• Pros

• "It's easy to use and easy to read and doesn't have alot of bells and whistles"

• "This software is extremely user friendly, helps manage and coordinate with my players and parents all in one app. "

• "The fact that I get an awesome experience on both web and mobile! My players can use this on their phones just as easy as they can while they are at work to update game statuses, etc."

• Cons

• "It could be a little more user friendly in certain areas. When having to add some events manually, it would take me a very, very long time to get all of my information in."

• "I can't think of anything. I love TeamSnap! Everything works smoothly with my iPhone but Other phones seems to have troubles with photo features"

• "I wish there was a one time fee instead of a monthly payment. The monthly fee is very small however it would be nice to have the option of an annual fee. The fee is to remove the ads from the app."

Browse TeamSnap Reviews

Kit from 16U Softball Northern California

This is a great app! Tell your coach you gotta have it :)

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of features that are helpful. I am a parent of a teen-aged athlete and have a hard time keeping up with her practice, game, and travel schedule. With TeamSnap all that can be put in one central place that's easy to use. There are other features too, like contact info of other parents, who's assigned to bring what at tournament, etc. Anyone can send messages or alerts to coaches, parents, players and it keeps a nice tidy record of it all if you have to go back to review a message. I cannot think of a single bug in the software after 3+ years of using TeamSnap. Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of anything negative or a feature that I wish it had. Well done and complete!

Emmett from St. Paul's High School

Great app for sports management and athletic families.

Makes life as an athletic family much easier and more organized.

Pros

Made it super easy to check when I have a hockey practice or game and also made this easier for my entire family No bugs that I have stumbled across Very easy to use for anyone, regardless of experience with apps of this type

Cons

Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end. On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time.

Reasons for Choosing TeamSnap

It offered the best service for the best value. No free trials or bugs, etc.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We have a few things we are working on to make the mobile apps even faster. We recognize that cellular networks out on the field can be hit or miss and we have some things coming to help.

(tj) Tom from Singapore Lacrosse Association

Very Complicated

Pros

This software seems to have most/all of the bells and whistles, but it's very complicated to use. If you're running a big organization or league, then it probably makes sense, but if you're just a team it's definitely overkill. We use about 10% of the features.

Cons

Customer support is mediocre. The help files seem to frequently be related to a previous version of the product or for some other reason I'm frequently unable to make it do what the help files say it should. Really the software is just WAY to complicated to use, I think given all the features if they did some usability design, they could make a really wonderful product, but the current interface is very confusing and unless you use it all day every day, you'll find every time you use it to be frustrating. Also, its very expensive. I looked at, but didn't trial, other products, but ended up staying with TeamSnap which was what my predecessor had selected because of inertia. I wanted to change, but didn't feel like doing the work of convincing the coaches and board members to switch and then doing the work of switching and educating the players and coaches who already had TeamSnap.

Reasons for Choosing TeamSnap

I didn't choose it, I inherited it. I would have selected a simpler, less expensive product with a more intuitive user interface.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied August 2019

Sorry you found the product confusing. We pride ourselves on ease of use. We would love to hear any places that you found confusing so we can work on them. Ken General Manager

Ramin from Mystic River FC

TeamSnap Review

Overall, the mobile and desktop functionality is what sold me on this tool and why I renew with them every year!

Pros

Cons

The email template for this template is not as friendly as I would like. Formatting is a bit raw and you cannot make emails look as presentable as I'd like.

Mobile functionality!

Nicole from U.S.Army Research Development and Engineering Command HQ

Industry: Government Relations

Easy team management and communication tool

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

Pros

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

Cons

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

Ryan from Powerlight Media

Teamsnap is the current leader in team management for sports and events

I've used it for a long time and it's fairly simple and universal for parents and coaches. I'll continue to use it, but would be nice to have a few more options included without additional charges

Pros

We all need a central place to keep track of all our kids' sporting events. The adding of schedules and multiple teams is very helpful and convenient.

Cons

You need to pay for a lot of the upgrades, including "availability" where the user can mark if they can or cannot attend a practice, game, etc.

Janis from Toledo Cherokee 2010

Best software for managing team sports

The ease of use and how universal the program is made it a clear choice for our communication needs.

Pros

I love how easy TeamSnap is to update games, tournaments and events for all of the families involved. Being able to intergrade the schedule to my phones calendar was a huge help.

