What are GageList users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GageList software through verified user reviews

• icon"Works great to manage data and gets reports for our QMS."
  • icon"So easy to use and customer support is top of the line."
  • icon"The program is User friendly and helps maintain and retain the data on all the Lab equipment need for us to comply to our ISO9001:2015 certification."
  • icon"The lack of a corporate portal. I think they were going to start developing this tool."
  • icon"I am yet to experience something that is inconvenient about this software."
  • icon"And than you need to go from beginning steps. The Cal-Record does not except files about 18MB, bad if the system allows <50MB."

Browse all GageList Reviews

• Have you used GageList and would like to share your experience with others?

Casey

Industry: Oil & Energy

Gagelist is a game changer!

Pros

Calibration shouldn't be difficult to track and maintain. Gagelist is cost-effective, easy to use, and makes calibration less of a hassle; it's calibration software designed for the modern world.

Cons

The language is a bit different than what I am used to (i.e. control no. as opposed to serial no.), but not to the point that it deterred me from switching.

Reasons for switching to GageList

Gagepack became too costly, especially to add additional users. I needed a software that was easy to train other employees and a way to access my calibration schedule easily.

Response from Espresso Moon

Casey, thanks so much for your great review! We are glad GageList is making calibration easier for you. We very much intend to be a "game changer," and your feedback validates what we are striving for. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues.

Replied February 2020

Dave

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Gagelist is completely customizable for any application

Pros

Very easy to use and simple to set up. Unlimited users with access to the database on mobile as well. Completely customizable. We have reported 2 bugs and both times have been fixed in under an hour.

Cons

Still needs a check in/out function, but I hear they are working on it.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Gagelist is a more simple solution and was more cost effective.

Reasons for switching to GageList

GageManager took too long to find the gage you needed. With gagelist, we can find any gage in under 10 seconds.

Response from Espresso Moon

Dave, thanks so much for the great review. So glad GageList is working well for you. We appreciate your business and the great feedback. Reach out any time if you have any questions or suggestions.

Replied October 2020

Didier

Industry: Medical Devices

Review from a french user

As more and more of our data and services are stored and managed online with dedicated application running on a web application I started to look on Internet for a similar service to manage our test and measurement equipments. I found Gagelist and have been using it since. Right now, only for equipment used by the technical support and this still in parallel with the official way my company uses.

Pros

Our company is based in France but has an office in US. It is easy to share and update information. My US co-worker uses it and never reported problem or had question about its use. The same test and measure equipment can be assigned to a different person after a calibration, traceability is then easier to achieve because information is directly updated. I never suffered from disconnections and the site is always accessible. I regularly discover new features in the Web version. And I can always ask for a new feature if I think it is missing. Team is responsive.

Cons

I do not use all features, only its basic way. Nothing negative to report. Perhaps the lack on information about improvements. For example, I recently noticed it was possible to customize the display of the columns, I do not remember if it was possible in the past (well, I just checked again and everything is in changelog, improvements should be less discreet) I personally tried but did not find interest in the phone app for this software because it does not bring additional values to our needs. The way icon is active is not always very clear but absolutely no blocking.

Reasons for choosing GageList

No alternative product was tested yet. I was just a test to see if it was possible to follow and manage test and measure equipments with such Wabe application.

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, Didier - thanks for your kind review. We are very glad GageList is meeting and exceeding your expectations, and as always, please feel free to reach out if you have any issues, questions or suggestions!

Replied October 2019

Dennis

Industry: Machinery

Intuitive and easy to use

Managing the data for all our measuring devices as per ISO requirements and the monthly reports are great as a reminder to know when there are gauges than need to get calibrated ahead of time. For our company, managing the calibration records was a new thing. It was very easy to jump into GageList and just plug and play all the information needed.

Pros

The interface is clean, simple and clear. There are enough places to enter more data then we need ourselves but could satisfy the needs of other companies. It is customizable to be applied to many industries. Works great to manage data and gets reports for our QMS.

Cons

In the beginning, there were not many tiers for pricing. For us being a smaller company the different pricing options are much better.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Simple and clean design. Easy to use and start with.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you so much for your kind review, Dennis. We're happy that GageList is working well for you. If you have any concerns, suggestions or questions, please feel free to reach out any time.

Replied November 2019

Phil

GageList for tracking gages for calibration

GageList has made it far easier to track our gages and assigned locations. We are happy with the software.

Pros

Tracking calibrated tools in GageList is a simple way to set automatic alerts each year. We are not a calibrator, but we track a few hundred gages for our lab.

Cons

Initially, there were some features that needed to be added to work efficiently, but as time has progressed, those features were added, and work well.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Simple user interface, helpful assistance, free trial, low bar of entry, seemed geared for user/technician, which was appealing, since we are not a cal lab (might still be useful for a lab).

