• icon"It is pretty easy to use and was most cost effective software that is geared for churches."
  • icon"I love that it is affordable. I love that we can keep track of our membership."
  • icon"Ease of Use and the support is very good. They work with you until the problem is solved and you are satisfied."
  • icon"If Churchtrac could up grade this part of their program we could drop one more program we pay for."
  • icon"The accounting software our administrative assistant used was a constant source of frustration and a money pit."
  • icon"The use of the tags has made the information more confusing. It has been difficult to navigate, but I am working on it."

Browse all ChurchTrac Reviews

• Have you used ChurchTrac and would like to share your experience with others?

Dennis

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Affordable tracking

Great Product... will grow with your church - Used at a previous church and just got for new church

Pros

If you are a small church that needs a good online database that doesn't break the bank, this is it. There are numerous features that you can choose what fits your particular ministry and have everything in one area... instead of needing 4-5 different programs to do it all. One of the best things is that you can add more and more names and then simply pay to upgrade to the next level as your church grows, so you don't have to waste money for a database of 1,000 if you only have 70 in your church currently! But (hopefully) as your church grows, you will have the finances to have the program expand with you. I also enjoy ChurchTrac as a pastor, because I can log in on my phone or iPad from wherever I am making a visit to add notes about the visit. We have also added multiple volunteers users who want to help make visits, send cards, make phone calls, etc who can add notes when they do so; there are great restriction capabilities available, so I can allow volunteers access to these note areas without allowing them access to giving records or more confidential pastoral counseling notes. We have also integrated this into our children's ministry/nursery area and purchased a Dymo label printer to give each child a name badge upon check in with emergency phone numbers and allergy warnings. Finally, the congregation access is awesome, so everyone can update their own information or get their own giving records whenever they would like to check!

Cons

A few of the reporting features are somewhat limited and not able to be as customized as I would like, but this is such a minor issue compared to all the Pros that it's hardly worth mentioning... but it was a required field so I had to come up with something. I did have an issue when I wanted to add more volunteer users, but it was fixed within an hour of opening the ticket due to their AMAZING customer service!

Satisfied Customer

Pros

Management of volunteers, organizing an event, setting up location and order of the event are very important. All these features are available for an unbeatable price.

Cons

I don't see much of a use for the dashboard

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

User friendly and most affordable. Church Trac has an amazing support system.

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

I found Planning Center not user friendly and too expensive.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the 5-star review, Michael. We're so glad that you're enjoying the software and have found it to be user-friendly, most affordable, and with amazing support. Those are actually 3 of our core values :-) Be blessed!

DEMETRA

Industry: Fund-Raising

Admin Assistant

I am not since i have been locked out. i feel information would be helpful, it i could pull it easily and print. I don't like not being able to speak with someone or at lease have them look a my information.

Pros

I can pull and print reports of the information I put in.

Cons

I liked the previous package better -- it was user friendly. This package is not easily walked thru to pull reports and input the information as the previous package. Someone has changed my login and password - there is not a way to speak with anyone for help! The steps provided did not work. I have been locked out all week and now starting another week. I am disgusted!

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

It we something we used and we did not realize so much had changed with the new software.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

As it turns out, this customer had a malware infection on her computer that prevented her from accessing her account. Whenever she visited a website, a popup would say that her computer failed a security check, and told her to call a toll free number answered by a person in India. This is a common scam that all internet users should be aware of....if you cannot access websites or accounts that you normally visit because they are being blocked by a popup, DO NOT call any numbers that are displayed on your screen in the popup. And absolutely DO NOT give anyone your personal information out to criminals who are posing as experts to help you fix your computer. Instead, reach out to the company or account directly to ask for assistance (use a different, un-infected computer to look up the number if necessary). In this case, we were able to help her disconnect her computer from the internet until the malware is removed by a qualified professional.

Replied March 2020

Dwayne

September 2022

ChurchTrac is an excellent product

I have used Churchtrac since its initial version, and have had the opportunity to see its growth and inclusion of more dynamic and effective features. It is a comprehensive software designed for churches with a real understanding of the various needs - you can see that in the design. I am very happy to have discovered the software as it is affordable, as it is effective. Everything from one central dashboard, to audit trails, a fund accounting framework, member communication, notes, and processes got me sold.

Pros

The software is choc full of features: the SMS messaging integration, form letters, accounting dashboard, and the connect page are wins for the software. What stands out most though is its portability - you can use it anywhere.

Cons

I had some trouble figuring out the new worship/scheduling module.

