• Pros

• "The software is super user friendly. I never have to spend time waiting for it to boot up or change screens. It makes my job as bookkeeper super simple and efficient."

• "It is user friendly and it gives me the freedom to work anywhere. The customer service is excellent."

• "I love the customer service- people I call are always incredibly helpful, patient, and friendly. Really love that I always have access to support when I need it."

• Cons

• "I do not care for the new look of the user interface; I think the custom report feature, though very good, is a little restrictive."

• "I wish there was more graphing abilities & that there was a way to process payroll through it as well as W2's."

• "When you do something wrong, I think it can at times be a bit confusing in how to fix it. Some times I need to be "walked" through the steps."

Browse IconCMO Reviews

Vania from Creative Cottage

IconCMO ROCKS

I have been working with IconCMO since 2006 and I recommend it to any church that needs to keep their financial records in order. Upon my recommend my mothers church has adopted IconCMO and is appreciating the ease of use especially since theyve had to deal with using a temporary as they fill their financial officer position. This has saved them countless hours of work when the new person started so they didnt have to do any research or catching up of financial entries that needed to be made. This year our church started a building campaign and IconCMO has helped us in monitoring, planning and providing reports which are needed by bankers, leasing agents and government agencies. We are so thankful to have this software as we plan and grow.

Pros

I have used IconCMO since 2006. The main function we use is to keep all the financial records for offerings and paying of bills. I love the ease of use when a question comes up about an expenditure. Its very easy for me to find the details and report on the question in a timely manner. I also appreciate the quarterly and year end statements. I have hundreds of statements to send out but the majority of my time is spent stuffing the envelopes because printing the statements is quick.

Cons

I would love it if the alternate address when used, would show up in reports and on the contribution entry page. Thankfully it is used on the statements.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the awesome review, Vania! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful for your business over the years.

Jodi from St. Nicholas Church

Over 13 years with ICON

Pros

We have been using ICON for over 13 years, I personally have been using the software for 8 years. We have only purchased the membership and contributions no other accounting software. What I liked about ICON is the many options to create groups and talents of the membership. You are able to sort, export groups, and print labels many functions. The database for the households and each member you are able to track birthdays, baptisms, First holy communion, and marriages and so much more on each member. On both households and members you have many report options to print or view. The Archives love this option, a member is never truly deleted. We have had members move away for years then return to the parish. I always look in the archives to see what information we had on them and un-archive the member back to active status then update the information. The contributions are easy to enter, type a envelope and the amount pretty much that easy to record the tithing of parishioners. The email function in so many places you can email the membership and it records the email so can reference the message later. Overall we are very pleased with the ICON.

Cons

One of my biggest complaints and it sounds very minor but we use a lot of groups. We have groups for households and groups for members. When you select a household then more information you can see the groups the household is part of. My biggest complaints is I can not add or delete a group from that household at that point. I need to go to the group sidebar - manage group to make changes for a household. However this function is available when you are in the member information, you can add or delete groups from the individual.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Jodi. We appreciate your input! I'll pass your suggestion about adding/removing people to/from household groups along to our developers for consideration. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions, recommendations, or issues you run into down the road. IconCMO is evolving every day and much of our product development is based on feedback from users like you. Have an awesome day!

Caryn from Shiloh Baptist Church of Lorton, Virginia

Icon & SBC

We have been using Icon since 2015 and have been happy with the product. Over the years, have used more functionality of the software.

Pros

I like that the software is web based and customer support is excellent. The tutorials are easy to follow.

Cons

Icon doesn't always function according to normal accounting practices. Some upgrades/functionality changes takes a while. Waiting for Icon to upgrade functionality so can correct an amount without having to void or delete the entry.

Ellen from Detroit Lakes United Methodist Church

Great product, Great support

Very good. From the onset of using this software, I found it easy to navigate and easy to get answers to any questions I have had.

Pros

I find this software very easy to use for the most part. If I have a problem, the support is amazing and fast. Overall, the software is so easy to use and understand that I can catch on pretty easily.

Cons

The updates sometimes seem to be numerous and hard to keep up with. The look changes every now and then and I have a learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing IconCMO

Seemed easy to use, support was there if needed.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback. We're happy to have you as a customer. Please call if you ever have questions regarding any of the updates - we're here to help!

Stasia from New Disciples of Cedar Rapids

mixed - relatively easy on the simple things, complicated on things that don't need to be

We appreciate that this software doesn't require computer expertise to run. We also appreciate the integration of our membership records with financial so that we can keep all things in one place. It also works well with a volunteer run congregation - people can access records from home with a personal sign-in that gives them access to only the data they should have access to. It does need better integration though of the minor items like homebound visit records showing up under the member's individual record. And an improved search capability would be nice.

Pros

My favorite thing about ICON is that we can record visits with members. We also appreciate that it integrates membership data with financial so that all of our record keeping is in one place. The cloud is great because our volunteers can access it from their homes. I like that I can add significant dates like baptism & confession of faith. I like that I can access it from my phone. I appreciate that we can attach photos to names. The best part is that we can give out different passwords with different levels of access,.

Cons

I find printing the reports I want to print difficult. It would be nice to have better search features - so that I could search for anyone who was baptized on a certain date. Or I could search for people with a certain spiritual gift. It is also hard to create different types of connections between members - I wish there was a way you could connect extended family without making them a household. The financial set-up is confusing to people who do finances for a living. I also wish that we always had access to an empty example that we can use for discussion and training without having to sign in to real data to do this. Also the turn-over of fiscal year might be nice if this could be done by multiple type of users.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Stasia. We appreciate your feedback! Please give us a call. We can definitely hook you up with a demo account so you can try things out.

Steve from All Saints Lutheran Church

ICON Has Been A Blessing

We were users of Logos for ten years. After they were bought out their customer service really declined and then they went downhill from that. We found out they were going out of business on a text support call. The customer service team never got in touch with us. When we finally sorted things out we were faced with grossly higher costs and a costly paid data transition. We began a new evaluation process and selected ICON as it met our needs at a very good price point. We upgraded from an old, thick client system that was cumbersome to a fantastic web based set of tools. The data transition was simple and we had a great experience getting started with ICON. We love the functionality and reporting.

