What are TouchPoint users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TouchPoint software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ability to send and track mass emails. Great for organizing church members."
  • icon"So glad someone recommended TouchPoint to us. It is the best option we found and the pricing is VERY reasonable."
  • icon"It is a great tool for congregants to know about other people in the church and for pastors to keep track of their congregation, all on one unified platform."
  • icon"The only negative is that some of the features can sometimes be difficult for some people to understand how to use them."
  • icon"The formatting of e-mails, especially with images, is limited."
  • icon"I can't think of any negative feedback or experiences that we have had while we have been using TouchPoint."

Browse all TouchPoint Reviews

• Have you used TouchPoint and would like to share your experience with others?

Santhosh

Good TouchPoint… Great support…

Pros

TouchPoint is a very good user-friendly application, very easy to use for beginners as well and very good customer support for a quick response. I was strongly recommended.

Cons

None, because of the very good customer support, User-friendly as well.

Great ChMS for Medium to Large churches

Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Data migration took longer than we had hoped. I don't think the planning/forecast for that was reasonable. But, the product is great!

Pros

Flexibility, online portal, app, ability to develop further, task/follow up system

Cons

Check-in could be more customizable, app is very good, but just links a number of things back to the church website instead of having the information native to the app.

Reasons for switching to TouchPoint

ACS was antiquated. Realm was too oriented toward a social media mindset and we didn't want to go that route.

Wayne

Very good and getting better all the time!

What I love: web-based, can access anywhere. The smartphone app is WONDERFUL!!! Membership and contact / follow up system are great. Contributions is great! What frustrates me: No full-blown financial management module (General ledger, check printing, accounts payable, etc. which forces us to use very outdated Shelby financials. Reports are not very customizable and sometimes waste space on the page if printed.

Pros

Smartphone app (love this!) Membership (photos, info that individuals can update themselves, family relationship notes, pastoral notes) Contributions, web-based (can access anywhere) Attendance tracking / ability to enter attendance over smartphone app.

Cons

Lacks full financial suite (gen ledger, accts payable, payroll, etc) Reports could be more customizable and outreach forms too. Difficulty of integrating with Microsoft Word for producing form letters. A few other things I can't recall right now.

Joshua

Excellent Church Management Software

Church Management across multiple campuses. Completely integrated solution.

Pros

Extremely and intuitive to use platform. Filled with robust and customizable features and metrics. Extremely attentive customer support team. Minimal learning curve.

Reasons for choosing TouchPoint

Extremely good reviews. Highly recommended by other organizations.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Thank you so much for your positive feedback Joshua!

Replied September 2019

Pamela

Great, user friendly tool for church management

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and acts as an interface for the entire office even when some staff members are out on visitation, vacation, hospital duty.... It is very helpful in keeping track of accurate demographics and statistics for our church not only on a member informational level, but also in a financial sense as well. The ability to also accept credit/debit card transactions easily through a simple link on our website has increased contributions, tithes, and offerings by quite a bit. TouchPoint also allows our pastors to know who has visited with whom and also for our senior pastor to assign tasks to associate pastors; effectively delegating tasks and visits across the entire pastoral staff. As the financial secretary, I utilize the Touch Point software for keeping up with contribution records as well as yearly capital pledge campaigns. The software has the ability to compile financial data and run easy reports. Over all, I love the "user friendliness" of the software. It seems to be designed along the lines of some popular social media forums and it is extremely easy to navigate. Over all, the software gets an A from Woodlawn Baptist Church.

Cons

The mobile app that coincides with the software is not as user friendly for either internal staff or members. The app is easy to find and download on any app store; however, once the app is downloaded and log in occurs, it is very limited on the functionality. Our pastors utilize the mobile app to pull up address information for members when they are out on visitation; however, they are not able to input information regarding their visit on the app. It has been mentioned several times that it would make the software/system much more attractive if they were to access and update information within the mobile app instead of waiting until the end of their visit/day when they are sitting back at their desks, in front of a computer to input all of the necessary information that they would like to include about the visitation/events of the day and to pass on that information to the rest of the staff.

