• icon"We never should’ve worried as our families and our coaches have all benefited from our transition to team snap."
  • icon"It is easy to use, very intuitive, and extremely helpful. We love that it syncs calendars and makes communication easy among a team."
  • icon"Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar."
  • icon"Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end."
  • icon"It appeared that only the administrator could do certain things, so we all got confused trying to navigate or provide input/information that she requested. Then had to go to her to sort it out."
  • icon"On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time."

Browse all TeamSnap Reviews

• Have you used TeamSnap and would like to share your experience with others?

Rodger

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

May 2022

Team snap a must

Kit

This is a great app! Tell your coach you gotta have it :)

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of features that are helpful. I am a parent of a teen-aged athlete and have a hard time keeping up with her practice, game, and travel schedule. With TeamSnap all that can be put in one central place that's easy to use. There are other features too, like contact info of other parents, who's assigned to bring what at tournament, etc. Anyone can send messages or alerts to coaches, parents, players and it keeps a nice tidy record of it all if you have to go back to review a message. I cannot think of a single bug in the software after 3+ years of using TeamSnap. Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of anything negative or a feature that I wish it had. Well done and complete!

robert

November 2022

Facilidad de Gestion de Equipos

Mi experiencia ha sido excelente. Anteriormente solo utilizabamos un grupo de Whatsapp donde muchos mensajes se perdian o era dificil enviar locaciones e instrucciones de manejo para llegar a los estadios o que indumentaria se requeria para cada encuentro. TeamSnap ha solucionado todos esos problemas y la gestion se ha simplificado considerablemente.

Pros

La gran cantidad de herramientas que posee permiten una gesiton facil y rapida de equipos deportivos, torneos, direcciones geograficas de estadios, y comunicacion interna de los integrantes del equipo. etc

Cons

La interface podria ser un poco mas user friendly e intuitiva.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

Porque ofrecia exactamente las herramientas que necesitaba para gestionar facilmente nuestro equipo de futbol de niños, con comunicacion permanente y simple para los padres

Reasons for switching to TeamSnap

Obviemante, TeamSnap es una herramienta mucho mas robusta que un simple servicio de mensajes como Whatsap, y permite una gestion completa del equipo, viajes, mapas, comunicacion, etc

October 2022

Do not invest in this product

Very disappointed

Pros

Customer service is non responsive When there is an issue and there have been many. Customer service is not helpful.

Cons

Customer service Setup to deployment to maintenance Not worth the trouble

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

It was sold as a team organization tool

TeamSnap sales pitch

Emmett

Great app for sports management and athletic families.

Makes life as an athletic family much easier and more organized.

Pros

Made it super easy to check when I have a hockey practice or game and also made this easier for my entire family No bugs that I have stumbled across Very easy to use for anyone, regardless of experience with apps of this type

Cons

Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end. On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

It offered the best service for the best value. No free trials or bugs, etc.

Response from TeamSnap

Thanks for the feedback. We have a few things we are working on to make the mobile apps even faster. We recognize that cellular networks out on the field can be hit or miss and we have some things coming to help.

Replied July 2019

Nicole

Industry: Government Relations

Easy team management and communication tool

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

Pros

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

Cons

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

Todd

TeamSnap automates managing my soccer team

Before I used TeamSnap, I had to remember to send email reminders to the team before each game and practice. I had to manage multiple email addresses from some players (parents, grandparents, etc.). I had to check our snack lineup each week and remind the parent who was supposed to bring the halftime and postgame snacks. Now, I can do all that through TeamSnap, and it automates a lot of those functions. All my parents downloaded the mobile app. I no longer have to worry if a player's demail address dropped off the email chain.

Pros

There are a lot of things I love about this software. I have been coaching youth soccer for almost 10 years. The best feature is the player availability feature. It lets me know who is going to be at each game, and it is easier for the parents to use instead of sending me an email. I also love the automated email reminders so I no longer have to send emails before each game and practice.

Cons

My soccer team only plays about six months of the year (fall and spring) but I have to pay a yearly fee. It would be nice if I could only have to pay for the months I use it.

Kirk

Great Team Management Software

Pros

I have used TeamSnap to manage youth sports teams for years. Very easy to use and very convenient to use to contact parents with updates.

Cons

Some of the features that would be helpful to the team are included only in paid version (not that this offends me at all) but don't want to charge parents additional fees for them so we just go with the free version and make due.

Crystal

Industry: Oil & Energy

May 2022

Love Team Snap

Pros

Very user friendly, very easy, and love you can have schedule and a way to message other team members all in one spot

Cons

nothing, I am happy with this software and wouldnt really change anything

Cam

Teamsnap

Some first time users have a hard time to navigate through their first time.

Pros

Easy to set up teams and easy to use. Has most of the main features that you need to manage your sports teams.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate for first time users. Could use a few extra features yo compare with other platforms.

