eMaint Reviews

4.43 / 5 (271)

Our advisors have recommended this product 89 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like the ease of use and the outstanding customer service"

• "I appreciate the new user interface and it's useful functions"

• "The ability to customize this software is amazing, you can set it up however you want it to look. It can be set up to accomplish whatever you need it to do. Great product"

• Cons

• "The only thing that can seem confusing is the reporting with this system. If you do not know how to work it, it can take a lot of time and training to get this down."

• "The only thing that i feel could use a little tweaking is the mobel version of eMaint. I feel like it could be a little more user friendly (note: I primarily use the full desktop version)."

• "It is very costly, but compared to what you save in time, it's worth it."

Browse eMaint Reviews

Debra from City of Plano

Ease of use and a great customer support staff.......

So easy to keep our radio and system parts inventory up to date. And the daily use of the service request system makes our jobs that much easier. At any given moment I can create a up to date report for my Director and show him how many service tickets we have done and how many are closed or open. I can give them specifics as to how long it takes for certain jobs and how many technicians we currently need.

Pros

It's all about service for me and eMaint definitely has amazing customer service. In today's world it's hard to find a company that raises the bar regarding customer service. If I call or email them they respond immediately. They make using this software enjoyable. Keep up the good work!!!!

Travis from Absolute Energy LLC

Maintenance software for Absolute Energy

We have had our ups and downs, the group has always been good to work with but limited time on set up and implementation limited what we were able to accomplish, so this work continues. The team has been great.

Pros

The flexibility to tailor the system to our work flows. Ease of use. Ability to use the software from an advantage as maintenance. Many options and eMaint staff understand maintenance!

Cons

With all the options it is difficult to follow through the setup, Work flows may help stream line this process? Many of the eMaint personnel have better ideas and experience that we did not know going into the process of migrating from another system. This changed are procedures for the better but a lot of group brainstorming has been needed to specify our needs.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

eMaint met our needs, seemed the easiest for our technicians to navigate and worked with our team to set up an invoicing reconciliation step allocating shipping/tax to the items previously received! This was done at a cost to us but the most important item is that it met a need we had that most maintenance systems do not include.

Michael from Team Concept LLC

A solid system with some external functionality that needs to be worked out.

eMaint is a fine system. If you're not looking to use the email-to-ticket functionality and are good with the user model, I think it can really work well for some organizations.

Pros

The product works well if staying inside the application and not trying to insert tickets externally.

Cons

We got this software to centralize building maintenance tickets, that department wanted some functionality in terms of delegating tickets that our in-house system didn't have. However, management wanted the insertion of tickets to not change. eMaint has an option to email tickets (using csv) and these tickets then get inserted into the eMaint system. This worked fine for a time, however, every time the eMaint system was updated on their end, the email functionality failed. We would have to put in a ticket and it would sometimes take days for the issue to be resolved. This went on for at least 6 months before we decided to pull the plug for this specific reason.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

eMaint was chosen because it seemed to meet our needs and mostly did except for the email-to-ticket functionality continually breaking after their system updates. If they had fixed that, we'd still be with them.

Joel from Dana Inc.

Best CMMS System Bar None

I have done two implementations with eMaint at two different companies and several other implemenations in my 36 years previous past experience. eMaint is by far the best product and team that i have ever worked with and I look forward to continue this relationship until I retire!

Pros

eMaint is flexible and easy to use, it reporting and workflow function make it extremely valuable in make the data gathered accessible and actionable. This along with the fluke connectivity make it the most user friendly and powerful maintenance tool in the box ! I have been in Maintenance for 36 years and this is the best system i have ever used, customer service is the best out there and the team is awesome!

Cons

Sometimes the the system does get a bit confusing going between tasks but the team has been working out these bugs.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

Service, quality and price were all in eMaints favor.

Kevin from ECC

Very frustrating experience

During the sales process we specified 2 items that we needed. These were items that other companies had said they could offer and we were shown examples of them working. Emaint said they could do the same with no problems, "we have 2 options to do this", I was told. We signed up to Emaint in September 2019. After weeks of prep work and adding data to their templates we began the implementation process. After 2 weeks implementation, cracks began to show and the items we had specified were now impossible tasks for emaint. Following a few e-mails, we were told that they had resolved the issue and we could continue implementation. One more week, more wasted time and we were again told they could not deliver on what they had promised. We stopped the implementation process and asked for a refund based on the fact that they could not deliver on what they had promised and what we had signed up for. I was passed from one department to another and staff member to staff member. No-one would return my e-mails which in itself was extremely frustrating. One of the staff that I had been dealing with followed up briefly for me and stated that Emaint "could not deliver what was promised even after multiple attempts." Following nearly 8 weeks of e-mails without reply and constant chasing and more wasted time, Emaint agreed to refund some of our money. They kept over 1100 +VAT, put us months behind schedule, cost us days worth of labour. I could not possibly recommend anyone waste their time.

Pros

Huge amount of features that could be helpful. Implementation expert was very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Too many work arounds needed. Too many steps for very simple processes. The whole process fell apart after they could not deliver 2 services we were promised were possible before signing up.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

They promised great features and and easy implementation but unfortunately we were misled.

Response from Fluke Corporation

Replied February 2020

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. As for your overall experience with eMaint, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and are looking into this situation further. Although we were quick to confirm that what you were looking for could not be done, we agree that the refund should have dealt with in a more timely manner. While this is a situation that we don't often find ourselves in, we take full responsibility for the delay. We thank you for both your persistence and patience here. Aine Whelan

David from Chelten House Products

Industry: Food Production

Experinces both Good & Bad

The implementation was underwhelming. I had to figure out the majority of the form design on my own by watching videos. I didn't have the greatest interactions with our implementation specialist and I was frustrated by the lack of response from our initial customer success manager. I have had good and bad experiences with eMaint support. I have reached out with issues with a number of the forms we use and was told that certain alterations and customizations weren't possible, so I have adapted to do more stuff manually than I had to in our pervious software. The format of the WO print out is bad, especially the checklist section. There was a significant cost difference between our previous software and eMaint and at this point I am not sure if the cost difference is justified.

