What are MaintainX users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MaintainX software through verified user reviews

• icon"Great customer service, the app works seamlessly between the computer and the phones."
  • icon"The overall simplicity of the program is very nice. Everything flows pretty well."
  • icon"It is easy to use and has great scalability. I am able to use it with a team that isn't the best with technology."
  • icon"There are not many, if any negative thoughts I have for this app."
  • icon"Sometimes when i start a problem report the page flips before I finish it."
  • icon"Notifications And annoying popping up every 2 seconds."

Browse all MaintainX Reviews

• Have you used MaintainX and would like to share your experience with others?

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

Pros

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX was what satisfied our needs without flashy extra options that we would never use. We just needed a simple, powerful work order system and I feel that MaintainX provides all of that for us.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

We made the switch because the software was difficult to setup, the mobile app was not efficient, end user confusion and there was not enough value in the price being charged.

Mike

Industry: Textiles

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX. It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis. Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Being mobile first was a big factor. Not needing to spend thousands of dollars for help setting up the software. You can do it yourself and MaintainX will help for free. Knowing instantly what is happening, communicating directly with the tech, attaching manuals, photos, videos to work orders it makes you more effective.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

It was just too laborious and complicated to manage. Being paper based I would have to review hundreds of pages weekly. Sometimes it would be weeks before I could review a PM and find a problem I should have known about.

Rory

Industry: Food Production

April 2022

MaintainX very modern Maintenance Management.

Excellent software system, with excellent support

Pros

The system is very user friendly, and dynamic in that when anything is updated it can immediately be accessed elsewhere. The technical customer support team as very responsive and able to assist you by sending a simple message.

Cons

The reporting could be better and more dynamic.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

That this was user friendly and and web based mobile based system.

February 2022

decent for an entry level program

Decent program to track work orders and manage assets. Very easy to use. Mobile app is helpful. not impressed with overall features and functionality. Data input way too time consuming.

Pros

Very easy to use, mobile app is helpful.

Cons

inability to mass edit in spreadsheet format, worksheets are time consuming and basic. Lack space to input details such as component info for equipment, specs, etc. Lack of many desired features and functionality. mobile app doesnt show all info or allow editing of info when it comes to inventory control etc.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

AMMS program and backup data was lost. Prefer to switch back to amms after trying maintainx

Response from MaintainX

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review for MaintainX. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been anything less than exceptional so far. We have a team available to assist with data input and help set up your organization for you. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and ensure that we have enabled all the functionality you are looking for. If we are missing any functionality, our team would love to understand what you need so we can include it on our roadmap. Feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience. Best, MaintainX

Replied March 2022

Albert

Awesome Product!

I am a fleet/equipment manager that is still on the road driving. I am way from the office whether it is driving or turning wrenches with my mechanics. I play many roles and have a hard time keeping track of equipment, costs, repairs, purchase orders, vendors, etc. MaintainX help me regain control as a fleet equipment manager.

Pros

While I don't usually contact customer service unless I have an idea to improve, it is always a quick response. - Work Orders are simple and easy to create - Asset Tracking - Purchase Orders are an awesome addition - Inventory/Parts Tracking is great - Requestors are free and are able to see the work on the work order they prepare The software is clean and simple. It is easy to use and so much you can do with it. I have a lot of favorite features. I like that I can add pictures for the parts, SDS to the chemicals I inventory.

Cons

This software does what I need it to do. The only con that I have is there are items that need to be improved on. However, if you contact MaintainX, they take you idea into consideration and add the feature. I hope they add the ability to approve purchase orders from the phone.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

I chose MaintainX because it was easy to set up. All the other products seemed like I had to go all in at first. MaintainX allowed me to start simple with free use. Then I bumped up to the basic and then finally to premium. I also like the pricing is by person and not role. Pricing is also competitive. I would eventually like to check out if there are benefits to the enterprise side, but I brought this product in for the transportation department of the company I work for. I would eventually like the manufacturing side of the company use it for their maintenance department.

