Construction Tool Tracking System Software Reviews

Construction Tool Tracking System Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Ease of transfer of goods from anywhere. Easy maintenance of asset register."
  • icon"One of the best features of this program is the simplicity - we simply needed this for checking in/out tools from our tool shed to our different personnel working in the field."
  • icon"I also like the visibility it creates for the location of all the tools. Because everyone is using the system, we all know the correct location of the tools."
  • icon"Hard to get used to as it is confusing to use at first."
  • icon"The hardest thing about the software were a few system errors that I encountered early on. I also ran across a couple of things that we wanted to see implemented."
  • icon"There are some lags when you implement new members through the app first."

Browse all Construction Tool Tracking System Reviews

• Have you used Construction Tool Tracking System and would like to share your experience with others?

Larry

October 2022

Happy new customer

No longer are we chasing down tools with numerous phone calls. Tool maintenance and tracking is now streamlined with this simple program. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

1. Initially, the customer service was what sold me on the product. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] answered all my questions with patience and care (and there were a lot of questions). One of the best experiences I've had with a vendor.2. I love the simplicity of the software. I was able to learn the software myself and train others with the greatest of ease. 3. No hidden costs or surprises along with simple outlined program and prices. Well worth the money

Cons

Haven't had a negative experience with this software yet.

Simple softwareCustomer serviceCost effective

Gary

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A simple but effective solution for tool management and rentals

They have provided outstanding support. They designed the system to be as simple to implement and operate as possible. When you call for support, you're getting a key member of the team, which is a reflection of their design philosophy in action. Our client has the system in place and is doing updates to their Sage 300 job costing for billing of tool use and rental.

Pros

The system was purpose built to address the basic critical aspects of tool management and rental: Who has the tool, the costs for the use of the tool, and basic information about the tool itself. If you want geolocation or complex maintenance planning, this is not the solution. If you want very effective tool for the key basics of tool management, ShareMyToolBox is a great solution.

Cons

We recommended on on the base feature set. If you want more, this won't be the answer.

Reasons for choosing Construction Tool Tracking System

While Tenna is an awesome product, it was overkill for what we wanted and we could use ShareMyToolBox for a decade and spend less then we would have on Tenna.

Keith

Good start for simple tool tracking

Pros

This is for the companies that just want to track tool location and history, not asset management. Simply put if you want to know where your tool is you can locate it from the mobile app or the web interface. Great for mobile transfer of tools- from field locations. Has the ability to accept or reject the transfer. Employees can see the location of shared tools. Licensing structure is awesome. I moved from Trimble All-Trak because it was too costly for multiple users and not updated frequently. This is worth a try for those looking.

Cons

Takes a while to set up. Is not designed for large transactions and editing data is done one item at a time. The developer needs to allow the user to have more control over information and edit - delete easier. This is designed with a social attitude towards sharing tools but really could capture a larger market if they improved just a few things.

Dave

Simple

Awesome

Pros

Simple and easy to use...customer support is very responsive.

Cons

Cannot remove tabs from the phone interface

Reasons for choosing Construction Tool Tracking System

to much extra in all the other options. this was the simple clean and easy solution.

Nick

It has been excellent, with great communication from the owners of SMTB.

Reduced business costs of labor, lost time, lost tools, and gained accountability to everyone in the company that utilizes tools.

Pros

It puts the accountability to the field user, which encourages all of the users to utilize the application. In a lot of tool management systems, they are used as an accounting system for the office to manage the dollars of the tools, and the locations. But, that leaves the field out of the occasion, and turns it into a housekeeping nightmare for the office and/or warehouse. With SMTB, it sets up the system to require the users to accept tools when they are delivered. Then if a tool goes missing, the person who has their name on the tool is accountable. This encourages utilization within the field by design.

Cons

The hardest thing about the software were a few system errors that I encountered early on. I also ran across a couple of things that we wanted to see implemented. However, the SMTB crew has been outstanding and promptly addressed every concern that was raised, AND implemented changes that we requested.

Edward

Money Goes Out-Tools Come Back

Besides accountability among workers, the tracking has additional customized parameters, I use "Condition" ratings to track the effective life of a tool. Enabling me to anticipate tool replacement schedules and warranty dates.

Pros

This software helps track who has a tool and even what job it's on. Tool tracking has greatly improved our tool inventory. Now each tech must scan the tools they take and are responsible for them until the tool is returned. No more, uhhhh, I don't know where that $500 tool went, wasn't me, wasn't me! Now we know who had it last.