Pros

The software is built with intuitive and simple to use graphical user interfaces (GUI). The layout of the GUI are well thought out and make the user experience pleasant and simple. The ability to move seamlessly between them heightens the experience. Whether it is managing families, people, giving or accounting functions, ICON has been a great upgrade for us from our prior software.

Cons

There are a few layout issues where the experience could be improved. The good news is that when we mention them the ICON Team listens and we have already seen improvements in the short time we have aubscribed.

Reasons for Choosing IconCMO

We liked the functionality and direct interface to accounting. We did not want a package that had to also have Quick Books. We preferred a more seamless approach. He other options with accounting offered no better functionality at a higher price. The responsiveness of the other software teams also left something to be desired. All in all, we got the functionality we needed at a fair price with a helpful team. What more could we ask for?

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Steve! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you on board with IconCMO.

Carma from Anchorage Unitarian Universalist Fellowship

Icon has helped our church grow without a headache

I was not involved in choosing the software, but I was involved early on as we started using it. I found it to be fairly intuitive especially for people with any database management background. As a volunteer, my involvement has varied in intensity depending on need and my availability and I find I can jump right in again after being away for a while. Icon and Vanco have both been very accessible for technical assistance. Our church has benefited a lot from this system.

Pros

I like that any number of members of our church can access the system at any time, from any computer. No application download is necessary, just an internet connection. I like that it incorporates donor information with donations - links with the credit card company. I like that things that matter are customizable, like fiscal year of donation, fiscal year start and end dates, families with multiple last names. I love the searchable Q&As, I have often found quick answers to my questions through that. I like the directory ap which we have just started using. I like that icon is always making improvements without making changes that change the functionality in a bad way, or a way that requires retraining.

Cons

I don't find the canned graphs to be what I want, but since the data is easily downloaded I have made good use of excel and access to create what I want. I know there is a reporting module, but it is easier for me to use programs I already know. The attendance module has not been helpful to us, it is too cumbersome to identify attendance of individuals, we track attendance by raw numbers. This is more easily done for us separately in something like excel. Both a pro and a con - where the date ranges are customizable (which is a definite 'pro', they don't 'stick' when choosing a new fund or fiscal year or certain other choices, so they must be entered in again if the wrong sequence is used. Not a big deal, just an inconvenience. I wish there were a place for notes associated with the pledge page - to note specifics about household pledges if needed without having to go back to the household page for notes, also as sometimes $ notes are more confidential. I have not yet found where text input by the donor in Vanco webservices transfers to icon. I don't think it does and I wish it did. These are all minor 'cons', more like suggestions for future improvements.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Carma! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. Stay tuned! We are working on some updates to the graphs. :) Also, there is a place to record a head count in the general attendance module. Please give us a call at (218) 236-1899 and we'll be happy to show you how.

Josiah from Fletcher Memorial Baptist Church

Great All-In-One Management Software

We are able to handle weekly contributions that are taken up during services as well as have the ability to import our online giving through Vanco seamlessly. We can manage all of our payables and print reports on demand. Payroll setup is easy, as is the members and groups portion of the software. I like that it is online so I can manage things if I have to be out of town or away from my office computer.

Pros

Everything is in one place so we can track our attendance, manage membership, pay bills, receive contributions including online giving, and manage employees and handle their payroll. They have made improvements to the user screens to make processes more intuitive and streamlined so less windows have to be opened up within the screen.

Cons

I was less familiar with double entry accounting so it took a little bit of getting used to after having worked exclusively with QuickBooks prior to being employed here.

Reasons for Choosing IconCMO

ICON seemed to be the most thorough, offering all the services we needed within the same online software. No software to install on the computer, and no forgetting to do memory backups.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Josiah! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Karen from New Harvest Church

IconCMO

Our buisness has enjoyed our experience. Having one central location for all types of administrative/client information is helpful and that each person on staff can access that information is key.

Pros

I like that this software is a hub for all of the things our business needs. It is easy to use because of the way each area is categorized. It is also easy to update information. Multiple log-ins allow each staff person access and I can take this software on the go, too, which is important in today's fast-paced world.

Cons

It took some time to be come familiar with the layout and how to access the information you are looking for.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Pastor Karen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Good for my church

The membership component interfaces easily with the contributions component. I hoped to use the groups component but that has not come to pass.

Pros

It is very easy to get started with this software. And support is relatively easy. As admin, I could easily establish users for the system.

Cons

Support is iffy. It depends on users to answer the questions for MANY questions. I would prefer to learn from those who set up the program.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write the review and value your feedback. We have a support staff that would love to provide additional training or answer any questions you have regarding the system. I'll include a link to our training calendar as well as additional resources. Support number - 218-236-1899 Training calendar -https://meetings.hubspot.com/carrie47 Blog 7 ways to get help with Icon - https://www.iconcmo.com/blog/2019/08/13/7-ways-to-get-help-with-iconcmo/ Email - Support@iconcmo.com

Dottie from First Presbyterian Church of Annapolis

One stop shopping

Quickbooks does not allow for designated gifts to be held across fiscal years without naming them liabilities. That makes for confusion in reporting because you may have a starting balance of $0, get in donations of $1000, send a check to, say, a food pantry of $1000 and have an ending balance of $0. In reporting it looks like nothing at all happened. Not so with IconCMO where a fund can be set up and the ins and outs are reported clearly. IconCMO has added transparency to reporting. Having all systems tied together has reduced workload on both treasurer and secretary.