Anna

MaintainX

Overall, it is a great user friendly program.

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. I can add work orders from my computer as well as from my mobile phone. I can look daily at the progress my guys are making and give feedback. I can send messages through this portal as well.

Cons

My work orders fall off if my guys don't do them daily. Also, when printing reports dates come up when they shouldn't be populated.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

My boss liked the options this program gave us.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

So many problems with the programming.

Daisy

Industry: Facilities Services

Grows with your needs!

We have enjoyed partnering with MaintainX and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset in getting us what we need to be successful with the product! He helped create some of our procedure pages and that was HUGE!

Pros

We started using MaintainX about 6 months ago and what we like most is that they are always improving their product. They take what the customer needs and works to implement the closest version of what is needed.

Cons

The reports are not very easy to filter and are not able to be fully customized, yet. However, they are better than other systems we have seen and MaintainX is consistently improving the capabilities. The other piece I wish was improved is the layout of the exported work order. It is not very pretty and cannot, at this time, be customized to remove the information I don't need.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

We chose MaintainX specifically because it was a new and growing product. We felt the products bones were good and seeing where the product was moving was exactly where we needed to be. The cost is on point with the product and is manageable for a newer company, like ours.

Navi

Industry: Oil & Energy

Summary

Pros

seemingly easy to capture all details for everyone to assess and access

Cons

need to implement more users for assignees and vendors

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

More friendly and captures asset details

Quentin

Makes the Job simple

Pros

The product is Very user friendly, reliable.

Cons

There is nothing that i do not like about the product.

Marquan

MaintainX Delivery Driver Review

I use this every day before and after deliveries. Makes tracking maintenance and work orders so much easier.

Pros

I love the checklist and ease of use for the product.

Cons

I can’t think of any right now it’s pretty useful.

Evan

Industry: Printing

Helpful and intuitive

Pros

I like being able to manage my work orders in order of priority. The ability to have notes and attachments linked to my assets during and after PMs. Being able to have a dedicated line of communication for on going maintenance.

Cons

So far for my application I have found no cons.

Karina

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Property Manager Lives By MaintenanceX

I love their customer service. Always prompt at answering all my simple questions and SUPER helpful! I can’t tell you how much I love this software. It makes me look brilliant in my job! I manage a luxury property and I manage all the vendors through this. It’s awesome and keeps me organized.

Pros

The ease of use and free trial . I love the customer service but didn’t know it when I signed up

Cons

Limited photos and limited other options

Ron

MaintainX- the facility managers multi tool

Overall I am hyper pleased with the software's performance, reliability, cost, and ease of use.

Pros

I most enjoy the simple UI. In my industry there is little to no budget for training and onboarding of personnel. My team is also made up of individuals in which English is a second language. MaintainX has been able to capture a feature rich suite of tools that anyone can master in a relative short amount of time.

Cons

As a user since its Beta, I have yet to find anything I do not like.

UpKeep and SS-CMMS

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Simple UI, and value of features.

Cost reasons-

Christopher

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything. After researching a few potential apps, I knew that I wanted the process to be as simple as possible for our staff. When there's a maintenance issue: 1) Take a photo (which often describes the issue in more detail than our staff thinks to do); 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3)Hit send. I also appreciate being able to reference the specific work order within the app to ask follow up questions and to let the requester know when the work order is done. MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Tom

Industry: Building Materials

Very Satisfied

I've now had several meetings with our maintenance team. We have completed our first weekly's and will we are in progress with our first departments monthly PM's. The software is everything that I was lead to expect and more. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredibly resourceful, responsive and helpful. It's always nice to make a decision after testing 15 solutions (felt like 1000) and feel confident that you've made the correct decision. I feel that way right now and wanted to share. We still have some setup to go - I'm taking the walk before run approach with the guys but this is slick. I'm looking forward to the partnership.

Pros

The seamless transition between the desktop and the mobile app make this a really nice solution. The reporting, filtering and scheduling abilities of the work orders is really nice and easy to use.