Lily

TouchPoint for the Win

Pros

This software made actually doing ministry awesome! When a church member told me about a move after a service, I was able to update their contact information directly from my phone rather than making a note and doing it at my computer! It helped our entire team stay on track too!

Cons

I had only used PlanningCenter previously, so it's interface just took some getting used too.

Reasons for switching to TouchPoint

This was made by someone above me.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Lily, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're thrilled TouchPoint has served your church well and that it's an improvement on what you were using before. We love helping churches stay on track with their ministry goals. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you need help navigating the interface, or want to get even more out of your TouchPoint Experience. - Blessings

Replied August 2019

Sara

Easy, efficient, helpful,

Ease of ability to find out information I need.

Pros

I love that it can do -everything-. It is where all folks manage their online giving, it is where we print new directories from, we can send our weekly newsletters from it, registration for summer programs, scheduling of acolytes etc., and so much more. It is "one stop shopping" for all things congregational management.

Cons

It seems to have been developed by people who don't have a lot of LGBTQ+ folks in their faith community, and we do. So there's a number of things we've run into with that, some of which have been able to be fixed by customer support, and others not, so that is a frustration.

Powerful, but not intuitive

Pros

Lower entry cost was our main reasons for starting with Touchpoint, formerly BVCMS.

Cons

As a techie, I was good with the learning curve. Getting other staff to get comfortable with these was not easily done.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Hi Mark, Thank you so much for leaving a review, especially given your long history with TouchPoint! Improving the usability and experience of the software so that it matches the platform's power is definitely on our 2019 roadmap. If you have any specific suggestions of how we can better serve your staff, please don't hesitate to email me at leah.davenport@touchpointsoftware.com.

Replied January 2019

Touchpoint is quality software with a strong learning curvve

We first connected with Touchpoint because of a low price point for entry. We found the system learnable, due to some training that was offered. Since then, we are thankful for the continued updates of the product.

Pros

Cons

Ease of use - lack of intuitiveness

Jeff

Best church member software

Pros

I like the membership tracking and the reports. I like that members have access and can update their own profile. The software helps us with learn faces and names of new people so much faster than before. I like the registration function as well as the giving features.

Cons

The learning curve it a lot. I also wish there was phone support connected with the account. The app could have more free features.

Jay

TouchPoint is a MUST HAVE Church Management Solution for any Church

Our church transitioned to TouchPoint almost 6 years ago, and it is unequivocally the best administrative and ministry tool that our staff, church leaders, and members use daily. Likewise, members and guests benefit from the custom branded TouchPoint app, online giving and event registrations. They have created a church management system with a high level of functionality while maintaining an intuitive and easy to use interface. We couldn't be happier with TouchPoint from the outstanding customer service to the well thought out design and functionality. We use almost every aspect of the software: attendance tracking, member & guest assimilation, mass email, mass SMS texting, event registrations, mission trip registrations, online giving, custom branded app, walk-up check-in, and more. It is truly a software that will meet every demand of the modern church. One of the biggest improvements that TouchPoint made in the last few years was the transition to the mobile adaptive platform. In other words, it works beautifully on your mobile device. As the Director of IT and systems administrator, customer service and support are indispensable resources I often depend on, and this is where TouchPoint really shines. They use an email based support system and they are quick to respond and provide solutions. And when you point out a problem, the dev team is quick to fix it. They offer the best customer service and support of all the vendors I use. Likewise, the support documentation is fantastic and always up-to-date. In fact, I did all my training using the documentation and video tutorials before we deployed it to our staff. One of the best things about TouchPoint, they are always activity developing to improve and enhance the software. You don't have to wait 6 months for new features and updates. They frequently push out improvements on a weekly basis. If you are a church looking for an CMS solution, look no further. Setup your demo with TouchPoint today'you won't regret it!