Pros

The interface is nice and it's easy to navigate. I enjoy eMaint university and all the webinars. I like the ability to alter certain forms. I love the interactive map tool.

Cons

I don't like layout of the WO print out or PO forms. Its very difficult to get help customizing any of these forms. I am unable to print photos with WO unless the are in PDF form. It is very difficult to track component failure. I would like a history of components changed on a machine, but I don't know if this is possible. I wish it was possible to respond to a WO request through eMaint to ask more questions. I also would like a means of editing photos within eMaint.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

Head of operations has previous experience with software

Ken from Parker Hannifin / Exotic Metals Forming

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Emaint CMMS review

The commitment to a thorough and conscientious data input is key. The more effort put into that, the more you'll get out of it later. We are a fast growing company, so this process is ongoing. Because of our growth, we are moving equipment and re-setting up cells and department. To have all the information on each asset readily available makes those moves so much easier to plan for . It is also essential for planning annual budgets. to see what it cost to operate individual assets in the past makes it easy to plan on when we might want to replace them. The flexibility of eMaint has been a great tool for us.

Pros

As an administrator I appreciate the flexibility with customizing the program to my needs and the ability to continue making changes and tweeks as our needs change. We have been using eMaint for 10 plus years know and the ability and depth that we can review our assets is just wonderful. You can even see our learning curve as to what data is important and relevant has changed over time. Garbage in Garbage is still relevant, so you should spend a lot of time understanding what you want to get out of any CMMS program so you know what you want to capture. Thoroughly entering all data about each asset pay reward later also. Voltages, amperage, location, Motor nameplates as well as spare parts is all a big part of set up and take a fair amount of time, but pay dividends down the road.

Cons

It is disappointing that eMaint cannot be integrated with our Infor XA program. Company purchases go through one program and do not update eMaint the way it could unless everything is re-entered a second time. Who has time or resources for that? Consequently our spare parts program does not run as smoothly as we would like.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

Customizing and flexibility for our future needs.

Robert from Dana

A CMMS that is designed for Maintenance Teams!

We meet all requirement and even started creating training videos in PowerPoint and then embed them in out dashboard for all to view, we can even track who reviews these videos!

Pros

eMaint is the most versatile maintenance software I have used! I have been in Maintenance for 40+ years, and eMaint CMMS is great! Work Order management where the Trades and Crafts people document their labor hours, parts used, repair comments, track MTBF, MTTR, and safety tracking! This also includes a inventory parts, document storage, easy to write work request and work orders to be directed to the correct Trade group as needed. I also can tell you that our Auditors rated this process as "Best in Class" !! Meets all requirements plus some!

Cons

At this time, I can think of one issue that needed resolved!

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

I used SAP in the past and during the eMaint trials it wasn't long before I realized eMaint was for us! Now were rolling this out globally!

Chad from T Baker Smith, LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Outstanding CMMS Solution

We are able to gather a true cost of ownership and a true cost per use of all of our assets. Our maintenance technicians are able to see what they will need to work on each day. Our field personnel can easily and quickly log a new work order request from their phones. The customer support is outstanding. Most questions or issues can be resolved in minutes.

Pros

This software is very customizable. It can be taylor built for your specific needs. It is also very easy to interface with other programs to combine data into one place. The work order function is very helpful. We are able to determine a true cost of use for each of our assets which as been a game changer for us.

Cons

It is almost too customizable. You will need to build a blue print of how you want to build it and what you need to get out of it before you start.

Response from Fluke Corporation

Replied January 2020

Hi Chad, We're happy to hear about the success you're having with eMaint CMMS. It's great to hear about the success companies have experienced while using the eMaint system. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything our team can do to assist you further. Thanks for your comments. Sincerely, Mark Roland eMaint Customer Success Manager

Corey from ST Paper

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Asset Managment

I use emaint on a daily bases and have moved most of our planning over to it. It has its short comings but it is a nice tool.

Pros

Emaint turned out to be very easy to get started. Made a few excel lists with all our assets, people and emails and we were off and running. It would be nice if parts tracking was as easy.

Cons

Inventory tracking is not as easy and purchase requisitions requires multiple advance degrees.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

Because our other mill had it.

David from Anaergia Services, LLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great CMMS Program with many use cases

Pros

The software comes "out of the box" ready to use on a base level. Customization of fields, forms, and functionality (through workflows and other means) is very simple and the customer support team is always there to help you implement your ideas and goals; outstanding team honestly. The system really excels in helping you track your assets and inventory in a very clean and organized way.

Cons

I have found that even though there is a LOT that can be done in the system to make it work for your specific application, there have been a few limitations in areas that I would have thought would be better. We are on X4 and its still based on their X3 system and certain parts put you back into X3 mode and it can be a little confusing at times, like in the pending POs section, and other parts of the purchasing area in general. There have also been some functionalities of the system that I would have thought would have been standard for workflows of the system but aren't, most though were able to be added to some degree. Also the formatting of reports is clunky and annoying at times; certainly improvements to be done with doing a betting "mass" report publish for things like monthly report and such.

Cory from Exotic Metals Forming Company

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Powerful software. Can be overwhelming for less tech savvy admins. Customer Support is world class.

