• Pros

• "I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use."

• "Excellent digital file cabinet, easy to get documents into a neatly organized drive."

• "Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community. The company updates and improves the software annually. Very strong user conference each year."

• Cons

• "The search feature could be a little more robust, but part of that comes from the metadata entered by staff and what returns are pinged."

• "The initial setup process can be a bit strenuous, but the end product is worth it if the time and effort is put in initially."

• "There is some work on the back end to set up this software, but in the end it is well worth the effort. "

Browse Laserfiche Reviews

Excellent Document Management Solution

It has been a wonderful experience with Laserfiche, over storing our information on network shared drives. It has helped us with finding information within documents easily and quickly.

Pros

This software provides a friendly interface to our users and helpful workflows while providing a centralized location with protections in place to keep data safe.

Donna from City of Bartow

The best

Laserfiche has been a great software to work with. Their customer service is good, if you have a problem they are allows there to help you through it. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Laserfiche is the best software for document imaging. This software is very easy to use and to navigate. It is easy to set up you templates and folders. Plus it comes with a lot of other options, that we have not explored yet, to help with no only your document imaging but with records keeping, keeping track of records requests, work flows, etc. You've got to check this software out if you have not already!!!

Cons

There is not really anything that I do not like about this software. But if there was one thing it would be pricing of some of their other additional options. For small municipalities it makes it hard to have the JustFIO and their other software but you get what you pay for. This software is well worth it though.

Shreshthi from Bay Cove Human Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Save office space with Laserfiche

Laserfiche is a great alternative when businesses cannot store paper copes of information. It is a cloud based system that can be accessed from anywhere. It is easy to create new folders and find data.

Pros

It is easy to use. We have limited office space and did not have an advanced HRIS system. Since were using so much paper it was using a lot of physical space.

Cons

Due to the mass volumes of data, it takes time for the information to pull up. Besides that, I do not have anything negative to say about this system.

Nathalie from Accounting

Laserfiche, Not the Best but Gets the Job Done

The only positive thing I've experienced with Laserfiche is that it's reliable for storing documents and I can automatically see recently saved items without having to constantly refresh, but that's about it. It can store a lot but so can a lot of other data storage softwares that I've used in previous years. There are definitely better and more user-friendly programs out there.

Pros

I like how much memory and capacity for storing information this program has. It is also very easy to add and rename documents in each client file

Cons

One of the things I dislike the most about this software is how it's never guaranteed that work will be saved if you don't use the check in/check out feature. I've already lost so much work that if I'm going modify a document with comments or update an excel spreadsheet, using the check in/check out feature has become second nature. Remembering to check a document back in is equally frustrating because it's not enough to hit save and close out of the document. Another thing I don't like is how sometimes I'll stay locked in a document even though I don't have it open.

Cari from Corporation of the County of Essex

Good.

Pros

Ease of use. Much easier to find / search files than going through physical files.

Cons

Hasn't eliminated paper copies (yet) for our organization.

Jacki from City of Bartow, Florida

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

larry from HC

Multiple employee Access

It allows us to store archived data, and allows us multiple employees access to needed daily work logs.

Pros

The ability for my employees to access multiple files and share daily work activities. Also it allows you to archive important documents for future reference.

Cons

Had to apply filters so employees couldn't limit access to certain files. This isn't much of an issue, staff is up to speed now.

Erin from Town of Morrisville

Laserfiche Review

Pros

I have been using Laserfiche in some form for over 12 years. I appreciate that it allows the user to organize information in a way that is meaningful to them. As a government user, I value the ability to store our historical and confidential data within Laserfiche, as well as our public record information, and we can select and direct our customer to documents accessible to them for viewing.

Christina from Freelance Designer and Photographer

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

Massimo from Questrade

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

Tito from Idaho Falls School District 91

Innovative set of applications

We have been using Laserfiche products for approximately 8 years. Our original purpose was to digitize our HR records, and the scanning utilities provided us with just the right solution to get this accomplished with very little stress. Once Laserfiche Forms was released we adopted it and slowly started to push our HR and business processes online. After a year the potential of this product was realized, and we now have approximately 85% of all our HR and Business department related processes online through Laserfiche.

Pros

Perfect for document retention, long term digital storage, and business process routing. It's fairly easy to use, but at times does require some training. The available applications provide us with almost limitless capabilities when it comes to our business and HR processing. I have yet to find something I am unable to build that has been requested by our district staff.

Cons

To be able to fully use the software applications capabilities one would require a fair amount of experience with other applications such as SQL database design, and Windows Domain administration. I would say its not truly possible to utilize Laserfiche to its fullest without personal knowledge of the before mentioned items or a team of individuals that has the knowledge necessary.

LeeAnn from Self Employed

Organizes, saves money, process design,

Pros

The end to end process from collection to destroy / retain and that it has the ability to keep the entire process electronic. I like that they are focusing on a cloud solution that makes the application reachable to businesses of all sizes. The continued research and development along with the support make it a product that changes and supports with the times.

