What are Laserfiche users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Laserfiche software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document."
  • icon"Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community."
  • icon"This software is very effective and great at keep information private and secure."
  • icon"I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program."
  • icon"Hard to learn to use and set up, we often need to pay programmer time; which gets expensive. Program won't fax out things on its own--we've had to implement an external procedure."
  • icon"Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end."

Browse all Laserfiche Reviews

• Have you used Laserfiche and would like to share your experience with others?

Shreshthi

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

February 2022

Laserfiche for Space Management

Nick

April 2022

A Jack-of-all-trades tool for document management,record management and business process automation

Enables ease of advanced documents search. It's reliable with records management.

Pros

It's simple to capture and organize documents with Laserfiche. This tool helps automate and eliminate manual workflows and repetitive tasks. It's simple to manage documents.

Cons

I haven't experienced any drawback with Laserfiche as it caters all my needs.

Nathalie

Laserfiche, Not the Best but Gets the Job Done

The only positive thing I've experienced with Laserfiche is that it's reliable for storing documents and I can automatically see recently saved items without having to constantly refresh, but that's about it. It can store a lot but so can a lot of other data storage softwares that I've used in previous years. There are definitely better and more user-friendly programs out there.

Pros

I like how much memory and capacity for storing information this program has. It is also very easy to add and rename documents in each client file

Cons

One of the things I dislike the most about this software is how it's never guaranteed that work will be saved if you don't use the check in/check out feature. I've already lost so much work that if I'm going modify a document with comments or update an excel spreadsheet, using the check in/check out feature has become second nature. Remembering to check a document back in is equally frustrating because it's not enough to hit save and close out of the document. Another thing I don't like is how sometimes I'll stay locked in a document even though I don't have it open.

Reasons for switching to Laserfiche

changed companies

Jesalkumar

June 2022

Laserfiche is one of the best workflow management tools that are out in the market!

Overall experience has been very good. We use laserfiche for many manufacturing and non manufacturing data capturing which helps keep record of all the tasks along with accountability,

Pros

The workflow management works seamlessly with the ease of setting permissions up and starting new forms.

Cons

I think the laserfiche front end could be improved to be slightly more user friendly.

Cari

Good.

Pros

Ease of use. Much easier to find / search files than going through physical files.

Cons

Hasn't eliminated paper copies (yet) for our organization.

Tito

Great Product to Streamline Documentation

Laserfiche has completely transformed our HR onboarding processes. By doing so, our onboarding time has been cut down by more than 70%. As long as the processes are built efficiently Laserfiche can help any organization increase productivity.

Pros

Laserfiche is constantly innovating. They provide frequent updates to their applications that are often incredibly helpful. The workflow product combined with forms processes and repository document management have made digital transformation for our district easy and efficient.

Cons

The only con I have is if support is needed directly from Laserfiche for issues, instead of going straight to your vendor, there are often large lag times between communication.

Christina

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

Stephanie

I love this product!

Pros

Laserfische is something we use daily! Would strongly recommend this product!

Cons

Once you learn how to use it there is nothing to not like!

Excellent Document Management Solution

It has been a wonderful experience with Laserfiche, over storing our information on network shared drives. It has helped us with finding information within documents easily and quickly.

Pros

This software provides a friendly interface to our users and helpful workflows while providing a centralized location with protections in place to keep data safe.

Cons

There is some work on the back end to set up this software, but in the end it is well worth the effort.

Great document management for an end user

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

Massimo

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

Donna

The best

Laserfiche has been a great software to work with. Their customer service is good, if you have a problem they are allows there to help you through it. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Laserfiche is the best software for document imaging. This software is very easy to use and to navigate. It is easy to set up you templates and folders. Plus it comes with a lot of other options, that we have not explored yet, to help with no only your document imaging but with records keeping, keeping track of records requests, work flows, etc. You've got to check this software out if you have not already!!!

Cons

There is not really anything that I do not like about this software. But if there was one thing it would be pricing of some of their other additional options. For small municipalities it makes it hard to have the JustFIO and their other software but you get what you pay for. This software is well worth it though.

Organize Your Business

Laserfiche has been important to our company and houses all of our employee information, allowing us to edit, share, and view documents in a timely manner.

