• Pros

• "I like the ability to seamlessly drop and drag emails into digital files. I also like that I can select several items and move and/or copy them at one time. "

• "I love that I can save e-mails directly from outlook into Worldox. I also like that I can create multiple matters in file. "

• "The ease of use, the integration into other software we use. Great customer support. "

• Cons

• "There isn't much I don't like about this software. It meets our needs and then some!"

• "It would be nice to be able to find more technical information on the website knowledge base, especially some trouble-shooting tips or FAQs."

• "I wish the window structure would automatically resize/preserve its structure when you resize the window. "

Browse Worldox Reviews

Mandy from Financially in Tune

Organization at it's finest

We love Worldox and are always recommending it to other firms. It's easy to use and forces us to save files correctly!

Pros

This program has forced our business to become more organized and centralized. We can now all find the documents we need. There are many different ways to search for a document so if you can't find what you are looking for because it was mis-filed you can still find it another way and re-file it.

Cons

When calling customer service you need to leave a message for them to call back instead of speaking with someone right away. This doesn't always work well if you have an issue that needs to be taken care of right away.

Innovative, easy-to-use program for every type of level

This software helps to place every type of document into one system that is easy to use and search for documents. It helps because it puts all of our documents into one shared system that everyone has access to and can make changes.

Pros

This software is extremely helpful while working in the legal field. All of our cases, files, documents are all within the Worldox system by our numbering system, which makes it extremely easy to search for the exact document that you would need. Although there are a lot of features, it is easy to maneuver around the software in terms of searching for specifics. I like Worldox because I can specify what TYPE of document I am saving, i.e. preservation, pleading, etc. Worldox recently upgraded and the software is modernized in a way that makes it easy for a beginner to use. Also, if you forget your client number, the software will automatically pick up from their database if you type in the client's names.

Cons

Although this software definitely has more pros than cons, I do believe that there is a lot of the software I am missing out on, even though I have been properly trained even after a few years of using it. There are so many features that I do not know of, and would love to know for future reference.

Kathy from Lexbe

Overall a useful document management system

I used Worldox as a document management system and overall, had a good experience with it. It does require that you are meticulous in the way you name your documents so it's easier to find them using the search function, but so long as you do that, you should have no problems.

Pros

The search function proved very useful when using Worldox. The ability to narrow a search down to a certain parent folder or subfolder and/or use a search term in the title or name field was helpful. I used the search function almost daily.

Cons

The major con we encountered was the inability to customize subfolders for only certain clients. If a subfolder was added for one client, it's added for all clients across the system. Coming from a system when you can add multiple subfolders and customize folders as you'd like for each client, it was difficult to adjust to a uniform system for all clients. There are pros and cons to this. Pros being that all subfolders are the same and uniform but the cons being that sometimes there is a need to create custom folders as there may be different issues in one case that aren't relevant in another. It required that we keep all subfolders fairly general so they're applicable to all clients and for this reason, we used the search function often to help us locate documents.

Daniel from Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym Ltd.

Best and only document management system our firm has ever had. Normally very reliable.

Pros

The software allows for text in file searches that are incredible at finding hard to find documents for end users. It also gives them easy preview options so that they can sift through big volumes of search results quickly.

Cons

The software's updates are almost always a disaster to perform and until their last update to the indexer it had been a constant issue for us where it would crash and need to be re-started. I also think they continue to make their software more and more user-friendly over the years, however it remains far from intuitive for most users.

Worldox is powerful but complex.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the power it has to manage large volumes of data within our network. It has also done a great job of continuing to provide timely updates that enhance the user experience.

Cons

What I like least about this software is its complexity. I have had users new to Worldox really take some time to get used to the processes Worldox requires. The categorization of documents also leaves a bit to be desired as far as sub-categorization is concerned.

Worldox for Law Firms

Overall, it has made working with multiple cases and clients, easy to say organized, separate the work and share files among various employees. I would highly recommend this to all law firms.

