Notion

Notion Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software."
  • icon"Love the endless customizations that you can do with this product. Create a template for literally anything and organize it however you like."
  • icon"It is easy to get started, the UI isn't complex, you can note anything without having to google how to embed things every 5 minutes. It has a great share feature and works pretty good on the web too."
  • icon"It can be pretty slow to start up, and navigation has a lot of lag on mid-tier devices. Building and changing layouts can be difficult, and the offline functionality is sometimes limited."
  • icon"The only thing that is difficult to navigate with Notion is that it's sometimes hard to start new templates because there are so many options to choose from."

All Notion Reviews

Greg

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

June 2022

Notion can eat Google Docs for breakfast

Ursula

November 2022

Notion for a graphic design director

I love notion, it has great templates, ease of use and flexible interface.

Pros

I love how flexible it is. I used it both for personal tasks and for both of my companies.

Cons

Somethings are hard to link between several tables.

Reasons for choosing Notion

I could give clients their own access to data and files and design each in a custom way.

Reasons for switching to Notion

I needed a more flexible platform where I could give clients their own access to data and files.

I wish I had Notion in college

If I had a Notion in college, it's safe to say, I would've gotten better grades. Since discovering this product, I have been 100x more productive because I can customize my workspace to my exact needs in a friendly, aesthetically pleasing platform. In order to make Notion work for you, you need a creative and problem-solving mind, and a few days to learn it. That's where I have the most fun creating the templates and workflows, and my team members make me feel like a productivity wizard.Working with databases is seamless, integrations work great, and my notes look and feel amazing. I use Notion for my tracking and planning my daily life, as well as my small business. After setting up the templates and workflows, my team members rave about how easy and centralized the projects are. They even started to learn how to create templates and workflows of their own since being introduced to it.Despite the lack of advanced styling, I love having a digital workspace that caters to our exact needs.

Pros

Notion is super easy to use, the interface is beautiful, and the possibilities are endless. I enjoy making templates that actually help me be more productive and get things done. There is also a native marketplace full of free and paid templates that I love getting inspiration from and experimenting with. Notion also has one of the most helpful and motivating communities where templates and productivity ideas are shared. I enjoy using this to organize my projects as a digital business.The pricing plans are reasonable, and they also offer credits when you complete certain tasks. It is best paired with Google Chrome Extensions. There are many extensions that make the Notion experience even better like customizing the theme colors, adding buttons, etc.

Cons

My nit-picky con isn't all that important when it comes to productivity, but visually notion lacks native advanced customization. The downside of using Chrome Extensions to customize the look and feel of my notion pages is that it doesn't apply across browsers and on the desktop and mobile app. There's too much space around the margins, which can be valuable real estate for the page content. I also wish the page properties didn't take up half the page with the right side of it empty. I also wish that text could be aligned right and centered.Another downside I have is having to use Notion in Google Chrome most of the time to take advantage of the style customization extensions.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Notion is user friendly and more customizable

Cheri

Industry: Law Practice

October 2022

Complete Lack of Customer Support with Bug Issues that Left Us with Software that Does Not Work!

After so much work inputting information and setting up and organizing our pages, I feel like all that time and effort was just a waste of time. Do not waste your time on Notion and find something that actually works and continues to work. Further, find a legit company with actual customer service and assistance.

Pros

At first, I was excited to use Notion and setting this up for our Law Office was actually fun to do. I looked forward to continuing use of this software and to add notes and information to our database as they were accumulated. It is user friendly and easy for users to learn and manipulate.

Cons

UNFORTUNATELY, after using the software for only a few short months, one day suddenly, we found that we no longer had the ability to create pages and organize them to input our notes and information. That is exactly what this software is supposed to do! I immediately reached out to customer service at Notion for help in resolution of our issue, which has to be done via email. I recorded a Loom video so that Notion could see exactly what our problem was and sent it to the Notion team. There is absolutely no one to speak with or to call for support. The number you do call goes straight to a voicemail that is full. I did receive several emails back from Notion pretty much stalling and finally stating there was "BUG" and that their engineering team would work on this. They asked for access to our system, which I gladly allowed. It seems from reading other reviews, that these "bugs" are common. Well, obviously Notion needs to call an exterminator! To make a long and frustrating story short, our "bug" issue was NEVER resolved by this apparently non-existent "engineering" department. After several follow up emails, Notion quit responding and has actually NEVER responded further as to our inquiries about their progress in resolving our issues. It is like they just disappeared off the face of the earth. So, for months now, we are continuing to pay for software that we cannot even use!

oscar

September 2022

Notion ha cambiado mi forma de trabajar

Notion ha desbancado al resto de aplicaciones que usaba. Antes usaba Evernote para notas, Airtable para bases de datos, un CRM para clientes etc Ahora solo uso Notion, incluso puedo hacer Webs con Notion. Es 100% recomendable

Pros

Notion, literalmente ha cambiado mi forma de trabajar. Me sirve para tomar notas rápidas o para llevar la gestión de mis clientes o proyectos. Literalmente vale para casi todos los procesos de mi empresa. Puedes usarlo tan sencillo como quieras o tan avanzado como quieras y esto me encanta. Lo primero que hago al encender mi ordenador es abrir Notion.

