• Pros

• "Layout was easy to navigate and looked very nice. "

• "Very quick to help and and answer questions. Super easy to use. Customers loved having the app. "

• "This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business."

• Cons

• "We think the system as it is. We would like to see some additions that would help member tracking more efficient, but these are very minor points that would only improve the service further. "

• "Doesn't work the dysfunctionality just keeps changing ..goes from problem to the next "

• "A few minor issues during setup regarding email formatting and customization, but nothing an email to support couldnt fix. If i could control those elements it would make it even better"

Browse GloFox Reviews

Natalie from SHIFT Indoor Cycling

First steps into new business made easier with GloFox

Sales, leads, marketing, basically everything I need to operate a boutique studio. I like the waiting list feature and how easy it looks to make it both branded to my company and tailored to exactly what me and my clients need. I’m looking forward to starting the build process to see how it goes. The experience so far has been all good Fromm y perspective.

Pros

Ease of Communication, with regular follow ups from sales team. Very friendly and helpful, giving lots of experienced based tips to help me get started. Seems to be simple system to operate, which is important for me as I’m not very technical with IT. I liked that we could discuss everything about the product and there wasn’t any pressure to go with GloFox. It just simply was the best value product for what I need. The app looks great, and I think going for the Gold option from the outset was the best idea, as it means my clients can be used to using the app right from the start, rather than just using web services initially and then having to change.

Cons

Nothing really, only thing I have noted is no compatibility with Spivi - which won’t be an issue but just something I’ll need to sort separately. I can’t see too many downsides at the moment, everything so far from first contact to agreeing to partner has been flawless.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Price, software visuals, communication, reviews.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hi Natalie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. Glad to hear you're having a good experience. - The Glofox Team

Andy from AK Fitness LTd

Not getting any better

Pros

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

Cons

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Another Irish company and was led to believe it was better

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Booking bugs app didn't work and had less functionality

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Russell from TeamCC Ltd

Great for my Gyms

We use it to manage the membership billing and session scheduling for our 2 gyms. It's been great and keeps getting better.

Pros

Easy to use and edit. The members app looks great and works well, the members love it. It's cost effective compared to the alternatives. It's continually being updated and new features are being added.

Cons

Nothing really, any tech issues that might crop up are typically dealt with quickly by the support team.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

GloFox came recommended from a friend and it looked like it did everything that we needed.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Mindbody was becoming expensive and the payment processing and actual payouts into our bank account were getting slower and more cumbersome. I needed a simpler solution that paid out quicker and with lower fees.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hi Russell. Thanks for leaving a review, it's very much appreciated. We're happy to hear you're enjoying Glofox. - The Glofox Team

Arlene from Irish Pole Dance Academy

Really wish I could give this software a better score.

Asides from the frustrating technical issues outlined above, the support is very poor. Issues take weeks to resolve often with a "We don't know what the cause of the issue is" as a response, and then the same problem will reoccur later. The customer support team were great when I first signed up, I imagine there were fewer clients on their books and it was easier for them to manage. Now it takes weeks to resolve issues, the support team sound fatigued and are often defensive and salty when speaking on the phone (same applies to email correspondence). Glofox also make regular "upgrades" to the software and do not take time to explain to their customers in full detail what the updates involve. An "upgrade" was made to the payments integration in 2019 which meant that access to the separate back-end Stripe system was lost, which was massively frustrating given the inaccuracies of the built-in Glofox reporting software and clients information randomly going missing from their back-end website. I get the impression that this "upgrade" was not fully tested as there were numerous issues with it (eg: old clients being reactivated and billed years after the fact). I unfortunately cannot recommend this software to anyone as it has only caused frustration, disappointment and countless hours of extra work for myself and my team. The issues above caused a lot of upset to our clients which lessened their experience as our customers: this is the opposite of what any business needs!

Pros

Glofox is a highly visual platform and easy to use (aside from the glitches which I will get to later). It looks very pretty and it would be amazing if it actually worked properly.

Cons

It simply does not work. And I'm talking about the bare basics here. The reporting features are inaccurate and have added uncountable extra admin hours to my month. Regular glitches occur, a few of these are: payments being processed from users and then their purchased class credits disappearing, buttons on the back-end or admin website randomly disappearing or not working, classes / events / staff members being deleted from the calendar and then they re-appear randomly, start / end date functionality of classes randomly not working, clients being billed randomly following the completion of their payment periods, courses not visible on the admin app. I could go on.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Mindbody had become too expensive and their customer support wait times were too long. I also wanted to support a local business which is why I chose Glofox.

Response from Glofox

Replied January 2020

Hi Arlene, Thank you for the honest review and feedback. I am sorry that you seem to have had such a poor experience with the Glofox platform. We take customer feedback very seriously and will take your comments to the team. A member of our team will have been in touch with you to discuss the issues you outlined. Best regards, The Glofox Team

James from Heritage Martial Arts & Fitness Centre

Glofox Review

The team at Glofox has been very good. They answer questions and take time to help you understand what to do. There is also constant new development happening within the program which makes it better each month.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Navigation and setup works well and simplifies my daily routine for running the business. The App is by far the best feature with this programming. It is easy to use and gives clients very direct access to classes and events that are happening within the facility.