Pros

Working at a law firm, Worldox makes it easy for the entire firm to access and share files throughout the firm. It keeps each case separate and allows for the differentiation of matters to also be distinguished among client files. Another feature I love is the Project option within a client matter. This feature allows you to save various files concerning one topic within a single folder.

Cons

An issue I have with Worldox, is that in order to keep files saved within a Project, you must also save it outside of that project. It would be nice and save space if you could only have to save it within the project.

Salvatore from TD Securities

Centralized docs and approach

Pros

I used 2 editions of Worldox and both were very seamless ways to keep all my files in a singular place. We managed to avoid saving any files locally, and exclusively used the cloud to manage, in some cases, significant file sizes.

Cons

Somewhat clumsy if you're not tagging files correctly. Can feel like a needle in a haystack if not perfectly labelled.

Sarah from McNees Wallace & Nurick

A little cumbersome and difficult to learn

I find Worldox to be quite challenging to learn. The interface is not what I would consider intuitive. They have rolled out some updates that improved things, for sure, but overall, it requires a significant effort and time commitment to learn how to use this software effectively. I've been using it for over a year now on a daily basis and still do not know all of the functionalities. There seem to be several different ways to access the same thing, which can be confusing. As a general matter, the quality seems to be good. I rarely have trouble retrieving a document once I know how to get to it and I have never had a document lost. I occasionally get locked out of the program because it tends to freeze but I imagine that is normal for something managing so many documents at once. I do really like the following features: "Versions" - you can create various versions of the same document which is much better than just saving entirely new documents and cluttering up the file. "Comments" - I really like that you can add comments below the file name that only internal users can see. The "lock out" feature - if a document is open by another user, all other users are locked out. This can be annoying if someone forgets that they have a document open, but overall it is useful to know when someone else is working on the document to avoid overlapping edits. If the interface could be made a little more intuitive or easy to use, I would be more likely to highly recommend this product.

Worldox - Managing your Documents

Overall very good product. Makes document management much easier!

Pros

It is for the most part easy to use. Documents can be easily stored and found again. Great for our legal office.

Cons

Sometimes searches don't always find what you may expect them to find. Slow processing speed.

Christina from Churchwell White LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Search capabilities are amazing.

Organization of documents.

Pros

Logical storage and search capabilities are great. I can always find what I am looking for in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The indexer gets stuck on a regular basis and we have to have IT reset it. It would also be nice if the submatters were listed in the matter tree along with the base matters.

Kandice from Bradley & Riley PC

Worldox is a great document management software

We've been using Worldox for years and it keeps getting better with each upgrade. It allows us to manage our files better as well as make the data accessible when the user is out of the office. The built in auditing function works great and you can customize the look and layout overall. I don't know what we'd do without Worldox!

Worldox is the best

I think its pretty awesome. Very easy to use and great for a law firm and what we need to accomplish.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how much time it saves. It's a great software for people who have to use templates or form letters. It easily lets you copy a file and edit it under the new file. Its also great for recording emails and adding documents and attachments into emails.

Cons

Sometimes I dont like how it ALWAYS goes to worldocs when you need to upload a file into an email. Sometimes my files are on my desktop and not in worldocs, so in that case it takes me a couple extra steps but it's not really a problem, just a little bit extra time.

Worldox, a Pure Document Management System

I have used and supported businesses (mostly law firms) in their use of Worldox for many years. Initially I was a bit overwhelmed, having not ever seen or used a DMS (Document Management System), nor been trained. I learned the product and soon offered end user training. I found the Worldox support team to be very knowledgeable and effective, but - as they have grown considerably over the years - and added to their team, I have found some of the 'junior' techs to be a bit 'green' when it comes to their knowledge or familiarity. To get the most out of this software, I strongly encourage that business owners provide end user training to their teams. I am often surprised that many of the time-saving features and shortcuts are not known or used. I do recommend Worldox.

