All ABC Glofox Reviews

andrew

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2016

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at 195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from 80-140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Hey Andrew, Thank you so much for leaving your extensive feedback, it really means a lot! We're happy to hear that Glofox is helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Vincent

Reviewed March 2020

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

PROS

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business hefty sums which we could not afford. Glofox were pretty easy to set up and get started with and they even helped me migrate my clients over. It's been pretty much smooth sailing and the customer support team have been EXTREMELY HELPFUL. You can have calls with the very happy and efficient team and they are willing to help and follow up on your requests. What I like the most and most looking forward in the future to is new features. They are constantly updating the software and adding new features in which makes it a great piece of software to work with and it's great for my clients too. Everything is branded to me, I like that we have a News section in the app and a store where I can sell my merchandise. We can create events as we put on workshops and masterclasses throughout the year. Looking forward to working with these guys more to take my business to new levels. Thanks guys, I'm soo happy I joined you! :) Highly recommended!

CONS

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

See above - it's just perfect for our business needs

Expensive, same product for 3 years. Price increases

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Khyl

Reviewed January 2024

Do not use Glofox!

Awful! I would 100% stay away and save your money. Mindbody is criminally expensive and I would rather go there because their customer service was miles better.

PROS

Surface level, it looks pretty, easy to use and has a good customer user interface.

CONS

Their customer service is awful. I was told "I don't know, here's a YouTube video." They deactivated my entire business by accident, deleting all of my memberships and billing cycles. They were unable to fix it other than reopening the account to everything being deleted. Then refused to help or compensate us for lost revenue.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

It looked better. It could do rentals like batting cages. The payment processors were easy to setup and use. None of this was worth it though and I regret switching.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

We switched because the payment processor in Canada wasn't great at the time and the interface was clunky. They've added more processors in Canada and we're immediately switching back.

stephan

Reviewed November 2023

Went well, like I said don’t have any experience with the actual product. But looks cool and [sensitive content hidden] was awesome

PROS

Ease of carrying data, payments and booking classes

CONS

Don’t know yet , still have t set it up and started using it

Stephanie

Reviewed March 2020

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

PROS

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

CONS

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

There were so many problems with mind body, and they were much more expensive. They never seemed to care about helping a small business like myself get things figured out. Their customer service was nothing compared to what I have had with glofox.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Karyn

Reviewed April 2020

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

PROS

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

CONS

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Discussions with customer service, I was able to meet with the staff in person when I visited Dublin many years ago

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied April 2020

Shantelle

Reviewed August 2022

Great members app

My overall experience has been good. The transition from Mindbody was easy.

PROS

I like how user friendly the members app is. Its simple to use. The dashboard is easy to read. Inputting new classes and changing the schedule is simple.

CONS

the reports could be filtered into more depth.

cost effective

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody had a complicated management system.

Shahiduzzaman

Reviewed January 2023

service

very good

PROS

payments system is easy to understand, very clear,

CONS

booking system, our members enjoying it, easy to book,

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

[sensitive content hidden] is our accounts managers,she help us to increased bulk membership price, last years we did manually, and it was a bad experience,its massive help to increased bulk membership ,without her help it would not be possible,thanks [sensitive content hidden]

Vital

Reviewed February 2023

Expected a lot more

This is the first gym management tool we have used, so I can't compare to past experiences. But Glofox is not robust, they are not solving the problems, and I kinda regret having chosen them.Very important point: integration with 3rd parties (such as mailchimp) is not good, and as they are developing their own thing, it will never be.

PROS

We like the user front end, the way it looks in our web. Not the best UX though, only one customer has been able to find how to cancel a class. The rest just report "I can't cancel".

CONS

Language bugs all around (we use spanish front end) , all reported, barely fixed so far. A lot of hard coded stuff we can't fix using the tool they provide for custom copy. A lot of copy edit was needed for spanish.Many bugs found and reported, also suggestions for UX we have made... they may just be focused in that new service "amplify" and now finishing the core product.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

We liked Glofox web front end and we thought or were told it would fit all our needs. The price was also a factor at first, but Mindbody at the end did an offer for the first year that was very competitive.

Hollie

Reviewed May 2023

Fitcode

Overall good a lot of hiccups but will still need to work them out. Too early to know

PROS

Most functions have what I need to run the business

CONS

The payment processing time and GoCardless integration

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

[sensitive content hidden] was great at explaining the product and also I spoke with his manager who gave some good general business advice. If it wasn’t for them I probably would have gone with another app. [sensitive content hidden] has also done a good job with helping me configure the app.

Arlene

Reviewed January 2020

Really wish I could give this software a better score.

Asides from the frustrating technical issues outlined above, the support is very poor. Issues take weeks to resolve often with a "We don't know what the cause of the issue is" as a response, and then the same problem will reoccur later. The customer support team were great when I first signed up, I imagine there were fewer clients on their books and it was easier for them to manage. Now it takes weeks to resolve issues, the support team sound fatigued and are often defensive and salty when speaking on the phone (same applies to email correspondence). Glofox also make regular "upgrades" to the software and do not take time to explain to their customers in full detail what the updates involve. An "upgrade" was made to the payments integration in 2019 which meant that access to the separate back-end Stripe system was lost, which was massively frustrating given the inaccuracies of the built-in Glofox reporting software and clients information randomly going missing from their back-end website. I get the impression that this "upgrade" was not fully tested as there were numerous issues with it (eg: old clients being reactivated and billed years after the fact). I unfortunately cannot recommend this software to anyone as it has only caused frustration, disappointment and countless hours of extra work for myself and my team. The issues above caused a lot of upset to our clients which lessened their experience as our customers: this is the opposite of what any business needs!