Pros

We use Laserfiche to digitize applications and paperwork. I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document. I can also add notes to each page of documents and specify which security level indicated gets to view them.

Cons

When I move a PDF into a Laserfiche file, I cannot combine it with another electronic file. I would have to manually print it out and scan it into the desired file in order for them to be a part of the same document. I would allow users to add other electronic files that are independent of the original document.

LeeAnn

Organizes, saves money, process design,

Pros

The end to end process from collection to destroy / retain and that it has the ability to keep the entire process electronic. I like that they are focusing on a cloud solution that makes the application reachable to businesses of all sizes. The continued research and development along with the support make it a product that changes and supports with the times.

Cons

The cloud needs storage in Canada, ability to apply sequential numbers to documents that would act like a register. You can do this with code and sql tables but it would be great to be able to do it within the form without the requirement of a developer.

Jean

Industry: Civil Engineering

Get rid of all your file cabinets!

We are able to locate filed documents much quicker and more easily.

Pros

It is a good filing system, but what makes it even better is the ability to search. Previously, if something was misfiled (paper filing system) you would just have to wait until you found it (which my be never.)

Cons

If I am printing from a document (usually a pdf from someone else) into Laserfiche, occasionally the document does not come thru into Laserfiche correctly. Don't know this unless you go and check the document.

Anita

Review of Laserfiche

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Jacki

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

Shreshthi

Industry: Mental Health Care

Laserfiche for Space Management

It is great in terms of saving office space. Finding and accessing employee documentation is also very easy.

Pros

We had several paper based processes and the piles of paper was taking up a huge amount of our office space. Laserfiche has been able to store all our paper documents in digital format. It is easy to use; finding and updating information is very similar to the folders in MS Office.

Cons

Many cloud based systems have the ability to store digital documents. It would be nice if there was a way to link Laserfiche with other HR or payroll systems to store all information in one system.

larry

Multiple employee Access

It allows us to store archived data, and allows us multiple employees access to needed daily work logs.

Pros

The ability for my employees to access multiple files and share daily work activities. Also it allows you to archive important documents for future reference.

Cons

Had to apply filters so employees couldn't limit access to certain files. This isn't much of an issue, staff is up to speed now.

Brittney

Industry: Government Relations

Does what we need

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Megh

Industry: Utilities

Better workflow management

As a workflow appliction it does it job effectively. developer need to make sure proper logs are set up for each workflow for easy understanding to the consuming team

Pros

It made workflow management easy, can use VB or C# scripts to create and execute a workflow. workflows can be customized based on organization/ team requirements. setting up workflow is quite easy. Workflow logs are helpful to identify issues whenever they fail

Cons

Bit complex application, input parameters are a bit tricky. It might be because we use old scripting to run these workflows, the output is not displayed and tracking is not possible in many scenarios

Audree

Excellent digital file cabinet

I like the ease of uploading and now I just learned the "save to pdf" feature and I am impressed

Pros

Excellent digital file cabinet, easy to get documents into a neatly organized drive.

Cons

I am not exactly sure how the metadata features are supposed to work but I have trouble doing a search to locate documents where I thought based on the information I put in metadata fields, I would easily locate what I am searching for. I will continue to explore this feature.

Kevin

Laserfiche is a very solid product for document storage. Lots of capability.

Pros

Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community. The company updates and improves the software annually. Very strong user conference each year.

Cons

Some modules are costly and depending on the size of your organization, price my preclude some of the capability.

Erin

Laserfiche Review

Pros

I have been using Laserfiche in some form for over 12 years. I appreciate that it allows the user to organize information in a way that is meaningful to them. As a government user, I value the ability to store our historical and confidential data within Laserfiche, as well as our public record information, and we can select and direct our customer to documents accessible to them for viewing.

Cons

The search feature could be a little more robust, but part of that comes from the metadata entered by staff and what returns are pinged.

Kyle

Laserfiche review

Great way to distribute documents for signature authorization. Also great for document control and access. Like using it.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes hard to come up with a consistent process. Not a Laseriche issue, more of a company issue.

Reasons for switching to Laserfiche