Pros

Customer support is the best that I have ever experienced. Their support team is well trained in maintenance reliability concepts, so they are quick to understand the unique requirements of your company. Better yet, they share this wealth of knowledge through their very helpful "Online eMaint University". They have various training programs & opportunities & very frequently hold local conferences that focus on both concepts & the software "how to's". The software itself is very powerful. The reports module gets my "most improved" award & is complete with graphs & instruments. If you can dream it, you can run a report on it. You have lots of freedom to customize the software in (most of) the right places so long as you can handle the learning curve or have an aptitude for database management but, out of the box, it should suffice for most companies as you can lean on eMaint support for help with customizing & much more. One of the strongest selling points for this software is that they joined forces with & are now owned by Fluke Corporation & are offering a line-up of Fluke tools that integrate with their software to bring condition monitoring, data analysis & reporting to a whole new level. Another favorite feature of mine is the eMaint Community, where you can post your ideas for new or improved software features or vote on other user's ideas. I get the sense that many of eMaint's feature updates are based on ideas on this forum & I'm glad they are listening to their users.

Cons

eMaint X4 has seemingly been the "beta" of the long awaited eMaint X5 due later this year (2017). The problem is that while X4 has been available & increasingly functional, its been over two years & there has been no official upgrade from X3 to X4 and some modules still exclusively use the old X3 platform that haven't received any upgrades. A specific example is the work order/pm scheduler. X4 is very aesthetically pleasing and functional but navigating from to the scheduler module is a transition comparable to drinking a cool glass of ice water & then choking down a spoonful of sand. As far as functionality of the scheduler, I have tried several times to learn how to use it & each time I walked away wondering why it was ever implemented in the first place. It's difficulty of setup & general usage far outweighs any usefulness it might have. While eMaint has done great with keeping up with updates to most of the modules, they would do well to step it back a bit & get caught up with some key modules that have been neglected for too long. Form design is another key function that could use some attention.

Boyd from Cardinal CG

July 2011

Cardinal CG, Buford Georgia is one of 28 Cardinal Glass facilities manufacturing residential glass products. Upon my joining the Buford plant, the company had not made a profit in five years. The company lacked organization and was not producing product in an efficient manner. Our facility is unique to the other Cardinal plants, because we have two separate manufacturing processes running as separate cost centers. Because of the structure of the company, each cost center has separate support staff (i.e. maintenance, engineering and management). In October 2008, I joined the Cardinal CG Buford location. As Tempering Maintenance Manager, I was challenged with turning the Tempering production side of the operation around. There was no CMMS system in place and no one was tracking the machine downtime. Safety was out of control; there were three accidents in my department in the first two weeks of my accepting the position. Vibration analysis reports were not being reviewed and costly failures were frequent. The department had a shift log book, but the data was not in a format that could easily be put into a database. The Coating Maintenance department was using MP2 for their data collection. In an effort to get a CMMS up and running quickly, I acquired an additional license and began to enter data. After a week or two, I attempted retrieve some of the data in MP2, but the reporting feature had not been installed. I then contacted the CMMS vendor (Mp2) to inquire about reporting my data in the format needed. After several conversations relating to the reporting within the CMMS, I was told that they could not provide the report that my boss had requested. I offered to purchase the reporting module, but no one attempted to follow up with my request. This is how the search for a new system began. Because my background and interest was in CMMS programs, I began my search on the Internet. I had followed various CMMS over the years, and realized that an investment in a CMMS program could be very costly. As I searched, indicators were leading me toward a cloud-based system. The criteria for the CMMS was (1) support had to be readily available on all shifts and (2)the cost of implementation had to be low. One of my concerns was transferring the data from MP2 to the new database. Time to implement was critical also. I had to drive the downtime down. My selection came down to E-Maint X3 . The product demo offered online provided all of the initial answers to the questions that would come forth during a selection process for a CMMS. Because it is a subscription-based system, the cost to implement is very low. The implementation of EMaint was simple and very fast. I had total control of the implementation process. The transfer of the data files went without a hitch. I cannot begin to express how well the transition went. One of the greatest strengths of E-Maint is the administrator can change any of the field names or report formats. Unlike other programs where there is a fee each time you make a change to the program, E-Maint allows you to format your database to suit your industry. E-Maint is not just another canned product that you take as-is. Of course when you mention a web based program, management initially will push back because they do not want employees to access the Web. I suggested to E-Maint that they setup an email address for work requests to dump into and then pull the data to a work request form. This has proven to be the answer to get around issues with accessing the Internet. E-Maint provides all of the security levels needed to prevent just anyone from accessing your data. Because of the ability to send request via email, all requests dump to my iPhone and I have put an iPhone on the department golf cart for quick response. Because E-Maint is web-based, I could bring my crew into a conference room and review the program on a weekly basis. The training as a group lasted about 2 hours. The program is user-friendly and the subscription to E-Maint University has proven to assist the technicians in the use of the program. Customer support for the product is second to none. In most cases all of my issues are resolved during the phone conversations. The only real problems that I have experienced with E-Maint are those that I caused myself because of the freedom to change the program. It only takes one phone call to straighten the issue out. Customer Support will provide you a direct line to a technician so that you can work with the same person and build the relationship necessary to help build confidence in the use of the CMMS. Since implementation of E-Maint, we have continued to reduce machine downtime. Once the original CMMS database was functional we established a goal of 5% downtime or 95% UPTIME. Since the implementation of E-Maint we have established a goal of 98% UPTIME and have consistently hit 97.7% and at the time of the most current report we are at 99.34%.