Cons

So far the only cons were identified at selection and were so minor they didn't prohibit me from selecting the solution. Little things like work orders have a really slick ability to save filters but reporting and the mobile app do not have it. It's not a huge deal since mobile users can filter to themselves and see only what they need to but it would be helpful if they could save encompassing filters such as specific departments and weekly vs monthly vs annually.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Bottom line was twofold. 1st - the demo and setup were extremely straight forward (Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). 2nd - the price was unmatchable. For the functionality they are offering at their price point - it made the selection simple.

Karl

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

Pros

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Cons

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Upkeep encouraged me to look for other software due to how my business operates and number of employees.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Needed something more professional and organized that also offered document and photo integration for better organizing of work orders.

Bryan

Industry: Facilities Services

Better than the rest

Great app with everything we were looking for and way below the cost of others. Great support team. We know we can get our jobs done and communicate better as a team using this app.

Pros

They reach out to us personally every so often to ask if we would like to change anything. They always listen to the issues we have and correct it as soon as possible.

Cons

You can only add one photo at a time in comments.

Cost.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Lower cost and more user friendly.

Jason

Awesome Maintenance Software

MaintainX is an amazing tool to have. I have had issues with other similar software and have found that getting staff onboard with this type of software to be very difficult. When I first introduced this software, my staff was completely against it, but as soon as they saw how easy it was and what communication improvements came from this software they jumped in and have not stopped using it.

Pros

I have been searching for a good maintenance software for a long time. When I came across MaintainX I was a bit skeptical, but quickly found that it was the right software for me and the company I work for. As soon as I signed up for the free trial, I was greeted with an email from their staff, and to my surprise, when I had a question I was responded to immediately.

Cons

The only down fall to this software is that I have quite a few staff members that will be requestors, but they do not speak English well and it would be best if there were a translator option from Spanish to English and vice versa, but I have been informed by the staff that they are working on that part of the software now. I hope that this comes quickly as it would ease the pain of trying to improve communication with some of my staff.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX offers everything I wanted at a very reasonable price, whereas, the other software that I have looked at did not offer many of the items I needed. One example is a parts inventory system. Something else MaintainX offered that the competitors did not was real time communication through the software.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

UpKeep had a few quality options, but could not do everything I wanted. Once I found MaintainX, I discovered that they offered everything that UpKeep offered and much more.

Mario

Industry: Food Production

A useful and friendly system for better control.

MaintainX has helped me a lot to have a control of the requirements of my internal clients as well as the follow-up and closing of the Work Orders. Previously, you had a long to-do list and most were forgotten. With this application we begin to work on the activities and we are currently at 98.7% of Orders Completed. Since we have been working with MaintainX, all of our equipment receives Maintenance, increasing its efficiency and reducing downtime. We have reached the efficiency goal more often since we have this system.

Pros

What I like the most is that it is a friendly system with the necessary characteristics for a Maintenance administration. It works from the web platform so it is not necessary to install software on the computer. I carry it on my phone all the time through the app. It provides important information to take our weekly team meetings and we have Key Performance Indicators of our work to improve. What is not measured is not controlled.

Cons

This application has been very useful for me to track Work Orders. This information is shown every week to the operators to monitor their activities. I don't think I have something that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

For the service and fast attention they provide. Because it has what we need to manage the Maintenance department, its qualities and how easy it is to use the application.

Kate

MaintainX has changed the entire way we work

It’s changed how we work on site, making the whole team more efficient and productive. I couldn’t imagine working without it at this point!