Cons

Me gustaría que funcionara sin conexión a internet. En alguna ocasión que me he quedado son cobertura no he podido consultar mi información.

Reasons for choosing Notion

Airtable también lo uso para ciertas cosas pero lo que me gusta de Notion es que tiene más casos de uso. Airtable es más ordenado pero no tienes libertad. En cambio con Notion puedes hacer lo que quieras y necesites

Reasons for switching to Notion

Evernote era lento cuando crecía en información

Ngha

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

Pros

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free. Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Cons

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Reasons for switching to Notion

Obsidian was very difficult to learn, One note was not just as intuitive as I wanted

Marianela

Industry: Chemicals

November 2022

'Notion', an excellent platform for executing agile and successful projects.

It is a very stable tool with a high degree of maturity and scalability, multi-platform and with support for successful execution, its screens are very well designed and all the necessary functions for collaborative work are well implemented.

Pros

One of the biggest attractions is its usability, since it has very well designed screens, so as not to lose focus on what is important and avoid getting lost in projects with a high number of tasks. Its filtering options are excellent for keeping us in the right direction and recognizing pending tasks in each of the projects in which we participate.

Cons

It is excellent for large work teams, so it is important to proactively plan how the projects will grow and organize the work areas correctly, in this way, we can achieve an environment with total visibility among the members of the work team.

Reasons for switching to Notion

'Notion' generates value in organizational processes and increases visibility among team members.

Darren

The Ultimate Task and Project Management Tool For Individuals & Freelancers

Notion has become a part of my everyday life. It's helped me with getting stuff done by prioritizing tasks that need to be done. Im no longer struggling with all the thoughts in my head about what I need to do and what needs to be done first. This is the ultimate project management and task tracking tool on the market and the best part is how flexible it is to get it how you want. Not a lot of other tools have the customization.

Pros

Customization and simplicity within Notion is next level. Having been on the search for something that combines an easy to use and filter Task list in combination with Project Management tools seemed to be harder then I thought. Once landed and comfortable with Notion I won't look back. The user interface is easy and the mobile app makes it easy to add tasks and notes so time management and task tracking is easy.

Cons

The learning curve at the start was a little challenging but there are some great tutorials on their website that helped understand how easy it is once you get the hang of it. The only other gripe was recurring tasks need some work around with third parties but a tutorial to accomplish this is on their website and was super easy to implement.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Found Notion more in depth and the UX more friendly. The ability to customize on a per project/client basis within Notion was the biggest reason. Now I can integrate reports, links, notes, tasks etc with a couple clicks.

Nuno

Industry: Animation

November 2022

The best app for documents and management.

Overall it's an almost perfect app/webiste. The unlimited space and folders let's you be as creative as you want, creating the possibility of having everything organized.

Pros

There's no app like Notion, the unlimited amount of storage and folders let us get really creative. It can be used with a ton of different apps and websites as they'll let you implement them into your own page, like google maps, docs, etc. It's also available in every system giving the possibility of being my main app in the daily basis.

Cons

There's not much customization inside the pages it self, there's no way to change font or size, which can be difficult to read for some due to it's small size. There's also some bug still to be fixed like the spell check and big loading times occasionally.

Reasons for switching to Notion

OneNote it's not so much for management but more for studying and taking notes, and I wasn't searching for that.

November 2022

The most useful app I've ever used!

Notion has replaced other apps like Evernote, Google Documents for team collaboration. We easily take notes, set up templates and create documents from them. It provided a very productive working environment.

Pros

Notion has literally changed the way I work. I take notes easily and quickly. As a team, we can prepare and manage our game design documents, game ideas documents and share them easily. The interface is pretty simple too, everything is as easy as a click!

Cons

I would love to work offline as well. Sometimes it can be very good to take notes and access other documents while on the subway or when there is no internet connection.

Reasons for choosing Notion

Ease of use, great tools for team collaboration

Juan

Nice combination of Evernote, Wiki, and Trello

Right now, I am enjoying the combination of Note Taking and Project Management type templates in one place. It's convenient to be able to manage content, tasks, and project in one place. With the number of tools I am subscribed too, it's much welcomed when I can replace 3 tools with 1.

Pros

I gave Notion a try because my Evernote membership renewal was coming up and found myself not using most of the features of the paid plan. I also use Trello and haven't enjoyed it much because I find it takes me too long to access what I want. Thus far, Notion has been an great alternative because it's faster to find what I need by organizing projects and notes like a Wiki. The free plan also gives me unlimited devices so I don't have to worry about not been able to access my stuff. I am still learning the shortcuts and how to better use it but I am enjoying the simplicity of it. I should state that Notion, Evernote, and Trello aren't necessarily direct comparisons. They are built for different purposes and I found Notion to be a nice compromise for a "All-in-One" type tool for me.