Cons

There was nothing about the software that I didn't like. It was easy to use and update as needed. GREAT tool for any team sports group.

Heather from LUXE Design Group

Industry: Graphic Design

Does the job!

It's been positive and I wish my kids' other coaches would use the same app so everything was in one place!

Pros

Pretty easy to use for our entire soccer team. Our Coach chose it after switching from another app. It has messaging where you can message the whole team or individuals. The coach puts in all events and has links to locations, etc. which makes it easy to just click and open it in your navigation. Has a team roster and the coach can add stats. Everyone can add photos. We use the free version I am pretty sure but there is a paid version that is Ad free.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. The ads are annoying of course, but I get it. They gotta make money somehow! You can buy a paid version without ads.

Puspa from Frisco Symphony Orchestras

Industry: Fine Art

Convenient Tool for large groups

It’s been a good app that has allowed me to be connected to others in the organization and also parents and students who are members of our organization. Every week they are automatically reminded of rehearsals. Everyone gets the emails and text notifications promptly. Also for instance this week, we sent out notice cancelling our rehearsal in view of Covid-19. Didn’t have to send individual emails, just had to update on Teamsnap.

Pros

It allows for repetitive messages to be sent to a large group. It’s convenient to send an urgent message or reminder or direction to a large group of persons all via email and text messages.

Cons

The price is quite high for the facility. Many groups are using this app especially sports groups, the yearly membership should be reduced.

Kim from Hopewell Valley Regional School District

Easy Way to Track Kids Sports Schedule

We use this app to track my son's soccer schedule. It's easy to enter your availability and to enter notes about why you aren't coming to practice or a game. It's also nice that directions to the game can be obtained from the app. And you can check who else is or is not coming to the game or practice and you can message your team mates parents if you need a ride. Overall good simple app but too many ads.

Pros

It's easy to use and easy to read and doesn't have alot of bells and whistles

Cons

The ads - both within a screen and the ones that pop up

Glenn from Western Asset

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years -Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week. -The ability to track statistics -Easy to use mobile app -The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on: -Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile -I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered. -The top stats feature is cool - it allowed you to show the season leaders for stats. But they did not allow you to set a threshold for minimum games - i.e. a qualified player. So a player who went 2-2 in a single game and didn't play another game all season would lead the team in batting average. -One time I sent out a note to the team to have them mark their availability for the game that week and Teamsnap decided at the same time to do unannounced maintenance on the site, so no one could login -I was on an annual billing plan, but stopped managing the team half way into the year. There was no refund even though I stopped using the site for 6 months.

League Administrator

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

Pros

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

Cons

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Martin from Aptean

Probably the best team sports management software....

Pros

Easy to use, does what most clubs need and saves significant time for both coaches and parents. My club have 40+ football (soccer) teams, which overs over 500+ players and teamsnap manages everything from registration, team and club communications, games and training and availability... and more. Great customer support also :)

Cons

No real cons... having the cloud version and app version make it easy to use and new features are continually rolling out... over the last two years of using this it has got better and better

Tori from Washington Spirit

Lots of notifications

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

Pros

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

Cons

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Response from TeamSnap

Replied January 2019

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

Todd from Orange County (N.C.) Government

TeamSnap automates managing my soccer team

Before I used TeamSnap, I had to remember to send email reminders to the team before each game and practice. I had to manage multiple email addresses from some players (parents, grandparents, etc.). I had to check our snack lineup each week and remind the parent who was supposed to bring the halftime and postgame snacks. Now, I can do all that through TeamSnap, and it automates a lot of those functions. All my parents downloaded the mobile app. I no longer have to worry if a player's demail address dropped off the email chain.

Pros

There are a lot of things I love about this software. I have been coaching youth soccer for almost 10 years. The best feature is the player availability feature. It lets me know who is going to be at each game, and it is easier for the parents to use instead of sending me an email. I also love the automated email reminders so I no longer have to send emails before each game and practice.

Cons

My soccer team only plays about six months of the year (fall and spring) but I have to pay a yearly fee. It would be nice if I could only have to pay for the months I use it.

Roger from Telecommunications

Most popular, User friendly team management software.

TeamSnap made it easy to manage a team roster, inform the team of the game schedule, check attendance and communicate with the team.

Pros

TeamSnap is easy to set up and use. It makes it easy to communicate with parents on your team via email or text. You can schedule games, check attendance, track payments, post team photos, and email the entire roster from your email account.