Pros

Intuitive Easy to use Great support and customer service Mobile adaptive interface Frequent software updates and improvements

Adam

TouchPoint is an Organization Tool for the Church, By the Church

A couple years ago, our local church was looking for a cost efficient people management software that was easy for volunteers to use, could be accessed anywhere, had a built-in check-in feature, and made managing people and giving simple, but detailed if necessary. TouchPoint filled all of those features well, and their pricing (based off individuals) made it realistic for us financially to use. Ease of Use After having a realistic price and the features we needed, it was essential that this software was easy to use for volunteers and the pastoral and secretary staff (some who are not high tech savvy). When we purchased the software, the TouchPoint staff (known as BVCMS back in the day) reached out to us immediately to setup training, and showed our staff how to use the software. It only took about an hour to learn the features and start using it well. Even after that, if a question ever came up, all we had to do was email them, and they got back to us within the day. On the front end, the program is great in how it organizes information. It also has several options for exporting that information as well, which was essential for us in creating directories, email lists, etc. It even comes with a mobile app for check-in and simple search to easily find people's contact information. After learning the front end, there are more options and tools for you to use including an email newsletter designer, ministry organization, options for pastors to keep updates on their visits and meetings with people, targeted communication exports, and mass updates, etc. One feature I would gladly welcome is a simpler person updater using the Search Builder. In TouchPoint, they have a very detailed and powerful search feature. I use this regularly to update information, find specific people in the system, and keep track of new attenders. However, after getting your results, as far as I'm aware, there is no feature to edit person details on the Search page. To make changes, you either need to go to each person individually, or use the Tag feature. The Tag feature is great that it allows you to select all or specific people for later mass updating (which is currently what I do), but it'd be nice to have an option to update information right on the same page. All in all, TouchPoint's features, ease of use, and excellent customer service has allowed this database software to be our one stop location for managing all aspects of our ministry involving people.

Pros

Ease of use, detailed people management, easy and customizable exports, children's ministry check-in, mobile access, powerful search feature.

Cons

Only real con is after using the Search Builder, in order to make changes to individual profiles or select groups, it requires using the Tag feature which includes multiple steps. Would welcome as quicker editing feature.

Kathy

TouchPoint is a wonderful Member Management Software

I have used several other Member Management Softwares/Systems over the years and TouchPoint is the most user-friendly one I have experienced. The Annual Cost is surprisingly low compared to the tremendous features they offer. Before switching to BVCMS, which become TouchPoint, I was on the lookout for a system that would be more affordable for our Satellite Campus, yet offered the same features I was used to from the expensive Software/System. I was surprised at their cost then even more pleasantly surprised at the features they offered. I have recommended TouchPoint to many other Ministry Assistants as a system that is "worth the time to switch over to" due to the ease of use for them AND THEIR VOLUNTEERS. It is one of the very best I have experienced.

Pros

Features - some of the Best I have experienced

Cons

They do not have an Account Financial System integrated into Touchpoint. I use Quick Books for my accounting so I have to input my financials (Tithes, Mission Trips, etc). from Touchpoint to Quick Books.

Lisa

Always the Best Service

With no database background, I was given the duty to oversee our church's database. When we signed up for TouchPoint, any concerns were calmed by the personal training given from the start, along with excellent, courteous, kind and prompt assistance whenever I need to contact customer support. We are blessed with the upgrades, also. When someone wants to add a new feature, all of us receive the same benefit. We know we are getting a quality database which allows our church to function like one with a huge administrative staff when really it is just TouchPoint giving us the technology to achieve the goal of knowing our congregation and reaching them with information.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, cost, customer service, continued upgrades and features

Cons

Mobile features are still limited and sometimes difficult (but I expect it will be improving, as your product always does!); some features assume understanding by the user but aren't clear. I hit a few little glitches due to our small church needing specialized features for our events which don't exist in TouchPoint, or that I in my ignorance I am not aware of. I agree it's often user error. :)

Perfect for Smaller Churches

As a small rural church, TouchPoint has helped us better track our guests and make follow-up connections and the mobile app makes taking attendance in our Connection Groups super easy. And the customer support is fast and very helpful.

Pros

I love that we can enter in as many prospect contacts as we need to without being charged per record. This is huge for us as a small rural church of under 100. Another benefit is that our Connection Group teachers can take attendance right on the mobile app. Since we have no church secretary, this is a great help in getting our records in and keeping them up to date.