Pros

Integration of all systems is great. I used to use Quickbooks, Revelations and Excel to do what this does in one. The Vanco tie in is extremely helpful as well. The ability to work within funds has been good once I understood fund accounting better. Definitely designed for the non-profit in mind, unlike QB. Cloud-based is very helpful to me, giving me the opportunity to work from home somewhat, and for the pastors to access the directory and to enter visitation notes remotely. Many parishioners appreciate the ability to see their giving online and to receive statements via email.

Cons

The learning curve is huge. Most church treasurers typically do not have an in depth accounting background, are often a department of one (no team to consult with/learn from) and learning this takes time. The videos are somewhat helpful, but more personalized training would be fabulous. The expectations of this church as far as separation of funds go are high and it requires a lot of processes to maintain them reasonably. I have asked why there cannot be "sub-funds" (as in separated named memorials under a larger memorials fund) and was told that it was not up to GAAP. I don't see why John Doe's memorial would have different tax implications than Jane Doe's if they were separate funds or lumped together. That makes for many journal entries to keep records and reporting the way our memorial committee wants. Same for missions/youth/building etc. Also, searching the help section results in way too many hits that have nothing to do with the questions to which I need answers. I rarely if ever use that function anymore.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Dottie! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. P.S. We're currently working on clearing out some of the old posts in the support forum. Hopefully that'll make it easier for you to use.

Marlene from Trinity Lutheran Church

Using ICON for church membership

Overall it has been a good experience. The times that I have needed to call for help, I have had my questions answered. It is nice that it is cloud/internet based so that if I am off-site and need to do something/find something in the database, I am able to access it.

Pros

With this software we are able to keep track of our members -- current and past. It is nice to be able to archive member information if they have passed away or transferred, it becomes a historical record. We are able to create reports and various groups based on our needs. For example, we have a group for those we mail bulletins to and for certain age groups for children. We are also able to create reports based on giving records; these records do not have to show personal information, the information can be data only.

Cons

I find there are a couple fields in the member info that it seems like if I fill it out once, it should transfer to the smiliar field in another view, but it does not so we then need to fill it in/update it twice. For example, it would be nice if it would automatically pick up the 2 adult members from a household and make those the household name, but it does not, it only lists the name selected as "head of household." It is sometimes hard to find answers in the help section, it appears to be mainly questions others have asked, so sometimes the answers are out-of-date because parts of the software have changed/been updated.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Marlene! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. When you create a new household, the system will automatically take the household name and create the family member record(s) for the head(s) of household. It's possible this setting was turned off on your account. Please give me a call at (218) 236-1899 and we'll take a look. We hear you--we're currently working on cleaning outdated and irrelevant posts from the support forum so it's easier to find the help you're looking for.

Cynthia from Unitarian Congregation of West Chester

Good experience with IconCMO

Pros

Without a doubt, IconCMO's customer service is the best I've encountered. Weve always found them willing to take time, very knowledgeable and friendly, easy to contact by phone or email, and incredibly responsive. If they cant answer our question immediately, they get back quickly, almost always that day. They even willingly consider suggestions and have made multiple enhancements to help solve our needs. IconCMO is web based so we can use it wherever theres an internet connection. They allow an unlimited number of users, even at the same time, without any extra charge. Working collaboratively or in parallel from different locations is invaluable. Another feature we appreciate is emailing contribution statements. It saves the time and expense of snail-mailing and our congregants get their statements instantaneously. IconCMO is a very robust system that does an excellent job of addressing our accounting needs. Its amazing flexibility allows us to tailor the system to our own congregation's operations. We use a large number of funds, one for each fundraiser, committee, and social justice effort and each has its own budget, income tracking, and record of expenses, so its easy to see how each is doing at any point. Once an activity is complete, its easy to transfer the proceeds of the activity to the General Fund or disburse it to the appropriate organization. Other congregations may not want as many funds, but IconCMO allows each to design their own.

Cons

Probably due to its great flexibility, IconCMO is not that intuitive. Their Help and Support Forum are useful and their customer service is superb but some people find it a little hard to navigate their way around.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Cyndy! We appreciate your feedback.

Dottie from First Presbyterian

All inclusive church software

I have used Revelations in conjunction with Quickbooks and also ACS. Icon does a much better job of incorporating everything into one cohesive package. Coming from a Quickbooks background, the fund accounting made for a huge learning curve to make Icon do what our church expected. I have to maneuver money between funds because of the lack of sub funds way too much, and reporting isn't as easy as in QB, but the benefits of one complete, cloud based product to the church in general outweigh the inconveniences there.

Pros

The ability to enter contributions and have the batch automatically post as a bank deposit is great (used 2 programs before) as is the Vanco importing. These two items save a lot of time for me. Being cloud based is a huge pro for the ministers as they can access the people section right from their phones while doing visitation. It also helps the secretary and business office to have only one place to change parishioner info and everyone have the update instantly.

Cons

The inability to have sub-funds. It was explained to me that there could be tax ramifications, but to have a "Memorials" fund with separate "John Doe memorial", "Jane Smith Memorial" funds below would be fantastic and I see no tax issues in that. The learning curve was a bear also. While there is help online and by phone, I really could have used an in depth training class or a chance to sit with another church using it. I twice requested names of other churches in a reasonable distance from me and never heard back from Icon.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review, Dottie! We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry we haven't been able to put you in touch with other churches in your area. Icon Systems places a very high emphasis on customer privacy and we do not give out numbers to other churches unless we get explicit permission from churches to do so. Often times churches will not respond to these requests or simply do not have the time to help.

William from LIFT Community Church

Overall I have been very pleased with the quality and functionality of IconCMO.

Accurate, fund based accounting with contribution tracking and reporting.