Cons

The cloud needs storage in Canada, ability to apply sequential numbers to documents that would act like a register. You can do this with code and sql tables but it would be great to be able to do it within the form without the requirement of a developer.

Anita from Partners Insurance Services, Inc.

Review of Laserfiche

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Brittney from City of Hewitt

Industry: Government Relations

Does what we need

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Audree from BRENT MEYER CPA & ASSOCIATES

Excellent digital file cabinet

I like the ease of uploading and now I just learned the "save to pdf" feature and I am impressed

Pros

Cons

I am not exactly sure how the metadata features are supposed to work but I have trouble doing a search to locate documents where I thought based on the information I put in metadata fields, I would easily locate what I am searching for. I will continue to explore this feature.

Kevin from CAPRW

Laserfiche is a very solid product for document storage. Lots of capability.

Pros

Cons

Some modules are costly and depending on the size of your organization, price my preclude some of the capability.

Kim from City of Hewitt

Industry: Utilities

Opinion

Pros

I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Great document management for an end user

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

sharon from Benefitmall

Industry: Wholesale

Laserfiche

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

Nick from City of Statesville

Great Records Management System

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

Paula from Education Management

Industry: Utilities

Laserfiche greatness

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

Its a little difficult to program the meta data.

Jason from Kauai Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

If your looking to get away from hard copy file storage this is the way to go!!

Pros

Love how easy it is to scan a document label it and put into a specific folder that can easily be found and never have to worry about where it is or have to sift through hard copy files anymore.

Cons

Nothing maybe a more of a how to use instructional video on the various features of use.

Brett from KVC

Great Features

Pros

The solution has lots of great features that make it very powerful and provide lots of scanning solutions for the organization.

Cons

The cost per user can be prohibitive to organizations. Expanded features can require dedicated staff to manage all the option sets interactivity.

James from Noise Barriers, LLC

Controls our whole business at the touch a button

Pros

Any level in the organization is presented information in a simple/effective manor that anyone can understand

Cons

Lots and lots of back end programming can take sometime to get up and running. Approx. 100+ hrs of programming

Shirley from Complete Provider Resource

Streamline projects and run things automatically

We're admittedly still new users, and so far we like it, but it's far more programmer intensive than we were led to believe. We have to have help to do almost anything. That said, it will be worth it to streamline some of our processes.

Pros

Establish stored procedures and databases which automatically integrate and run processes for you. We've been able to take a six week project and move it down to about 4 days.

Cons

Hard to learn to use and set up, we often need to pay programmer time; which gets expensive. Program won't fax out things on its own--we've had to implement an external procedure.

August 2016

Marry from my own busineess

Excellent software

I used the software and i have found it very useful. Lasefiche has basically, mastered the art of providing solutions to their clients.

Pros

-user friendly - Helpful for organization -free trial

Cons

i haven't observed any

Terra from Childers Architect

Industry: Architecture & Planning

It's too complicated

I've had Laserfiche for 2 years now, and I'm still struggling to get it fully operational.

Pros

This software will basically do anything you need it to for document management and more.

Cons

The software is way to complicated to build for the average person.

Travis from Ada County Sheriff's Office

January 2015

"Run Smarter" - More than just a tagline!

We have been using Laserfiche for almost five years, and we continue find areas where our agency (Law Enforcement) can put it to good use. For the end user, Laserfiche is very simple to use, with our typical user up and running in about twenty minutes. The solution is completely customizable to the extent that you want it to be, or you can use it right "out of the box". With the addition of Forms, QuickFields, and Workflow, Laserfiche is a solution that continues to grow with us and consistently eliminates a lot of time-consuming processes through automation, ultimately having a positive impact on officer safety and the public we serve. I've never worked with a software company that is as engaged with their customers--and provides amazing support year-round (to say nothing of a stellar annual conference)--as is Laserfiche. We truly have been able to "Run Smarter".

December 2014

Don from Calger, Inc.

December 2014

Laserfiche -- The Final Solutioon for Paper and Processing Problems

Finding Laserfiche some years ago was a God-Send for me and my company. I wanted to go paperless and thought I had exhausted affordable market-place offerings, yet decided to take one more chance and look at Laserfiche. At first, I was overwhelmed. I thought I had to learn everything, install everything and use everything. However, I found that I only needed to buy what I needed and expand as needed. Laserfiche has exceeded my expectations at every level. From concept to utility, I could not be happier about continuing to do business with Laserfiche. Some of my friends believed other companies had better offerings right up until they examined Laserfiche in total. Anyone looking for a document imaging system that creates simple, elegant document management solutions that help organizations run smarter should invite Laserfiche in for a visit.