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, Phil - we appreciate your detailed feedback. Glad GageList is working well for you! We're constantly improving GageList, and our customers' input along the way is what helps us redefine the gage management experience. Please keep in touch and feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Andy

Industry: Chemicals

For the Money Gagelist is the answer

Our company has been in business for over 100 years with multiple manufacturing facilities, and more recently been under IS 9001 certification for 15 years. In that time because each facility "managed" their asset calibrations as they saw fit, there were gaps and nonconformance's in calibration documentation found in nearly every surveillance audit conducted. As a result, we recently employed Gagelist to our manufacturing sites so every facility has a central location to store asset calibration data.

Pros

Product is easy to use, whether navigating in general, or setting up/loading gages. The software also has custom settings offerings so you can tailor the look to your business.

Cons

Mass uploads of gages is a bit cumbersome at first, however, the technical support offered by Gagelist helped us get past that very quickly.

Reasons for choosing GageList

We chose Gagelist because of the ease of use of the product, as well as it being web/cloud based. We liked the idea of not purchasing canned software that would need to be installed on multiple PC's.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you for your awesome review, Andy! We enjoy working with Shurtape, and we're so glad the product is working for you, especially the multi-site gage management feature. Please give us a shout if you have any issues or suggestions.

Eric

Industry: Medical Devices

Flexible cal management and excellent support

Gagelist allows me to effortlessly manage our calibrated devices and one less thing I'm manually tracking for our ISO certification. Calibration isn't *fun*, but GageList definitely makes it *easy*!

Pros

GageList can be used for much more than just Gages. The platform is flexible enough to allow for creation and maintenance of non gage devices. We track multimeters, safety analyzers and soldering equipment. GageList allows us to create our own OEM information for each device and track who it is assigned to. It's also AWESOME to walk through your facility with an auditor, have them address calibration and simply pull your phone out of your pocket to show them devices, cal certs and locations of devices.

Cons

Date management can be a challenge at times. Sometimes have to delete a device and recreate it if an error is made on date entered service or last calibrated. Initially had some errors with the out-of-cal reminder emails but seems to be resolved now.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thanks, Eric. Great review! We love getting feedback that it this specific, and we're glad you're having a good experience. It's also important to us to see some of the new ways people use GageList to manage other equipment that isn't necessarily gages in the purest definition. The mobile-responsive web product and the mobile app are great for allowing users to do their work on the fly. Please feel free to reach out any time you have any suggestions or questions.

Alex

Industry: Utilities

December 2021

Amazing Software

Great interaction with support, ease of use

Pros

Ease of implementation, efficient and intuitive dashboard

Cons

Nothing much to report about the cons of the software

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you so much, Alex! Your satisfaction with GageList and your kind review mean the world to us!

Tyler

December 2021

Easy to use and does exactly what it's needed for

Pros

This product is extremely intuitive. the GageList team offered assistance throughout the entire implementation and after, but I was able to train all our users on it without much assistance needed.

Cons

I would like to see some more features included such as Gage R&Rs.

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, Tyler - thanks so much for you kind review. We have aimed to make a super-intuitive product that's simple to implement, and we're glad you are finding it easy to get up to speed. We have many new features on our roadmap, so we will continue to keep you posted. Meantime, please feel free to reach out any time you have any questions.

Bryce

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Gagelist

Pros

They program is user friendly. If I had any questions they answered them quickly . Also they are open to new Ideas to improve the program .

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the program

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you, Bryce. We really appreciate your feedback, and we're very glad you're happy with GageList. Please feel free to reach out any time you have a question or suggestion.

Kayvon

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Customer Support

Pros

As an IT Admin, my favorite is the support team. Quick and effective.

Cons

Can't think of anything yet, we've had no issues.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you so much for your excellent review, Kayvon! We're glad GageList is working for you.

Gregory

Industry: Building Materials

GageList review

We are just starting with calibration tracking and this software makes it easy, I really didn't know where to start until I came across this. I like that each gauge can be designated a specific area so I know right were to go when it is up for calibration. This feature also ensures that each gauge remains where it is intended (they used to wander between areas) since the frequency of calibration varies from gauge to gauge.

Pros

I like that each instrument has it's own control number and history. It's nice that there are drop down menus for certain sections that you can also add to for customization. I also like the notifications for calibration and the fact that there is a customizable label maker.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more drop down menus, such as for "Range of Size" or " Accuracy" so that they wouldn't have to be re-entered (although you can copy an existing gauge and use that data, which I like).

