• Pros

• "As a designer, I like that my designs can be easily, and well maintained and supported by the people who own the site: editors, department heads, etc. It is easy to learn and quick to use."

• "I like that it has a 'stage' target Its flexible if you develop and customization or add-on with ingeniux team which is $$$"

• "I like the tree navigation on the side where you can clearly see the page hierarchy, as well as the one in asset management"

• Cons

• "The CMS backend can be a little slow with content heavy pages. The forward facing pages are fast with heavy content, but the back content portion can be slow if trying to load a lot of components."

• "Publishign can be sometimes slow, but this depends on how many pages are getting pushed."

• "There is nothing to dislike - granted the product offers features that I have not had a chance to use. "

Browse Ingeniux CMS Reviews

Dan from Susquehanna University

Well-rounded CMS for Higher Ed Usage

We needed a highly efficient way to manage and make web changes as well as a flexible web presence to adapt to changing demands from partners on campus. Ingeniux has helped with both. We have a web triage system to handle smaller content changes from campus, strategy meetings with department chairs and other stakeholders to strategize around larger initiatives and a few well-trained partners on campus who can make their own updates. Ultimately this has freed up a team of three people to continue to improve the site with new development projects, the brainpower to think of fun and engaging ways visitors interact with the site and ultimately help the university reach its business goals of attracting more students and appealing to more donors.

Pros

What stands out the most about Ingeniux is the high level of customer service - from the initial research stage to reviewing specs and implementation to the amazing support when you become a partner - every phase of interaction with Ingeniux helped our efficiency and web potential, and reinforced that we made the right choice.

Cons

Aspects of our site are dependent on taxonomy and the ordering of the association within the taxonomy are very important. We've found work arounds, but a more robust out-of-the-box feature for ordering taxonomy would be wonderful.

Kirsten from American Optometric Association

Transitioning from v9 to v10 IGX

Technical support is phenomenal. There is efficient response time and collaboration to review and resolve complicated issues . Collegial communication is very much appreciated.

Pros

The addition to include GTM UA tags, rather than in _Layout.cshtml is very helpful. Version 9.0 included slider / image gallery options for our clients.

Cons

Our current version 9 shares layout templates to lessen server loads. Customization is more difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Ingeniux CMS

Our continued user base and upgrades to hosted instance of aoa.org and growing number of affiliate sites drove the decision to migrate to version 10.

I am only talking about Ingeniux 8(I believe) because that's what I am using

Pros

Cons

It is not user friendly at all in general, definitely not adapting to the modern age users. First of all, there is no in-context editing, so I have to click on Preview for every edit I make. And I can't drag files and put them in the window when I am trying to upload documents. Also I can't upload multiple docs at the same time. Every time somebody assigns a page to me, I have to type in the page ID in the search bar because it's not showing up in the 'Assignment' on the left side for some reason.

Response from Ingeniux

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much for your review of Ingeniux CMS. We greatly value your feedback. It looks like you are on CMS version 8 right now. The latest version of the product (CMS version 10) has a new, easy-to-use user interface and all of the features you list below that are missing in version 8 (plus tons more exciting new features not mentioned, like our new digital asset manager). If you reach out to your account manager, they can help set you on an upgrade path that works for you and your team. Wishing you all the best in Ingeniux CMS, The Ingeniux Team

Matthew from Chesapeake Employers

Overall good product, but limited in today's web landscape

Pros

CMS is very feature-rich - when we are able to spend more time configuring pages and workflows, we'll be able to get our business users more involved to manage content directly. The configurability offers a lot of flexibility in web page appearance and flow.

Cons

It is not set up to configure web forms. With decoupled application architecture and API availability, it would be great if CMS could be used to build the UI version of forms, and through advanced configuration, tie back to API endpoints. This should be configurable through the CMS UI and the .NET aspects of CMS should not be needed. While I understand the focus of CMS is content, page layout, and site structure (not web forms), we find this to be a huge limitation to the extent where we are seeking out other vendors and solutions for web form development, which potentially disrupts the flow of our website. And finally, while I understand it IS technically possible to configure web forms in CMS, it's not feasible to do so.

Rebecca from Lasell University

Good but complicated

Overall our experience with Ingeniux is positive. We have been customers for years and this is largely due to their adaptability of design and customer support. If you dream it, they can make it. That said, be care that you don't overcomplicate an already complicated system.

Pros

The best part about the Ingeniux CMS is the idea of "components". There are pieces of data that can be reused on pages to reduce duplication and ensure consistency across the site. Additionally the user permissions can set up access down the page level. This is wildly useful when managing a large site with multiple content managers. The site servers are also managed and protected by Ingeniux thereby alleviating the pressure on our marketing team that does not have a developer on staff.

