What are Squarespace users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Squarespace software through verified user reviews

2,208 Reviews

1,432

• icon"It was so easy to use and the themes were stunning, site animations were awesome, and there is a lot of integration and built features that make creating a business easy."
  • icon"Customer service is awesome, and they're more than willing to help you with complex requests, such as coded integrations."
  • icon"I love how beautiful the site looks. I love how well it integrates with SEO."
  • icon"There are some missing features here and there that can be difficult to find workarounds in their templated pages."
  • icon"When I made a mistake while building the website I found it hard just to undo that one mistake, often I’d have to start a large section again."
  • icon"Ongoing cost can be a burden as they have you hooked but that's about all the negative I experienced."

Browse all Squarespace Reviews

• Have you used Squarespace and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,208 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,208 reviews

Squarespace User Review

Denise

It allows me to create a website in a fast and editable way

Squarespace is to a great extent prescribed by me and my partners to any individual who needs to make a blog or a site for their diversion purposes. You can distribute merchandise, have music, and have different impacts of that nature on there.

Pros

I guess Squarespace is for the individuals who have no real way to set up a site previously. furthermore, it's a decent choice for the individuals who need to blog as well as have a site. Authentically Organized and simple to explore dashboard, various modules are accessible to give new abilities, Thousands of free and minimal expense topics are accessible, you can oblige any plan you envision.

Cons

Having the rigidity to utilize topics and modules and web designers with picture sliders and further elements, I needed to become acclimated to adding modules. When I got its hang, it was straightforward and use.

Jeremy

Easy to Use But Often Limited

I had to launch a website—with scheduling and services—in a day, and Squarespace did not disappoint. I was able to do this quickly and easily, with little reference to the user guide. When it came time to launch my own site, I carefully researched and compared Squarespace to other all-in-one solutions, and it came out on top. Most other solutions required more work to build, and it was easy to "break" their templates. It's a real challenge to make a Squarespace template look bad. That being said, there are times where you want to change the color of a header, for example, and you find this is simply not possible. You then have to go on a Google search and find the hidden CSS code for that style and paste it into the custom code window. And most of the time, it doesn't work. So I would like to see them make changes colours more intuitive and easier to do. Another thing to know: you will likely have to pay to get a feature you need, at some point. I needed to have a pop-up email subscription form, and I had to upgrade to "Business" for that. So make sure you scan the features before buying.

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is that you can launch a simple website in a few hours; grab a template, tweak to taste, and go. The competitors still tend to need direct coding to make them look good, but not with Squarespace. The templates are tasteful and generally easy to edit, plus there is a rich backend with tons of analytical tools and e-commerce features for when you're ready to sell. The website editor is truly WYSIWG (What You See Is What You Get) and adding sections is as easy as a click.

Cons

Squarespace's templates look nice, but there are surprisingly few of them. I've built several sites with Squarespace, but I always grab the same podcasting template because everything else it way too specific: restaurant! Vlogger! Fashion! But precious little for general-purpose sites, with a minuscule selection for a company that's been at this for over 10 years. The WYSIWG editor can be extremely annoying as well, constantly digging into to floating menus just to make simple edits, and it's unclear where things reside sometimes. It's hard to escape the feeling that there has to be a better way. But it is still easy to use.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Squarespace required the least custom-coding and its templates are the cleanest and hardest to break. I can deploy quickly and add features as I go along.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Designing and maintaining my own website demanded too much of my time, and Wordpress has become a bloated, unsafe platform. I needed a all-in-one solution, and Squarespace was the best bet for me.

A good attempt

I thought it was a platform that could be better than others, however it has not been a good experience. It falls very short with what it was and is, with what it pretends to offer and offers.

Pros

Squarespace, arguably earned its popularity with certain designs that were sleek and minimalistic. But it seems to have camped out in that comfort zone because it is no longer the same as it was a few years ago, things change. It's partly easy to use, as long as you're not looking for extraordinary things.