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They have been very helpful during set up and really responsive to feedback and suggestions. This app as become a one stop shop for all of our in-house facilities management. We used to have two huge noticeboards full of clipboards, and dozens of paper student repairs forms everyday. This is all gone, bringing us even close to becoming a paperless office. I can easily gauge the workload of my team by checking the app. I have instant oversite on the status of jobs from my desktop. I particularly love that there is a comment section attached to each WO – meaning all staff can be informed of issues, making handovers seamless. The reporting feature is one of my favourites. I can easily export reports for any WO, for an individual WO or for a month’s record of daily tasks. These are easily uploaded to our H&S software. I’m excited about reviewing data after using the app for several months/a year. We will be able to see patterns and trends in issues that arise. For example, how many issues did we have this year? How many repairs does an average student report? Are there particular locations/assets that have more issue than others? This will help us plan for the future in terms of resources.

Cons

I would love to purchase a seat for every staff member in my team, but the monthly costs would be too high. I'd love to see a scaled pricing plan, where the more users you have, the lower the price is.

Clayton

Industry: Machinery

Awesome software

MaintainX is a great software! they communicate with you and they want you input on things. we use this software on a day to day basis for our jobs and it works very well this is a great program all around. good Job guys!!! thanks you for making my life easier.

Pros

we love the fact that we are able to create individual work orders, also that we can see witch tech is on witch job with the in progress and that we can put it in the done column once the tech has finish the job. we also love the fact that when a service calls come in everyone is up to date on what is going on. also the fact that we can communicate on this software is great!! it is also awesome that we can leave notes of the job for others to read on each work order.

Cons

there is not much to least like on this software. the only thing i can think of is i would love to see another column for parts on order. once the tech has seen the job it would be great if we could put it in a parts on order status in a column away for the TO DO. i think that is a huge thing because i have some techs that get stress out when they see too much to do in that list so if there would be a 3rd column that would be great.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

after looking at a few apps i have determined that this one was the best to try because of the layout of the software and it seem simple to use. but in all honesty the only way to chose and app it to try it out. for us is that I tried a couple of apps and this one seem to be the better fit for a service company so i keep this one and let me tell you it works great!!

Great Product for you Facility

Really enjoy. Our Team has embraced it and it definitely keeps us on track with building maintenance

Pros

Very thorough once you have the platform....covers the entire buiding

Cons

Takes a little longer for users to load in requests compared to other products. Its outputs are much more detailed so I am certain that has something to do with it

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

The no longer supported a computer based platform

Tom

Efficient and Easy to Use Product

Very Good. I have been able to track PMs more easily.

Pros

The ability to use on devices is great for mobility. The interface is clean and uncomplicated, yet is deep and offers many options for me to save data for later use. It is quite intuitive compared to the last CMMS we were using.

Cons

Honestly not much. If anything it might be there is less focus on desktop, which is fine with me. There are some in our organization which is better for them to send me work requests. Of course this may already exist and I just haven't gotten that far yet!

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX appears to be on the leading edge of CMMS products.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Ease of use, mobility and more economical and appropriate for our facility/assets.

Industry: Chemicals

Full featured CMMS that after using will not ever want to work without.

My overall exprience with MaintainX has been great. This program just works. It will help you in places you dont even realize you need help in. You will not find a more helpful group of people than the MaintainX team. This program has proven itself so much that it is being worked in to our sites across the US.

Pros

Work orders. Reactive and Preventitive a like are the basis of what we do day to day. This program does such a good job we would be lost without it. Parts inventory has been huge for us in making sure we don't run out off parts most of which are mission critical. Audits of all kinds have never been easier since adopting MaintainX. I also find that auditors a very impressed when seeing the program.

Cons

From my perspective there isnt really a con that I've encountered.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Ease of use. Enterprise cabability. Customer support. Program functionality.

roberto

MANUFACTURING ADAPTION

It is really usefull and needs some improvements

Pros

The software is super friendly and easy to use. A real tool that you can use to manage the jobs in the shop.

Cons

I would like, raw materials inventory, customer data base, suppliers data base and the posibility to set the priority of levels from 1 to 10, so the operator finishes the highest level but knows what is the next right after.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

because it is simpler to use than Upkeep.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Upkeep is expensive and not very friendly but it is very complete

4.74/5 out of 266 reviews