PROS

Glofox is a highly visual platform and easy to use (aside from the glitches which I will get to later). It looks very pretty and it would be amazing if it actually worked properly.

CONS

It simply does not work. And I'm talking about the bare basics here. The reporting features are inaccurate and have added uncountable extra admin hours to my month. Regular glitches occur, a few of these are: payments being processed from users and then their purchased class credits disappearing, buttons on the back-end or admin website randomly disappearing or not working, classes / events / staff members being deleted from the calendar and then they re-appear randomly, start / end date functionality of classes randomly not working, clients being billed randomly following the completion of their payment periods, courses not visible on the admin app. I could go on.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody had become too expensive and their customer support wait times were too long. I also wanted to support a local business which is why I chose Glofox.

Hi Arlene, Thank you for the honest review and feedback. I am sorry that you seem to have had such a poor experience with the Glofox platform. We take customer feedback very seriously and will take your comments to the team. A member of our team will have been in touch with you to discuss the issues you outlined. Best regards, The Glofox Team

Replied January 2020

Andy

Reviewed October 2020

Not getting any better

PROS

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

CONS

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Another Irish company and was led to believe it was better

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Booking bugs app didn't work and had less functionality

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2021

Claudia

Reviewed April 2020

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

PROS

This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business.

CONS

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Most do not have the ease of accepting payments in Mexico and Glofox was more user friendly and wallet friendly

Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied May 2020

Nathan

Reviewed December 2019

Great product & support team

Happy with the new features that have been released over last few months. The support team have improved on quality of feedback and time it takes to resolve issues.

PROS

Simple to navigate and use as both as consumer & customer.

CONS

Reporting function on retention of members and cancellations.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Competitive pricing and perfect fit for business growth.

Hey Nathan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Glofox easy to use and that it's helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Dominic

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Viable but slightly an incomplete product.

PROS

I liked the idea of using an app and an easy system of payment, but it heavily depends on your consumer age group. Reports were great indicators of revenue and made it easy to pay instructors. Customer support is very friendly and helpful in fixing issues and many features we complained about were fixed in the end. A large directory is available to help use the program. Able to check how many people booked into a class before hand (although rarely did people book long in advance). Refunds were easy.

CONS

The issue with Glofox is that it is completely filled with glitches. Everyday people would come and complain that they couldn't pay, their account showed credits but they didn't actually have any, or they bought 4 membership packs because it was too easy to pay with the system. Other issues: No family functionality, to sign in a family doing a class they need individual accounts and to log in separately. There is no rule for mass deletion/creation of classes and has to be done manually. Most annoying problem: After the class starts people cannot pay. This means I have to sign them into the class causing me admin. Other annoying things: Glofox announcements don't notify the customers unless they check the news, meaning important info is ignored. Report filters are NOT ORGANISED, meaning I have to scroll through 340 classes to find 1 class. Very annoying. At the start there were many app issues such as random closings, missing classes, and general payment issues. If someone wanted to join another class 10 minutes before the end of their class it would not allow it as it "overruns". Basically stopping me from making more money. If someone couldn't use technology then I would have to use a 'Guest' account, but if you can't book it in to lessons going on the same time, you end up being unable to get correct numbers for your classes...

Hey Dominic, Thanks for taking the time and leaving your feedback! We are happy to hear that Glofox is helping your business. Thank you addressing your concerns, we have noted them. We look forward to continuing to support you on your business journey. - The Glofox Team

Stephen

Reviewed January 2018

Happy i made the switch to Glofox!

PROS

I like the visual appeal and layout of the software and how easy it makes it for people to book in online but also how easy it makes it for me to be able to allow clients to buy online courses and workshops as well as classes. (Senior account executive) contacted me initially when i was setting up in business but at that stage i had signed up with MBO and I wasn't going to change but fast forward a year and I actually got in touch with rep to talk about their software as my online sales weren't as strong as I wanted them to be. The changeover was made as painless as it could be, a lot of the credit for this has to go to my account manager and his customer support team, who are very good at what they do and I speak with rep on a regular basis which helps greatly when like me you're trying to grow your business. The partnership between Glofox and Yoga Alliance Professionals is also a big plus for me but in relation to growing my business, nothing tops having our own custom studio app which i am delighted to say is now starting to perform really well ( not much use having an app if you don't know how to utilise it or promote it and for this i have to thank account manager for showing me the way). i now feel like i have software that matches my ambitions for my business. It hasn't all been plain sailing but what is!. I really believe in Glofox and can see them going from strength to strength in the future.

CONS

The cons that i have experienced are simple, sometimes the software suffers from bugs but i know that Glofox work hard to eradicate this and in my experience the customer support team always have a solution to help you navigate around this until they find the problem so for me it's something i can live with as the updates and new additions to the software plus the fact that i can see through their reports, exactly where my business is growing.

Hi Stephen! Great to hear that you're delighted with your decision to switch from Mindbody. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and there's nothing better than watching your business grow and succeed! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Replied February 2018