Cons

The least liked feature is not being able to print contracts and having to sign up parents for accounts so there children can have their accounts active. This is also not a martial arts based software system, however it works well for my studio which also has fitness classes.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

The sales team at Glofox was great. They were not trying to push me into anything. They were patient and listened to what I was looking for in reagrds to how I run my business.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hey James, thanks so much for leaving a review and we appreciate the feedback. We'll make sure to pass on your suggestions to the relevant teams. Thanks again. - The Glofox Team

Bill from RiccioFit Strength & Movement Studio

GloFox Review

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use and implementation, very smooth

Cons

Some glitches that may occur periodically, not unlike any digital platform.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Better fit, not a fan of Mindbody as I had experience with it in the past

Response from Glofox

Replied July 2020

Hi Bill, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Decker from Decker Lindsay Strength & Conditioning

Very easy to use software that has helped me bill recurring payments and organize my scheduling.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I could benefit from a messaging forum type feature. Maybe this is available with the custom app but not sure. The current messaging abilities work just fine though.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

The clean visually appealing interface and ease of use.

Response from Glofox

Replied March 2021

Hi Decker! Thank you so much for leaving a review, and welcome to Glofox. We're glad you find our software easy to use and visually appealing. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional user experience. Thank you also for your suggestions surrounding messaging. We do have a community section within our member app that works in a similar way to a news feed and we also offer the ability to send push notifications, SMS, and emails. If you would like to know more about any of the above, you can reach out to us at customersuccess@glofox.com. I will also pass your suggestions onto the relevant teams. Thanks again, -The Glofox Team

Temitope from 5 Rings Fitness

Great team

The team have been extremely helpful, from picking the correct package to setting up my Glofox account/ the integration with my site. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has gone above and beyond and I'm so thankful to him and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Setting up the membership, I wanted t to have clients training 3 sessions a week but paying monthly but unfortunately the system wouldn't allow this but the team helped me work around the problem

Pros

The software is easy to use and self explanatory

Cons

Trying to set up the membership how I wanted was a bit tricky and I needed help from the Glofox team

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he didn't try to push me and wanted to find out how he would help me, this is why I picked Glofox

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hi Temitope, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us so far. We hope you're enjoying our products. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Philip from BodyMechanics health and fitness

New signup

Happy to date

Pros

Ease of use and the clean dashboard.moving from mindbody from countless issues so we are looking forward to using glofox

Cons

Haven’t come across any as of yet, maybe just the renaming of the classes section on the app but you can do it on platinum

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Countless issues and the client said kept leaving us down

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hi Philip, thanks for the review! We'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. Thanks again. - The Glofox Team

Domino from Chapter Unwritten

Chapter Unwritten

I am so impressed with the customer service. So quick and efficient, always available to answer questions

Pros

I love the information and data you can collect. This is such a useful tool when trying to grow your business

Cons

There is nothing I haven’t liked as of yet.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

MINDBODY is quite complicated to use from the back end. Not much flexibility

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hey Domino, thanks for the review. Happy to hear you're enjoying our products. Thank you -The Glofox Team

Katie from Cadence Pilates

Great product and new improvements however some very frustrating features

I have definitely seen improvements with communication over the past 4 -6 months. Their customer service has improved greatly. Overall the staff are very supportive and friendly to work with. We have been really well supported during the COVID-19 challenges and very much appreciated Glofox seeing what customers needed and added some great features during this time. The one downfall is communication - especially when things change eg. booking only into your next booking period - this was not communicated to us that the previous 'glitch' (as explained to me), where you could book in as far in advance as the studio allowed if you were on an unrestricted membership, had now changed. We could not communicate and or prepare our members returning to in studio classes (after COVID) for the changes - and hence created a lot of stress that could have been avoided.

Pros

Easy to schedule classes, dashboard is well designed and easy to navigate, great user app, new features that were added during COVID-19 - zoom integration to live classes, on demand feature for members.

Cons

The current set up to memberships allowing subscription members to only book ahead into their next booking period. This does not provide flexibility for our business and creates a lot of confusion for our members. I can understand how monthly billed memberships can work on this system however ours are weekly (see below). So members can only book a max of 2 weeks/min of 1 week in advance. It then creates confusion amongst members as to why some members can book further ahead (ie credit pass users) and if members have different payment dates its a bit like a yoyo effect. Explaining how it works to members is very confusing. This feature has only come into being in our studio. Prior to COVID-19 closures members were able to book 4 weeks in advance (booking window set by us) but now it has changed has caused great havoc. It has taken away a lot of value in our product and flexibility in the way our members book and become very frustrating for members as well as staff now managing the queries. If I knew this feature would come into play before we signed up to glofox I actually would strongly reconsider my decision. We are a small boutique fitness studio (we provide reformer class - max of 10 per class) our membership costs are expensive ($40-$55 per week) hence all of our members are on weekly subscriptions. We also provide credit packs for client who want to pay per class.

as above

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Glofox is better value for money. Own app feature. Easier to use for multiple studios. (We went from 1 to 2 studios just after changing to glofox). Better reporting features.

Response from Glofox

Replied June 2020

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Vincent from Vincent De Lima Fitness

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

Pros

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business hefty sums which we could not afford. Glofox were pretty easy to set up and get started with and they even helped me migrate my clients over. It's been pretty much smooth sailing and the customer support team have been EXTREMELY HELPFUL. You can have calls with the very happy and efficient team and they are willing to help and follow up on your requests. What I like the most and most looking forward in the future to is new features. They are constantly updating the software and adding new features in which makes it a great piece of software to work with and it's great for my clients too. Everything is branded to me, I like that we have a News section in the app and a store where I can sell my merchandise. We can create events as we put on workshops and masterclasses throughout the year. Looking forward to working with these guys more to take my business to new levels. Thanks guys, I'm soo happy I joined you! :) Highly recommended!