Affordability

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

Planning Center was a bit too expensive, but still a very effective tool.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the 5-star review, Dwayne. We're so glad that you're enjoying all the features. From accounting to worship planning we've got you covered. Be blessed!

Cindy

November 2022

Churchtrac is a great addition to your church.

Pros

Churchtrac is very user friendly. Customer service is amazing! They truly want you to succeed. The videos provided are very thorough and cover every question I have had so far. They are super quick to respond when you turn in a help ticket.

Cons

Downloading in QFX format was new to me but once we figured it out it was no problem.

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

We chose Churchtrac mainly because everything we needed was in one program and the cost was amazing.

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

Cost of Aplos was what made us start looking for another program.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you for the 5-star review, Cindy. We're so glad that you've found the software easy to use and have great support to go along with it. Don't forget to check out some of our other great features like Mass SMS, Email, Church Connect, and more. Blessings!

Tawanna

October 2022

Thank God for Churchtrac!

The product is an exceptional value and provides our small congregation with a platform that we would not be able to normally afford. From the beginning, Churchtrac has been true to their mission and have consistently introduced new features accompanied by quality support. Because of Churchtrac, we had a familiar platform to help us maintain communication with our members and supporters during the COVID-19 pandemic. Using the Connect feature allowed us to be accessible to them and to others. As the congregational leader, having Churchtrac has part of our minstry gives me more confidence when casting vision, developing plans, and making operational decisions. Whether I am moved by the Holy Spirit at 2am or someone brings something to my attention at 2pm, Churchtrac is just a series of keystrokes and clicks away.

Pros

What I like most about Churchtrac is it's value. I don't know of another "Church" platform that offers the features and the consistent platform development they offer for the price point.

Cons

Churchtrac is a bit "clunckie" and has a learning curve. But Churchtrac's support provides step-by-step instructions and is responsive when the videos and documentation aren't enough.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Tawanna. One of our core values is affordability :-) Please reach out via a support ticket and give us some more feedback on what you meant by "clunckie". Our devs are always pushing up changes to ensure that our software is fast and easy to use. Can't wait to hear back. Blessings!

JoAnna

Church Trac Review

Pros

The software is user-friendly and instructions are clear to learn and implement the new features. Our church especially likes the worship planning/scheduling aspect and that online giving, attendee management, and financial accounting are all integrated into one platform. Having all of our information available in one place is a great streamline.

Cons

It would be nice if each organization had the option to change some of the default settings to our most used selection. It would allow us not to have misentered information or save the step of having to change a drop-down every time. (ex. the default for new people entry is always member, where as a prospect or regular attended would be a better default for us, as membership usually comes later).

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the 5-star review, JoAnna! We're so glad you're enjoying the software. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any help!

Karen

User Friendly

Overall experience on my end has been fantastic.

Pros

First and foremost love that it is user friendly. We can manage our website, accounting, attendance with just a few clicks. The training videos help bring new staff up to speed quickly, and the ChurchTrac team shares top quality resources (Canva Pro, etc.).

Cons

Our Music Minister is more knowledgeable on a different platform for his needs, and has stated that ChurchTrac is more complicated and doesn't allow large uploads of music etc.

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

ChurchTrac was chosen for our church before I came onboard.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you for the 5-star review, Karen. We're so glad that you've found the software to be user-friendly. We will keep posting more resources to come. Be sure to join our FB group as well. Such a great community there :-) https://www.facebook.com/groups/churchtrac Keep Building the body of Christ!

Tim

Best "For the Money" System I have used or investigated

Has made a huge difference in how we track things financially, which has been critical post-COVID and now with the recession looming

Pros

Ease of use, membership, budgeting, process set up for things like bereavement ministry, etc

Cons

Haven't really seen anything that I don't like. There are a few minor things that would be enhancements, but nothing of consequence

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

Price point and functionality was best match for our church and its ministries

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the 5-star review, Tim. We're so glad that you're enjoying the software! Can you do us a favor? Create a feature request support ticket and let us know those minor enhancements you are thinking of. After all, we make ChurchTrac for you... not us. Blessings!

Richard

Great for all Churches, Fantastic for small churches

Pros

Easy to useGreat reportsExcellent support although seldom neededHas everything a church needs.

Cons

Absolutely nothing and have used now for 10 years

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

Make accounting and information tracking simple.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Richard. We are so honored to be able to serve you and your ministry! You've seen ChurchTrac change a lot over the past 10 years (in a good way). Here's to another 10 years of helping EQUIP your church to build the body of Christ!