Adam

October 2022

Adéquate, but not enough features

Meh.

Pros

Team communications were simple, mobile app was pretty well set up.

Cons

It wasn’t integrated fully with registration and scheduling like Teamlinkt.

Brian

Software Works Customer Service Does NOT

The software does what it's supposed to do. However, if I would have read this review before investing money, and time in TeamSnap, I would consider other options. Because of that money and time I feel committed, STUCK! I don't have time to learn a new system, nor right now do I care to. I own my business. If I had their customer support I wouldn't have a business. They get away with it because I doubt very seriously if anyone uses their software full time, including their customer support. Most people using TeamSnap must have the time to read article after article or look at screenshots, oh by the way look absolutely nothing like my screen, or watch a video that's so out of date it makes you even more confused. In a day and age when you can get answers to questions almost instantly, it is infuriating to have to wait 7 to 10 hours to find out what box to check on a form you are creating so that it will function the way you want it to.

Pros

I like the idea of having a software that will integrate into our business that allows us to spend less time on administrative work and more focusing on building our brand

Cons

It's not the software, its the support! There is a learning curve implementing and setting up the software. AND if you find yourself needing support GOOD LUCK! There is NO phone number, but TeamSnap touts that as they are "providing a greater experience of the product " with personal tutorials and screen shots. BS! "LIVE" support is only available from 9am-1pm MT. (I wish I could work a 4hr Day! Someone has been reading too much Timothy Ferriss!) I use the word live sarcastically, Oh there is a button that says Live Chat, but the majority of the time when you need help and think your going to live chat with someone you get a message saying someone will get back to you within a few hours.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

I used it first as a free app for a single team. Later I upgraded to a paid version. Managing a single team is super easy. Now I manage two divisions and 22 teams with the League Plan.

Dave

Keeps making a positive difference to our youth sports program.

Allows our small volunteer lead youth softball organization to operate way above our capabilities from an information technology perspective. It has made our ability to manage registrations and the associated $$ Much more smooth than I ever anticipated. Even in the challenging spring of 2020 when we had to cancel our program because of the Covid pandemic, our ability to offer and process refunds was so simple!

Pros

It was difficult the first year when we abandoned our in person registration for this online solution. We always looked forward to seeing all the families and softball players in January after many months away and we worried about losing that personal touch. We never should’ve worried as our families and our coaches have all benefited from our transition to team snap. From managing all of our registrations, whether for tryouts, clinics, our regular Rec season or Our summer travel seasons, TeamSnap makes it all easy. Families can keep using their daughters profiles for multiple registrations. We can re-purpose prior registration forms each year with only minor changes. We can easily extract the raw data for more detailed analysis in XLS and to provide coaches with advance looks in preparation for team drafts. Draft night is simple with a click all that is needed to add a player to a team. At the end of the draft meeting, all coaches have all the information needed to welcome players to their team. For our coaches, their season is made simple. As schedules are completed, they loaded into their select teams you say Ivette schedule and they can track players availability for every game weeks, assign snack duty, and keep track of all the scores. They can send emails to/from all of the players and keep parents up-to-date on all activities For our entire program, it is easy to send emails to all the coaches or all the families And keep everyone informed.

Cons

It would be nice if after the draft meeting, that players/families couldn’t see everything until their coach has completed all of the phone calls. Kind of a hold/release button that A coach could push when he is finished. Sometimes players know who else is on their team and start complaining before coaches even started making phone calls.

Glenn

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years -Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week. -The ability to track statistics -Easy to use mobile app -The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on: -Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile -I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered. -The top stats feature is cool - it allowed you to show the season leaders for stats. But they did not allow you to set a threshold for minimum games - i.e. a qualified player. So a player who went 2-2 in a single game and didn't play another game all season would lead the team in batting average. -One time I sent out a note to the team to have them mark their availability for the game that week and Teamsnap decided at the same time to do unannounced maintenance on the site, so no one could login -I was on an annual billing plan, but stopped managing the team half way into the year. There was no refund even though I stopped using the site for 6 months.

Glenn

Industry: Graphic Design

March 2022

Manage Your Team in a Snap

Easy to keep track of players and their contact information as well as locations we go to regularly. No more parents asking for an email with addresses for locations or times for events.

Pros

Ease of use for scheduling practices and games. Checking attendance is great, but too easy for players to forget to mark their status. Love the email and message feature that keeps record of what is sent out and to whom.

Cons

I use this primarily for my daughter's travel softball team as the administrator, but need to use a separate app for scoring the games. I wish TeamSnap would integrate a score keeping feature for softball/baseball.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

SportsEngine has awful customer service and tries to rip you off for NOT using certain features.

