Browse ShareMyToolbox Reviews

Matthew from The Mission Continues

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best Tool Tracking Software I've Seen

Pros

The software is great! It provides our organization with the capability of not just having a web-based tool inventory but also the ability to track the tools in the field. I did my research before moving forward with this product and found ShareMyToolbox to be the one with the greatest ease of use, which is very important to us since we have a lot of volunteers who assist our organization and use this product. One thing that has really impressed me is the hands on technical assistance I've received from Chuck and his team. They have been so great to work with and always willing to answer questions.

Cons

I, honestly, haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Gary from Turner Technology

A simple but effective solution for tool management and rentals

They have provided outstanding support. They designed the system to be as simple to implement and operate as possible. When you call for support, you're getting a key member of the team, which is a reflection of their design philosophy in action. Our client has the system in place and is doing updates to their Sage 300 job costing for billing of tool use and rental.

Pros

The system was purpose built to address the basic critical aspects of tool management and rental: Who has the tool, the costs for the use of the tool, and basic information about the tool itself. If you want geolocation or complex maintenance planning, this is not the solution. If you want very effective tool for the key basics of tool management, ShareMyToolBox is a great solution.

Cons

We recommended on on the base feature set. If you want more, this won't be the answer.

Reasons for Choosing ShareMyToolbox

While Tenna is an awesome product, it was overkill for what we wanted and we could use ShareMyToolBox for a decade and spend less then we would have on Tenna.

Keith from Stewart Plumbing, Inc.

Good start for simple tool tracking

Pros

This is for the companies that just want to track tool location and history, not asset management. Simply put if you want to know where your tool is you can locate it from the mobile app or the web interface. Great for mobile transfer of tools- from field locations. Has the ability to accept or reject the transfer. Employees can see the location of shared tools. Licensing structure is awesome. I moved from Trimble All-Trak because it was too costly for multiple users and not updated frequently. This is worth a try for those looking.

Cons

Takes a while to set up. Is not designed for large transactions and editing data is done one item at a time. The developer needs to allow the user to have more control over information and edit - delete easier. This is designed with a social attitude towards sharing tools but really could capture a larger market if they improved just a few things.

Thobeka from ikhokha

Asset Tracking @ iKhokha with ShareMyToolBox

We current love it at our office. Allows really easy asset tracking and remote sharing of devices.

Pros

Ease of transfer of goods from anywhere. Easy maintenance of asset register. User friendly. Effiecient.

Cons

I think the basic subscription could start with a higher number of users? maybe 5 more to the current.

Reasons for Choosing ShareMyToolbox

It was easier to use and it met all our requirements.

Nick from J. Becher & Associates, Inc

It has been excellent, with great communication from the owners of SMTB.

Reduced business costs of labor, lost time, lost tools, and gained accountability to everyone in the company that utilizes tools.

Pros

It puts the accountability to the field user, which encourages all of the users to utilize the application. In a lot of tool management systems, they are used as an accounting system for the office to manage the dollars of the tools, and the locations. But, that leaves the field out of the occasion, and turns it into a housekeeping nightmare for the office and/or warehouse. With SMTB, it sets up the system to require the users to accept tools when they are delivered. Then if a tool goes missing, the person who has their name on the tool is accountable. This encourages utilization within the field by design.

Cons

The hardest thing about the software were a few system errors that I encountered early on. I also ran across a couple of things that we wanted to see implemented. However, the SMTB crew has been outstanding and promptly addressed every concern that was raised, AND implemented changes that we requested.

Edward from JCOR Mechanical

Money Goes Out-Tools Come Back

Besides accountability among workers, the tracking has additional customized parameters, I use "Condition" ratings to track the effective life of a tool. Enabling me to anticipate tool replacement schedules and warranty dates.

Pros

This software helps track who has a tool and even what job it's on. Tool tracking has greatly improved our tool inventory. Now each tech must scan the tools they take and are responsible for them until the tool is returned. No more, uhhhh, I don't know where that $500 tool went, wasn't me, wasn't me! Now we know who had it last.

Cons

If the tech does not confirm the loan of the tool, it goes back into the available list, and the loan out goes away. They must confirm the loan for it to register under their name.

Response from ShareMyToolbox

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the great review Edward!

Kenny from EC Electric

Saving our company Time & Money! Amazing Customer Service - Love this service

We have had a great experience with the roll out of this service and it has already been a great benefit our bottom line including cost, time, and prevention of frustration in the field.

Pros

Visibility of and control of all tool inventory locations. Accountability for every user that "Borrow's" a tool that pushes towards our overall goal of success.

Cons

Not much.. It has been very versatile it our environment. Multiple Check-in locations maybe? Nice part about this "Cons" section, any questions/concerns we have had, customer service has addressed in an amazing time frame! Thank you Chuck!

Stacy from White Electrical Construction

Great Product very user friendly

Takes less time to find what I need.

Pros

Works smoothly and I have to say the customer support is some of the best I have ever had. Any question or problem is answered direct. I was actually surprised to talk to software designer the first time I had an issue.