Cons

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

See above - it's just perfect for our business needs

Expensive, same product for 3 years. Price increases

Response from Glofox

Replied March 2020

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Eduardo from FIT 7/8

Managing Studios Made Easy

About 80% of our payments are now through recurring subscriptions. This has helped us increase our retention rate. Another big plus has been the ability to measure our marking efforts through the Facebook Pixel. In a nutshell it has been easy to use, our customers are happy and the software has given us information on how to grow more consistently. When ever I have trouble it is really easy to contact the support team which has been very helpfull.

Pros

Their Facebook Pixel has allowed us to measure our acquisition cost and take better decisions on our digital marketing efforts. I love that it is easy to schedule classes, set up membership plans and visualize basic revenue data. This leaves me time study the numbers and work on improving my KPIs. As an extra point our customers love the our Glofox personalized App and it has been really easy to integrate the system into our webpage.

Cons

Although I get basic information, I could use more detailed reports. They still have a way to go in allowing customers to book a specific spot in a class and other minor plug ins... but I don’t have any mayor complaints.

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2019

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Glofox. We are delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us. We are always updating our software with solutions for your business so we will keep note of your feedback on Reports. Looking forward to seeing your business grow and succeed with Glofox! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Stephen from My Yoga Waterford

Happy i made the switch to Glofox!

Pros

I like the visual appeal and layout of the software and how easy it makes it for people to book in online but also how easy it makes it for me to be able to allow clients to buy online courses and workshops as well as classes. (Senior account executive) contacted me initially when i was setting up in business but at that stage i had signed up with MBO and I wasn't going to change but fast forward a year and I actually got in touch with rep to talk about their software as my online sales weren't as strong as I wanted them to be. The changeover was made as painless as it could be, a lot of the credit for this has to go to my account manager and his customer support team, who are very good at what they do and I speak with rep on a regular basis which helps greatly when like me you're trying to grow your business. The partnership between Glofox and Yoga Alliance Professionals is also a big plus for me but in relation to growing my business, nothing tops having our own custom studio app which i am delighted to say is now starting to perform really well ( not much use having an app if you don't know how to utilise it or promote it and for this i have to thank account manager for showing me the way). i now feel like i have software that matches my ambitions for my business. It hasn't all been plain sailing but what is!. I really believe in Glofox and can see them going from strength to strength in the future.

Cons

The cons that i have experienced are simple, sometimes the software suffers from bugs but i know that Glofox work hard to eradicate this and in my experience the customer support team always have a solution to help you navigate around this until they find the problem so for me it's something i can live with as the updates and new additions to the software plus the fact that i can see through their reports, exactly where my business is growing.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2018

Hi Stephen! Great to hear that you're delighted with your decision to switch from Mindbody. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and there's nothing better than watching your business grow and succeed! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Stephanie from Gypsy soul yoga at sage yoga center

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

Pros

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

Cons

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

There were so many problems with mind body, and they were much more expensive. They never seemed to care about helping a small business like myself get things figured out. Their customer service was nothing compared to what I have had with glofox.

Response from Glofox

Replied March 2020

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Claudia from Fitness Factory

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

Pros

Cons

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Most do not have the ease of accepting payments in Mexico and Glofox was more user friendly and wallet friendly

Response from Glofox

Replied May 2020

Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Karyn from ProHealth Physical Therapy and Pilates Studio

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

Pros

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

Cons

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Discussions with customer service, I was able to meet with the staff in person when I visited Dublin many years ago

Response from Glofox

Replied April 2020

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Andrew from Personal Health

April 2016

Watch out MindbodyOnline, there's a new kid on the block!

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at '195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from '80-'140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Response from Glofox

Replied July 2016

Hi Andrew, Thanks for writing a review. We appreciate the kind words! It's been an absolute pleasure to work with you and the team at Personal Health. Also, very exciting to see the results you've achieved in such a short space of time! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Mark from Fuzz Fit

Outstanding Product, Excellent Customer Service

I could not be happier. I have set up software for Fitness studios and gyms I have worked at and have used in my own studio when I setup, so I have experience with a lot of software in the fitness market. But Glofox has it all, and the customer service is brilliant. They offer apps for your clients to check-in and update their info, they offer engagement tools and detailed reports for me to run my business. It has everything we could ever want. The best part of the software is the regular and constant updates they are putting into it. They are ahead of the curve with what is needed to help grow my business and give me the tools I need to do that. Big thumbs up, great job team Glofox

Pros

I like pretty much everything. My members get a really modern app with a ton of features that allow them to manage their own schedule and not have to constantly contact me for bookings or payments. I get a lot of easy to use features that automate a lot of the repetitive tasks I have been doing, plus its really easy to see how your business is doing with the reporting tool. It also auto charges clients on a monthly basis so I don't have to chase payments. And their support team basically did all the setup for me walking me through everything. they are super helpful!

Cons

I like everything about it. I can't think of how they could improve it.

Response from Glofox

Replied July 2016

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Delighted to hear that Glofox is all round the perfect solution for your business! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team. Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Carlos from Cranked Fitness LLC

Very happy with our experience and decision to utilize Glofox as our fitness studio software.

Saved time, effort,man-hours on administrative task.

