All GAGEtrak Reviews

Good product

Jacquelynn

Industry: Machinery

Gagetrak

My overall experience is great. their customer service is excellent and the training they provide is top notch.

Pros

I like that gagetrak allows you to keep your gage database all in one place. Calibrations are super easy to do and track. I also like the feature where it emails the gage due list and you can set up the frequency for it.

Cons

Sometimes the software is a bit unstable and crashes.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you very much for posting such a great GAGEtrak review, Jacquelynn. We truly value your input and are thrilled to know you're doing so well with the software.

Replied April 2019

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

I've been using Gagetrak for twenty years now and still consider it the best on the market

Best way to manage your calibration.

Pros

Compare to everything else on the market it is still the best gage software in my opinion. Easiest one to use.

Cons

It is not easy to fix typos in the categories that save what you write. Also the newer version is not as user friendly.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak, Daniel. We are thrilled to know that you consider it to be the best on the market and that you have been a loyal GAGEtrak user for two decades! If you ever need assistance with fixing data entry typos, please contact us any time: 1-800-777-7020

Troy

Application crashes

The application is not very stable crashes very frequently on our Windows 10 computers. Their support tickets seem to sit unanswered until phone calls are made to them. They have a lot of possible configurations for it, but don't seem to know how to support those configurations correctly. Then when troubleshooting, the application is smart enough to record log files of all the activitiy, which includes information that I would think is relevant to troubleshooting it, but support often doesn't even ask for the application's log files, seems like they just try random things to get it fixed. The whole thing has been a very frustrating experience.

Pros

Has all the features needed from software like this. Ability to print calibration labels directly from the software.

Cons

Very unstable, runs but not well. Application crashes at least once a day for the users, and frequently has major issues with getting it running reliably. CyberMetrics support has been unable to determine if it's an issue with the database or an issue with the application itself.

Response from CyberMetrics

Troy, First, I am very sorry you are having such a challenging experience. I will have our support manager contact you and work with you to find a resolution so that your team can enjoy the benefits of GAGEtrak. Thank you for sharing your experience and for giving us the opportunity to make it right.

Replied May 2019

Advanced User

We like the reporting feature for gages due and gages coming up for calibration.

Pros

Entering gage information is easy and I like the temp recording feature. Once you have established measurement routines they are easy to import into the individual gages.

Cons

The interface can be a little confusing sometimes to find what you are looking for. If not careful can end up in wrong area of software.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you for your great review of GAGEtrak, John! We truly value your input and are thrilled to know how well it's working for you.

Charles

Industry: Plastics

Very good software that promotes a solid calibration database.

Better efficiency

Pros

The dashboard is a great feature. It helps me see what I need to calibrate at a glance so I don't have to search the database.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a bit of lag or freezing, but this may have to do with the high memory requirements and the fact that I multi task with different software.

Response from CyberMetrics

Hello, Charles. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We're glad to know it's working well for you and improving your efficiency! If you ever need assistance, please contact us any time: 1-800-777-7020

Jonathan

The gauge track is simply used as a counter for tool calibration.

Able to track the calibration dates of the company tools.

Pros

It provides the necessary information to complete required calibration of the company tools and prints out a nice decal.

Cons

The software seems bloated with unnecessary things (for our company). But the most frustrating things is speed, which I know it speeds up when you reset the software. It my opinion, even at its optimum speed, there are too many steps to simply print a certificate for a tool as well as waiting for the last step to complete.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you very much for posting your review of GAGEtrak, Jonathan. We greatly appreciate your feedback! If you ever need assistance, please contact us any time. 1-800-777-7020

Steve

This program is the staple software for all Gauge Techs. I couldn't imagine doing my job without it.

Pros

I like the quick filter as it makes finding gauges super fast and easy. I also really like the amount of data that can be associated with each gauge.

Cons

Eliminating errors made by previous gauge techs can be very time consuming. It's hard to filter the mistakes and correct them.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you very much for posting such a great GAGEtrak review, Steve. We're thrilled to know that you can't imagine doing your job without it!

Derek

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Fantastic intuitive software that is great for all you calibration needs.

Pros

MSA functions( Reading and Reliability studies, uncertainty, etc.) , scanning certs, printing labels

Cons

inability to open multiple functions at a time and the report editor is difficult to use efficiently.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thanks for such a great GAGEtrak review, Derek! We're happy to know that you're doing so well with the software and if you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. 1-800-777-7020

Replied June 2018

Ed

Industry: Mining & Metals

I'm not the actual end user of the software. My role it so provide both maintenance and upgrades.

Routine scheduling for the tracking of our shop floor gages, both in production and on the shelf, in regards to knowing when to provide calibration to them - based on usage date ranges, etc. Reminders of when to calibrate a gage, based on last time since doing that, assists us in maintaining a quality gaging system that we can rely on.

Pros

Not sure as I'm the administrator providing routine maintenance support and payment of the yearly software renewal support.

Cons

Being as though I'm the Information Technology Administrator for this software I do not have enough experience using the application on a regular basis, like an end user, to make a decision in regards to Cons of the software.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you, Ed, for posting a GAGEtrak review from the perspective of an IT professional. We value your input!

