WORLDOX GX

WORLDOX GX Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love that I can save e-mails directly from outlook into Worldox. I also like that I can create multiple matters in file."
  • icon"My favorite aspect / feature of Worldox is the built-in features you can add to other programs, such as Microsoft Word."
  • icon"I love the easy file storage system and document identification feature. I like how the favorite file features is set up and the easy it is to copy and move files."
  • icon"Sometimes, it can be very difficult to figure out how to do something."
  • icon"I don't like how hard it is to organize files, and it is annoying that it autorides saving of every file."
  • icon"The software is unstable. We have been experiencing frequent crashes, inability to save documents, and the inability to attach to an email."

Browse all WORLDOX GX Reviews

• Have you used WORLDOX GX and would like to share your experience with others?

Evan

Worldox Is a great DMS

Worldox is a robust DMS system that allows easy tracking and moving of documents

Pros

It easily imports new clients/matters from the directory structure, while allowing easy search and location of files

Cons

The indexer isn't always perfect and sometimes will crash without warning causing search issues, however simply restarting it makes it work.

Cutting Edge Software for the Modern Attorney

My overall experience has been a resoundingly positive one, and I would recommend Worldox over ATO or any other document storage software to law firms seeking a better platform worth the investment.

Pros

My favorite aspect / feature of Worldox is the built-in features you can add to other programs, such as Microsoft Word. For example, Worldox offers a drafting tool that helps young attorneys cut down on verbosity, which is incredibly helpful to utilize as part of their preliminary drafting process.

Cons

While, if asked, I wouldn't qualify this as a "drawback" or "negative" about Worldox, but as with any document storage software, its searching functionality could be improved.

Reasons for switching to WORLDOX GX

Better functionality

Kathy

Overall a useful document management system

I used Worldox as a document management system and overall, had a good experience with it. It does require that you are meticulous in the way you name your documents so it's easier to find them using the search function, but so long as you do that, you should have no problems.

Pros

The search function proved very useful when using Worldox. The ability to narrow a search down to a certain parent folder or subfolder and/or use a search term in the title or name field was helpful. I used the search function almost daily.

Cons

The major con we encountered was the inability to customize subfolders for only certain clients. If a subfolder was added for one client, it's added for all clients across the system. Coming from a system when you can add multiple subfolders and customize folders as you'd like for each client, it was difficult to adjust to a uniform system for all clients. There are pros and cons to this. Pros being that all subfolders are the same and uniform but the cons being that sometimes there is a need to create custom folders as there may be different issues in one case that aren't relevant in another. It required that we keep all subfolders fairly general so they're applicable to all clients and for this reason, we used the search function often to help us locate documents.

Mandy

Organization at it's finest

We love Worldox and are always recommending it to other firms. It's easy to use and forces us to save files correctly!

Pros

This program has forced our business to become more organized and centralized. We can now all find the documents we need. There are many different ways to search for a document so if you can't find what you are looking for because it was mis-filed you can still find it another way and re-file it.

Cons

When calling customer service you need to leave a message for them to call back instead of speaking with someone right away. This doesn't always work well if you have an issue that needs to be taken care of right away.

Best and only document management system our firm has ever had. Normally very reliable.

Pros

The software allows for text in file searches that are incredible at finding hard to find documents for end users. It also gives them easy preview options so that they can sift through big volumes of search results quickly.

Cons

The software's updates are almost always a disaster to perform and until their last update to the indexer it had been a constant issue for us where it would crash and need to be re-started. I also think they continue to make their software more and more user-friendly over the years, however it remains far from intuitive for most users.

Worldox is powerful but complex.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the power it has to manage large volumes of data within our network. It has also done a great job of continuing to provide timely updates that enhance the user experience.

Cons

What I like least about this software is its complexity. I have had users new to Worldox really take some time to get used to the processes Worldox requires. The categorization of documents also leaves a bit to be desired as far as sub-categorization is concerned.

Worldox for Law Firms

Overall, it has made working with multiple cases and clients, easy to say organized, separate the work and share files among various employees. I would highly recommend this to all law firms.

Pros

Working at a law firm, Worldox makes it easy for the entire firm to access and share files throughout the firm. It keeps each case separate and allows for the differentiation of matters to also be distinguished among client files. Another feature I love is the Project option within a client matter. This feature allows you to save various files concerning one topic within a single folder.

Cons

An issue I have with Worldox, is that in order to keep files saved within a Project, you must also save it outside of that project. It would be nice and save space if you could only have to save it within the project.

Salvatore

Centralized docs and approach

Pros

I used 2 editions of Worldox and both were very seamless ways to keep all my files in a singular place. We managed to avoid saving any files locally, and exclusively used the cloud to manage, in some cases, significant file sizes.

Cons

Somewhat clumsy if you're not tagging files correctly. Can feel like a needle in a haystack if not perfectly labelled.