Cons

Cost. Free version is very 'stripped'. Paid version is excellent, but you have to pay per team, and there is no discount for subsequent years, multiple years or additional teams. Cannot roster on and off players for different seasons/tournaments.

Laura from Syserco

TeamSnap is the ONLY software to use for team managment

I have tried other options (been forced to by orgs that don't use snap) and no one comes close. They save you tons of time with the repeat feature and they always respond immediately to inquiries.

Pros

Great interface- they really get what people need to manage teams. Quick response from customer support.

Cons

Price has been steadily rising which is not a big deal as the team splits it. They do allow you to keep your original amount if you have had a team for years.

Organize any team with TeamSnap!

In my opinion, every team should use this application, it`s awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son`s upcoming games, practices and scores. I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click. It allows coaches and parents to stay connected on one easy to use platform.

Cons

The corny tag lines they use when uploading new content.

Jim from Judiciary

Lines of communication

I loved the fact that you can share the schedule and update/changes to the schedule are real-time and you can choose who to send notifications to. I like the fact that you can send notifications using text or email.

Pros

Executive summary: -Easy of use: 4 stars -User interface: 3.5 starts(learning curve) -Payment: 5 stars easy to upgrade/downgrade on the fly -Inviting others: 5 stars. Ability to invite and join your group/club: easy(it shows who is online/offline) -Support: 5 stars -Functionality: 5 stars -Web page integration: 5 stars -Security: 5 stars

Cons

-I wanted to only notifications at specific intervals, example every other week. I was not able to do that in the version I was using. It's either at specific days ahead of the due date or none at all. I would like to be able to send bi-weekly or once a month.

Diana from Hospital & Health Care

Incredible!

Pros

Clear, concise and easy to use. Great phone functionality. Easy roster management and attendance tracking tool. Easy email messaging and TeamSnap Live chat tool. You can opt-in or opt out of practice reminders. TeamSnap is the best tool I've found in the sports team management space. I've used other software, and TeamSnap does everything seamlessly.

Kirk from Litigation Support Services - Cincinnati, OH

Great Team Management Software

Pros

I have used TeamSnap to manage youth sports teams for years. Very easy to use and very convenient to use to contact parents with updates.

Cons

Some of the features that would be helpful to the team are included only in paid version (not that this offends me at all) but don't want to charge parents additional fees for them so we just go with the free version and make due.

Michelle from Education Management

We use this to manage our traveling soccer team.

The cost of this product is great for the amount of information you can quickly manage your team.

Pros

Cons

This software gives you the opportunity to manage multiple teams but the ability to see all teams at one time is an additional cost to the base.

Jennifer from English Lutheran Church

Great to keep updated!

We have been using it for two years since my kid started soccer and it's just really great overall.

Pros

We have a soccer complex that tends to flood.... this app is able to alert every player and parent to last-minute changes in scheduling or locations. You can also follow allow with the live game if you're unable to attend.

Cons

Nothing. This seems to work great for our team. And now I'm just going to say try it out because I have to fit the word minimum and I have no cons about this app! :)

Jessica from Dawson Grey Real Estate

TeamSnap for T-ball

This software was perfect for keeping the T-ball team up to date on the games and practice schedule.

Pros

I used this software for my son's T-ball team. It was great to keep in touch with the team parents and update on games.

Cons

This was a great software to keep organized during the T-Ball season. The only negative part of this software it the notifications were not easy to keep track of new messages. It does notify you but the notification goes away and you have to go into the app to view.

Megan from Wellness & Fitness

Winner

Pros

Great product for teams and families; Love the ability to export dates into iphone calendar; Ability to communicate through texts, emails, or alerts to groups or individuals.

Cons

Would like to be able to share a location or event through text outside of software; Would like to see an overall calendar view.

Andrew from Barter Systems

Great APP for all sports teams

This free APP is perfect for all team sports. It gives up to date information on practices and games . It also lets you communicate with the coach for games and practice status.

Pros

The ease of use. Its super easy to download.

Cons

When I downloaded the app, it brought me to our former soccer team, not our current one.

TeamSnap Love

Using for team sports use and love for our youth volleyball league.

Pros

Easy to set up Group Chats & Team Notifications. Also has a feature for adding other team family members allowing for text or email notifications.

Cons

Would like to see a feature letting you know if members are not receiving messages (bad number or invalid emails).