Pros

After getting over the inevitable learning curve I have found the software to be quite user friendly. The contribution module is one of my favorites because I'm able to easily reconcile contributions and issue professional looking statements quarterly. I like the fact that contribution detail can be directly imported from a comma delimited file. That saves a lot of data entry time. One click and the cash and check contributions for the week are entered in the system. Check writing is a breeze, as is making journal entries. Our organization takes advantage of the integration with Vanco Payment Solutions. This has been an one key to our financial success as we receive a large percentage of our donations via online and text giving. Importing contribution detail directly from Vanco is another great time saving feature. I really like the ability for multiple users to have access to the system. Each user's access to various aspects of the program can be granted on an individual basis. We have a separate individual can log on and is responsible for reconciling the bank statement. This is important internal control and separation of duties. The fact that the system is cloud based allows it to be accessed from any location, at any time. Technical support has been outstanding. In the early stages I called with some pretty challenging issues, each of which were resolved quickly and professionally. If there are better systems out there I'm not aware of them.

Cons

Not a lot of cons from my perspective. It would be nice to be able to "drill down" to the underlying detail from the financial reports. Also, it may be a necessary evil but having to enter then post transactions seems a bit cumbersome.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review, William. We appreciate your feedback. We are grateful to have customers like you!

Charles from First Lutheran Church

I use CMO primarily for recording members' contributions, for year-end statement, and mailing labels

We can easily keep track of contributions from members/non-members, generate statements of giving at any time -- but mostly annually, and have a complete handle on membership: change of status, addresses, telephone numbers, significant dates (birth, baptism, marriage, death), and more. To do this with paper and pencil would be very burdensome, not to mention the cost in terms of time and person-power. The ability to classify individuals into assorted categories, and then, at will, to combine them for, say, mailing purposes is super. In addition, our post office appreciates our bringing in bulk-mail material all "pre-sorted" by routes, in-town, box, out-of-town delivery. This speeds their sorting work and gets our mail out to the membership with dispatch.

Pros

Much of the recording of members' contributions is automatic -- fields are populated as one moves from envelope to envelope. When a member forgets to indicate their envelope number, that information is just a click away, given the membership list that's side-by-side with the entry form. Year-end statements are easily formated and printed, ready for folding and putting into envelopes. The ability to print membership lists for all sorts of categories is phenomenal. Being able to combine "active" and "Inactive," "Prospect,," etc., membership lists for mailing purposes is very helpful, not to mention the mailing label format. We also sort mailing labels before printing into various "zones," viz., Route 1, Route 2, Box Nos., etc., and this is a great boon for our local post office. It is easy to keep track of members' "significant dates," ages, and so much more. CMO offers a treasure-trove of information available at a mouse-click.

Cons

Upon entry of contributions, going from "check" to a "cash" contribution is ONE click, but going back to "check" from "cash" takes three clicks -- just a minor irritation, really, and one gets used to the procedure.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Charles. We appreciate your feedback!

Larry from Spirit of Joy Church

User Satisfaction

IconCMO is the primary accounting system for the Church. Spirit of Joy is a small congregation church, but IconCMO gives the church the benefit of a large church accounting at an affordable price. IconCMO has a large repertoire of reports.

Pros

Ease of use and comprehensive features. As a secure cloud based system, Spirit of Joy does not have to worry about back up's or loss of data from failed local hardware. System access is available 24/7. Training and support has been great.

Cons

I understand this is a fund based system. However, not being an accountant, I do not understand that when purchasing property or paying a liability such as a mortgage why the value of the property or mortgage liability remains in the fund, even though the Fixed Assets Property and Long Term Liabilities are adjusted. This makes the Statement of Financial Position and Budget Comparison w/Variance misleading without additional notes.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Larry! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Michael from Christ the Lord Lutheran Curch

We love the functionality of program.

Convenience, flexibility, accuracy, and access from home, office or a laptop on the other side of the world.

Pros

Online access! We love multiple people having access from multiple places at the same time. It's integrated - we can move in and out of finance, membership, contributions easily and everything is available. It's comprehensive - we've been using the program for 5 years and there are still parts of the program we haven't begun to use effectively.

Cons

It's so comprehensive...we just don't have the human resources to figure it out and input the data for using some of the activities/skills areas. Mostly we just don't. Therein lies the value issue. I feel we pay for a lot of things we don't use. And, truthfully, for a small congregation we're paying a lot for the convenience of online access. That is, we could play a flat fee for software that resides in our system (not on the cloud) and use it for years, but lose the convenience of online access. For a parish of 200 or fewer active households, it would be difficult to afford - we are able because the parish is affluent. As Pastor, I used both the online and software version in my previous parish for 5 years - St John Lutheran Church, Riverton, WY.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Michael. We appreciate your feedback! We want to make sure you get the most for your money. Please give us a call so we can review your account to make sure you're at the right subscription level and offer some discount options.

Kevin from Bethany Presbyterian Church

Perspective of a pastor

Overall the experience has been good. Customer service is great. ICON allows me and others to have access to a lot of information from any location and in real time. I love that about it. I have the sense that it is capable of much more than what I am using it for as I have yet to figure out all the ins and outs even after years of use. I would really appreciate an upgrade in the use on smartphones; particularly the ability to send an email or sms to a group.

Pros

I most like that it is cloud based and able to have multiple users with varying levels of accessibility working on it from wherever they have access to the web. This is what sold me on ICON years ago as they were to my knowledge one of the first church admin program providers to do this, it was cloud based before anyone really used that term. The program we were using at the time was not cloud based and required a substantial and costly upgrade to our networking system to have anything remotely approaching multi user.

Cons

It takes a little getting used to. For instance understanding the difference between members and household. So then group members doesn't necessarily refer to a group of members but a group that is made up of individual members and not households. After working with the program for a few years now I have caught on but it is not always the most easy for new users to catch on to. The interface between household and member profiles is a little clunky. As more and more households are dumping land lines and going to cell phone use it would be great to have the ability to notate on the household profile if this is the case and what numbers to use for which member of the household

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review, Pastor Kevin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have the opportunity to work with you over the years.

Jeanette from Glenwood Lutheran Church

Lukewarm

Very full-featured for managing membership, though not always intuitive. Report generating difficult, but support very helpful. I support it in-house, and do not use it as much as others, so we go around in circles a lot trying to figure things out. Our staff is pretty suave, but they still have difficulties. We are grateful that we only do contributions, and do not use the financial/accounting features (outsource our accounting).