Cons

There is no clear integration with social networks, at the same time the templates they offer are outdated. It works more as a portfolio than as a website or blog. Even so, there are many tools that it offers and it is not useful.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

It is a direct competitor that offers more tools and more benefits, for the amount paid.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

It is not a complete tool. Competencies or alternatives work in a better way. Not as easy to use and not as functional.

Henry

Industry: Restaurants

Simple doesn't mean low quality

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs. I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Pros

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features. A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Cons

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple. And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Simplicity and speed of deployment. We needed a whole new brand launched quickly, and Squarespace required the least set-up time.

Jesse

December 2021

Squarespace helps make solid websites with great design

I’ve used Squarespace for a year and have been really happy with it. I tried Wix and Weebly, but Squarespace had the best templates for me, and a simple process that I could quickly do what I needed to do and get back to my business.

Pros

As a one-man band with little funds for expenses, I needed to build a website myself and I wanted a modern, well designed look. Squarespace helped me easily do this and looks so good. The building block system works well, the templates bring a modern, clean design, and the analytics provide a comprehensive view of my visitors. And the price is really reasonable.

Cons

There isn’t an auto save feature. Several times while editing a web page, I have worked for an hour or two and made a lot of precise changes—but then I accidentally hit escape and it exits the Editor view and I lose all of the my work. As a small business owner I can’t waste time like that.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

It had better templates and felt easier to use for me.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

WordPress was too complicated and Wix/Weebly didn’t have as great of templates for the look I wanted.

Naomi

Industry: Performing Arts

Made us Relevant/Brought us Business

Our old website was a mess. We couldn't update it ourselves, so it was always old news. It looked outdated and was hard for the customer to find us. Squarespace fixed all our problems. Easy to use and customize, we could build it and update it ourselves. Makes us look good, and new costumer inquiries have gone up wince we launched it.

Pros

Can I say everything! We switched over from our old website, and it allowed us to build our own website. It was so easy to use it cut out the middleman in us having to hire a webpage designer. It was easy to use. Easy to customize, while still making sure we looked good and like we know what we're doing. We've had way more new costumers making inquiries since we launched our new site through squarespace!

Cons

Nothing. It's everything I hoped and I have no complaints.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Wordpress was outdated, hard to use, and some features had stopped working.

CJ

Good for the inexperienced

Pros

If you don't know anything about using the backend of a website, Squarespace is a great WYSIWYG.

Cons

If you are experienced, even with just WYSIWYG systems, then Squarespace is going to be more limiting than it is enabling.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Squarespace was more attractive than Wix, and easier to use than WordPress.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Squarespace had more attractive templates.

Josh

Overall simple and effective web building tool

It is a good source for web building and design with a team that isn't as strong in that area and we need to release something quickly and efficiently without too much fuss.

Pros

This is a good product we started using as a secondary business that we are building in the background along with our regular business LLC, where we use another provider. Squarespace has a much cleaner, smoother layout and is generally streamlined more in its features. It doesn't cram too many features into its platform at once.

Cons

The one con that stands out to me the most is the fact that almost all of the templates and many of the drag and drop features become extremely redundant, look the same, and sort of look like "cookie cutter" repeats of themselves. Customization isn't as high as it should be and design features aren't quite there yet.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

We were a little tired of a lot of payment problems, lack of integrations, slow speed, and functionality of Wix and decided for the secondary DBA for our business we would try something that seemed a bit more streamlined and user-friendly.

Paulina

Great

Pros

Easy to use with all the blocks. Squarespace gives a lot of options and liberty.

Cons

You need to buy extensions to ad multi-langage and multi-currency

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Low or no fees for credit card use, lower price

Abby

Best Website Builder for Average People

I was hired by a few different people now to help with their Squarespace websites. I usually work in WordPress and build relatively custom websites. I found it easy to pick up where things were and how things worked. Their tutorials were outstanding! When I had issues, I hopped on the Chat and got help right away. I've worked in the old Squarespace and the new one. The new one really fixed a lot of the issues I had with the old one, but I hope they continue to listen to feedback and improve.