Response from TeamSnap

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review! We do let you know in most cases if the email is bad or there is some other email error.

Great for organizing a team (which is never easy)

Good team organization, keeps players accountable.

Pros

My hockey team uses TeamSnap to track availability each week. It's better than the alternative which was to send an email to 15 guys and watch as everyone hit's reply all. There are additional features such as assignments (ex. who brings the beer) but we don't really use that.

Cons

I don't know if this is the app or my team manager but we tend to get a lot of emails asking me to confirm my availability. Once I select "Yes I'll be there" I don't want to get more emails about it. But this could be my manager selecting some option for that.

Richard from Traliant

Great product for Baseball

TeamSnap provided a great experience since it removed the need for a group text messages which can get messy if parents have different phones (IOS/Android). This way everything is in one spot and parent can update the availability which greatly reduced the need to reach out to the parents.

Pros

I love how parents can update their child's availability and how you can send parents messages without having to keep a group chat via text messages

Paul from Pinnacle Chiropractic

Great Communication Product

Pros

Our local mountain biking team uses this to communicate with parents. I has been so great to know exactly what it going on and when.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I get to many reminders...

Scotty from Machinery

TeamSnap for Sports Team Management

Players/Parents can share pictures and messages back and forth freely, they just cannot edit Event information.

Pros

TeamSnap is a lifesaver if you coach or manage multiple teams. It allows you to post schedules with times and location (locations link to Google maps - so no-one can go to the wrong field). You can check player status to see who is going to, not going to, or undecided for games, events, and practices. It is an easy way to keep the team updated. Seperate tab for seperate teams helps to keep the times and data straight.

Cons

Cost. TeamSnap is the same cost for each team you manage/coach. Since I coach multiple times I buy a license for each team. It would be good to get a multi team discount.

Chris from MC Baseball

A good way to post schedules and keep everybody informed

Pros

For our travel ball team, we wanted a way for everybody to be able to easily see what is going on, where it is happening, and when exactly said events were taking place. We found it pretty straightforward being able to upload schedules, enter them manually, or perform other day to day operations. It also looks a lot better than me just writing it and posting a picture, and parents see it as a professional tool and definitely feel they are getting their money's worth.

Cons

Response from TeamSnap

Replied July 2019

Appreciate the feedback. We would love to hear more on how we could make the scheduling area easier. If you haven't already, please drop our support team a line with your specifics at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/

Irmita from Healthlabs

Team Snap

Overall I like Team Snap. The entire team in one place, easy to coordinate practices, games, snack schedules as well as notify one another of any updates.

Pros

I like that I can send my schedule to my calendar. Can send emails, messages to multiple people within the group.

Cons

There isn't an option to refresh, I have to exit the app and restart it.

Vince from Colorado Storm Soccer - 04 Elite

Coordinating events, games, practices with several people on a team is a snap!

Pros

The ability to send out mass communication to several different team members is huge. The ability to track scores for games and stats is a bonus as well.

Christine from Self Employed

Team Snap makes managing all my children's activities so much more manageable.

Pros

I love that the schedule connects to my icalander. Changes update automatically. No more digging through dozens of emails. Everything is in one place!

Kirsten from Storm Soccer FC

We love Team Snap!

Pros

It is easy to use, very intuitive, and extremely helpful. We love that it syncs calendars and makes communication easy among a team.

Christine from Townsquare Media

Team updates

Pros

Ease of app and document loading - updates pics etc

Cons

Sometimes the desktop app is the only way to add

October 2013

Paul from Integritech Solutions LLC/ Seattle United Soccer Club /Ballard High School

October 2013

Can't imagine managing teams with anything else

I've been using TeamSnap for a variety of teams for more than five years. As a league registrar for Little League and Youth Soccer, team manager and coach in those sports plus youth basketball High School Golf and Soccer teams I've used lots of league management software solutions. I've used CountMeIn, ngin, Korrio, League Athletics, Sports Affinity, Bonzi plus a few more. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. Those which register easily, don't always schedule or communicate well. Team assignment isn't always a strength. Others have a great template language. None do it all well. The bottom line is that I choose TeamSnap because it single-handedly makes me more efficient when scheduling games and practices, but most importantly when it makes communicating to players, coaches and parents easy. The functions most important once teams have been formed. Even though I must use the league's or association's required site to register, I still choose to purchase services from TeamSnap to manage my event and game schedules and team communications because it does it so much better than anyone else. TeamSnap constantly works to add new features and improve existing ones. I am about to test their league/association site that will allow multiple teams/sports under the same umbrella.