Pros

From the very start the experience has been better than expected. The sales department immediately returned our call when initially inquiring about the software. They provided the answers to all our questions and scheduled a demo as soon as possible since we were on an aggressive timeline of trying to open our studio within 6 weeks of contacting Glofox. From onboarding, to setting things up, to getting us rolling within that timeframe was very impressive. Our questions while implementing were answered in a timely fashion and the online knowledge based articles they have on the product are very helpful and provided recorded steps of a lot of the task which make it even easy to implement. The smartphone app that comes with the package has been a blessing in disguise as it saves time and man hours allowing the members to see and schedule classes, pay for memberships, purchase merchandise, see studio news and updates right from the palm of their hands! Our members love the ease and use of the app not to mention us as small business owners. Last but not lease our post sales have been very impressive at this point and we believe the Glofox application has played a big role since it puts our business right in the hands of the potential and now members of our fitness studio. In the first week, we already have 31 members signed up for one our various packages via the app. As of this writing another 17 potential members have downloaded the app. Not to bad for the first week in business

Cons

There should be a way of modifying or even copying and pasting certain things within the dashboard like memberships, classes, etc...

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2017

Hi Carlos, Thanks for taking the time to write a fantastic review of Glofox! Your feedback is really important to us, so thanks for sharing. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Jarrah from Poseidon

July 2016

Terrific service and support. Overall, extremely worth the investment!

Having come from no previous management system, Glofox was a God send for us! To begin with, the sales rep I spoke with was very helpful, he asked me what my problems were, what I wanted to achieve and worked with me on figuring out the best way to accomplish them as opposed to pushing a software in my face. Once we jumped into the demo, ease of use was the key reason I went with Glofox. I demoed quite a few softwares before finding Glofox and I couldn't believe how difficult they seemed to grasp. I needed to get rid of the headache of managing bookings and it just seemed like these other softwares were going to add to that headache.

Pros

Glofox won me over and from here on out, the support has been terrific - so accommodating to the needs of my business and eager to answer questions and solve problems. I've managed to cut out a lot of tedious tasks that were eating up my time like membership management and keeping track of bookings etc. It's great to finally have these automations in place that keep my business running smoothly each day and be able to track the growth we're making. Not to mention, my members are delighted to have the option to book into a class through the app. Such a simple change that makes everyone's life easier.

Cons

Not really a con, but for any business owners questioning if Glofox is worth the cost, the answer is yes. It's worth it. The Glofox team will care for your business on your journey to success and won't toss you aside once the sale is over. The quality of their software, their continued support and the simplicity of their service for me and my members is more than I could have asked for.

Response from Glofox

Replied July 2016

Hi Jarrah, Thanks for taking the time to right a review! We're glad that you found the demo really helpful and It's great to hear that you're finding the software really simple to use - we consider 'ease of use' as one of our greatest strengths against alternatives in the market, so it's great to hear you reinforce it! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Audrey from Urban Asanas

Happy we made the switch!

We spent a long time researching different studio software options and Glofox has definitely helped us make big technological strides forward from the app to check in kiosk capabilities. Though the retail aspects are second tier, these aren't our top priorities either at the moment. Would definitely recommend trying the demo and exploring Glofox to other yoga studios.

Pros

The interface for both our staff and students has been far more intuitive and easy to use than our last program. The reporting is clear and the app has inspired more online bookings for classes. Check in is starting to run more smoothly giving our teachers more time to focus on class and less time dealing with frustrations with a clunky system at the desk. The way the system is set up also allows individuals to navigate it in different ways that make the most personal sense to them rather than forcing everyone to learn the exact same steps. Customer service has been very attentive and responsive as we've made the transition to Glofox which is much appreciated. We have felt supported through the whole process so far. The more we learn about the program the more customized we've made it to our needs which has been great.

Cons

The only cons so far are minor tech capabilities we're hoping to see evolve soon. You can only sell one retail item at a time, though there are some work arounds. We would also like to be able to check our teachers and staff into class and sell them retail items without creating separate student profiles. In the grand scheme of operations these are small details that haven't derailed us and we look forward to seeing upcoming changes with the program.

August 2016

Nancy from URBAN FIT

August 2016

Glofox for the Win! The perfect solution for our fitness studio.

Glofox makes it really easy for me to manage my business day in, day out! The dashboard is straightforward and simple to use, yet powerful enough to do everything I need it to. A great service and a great team of people behind it too!

Pros

-The dashboard is a life saver when it comes to managing my business. I don't have to spend countless hours on admin! I couldn't even imagine going back to tracking bookings, attendances and payments manually. -Glofox designed an app completely tailored to my brand - so professional looking. A great way to make our studio stand out from the crowd. -They also designed a booking and payment portal that connects with my website and Facebook page, so members can decide where and when they want to book their next class or make their next purchase. A great user experience! -The reporting tool has most certainly helped me to make better decisions for the business as I can generate reports on our performance in the click of a button. Even if you're not tech savvy, it's super easy to navigate and understand. If I ever did have a question on some aspect of the product the support team are always available to answer questions.

Cons

Nothing!

Response from Glofox

Replied November 2016

Hi Nancy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Glofox! We really appreciate it. It's great to hear such fantastic feedback. Be sure to get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever :) All the best, Glofox Support

Tyler from The Grind House

Great Product! Can add a few features

Rocky in the beginning on boarding but have been great since.

Pros

Syncing payments with bookings has helped us out tremendously

Cons

Some functionality needs to improve. Access to our stripe account. Holiday blocking features. Editing our custom app

Reviews were better

Couldn’t sync everything up

Response from Glofox

Replied October 2019

Hi Tyler, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has been helping you to grow your business. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. The Glofox Team

Junior from TA Fitness

Committed to helping your business succeed. 10/10 Glofox!

My experience with Glofox has been fantastic. The training was very easy to follow and their support team made sure I had everything I needed to get up and running - very understanding and always happy to help out with any queries.