Reasons for choosing GageList

I browsed through a few and this one just appeared to be the most intuitive.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thanks, Gregory! We appreciate your review. We strive to make GageList the simplest, most intuitive product on the market. We have new features coming online all the time, and we base most of them on user input. So please feel free to submit your "nice-to-haves" to our customer support team and we'll look at how they fit into our development roadmap.

Shawn

Liking GageList so far

Our organization has benefitted greatly by implementing GageList as our calibrated tool tracking system. Not only is it much simpler to stay on top of calibration status, but all users can know where any particular tool is located and who it has been issued to. This makes sharing tools between locations (even hundreds of miles apart) much more efficient. It has also allowed us to keep closer tabs on where our tools are located at any given time.

Pros

I like that multiple users in various locations all have access to the same records in real time whether it be from their desktop computer, tablet or smartphone. I have found it very easy to use and even the least "tech savvy" user in my organization can find the information for a specific gauge quite easily.

Cons

I would prefer that when viewing items by column header filtering, only those items fitting the filter criteria would be displayed.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thanks, Shawn! We're glad you're happy. GageList's simplicity and the ability to easily collaborate are part of our core value promise. I would recommend submitting the column issue to our Customer Success Team. We look closely at every suggestion.

Steve

Industry: Medical Devices

Gagelist is a awesome program

It keeps track of all the equipment needs and problems that each of them may have.

Pros

Being able to import a list of the equipment and the file that are contained with each piece of equipment. Also the ability to send out emails on upcoming items of concern.

Cons

Had some trouble with the importing at first until I found the correct order the import into Gagelist and have it match the old system log.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you for the great review, Steve! We appreciate your business and your kind words, especially the "awesome" part! If you ever have any other questions about importing data, we offer a Free Data Migration Concierge Service, so please just give us a call.

Replied June 2019

homer

GageList review

We started looking at GageList as a way to keep up with calibration status of test equipment on production lines exclusively, but we quickly realized it is also a great tool for tracking computers, instruments, and other assets that don't necessarily need calibration. The Accounting department got involved, and now it's a multi-functional tool that many people use for their own specific reasons.

Pros

The ability to assign gages and assets to people and locations is very helpful in physically tracking down equipment when it's time to calibrate. Attaching a value to the equipment allows for easy asset tracking.

Cons

When performing a mass import with an Excel sheet, certain fields only accept specific entries/words (e.g.: the only values accepted for the "Condition Acquired" field are "New," "Used," and "Repaired." It would be nice if the Excel import function could simultaneously update the accepted values in those fields. As it is now (unless i don't understand it right) one must manually add the possible entries for those fields before importing the gages from a spreadsheet.

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, Homer - thank you for your kind review! Glad GageList is working well for you. On the importing and fields issue, you might want to talk with our Customer Success Team if you haven't already. We do offer migration concierge service, and the custom fields function might be of use to you as well.

Peter

Industry: Medical Devices

Good helping tools controlling your gages

I like the software. You have all information in your hand, just in time you need it

Pros

The overview and available fields are allmost good. Like the abillity to generate custom fields.

Cons

The navigation is a little crunshy. After saveing the view shall display bak to display only. at some views the display sticks to the editable view. :( When navigating in to the gages view, or into the reports view I am missing a BACK button to goto the previous view. Thia is importand if you just enter through a filter. And than you need to go from beginning steps :( The Cal-Record does not except files about 18MB, bad if the system allows <50MB. Please add an upload progress bar for a better handling.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you for your kind review, Peter. We're glad you're liking it. It sounds like you have some issues our customer support team can help you with. Our goal is for you to be 100% satisfied, so please feel free to send us whatever questions you might have to help you get the most out of GageList.

PJ

Gagelist review

Very good

Pros

Web based, access on any device. makes it easier for audits

Cons

hard to sort calibration records when looking for a specific one

reference from another user

Reasons for switching to GageList

Lost previous program to hack

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you for your great review, PJ. This is good information. We'd love to hear specific feedback on what you think would improve the search function you mentioned, or if there are any tips we can provide to clarify it for you, so please feel free to contact our support team any time.

Replied September 2019

GageList perfect for smaller company to manage calibration

Went from an excel spread sheet to automation management which reduced man-hours. Easy to meet ISO auditor standards and expectations.

Pros

Flexible, esay full features perfect for small company $1-100M. Fair price.

Cons

None at this time. I have to continue writing to use up the 40 character minimum.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Features, simplicity and price.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you so much for your kind review, John. We're very happy that you're happy, and we want to make sure you continue to be, so if you ever have any questions or issues, please reach out!