Cons

Ingeniux can be overwhelming and has a relatively long learning curve. There are many different areas of a page, site, user permissions, and publishing features that all have to be mastered before you can successfully start to own it. I do wish the interface was more intuitives and user friendly. However, the customer support is unmatched, incredibly helpful and responsive.

Carlos from WSECU

Ingeniux CMS is a must for any company looking to manage their digital experience timely and easily

We have been partners with Ingeniux for over 13 years and have gone through multiple iterations of their CMS. The ability to assign user roles and permissions allows for multiple lines of business to add/edit their own content. There is no 'funnel' that lines of business have to get stuck in in order to keep their content fresh and timely. Ingeniux is continuously improving their platform every year. Their latest efforts in improving asset management have been really successful! All assets are now easily managed and utilized in the same manner as pages and other components. Lastly, support on thief product is outstanding. Whether its assistance with a patch or partnering on a major website redesign, they are always ready to help us get the most out of their platform.

Pros

This platform work great right out of the box or if you're looking for a more customized site, it's fully capable of meeting all of your needs. The ability to keep all page types, components, assets all easily organized is a huge benefit to this CMS.

Cons

Although the CMS comes with the ability to create and use workflows for content creation, editing and publishing, it doesn't allow pages or components to be part of multiple workflows and you can't have specific users utilize different workflows. Its one or none.

Deaon from University of Nevada, Reno

CMS with style

Working at a Higher Education institute, Ingeniux has been vital to the success of the website. With hundreds of users modifying content daily, the system manages without issues.

Pros

The CMS produces a fast website. The infrastructure used for the CMS is great. Even content heavy pages aren't slowed down by the CMS. The publishing system has an excellent cache system that speeds up the page loads. The new design within Ingeniux version 10 is a welcome change. The new UI is easier to navigate. Ingeniux manages the several hundred users we have effectively and efficiently.

Ingeniux CMS

I have been a customer for more than a decade, and have had a great working relactionship with the staff. They have helped us though many upgrades and deployments.

Pros

This is a top in class enterprise level CMS. It supports our business model from top to bottom. We use if for both our Intranet and our main marketing site. We have used Ingeniux since version 4, and have done two total site redesign on to of it. ASP.net templating and Raven DB make updates to templates a snap.

Emily from SAIT

Decent

Pros

- Workflow functions/flexibility - Formatting ease of use (similar to Word)

Cons

- There are some glitches that should be worked out. Sometimes when clicking on the site tree, the entire field of view moves so you lose the page that you originally wanted to click on - This can make it easy to make a mistake when wanting to unpublish a specific page. - Another glitch is in the assignments section - Sometimes the assignments do not populate or load so I cannot rely on this function. - Sometimes pages do not load unless you click on them when it is loading. - The permissions for users is not super intuitive - Could not figure out what permission was responsible for site control editing.

The CMS you need for modern websites

Pros

One of the things I enjoyed the most about Ingeniux CMS is that it provides you with easy to read web analytics in a form of dashboard both on a page-by-page and site level. Another great feature is the in-context editing. Updating content has never been that easy as now people with low to no CMS experience can edit any page looking directly at how it will look when published.

Cons

Something that might be useful to have is more documentation and help channels like a forum where we could get some support and knowledge from each other.

Clare from SIFF

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Great Customer Service

Pros

What I appreciate most about using the Ingeniux CMS is the great support we receive from the Ingeniux Support team. They are always willing, able, and eager to make the product fit our organization's needs and make it easy for us to use.

Cons

The interface can seem unwieldy to new users, as it can seem a bit more advanced than other CMS products on the market.

Michelle from Zango Creative

Great CMS for great websites!!!

I design websites -- Ingeniux is a perfect partner for building these websites - and the site owner ends up with an exceptional product that they can maintain without the design degenerating through update and content cycles. They also have excellent support and are nice to work with.

MANUELA from UCLA Anderson

Ingeniux CMS is not user friendly

Pros

Cons

It needs developers to crate anything. Its slow. Up to this last update it would not publish all the components selected to be publish It doesnt work out-of-the-box Any integration to salesforce, forms, or any other system needs a lot of customization only ingeniux inhouse team can do. There is no image optimization No way to submit to news outlets

Reasons for Choosing Ingeniux CMS

Ingeniux was chosen as the CMS tool before my involvement. I think our needs have evolved and ingeniux hasnt.

John from American Urological Association

Better than most

Pros

I like the APIs available in the newest version of Ingeniux as well as the overall improvements made to the asset management system. The inclusion of the asset management system within the database is a huge improvement.

Cons

The Ingeniux documentation is the weakest part.

Rebecca from Whitman College

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Ingeniux user

So far I love it, I want to understand it more so I'm trying to find time to study.

Pros

I am intrigued by biofeedback and someone used this software on me. I liked it so much, I bought it for myself.

Cons

Figuring out what everything means is a challenge but that's not really the software, it's learning the program.