Smartsheet Software Reviews

Smartsheet Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"It's intuitive to learn so you can get up-to-speed quickly, and has terrific training and community support to allow users to build upon their Smartsheet skills and become experts."
  • icon"I love the flexibility and ease of use. The ability to flip from tasklist to schedule to card views is great."
  • icon"What I like best about Smartsheet is the great amount off functionalities it has, it can be used for many purposes and it is very easy to set up."
  • icon"I can't work offline, which is terrible for someone who is required to do a lot of work inside airplanes."
  • icon"You can't really duplicate a sheet, or there is something wrong with that feature that makes it extremely inconvenient for us to do so."
  • icon"I had a trouble to understand how the conditional formatting is working at first, not many tutorial or manual provided and I had to study the feature on my own."

All Smartsheet Reviews

1-25 of 2,471 Reviews

Carl

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

SmartSheet or SuperSheet to me

Gabriel

Robust and complex.

Thanks to Smartsheet, we can progress through a project quickly and always see the big picture. Keeping track of where we are in the process would be impossible without the automation features and the tags I can add to or assign to a column. Smartsheets allow for the creation of forms, which simplifies the data entry process.

Pros

I can effectively automate specific deadlines and checkpoints on a timetable using Smartsheet's numerous choices. In Smartsheet, I enjoy that I can collaborate on a single document without having to keep track of many versions of the same file. Additionally, it is more secure than sending an internal copy to an outside party because doing so would need backing up the document on our server, putting us at risk for security breaches. Smartsheet offers so many helpful features that it acts as a virtual cheat sheet for me, removing the need for me to manually enter computations; I gained a lot of time at work once I figured out how to customize it particularly for the requirements of my location.

Cons

What I dislike about Smartsheet is that it is difficult to use. That's unfortunate because the subject is quite complex. Employees must first attend a free training session before they can begin using the program. It would be helpful if videos were available on the homepage to assist new employees in getting started with Smartsheet.

Max

Industry: Medical Devices

October 2022

Smartsheet is Easy

Smart heat is great tool to easily track and manage tasks and can simplify the whole project management experience.

Pros

Out-of-the-box templates are great with smart sheet. I highly recommend using those tools rather than manually, creating certain tracking tools on your own.

Cons

I wish smart Sheidt help you create a hierarchy, more effectively where you can see a parent task is bold.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

The organization decided as a group to leverage smartsheet.

November 2022

Not impressed--too much work to set up

Pros

If you are someone who wants to create and control every single detail of a project management tool (essential recreating the wheel) then this is the software for you. If you, like myself and 95% of the marketing /PM world, prefer to pay for a high-quality, easy-to-deploy PM tool, this is NOT for you. PRO: you can customize SmartSheets to be exactly what you want, but it will take time and training.

Cons

I was working as a consultant with a company who already utilized this software. As a user, I found it very difficult to create new projects and track them. The team had one dedicated Smartsheets admin who had gone to multiple conferences to be the team "expert" for Smartsheets. Honestly, this seemed overboard. For project management, Asana and Trello are much easier and faster and high-quality than Smartsheet.

Connie

August 2022

Smartsheet Review

This software can be used in so many applications with no code necessary to create automations, dashboards and data aggregation from other sources. We have been able to redeploy thousands of working hours from administrative duties to value add activites.

Pros

Product can be purchased with a limited number of licenses to gain knowledge and champions to scale. This allows for a low cost entry point. Users do not have to be licences to use the software only to create or edit an existing Smartsheet.

Cons

The only issue we have encountered so far was the challenges to get our organization to scale its use. However, after 6 years we now see widespread use of the software with licenced active users in most departments.

Reasons for choosing Smartsheet

Ease of use, quick start up, minimal learning curve, accessibility for all staff without a licence, good product support and access to experts for more complex solutions, excellent user conferences and webinars to learn advanced features for the program, affordability, wide range of solutions beyond project management and Kanban if you want to scale to their platinum product, well developed Smartsheet Community with so many questions answered when you google it, Smartsheet Certification available.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

We outgrew our Microsoft tools and required something far more robust to manage all the projects and operational support issues that had been assigned to the Process Excellence & CI team.

Industry: Photography

October 2022

Fantastic spreadsheet or Data tool for a shared data resource for your team

Really easy to import data and get started. The filtering and reporting ability is fantastic!

Pros

The ability to filter the data on the fly. Simply check a box to filter columns to only see specific portions of your data. You can then create reports to share with your team.