Anthony from YMCA

Best Sports App

Pros

Scheduling for the league is super easy. Can message the entire league with a click of the button. Can send Alerts right to participants phones for any last minute changes.

Cons

Sometimes need to force quit the app to refresh the schedule.

Jason from Association

Great tool to keep track of team attendance!

Pros

The ability to track past and future attendance at team events is really excellent but the best feature is the fact the system sends automated reminders to team members on upcoming events which save me time. This function alone makes it worth getting.

Cons

Sometimes the application doesn't load quickly or sometimes freezes which makes it frustrating. And on occasion, switching between the schedule and roster tabs does the same thing.

Whitney from YMCA of Greater Vancouver

Great Team App

Pros

Love the ability to have the schedule as well as the ability for team members to opt in or out of the games. It also allows you to keep live score updates during games

Cons

only downside is that it is not that customize-able

Jenna from Surge Energy Inc

Industry: Oil & Energy

Small Team Management

Allows you to keep track of attendance and availability. For small teams this would work well and is an easy solution. There are other apps out there I would consider before TeamSnap.

Pros

Great from small teams and if you have multiple spots on the go. Scheduling practices and games is easy. Nice to have everyone's availability.

Cons

Lots of notifications. If you turn them off you could miss something. I couldn't find a way to turn off individual components.

Anton from Como Creek Brewing

Best Sports Team App

Pros

The ease when using this app is by far the best part. Can see all the different team schedules I play on whether its Hockey or Soccer. Super clean and neat. Love it

Cons

The only issue I have with this app is when you create a league, the app doesn't show you the league schedule only individual teams.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied May 2019

Drop us a line and we can talk about options for the league scheduling issue you mentioned. We probably can help you with that.

Great tool to keep team organized

Pros

Easy to sync to native calendar on my phone. Great for knowing where games are and what uniforms we are to wear.

Cons

Wish I could more easily share the calendar with my kids. The ads can be annoying and seem like a money grab.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied August 2019

One thing you might consider is adding your kids (assuming they are old enough to use the system) to TeamSnap. There is a button in the app to add family members. Drop us a line if you need help with that.

Christian from Susa

TeamSnap Works Well for Me

My overall experience with TeamSnap is mostly positive. It helps me to keep my teams organized and infirmary.

Pros

Ease of notification of team members for events

Cons

Multiple rosters for an individual team aren’t an option

Larry D. from Hamilton Relay

Good team App (Awesome for Football!)

Pros

I like being able to communicate with the team and see schedules all in the same place.. The ads.. when they show up do not detract from the app.

Cons

I would like to see better "Live" up to the minute scoring results as part of the app.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied January 2019

We do offer live scoring in the app. We would be interested to hear if you had tried it. It is called TeamSnap Live!

Laura from Dragonfly Web marketing

TeamSanp everything you have been waiting for.

Perfection. I have not had a single issue with this product and have recommended it others.

Pros

Everything. Finally everything in one place. I have loved using this software! It is perfect for work, or outside groups. Keep track of members, what their roles are with in your organization member contact info, and events. You can even use it to keep track of individual fundraising for each member.

Cons

Honestly I love this. I wish more organizations used it. The biggest downfall is the price point for non profit use with large groups.

Great for team management

Pros

Extremely intuitive UX/UI that made it easy to stay in touch with parents and players.

Cons

This is more of a parent issue, but I think the software could contribute to making better use of push notifications and reminders to get parents to fill out information in the app.

Response from TeamSnap

Replied January 2019

Good comments. We agree on the push notifications. We are looking into it.

Lacey from 317Grow

Organized our team with ease

Everything in one place - it streamlines communication, organization, and scheduling.

Pros

Great way for team managers, coaches, parents and players to communicate. I love the tracking option on here. It is great for collecting tournament papers and making sure you have everything. The roster functionality allows you to include pictures, videos, and stats. The chat feature lets all our parents talk and ask questions in one place. It is a lifesaver. We can also live score games and it sends reminders for me, saving a lot of time. they are always working to improve it and add more features. I wish I would've known about it years ago.

Becky from MD Engineering

TeamSnap Review

We use this for our team communication and scheduling.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use for any team. It's easy to enter your information and easy to message the group.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about this software yet. We use it a lot.