldn't, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was prepared to call me while he was on vacation to make sure we got the issue sorted out in time for the event (thankfully we figured it out before he had to call me). I will also get periodic emails from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] informing me that he is praying for me. I believe they make it a practice to pray for all of their clients. In terms of their effectiveness, Churchteams has helped us grow our small groups ministry from a dozen groups to 36 groups and add over 200 people to groups over the last 6 years through the ease of communication, assimilation, and website integration (among other features) that their software offers.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that generating reports with this software isn't very intuitive. Many times I have to experiment with various options to find the data that I want. It's also not the most aesthetically pleasing interface.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We briefly migrated to FellowshipOne for a time because we believed it would be more robust, however we quickly discovered that Churchteams was not only equally robust, it was far more user-friendly. We switched back within a year.

Response from ChurchTeams

I'm slow to respond, but wanted to say thanks for the review, Steve! If it would be helpful, we'd love to help you guys with other outstanding features like Workflow, Text & Email marketing, etc.. Thanks, Boyd

Kevin

Great Church Management Software with a great support staff

Great experience using the software. I would also say they have the best support out of any company I have experienced. I get a call back in the same day.

Pros

I like the forward thinking toward the next advancement in the software. It started years ago with small group reminder emails for attendance and prayer requests. Now they have added features such as text to give, all check, etc.

Cons

It can be a little clunky on the backend until you are used to using it.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

We were already familiar with it because we used it for our small groups.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Servant Keeper was not web based and did not meet our growing needs.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Kevin, for the great review. You guys are a blessing to partner with.

Joel

Fantastic for what we use it for, about 15 years behind in tech

Pros

We love the prayer email functionality of it. All of our small groups get to include prayer requests with their attendance and that is why we use this program. That is the main reason! We also like that our users don't need to remember another username and password.

Cons

It looks and functions like it is from the early 2000s. It is 15 years behind others like Planning Center etc.

Prayer email

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Attendance, prayer, and notes email and to make one small groups database. Group finder.

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Joel, I'm really slow responding to this. Thanks for taking the time to do the review. I just looked into your account and you guys are still using the old Role-based system, no wonder it seems way behind. You have to make the switch to see the home page dashboard and other functionality! We love serving you guys and would love to have another conversation if you want to see our broader functionality. Blessings, Boyd

Jon

Best Church Management Software

CT support is always super fast and they always have the solution right at their fingertips. Their knowledgebase almost always has exactly what I need, and when it hasn't, my email requests for help are answered lightning fast. I am always paying less per year than I expect to, and they constantly make the service better without jacking up my costs. I wouldn't even consider making a change.

Pros

ChurchTeams facilitates communication better than any any CMS I've ever seen (and lets be honest - It's all about communication). They have an amazing email editor that you can use to create and send amazing looking email (as good or better than MailChimp), create email templates, and saved emails for sending using automation. They offer text-to-church and text-to-church functionality that makes giving and inbound communication a cinch. This software makes this solo pastor look like he has a first rate administrative team!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I don't like, have complained about in the past, or wish I had that they don't already offer. This software meets more needs that I currently have.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Super high quality and functionality - a price tag I could handle - expandable database based o the size of church, not about of functionality used (CC processing excepted) - tools designed to help me get stuff done and communicate well.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

I was using a custom designed CMS that used the FileMaker platform, and before that, some other system that kept data (like a phonebook) but both really didn't do much more than enable data entry, print labels, or export data for a mail merge. If I wanted higher function, I had to pay a great deal more and it just wasn't worth it. ChurchTeams hit every mark and more for me, and I've never looked back.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Jon. It's a privilege to be part of your team!!

lynda

Excellent product

Pros

This product allowed us to switch to a church management system with integrated donation management and gave us the freedom to use it in our own way rather than enforcing the tool's idea of how a church should be managed. We don't take attendance and we haven't done any sort of donation tracking (tithes or pledges), just the tracking needed for a donation report for a tax return. It also allowed us to keep our existing website.

Cons

The user interface on the admin side gives you access to all of your data for filtering and sorting but because it is so flexible, it was a bit intimidating for non-technical office staff. This was mitigated by the series of training videos and availability of webinars.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

We chose Churchteams because it offered a broad set of features and functions at a competitive price. The texting and online giving features were two of the primary deciding factors and have been very useful and convenient especially as we went all remote everything during the lockdowns. Another factor was that we had access to all of our data which was important, as we had tried another option where the reporting was based on what they thought we would need rather than what we actually needed. It is a bit intimidating at first to have SO many options for reporting, but worth it to learn the system. We have found the support team, including the online training videos and webinars to be very helpful.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Wanted to integrate online donations and give online access to member information to the pastors and staff.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for the great review, Lynda. Did you guys use Saved, Me Card (Favorites), and Automated reporting features once you had the reports you needed? Those are hugely helpful for ongoing ease of use. Blessings to you.

Sue

April 2022

The Good, The Bad, and the Not So Ugly!