April

July 2022

Wow! Excellent, incredibly affordable software for the mainline micro-church

Amazing experience so far. ChurchTrac is going to be such a huge help to us as we transition into whatever-is-next for our ministry. It really has been a wonderful thing for me as preacher, administrative assistant, worship planner, and chief bottle-washer to be able to enter info and know where it is and how to access it.

Pros

ChurchTrac is obviously designed to assist larger congregations, but it is incredibly versatile for our small church. We were driven to find a database program by our need for accounting and budgeting software. Even if that was all ChurchTrac provided, it would be worth the cost for our little congregation. But the member management platform, the event and scheduling features, the calendaring options, and the Connect app have absolutely blown us away! It is SO intuitive, so easy to use, with a very reasonable investment of time. I've seen other church database programs that are five or six times as expensive (or more!) as ChurchTrac with less features and a much steeper learning curve. The introductory instruction and on-boarding tools are thorough and easily navigable. They offer free import of previous data which is just astonishingly generous. Their free introductory webinar is very, very helpful. I had been using the program for a month and still learned a lot. And the customer support is just incredible. Their help topics are vast and diverse and the team responds almost immediately to other questions not covered in the help topic library. I've no sense that they've prioritized other users with larger accounts over me, either. Every communication has been warm, personal, timely, and has resolved any issue I've had.

Cons

I wish I could more easily use the Worship Planning tools as a small, mainline church with a traditional hymnal. It's not a big deal, because, as I said elsewhere, we purchased this program for the accounting and budgeting program. But I do sort of wistfully wish I could use it, too. I would like to use some of the communication tools with ChurchTrac without it costing us more. We have 25 average attendance on Sunday and with 30 giving units and an electronic newsletter with 72 contacts on Mailchimp. Using that integration would bump our "people count" up to right near the 125 mark which means we would pay more. And right now, every penny is precious, and we need that buffer to communicate with potential attendees. So - there's a bit of a learning curve there that I've not yet conquered. Also - and this is not a con- but a potential future offering - lots of pastors have to save receipts, track mileage, create expense reports, etc. THAT added to ChurchTrac would be a HUGE gift to me.

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

SOOOO much less expensive and the breadth of ChurchTrac's software is comprehensive

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

ChurchTrac makes the products we used on Tithely redundant.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Hi April! Thank you soo much for the kind words and the 5-star review. We're so glad that ChurchTrac has helped you and your ministry. We love helping equip churches of ALL sizes. Please schedule a phone call and ask for Wes. He can walk you through how to use the software to plan worship using traditional hymnals. It's actually pretty easy (and will make your life much easier). Talk soon. Be blessed!

Replied July 2022

Denita

Church Management software at it's best!

I am a happy Customer and a true advocate. You can keep Customers happy by delivering value or you can make happy Customers. There is a difference! Customers who you need to keep happy are dependent on the company cranking out new features. When they stop seeing value, they become unhappy. I am happy in spite of the fact that every feature doesn't work exactly the way I'd want it to. It would be selfish to think they built it for me! I'm happy because I know behind the product is a team that cares. I am happy because I know I am heard. I have feature requests that may never be delivered and that's ok! It's not about the features but about the overall value it has afforded my ministry. I am still a happy Customer because I stand by the mission and vision of the tool and understand it's impact on my ministry and ultimately others. I realize we have purchased a tool but it has become a core resource for how we do ministry effectively. Keep up the great work team!

Pros

I looked into accounting software for my church and found ChurchTrac. After testing it for 30 days, I was sold. The accounting features are top notch and are exactly what we need for my congregation. It's intuitive and fun to use!

Cons

There are some features that could be fleshed out a bit but nothing that is truly a CON. :)

I detest manual work!

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the 5-star review, Denita. We also detest manual work! We're glad that the software has simplified your work and saved you lots of time. As always, don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need any help. We're here for you! Be blessed :-)

Replied January 2022

Greg

We Love ChurchTrac

I'm the pastor of a small church and needed help with the administration, accounting and budget work. I obviously wanted to go with a software based option. A "Google" search revealed ChurchTrac and it appeared to be a good price. It was certainly competitively priced. ChurchTrac was been an amazing tool for our church. It provides our church with everything we need and even more. There are a lot of features we hope to use as we grow. Accounting and budgeting related work is easily tracked. At any moment I can report in detail to the congregation on these matters. ChurchTrac is so user-friendly, but they also offer helpful technical support if needed.