Cons

If the tech does not confirm the loan of the tool, it goes back into the available list, and the loan out goes away. They must confirm the loan for it to register under their name.

Response from ShareMyToolbox

Thanks for the great review Edward!

Replied April 2019

victor

User Friendly

Pros

The ease of use and the ease of keeping track of our field tools

Cons

QR codes could be useful if made from a different material for ease of application on some surfaces..

price point

Keith

Saves us time and time is...

This software has helped our company with locating specialty tools. I began looking for a solution to eliminate the absorbent amount of hours tracking down tools. With this software we have eliminated the need for calling everyone in the company that we thought might have a tool.

Pros

I like that we can catalog all company owned items that our employees are issued. For example, when we issue a truck to an employee we include phone, tablet, credit cards, etc. I really like the accountability that this system helps us with.

Cons

Honestly, I don't know of anything that I don't like about this software. If I had experience with another company I could provide some feedback.

Reasons for choosing Construction Tool Tracking System

[SENSITIVE CONTENT} and his team were super helpful when talking about this product. He helped us through the entire process.

Jaime

February 2022

Great for orgaisation

very good

Pros

Being able to organise everything so that we know where all our tools are

Cons

Hard to get used to as it is confusing to use at first

Felipe

Industry: Civil Engineering

September 2022

Great experience

Great choice

Pros

is so simple to use great features love the program the best one yet, we like that you can export to excel and print lists

Cons

we need a consumable not conusmable we need to give back some things from proyects

is the most practical

Teresa

My Review

I have found it easy to use. They are always updating the software, which is great but has made it difficult to update the tools to different types. Overall I love the product.

Pros

I love that in seconds I can find the location of any tool. The addition of new tools is easy to do. They have several ways to categorize tools ie. consumables, quantity, standard. I can add pictures, descriptions, where purchased so I can track everything about my inventory.

Cons

I find it difficult to use the computer version as it is harder to see all columns but you can adjust the columns to see what you want. I add new tools on the phone app as it is easier and you can take pictures.

Kenny

Saving our company Time & Money! Amazing Customer Service - Love this service

We have had a great experience with the roll out of this service and it has already been a great benefit our bottom line including cost, time, and prevention of frustration in the field.

Pros

Visibility of and control of all tool inventory locations. Accountability for every user that "Borrow's" a tool that pushes towards our overall goal of success.

Cons

Not much.. It has been very versatile it our environment. Multiple Check-in locations maybe? Nice part about this "Cons" section, any questions/concerns we have had, customer service has addressed in an amazing time frame! Thank you Chuck!

Stacy

Great Product very user friendly

Takes less time to find what I need.

Pros

Works smoothly and I have to say the customer support is some of the best I have ever had. Any question or problem is answered direct. I was actually surprised to talk to software designer the first time I had an issue.

Cons

None I cant honestly think of one thing negative to say. This product will increase tool tracking effectiveness

Patsy

Easy to use and easy to implement

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Pros

It is on every mobile device. I know where the tools are and when we need to replace them. It also keeps tools out of corners of job shacks and in the back of trucks because people are assigned to them.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more customizable. Add costs codes and job number to check out to as well as the person. I wish there was an output that gave time used by job or cost code for billing purposes.

Alicia

Great Value and Easy to Use

This system has made my job so much easier. It is easy to use, the videos they provide to understand the system are a great resource, and the customer service has been wonderful.

Pros

Working in the construction field I find that many of our field employees can be intimidated by new technology. This system is very easy to use and the dashboard is appealing, so our workers are comfortable using it. That really helps. I also like the visibility it creates for the location of all the tools. Because everyone is using the system, we all know the correct location of the tools. Wonderful!

Cons

I haven't used the system long enough to have many criticisms. Overall, it's been a really great system.

Reasons for choosing Construction Tool Tracking System

It was a better value and more user friendly.

Allen

Solves a problem nothing else can

No more losing tools or wasting time trying to find them

Pros

This app is hands down the easiest and quickest way to keep up with your stuff. You always know who has it, and everyone has visibility into what's available and who has it. You don't have to call 10 people looking for something, just check the app and you can see who has it. It also makes people more aware and careful with stuff because everyone knows they have it.

Cons

I'd like to search by the tool that's closest so I can send someone to get it. They say that is coming in future releases.

Andy