Pros

* Local company (in MN) * Cloud-based * Fabulous (local) support

Cons

The way you sometimes feel like you are going in circles. It is not very intuitive. I think it is not as "full-featured" as some of the alternatives, and now simple things like text messaging, are out-sourced to third-party companies--that you have to pay additional for. The directory features are lacking, as is the member portal.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Jeanette! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. We do have a partner integration with Call-em-all for text messaging and voice broadcasting. However, at this time you're still able to send text messages directly from the system for no extra cost. That part hasn't changed. Sorry for the confusion about that! P.S. We have several live training webinars coming up. Check your email for invitations to register. If you can't attend live, I'll be sending out recordings. Have a wonderful day!

Rick from Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

ICON is iconic!

I am very impressed with IconCMO. It fulfills all of our church needs from bookkeeping to membership and attendance, as well as little things like providing birthday and anniversary reminders of members on the home screen so we can wish them a happy day. IconCMO customer support is incredible too! They have been there and provided a quick solution anytime I needed them. I highly recommend IconCMO to any church seeking to integrate new management software.

Pros

I love the inclusiveness and seamless interaction of all of the modules in this software. Membership info ties in perfectly with any lists or reports we need to run, including contribution statements. Data entry is easy for membership information, and the accounting module is straight forward and also easy to use. It includes a variety of reports that have met all of our membership and accounting needs.

Cons

It would be great to be able to assign default funds to vendors as you can with expense accounts. This still causes me an occasional error when paying bills and I select the correct account, but forget to change the fund. It would also be great if it would not allow a fund to be used if it is not assigned to the specific bank account being used to pay bills. This would catch the error before payment is posted, saving corrections at months end.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Rick! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Carol from St. Thomas Lutheran Church

Have used this program for many years. They are always making updates and adding more features.

Being able to compile groups of specific information so easy saves a lot of time. Having all the information for members all in one program and being able to incorporate contributions and finance is great. There are so many great features that we still have not used but hope to take advantage of those in the future.

Pros

I love how you can use one program and website for so many different processes. Linking the different features together for using in the great variety of reports is wonderful. The ability to mass email and export information is so easy. Being able to link to outside vendors for different purposes is a nice option if needed. Having the online back up is such a great peace of mind and the ability to access information from anywhere has been very helpful. The member access is also a very nice feature. My favorite part of the program is the contributions feature. With just one click you can send out statements, filter those with and without emails and the ability to print the mailing addresses to those without emails saves so much time.

Cons

Wish there was a better way than having to use drop down boxes for special events for each person. Wish there was an expanded mass communication type program included in the subscription such as Constant Contact.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Carol. We appreciate your feedback!

Kaitlin from Calvary Free Lutheran Church

Excellent Tool for Churches

Pros

I'm not very familiar with accounting, or most accounting programs, and so I was nervous about learning to use ICONCMO when I took on the role of financial secretary at the church where I work. However, once I learned a few basics, ICOMCMO has proven to be an extremely useful and efficient program for keeping track of contributions to the church. Being able to record weekly gifts, assign portions of that to specific funds, and generate a wide variety of reports on both funds and individual givers has been invaluable. We are especially thankful come tax season, where it is shockingly easy to generate giving/contribution reports for each person who has given to the church throughout the year. I've also been extremely pleased with both customer service and the online resources for "how-to" questions.

Cons

As I said, I'm not familiar with accounting software, so I cannot compare it to other programs in this field. I do have trouble navigating the menus at times, as they don's seem intuitive to me- though again, as someone with limited exposure to programs like this, it may just be me. But as I mentioned above, a quick search in google or through the online manual answers my question 99% of the time. Ultimately, I think anyone could use this program.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Kaitlin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Cheryl from UU Church of Flint

So easy to Use

It has been a time saver. It is convenient with being able to work from home or offsite for each of us that enters financial information. The support is amazing, the sand box helps with learning and overall it is very easy to use and keep information to the congregation and board updated.

Pros

The ability to set our account up the way we want, create our budget and handle membership and visitors all in the same software.

Cons

There honestly isn't anything that I do not like about ICON software. We had a few learning curves in the beginning or a few items we wished the software had, and with working with the great staff we now have those items available to us.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Cheryl! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Miss from Rockville Bible Church

Icon Review 6/2019

My overall experience with Icon has been very pleasant, so much so I'm still using their product! The support team has been extremely patient and kind to me as I struggled to learn their program and/or made stupid mistakes. The training is also done well and the program itself (online) hasn't experienced any issues to note.

Pros

For the price it functions well to process contributions, A/P, and PR for our church needs.

Cons

Some of the A/P processes are not easily amended, as I'd like (journal entries, memo info) but they have improved since I began using Icon. Nor does is the info lines allow for enough characters.

Reasons for Choosing IconCMO

The main reason was price and that it accomplished what we needed. But also that another person in our church, who is also a church secretary and covers for me when I'm gone, knows Icon, so it made it an easy transition.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review, Miss Jan! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Jennifer from English Lutheran Church

ICON works for us, but could be better.

Online access is the best benefit.

Pros

Online access anywhere. Being able to print individual envelopes. I like that you can archive members and still access that information (ie if pastor asks when did "so and so" die - I can look back and they're not just gone from our system).

Cons

It's not intuitive at all. In our past program, if you added a child via baptism, it would carry the baptism date over into the "received by" date. Here, you have to enter that information 2-3 times over. For instance, you have to enter that baptism date, plus then go into the received by and enter it again. Same for deaths. For the accounting side, it drives me crazy that I can't pull up a Transaction Account Detail for just ONE expense or revenue account. If I want to see what we've spent in our Fellowship budget, which is one line item, I have to run a TAD report for our whole general fund and scroll and scroll until I find it. This is the only way to see individual transactions that include journal entries (that I have found anyway).