Cons

There's no clear tagging system to find notes quickly. I haven't found how to quickly assign tags to notes even though the site states they have the feature. It's not intuitive to see that the user selects the type of database they want to create but all types are placed in the same area. Meaning there's no clear visual distinction between a workflow board, note, list, calendar, gallery, or timeline database.

Reasons for switching to Notion

I wanted access to all my devices and a one place to have my notes and project management files. I think Notion is a viable option for this purpose.

Amazing Workspace with Endless Possibilities

Notion is very easy to set up and get running with no overhead. I began using Notion as a place to save information for future reference and I have continued to expand on that idea.

Pros

I absolutely love the concept of Notion. There are endless uses for their work spaces. I have used their software for business and for personal use and I am constantly thinking of new ways to use and systems I can set up.

Cons

I think the only thing about Notion that is a con is if someone doesn't understand what Notion is for, it can be hard to try to explain with them what it is for - since it can be for anything.

Reasons for choosing Notion

Had heard good things from others about Notion.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Better user interface, recommendation from a friend.

Best note taking app ever

It's quick, reliable fast, and still free for me. 10/10

Pros

I love how easy it is to simply dumb my ideas into Notion while keeping everything organized and easy to navigate to. It feels like a second brain.

Cons

Notion can sometimes load a bit longer than your native note taking app from your phone. However we are speaking of 1 to max 2 seconds longer. Which is absolutely no biggy, especially when everything is as organized as it should be.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Was just checking Notion out and loved it more.

Ziad

November 2022

"Notion makes the transition from unpolished notes to polished documents quick and efficient!"

Overall and crucially, Notion makes it simple for team members who identify as "non-technical" to participate from various departments. It hasn't caused a stir way other "unintuitive" gadgets with a steep learning curve have.The backup option is comforting; it's not something you consider before you sign up, but you'll need it later if your data is even tangentially important to you.Support has typically been quite beneficial to me and my numerous questions throughout the years. Sometimes they'll confuse things by requesting extra information on a simple, obvious issue, but I know they're only doing it to find out more. Right, it's better to err on the side of overcommunication:

Pros

I was introduced to Notion by a coworker, and ever since I edited that tiny seedling of a first page, I've used it frequently, grown, and even produced the literary equivalent of several novels in it. It has combined aspects I've used in other programmes and improved on them greatly.In the past, I used to become annoyed at how badly my formatting was messed up by Google Docs, Zendesk, and other services. I could essentially clear up the debris by copying and pasting it into Notion. Additionally, a page supports live editing, thus there is no separate "publish" phase! (If necessary, you can always perform a "staging/test" on a different page.) Additionally, it's very simple to target shares or make pages public.Project management for task tracking (through card columns), thorough user documentation (and the process of translating it from internal external consumption), and concept presentation are some of the business uses of Notion that I have. At home, my wife and I also used it to draught and revise our wedding vows, document items in need of repair, and other things. In other words, there were moments when I was interacting with another tool before going — "Why, Notion is capable of that already! Use Notion only!" Keeping track of my musical productions with Notion is one of my favourite uses. I serialize them with annotations so I can see what's almost finished, what has to be delivered, and what I might just be messing about with.

Cons

I wish we could add more bespoke styling. I'm not talking insane custom colours, but solid background colours and text with precise RGB values would make a huge impact with matching branding. Though having everything integrated seems really basic, I am aware that there are third-party applications that seek to cover these demands and things like custom domain names.Additionally, as of my most recent check, there was no way to view the original IFRAMES code, which seems incredibly cumbersome because it requires me to store that code elsewhere (perhaps in a separate Notion page) or risk it being obscured. Anyone using widgets with special embed parameters, such as those from Bandcamp and SoundCloud, should be aware of this.But overall, Notion has been fantastic!

Abby

Perfect Solution for Task Management, Project Planning and Goal Setting

As someone with ADHD, Notion is the perfect solution for setting up my own unique and personal workflow. Being able to customize my workspace and plan projects in a way that makes sense to me has made me so much more productive and organized. Although the learning curve is a bit steep, Notion provides many resources and articles that provide enough instruction to figure most things out.

Pros

Notion is an endlessly customizable platform that is somehow simple at the same time. I use Notion as a database, task manager, project planner, and overall life planner. I am able to set goals for myself and have those goals plastered on the homepage within Notion so I am constantly reminded of where I need to direct my focus and attention. Since using Notion I have successfully been able to track my goals and have accomplished many things that I never would have thought possible.

Cons

The software can be glitchy and updates from the web version don't always transfer automatically to the app and vice versa. The task management functionality leaves much to be desired and recurring tasks and reminders are not a built-in function of the platform.

All in one Editor

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Pros

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

Cons

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.