Brian from Micro-Coax

July 2011

We began searching for a CMMS about 2 years ago. We explored our present CCMS system supplier, trying to get it to communicate with our ERP system, but were dissatisfied with the results. I once found myself in a hour-long conference call with our I.T. director, our ERP in-house person, myself, and our Maintenance Supervisor, speaking to our ERP Consultant, to go over the email I sent previously with a detailed list of questions. At the end of the meeting, it dawned upon me we had spent $250.00 in direct costs to our ERP consultant and wasted several hours of time for each of the individuals listed above in order to get some questions defined that I had already submitted. This was looking like a long and painful road. I began looking around at other systems from other companies, with the idea of using Excel to import into our ERP. The entire concept of SaaS was new to me, and instantly I saw the benefits as if it were made just for us: low initial cost, no server space to hold the program, ease of use on site and off and limited involvement by our overstressed I.T. department. We won management approval, and the system was turned on August 2010. In the year since, we have completed and documented a staggering number of jobs. Our craftsman and contractors use the system basically to justify the hours they have on their timecards or invoices. When a request is submitted, and approved, it is assigned and from there our craftsman self manage their work. Our past system was a home-grown version of Excel, and while it was a first step, its difficulty made it a roadblock to quantify each and every job performed. The implementation of eMaint was easy and involved getting the assets correct as documentation revolves around the asset numbers. Once we knew what we wanted to see, we customized the reports desired from the list of available reports and we were on our way. Daily reports of previous day's activity enables us to see what my direct reports and contractors accomplished. If I ran into program problems with eMaint, I kept a logbook with issues to discuss with eMaint and we emailed, or called, to resolve. Response has been good, and most of our issues are resolved quickly, and if not we keep discussing until we come to a resolution. We have not needed enough support to generate an invoice as of yet. My maintenance team is computer savvy, but we still needed to go over some items from time to time. Once we got over the hump regarding the task of documenting each job, the craftsman were on board. Then when we showed them the job count, and how many jobs each one was doing each month, the increase in self pride was obvious. Now the craftsman ask for work orders for each job they run across, and instead of viewing it as an roadblock, they understand this is a visible validation of their hard work. In addition, having a system as easy to use, and easy to view past history as eMaint is, allows us to look for past clues on how a problem was solved. Additionally, we have a much better PM system in place, allowing us to do things the same way each time we perform a PM evolution. The past year was exciting, interesting, and revealed a lot about this company's maintenance department. We always though we did a good job, but there is a big difference in our upper management's eyes when we now tell them 'Let me show you' instead of 'I feel'. Now we have documentation showing our strengths and our weaknesses. Using eMaint has brought pride to the department, allowed continuity in job plans and PM performance, and allowed us to work on our areas of concern. These were not goals when I began the search for a CMMS system, but since have eclipsed the system itself and really have made us a more efficient department. We are now exploring how to use eMaint in our engineering department and our tool and die department.

matthew from HCCR

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Customized

The various options for service or help are great. The messaging option is quick and even phone calls are received or return in a very fashionable time. They want the customer to get the best product for their needs.

Pros

The software allows for easy customization to your needs. eMaint's team of professionals will help you get the product functionality that you desire. The software is adjustable by the property's administrator and does not always need eMaints help. The ease of making tweaks and adjustments allows great adaptability to situations that arise.

Cons

The initial cost and set up was hard to serve to upper management. The overall options for customization can be overwhelming.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

At the time eMaint had more of what we were looking for. Hippo's interactive map is a nice feature just wasn't robust enough for us at the time of the decision.

David from Anaergia Services, LLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great out of-the-box solution to CMMS

Great overall experience from my past year and a half using the system, working with multiple CMMS, attending multiple in person training, and using their online training tools. I am always recommending eMaint to anyone that i think could benefit from a system of this caliber.

Pros

The software has all the basic features and functionalities that you need for a great CMMS program, that is adaptable and customization for many industries and demands. There is more in the system than i think most customers even take advantage of, but the customer support team has always been there to help brainstorm ideas and best practices for implementing the system to deliver what you need.

Cons

There are certain scenarios that the system can act a little glitchy at times in regards to the reports and report output into HTML/excel that can be frustrating, in terms of formatting not being adjustable and other quirks that you just have to accept. For example the excel reports only export as an excel 2003 doc, i mean come on that is sooo outdated, and then on top of that all the columns are tiny, and you have to manually drag them out each time, these are small annoyances. The HTML exported reports also have no page margins, so the table literally goes all the way to the edge of the page, making parts get cut off upon printing, and this is something that cant be adjusted in the system. There are other limits that the system can just not do for reporting that i wish it could. In general though, the bulk of my grips with the system are all reporting based, the system itself and its functionality and consistency with the base CMMS module is great and even the reporting is still great, just small improvements could be made to make it even better.

Terri from Lake of the Torches Resort Casino

Great Experience thus far

Thus far, my experience has been great. My implementation specialists (I had to switch during my implementation period) did their best to fully describe things to me and try to assist in set up. Due to time constraints, I have still not been able to fully get all my information on the system, but when I run into problems, my CSM is quick to help me out. Anytime I have had to call Support, they have taken care of my issue the same day (if not within the hour) - The support is invaluable!

Pros

That the basic software covers a lot of my needs, but is also customizable to my needs that are not already built in.

Cons

I get intimated by some of the steps it takes to manage the forms.

Reasons for Choosing eMaint

I thought it was more user friendly, I liked the way I could maneuver between screens without too much clicking - Most importantly, the service sold me - I could contact a human person if I had a question. I like the idea of emaint, so that I could continue to learn about the program, and In addition, the customer support beyond our implementation was big for me.

Stephen from Santa Cruz Seaside Co.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

This product actually works.