Replied July 2018

Easy to use measurement calibration software

Pros

This software fills a niche but important role. It is useful in measurement and calibration tracking for data collection and product calibration. It is easy to use, with a consistent graphical user interface. It is a great leap forward over previous generations of software.

Cons

Licensed per install instead of per user. This leads to needing extra licenses for users who may be off shift.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you for posting such a great review of GAGEtrak, Chris. We truly appreciate your feedback. Regarding licensing, if another user on a different shift utilizes the same PC resource, you would just need an additional trigger for that Windows user profile - it would not require an additional license of GAGEtrak. If you need additional triggers on the same PC, please contact our tech support team - they will be happy to help you. 1-800-777-7020

Replied February 2019

Terry

Industry: Medical Devices

Good program but very glitchy

Pros

I have worked with Gagetrak for about 7 years with a couple of different companies. The program works well to manage gages and calibration requirements. Being able to customize test points for gage calibration is a useful feature, but is a little confusing when beginning to build your groups. The addition of the "days from issue" feature to calculate the calibration due date really helps cut down on unnecessary calibration of unused gages.

Cons

My biggest complaint is about how SLOW SLOW SLOW this program is. Even if your database resides on the pc you are using, the "microsoft access" platform inhibits performance. If your database is on a remote server it gets even worse. I routinely have to wait several minutes for the database to update even a simple change in information, and the program is very prone to the "not responding" screen fade. This morning it took over an hour to enter just 5 gage calibrations due to how long it took to update after entering data along with the "not responding" messages and random, confusing error messages about incorrect date formats, even though the program entered the date automatically. I finally had to shut the program down and leave several gage calibrations unentered because I had other work obligations that had to be met.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review, Terry. We utilize these to make improvements in our products and we could not do that without honest feedback from customers like you. I will say it is unusual to have the experience you describe, but I do note that you are in the medical device industry and if you are using our FDA version, it may be time to take a look at your audit log. The audit log is a part of the FDA 21CFR requirements and if you are regulated by this industry, a bloated log can often be the culprit when you experience performance issues such as you have noted. Our support team will be happy to assist you if this is the case. Thanks again for the feedback and we will be in touch soon to see if we can help.

Replied June 2021

Aaron

Simplifies calibration tracking and monitoring.

Pros

Very customizable. The Dashboard overview is very helpful. The ability to view it as a database makes it easier to accomplish lots of data entry. The automatic numbering and cloning functions make entering new tools and gages easy.

Cons

Report customization is difficult to learn. There isn't an option to extend calibration cycles without entering a new calibration.

Response from CyberMetrics

Hello, Aaron. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak! We offer an in-depth web training on custom reporting. Please contact us at any time for details. Regarding your calibration cycles: We recommend that you change the frequency at the time of calibration so that there will be a corresponding cal record to go with the frequency change and a place in history to document the change. That being said, you can update frequencies and due dates between calibrations by simply changing the due date and clicking the next cal button in Gages (GAGEtrak will recalculate the due date). If you change a frequency and date this way, we recommend that you document it because the next due date at the time of the last calibration is stored in the cal record and therefore is a part of history and not updated when the change is made to the frequency and a situation where the next due date in gages does match that of calibrations is not desirable. Please contact us if you need further assistance.

Adam

Gagetrak has been such a valuable resource for us. The software makes audits a breeze.

We use this product daily to keep track of our gages. With this software we can flag when gages are due for calibration, have access to their procedures, and keep records of all our calibration.

Pros

For me, I like the amount of information you can have all at one place. With a few clicks of the keys I can answer any question an auditor may ask. What used to be stressful wondering if I could find what they needed in my filing cabinet has now become a time of ease. I just sit back and strike some keys and all the info is right there.

Cons

That is a more difficult duestion. I have used a couple types of calibration software in the past and to be honest, this has been my favorite. I guess my personal issue has just been trying to learn everything this software offers. I have spent many hours jumping in head first figuring out all the things Gagetrak can do.

Response from CyberMetrics

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful and detailed review of GAGEtrak, Adam. We are thrilled to know that it has been such a valuable resource for you day to day and in audits! When you're ready to dive into more of the features GAGEtrak has to offer, please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Cindy

Industry: Plastics

Learned what I like vs what is not needed for a calibration system. Do like the FDA version for traceability.

Pros

Linked functions for gages and parts. History is shown as well as the option to link related documents.

Cons

Upgrade version 7.0 lost functionality in the Gage Usage area. No gage should ever not have a calibration due date assigned to it, as happens when Gage frequency is set to Usage.

Response from GAGEtrak

Hello, Cindy. Thank you for taking the time to review GAGEtrak. We're glad to know that you have found value in the software and have found it helpful for FDA compliance. When using the Usage frequency, the program won¿t create a next due date for calibration, but it will create an estimated due date based on the gage usage, even if you enter a calibration record for the gage. When you issue the gage, GAGEtrak predicts a due date based on the remaining number of usage days. You must use Issue Tracking (Issue/Return) for this to work and as long as you don¿t run out of Uses Left, there will be no Next Due Date until you issue the gage again. For further information on Issue Tracking, please take a look at the help system or user guide or feel free to contact us at any time.

Replied May 2018