• icon"The software is amazing. It’s easy to use and gives you so many ways to grow and administer your business."
  • icon"That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful."
  • icon"The App is by far the best feature with this programming. It is easy to use and gives clients very direct access to classes and events that are happening within the facility."
  • icon"It actually doesn't live up to what it says it can do. Book a buddy is useless and integrations constantly glitch."
  • icon"Unable to message a class via the app if a teacher changes or the class is cancelled."
  • icon"I lost out on dozens of unpaid bookings and Glofox never let its customers know or removed the feature."

Browse all Glofox Reviews

• Have you used Glofox and would like to share your experience with others?

andrew

April 2016

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at 195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from 80-140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Response from Glofox

Hey Andrew, Thank you so much for leaving your extensive feedback, it really means a lot! We're happy to hear that Glofox is helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2022

Shantelle

August 2022

Great members app

My overall experience has been good. The transition from Mindbody was easy.

Pros

I like how user friendly the members app is. Its simple to use. The dashboard is easy to read. Inputting new classes and changing the schedule is simple.

Cons

the reports could be filtered into more depth.

cost effective

Reasons for switching to Glofox

Mindbody had a complicated management system.

Ewa

Very satisfied!

overall I've been very satisfied with Glofox, and the glofox team have always been extremely helpful, during the onboarding process especially and when any issues arose.

Pros

I like the ease of booking and enabling payments via stripe. I like that the app has all the necessary features for any business size

Cons

credits are a bit confusing to users. they don't know where to find them

Reasons for switching to Glofox

commercials, usability - glofox is a lot more user friendly

Jessica

Run Away Fast

I went with GloFox after talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and seeing a demo, comparing to other products, and reading reviews. Once I signed on with the product- everything changed and what [SENSITIVE CONTENT] promised from the start did not happen. Training was tedious, disjointed, and incorrect. We had to go back and rework things several times because the trainer did not take the time to understand my business before talking me through set up. Once operating, support does not respond, glitches in the system do not allow my processes to happen and I then need to take extra time to do things manually, I have been charged for things that i did not receive and no one one will refund me, web integrations make my website look archaic, they are dysfunctional, and GloFox will explore options to improve. Not sure where the good reviews came from so I feel obligated to help others to stay away from this product. I am so deeply embedded in GloFox right now, it is going to take me a lot of time to dig out of it, but i will be switching products. Stay away from GloFox.

Pros

the app works well and is easy for the user, everything else is a nightmare

Cons

I went with this product because the demo call was promising and GloFox had good reviews. Once I began using it, training was horrific, web integration is archaic, the systems management on the admin end is complicated and time consuming, GloFox is unable and unwilling to alter its system to fit the needs of its customer in any way, i end up doing most of the work manually because GloFox is not compatible and does not work Customer service is not supportive and will not respond, if they do the do not help. Once I signed my contract, I became a nuisance to the staff, communication is poor, and they would rather push me away than try to help.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

the sales call and demo, good reviews

Diego

September 2022

Robust software and excellent support

I use Glofox to manage bookings, payments, databases and communication with my clients. The platform is comprehensive and reliable. The customer's service goes out of its way to help, and it is genuine support, be it software-related or financially related when my business was not so good for personal reasons. They also seem to value long-term relationships with their customers, they never increased my membership and never downgraded my software, even though Glofox kept improving and adding functionalities over the past years.

Pros

I've been using Glofox for years and always liked their approach to booking. Unlike in other companies, once my client has logged in to the system, they only have access to my studio, not an entire marketplace and competitors. And I don't have to pay extra for that, it is a built-in feature.

Cons

I wish the option to have a dedicated app personalised to my studio was more accessible. But that is a broad issue caused by Apple and Google stores.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

Initially, it was because Glofox offered me a good package for my business. Now, it is because I've seen how they operate, witnessed how much they improved over the years and so I trust them.

Reasons for switching to Glofox

Outdated and overpriced product.

Pete

Choose the best

I've been with Glofox from the very early days and they have always 'listened', we all have growth problems and challenges and they took theirs head on, with great results. I'm not going anywhere else!

Pros

I always wanted a platform that was simple, intuitive and with as few steps as possible to my and the clients' destination. It's clean, easy to use and smart! Always good and useful features being added without overwhelming the experience!