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Jennifer. We appreciate your feedback! I hear you on entering those special dates twice. I'll bring it up to our developers. We do have a way to see the activity for just one expense or revenue account, though! Go to General-Ledger: GL: GL-Account Activity. You can either view the transactions in the window or print them as a report. Please let me know if you have any questions on that.

Glen from Gloria Dei Lutheran Church

Review From Gloria Dei Lutheran Church

During budget preparation, it is easy to fine what contributions have been made, how it relates to the pledges and who is behind. The contribution statements are great and I can send by email to those who have email addresses, then print out the statements that need to be snail-mailed. One of the best features I have found the working on the end of the year Congregational Report for the Synod. It makes this job a lot easier.

Pros

This program helps keep all information about members of the congregation located in one location. Once signed on to ICONCMO, I can find all members of the family, important dates about each member, addresses, etc. I also like the Contribution section because I can access the pledges for the members if there is any question.

Cons

There are times when I have to hunt for the records I need because I am not sure where to look. I have tried to use the user manual, but I don't think it is very user friendly.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review, Glen! We appreciate your feedback. The user manual is pretty extensive and can be overwhelming. I recommend searching for keywords in the support forum or printing out the "Getting Started" guides found in the top-right menu when you're logged in. If you can't find the answer, call or send an email to our support team. We're happy to help.

Doreen from St. James Lutheran Church

I Tell all my colleges about Icon!

Love the auto import for our Vanco system, and getting them in each day. very easy to access out of the office and is safe and secure for our guests.

Pros

What I like most is the customer service. The team is very helpful when you call and they pick up the phone (no answer machine). They were helpful with the set up and anytime I call. I have liked all the reports I have, they seem very easy for members to read.

Cons

One item we could use in the software is the grade in school is not listed. Emailing the guests is not the best, emails going out work well, just can't reply or do a reply all on the group.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Doreen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Gabrielle from Church at The Well

IconCMO is the way to go!

We have been using IconCMO for years, and will continue to use it as our organization grows! Great customer service and tech support!

Pros

The customer service and tech support is always very quick to respond and fix issues and problems for us. The software is easy to use, and provides update notifications with in-depth detail on new features.

Cons

There are some features I wish were easier to utilize. Such as in-software text or email, newsletters, and attendance.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Gabrielle! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Karen from Better Covenant Ministry

Membership Management

Pros

IconCMO has helped in keeping track of our membership. It is set up to add, delete, and categorized members and visitors efficiently. It provides a means to communicate via email or text. The Rubix feature has worked well with checking children into Sunday School and Children's Church. Parents like the security feature to ensure children are only released to those who are authorized. IconCmo also does a great job in contribution management. The integration of online giving has provided our members and visitors ways to give at home or on the go. The software allows for multiple users and it allows you to assign permissions for each level of user. Members are also able to access and update their information.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is not being able to rewrite or reorganize some of the reports.

Reasons for Choosing IconCMO

We chose IconCMO based on its features and recommendations from other users.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Karen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a long-time customer.

Lisa from GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH E L C A

IconCMO is helpful for our church

Although the number of reports can be overwhelming, the benefits of using IconCMO far outweigh it. Printing checks, recording credit card transactions, etc are so easy to do with IconCMO.

Pros

IconCMO is much easier than us making our own spreadsheets to keep our church financial information. There are many choices for printing reports.

Cons

Sometimes having the many choices for printing reports is overwhelming.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review, Lisa! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Tina from Ripon Grace Church

Review of Icon CMO

Overall this software is very user friendly, and very valuable as multiple users can have up-to-date information.

Pros

I like how it updates and saves immediately. I like that several users can access the same up-to-date information. I like that I can control the level of access different users have. I also really, really like their technical support. Whenever I have had a question, I get a real person on the phone who can answer my question, or solve my problem. This has given me a great confidence in my own use of the product.

Cons

The pricing structure is a little difficult for us. The more household entered, the more you pay; which absolutely seems fair, but we have several contacts which are not actually households in our church--business contacts, we run a fund-raiser with a mailing list of over a hundred contacts who don't attend our church. Consequently we have to maintain a separate mailing list or jump to the next pay amount.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Tina! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Cindy from Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

keeps accurate track of our membership, allows peace of mind knowing that our records are secure

Secure membership management and an excellent Customer Support team. Would love to have someone come to a Synod Conference and demo and train other churches and admins on this software.

Pros

IconCMO support team is the absolute greatest, quick to respond and always willing to help until any issue is resolved. Love the Vanco import option. Having experienced computer issues and various on site backup drive issues when I first began as Admin, I told the church Board of Management that I would only stay if we kept IconCMO!

Cons

We would prefer if when a window was open it wasn't partially covered up by the side bar or another window. This has become a major frustration. That the app no longer is supported.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Cindy. We appreciate your feedback! Not sure what you mean when you say a window is covered by the side bar or another window. Could you please send a screenshot? We do have a new iPhone app and one for Android as well! Drop us an email and we'll send you download links. Please let us know who we should contact about doing some training at a Synod conference. That sounds like an excellent idea.

Terri from Pacifica Synod ELCA

Great Product! Excellent Support!

This software is affordable and produces quality results. It's easy to learn, intuitive and relevant. I recommend it to our congregations often.

Pros

I have been working with this software since 1999, back when it was Revelations and through the migration to Icon CMO. I serve in a synod (district) office of our church, so our contributions are a bit different from those of a congregation, but IconCMO serves us well. I've also used the congregation version and it's equally as functional. What I love most is the support! Quick answers to questions both online and by phone (I love that I've talked to my executive for almost all of these years!) and the team is responsive to suggestions of improvements to the software that would allow me to do my job better.

Cons

Some forms and reports are set up more from a congregational perspective than for a synod, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the awesome review, Terri! We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to work with you for so many years.