Pros

The admin dashboard makes it really easy to keep track of my class schedule, memberships, payments and overall member activity. If you want to spend more time than ever before with your clients helping them achieve their goals, you need a system like this! The reporting section of the dashboard makes it effortless to monitor our performance: sales (by class, membership, course or even trainer), first time visits, bookings and attendances etc. This is great for identifying areas of the business that have room for growth. The app itself is so simple for our members to use. They can easily book their class or course and even pay for it straight through the app. If there's an update or news that I need to circulate fast, I can do it with the app, minus the hassle of calling up clients or wondering if they opened the email or not. These push notifications through the app are a great way to promote new classes or courses too. People see our messages on the home screen of their phone almost as soon as we send them and they can book in on the exact same platform. The perfect way to increase bookings and keep the momentum going! Not to mention, a great way to generate new leads. We can promote the app and encourage potential members to download it and get a taste of what we have to offer.

Cons

It would have been great if we found Glofox sooner!

Glenn from Project 180 HQ

What is Customer Support?

I switched from Mindbody as I believed it was too complicated for a gym and glofox is definitely simpler to use. The downside is that Mindbody customer service was really efficient whereas Gloxfox's almost doesn't exist. It feels like there may be two people part time responding to questions and if they get to you in that week then you've kind of won the lotto for the week. :-(

Pros

I have found this software easy for our users. It has glitches at our end but the user interface seems to be simple and quite popular with our clients.

Cons

Customer Support is either terribly slow or sometimes non-existent. For the price we paid for this (over $6,000 for the year) I would expect some customer support but I often have to email 2 or 3 times over a series of days to get any response at all. Initial service was great but then once you're paid up they pretty much ghost you.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Quick to respond to enquiries and sales on the phone were fast and responsive. Sadly once you have the product that responsiveness disappears.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Simpler to use for us and the user.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hey Glenn, thanks for the review and for taking the time to give us some feedback. We're constantly striving to offer exceptional customer service. We're sorry to hear you had a delay. We'll be sure to pass on this feedback to the relevant teams. - The Glofox Team

Sam from Elevation Fitness & Performance

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Made sure my Business needs came first

Our review is a little different, as the Glofox software itself didn't end up meeting our business' needs based on our need for a dual membership system as we offer both fitness and nutrition coaching as separate products. Our review is more about the willingness of the Glofox team to work with us to try and find a solution...and continued to go out of their way to work with us on a transition to another software when we mutually agreed that it ended up not being the right fit. They didn't have to do that but stayed true to putting our business needs first which was great!

Pros

Layout was easy to navigate and looked very nice.

Cons

Functionality didn't end up meeting our needs. We need a dual membership system.

Response from Glofox

Replied August 2019

Hi Sam, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Glofox. It is unfortunate that we weren't a match for your business but we're delighted to hear that you would recommend us to other businesses that might be a better match for what we offer! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Carolyn from Rive Fitness

Very happy with this product and service.

Apps are the way to go. Very professional and easy to use. Glofox provides detailed accounting reports which makes my job easier. As I am not the most technically inept I use the customer care team quite a bit and I have always found them very diligent and fast to act on my queries. It's great to have so many tools available via Glofox but also have that knowledge that there is a team behind the software to help when needed.

Pros

Cons

Nothing I was very happy with it's continuous development to improve and the team listened to any feedback I gave.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

Mind Body charged me for a failed direct debit as they use customer bank details. Glofox use customer card details and didn't charge if a payment didn't go through. It emailed me instead to say that the payment had failed.

Response from Glofox

Replied November 2019

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has helped you to grow and manage your business. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Dan from Ludus Enkrateia (The Ludus)

Great!!! Friendly and unstressed. Gave me the confidence to follow my true path.

Less Stress really. You can focus on your strengths and on your clients. Do not have to worry about transactions or being at two places at once. You get more than what you pay for. It helps you to also grow your business and expand in various ways all while keeping stress levels low.

Pros

How easy it really is. Structured so well, that all you have to do is fill in the blanks. I was actually surprised on some of the features because I would have never thought I would need certain things. So it added to my business plan and gave me more knowledge. The customer service is really great! I believe that is why I went with Glofox. I understand (like everything) that products will evolve and change. Glofox is aware that there may be things that will change, they know the product is great but not perfect. But they are always searching, learning from their clients, they listen and empower clients to have a forward and back dynamic so that they can make this software great and most importantly help people like me to focus on what I do best. Kudos to the support staff, working with you guys made life easy for me, all of you are sincere and genuine which made it easy for me to express and share my aspirations and philosophy with you guys, making this process very seamless and easy. Thank you and I look forward to continue working with you all.

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2017

Hi Dan, Thanks for sharing your experience! We're delighted to hear that Glofox has helped you to follow your true path. Should you have any more feedback, feel free to send it to feedback@glofox.com. It has been a pleasure working with you! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Glenn from Irish Altitude Chambers

Glofox is a critical part of our daily operations and we couldn't operate without it

Customer convenience is the biggest advantage. They can view, book and cancel without a messages or calls, back & forth ensuring our administration team don't end up spending their time with bookings and customer queries

Pros

It's extremely user friendly and has been simplified to ensure minimum amount of steps required in all customer aspects from booking classes to purchasing memberships. It allows customers to book in at any time of the day or night & allows us to have full transparency of who's attending each and every class.