I'm coming from Bigfoot CMMS and my organization made the switch over to eMaint. eMaint made a data transfer template because enough customers were switching away. I think every user we have has gave two thumbs up on that decision. I've only heard a few times during the transition/development process "oh that's hard-wired into the program, we can't change that" You can change almost anything you want. You want a drop-down menu here instead of freeform type field, done! The load times between pages are actually reasonable. To me it's lightning. Rarely see error messages, too!

Pros

SPEED! Data Dictionary. Almost fully customizable forms. eMaint University provides training right there for end-users. Development/customer support communicated during the hurricane that hit Florida last year. It actually feels like a finished product, and your organization can work with eMaint to tailor it to your needs. Requestors are available to not have logins, submit requests through a website and receive automated emails on progress.

Cons

Every once in a while you encounter bugs (taxing twice on invoices, random stuff), but I'm willing to look past that because the development team seems competent enough to fix all the problems we have had so far. I'm told eMaint licenses/how we are using licenses costs more than Bigfoot, but I haven't seen the invoices to give particulars.

Daniel from Milwaukee Art Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Milwaukee Art Museum review

Prior to eMaint we had a spreadsheet based system which was confusing and hard to implement. Not having to maintain the program on our servers and go through expensive upgrades. Being able to access the program from anywhere with a internet connection.

Pros

Customization of screens, excellent tech support, price point, and that it's cloud based

Cons

Reports are hard and confusing to setup.

Steven from Structural Systems Inc.

Positive feedback

Its too early to have a full ROI on the program, but I will say accountability and priorities have have been identified. I look forward to reflecting back on this after a year or six months of usage.

Pros

Emaint did a great job with the setup and implementation. I am now in the stages directly after that stage and am on my own. The help desk is great. Send them a quick message and they reply via chat very quickly and efficiently. I love the dashboards. It allows me a quick glance at the projects and I can make decisions on what is a priority.

Cons

I would allow for alerts like numbers showing up under "Work Order Requests". Sometimes i over look it as its a area where I only go if needed. It wold be nice to have a counter showing I have new requests in. Clean up the Work Order print out. I would want to make a better form.

Great CMMS for the money

Pros

Customer support is great. Being able to have the user customize and make changes without requiring additional support and costs from the eMaint. Additional minor configuration changes can be made by eMaint without additional costs.

Cons

The applications has the ability to scan barcodes seamlessly ONLY if you are using Android or IOS. eMaint does not currently support a streamlined barcode scanning function of you are using a windows supported tablet or device making barcode scanning very tedious and complicated. Also, for those who spend some time away from a wireless or cellular connection in the field, would like to see an offline mobile version that syncs when it accesses the next connection at no additional cost. Also, would like to see the "Interactive Plans" table listed as a standard and not have to ask for it for every user.

Mark from Tilray

Industry: Alternative Medicine

3.5 year user

Overall eMaint works well for us. We use X4, so with multiple sites we have some challenges. Having eMaint has helped with ease of access to information at our finger tips for external auditors, and for internal reports. We use the export data function a lot!

Pros

Very customizable to individual needs, most changes can quickly be done in-house.

Cons

Because of the flexibility, not all of our sites are built the same way (forms for example), so sometimes copying a report for other sites does not work seamlessly.

Response from Fluke Corporation

Replied January 2020

Hi Mark, We're glad to hear eMaint CMMS is working well for you. Everyone enjoys the flexibility of the system, but there are drawbacks to everything. While we can copy forms for each site, most sites have different needs requiring that flexibility. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything from our team. Sincerely, Mark Roland eMaint Customer Success Manager

Jim from First-Centenary United Methodist Church

Church Facility Management

This software allowed me to implement an OEI (Operational Efficiency Initiative) for our facility. We have moved from Reactive to Proactive maintenance. We use this to monitor and manage all facility related items including Vehicles. We use this to document the Inspections and Compliance requirements of the State for various pieces of equipment to include boilers, elevators and life safety equipment. Without this software it would not be possible to manage and track history to make decisions concerning repair or replace.

Pros

It is available to us anywhere and anytime we have an internet connection. We do not have to worry about backing up the database, it is handled by eMaint. The ability to create specialty reports on demand.

Cons

The limited ability to display no more than 100 records in "list" mode. Printing reports takes several steps and screens to generate a .pdf report.

Rick from Hoyt Archery

Industry: Machinery

Not sure what you are loking for in the title.

Booked Labor: This KPI allow me to track my labor charges sorted by WO type. Our goal is 80% Corrective and 20% Reactive booked labor with an 85% labor efficiently. My reactive booked labor normally is directly related asset efficiently and DT. Grouped and sorted by asset tells me what assets need to be focused on Reported Hours: This KPI allows me to track wrench time. One way we use this is to get a base line for the time it takes to perform scheduled tasks so we can have an accurate forecasted scheduled repair time, for future repairs. Down Time/Failure codes: This KPI Failure codes Allows me to identify issues down to the composite level so we can perform a root cause analysis to determine where we have opportunity for improvement.

Pros

What I like most about the software id how easy it is to add change and design the fields to meet my matrix needs

Cons

I can not think of any I do not like about the software

Mark from Trapac LLC

A pup you train the way you want

I have used and implemented several CMMS systems. eMaint is my favorite and I would definitely look to use them again. The eMaint SaaS product is very competitively priced with some value-add learning materials beyond the CMMS in their eMaint University add-on.

Pros

Out of the box a lot of configuration is required with a lot of superuser flexibility to do it the way you want. X4 interface is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.