Pros

While the options are limited, they're limited in a good way. There are sufficient options for any person to choose whatever layouts they need for their content, but not so many options that it makes things overwhelming (Wix).

Cons

The switch from "old" to "new" Squarespace was not handled well by the company. While you weren't forced to move, they didn't make it very easy. I also don't like that there's not a Media Library.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

I've worked in the W's. Weebly is way too limited and very difficult to work with. Wix is great but has way too much "personal freedom" for the average person. Squarespace is a nice happy medium. The price is super reasonable. You can even do E-Commerce and it's pretty easy to set up too.

Gabriele

Tra le migliori piattaforme per la creazione di siti drag&drop

Pros

Velocità: è veloce, punto. I server sono rapidi e caricano le pagine in un lampo. Responsività: che sia desktop o che sia mobile i siti vengono sempre visualizzati correttamente grazie ai template già pronti e 100% responsive. Completezza dell'offerta: il piano base da 11€/mese è già di per sé eccellente per chi non ha dimestichezza con html/css o semplicemente non ha voglia di mettersi a installare WordPress o creare da zero un sito smanettando nel back-end. Il piano superiore da 17€/mese risulta assai conveniente perché include una mail con Google Workspace che di per sé costerebbe già di più se scorporato dal prezzo base di Squarespace e la possibilità di gestire un e-commerce. Semplicità d'uso: è tutto al 100% drag&drop e tutti i servizi annessi al sito sono semplici da configurare anche da chi ha quasi zero conoscenze informatiche.

Cons

Il lato oscuro di Squarespace (e di Wix e altri editor drag&drop tutto in uno): se crei un sito su Squarespace, rimane su Squarespace. Non puoi esportarlo, non puoi farne un backup offline. Puoi solo gestirlo e continuare a modificarlo dalla loro interfaccia proprietaria, quindi se un domani decidi di non voler più pagare un abbonamento fisso mensile ma vuoi spostare sito + servizi su un hosting dedicato con un prezzo una tantum annuale e pagare un professionista per fartelo gestire... devi rifarlo da zero. È punto cruciale di cui tener conto nel momento in cui si è ancora nella fase di selezione iniziale: hosting dedicato/condiviso o una piattaforma tutto in uno in abbonamento?

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Semplicità d'uso, prezzi meno cari rispetto alla concorrenza e velocità dei server.

Kacy

Clean, simple start-up but not the smoothest system.

I use Squarespace primarily for blogging and building a brand. It is not optimal for writing, editing and photos, but it makes for a great, clean website with many options with electronic forms, pull down menus and features. Overall, it's a great product, but still very clunky and unsteady.

Pros

It is easy for a non-expert like me to build a blog, navigate a website and make quick edits. Squarespace stands out above the rest in simplicity with drag and drop features. It does a good job with electronic forms to make a way for more to opt in and covers all the bases on what you need for a website. They offer great analytics!

Cons

The software is very clunky. I tend to use it on my MacBook, but have learned to write content somewhere safer than putting it straight into website. It has crashed so many times, and adding pictures often takes a very long time. The iOS apps seem to work better but that's not optimal for my work. I've also struggled some with text editing and formatting. The process isn't smooth.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Squarespace was the easiest to get started right away.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I wanted something cleaner that functioned as more than a blog. I wanted analytics and somewhere I could build up as I grow.

Stephen

Value and Simplicity, Meet Beauty!

I have now built over 10 full websites using Squarespace and each one continues to grow my knowledge and stretch my ability. As I aforementioned, you don’t need to be a pro, but if you are, designing an incredible, impactful and don’t miss this, mobile friendly website is simple and easy.

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is the ability to create gorgeous websites with little to zero experience. You don’t need to be an HTML wizard, but if you happen to be, you can still take full advantage of everything Squarespace has to offer.

Cons

Honestly, it’s hard to say one. For the mid level prosumer, I haven’t found a single better option.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

A lot of research and recommendations from friends within the field.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

The UI and usability were horrendous!