Cons

I do wish that texting was integrated into the system rather than having to use a 3rd party service. I also would love to see some kind of implementation with Facebook posting, particularly when advertising special events. The scheduling calendar--while a great help with scheduling our nursery workers--needs an update.

Janet

Industry: Chemicals

Love this Software, especially the Customer Support

It has been harder for me because I am not from the gadgets generation. I have found so much support from the Touch Point Team. They were always patient and understanding. I can't believe that it was just last year that we had the system put in. Even though I am still learning and probably always will be I am enjoying the process. Glad we chose TP as our new church software.

Pros

Since part of my job is to keep up with our members I like how easy it is with Touch Point. I love the way you can use the Decision Summary to keep up with changes made in the system. I also love the fact that when a change is made to a person's record you can see who made it and when it was made. Also this system keeps the info in the system so you can always go back and reverse it. This is a great time saver.

Cons

I like reports the least because I have had a harder time figuring them out. Those younger than I picked it up right away. My brain doesn't think the same way as the reports work. With that said the Customer Support helps me anytime and is always very encouraging.

Dena

Love TouchPoint

We researched a lot of options and decided to go with TouchPoint back in the beginning of their product and have never regretted that decision! They uniquely address specifics for our organization and have been great with training and customizing features when needed. Not a year goes by that they have not continued to enhance and develop features that meet the needs of their customers. We've referred TouchPoint to more than one church in the years we've been a customer.

Pros

User friendly and addresses all the unique needs of a church

Cons

On a few very rare occassions, it would be nice to have a bit more control over customization of things like ... entry points .... the software comes with some areas pre-populated with items that were unique to the founders denomination (membership trac, etc) that we'd sometimes like to delete as our class track or names of ministries are different. Usually, we can add those ... but can't always delete the pre-populated options

Rhonda

TouchPoint Serves Us Well

We have had a great experience with TouchPoint! It interfaces with everything we use to make giving, communicating, and serving our family of faith simple and seamless.

Pros

TouchPoint is a comprehensive CMS. I have handled most all of the CMS functions for our church over the course of my time as a ministry assistant and there has not been one time where TouchPoint did not the capability to accomplish what we needed. From membership, attendance, and communications, to complicated online registrations, TouchPoint has checked all the boxes for our church. And if there has ever been a time when I needed help, their support staff is quick to respond and has a ready explanation/solution. I highly recommend TouchPoint!

Cons

There are not any "cons." TouchPoint is comprehensive so someone new to church management software will need some time to get comfortable finding their way around. But again, the support staff is always close by and ready to help.

Response from TouchPoint Software

Thank you for your review, Rhonda!

Replied August 2018

Tanya

Easier to use than most programs

I will start by saying I am not the main user of our touchpoint program but I do use part of the touchpoint features quite often. I do the bookkeeping so I mainly deal with the financial side of things which I will say are pretty easy to do with this program. The only thing I wish it would do differently is entering a person's contributions all at one time without having to reenter the name or number of the person to put a different amount in a separate category. Everything else for me is pretty easy I guess. I will say it is hard to print reports off for the bank when you are getting a loan to build (10 highest giving members for last year and year before last). Anyway there are always things that need improvement when it comes to programs but I will say that overall I really like TouchPoint and the convenience it gives when I need to look someone up and can just touch the address and it gets me straight to the map to get me there. I would and have recommended this program to other churches.

Pros

Being able to enter contributions

Cons

Not very user friendly when it comes to learning how to use some of the other features of the program that I'm not familiar with.

Dave

Great church management system

Have been a TouchPoint customer for 3 years. We use the system to maintain contact information on all of our families and guests; maintain contribution data for end-of-year tax statements; online giving; mass email and text messaging capabilities; and online registratation. We have also extended usage of the tool beyond our church office staff to deacons and other ministry leaders. The TouchPoint team helped us to migrate our data from our legacy church management solution (ServantKeeper) and has been very responsive whenever we have had a question, problem or a suggestion on how to improve the product. Would recommend that any church looking for a cloud-based church management system series consider use of TouchPoint

Pros

Cloud-based. Covers our major needs as our church management system. Reasonable pricing. Have never had an outage where the system was unavailable.