Cammielle

Excellent team manager tool

I have uses it for years. It is my go to app for team management. I used it seasons with one team and seasons with 15. Its been smooth sailing ans I have no trouble. I use this for communication features as well

Pros

Availability settings make tracking attendance easy. Invoice features have improved and makes it easy to collect funds. Game loading and schedule loading are easy. Accessible from multiple devices. I manage several different teams in one season.

Cons

I wish that non profits could get lower fees. Especially, on merchant fees. It does cut in to our dues with the merchant fees.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

Better value. More user friendly. Integrates better with other calendars. Overall I have had better success

Reasons for switching to TeamSnap

I dont like the texting feature on SE. Its not as user friendly.

Joelle

Almost Great But………Frustrating for Organization Management W/ Multiple Teams or Divisions

I decided to switch our lacrosse club with multiple teams & clinics from another management software after reading positive reviews of Teamsnap. I now realize most of the reviews are from experiences on a single team level, not organizational level. We’ve been using Teamsnap for 2.5 years for registration/payment processing, rostering multiple teams, contact management/communications, and team management, and availability tracking. The software and app are simple to use at the team level, but for organization management some phone support is necessary. The price is low but you pay in hours of frustration. As a youth sports organization administrator I have spent countless hours learning and using Teamsnap. It is tough understanding “best practices” for setting up organizational levels (divisions, teams, and seasons etc). I have read through FAQ’s, watched training videos and how to’s that don’t address some of my specific questions. The biggest problem with Teamsnap for a sports club is the lack of support. There is no phone support at all. Which means I had to spend time and frustrating amounts of brainpower trying to type out explanations of my issue in emails and responses are anywhere from several hours up to 2 days to receive an answer back. Usually first response will link to the how-to guides I have read and do not pertain to my question so it goes back and forth to get an answer. As a parent volunteer this is too frustrating and consuming.

Pros

This software is excellent for a coach or a manager to use for single team management. It simplifies communicating with players and families. Email or group chats are easy for using amongst players or coaches. You can easily see who is on a team you are a member of. Player availability can be easily tracked for practices and games to help coaches plan. Volunteers or snacks/drink assignments can be created for each game or event. As a parent and a team manager I have very positive experiences using it over multiple years and sports. Both the free and paid team plans are great for a single team.

Cons

No phone support available. When running an organization an administrator needs the ability to talk to a support person to avoid problems and help with issues that are not covered in how-to’s and help videos. The chat feature on the website is a bot responding with generic help topics that I have already read. Emailing support means waiting days up to a week of back and forth to get an answer that isn’t just linking to helpless how-to’s. Most youth sports are run by volunteers with fulltime jobs outside of team sports management and the time and brain power to implement a paid product like Teamsnap needs better support. I would pay more for phone support. Every registration I set up I think “It will be simple now that I've done it,”. But different variables have made the need for support an issue every season. I have noticed that my issues have been addressed in future how to articles which seems like I am a beta tester for Teamsnap that should be compensated for my time testing their product. I have had some scheduled customer support virtually after weeks of no help and the support team has always been very polite and apologetic and have solved my problems in short time via zoom screensharing. If organization level plans could include customer support access it would solve this very large issue.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

See above on why I made the switch.

Reasons for switching to TeamSnap

I had good experiences using Teamsnap for team management and our previous software was terrible for communicating with team members etc. and difficult to use for most things.

Marlene

Very Disappointed - Overpromised and Underdelivered

I was trying to get a better way to communicate with our teams and streamline invoicing and payment plans. So far this program has done nothing but take hours out of my day responding to emails from my customers that they can't access their TeamSnap account.

Pros

The color palate chosen for the software is nice. At this point I'm so frustrated with customer service and all the things that don't work right, that if there were anything good I don't remember.

Cons

Customer service is a bunch of emails back and forth or a link to a help article. It takes over a week for the Onboarding person to schedule you, but by then you are already knee deep in the program, and guess what, the Onboarding guy has to get back to you with answers to your problems and yes...3 days later, I'm still waiting. You get an hour of their time then it is back to emails again. They want specific examples of the problem with the registration which would be very difficult to explain in words without being able to show them. One phone call could resolve the issue, but instead they'd rather email back and forth for 2 days. My players can't get into the system. Half the parents can't be invited to join because someone in the family has already accepted and that button is now gone. I have parents with the players name in the app. I have families that every time the update one child it changes the name of the other child to the first child then back again. The financials and invoicing is a joke. You can't apply discounts to invoices (we give an early contract signing discount and sibling discounts). You have to do the math and enter the total. Parents will never be able to see what discounts have been applied. Have divorced parents who pay separately. You have two set up two accounts for the player, so now they get two of every email, text, chat, alert. You can't customize the installment payment options.

Reasons for choosing TeamSnap

Sports Engine is used for National and Regional memberships for my club and is the most complicated, poorly designed product ever. Playbook uses a payment processing company that to me was questionable, SportsPlus did not have a user friendly vibe and League Apps didn't have the ability for parents to use their computer, only their phone.