Cons

You need access to the internet to use the software. This can be viewed as both a strength and a weakness, however, if you lose internet connectivity, you won't be able to access your data.

Reasons for choosing Smartsheet

Much easier interface. The user interface seems very familiar if you have ever used a spreadsheet.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

MS Access was too complicated for our team use. Smartsheet makes filtering and reporting much easier.

Tara

Tara's Reivew

I love using Smartsheet!

Pros

Creating and sharing reports with others!

Cons

Looks intimidating to new users. Can't easily sort on date and time.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

The ability to create reports from a master sheet.

Thubelihle

Industry: Biotechnology

September 2022

Smart sheet has completely organiser my life

My work has never been so ordered

Pros

At first I was a bit skeptical about the app. But a friend convinced me to try it, best decision I ever made lol. It is highly customizable and the one thing I love most is it allow me to share my work with my colleagues . It definitely makes work easier

Cons

For beginners it can be tricky to use the app.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

I noticed I made great progress with smart sheet

Top project management application

To sum up. my experience using this software is great. i recommand you giving it a try.

Pros

Smartsheet offers flexibility in planning and managing your projects in real time. it offers many features for effective project management. for example, resource management which is essential in a project, synthetic reports on the progress of tasks.

Cons

I am still in the testing stag. nevertheless it takes a little time to understand the environment

Isabel

Smart project managing.

Through Smartsheet, we have been able to manage projects by combining efforts among team members, managing resources, solving emerging complex issues and checking the project progress.

Pros

Automation of repetitive manual tasks has helped us to save time and be more productive.Through alerts and notifications our team members stay informed.It is easy to create a form without a code, through drag and drop feature.

Cons

I like every feature it has offered us in managing our project. I highly recommend.

Alexander

September 2022

Excellent tool for working like a Pro

Pros

Planning, deploying, and managing tasks are easy. It includes a variety of team communication features as well as strong analytics and reporting. Its easy to get going immediately with basic knowledge of excel

Cons

The platform does lack some basic collaboration features like auto-updating across the cloud, but either than that I don't recall ever having any problems with Smartsheet.

Andy

August 2022

A must-have tool for project management!

By being able to check the progress of tasks in detail (confirmation of delays), it was possible to allocate human resources optimally. In a project with a fixed release schedule, it is necessary to move forward efficiently, so I am very grateful to be able to understand this. A convenient editing function that allows multiple people to edit at the same time online and a free sharing setup with no limit to the number of people. A Gantt chart can be created intuitively.

Pros

It is mainly used for the management of projects that occur frequently in the company. The main tasks of each project and the secondary tasks linked to them can be managed in detail and in a visual and easy-to-understand way, which is useful to understand the progress and bottlenecks of the project. It is nice to see alerts for overdue tasks.Additionally, a lot of templates are available that can be used for any project, which is very helpful.

Cons

The templates are perfect, but there were many times when I hesitated because I often wondered which template to use in the first place. I thought it would be nice to have a feature that would recommend this template for such a project.

Reasons for choosing Smartsheet

I used it to see the approximate schedule of tasks, plus set due dates for individual tickets. Gantt charts are often handled in duplicate with other tools, but we were able to minimize the burden because it was easy to create.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

The user interface is good. There are several project management tools, but if you want to manage a project with a relatively long time period and detailed tasks, I think this tool is the only choice.

Swati

July 2022

Smartsheet Your Next Level Spreadsheet!

I will consider myself as one of the satisfied user of Smartsheet.I have used this software for small as well as huge projects and it came handy in both. But I would recommended that you can have another software if you are going for small projects and the budget is not so high because this platform is quite expensive and complicated in comparison to other Spreadsheet software available in the market.But if you are dealing with a bulky projects and team members are more than three then definitely use this software as your work will becomes very easy ,it will also help you to save a good amount of time and effort.

Pros

Smart sheet is so far one of the best spreadsheet software that I have came across for project management. The best thing about Smartsheet is it's data View structure and ease of use. It's easy to create tasks in your project ;you can definitely edit, delete or update your main Tasks and subtasks without any inconvenience and to track the whole status of the project you can just have a view of the dashboard . You can also combine any number of spreadsheet so, that when you share your work with your team decisions making for that project becomes easy. Adding Automations to any sheet in Smartsheet is very easy and definitely time saving, there are some common suggestions in the automation menu but you can definitely create your own workflow with ease.