Eddie

Best in class product by far for several years now

I teach classes on digital marketing and entrepreneurship and ask my students to build a website without coding within a week that looks professional and generate sales from their website. SquareSpace has always helped them build a best in class product. The website we have built quickly to get our companies started have resonated well with investors and everyone always compliments the look and feel of our sites.

Pros

I have used SquareSpace for over 5 years now, using the platform to build a minimum viable product before scaling to custom built websites, to putting up new websites that look extremely professional very quickly. Everyone who looks at the websites are impressed with how they look, not knowing it only took a few minutes to build. They continue to add functionality over the years. They have a great dedication to customer service as well that responds quickly.

Cons

Moving some objects around was not always as intuitive as I thought they could be. If there are a tremendous amounts of data on a screen it may be slower to edit than it always was. Very minor bugs discovered on rare occasions. Just nitpicking, wonderful product.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

More unique default templates, better looking templates, more robust features. Build it Beautiful was there slogan and has always lived true to that.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Wix did not adapt to mobile well and just always seems behind the curve, they had several bugs as well and did not render well on mobile. Everybody knows every WordPress template so they can recognize it's not a customize website. WordPress is also easy for anyone to hack, even for those who do not know how to code at all.

Erin

Industry: Broadcast Media

A Novice Can Do It

I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

Pros

For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Cons

I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

I liked the perceived ease of use and portfolio of websites I saw that were built on a Squarespace platform. Also Shopify didn't really make sense since my site is more than just a store, I'm pretty copy heavy which Squarespace lends to better.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I was tired of updating all of the plugins. It was a nuisance.

Cody

Industry: Publishing

Delivers Quality and Most of the Functions You'll Ever Need

Squarespace works great for me, and the clients I've built sites for on it. It does everything that I have needed it to, and have been able to implement HTML/CSS elements when I absolutely needed to (pretty much on a novice when it comes to code). Whenever I show someone a site I've built, they are usually impressed, even though I'm mostly building on top of the work by the template designers.

Pros

Squarespace has great templates and an easy to use, drag and drop builder. You don't need any technical or true design skills to create a solid website. The high quality templates, with predetermined styling, ensure that even a simple website looks clean and elegant. It's also easy to implement your SEO titles and tags, connect email marketing services, add Google Adsense and other plugins. The price seems pretty good for all that, though maybe slightly more expensive than other CMS options.

Cons

The main drawback I've had is that Squarespace isn't as customizable as other CMS options, like Wix or Weebly. Sometimes I just want to move a simple element over slightly, yet this often isn't possible within the block format used by Squarespace. The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

I've used both Wix and Weebly. You can make a more unique site with either, but I didn't want to figure out all the styling (fonts, colors, spacing, etc.) by myself, and I had encountered bugs with each of these CMS platforms. It also wasn't as clear how to integrate other apps and services, such as MailChimp.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Like many people, I heard Wordpress was easy to use, and discovered it isn't. Mainly I wanted the drag and drop builder, and the quality of templates sold me on Squarespace.

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells). Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

Pros

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup. I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

Cons

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and servers. All it takes is one new CEO who is ‘Woke’ or a Twitter tweet with no accountability or responsibility, to blow up and a company’s online presence can be severely compromised. Like I said what we do is not even controversial, but We have seen from other marketing firms, weird issues like that concerning square space and competitors. So as time goes on and we become more profitable, the goal is to eventually break away from Square space over lack of control over our own website and servers.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

It was a Compromise, but overall Square space was the only one that looked professional enough for our company. We needed multiple websites for different needs, Square space seemed organized and easy to switch across platforms. The app on Square space, was one of the only apps that actually worked without too many limitations. Overall I like Square space, it’s a really good steppingstone. Long-term though, the CEO wants us to develop a website independently, so we have ownership, to protect our company’s web presence.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

We didn’t like the ugly designs on Weebly, Wix was slow and difficult to edit, and Wordpress was a nightmare to keep current and updated. The plug-ins would fail and ruin everything on the site, was a mess.