Cons

The current platform is X4 but there is a lot of legacy features from their X3 platform if you want to do more than the most basic of functions. eMaint are already marketing an X5 platform. I only hope they actually finish all of the features. To the above point, there is a few program features not done, or they took a half assed easy approach. PM forecast an example where you can forecast calendar based PMs only, feilds like average daily use exist out of the box so it should be readily possible to forecast hours based PMs. This request exists within their user forum. My company has a very particular way to receive goods and process invoices. eMaint has these as hard coded features not configurable.

lewaa from Holford Facilites Management

Industry: Facilities Services

Great experience with the software and team, it meets our demands and industry features

The software allowed us to manage all our maintenance activities in one place, it's online accessibility being a web-based software enabled as well our team to access information remotely. Further more with the reporting system in place emaint helped us to optimize our cost through reviweing manhours effectiveness and efficiency and applying corrections where needed. On the other hand, the vailability of SLA's helped to meeting our agreed response time with client.

Pros

centralizing all functions under unique work order, an ongoing upgrade that meets new innovation, comprehensive with regards to maintenance activities, the possibility of customization, good reporting features

Cons

some basic features were not fully available and had to be customized with some limitation in the system, such as PPM's . Purchase Requisition cycle is poor in means of approval matrix

May 2012

Robert from Generic Technical Manufacturing company

May 2012

I'm the maintenance manager of a small/mid-sized manufacturing facility (60K sq. ft.). I recently led the purchase of eMaint X3's CMMS to improve the efficiency of my department; and would highly recommend it for companies looking for a highly functional and customizable CMMS, at a manageable cost. As a company, we were experiencing one of the most challenging growth-periods a company faces in its growth cycle. That in-between stage, when the company starts to necessitate large company functionality, on a small-company budget. So the need to increase my department's efficiency at minimal cost became a top priority. I began looking at a multitude of options, from on premise software systems to web-based systems. In pursuit of finding the right system, I found the following criteria pertinent to my decision: Functionality- does it do what I need it to do Security- is our information safe Reliability- is the program/company stable (loss of input data is time wasted) Expandability- can the program grow with the company, or information transferable in the future, if a higher-end CMMS is necessary Ease of implementation- teachable, easy to navigate, intuitive, customizable, support, Cost- purchase price, administration costs, implementation costs, server loads, etc. Utilizing Software Advice's services, I was able to narrow down my list of possible solutions. Dramatically reducing the time and energy necessary to find the program that would work best for our company. After demoing the programs on my short-list, I found eMaint X3 offered the most features in my price range, as well as, the most customization options. It was the customization that propelled eMaint X3 beyond the abilities of any other program in its class. This being invaluable, in my opinion, because the interface could be customized to capture all the specific information we wanted, as well as, be modified to speak the language used internally; making it so intuitive to the user, implementation efforts were greatly reduced. It's for these reasons that I would highly recommend eMaint X3 to companies faced with challenges similar to ours.

Anoosha from Taashee Linux services

The leading maintenance & management system.

Pros

When you need a competent Project Management Software product for your business you must make time to examine several solutions. It doesnt have to be tricky, and can be as easy as matching their functions in a table like the one below. You will also get a quick idea how each product works. For example, on this page you can see Maintenance Cares overall score of 8.0 and compare it against eMaints score of 7.5; or Maintenance Cares user satisfaction level at 99% versus eMaints 100% satisfaction score. The assessment will help you see the pros and cons of each program, and choose which matches your requirements better. Aside from the main features, the solution which is simple and intuitive is always the better product. Users who want to save some time or want a Maintenance Management (CMMS) Software advice from our team might want to try out these top choices for this year: Bigfoot CMMS, Hippo CMMS, Corrigo. Helping organizations around the globe implement world-class maintenance operations with its cloud-based software solutions. Work Orders and Requests Asset Management Inventory Management Preventive Maintenance Reports and Dashboards Mobile Maintenance Predictive Maintenance Work Scheduling Document Storage

Cons

There are some lingering things form previous versions that can be problematic. But support is there to help fix it fast. It takes awhile to get everything in the system (parts/inventory/assets) but once you do, it is great and easy to use. Requires prior experience working with Maintenance Software Hard to track inventory/parts UI can be difficult to comprehend initially

Tom from Midwestern Services, Inc.

First Review

This was our first maintenance software and we moved from trying to keep up with everything on Excel spreadsheets. I think this is a good product and I recommend it to others with maintenance responsibilities.

Pros

I like being able to generate work orders and keep up with maintenance costs. I like being able to track vehicle inspections, registrations, oil changes, etc.

Cons

I'm still using X3 because I haven't taken the time to learn the later versions. It seems like it is constantly changing, although I'm sure you are making improvements it is difficult for me to allot the time to keep up with the changes since I have many other job duties.

William from Superior Essex

eMaint CMMS

We are now tracking inventory, repairs, and maintenance hours.

Pros

Customer support Easy to customize to your company's needs

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say. This is a well thought out CMMS.

January 2016

Adam from Green Light Group

January 2016

Great CMMS System

I've been working with eMaint for a little over a year and in that time, I have learned a lot about this system. The system itself is fairly easy to learn. It's well organized and navigating through eMaint is pretty simple. It also has many useful features such as creating reports which can even be automatically run and sent to other people. Reports can also be published on the dashboard in the form and charts and graphs that allow you to easily get a snapshot of what is going on with your business (ie number of open work orders, how many work orders you have received over a certain time frame etc). You can also use eMaint to do scheduling, track the status of work orders etc very easily. The customization is another plus. I've been able to customize forms, build reports, and edit fields (or add new ones) to truly customize eMaint and make it something functional for my needs. There are times that I need to call into customer support or reach out to my account manager for help, and when I do, they are very helpful and usually have a quick turnaround time. They have also helped me brainstorm solutions to challenges when I wasn't sure what needed to be done. The eMaint customer service is top-notch and I can honestly say that everyone I have worked with from eMaint has been courteous and helpful. There aren't many cons to this system, but I have worked with a few other CMMS systems and there are some features that eMaint currently lacks that I'd like to see added in the future. Work example, the ability to message other people through the system. You can eMail things like work order through eMaint, but I'd like to see a system where you could actually message others about the work order through the system and be able to read those messages so that way if you need to review a work order, all of the pertinent information is there. This is just one feature that I have seen from other systems that would be greatly beneficial for eMaint.