Overall I have been very happy with CT. Most of the problems I encounter are people problems, not problems with the software. Your customer service is extremely good.

Pros

I am responsible for all the Accounts Receivable in our Church. CT has made the part of my job very easy. It is very simple to enter information as well as make necessary changes. The end of year giving process is very nice and I particularly love the webinars you have each year to go over that process. It really helps to refresh me on what to do as well as go over any features I might have missed or that are new. The feature that has brought me the most happiness was to add check recording/storage to CT when using a scanner. Thank you for that. I really have benefited from your webinars. Those have been the most helpful tool I have used.

Cons

Other than the Financial permissions, there does not seem to be a lot of difference between the different levels. Having people update their own information has been a challenge. Because they do not understand how databases work they end up changing their contact information when it has not been changed. I also wish it was harder for people to create new records for themselves as a couple instead of an individual. For example: Instead of entering "John Smith" then "Sue Smith" they will enter "John and Sue" as the first name and "Smith" as the last name. Then I have to go in and separate, then merge them. I'm sure this is not specific to CT but to databases in general.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Price, features, the online check in, online giving, text to register and give. The idea of creating workflows to better assimilate new people, or those that are not really involved.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We had an expired version of SK, and therefore we had no support. Several of our pastors were at a conference and Churchteams was introduced. They were very impressed and knowing that we needed to upgrade they decided to go with CT.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Sue, for this nice review. I'm going to bounce the "John and Sue" issue off our dev team for their consideration.

Kara

Fantastic product, fantastic team

Our team is genuinely excited to learn how to use this product. So many of our staff were simply fed up with the former system and many were outsourcing various functions to other products because they system was simply not user friendly. That becomes a nightmare for trying to compile usable data on a holistic level, which is NECESSARY to assess the health of the body, the ministries, or any parishioner in a church our size. And, again, the Churchteams team is beyond compare.

Pros

The ease of use is the top of the list of what I like most about Churchteams. It's simple, but so powerful. It's also one of the most affordable options and the customer service has been exemplary. Executive has been with us every step of the way, Executives are always available to answer questions and their help and expertise with the data conversion was priceless. Our team is actually excited to use it and they are learning quickly how to navigate everything.

Cons

Honestly the only drawbacks in my opinion are relate to the search function as it relates to our former product. We have a large congregation and a LOT of records. In our former ChMS (the one that must not be named - if you've used it you know exactly which one I'm talking about) we could search by partial first AND partial last name simultaneously. In Churchteams regardless of whether you're doing a people search or a merge or whatever it is, it will search as you type, but it will only search one partial name at a time. It's an inconvenience at worst, but it is something I hope they consider implementing in the future because it really does help immensely with you have, for example, nearly 500 Smiths in the database.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

I spent MONTHS comparing the options I listed. Rock RMS was at the top of my list because of it's functionality and flexibility and the heart behind its development... until I learned about Churchteams. Churchteams offers all of that and won out because of the dedicated staff, data conversion, cost, and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We used FellowshipOne for about 8 years. Within the past year, F1 was finally updating some of its functions, but it seemed they were more concerned with the appearance than the usability. Churchteams is easier, to use, everybit as flexible and powerful, and WAY less expensive.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Kara, for this really nice review. We look forward to Pathway thriving with Churchteams!

Replied October 2019

Rick

The Best Overall Program

Previously, we had a very simple church management system that did not meet even half of our needs. Church Teams has revolutionize the way we run our office, and all of our ministries and outreach. What’s more, they respond to questions quickly, and they take suggestions very seriously as we’ve seen updates and improvements reflect our requests from the field. We LOVE ChurchTeams and highly recommend!

Pros

Church Teams covers every area of software and programming that our church could ever imagine needing. From security and children’s check-in to data management, giving, small groups, volunteer scheduling, and event registration, anyone we introduce it to comments on how easy it is to use.

Cons

Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Functionality for the price and customer service. We did multiple test prior to purchasing to check response time and friendliness.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

More versatility and better value

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Rick, for this great review. To hear the word, "revolutionize" is so encouraging.

Replied September 2019

Rodney

Industry: Computer Networking

Churchteams database

Pros

The ease of use and the aggregation of data that allows us to have what we need at our fingertips.

Cons

Only negative to me is that with online giving and text to give, a physical address needs to be required when first setting up the account. We send a follow up email the the giver requesting the info but that doesnt always work in practice. It would make it easier if we had the physical address from the get go available for giving statements at the end of the year.

Reasons for choosing Churchteams

Ease of use and a great all in one package.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

It had become too convoluted and customer support was poor. They didn't know enough about their own software to supply adequate answers to questions that arose.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Rodney. I know that our online giving doesn't require the physical address any longer, so maybe there is something unique you are doing there. Plus, we email statements so that you wouldn't have to have a physical address at all even for guest givers. I really appreciate you taking a few minutes to do this review. We love serving you guys. Boyd

Replied September 2019