Cons

Would like greater level of control when delegating access rights to ministry leaders.

Fully loaded

We picked TouchPoint because it offered all of their services at a flat rate, and a good rate at that. The development has been great and the customer support is top-notch. The difficulty with any software that does a lot of things is always complexity, and I would say they've done a fair job with that, and they continue to make improvements on usability. As a person with some experience with database queries and HTML I can make it do just about anything I want, but our office staff sometimes needs help. My favorite part about TouchPoint, however, is their support. I always get quick and detailed help when I need it, and they are very good about taking suggestions for improvements and working them in to future updates. It's different from some other Church management software in that it's not really trying to be a local facebook knock-off for your church, but that hasn't been a concern for us, as we're not really that interested in trying to maintain and promote a private social media system.

Pros

Features, open source, support.

Cons

Ease of use still has a little ways to go, but this is an area of pretty constant improvement for them.

Susan

Excellent Church Management Software

TouchPoint has made managing our church's database so much simpler than what we were doing before. I no longer have to keep separate spreadsheets for data. I can run numerous reports all in this one program. It is easy to make changes to data that carry all through the program. The on-line registration has helped to cut down on the paperwork. Creating mass emails, sending out e-newsletters, etc. is an advantage we didn't have with our old software. And the calendar helps remind volunteer workers when they are scheduled to work. The more I work with this program, the more I find I can do with it. On the rare occasions when I have a questions, customer service responds quickly.

Pros

It is flexible. I'm able to do so much more with this software than our previous software. The company is always looking to improve and add features that keep it from from being outdated.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

Increased Faithfulness

TouchPoint enabled our church to become more faithful in nearly every aspect of ministry. Our church has always struggled with keeping up with people, to be honest. Since starting to use TouchPoint, we have increased our faithfulness to track and "keep up" with our people. The functionality and ease of use with the software are incredible. The customer service has been unparalleled beginning with the endless questions we had, to training, and through problem-solving. It is adaptable to our ministry and needs. Each month we discover and use more and more of the available capabilities of the software. I'm so thankful for the ministry of TouchPoint. Without their commitment to providing a quality program at an affordable price regardless of the size of the church's ministry, we would still be struggling to track and love our people effectively and efficiently.

Pros

It's very user-friendly. It's useful on multiple platforms (app, mobile browser, laptop/desktop). Customer Support

Cons

They provide plenty of free training to get you started. They answer any and all questions. I would like to have a little more training at a more affordable cost. At least offer more in-depth and a broad range of videos for training.

Erica

Enjoy the program

We have used programs in the past and this one we will be sticking with because the continue growth and ease of use to make groups and email out to people and keeping track of people.

Pros

Ease to make groups within the organization (for classes) or for meetings. Love the ease of having people rsvp via email to a meeting and it automatically gets put into the organization that their attending or not. Great for keeping track of where people are in their membership process.

Cons

It would be great to use the financial part with this to track tithing, but I have taken time each year to see if it's worth it to switch from manually entering from Vanco to Quickbooks online and it's still better to use Quickbooks, to me. Then, my reports are all in one spot.

Sandy

Awesome Church Management Software!

TouchPoint is very user friendly! As an Administrative Assistant to several ministries, this software has made my job so much easier. Their customer support is one of the best: their response time is phenomenal. We do 4-6 mission trip registrations through TouchPoint every year, and the ease of managing online payments and donations is superb. It has great people management capabilities and reports are easy to run. The "Help" documentation is a great asset to make this one of the easiest systems to learn. While we are able to use TouchPoint for registrations, donations, and online giving; the software does not include any other financial capabilities (i.e. general ledger). I would highly recommend this software to anyone looking for something that is flexible and effective.

Pros

Easy to learn Online registrations/donations Customer Service People Management Check-in Features Search Builder (very easy

Cons

Would like more financial features (general ledger, AP, AR)

TouchPoint