Cons

Amendments to memberships are cumbersome and require alot of manual input. The new dashboard has excellent features however there were some nice parts of the old dashboard that have been lost which were very useful for our daily management information

Response from Glofox

Replied May 2017

Hi Glenn, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback! We're working hard to make your day to day run even smoother in the long run. We have a tonne of new features in the pipeline, and we're also working on improvements to some older features that you mentioned. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as they're available - we can't wait for you to test them out! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Julie from Rooney's Boxing Gym

Transformational

At the start of using Glofox I was a little apprehensive. There is a fair amount of effort to populate the data. The support I received at the start and ongoing has been exceptional. I feel fully supported by the Glofox team. In particular Stephen, who is absolutely amazing. The feedback we have been getting from our members has been amazing. Our members have completely embraced Glofox, it's intuitive and allows them to be self sufficient and not dependent on the gym for payments and bookings. Our team can spend time building relationships with our members instead of having to worry about paperwork, Par-Qs (all fully integrated), payment details, monthly subscriptions etc. The user experience on the App is great. The back end system for the gym has helped us understand our business and look at opportunities for growth. We can run quick and easy reports, and email all our registered members (over 1000 now!) in one click. It's saved so much time and effort. Glofox is an investment for your current business and future growth. I would strongly recommend Glofox for your gym.

Pros

The App

Cons

The web integration

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2017

Hi Julie, thanks for the amazing review! We¿re delighted to hear that you¿ve found our support team super helpful. It¿s also great to hear that your members have completely embraced Glofox - I¿m sure they¿re delighted to be able to book and pay straight from their smartphone! Keep up the good work and If you have any questions, we¿re here to help. All the best, Glofox Support.

andrew

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at 195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from 80-140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Christopher from Mr. Clone

Good product with set up help

Pros

I like how they offer you the support on set up for 1.5 hours.. It makes my job easier for my clients that I refer over to get their POS software. Easily get your store up and running with some awesome features USA hours and 24/7 customer service which I have not had to use yet..

Cons

Just my personal opinion I just hate to pay a monthly fee but for what you are getting in this package compared to others.. Must say the value is there

Response from Glofox

Replied August 2019

Hi Christopher! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Great to hear that you're enjoying using our software and that you got such great support from the team. We're delighted that you feel you are getting value for money and we appreciate your point about the monthly fee however unfortunately that is how the plan currently stands! Looking forward to seeing your business grow with Glofox! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Tiffany from Balanced Fitness For Moms

Glofox admin review

I’d give it a B+. The support follow up really lacks.

Pros

It’s simple and user friendly. It has streamlined my calendar and client bookings to have them online.

Cons

It’s very challenging to follow the revenue reports and be able to know which client purchase is associated with the statement. It would be helpful if it was labeled by client/user name. There are also a few glitches with the software that I’ve mentioned to support but there hasn’t been a resolution. For example, when my clients import their class to their phone calendar the business address shows up, not the class location address. This has caused a lot of confusion with my clients. The timeline from purchase to direct deposit is also not consistent. Some times it takes 2 days, sometimes 5, that makes accounting difficult.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Pricing and simplicity. I have 100 clients, not 1,000.

Response from Glofox

Replied October 2019

Hi Tiffany, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying using Glofox. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. The Glofox Team

James from E-Motion Fitness Hub

Glofox Review from E-Motion Fitness Hub

Great for taking member Subscriptions, signing waivers and easy to book classes.

Pros

User friendly and well presented and it Integrates well with the WIX website.

Cons

The Courses don't appear on the Calendar of the Staff App.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

The others seemed inferior.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2020

Hi James, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has helped you to grow and manage your business. Thank you for the feedback also on the staff app. We'll be sure to pass this on to the product team! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Natalia from Studio Pole Niteroi

I love Glofox and can't live without it anymore.

I have more free time to spend with actual important things instead of spending my life managing my studio. My sales are improving and my students love the Glofox.

Pros

It's beautiful and save me a lot of time. I don't have enough words to describe how much it changed my life and my mental health. I used to live with Excel sheets and spend a lot of time booking students. Now I have more time free to talk with possible customers and to work on my studio marketing. The app is great and easy to use and there's a lot of great things. I love the push up notifications, the waiting list, the store. Definately a great choice.

Cons

The app is great but we know how technology works, and yes there's some glitches. The desktop version very ugly what surprises me after their beautiful app. And no admin app, using your own app with your admin account you'll have access to some admin functions, a few.

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2017

Hi Natalia, Thanks for sharing a review of Glofox! It's great to hear of the mental clarity you've achieved from the transition from spreadsheets to software. You'll be delighted to hear that we have a new Web Portal design coming very soon - so watch this space! All the best, The Glofox Team

Melissa from Melissa Scott TBT

Boutique Studio - Glofox experience

Glofox are responsive and supportive to my business needs. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful and friendly. With my business recently expanding, I have been been offered very good clear guidance by my Account Manager.

Pros

Easy for clients to book classes via the studio app. Easy for instructors to register class participants. A pleasant experience using the Glofox dashboard.

Cons

Unable to message a class via the app if a teacher changes or the class is cancelled.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

They were enthusiastic and price competitive.

Reasons for Switching to GloFox

They were too expensive and inflexible.

Response from Glofox

Replied December 2019

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying using our software to grow your business. We take customer feedback very seriously and will pass the areas for development you've mentioned to our product team. The Glofox Team

Carla from Vernon Yoga

A newer company that has the ability to dominate this industry.

My book keeping was on pen and paper before I implemented Glofox. Therefore, we had a huge honour system as far as client payment. Our revenue has increased by a substantial amount simply by having Glofox remind staff and clients when their next payment is due. In addition, Glofox has literally shaved about 2-hours off of my workday. Saving time and money is enough of a benefit for me!