Replied December 2019

Nanette

Fantastic! Easy to Use

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Up to this point, we were tracking using an Excel spreadsheet. By the time we had all of the columns on the spreadsheet that we needed, when printed on one page, was very tiny and hard to read. Our consultant introduced GageList to me, and I was sold, immediately. In addition, the information is stored in a Cloud and can be accessed any time, any where.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything. I was actually excited to hear from the reps that there are even more features that will be rolling out possibly as early as 4th quarter this year!

Response from Espresso Moon

Wow! Thanks, Nanette! We really appreciate your kind review and are very glad you're happy. Simplicity and ease of access are among our most important qualities. If you haven't yet downloaded the GageList Mobile App, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much impact it has on your gage management program.

Replied July 2019

Joe

Industry: Machinery

Professional Calibration system

We are very pleased with GageList, we have been able to link all our facilities to the system, and maintain a reliable calibration system with it.

Pros

What we like most about GageList was the ability to quickly transfer all our inspection and test equipment over into the new system. We were worried that it could take several days, to re-enter our data, when in fact, it only took a couple hours to finish.

Cons

Because we have several employees, departments, and facilities, we would like to see an additional field added to the calibration due list to take us to specific departments and employees.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you so much for your great review, Joe. We're really glad you are happy with GageList. We're especially happy that your migration went so smoothly. On the additional field issue, please feel free to use our support ticket system to send us your suggestions. If you run into any other issue on your wish list, please feel free to reach out any time.

Jared

Industry: Chemicals

Great tool for a small lab (and probably large as well!)

We have worked to setup GageList to help our research lab maintain calibration and preventive maintenance on equipment. It has proven to be very well-designed and able to accomplish most of what we've needed. Customer support took suggestions for what need to see improved and said it may get incorporated into a future build.

Pros

Ease of use Low cost to implement Low recurring cost Mobile friendly Multiple users possible

Cons

Not very customizable . . . we would like to be able to add some functionality for multiple calibration/maintenance activities in a year. For example, one instrument has a calibration that is done annually, one that is done quarterly, and then preventive maintenance that is done weekly and annually. Currently there is only room to list a single activity with a given instrument, so we have resorted to the workaround of creating multiple entries for a single piece of equipment.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Could add multiple users, the system was mobile friendly, and the interface had a modern, clean design that made using it very straightforward.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thanks for your kind review, Jared. We're glad GageList is working well for you. We are constantly refining the product based in part on user suggestions, so your feedback is very much appreciated. Please let us know if you have any other inputs or questions.

Replied July 2019

Carolina

Afordable, yet reliable

It is easy to use and great costumer service.

Pros

I like that the software is not as expensive and that you get a lot more expected for your money. It is really easy to use as well.

Cons

You cannot use t for PM's. I wish I could have some fields that say PM instead of calibration as they work similar in terms of scheduling.

Price

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, Carolina - thanks so much for your great review and your feedback! We really appreciate your business and are happy GageList is working for you. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Replied June 2021

Maxx

Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Calibration Management tool!! Bar none

My experience using this software overall has been a very pleasant one. I like the fact I can send email alerts to my teammates well in advance that a tool will be coming up due for calibration again.

Pros

I love the reporting features. It is easy to see the dashboards and to see exactly how far out (30-60-90) days in advance your tool inventory is due for calibration. It also highlights whenver a tool is past due.

Cons

It does take a minute to setup and import your existing calibration tools inventory. But once uploaded the hard part is done. All I have to do now is just upload the latest calibration certificates whenver they become due for calibration.

Reasons for choosing GageList

Cost and easy implementation were the biggest factors in going along with your software.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you, Maxx. We appreciate your great review. If you have any issues or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

Replied June 2021

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great software for startup. Easy to use.

We are using this for an Aerospace mfg plant starting up new operations. Has been perfect for our needs and meets all ISO and AS9100 requirements.

Pros

The fact that it was available for free to try out was what made me chose this option. I love that the 1st 100 gauges is free and then the charges are very competitive.

Cons

When browsing records, I could be made a bit more user friendly by having a database type view window of gauges.

Response from Espresso Moon

Thank you for your great review, John! And thank you for the suggestion on the view. Our goal is to deliver a software experience that is unparalleled, and these sorts of inputs add a great deal to our continuous improvement program.

Great simple service

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive. Simple to setup and did not have any trouble organizing or preparing for the rest of the team.

Cons

Would be nice if we could have a saved file or database on site in the event that internet connectivity is compromised.

Response from Espresso Moon

Hi, David - thanks for the great review! There are two solutions to your question about saving data and working with compromised Internet service. First, the companion mobile app (iOS or Android) does virtually everything the browser-based platform does, and it automatically syncs with your account whenever you have cell coverage. You can also download all your data to Excel as often as you like, including daily. If you need any help with either of these, please give us a shout.

Replied March 2020