Worldox - Managing your Documents

Overall very good product. Makes document management much easier!

Pros

It is for the most part easy to use. Documents can be easily stored and found again. Great for our legal office.

Cons

Sometimes searches don't always find what you may expect them to find. Slow processing speed.

samantha

November 2022

It works just okay

Pros

the software is easy to use and you can learn how to do so quickly

Cons

you cannot make folders or organize in any helpful way in each section. it becomes unwieldy.

Christina

Industry: Law Practice

Search capabilities are amazing.

Organization of documents.

Pros

Logical storage and search capabilities are great. I can always find what I am looking for in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The indexer gets stuck on a regular basis and we have to have IT reset it. It would also be nice if the submatters were listed in the matter tree along with the base matters.

Innovative, easy-to-use program for every type of level

This software helps to place every type of document into one system that is easy to use and search for documents. It helps because it puts all of our documents into one shared system that everyone has access to and can make changes.

Pros

This software is extremely helpful while working in the legal field. All of our cases, files, documents are all within the Worldox system by our numbering system, which makes it extremely easy to search for the exact document that you would need. Although there are a lot of features, it is easy to maneuver around the software in terms of searching for specifics. I like Worldox because I can specify what TYPE of document I am saving, i.e. preservation, pleading, etc. Worldox recently upgraded and the software is modernized in a way that makes it easy for a beginner to use. Also, if you forget your client number, the software will automatically pick up from their database if you type in the client's names.

Cons

Although this software definitely has more pros than cons, I do believe that there is a lot of the software I am missing out on, even though I have been properly trained even after a few years of using it. There are so many features that I do not know of, and would love to know for future reference.

Alex

Industry: Law Practice

Our firm's WorldDox shows its power for longevity

Our firm has no data loss and has preserved work product and key documents from years of cases, very handy to have that history and data volume at my fingertips.

Pros

Our firm has over 15 years of data stored into WorldDox, we've been using the software for many years. Our firm's database is huge and documents are readily accessible sorted via client/matter number and/or searches. The term searches are more basic than the boolean or terms/connectors searches that other programs are capable of these days, but generally speaking I have been able to locate suitable templates/examples using the search.

Cons

The interface is not intuitive or visually appealing. I had a one-on-one training session with our rep when I first onboarded to learn the basics, but I have been meaning to learn more advanced features.

Kandice

Worldox is a great document management software

We've been using Worldox for years and it keeps getting better with each upgrade. It allows us to manage our files better as well as make the data accessible when the user is out of the office. The built in auditing function works great and you can customize the look and layout overall. I don't know what we'd do without Worldox!

Pros

The ease of use, the integration into other software we use. Great customer support.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software. It meets our needs and then some!

Worldox is the best

I think its pretty awesome. Very easy to use and great for a law firm and what we need to accomplish.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how much time it saves. It's a great software for people who have to use templates or form letters. It easily lets you copy a file and edit it under the new file. Its also great for recording emails and adding documents and attachments into emails.

Cons

Sometimes I dont like how it ALWAYS goes to worldocs when you need to upload a file into an email. Sometimes my files are on my desktop and not in worldocs, so in that case it takes me a couple extra steps but it's not really a problem, just a little bit extra time.

Worldox, a Pure Document Management System

I have used and supported businesses (mostly law firms) in their use of Worldox for many years. Initially I was a bit overwhelmed, having not ever seen or used a DMS (Document Management System), nor been trained. I learned the product and soon offered end user training. I found the Worldox support team to be very knowledgeable and effective, but - as they have grown considerably over the years - and added to their team, I have found some of the 'junior' techs to be a bit 'green' when it comes to their knowledge or familiarity. To get the most out of this software, I strongly encourage that business owners provide end user training to their teams. I am often surprised that many of the time-saving features and shortcuts are not known or used. I do recommend Worldox.

Pros

Worldox is tremendously easy to use for its intended purpose. It is intuitive and flexible. Searching the indexed documents is easy and reliable. Training is recommended so that the user can best leverage this powerful tool to support a business or law practice.

Cons

Some of the advanced security settings can become confusing. Active Directory integration is very useful, I have found the Ethical Walls setup to be a bit confusing and does require a firm understanding. File security is, after all, extremely important in a client server/domain environment.

Alice

I love the easy file storage system and document identification feature

Pros

Cons

The appearance of the software could be more appealing or integrate more customization features for the user. With the updates our text in file search feature changed and it was more useful to us as it was on the prior version. It would be good to have a more user friendly side menu.

Norah

Love it

Pros

The integration between it and outlook is not mandatory, so you can operate in/from it in a separate window, unlike certain other platforms like FileSite. I like that you can open several searches at once, choose between several viewing options, and the automatic OCR that it runs.

Cons

I wish the window structure would automatically resize/preserve its structure when you resize the window.