Lou Ann from Trinity Lutheran Church

Outstanding Product

I have used many church software programs, but IconCMO is the most user friendly. I initially began with the Revelations program, many years ago. The new IconCMO has so much more to offer in church record keeping. And with new features to track people for events and the ability to offer check-in for events will be an added plus when we plan to incorporate these programs. I think the key to having a good product is the technical and support staff, which is outstanding with IconCMO. I would highly recommend this church software program to anyone.

Pros

The easy way to use this software it it's best feature. It's very easy to navigate, and little tutorial is actually needed. However, if you do need help, the support staff is outstanding. They are very familiar with the product and can usually answer the questions within minutes. They are professional and kind.

Cons

Nothing really. IconCMO has so many features that I do not use. But to have the capability to enhance our record keeping, is nice to know.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Lou Ann! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Susan from St. Paul Lutheran Church

Satisfied User

We have combined all our computer needs in one program that is cloud based.

Pros

The best thing about Icon is that it is cloud based and can be accessed from any computer anywhere. It also includes many functions within it. My church uses the database, contributions, and accounting functions. The database allows us to send group emails. It also allows us to create many reports such as a listing of members or nonmembers. The contributions portion allows us to easily keep track of contributions and also allows us to create many reports such as comparing giving year by year. The accounting function allows to keep our checkbook. This function also provides us the opportunity to create many reports including a revenue and expense summary. Icon is very good with customer support.

Cons

The database email only allows one attachment and has a limited capacity for what can be sent.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Susan! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Cynthia from First United Methodist Church

A software system that works for all

As an employee who uses IconCMO frequently, I find it easy to understand and use. I am able to quickly access the information I need, make corrections and changes or updates without frustrations.

Pros

The software system is organized. Easy to read and find information. Just run your mouse on what you are looking for and a quick click will send you into the category of your choice. Information is stored in a manner that is easy to input, read and understand. Updating information is easy as well.

Cons

After making changes, additions or corrections on individuals you have to click the save button on each section and sometimes I have forgotten to do it and it doesn't save my changes. An auto save would be nice but also maybe just making one save button or not putting two categories that need to be saved separately together to avoid confusion.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Cynthia! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. Stay tuned! We are working on some changes that will make it easier to updated and save member records.

Kristin from St. Paul Lutheran Chuch

Daily User of ICON

ICON has helped us as a church to better organize and track our financials, data management, mailings, emails, communication etc.

Pros

The software is very user friendly an easy to learn. I started using ICON a little over a year ago, learned it as I went along. It was and easy very easy to use and figure out. If I get stuck customer support is right there to help!!!

Cons

Not much. The people at ICON have been making changes that continue to improve the product. When I begin to think there might be an easier way to do something-it seems like ICON is making the change.

Customer Support!

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Kristin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Joy from The United Methodist Church

My experience has been a very positive one

A much better accounting system

Pros

I like when you open up to do a journal entry, you really can't do it incorrectly as it tells you which way to the credit for the account & which way is the debit. I also love the myriad of reports! There are reports for everything you could possibly want. The support team is probably one of the best features ever! These guys have helped me so very, very much! They are wonderful! I can't thank them enough for all they do! I also like the manual being available online, but it would be nice if it was updated as they make changes to it. It's also nice to be able to have the search the support forum for help...that's a great feature & the videos too.

Cons

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Joy. We appreciate your feedback! We hear you. Our development team makes so many updates to the system it's hard to keep the documentation up to date. We're working on updating a big chunk of it this week. IconCMO does have a payroll module! You can currently add it onto your subscription for $25/month. Please call or email if you'd like more info.

Markus from Neshoba Church

An excellent value for an integrated web-babsed church management software program.

Better fund accounting module. Decentralization of the data allowing for multiple users to access via the web.

Pros

* Web based. No software to install locally and maintain. No need to worry about your data getting lost. * FASB 117 compliant, allowing for true fund-based non-profit accounting. * Allows for unlimited number of users, each one's access customizable down to the individual menu level. * Able to signup for a free trial so I was able to see what the software was really like before I made the purchase decision. With other vendors, I'd have to rely on slick marketing promises that seem to promise the world and then you find out after you purchase it that it's not what you expected.

Cons

* Payroll module seemed a bit difficult and clunky. However, this should not be hinderance since I highly recommend that everyone should use a payroll service and not do it yourself anyway.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Markus. We appreciate your feedback!

Jacob from St. Paul Lutheran

One of the best softwares out there!

As treasurer of my church, I have utilized the ICOM CMO website for various functions. If I ever have a question I reach out to the support staff via telephone or chat and always have my questions answered and issues resolved. Not to mention the help desk section along with weekly software updates are quite beneficial!

Pros

Icon CMO is truly a user friendly site and myself along with my church has been using since 2007! The website is easy to locate various documents and has a plethora of customizable spreadsheets and graphs to use. I have recommended this software to many other church congregations and they have been more than satisfied with the product as well.

Cons

There is not one thing that I cannot stand about this software. When system updates and changes take place I kept well informed and take advantage of the hints provided by staff to adjust to new and improved features.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Jacob! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Tina from Ripon Grace Church

I use the ICON software to stay in touch with people in our church, shut-ins, & missionary partners.

It is easy to access information. It is easy for different staff members to access the same information. I have a lot of confidence in the security of the information. It helps with our bookkeeping (tracking donations.) It helps our office to run smoothly, because it is easy to create address labels for various group mailers, and monthly birthday cards. It helps us create reports on membership, baptisms, births & deaths.

Pros

Personally, I like how easy it is to create address labels for different groups of people. I know our bookkeeper loves how easy it is to create end of the year giving reports. I also LOVE that any time I have a technical question, I get a real, live, extremely knowledgeable person to help me.

Cons

Sometimes when I am inputting information about a family or member, I make notes. What I wish is that somewhere on the Household form, either the note itself showed up or at least there was a link telling me that a notes had been created.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Tina. We appreciate your feedback!

Jo Ann from First Baptist Chuch of Castroville

So thankful for this software!

IconCMO streamlines all our administrative and financial duties. All the reports, and there are lots, are at the touch of a button (or 2) and because of safeguards they have put in place I am assured of correct reporting. We use ICON for everything to include membership, accounting, contributions, payroll, banking and communications within our church.