Philip

Industry: Photography

Great Website Builder and Templates for Businesses and Artists

Overall, the Squarespace website builder has served my business well. I’m able to have professional-looking websites that deliver the message I want to get across, all in great-looking design. Coupled with the integrated online scheduler where my clients can book their appointments and the integrated marketing tools, it serves my business needs daily.

Pros

I have 3 Squarespace websites for my photography and multimedia businesses and 1 Squarespace website for my personal work/artist portfolio. I’ve been a Squarespace user for a long time, and since then things have only improved with the choice of templates and the design possibilities. A significant advantage is that you don’t need to be tied to a template design and customize the design and add custom CSS if you want more complex customization. There are many third-party plugins available for Squarespace if you don’t have the knowledge to do it yourself, and that can make the already great starter templates even better. For businesses, Squarespace has built-in SEO and other marketing tools like newsletters, a built-in scheduling calendar for clients to book appointments if you’re a service-oriented business, and of course, there’s also the possibility for e-commerce with great web store designs and templates.

Cons

Squarespace is still heavily focused on English-speaking and North-American customers/businesses when it comes to selling products. For example, for companies that are not based in the US, there’s still no built-in possibility to accept local payment gateways if you want to sell products or services. Many customers in EU regions prefer to pay online using their local bank payment gateways rather than credit cards. Compared to some other website builders. The ability to sell products or services using your local payment gateway is still missing in Squarespace as something that's built and that you can activate with the click of a button.

Elizabeth

Easy to Customize

Using Squarespace to relaunch our website was a time consuming process, but the system made it as easy as it could be. Someone with little web design experience can make a beautiful website and concern themselves more with the content than the design. There was a bit of a learning curve, but after trial and error we were able to navigate the system and learn as we designed new pages.

Pros

The drag and drop features of the page designs were easy to navigate and customize. When deciding what pages to include in our rebranded website, functionality was our number one concern; we wanted to be sure our current and future customers could navigate our site easily and find what they were looking for. It is great to be able to adjust and customize pieces any time instead of having to wait for a developer to create a page for us.

Cons

The forms can be finicky and sometimes don't work for users. Because there isn't a customer service rep with onboarding it can be difficult to navigate troubleshooting. Without much coding knowledge it can be difficult to customize the size of the header for the entire website, and I wish you could chose your own fonts.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

The cost and the ease of use were very important in our decision making process.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Our old website was hard to customize, hard to edit, and even harder to navigate as an end-user. We had over 10 unnecessary pages and duplicative navigation points. Our goal with a new website was to be able to more easily edit the site, keep people informed, and to freshen the look. We were able to accomplish all of these goals with the new system in Squarespace. We were also able to bring over our School Store for spirit wear and other parent led fundraisers, rather than our parent association having a completely separate site.

Allowing my nonprofit's website to stay adaptive and relevant amidst an ever-changing web.

Squarespace won me over after years of thinking I could do a better job "designing it" on my own with free templates for WordPress. Time and time again I would spend days or weeks on the site, be happy with it, and then months later it would all be out of date, look old, and not function in the ways that information transfer had shifted by internet users. I decided that a professional, clean and easy to use Squarespace site, with robust back-end capabilities is what I needed, and I have not been disappointed.

Pros

Squarespace really has their act together in offering a clean, easy to use , beautiful web building platform. I run a media and video production nonprofit, and the needs and functionality of my site have evolved almost yearly since 2013. The way that people engage with content on the internet is always changing, and I got caught up in the flow of trying to always evolve the website to keep up. I used GoDaddy and WordPress for too many years, and eventually migrated them all to Squarespace because it was all just so much more streamlined, modern, clean and simple. I now have the basic website I need, and know that there are many many ways to customize it if needed without messing up the whole site (as happened many times on WordPress) I changed my entire .com and .org from a WordPress template on GoDaddy, and could not be happier with the customer service I received from Squarespace, they were so helpful in getting everything aligned for the transition.