Pros

The customer service is beyond what I have ever experienced with any company before. Ever. The software itself looks very clean and professional, moreso than the competition, and that professional image is extremely important to me. Ease of use for my clientele is paramount and they have nailed that. The app that we received is our own branding. It's not a Glofox app, it's a Vernon Yoga app. I like that. And it does more than the industry standard. I like being innovative and Glofox allows me to be ahead of my competition.

Cons

Glofox doesn't yet have a system designed for families to all be one one Member account (but their competition doesn't either). Also, Glofox doesn't yet have employee management capabilities or loyalty programs, but I believe it's on their to-do list. They are well worth the wait.

Response from Glofox

Replied May 2017

Hi Carla, Huge congratulation on making the switch from pen and paper to software! It's great to see your studio saving more time and money than ever before. We appreciate the feedback too - those features are indeed on our roadmap. We'll be sure to update you as soon as they become available! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

David from FIREFIT

Glofox for FIREFIT

Pros

We use Glofox for the management of all of our clients as well as our class timetables. The system is very reliable and we have never experienced any downtime since signing up almost a year ago. The user interface is very well designed and easily navigatable for new users.

Cons

One integration which we would find beneficial in FIREFIT would be for a method to send out reminder texts to members a number of hours before their class.

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hey David, thanks for the review. We'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. Thank you! -The Glofox Team

Jo-Ann from Hot Yoga Dublin

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

One of the best studio investments I've made!

Glofox is a wonderful system that has helped me in a number of ways to run my studio in an easy, organised fashion. I was hesitant at the start to change my ways, but a year in, it only gets better.

Pros

It organises members, keeps them in constant contact, promotes the studio, sells products, is highly efficient and easy to use. Not only that, there is a great help service which has been available to answer all sorts of mundane questions from me! At all sorts of hours might I add. I'm not the best on computers so this in itself was super helpful. It didn't take me long at all to get the hang of working the system. It is by far one of the best studio investments I've made to date.

Cons

None!

Response from Glofox

Replied November 2016

Hi Jo Ann, Thanks for a writing a review for us! We appreciate you taking the time. We'll always be here to help no matter what the question, or the time! Keep up the great work. All the best, Timmy Head of Support

Sarah from CrossFit Unforgiven

More WODs, Less Admin! A++

Pros

Crossfit is all about community and making our athletes feel welcome. Having to ask athletes for their due payments at every session was completely ruining our vibe. The payments aspect of Glofox not only saves me so much time, but I'm no longer losing money because I want to avoid an awkward conversation. Everything is automated. Athletes book in for their WOD through the app, pay through the app and I can easily track all of these details in my Glofox dashboard. Recurring memberships mean I don't have to do anything - ANYTHING. It's so simple, makes such a huge difference to our revenue each month and gives me back a bit of sanity! Before Glofox my box was run on pen and paper. Not organised and definitely not scalable. If I ever wanted to expand the business I'd need to get my processes together. And that's what I did. When I realized how much money I was actually losing from my pen and paper approach, my decision was made. The support team were superstars getting me up and running! So happy to help. They have an online knowledge base too that has quick how to articles and videos - so helpful!

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2017

Hi Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Glofox! We're delighted to see you saving more time and money each day. You've been a pleasure to work with and we look forward to a long relationship! All the best, The Glofox Team

Karen from Fitness gym

Glofox for Gym Users

Pros

Easy to use Easy to set up classes, courses etc Easy to see all members in one place Communicate to all users

Cons

would like to see better reports For maybe there be an option to have like a clock in key ring or card for members to use when enter the gym and option to have this on tablet for members to check themselves into class, as a lot of time is wasted on this manually

Response from Glofox

Replied August 2019

Hi Karen, Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Delighted to hear that you are finding Glofox easy to use! We do try to meet the needs of all of our customers with regular updates to our reports and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. Looking forward to watching your business grow with Glofox! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Ashley from Hickory Clay

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements usually don’t seem relevant. I’ve reported bugs like dates jumping when editing/saving a Course description, and told by Support that I’m wrong. I’ve occasionally had a good experience with customer service, telling me where a feature is located, but typically their answers are irrelevant or tell me a workaround, with no date on when a broken feature will be fixed. I work with a different person each time, and there’s no consistency in the Support.

Pros

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

Cons

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but it broke 9 months ago and still hasn’t been fixed. I found out that it was broken because students had +1’s registered but the payment on the extra spots hadn’t gone through. I reported it to Glofox and was told that they were already aware. I lost out on dozens of unpaid bookings and Glofox never let its customers know or removed the feature. It took three emails to Support for them to successfully turn it off on my platform. After the initial demo and signup there is no transparency on pricing or product tiers. I had been planning to change from semi-annual to yearly payment, but my credit card was automatically billed before I had the chance (and without my consent.) I’m a Platinum customer, but I can’t compare tiers of pricing or features.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

The sales person and demo instructor were great. I knew that many features were still in development but I was happy with the core functionality. The product has not lived up to the initial, very thoughtful demos and the support has not matched their level of knowledge or attention to detail.

Response from Glofox

Replied July 2020

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas in which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Dominic from Impact Academy Ltd.

Viable but slightly an incomplete product.

Pros

I liked the idea of using an app and an easy system of payment, but it heavily depends on your consumer age group. Reports were great indicators of revenue and made it easy to pay instructors. Customer support is very friendly and helpful in fixing issues and many features we complained about were fixed in the end. A large directory is available to help use the program. Able to check how many people booked into a class before hand (although rarely did people book long in advance). Refunds were easy.