Pros

The best thing about IconCMO is customer service. I know that really doesn't have anything to do with the actual software but what good is software if there is no one there to answer your questions when you need help! Normally it's just a quick question and I am so thankful that I can get a quick answer and not have to send an email and wait.... and wait... and wait! It's such a blessing to get people on the other end of the line eager to help.

Cons

There is a learning curve as there is with any software.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Jo Ann! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a long-time customer.

Kris from church

ICON-CMO

Pros

Ease of use, great functionality, user friendly navigation

Cons

Functionality for multi family levels, more than one main address.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Kris! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Thomas from Peace Lutheran Church, Gaylord

I've been impressed with the capabilities of ICON. Every day I use it I find new things.

Pros

ICON has so many more modules than its predecessor, "Revelation." Some of the records that we used to keep in other programs (e.g., records of contributions on Excel spreadsheets) have been so much easier to accomplish on ICON. But, by far and away, the customer support is the best reason for using this product. When there is something I don't understand (e.g., the difference between deleting and archiving an individual) they are able to explain it quickly and easily. I am often talking to the software developer, not just another user, and rarely have to wait to have a phone call returned. The friendliness and efficiency of the support staff make it ICON worth every penny.

Cons

Some of the help screens don't really answer the question I'm looking for, but the support staff is always there to straighten in out. Also, learning how to accomplish certain reports and functions that were done one way in Revelation, and a completely different way in ICON, has been difficult. ICON does everything I need, but finding out where it happens is not always straightforward.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Thomas. We appreciate your feedback! We are grateful to have had you as a customer over the years.

Lynne from St. Paul's Lutheran Church

Helps us keep valuable records and stay connected with our constituents

Pros

With ICON, we can keep track of members and visitors contact information, birthdays, anniversaries, baptism dates and more. It is easy to put together groups for emails and mailing labels such as class lists, committees, etc. It has a wide variety of reports available to give us valuable data. I really like having ICON for making it easier to communicate with our members and individually and in groups. When I have had questions about ICON, the tech support has been very helpful. Great program!

Cons

One drawback to ICON is emails can have only 1 attachment and the attachment is limited in size. For example, when emailing our 8 page monthly newsletter, I have to break it into 2 parts and send it as 2 attachments in 2 emails to each household.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Lynne! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Karla from Grace Lutheran Church

Satisfied but could use one more option

In the beginning, it would have been great to have a representative from ICON either come to our organization to train OR if that wasn't an option, leave us with a trouble-shooting manual that would have been a tremendous help to our organization. The trouble-shooting manual would consist of "If you've tried this but did not succeed, then try this"; or, "Don't start this until you've done that". It's quite time-consuming to go back through every record to update it once we've learned what should and should not be done in the beginning steps of setting up new members or milestones within a member's life.

Pros

After trial and error was established, the member software to keep updated is somewhat effortless.

Cons

There is no 'search' option, which delays in getting the information needed in a timely manner.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review, Karla! We appreciate your feedback. We do have setup guides available under the "Getting Started" button when you're logged into your account. Those are your "Don't start this until you've done that" printable guides that follow along with the training videos available on YouTube. I'm not sure why you weren't sent those when you first came on board; I apologize for that oversight.

LINDA from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church

New System new job

I was kind of thrown into Icon when our secretary left and I agreed to help for a short time. In learning the system I made a lot of calls to the Icon people and they helped me a lot. First of all we figured out that when our account was started at the beginning of the year it was not done correctly so I had to redo all that information and then correct some errors that were made along the way. After it was done properly I still had a lot of questions that I had to keep calling about. Since I have worked on it over a year now I have found it to be quite helpful in my new job of now begin the full time bookkeeper for our church.

Pros

I like the ease of putting contributions in and printing off reports weekly and yearly. I also really like the banking section, writing checks is very easy especially when the checks repeat each month. The information for the repeat checks is so automatic that you can do them in no time.

Cons

The thing I like least is the reports, I can not get a report that makes it easy to understand the monthly contributions against the expenses. With my spreadsheet I can show the expenses against the contributions so that my finance committee can see where we are at. I was told to print off 3 different reports to show where we are at but that is hard for them to understand.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review, Linda! We appreciate your feedback. You should be able to compare revenues to expenses in the Statement of Activities Report. Please give us a call and we'll see if we can help streamline your reporting.

Chandra from St Andrew Lutheran Church

My experience with ICON overall has been excellent.. Customer service is the best of any other

It had more programs than the system being used at the time I took over the financial work and they were more detailed with information we wanted to use.

Pros

I have used ICON for over 5 years and I find that the reports provide all the information that our finance committees and members like to be aware of and it is easy to print them off or email them to the necessary members. and I am very happy with the ease of setting up most new financial accounts and info and very easy to add new church members. (if I do have a problem your staff members are the very best at helping me learn and understand how to use or change a problem.

Cons

The new light blue print is sometimes difficult to read.. sometimes making corrections or changes to previous entries that were incorrect can be a real learning experience.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review, Chandra. We appreciate your feedback!

Marc from First Parish in Waltham, UU

IconCMO provides all the features needed to easily track and manage church life!

This is the most effective tool church staff can use to organize and track the many components of church life. There are many reasons why IconCMO is the best package on the market, but being web-based knocks it out of the park

Pros

IconCMO is a well organized, web-based, data management package that provides a simple no-nonsense approach to tracking both people (visitors, prospects, active members, non-active members, etc) to contribtions and funding campaigns. The fact that it's web-based allows users to call up information, or send emails, or even global text messages from ANYWHERE you can access the web. It's been a life saver.

Cons

Standard reports are not as flexible as one might hope for. But whenever I need a report that isn't standard I can export all member data or household data to create a report in a third-party product.

Response from Icon Systems

Replied February 2018

Thank you for the review, Marc. We appreciate your feedback!