Pros

Worldox is tremendously easy to use for its intended purpose. It is intuitive and flexible. Searching the indexed documents is easy and reliable. Training is recommended so that the user can best leverage this powerful tool to support a business or law practice.

Cons

Some of the advanced security settings can become confusing. Active Directory integration is very useful, I have found the Ethical Walls setup to be a bit confusing and does require a firm understanding. File security is, after all, extremely important in a client server/domain environment.

Alice from SSL

I love the easy file storage system and document identification feature

Pros

I love the easy file storage system and document identification feature. I like how the favorite file features is set up and the easy it is to copy and move files.

Cons

The appearance of the software could be more appealing or integrate more customization features for the user. With the updates our text in file search feature changed and it was more useful to us as it was on the prior version. It would be good to have a more user friendly side menu.

Norah from Davis & Ceriani, PC

Love it

Pros

The integration between it and outlook is not mandatory, so you can operate in/from it in a separate window, unlike certain other platforms like FileSite. I like that you can open several searches at once, choose between several viewing options, and the automatic OCR that it runs.

Great Document Management System

Document management in a legal setting is very important. Attorneys expect documents at their fingertips and in this day of "paperless" offices, this is a very important program and works great.

Pros

Ease of use, options for locating files, search capabilities, latest version has fewer problems than previous versions.

Cons

Not many issues we found. Seemed to integrate well with few problems and employees caught on quickly.

Jimmy from Hertz Lichtenstein & Young, LLP

We are an entertainment law firm and we use the software to file and store client files.

The ability to file and organize files digitally and the ability to find things using key word searches.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that you can't organize items within a file manually by dragging them up or down the list view in a file.

Love this software

Pros

I absolutely love Worldox. It is like having a google search for your documents. I love that you can add multiple filters to every document. It makes searching so easy! Whether you are doing a general search for a type of document or a narrow search for an exact document Worldox makes it very simple.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Worldox. They even go as far to keep deleted documents for a certain amount of time that way if someone in the network accidentally deletes something you an go back and retrieve it.

Feature-rich, easy to use, easy to implement, stable product.

Organization.

Pros

This software is easy to implement, even for a firm with no prior document management system. The integration with other software is usually seamless. Worldox support is very responsive.

Cons

Love this system, it is easy to find documents you have already done and searching is so easy also

Pros

Trying to find a document is the easier I have found and using a document number it puts on your documents makes it even easier. I use this every day and I wouldn't go without it. The storage space is also very large.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this system. I am always learning new ways to find my documents.

Best document management software out there

Pros

I like the ease of using this product to keep our client files organized and with the cloud based product you can access your information anywhere

Cons

Sometimes it crashes or updates the files at the end of the delay causing interruptions in your work

Melissa from Crick Walanka Law Group, Ltd

My Review of Worldox

Pros

Cons

That our indexer goes down daily. The software also takes a few minutes to open when you first launch the software.

It is powerful but lacks some necessary ease of use

Pros

I like the power of the various options provided including the version ability and built in comparison feature

Cons

I don't like how hard it is to organize files, and it is annoying that it autorides saving of every file.

Lisa from Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP

Excellent DMS and great support.

Pros

The flexibility to customize based on your firm's needs. We have gone thru several generations of the software - having used it since 2003.

Cons

Wish they had data at rest encryption.

I think Worldox is fantastic software! It allows everyone to work cohesively as a team!

The benefit of peace of mind.

Pros

The ability to search for certain documents based on doc type, name, or specifically searched words that are in the text. When you work in a firm with massive amount of documents it is essential to have a program that assist in looking up those documents or storing them safely in a location that can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

The loading speed and the techincal crashes/glitches at times that cause me to have to restart my Worldox software or my computer itself.

Talia from OSU Legal Affairs

Truly the least intuitive program I've ever used to sort files

None

Pros

The fact that I can use it with so many people is really nice. I'm really sorry but I don't have too many pros as I completely hate the software.