Cons

The issue with Glofox is that it is completely filled with glitches. Everyday people would come and complain that they couldn't pay, their account showed credits but they didn't actually have any, or they bought 4 membership packs because it was too easy to pay with the system. Other issues: No family functionality, to sign in a family doing a class they need individual accounts and to log in separately. There is no rule for mass deletion/creation of classes and has to be done manually. Most annoying problem: After the class starts people cannot pay. This means I have to sign them into the class causing me admin. Other annoying things: Glofox announcements don't notify the customers unless they check the news, meaning important info is ignored. Report filters are NOT ORGANISED, meaning I have to scroll through 340 classes to find 1 class. Very annoying. At the start there were many app issues such as random closings, missing classes, and general payment issues. If someone wanted to join another class 10 minutes before the end of their class it would not allow it as it "overruns". Basically stopping me from making more money. If someone couldn't use technology then I would have to use a 'Guest' account, but if you can't book it in to lessons going on the same time, you end up being unable to get correct numbers for your classes...

How complicated became simple, finally we have a system that helps us generate business!

Pros

This software is customer friendly. It's layout is simple to use and once you understand the functions it's super fast which has meant staff training time is reduced as well as client training also. I have all the key information I need to hand and when reconciling month end figures and performance it has over halved the time taken and improved the accuracy of reporting 100%. The staff at Glofox have been fantastic from start all the way to support once we have launched. Marko was our project coordinator and his help and guidance has made the whole transfer feel seemless. The support staff are fast and really great at helping sort any queries we may have. The connection with stripe is working really well and has actually massively helped our cash flow as opposed to confusing direct debit charges and payment frequency's. I'm yet to establish something wrong with this system and if we identify any areas that need adjusting the team at Glofox already seem ahead of the game. The web integration is the easiest I've seen, having used mindbody previously I was astounded as to how simple this is, we can share direct links, you tube videos etc.

Cons

We are nearly and Month an Half into our full launch and as of yet I can't find anything I don't like about it.

Nathan from Jones Fitness

Great product & support team

Happy with the new features that have been released over last few months. The support team have improved on quality of feedback and time it takes to resolve issues.

Pros

Simple to navigate and use as both as consumer & customer.

Cons

Reporting function on retention of members and cancellations.

Reasons for Choosing GloFox

Competitive pricing and perfect fit for business growth.

Lorraine from Love Lagree

Quick and effective customer service

Great experience, always there to help and assist you

Pros

User friendly. Simple easy to understand

Cons

The memberships showing the alphabet to create the right order

Friendly customer service

Response from Glofox

Replied February 2021

Hi Lorraine, thanks so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate it. We'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Chrisi from The Yoga Space London

Industry: Facilities Services

Looks great - Easy to use - great value

Pros

From a yoga studio owner perspective I love... 1. The customer service - having an actual human I can contact in case I need support who can respond quickly. A revelation!!! 2. Ease of use for my clients - the system is super intuitive and 98% of clients just started using it without any further queries or issues. 3. Ease of use as a manager - quick and easy to update, it is very straightforward compared to similar yoga studio management software out there. No hidden boxes or options - it just does what I need it to do! 4. Coming from a pen and paper system Glofox has saved me so far on average 5 hours of admin time a week. 5. Price - WAY better value for money compared to its competitors. Depending on subscription level it is much cheaper OR includes much more functionality than the leading yoga studio CRM.

Cons

As it has not been around THAT long compared to other yoga studio CRM software there are some functionalities that still need to be added but there are always workarounds and I have 100% faith in the Glofox team that they will catch up in the next months (they are pretty ace!).

Response from Glofox

Replied November 2017

Chrisi, thanks for sharing your experience! It has been an absolute pleasure working with you - You picked everything up so fast. Keep your invaluable product feedback coming our way! Adam | Customer Success Manager at Glofox

Jacob from Dawson Recreation Ministry

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Glofox's software is easy to use and their customer service is second to none.

The Glofox app has taken our gym to the next level. We really needed a way to connect with our members in an effective way as well as concentrate our information into an easy to access forum. Glofox has enabled us to do that in a far more cost effective way than having a custom-designed app from a non-specialized software company. Since they focus on gym owners and operators, they offer you solutions that you might not even realize that you have yet and walk with you through each step of the process. I would recommend their services to anyone who wants to grow their client base, have less overhead and automate their administrative and scheduling processes.

Pros

When we were in the exploratory stage trying to find the right software for our gym, we sought to find a product that was cost effective, user-friendly, adaptable, and came with responsive support. We couldn't be more pleased with the ways that Glofox has delivered on those categories and exceeded our expectations.

Cons

I'm not sure we have had enough time with it to find any faults for the applications that we'd like to use it for. The only drawbacks I could foresee would have to do with adapting a service within the app to meet a unique need we have as a Recreation Ministry. I'm confident that we would receive support to assist us in meeting that need though.

Response from Glofox

Replied September 2017

Hi Jacob, Thanks for sharing your experience! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team at Dawson Recreation Ministry. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Partnering with Glofox has been the single best decision we have made in our business.

Pros

We made the mistake of trying to manage our own CRM when we launched our gym. Within 4 weeks of opening we realized this was a huge mistake. We considered many platforms and software company partners to improve our efficiency. The Glofox integrated platform for booking, communication, CRM and payments has given our customers a fantastic experience, interface and reliability when booking and paying. For us it saves us countless hours each week, works efficiently on the go, in the gym and literally on the studio floor whilst coaching. Every technology has an occasion gremlin but if so any problem is quickly remedied by their great team, who work as hard for you, as you do for your own customers.

Cons

Our own company branded Glofox app, the most expensive solution, did take slightly longer than we hoped to get finished, only a few days late, mainly because of Apple app store slowness but it was worth the wait in the end.