Cons

None I cant honestly think of one thing negative to say. This product will increase tool tracking effectiveness

Alicia from Rhine Demolition

Great Value and Easy to Use

This system has made my job so much easier. It is easy to use, the videos they provide to understand the system are a great resource, and the customer service has been wonderful.

Pros

Working in the construction field I find that many of our field employees can be intimidated by new technology. This system is very easy to use and the dashboard is appealing, so our workers are comfortable using it. That really helps. I also like the visibility it creates for the location of all the tools. Because everyone is using the system, we all know the correct location of the tools. Wonderful!

Cons

I haven't used the system long enough to have many criticisms. Overall, it's been a really great system.

Reasons for Choosing ShareMyToolbox

It was a better value and more user friendly.

Joanne from Beaty Construction Inc

Implementation of Small tool Tracking

This has been good. I would give it an A-/B+.

Pros

The mobile feature was the most important part. Our field managers don't have a lot of time to deal with paperwork. The mobile app is fast, easy to use and more efficient.

Cons

The desktop version has not been the easiest to use from an administrative function. It needs to have an easier search function. The current filter function is two condition filter, which is not intuitive to use. It would be so much better to have a drop down box appear for filtering. Point, click, done! That would make the desktop version faster, easier to use and more efficient.

The mobile feature.

Patsy from Siteworks Design Build

Easy to use and easy to implement

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Pros

It is on every mobile device. I know where the tools are and when we need to replace them. It also keeps tools out of corners of job shacks and in the back of trucks because people are assigned to them.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more customizable. Add costs codes and job number to check out to as well as the person. I wish there was an output that gave time used by job or cost code for billing purposes.

Allen from Eleven Mass Media

Solves a problem nothing else can

No more losing tools or wasting time trying to find them

Pros

This app is hands down the easiest and quickest way to keep up with your stuff. You always know who has it, and everyone has visibility into what's available and who has it. You don't have to call 10 people looking for something, just check the app and you can see who has it. It also makes people more aware and careful with stuff because everyone knows they have it.

Cons

I'd like to search by the tool that's closest so I can send someone to get it. They say that is coming in future releases.

Andy from Plumbline Construction, Inc

SMT Review

Real time updates on locations and quantity of all company tools

Pros

Ease of use for all users and real time information

Cons

Notifications do not automatically appear on phone home screen

Kyle from Cody Brock

Great Product!

This has been a great experience and gave us the tool tracking we needed!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how helpful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team are.

Cons

There are some lags when you implement new members through the app first.

AMAZING APP

Very impressed with the contact with the support team, we really enjoy the simplicity of the program itself, and we really enjoy the low pricing!

Pros

One of the best features of this program is the simplicity - we simply needed this for checking in/out tools from our tool shed to our different personnel working in the field. This works PERFECT!

Cons

There are a few glitches on the app, but the team is more than willing to listen and to make improvements.

Aaron from Gilbert Mechanical

Very Helpful

It has been very helpful and useful in our day today operations.

Pros

It is very easy to understand and adopt. We've only used it for about a month, but all of our guys have been receptive to it and is already helping us have an accurate inventory of our tools.

Cons

Of course, it is a long process to add all the tools into the system, but after that you only need to adjust it and add new tools as they come in.

John from Baxter Contracting

Simple, Easy Tool Tracking Solution - Just what we needed!

We needed a simple tool tracking system. We needed to find tools quicker in the field. We needed to assign responsibility and maintain it when tools moved from person to person. This app and cloud tool tracker was exactly what we were looking for. Great support helped us get up and running in less than a day. The free trial allowed us to try it risk free before we had to buy anything. Great way to do business!

Pros

Simple and easy to use for field workers. Solved the right problem in an easy way.

Response from ShareMyToolbox

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the review Baxter!

Jeff from Reavis Contracting

Good Tool Tracking App with real support

Better tracking of our tools has reduced stuff walking away.

Pros

Talked to actual people in the US when I needed support. Simple to use. We track tools and some small equipment like lifts and such.

Cons

No GPS but we don't really need it for the smaller stuff we are tracking. It might be helpful down the road.

Jason from AveryHess

Downloaded and installed the app easily and was up and running in no time!

Pros

I am able to easily track all the tools I have loaned out and has significantly reduced overhead costs.

Cons

I tried to roll this software out slowly overtime, however all employees wanted it immediately and I had to work all weekend to make this happen.

Craig from Blauch Brothers Inc

Tool Tracking

We have been able to hold our employees accountable for the tools that go on to job sites

Pros

Very simple and easy to use for our men , thanks

Cons

We haven't found any cons yet, very happy so far

Samuel from Banyan Creative

ShareMyToolBox has been a great help to our team tracking tools and equipment for our company.

Pros

It helps keeps our tool inventory organized all in one place. Nice interface and super easy to use.

Cons

No drawbacks so far that I can tell. I had a little bit of challenge at a setup but customer support was responsive and answered my questions promptly.

michael