Cons

To be honest, I would like the waiver e-sign features to be fixed so that clients cannot book without signing them. Also the business has grown rapidly , for good reason, but support must keep up. Every individual I have dealt with at Glofox has always been extremely giving and attentive.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

It was clean, simple, the team were open and responsive and listened to my needs... and still do.

Daria

Thank you, guys !

That’s the great app and the company. I really admire their Customers Support, they respond shortly, respond always politely and help to solve all the problems.

Pros

Both Pro and Customers apps are convenient, easy to use. I like all the features are available for me at my subscription plan.

Cons

I wish Trainers could book the facility from their Pro apps, not only the receptionist. I recently got a bug when I tried to add new classes and to set the schedule for them, I couldn’t scroll down and add the timing . It just doesn’t go down.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

I heard about Mindbody. But I still decided to do a research. It was a website review (something like “top 10 gym softwares”) and then your sales guys did a great job, after I filled in the form for the call. I have no regrets

Reasons for switching to Glofox

They did not have the mobile app option. It was not well adapted for English-speaking audience.

Olivia

First class

Pros

Its simple and everyone is so helpful. You have people behind the emails and phones and thats key

Cons

sometimes i dont know how to use it but thats a simple fix

Reasons for choosing Glofox

Cillian Murphy was excellent and still is

Isaac

Great Platform

Pros

I work alone, meaning I don't have someone to speak to customers on my behalf or someone to generate leads and convert them. Glofox has helped me have a bird's eye view of my client's and class performance.

Cons

The mobile app experience could use an upgrade, as well as some of the prompts on the client app that have copy that is misleading e.g. 'this event has passed' when a client tries to book a class too soon before a class.

Shane

Amazing gym management software

Excellent personal service - great support and easy to deal with

Pros

Ease of use for members and simplicity of the core functions

Cons

Sometimes can be confusing to navigate as an administrator

Waldineia

Build a Partnership

So far - so good. Glofox has a huge impact on the way I look at my business right now. The glofox time is always ready to help and teach us how to use the app - whic made my time realize how we could become more professional and trained. It had a good impact on us in so many ways . Our comunication with our students are much more clear and we can see the great results of it. When we are talking about online servive sometimes it is easy to become just like roobots, and glofox showed us that there is a way to make it more human. It made my life easy and closer to my future dreams.

Pros

For me, as a owner of a really small business, it was really hard to work during pandemic time. Our reality was too much work and not enough clients, not because we were not good enough to sell, but because we did not have the people to deal and give the propper service for all our new customers. We were always struggling with delay of communication - and not enough time to respond all the clients doubts. With glofox, some questions are alredy answered by email and by the app itself. Now we have more time to focus and train our time, so we can have a high standarts customer service.[ We were afraid to make the full transaction to an online system because the prices were really higher for us. But in three months of the system we managed to have more than 3 times more students now. it´s gave us the opportunity to sell ir large scale and to delivery our work for people all over the globe. Me and my time are happy with the results. Thanks a lot.

Cons

There is nothing I would say, I would like least. But from my experience - all my students don´t realize they have access to recorded classes in the app. I would make this botton more easy to notice - because it is important for us that all the people do benefit from the classes we are leaving ther eofr them.

Price

Response from Glofox

Hey Waldineia, Thank you for taking your time to leave a review! It's great to hear that Glofox is helping you and your business save time and ultimately provide the highest standard experience possible. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2022

Russell

Great for my Gyms

We use it to manage the membership billing and session scheduling for our 2 gyms. It's been great and keeps getting better.

Pros

Easy to use and edit. The members app looks great and works well, the members love it. It's cost effective compared to the alternatives. It's continually being updated and new features are being added.

Cons

Nothing really, any tech issues that might crop up are typically dealt with quickly by the support team.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

GloFox came recommended from a friend and it looked like it did everything that we needed.

Reasons for switching to Glofox

Mindbody was becoming expensive and the payment processing and actual payouts into our bank account were getting slower and more cumbersome. I needed a simpler solution that paid out quicker and with lower fees.