Allen from Herbalife Nutrition

We migrated from Faciliworks CMMS to Emaint's CMMS in 2015. Emaint's customer support was the key.

We are able to organize all of our data in one place. Including PMs, work orders, calibrations, equipment manuals, floor plans & service requests.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and flexible. We are able to have production personnel create work requests, add pictures if necessary. I have all our machine manuals in the document storage section. We use the software to track equipment PMs and Calibrations. It is really a well rounded software.

Cons

Because this software is continuously updating software versions, we sometimes experience bugs or bug repairs. Emaint is very good about publishing the reports on what has changed with the new version of the software.

James W. from PVI Industries

How to fall in love with the bomb, or use CMMS

Ease of use, my old software was outdated and very unfriendly. The web interface is a big plus also.

Pros

The software once up is easy to use, but the real plus is the support. The system(s) in place to help you get on track are top notch. Even a novice with little experience with this type of system would have very little trouble getting up an running in a reasonably short time. The web interface has proven to be an unexpected money saver. Not having to have any special hardware to run the software has allowed us to use end of service life surface pro's, and laptops. I spent 0 dollars out of my maintenance budget on computers for eMaint.

Cons

Not as intuitive as one would like, some stuff you just have to know where it is found, or you will have trouble finding

Marc from CB Fleet

3 years of eMaint exposure

Support system to the business organization.

Pros

eMaint customer service has been working with us on a weekly basis since day 1. eMaint help us configure reports and workflow to support the business. The software is used daily by more than 50 users. eMaint has been a key system for our journey to proactive maintenance.

Cons

X3 is a better version than X4 for the CB fleet site. X4 speed not meeting customer needs. X4 dashboard functionality does not allow to modify easily. Some of the report in X4 does not update inventory. Moreover, the justification to use X4 was based on the electronic signature which cannot be tailored for specific task.

Wayne from SKY Enterprises

As a past user of other CMMS systems, my experience with eMaint has been the best ever.

Visibility across the organization of open work orders, requisitions and purchase orders.

Pros

It is intuitive to learn (and teach), interfaces are user friendly and simple. The data input requirements are clear, and the start up support is excellent. Even though we are a small outfit, the eMaint support staff treated us like a valued customer and worked hard to provide the support we needed, and continue to do so.

Cons

Training documentation needs to be improved, and a distinction made between system administrator training, tasks and capabilities vs. normal user training. I found the information available on the "help" and "support" sites to be peripheral in many cases to the specific help I was trying to find. Would also be good if eMaint could provide training manuals for users that could be used by system admins when training their eMaint users. I would even be willing to purchase such manuals if the price were reasonable.

James from Bermuda Airport Authority

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

eMaint CMMS Review

Pros

The best functionality of eMaint is its flexibility and customization. I've been able to tailor it so that is suits our departments activities, responsibilities, and operations. That customization is a major function of the superior customer service at eMaint, starting but certainly not ending with the rep. She is responsive, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with.

Cons

We use the scheduler module each and every week, there could be so much more done with it to enhance its ease of use.

eMaint out of the box

We are very excited to roll out a CMMS that is more user friendly than most accounting based systems that lack the features and functionality for capture Maintenance KPI's.

Pros

eMaint is highly configurable to your Maintenance process workflow. The relationship with Fluke is a win for implementing Fluke device monitoring, aka, PdM.

Cons

Out of the box, fundamental operation is not there. There are quirks and features that need to be turned on to operate. This obstacles must trip you up in your rollout in order to be "fixed". Need a team dedicated to driving an out-of-the-box solution so that Users can hit the ground running.

Robert from Dana Inc

Best in Class!

We use eMiant as our "One Stop Shop" for all maintenance work orders, PM's, asset tracking, machine history management, engineering uses our MTTR report to determine what machines need engineering support. We present our data to our Plant manger weekly.

Pros

Ease of navigation, great search fields, awesome reporting! Its easy to use for those Trades and Crafts who are not computer trained. I have a lot of older Trades people who can manage eMaint with no issues..

Cons

Would still like to see X5 out this year. I would like the Dashboard to be as easy as X3 and and would like some of the X3 graphs to show up in X4 dashboard.

Felix from Ainsworth Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Best Web-based CMMS All Around

FEATURES & FUNCTIONALITY - great feature set from customer request portal to preventative maintenance to very strong report writer to workflow (rules) - unlimited user def fields in both desktop and mobile forms - easy to use form designer - you can get really advanced if you wanted to with configurations or just stay as simple as you need CUSTOMER SUPPORT - awesome customer support - will help you through implementation as much as required without "nickel and diming" - had a few instances where I needed some functionality that was not part of the baseline software, and after some time, the developers had taken those requests and put them into their baseline free of charge (of course, ideas have to make sense for other users as well) - absolutely no reservation recommending eMaint VALUE FOR MONEY - eMaint's rates are published on their website. They're not the cheapest web-based CMMS, but they're heads and shoulders above their competition - Really, really good bang for buck

Pros

Very good configurability

Cons

UI is sometimes slow, but very minor issue

Oswaldo from TEJAS TUBULAR OILFIELD SERVICES, LLC

Maintenance and Equipment Management

Is an easy software to understand. Basically, It helps the Company to centralize all the information of the main assets, contacts, inventory items and register the maintenance based on Work Orders. Helps to plan the Preventive Maintenance, File documents of the assets as Catalog, Manuals,Drawings, and paperwork associated to each one. The report system helps to get the information when desired and is reasonable customized.