Cons

Everything. I don't even know where to begin. This software looks like it was made in 1985 and it doesn't function much faster than a snail. It has preset configurations and it 100% drives me crazy. I just learned from my boss the other day that apparently if you haven't used a button in a while, it just GOES AWAY. How does a button just GO AWAY. Every time you try to make a decision it makes you verify it a second time, which is absolutely just a time waster. It is horrible at sorting and anytime I try to run a query it just isn't able to find the files I want. When I'm saving things from my computer it works maybe half the time. Absolutely the worst program I've ever used, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Good product with frustratingly complicated interface

Serves its purpose but the interface is so complicated as to be burdensome.

Pros

I love the way Worldox integrates with our file system and software to make document management more logical. I'm particularly fond of the file versioning features which are truly invaluable. Seems to have decent security and fine levels of control for ensuring that only those who should see documents are able to see them.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be very difficult to figure out how to do something. The help function is not entirely helpful and Worldox's reliance on affiliated service providers to work with firms to set up and train the product make it a little expensive when problems arise. Also not very easy to recover documents.

Jeff from Hilltop Consultants

Great documentation system for law firms

Great options for filing and fantastic tech support

Pros

Gives a large amount of details to be able to put into a file for both filing groups and individual documents. System is a bit complicated to administer but they have a fantastic help desk that is usually very quick to respond and is able to fix the issues on the first call, more times than not. Overall a great solution for firms.

Cons

Can sometimes get convoluted and with the system naming all files with a number scheme, it can sometimes be hard to find the location as an administrator, if you do not have the file path readily available

Holly from Barnett & Wright, PA

It has helped keep our firm files organized and all in one place making it easy to locate what is needed.

Pros

This is an easy to use product and helps organize all of our company's files. It makes file management easy as you can search for documents within the software.

Cons

It takes more time to save documents using this software as you have to input the type of document it is and choose a category.

Mary from Thoreson Legal Services

Document control to the max

Pros

I enjoy the ease of pulling up any document I need and working on it and then putting it back and others can see my changes immediately.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing when you first begin. It's not a jump in type of program.

Not a great product. Although its been described as top-of-the-line, the interface is antiquated.

It does work, it's just clunky.

Pros

The product does work, it just makes you work and does little to nothing to personalize or simplify use.

Cons

The multiple steps that are necessary to enter a new document. Even for upload of a simple document, you need to select multiple categories, which takes a great deal of time.

Emilija from Medicinski fakultet Nis

Industry: Medical Devices

Worldox is great service.

Pros

I really like that Worldox is so easy to install and use, and it allows for people to create great websites.

Cons

Worldox is one source CMS and it need to be well protected.

Katherine from Friedman & Springwater LLP

We have used Worldox since 2003 with relative success

Pros

Does an excellent job of capturing our firm's documents' metadata. Does an excellent job of streamlining the profile process.

Cons

We have had problems with slowness in retrieving documents since we added encryption to our document servers.

Decent document management

Pros

I really enjoy the search feature that enables me to find the document I am looking for. I also like the ability to make a document hidden from all other users. It is also nice to sort documents into the type of transaction.

Cons

The software is unstable. We have been experiencing frequent crashes, inability to save documents, and the inability to attach to an email.

Not user friendly or requires training

Pros

It does what it is supposed to do and saves documents to a general system. But my office finds it hard to search.

Cons

This software does not seem organized. Compared to other software options that enable documents to be sorted by folders or issues, this seems more like a document dump. It can make it hard to find a specific document.

Matthew from Fdg

Worldox

Pros

Works well for keeping all documents in one place and easy to search for.

Cons

Not exactly user-friendly in all aspects and requires a steep learning curve.

Clunky software

Pros

Co-workers claim the software has many services...

Cons

Clunky and slow. Needs a so-called face lift

Harry from Stout Risius Ross

Worldox Review

I have found the software to be relatively easy to use. Sometimes saving documents to folders was a little less intuitive than I thought it could have been. I never spoke with customer support and therefore did not rate it.