Tony from Saskatchewan Registered Nurses' Association

January 2015

You need more stars to rate this product and company

I suppose if you had a ten star rating system, I would still want it to go to 11. We have been using Laserfiche for the last five years and simply love the product and the company. The product because it does all we ask of it (and can do more). It is secure, easy to use and highly configurable for almost any business. The company because they are so engaged with their customers. I foresee a long engagement (and expensive wedding). Seriously though, we love how Laserfiche and our VAR (Ricoh Canada) keep us up to date, informed and educated on all the many features of this product. I plan to spend the remainder of my career (15+ years until retirement) getting more and more proficient with all the things it can to to keep our valuable documents, safe, searchable, available and more. What's that...? I think I hear wedding bells...

Ronald from YNGLLC

Laserfiche

I use Laserfiche every day at work, and we rely heavily on the software. It's been great to us.

Pros

I like that you can name files you scan through the software on the computer or through the scanner itself. It's not complicated to use.

Cons

There's really nothing that I dislike about Laserfiche.

Thomas from SYKES

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is a great repository too. However, it would be much better if it linked to Windows Explorer.

Pros

The drag and drop capabilities are extremely helpful. Also, the search options based on meta data makes locating documents much easier.

Cons

The system lags and has issues importing large or multiple documents. The speed of the system and overall ease of use could use improvement.

Kathy from Sanitation District No. 1

Laserfiche: A Record Manager's Best Friend

When I started looking at document management systems to get our records management problems under control, Laserfiche had the easiest, most user-friendly system I could find to implement. With little IT support and awesome Laserfiche support, I was able to get Laserfiche, Records Management Edition, up and running, helping our organization with records management and compliance issues. Laserfiche continues to expand its functionality and is a robust system and deserves a deeper look for anyone comparing systems.

Great software to organize our documents

Automate manual process in document management.

Pros

We are able to set up workflows to capture our documents in an orderly fashion, which has allowed us to do away with more manual processes.

Brian from Datamax

January 2015

Flexible software that works in any vertical market

The flexibility, ease of use, familiar windows explorer type interface, and strong workflow tools allows Laserfiche to excel in any vertical market. We have installations in Manufacturing, Financial, Medical, Insurance, and Government. These installations range from 2 users to above 75 users with varying software skill levels from novice to expert and all of the users are able to hit the ground running with minimal training.

Eda from Connick

Doing ediscovery from Laserfiche and it is a terrible products.

Pros

Basic interface. It is so basic that it is almost gives you the feeling that you are opening a mere folder from Windows 99

Cons

It does not support big documents. It gives error constantly while editing and logs you off. It is a terrible product for e discovery. The only function We need is to be able to see the documents. In lasefiche if the pdf is 100 page long good luck with that.

Todd from City of Rexburg

Awesome Record Keeping Software

I work for an organization that uses Laserfiche daily. I find it intuitive and easy to use for both scanning documents and recalling them later. The ability to connect with existing software to create workflows is an ongoing process that makes pen and paper tasks much more digital and streamlined.

Roland from Core Real Estate Group

Does the job as intended

Pros

Work flow and transfer to the appropriate departments. Being able to create workflows. OCR and its capability to scan documents.

Cons

Not having the capacity to work with our existing software (ie: Spectra); would be ideal if we didn't have to export and create a .csv file so this data can be integrated to our software.

No more filing cabinets

We've been scanning old files and saving space in our office

Pros

Stores our documents and records digitally. We switch between Laserfiche and BOX but I actually prefer Box.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say but there are other digital storage platforms that are better for the cost.

Larry from Solbrekk

Laserfiche ECM Review

I have been using Laserfiche ECM for over 15 years. It was a great product back then, but Laserfiche did not rest on their laurels. Year after year they continue to improve their product and support. I highly recommend Laserfiche ECM.

Martin from PLF

Industry: Law Practice

Pretty great program

No complaints so far.

Pros

Security seems strong. Well-organized and easy to use. Of course this is from a user standpoint - would be curious to see what the IT guys at the think. I assume its regarded highly, otherwise we wouldnt have it.

Cons

I dont think theres anything I dislike.

Laserfiche

Pros

State reporting and retention was difficult until I found Laserfiche.

Cons

Overall I didn't think the software had any noticeable flaws. An updated appearance couldn't hurt.

Rachel from City of Hewitt

Laserfiche review

Pros

This software is very effective and great at keep information private and secure

Cons

This software is difficult to understand and takes a while to adapt to

Kim from King County

Industry: Government Relations

Records storage for personnel files

Pros

Great way to electronically store and share personnel files.

Cons

Our company does not have the newest version so it if missing a lot of the features.

Maria from software house

Excellent software !

It was a excellent software and after using it became useful to me and my company. This software is very important for a company to manage their documents or records .

Pros

It helps in the managing of document and it provides solutions to the problems .

Cons

i don't think so .

Lenora from Software company

Document management !

My experience after using this software was very good because it contains useful aspects and better guide lines !