What are Building Engines users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Building Engines software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love being able to filter all different kinds of work orders, add comments, and run reports for anything I need."
  • icon"It's very easy to use and gives you the ability to make any request you may need."
  • icon"Everything I need to do is accessible and easy to understand. The inclusion of a mobile app makes making reservations and submitting requests all the more convenient."
  • icon"We were sad that our account rep was switched though."
  • icon"Sometimes the system lags when jumping from page to page."
  • icon"Once your request has been assigned there are no updates in-between when you submitted the request and when the contractor shows up."

Browse all Building Engines Reviews

• Have you used Building Engines and would like to share your experience with others?

Jimmy

November 2015

Excellent work order system!

Pros

Really easy-to-use work order submittal. Simplifies the process for tenants and property management. We also have a secure building, and the visitor access functionality is great- tenant's can add a single visitor at a time, bulk add a list, or set up a recurring visitor (so they don't have to enter it every time). Everything is routed directly to lobby security- very streamlined process.

Cons

The support team is awesome. We were sad that our account rep was switched though...

Building Engines

I have not had any problems with Building Engines. I appreciate the ease of making service requests as well as the convenience of simply logging in and reporting a problem. It's a one stop shop for all of your service needs.

Pros

Part of my job is office management and if there are any issues with our leased office space, we use Building Engines to communicate these issues to the property management company. It's very easy to use and gives you the ability to make any request you may need. Once you log in and make a service request, it is immediately assigned to the appropriate person and they will schedule you in. We recently had an issues with spiders and through Building Engines we simply noted that we had a pest control issue and they sent a contractor out to assist.

Cons

Once your request has been assigned there are no updates in-between when you submitted the request and when the contractor shows up. So, for example, if the building maintenance person has numerous tenants i front of you, it could be a couple of days before he can install new lights. You do not receive any updates as to when approximately you can expect to be helped.

Tiffany

Customer Service Lacking

Overall, the software is fine for it's intended purpose. It has glitches and issues like any software program and I go through a yearly back and forth with BE over these issues. Here's the problem: Customer service and care is greatly lacking. Every year at some point I stop receiving guest arrival notifications. My first step is to contact the building I work in (it's a J. Hancock tower in Chicago) to let them know of the issue (as we are a tenant in a building that uses BE software). After they have very little luck in getting help they pass the ball to us to reach out to BE ourselves. I am usually met with the same canned response every year to do ABC first and make sure before they begin "wasting" their time looking into our issue. So I make sure that ABC is done and determine that is not the problem. Then at some point, after they have suggested a few more things to fix our issue determine that the problem is user error and they close out the ticket stating that I'm not using their software correctly. I've been a user of the software for 5+ years. I have kept all of our email threads with all of this back and forth and looking back, I can see that every year it is the same from them and it always turns out that the issue ISN'T user error in the end. This year I'm having trouble even getting anyone to respond to my emails about our current issue (no guest arrival notifications for OVER 1 MONTH). Unacceptable.

Pros

It's simple to use and has very basic features that anyone should be able to easily understand.

Cons

The occasional glitches where guest arrival notifications aren't working.

Good Software for Property Management Teams

It is a very solid working platform. However, recently they have been having issues with their email service provider sending administrators email notifications for tenant work orders. Despite this minor hiccup, support has been great and you can literally chat with support for troubleshooting online within seconds!

Pros

It’s a pretty intuitive platform that is easy to navigate on managements side, as well as in the tenants side. It’s a great place for tenants to place work orders and make reservations for amenities, as well as for management to track leases, insurance, billing and correspond with tenants.

Cons

You have to contact support to give another administrator permissions, which isn’t made clear during initial use. It’s also annoying that in order to track subcontractors COIs, you have to make a whole profile for them and go through all of this set up as if they were vendors provide a lot of irrelevant information.

Jesse

Technology for Great Service

Pros

We pride ourselves on being a company that is on the cutting edge of technology. Building Engines' Mobile Platform and reporting options give us the ability to realize that commitment and help us to be a premier property management company. The mobile allows us to respond to service requests immediately even when we aren't at a computer. A notification will come through on a device and our maintenance staff is off and running while letting our residents know they are being taken care of.

Cons

There have been times when a new release has come out where, in order for the app to continue working, the solution was deleting the app and downloading it again.

Rick

Great Application!

Pros

Building Eninges' mobile app is excellent for use with their work order system; allowing our maintenance staff to acknowledge a request in real time and address it immediately. As a company we believe Building Engines is an excellent tool to improve efficiency and transparency when it comes to showing tenants how productive we are.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself wishing the software could do something different or more just to find out it does and I just wasn't aware. Finding a way to address all the little add-on features to the main product would be a great improvement.

Justine

Great ticketing system

Pros

I like the ease of submitting tickets. I've been using the system for two years and have never had a problem with it.

Cons

Recently a square pop-up pops up on the desktop version to download the app. It pops up every single time, even though I'm not on a phone, and even if I have pop-ups disabled.

Nil

October 2015

Hands down best support

Pros

There are many options for reaching support, online tickets, call, chat, etc. Most questions are resolved by a live person immediately. They are always willing and flexible to listen and look for a work around if the system can't currently do what we are asking for. We used the Visitor Access feature a lot- completely streamlined the process and integrated with our lobby security.

Cons

There is not much that I didn't like. I found it very easy to use.

Kim

Continuous Improvement and Innovation

Pros

What impresses me most about Building Engines is not only how quickly and painlessly they converted our new buildings to their platform, but also their commitment to continuous innovation and improvement.

Cons

I'm very happy with Building Engines and at the moment nothing comes to mind!

Ryan

It makes doing my job easier. I'm able to submit requests without drafting emails or sitting on hold.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit glitchy, but that is probably user error. I really don't have much to say that would be a negative.

Effective for submitting work orders

Pros

The ease of submitting work orders is great, and our building has set it up with a comprehensive category list.

Cons

The interface is clunky and occasionally buggy. It's not easy to check the status or see comments on work orders you've submitted at a glance. Preferences for emails are not very customizable.

Jeremy

2.5

September 2016

Building Engines User

Pros

It's easy to use from a customer point of view. The drop downs allow you to select the facility easily. Selecting the problem area is clear and it is simple to enter a description.

Cons

No way to escalate requests to the property management firm.

Joseph

Great work order system

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the system lags when jumping from page to page.

Mike

February 2016

SBC Bldg Engines

Pros

User friendly operations, easy to follow instructions and access to needed information. Friendly professional deployment staff.

Cons

Set up time takes a bit of work and once set may need some tweaking to get it right.

4.36/5 out of 14 reviews