Cons

I wish there were maybe 15-20 more templates, and that a few of them were specifically meant for video galleries, as that is what my organization focuses on in our storytelling, videos. I would love a template tailor made for aggregating videos. For now I can use a photo gallery or blog and adapt it, which works fine, but my wish list would be a video focused and designed template.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

It met all of my needs, was around the same price, and I love that hosting, domain and templates can all just be wrapped into one account. Squarespace just had the better lookcng websites templates as well, and customer service did not disappoint!

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Squarespace had a comparable price, much more attractive templates, and a reputation for customer service that met expectations! I also just trusted and knew from looking at other sites, that Squarespace keeps up with what a modern website "should" have and look like to engage users. I'm not a designer or UI person, and trust Squarespace. It's worth paying them to do the design so I can just plug in content!

Amy

Easy drag-and-drop alternative to other web platforms

I'm a copywriter, designer and brand/marketing consultant. I've built multiple small sites myself, and on a handful of others have directed freelance designers and developers on site build-out. First Squarespace site I did was in 2016. We build websites for clients on Wordpress, Shopify and Bigcommerce as well. And tend to direct clients to Squarespace if their content will be visually-driven, perhaps a little lighter on the e-commerce side, and when they'll benefit from the ability to create new pages -- especially marketing landing pages under their own domain -- without the need to call in extra developer/programmer assistance.

Pros

Squarespace's drag-and-drop platform makes it really easy to create a great-looking, full-functioning website... that can be organically changed, added to and otherwise modified over time. If we have clients who need to create marketing landing pages under their own URL, Squarespace is the one website platform that offers this natively and elegantly. We find ourselves needing to call in programmer/developers far less often when creating or modifying a web site on Squarespace. The ability to add forms, email captures, slide shows, etc., is all native to the platform, without needing to add a bunch of plugins. Your editing window is the actual page, so you can see what your dragging, writing, and otherwise placing on the page in a completely visual editor view. If you are someone who doesn't do coding... and likes the ability to drag sections and elements, set your own colors, padding, etc., Squarespace is really quite flexible and easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't do a perfect job of scaling photography from desktop to mobile views. It certainly does it, but sometimes requires a little creativity to set the image focal point and/or scale the original image so that it looks good in desktop and doesn't look too big in mobile. This is less of an issue with large banner-width images than with smaller inset images. Takes a little getting used to. The only other issue we've run into is that the interface is so easy to use that we've had a client go in and make color and photo changes we'd have preferred he didn't. Easy enough to correct. But, generally, our clients are too intimidated by other platforms to get in and change things, so just something to think about and create a plan/process around on a Squarespace site.

Osman

Absolutely fine!

I've used this software before and it really helped me with my website in the past. It has some good features and not difficult to use. You pretty much get what you pay for. Also, know that if you are aiming for really professional websites I wouldn't suggest you use Squarespace. But if you just want to set up a decent site in a short amount of time, I would definitely suggest you this software.

Pros

First of all, it is extremely easy to set up websites in no time. It has some cool and modern-looking templates that you might want to consider. It is user-friendly and not much knowledge of coding is required which makes it a good choice for many companies and people. Even though I didn't struggle much with anything whilst using this software, support was always there to help.

Cons

The way that the client can't change a lot, implies that expert clients are restricted and don't have much freedom. Other than the lack of freedom when choosing templates and editing fonts or just the way the website looks, I don't see any other downsides to this software.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I needed to design an amazing-looking website in a limited time, so I had to choose software that makes this easy for me. And Squarespace was much easier to use than Wix so I switched to it.

When minimalism was a luxury

I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Pros

Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Cons

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.

Anne

Easy and Elegant

I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pros

I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Cons

There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

SquareSpace has amazing customer support and everything I need to run my business.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

After being told that Vista print had all of the marketing materials across the platform for me to do business, I learned that they don’t support certain fonts across the entire platform. The customer support was rude and terrible. One more reason why I love SquareSpace

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,208 reviews