Response from Glofox

Hi Russell. Thanks for leaving a review, it's very much appreciated. We're happy to hear you're enjoying Glofox. - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2021

Andy

Not getting any better

Pros

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

Cons

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

Another Irish company and was led to believe it was better

Reasons for switching to Glofox

Booking bugs app didn't work and had less functionality

Response from Glofox

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2021

Katie

Great product and new improvements however some very frustrating features

I have definitely seen improvements with communication over the past 4 -6 months. Their customer service has improved greatly. Overall the staff are very supportive and friendly to work with. We have been really well supported during the COVID-19 challenges and very much appreciated Glofox seeing what customers needed and added some great features during this time. The one downfall is communication - especially when things change eg. booking only into your next booking period - this was not communicated to us that the previous 'glitch' (as explained to me), where you could book in as far in advance as the studio allowed if you were on an unrestricted membership, had now changed. We could not communicate and or prepare our members returning to in studio classes (after COVID) for the changes - and hence created a lot of stress that could have been avoided.

Pros

Easy to schedule classes, dashboard is well designed and easy to navigate, great user app, new features that were added during COVID-19 - zoom integration to live classes, on demand feature for members.

Cons

The current set up to memberships allowing subscription members to only book ahead into their next booking period. This does not provide flexibility for our business and creates a lot of confusion for our members. I can understand how monthly billed memberships can work on this system however ours are weekly (see below). So members can only book a max of 2 weeks/min of 1 week in advance. It then creates confusion amongst members as to why some members can book further ahead (ie credit pass users) and if members have different payment dates its a bit like a yoyo effect. Explaining how it works to members is very confusing. This feature has only come into being in our studio. Prior to COVID-19 closures members were able to book 4 weeks in advance (booking window set by us) but now it has changed has caused great havoc. It has taken away a lot of value in our product and flexibility in the way our members book and become very frustrating for members as well as staff now managing the queries. If I knew this feature would come into play before we signed up to glofox I actually would strongly reconsider my decision. We are a small boutique fitness studio (we provide reformer class - max of 10 per class) our membership costs are expensive ($40-$55 per week) hence all of our members are on weekly subscriptions. We also provide credit packs for client who want to pay per class.

as above

Reasons for switching to Glofox

Glofox is better value for money. Own app feature. Easier to use for multiple studios. (We went from 1 to 2 studios just after changing to glofox). Better reporting features.

Response from Glofox

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied June 2020

Vincent

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

Pros

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business hefty sums which we could not afford. Glofox were pretty easy to set up and get started with and they even helped me migrate my clients over. It's been pretty much smooth sailing and the customer support team have been EXTREMELY HELPFUL. You can have calls with the very happy and efficient team and they are willing to help and follow up on your requests. What I like the most and most looking forward in the future to is new features. They are constantly updating the software and adding new features in which makes it a great piece of software to work with and it's great for my clients too. Everything is branded to me, I like that we have a News section in the app and a store where I can sell my merchandise. We can create events as we put on workshops and masterclasses throughout the year. Looking forward to working with these guys more to take my business to new levels. Thanks guys, I'm soo happy I joined you! :) Highly recommended!

Cons

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Reasons for choosing Glofox

See above - it's just perfect for our business needs

Expensive, same product for 3 years. Price increases

Response from Glofox

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Eduardo

Managing Studios Made Easy

About 80% of our payments are now through recurring subscriptions. This has helped us increase our retention rate. Another big plus has been the ability to measure our marking efforts through the Facebook Pixel. In a nutshell it has been easy to use, our customers are happy and the software has given us information on how to grow more consistently. When ever I have trouble it is really easy to contact the support team which has been very helpfull.

Pros

Their Facebook Pixel has allowed us to measure our acquisition cost and take better decisions on our digital marketing efforts. I love that it is easy to schedule classes, set up membership plans and visualize basic revenue data. This leaves me time study the numbers and work on improving my KPIs. As an extra point our customers love the our Glofox personalized App and it has been really easy to integrate the system into our webpage.

Cons

Although I get basic information, I could use more detailed reports. They still have a way to go in allowing customers to book a specific spot in a class and other minor plug ins... but I don’t have any mayor complaints.

Response from Glofox

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Glofox. We are delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us. We are always updating our software with solutions for your business so we will keep note of your feedback on Reports. Looking forward to seeing your business grow and succeed with Glofox! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied September 2019