Pros

We really love the accounting and budget features in ChurchTrac. I began using ChurchTrac specifically for this function, but soon realized it was also a great way to track people and attendance. It's difficult to say what I like most, but I do love the new Church Connect feature. Basically our church has an app now. Members can login and update their own information. It might seem like a small thing, but I'm excited about the fact that members can login and see their own giving. They can literally download the giving report weI generate for tax purposes. We are loving the new features. Oh, and "bulk emailing" options. We definitely hope to use this function more.

Cons

ChurchTrac continues to improve and evolve so we haven't used every feature yet. Honestly, I really can't think of anything we don't like. Of course, I don't really have much experience with other products for a comparison. The church was using "Churchsoft" before I became the pastor and I found it very difficult to use. ChurchTrac seems so simple and we love it.

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

It seemed like a good price for the product and I liked the name, "ChurchTrac."

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

Churchsoft seemed very difficult to use. In my opinion, it was certainly not what you would call "user-friendly."

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you for the 5-star review, Greg! We're glad to hear that the software is helping you and your ministry. As always, feel free to reach out to us for help anytime. Be blessed!

Replied September 2021

Pam

Love this software! Perfect for smaller churches

This program has been a time saver and I actually enjoy working in it throughout the day.

Pros

Integration was very easy. I did a data dump of my old program in ShelbyNext and sent the file to customer service at ChurchTrac and they took care of uploading it into ChurchTrac for me. The ChurchTrac customer service is amazing!! They always respond within minutes of me opening a ticket and make sure they follow through to completion. The software is very easy to use and I love that most of the member's information is on one screen so I'm not having to bounce around looking for information. I also using the giving module and it is very easy to enter. I love everything about this program and can't say enough good things about it. The other program we were using was not user friendly at all. I love that ChurchTrac was created by pastors because they really understand what information churches need to track. I've worked at 3 different churches and used multiple systems and this is by far my favorite and easiest to use so far.

Cons

The only thing that I could see needs improvement is the reports. They are very basic and don't really look polished. My biggest problem with the reports is printing a church directory and not really being able to manipulate what information I want to include or not. Most times when I run reports I export it to CSV so I can resort and reformat it to how we like it. I wish I didn't have to do that. But they are adequate.

Reasons for switching to ChurchTrac

ShelbyNext did not meet our needs. It was not user friendly and we had a hard time getting accurate reports from the system. It was also 6 to 7 times more expensive than what we're paying for ChurchTrac now. I think ShelbyNext was meant for very large churches.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thanks for the kind words, Pam. We're always working hard to add great features that are always easy to use. Anytime you need help, we're here for you!

Replied March 2021

Lisa

Love using ChurchTrac!

I think being able to email to the entire congregation, enter accounting, giving and child check in, it just makes it the best program and user friendly!

Pros

I really like that everything is in one place. You can track attendance, membership database, accounting, giving, etc. When I started using ChurchTrac it was a desk top program. Not online. But everything transferred over and was even better than before! I have worked for the church almost 6 years and I have ChurchTrac open all day as I am working! We just recently started using the Child Check In and that works fabulous! I have spent countless hours on the phone and thru email with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she is the best tech support and I would highly recommend anyone that is new and is struggling with the program to reach to her!

Cons

I don't there is anything that I don't really like about it. You can create reports for almost anything, you just have to learn how to use the program.

Reasons for choosing ChurchTrac

Even though when I was church secretary prior to the church where I am currently employed, I had used Servant Keeper. We checked into Servant Keeper when I first began my employment, because they had no church management software, but it was alot more expensive than ChurchTrac. And it also had several more features.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Thank you for the kind words Lisa! We're so glad that ChurchTrac has been such a help to your ministry for so many years. Here's to many more years to come :-)

Replied November 2020

Deb

New improvements are AMAZING!

I feel my records are more accurate.

Pros

ChurchTrac recently started to automatically import online giving from Stripe to my register on the day the donation was given, plus shows the date in my register when the payment clears the bank. Oh, and the Stripe fees are shown as well with each transaction. This will save me so much time and reduce my own errors. Plus reconciliation of my accounts is so easy. It has cut down my time that I spent on month end procedures. The online help topics, online webinars and videos are very helpful. I must say, too, how wonderful the support people are! I'm doing this job for my church with a very limited financial/accounting background. Whenever I had a question, they answer quickly and continue to help me until I get my issue resolved.

Cons

I had used the free ChurchTrac 9 program (about 2 years) and thought it would be an easy switch to the online version. However, I was thrown for a loop because I was also learning the online giving parts/pieces in addition to the newer software. Some things were not intuitive for me, but it could be that I was overwhelmed in trying to get everything underway in a short time, plus finance/accountin