Pros

Asset registration and Maintenance record

Cons

The purchases orders and their accountability process on finance books is very limited, another system for financial purposes is needed.

Alison from Consultancy Services

Industry: Chemicals

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE

all our site maintenance is covered within eMaint, including breakdowns this previously was facilitated via multiple spread sheets. clarity of parts and options to attach information and pictures

Pros

Ease of use Functionality easy to move around the system

Cons

multiple assets on site which could be covered by one PM instead of raising multiple PM ie: we have 9 Compressors on site which are all serviced in the same schedule each month and we have to produce 9 work orders. Accounting/purchasing can be cumbersome and restrictive only 1 currency option

John from Midsouth Aggregates

Industry: Mining & Metals

Maintenance Planning and Budget

Pros

I like the PM Scheduler and the Work Order System design. I can pretty much schedule a whole year of maintenance in advance to budget our year in maintenance. The work order system is real friendly to use and after a little training, I think everybody can use it.

Cons

I'm sure its possible, but i would still like for it to integrate with our purchase system that our company already has. It would make inventory count a lot more accurate rather than have to receive everything in two systems.

Amanda from Boasso America

Incredibly Flexible CMMS Provider!

We have implemented eMaint for fleet maintenance and then expanded the setup to include some compliance and purchasing options. While the base design is geared towards building and facility maintenance, it was very flexible, so adapting forms, adding tables, and building new data relationships was very quick. We also utilize some of their automation functions, such as workflows, triggered emails, and API calls to access/update data. The customer service team is absolutely awesome - whether by phone or by chat, they are very knowledgeable and nearly always able to correct the issue within minutes. Any escalation comes with constant communication and indepth calls to make sure the problem is fixed the first time. We really could not be happier with this solution!

Pros

Flexible solution, Great Customer Service, SaaS solution (web-based)

Cons

Limited Mobile Functionality - the newer interface is great for desktop or large tablet setups, but it does not render well on smaller or older tablet devices. The mobile-only interface lacks full site features that we rely on. Not a deal-breaker, but needs improvement.

Eric from Capital Hardware Supply INC

Industry: Building Materials

The software is highly efficient but, the customer service is bar none.

Organization and tracking of assets and employees. In addition inventory, and the ability to conduct a rudimentary FMEA.

Pros

I like that is is not at all dissimilar to an online classroom. The software and I'm assuming server is rather fast and easy to navigate one you know where required tools are located.

Cons

It's a work in progress and at times can be cumbersome. You sometimes need to go back to X3 to accomplish administrative tasks in X4. It is not unlike the old windows OS which required you at times to delve into DOS.

Astrid J. from University of Puerto Rico, Central Administration

I love this program

My overall experience has been good and every time we ask for a new feature for the program, we feel that e Maint personnel considered our solicitude and are included in the updates.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is so configurable that in the implementation you end up having a custom made program that fits just right for your organization.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the mobile application. I'm looking forward to the new updates to see if the mobile application improved.

Neil from Blackstone Industries LLC

Industry: Machinery

Machine Shop and Machine Maintenance Manager

Pros

I can accurately track any work performed on our equipment. I can notify the Department Supervisor when a work order is completed via email. That I can customize forms to show or information that relevant.

Cons

When I receive a work request email from from a department supervisor I would like to see the asset # included. We sending an e-mail to a supervisor notifying them of a completed work order I would like to see the asset # in the subject line and to be notified when they read the email.

Michael from Secant Group

Industry: Medical Devices

Very rewarding, after all the work in evaluating different CMMS's, selecting eMaint was the best.

Reliability of the software is my biggest benefit.

Pros

I love the ability to configure the system to meet our needs, not only on the maintenance side of our business but on the Quality/Regulatory side. 21 CFR compliant was critical in the selection of eMaint.

Cons

Improvements with the Mobile user. Our organization utilizes the mobile features which is good however there has not been much development on the mobile side. I would pay more for the subscription if needed, just improve this module.

CHRISTINA from MOLDED FIBER GLASS NC

EMAINT REVIEW

The benefits are that it is easier to look up the maintenance on the machinery. Able to track and graph the work a little better.

Pros

It seemed a lot easier than the last software we had. Also like the reports and that they can be graphed easily.

Cons

I believe the thing I like the least is the amount of characters for part numbers and asset numbers. some manufacturers have very long part numbers and many are very similar. That makes it a little difficult to put into EMAINT.

Natalie from Witzenmann USA LLC

eMaintenance has helped our facility, but can use some improvements.

We have moved all of our functions from separate spread sheets and databases to using eMaint X3 for a majority of our processes. This includes inventory, purchasing and maintenance. However, when we attempted to use the requisition system, there were quite a few road blocks. So many in fact we decided to go in a different direction. The system as a whole is great, but can be cumbersome for what should be simple operations. We are going into our 4th year of using eMaintenance, and hope that as new changes are made to the system, we can use all of the tools the system has to offer to help our productivity.

Pros

Availability of reports is helpful. The dashboard is great for monitoring a wide variety of functions. Can use the system for a variety of different functions across multiple departments.

Cons

No wizard for creating simple reports. The requisition and stock order functions could use some work.

Ken from WABCO

eMaint has proved to do everything I have ask to this point

Pros

That it is web based and can be accessed from any where. Also like that most everything I have ask of eMaint representative they have been able to accommodate.

Cons

Often you have to click on menu several times to get the list to show. For example if you leave PM and go to asset. You end up clicking on Asset menu. If one had been selected you close it then blank screen appears. You then have to click on Asset again to get the list.