Cons

With Smartsheet my overall experience was really good I was able to deliver my projects on time and maintained to have a good growth but everything is not so great about it and the first thing is the cost that I had to bear for using some of the important tools present within Smartsheet Like if you are working on multiple projects it's expensive.As well as there are numerous tools which are quite complicated to learn so, for a beginner it's quite time taking.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

I switched to this software because as a freelancer I have to work on multiple projects single handedly so, this is one of the best software available in the market that saved me a lot of time and effort. I even managed to deliver my projects within the deadlines irrespective of the complexities. And when I worked within a team then resource sharing and management was way to easy then the previous softwares that we used for our project

Melissa

June 2022

Keeps us on track with our projects

People who already know Excel will like the ease with which they can get started, but if they're willing to dive further, they'll find many more useful advanced capabilities like automation. It has a lot of power. The preconfigured templates are excellent for getting you up and running quickly. The forms are simple to create and distribute. There is a significant amount of manual labor eliminated by the workflow automation. The design of the dashboards is superb.

Pros

Using Smartsheets is the best way for me to keep track of my progress, interact with my clients, and make my work visible to my boss. Tracking progress and keeping track of projects and todos has been a big help to me with the aid of Smartsheet. Increasing the level of transparency for the company's top brass as well as its customers.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Smartsheet at this stage in our journey. We've only scratched the surface of what Smartsheet can achieve for our teams, but the value and efficiency it's provided us go well beyond what a shared spreadsheet or file could ever provide.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

SME input may be requested and tracked simply with Smartsheet, and we can examine and implement any modifications made by them into our files. Dashboards allow our teams to effortlessly interact and observe and leverage the work done by other teams without having to open and preview each project one by one.

Kathy

Smart Technology

Smartsheet definitely is very smart! It's a very powerful collaboration tool. You can customize forms to send to other. You can set up notification/reminders to others. However, Smartsheet is not so user-friendly. It's an intricate system that takes time to learn. However, once you take the time to learn it, you'll love it!!!

Pros

In my line of work, I have to send forms to vendors. They submit the terms that they agree with Target. I also have to document their terms. I love that it's so easy to customize forms in Smartsheet. Vendors and key partners also really like the looks of Smartsheet forms too. I also like that Smartsheet organized data from submission forms into a nice master grid. Another functionality that I love is the workflow automation. I'm able to set notification and reminder on when key partners need to approve vendor forms in Smartsheet.

Cons

Smartsheet provide a very nice, clean form for vendor to submit their terms. However, there is no function to send a copy of the SAME form once the form had been submitted. When vendor sask me to send the a copy of the forms they submitted, Smartsheet isn't able to generate the form in the original format. Smartsheet just generate a simple grid of the submitted data/terms. It would nice if Smartsheet can generate the submitted form in the SAME/original format of the form that I created in Smartsheet.

Reasons for choosing Smartsheet

My company choose Smartsheet.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

I can't set up workflow automation workflow in Excel. Furthermore, I can't set up required field sand logic in Excel forms.

Angel

May 2022

We ensure the preparation of workflow charts accurately with high flexibility in follow-up.

Smartsheet has simplified the concept of project management for our team members, and everyone is interacting with the work programs that Smartsheet can collaborate on. We have benefited greatly from the automation that keeps all histories constantly updated. With Smartsheet, workflow was accurately prepared and tracked, and we were able to quickly discover troubled tasks and find solutions to them.

Pros

I like in Smartsheet the ease that it gives us when setting work schedules, and also the automatic update of the start and end dates of activities, and it is equipped with several views, enabling you to get a distinct view of the work programs. Through the project dashboard, Smartsheet enables you to know all the information you need and also enables each member of the team to know the tasks to be followed up and when they will be closed. Smartsheet provides many collaborative features that enable all team members to share updates, and also send notifications to team members that show what tasks have been modified and who is responsible for them. One of the features of Smartsheet is also to prepare forms and send them easily to a specific team member or from outside the team, requesting specific data and information, and the ease of receiving a response to them and including them within the project updates. I value the means of communication that keeps all team members in constant contact, saves them a lot of time, and ensures that all tasks are kept under constant supervision. With Smartsheet, we ensure that all project events are archived, in addition to the attachments that were included by team members during updates, and it is also distinguished that we can return to them at any time to make sure of any information we need.

Cons

Smartsheet is a very intuitive tool and all the tools are clear and easy to use, and I didn't find any dislikes with it. As for the mobile application, it needs more improvements to be able to perform more functions with it.

Jessica