All Asana Reviews

Asana Review: One Project Manager to Rule All

Chasity

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Asana Saves the Day

I love Asana and it helps keep me accountable to my clients. I can do all I need to manage my projects in Asana. I love the board look for my project boards. It's also easy to integrate with slack, google forms etc.

PROS

Asana is easy to use and get started. I love that you have an option of how you view the projects. Asana is good for projects both big and small. Another pro is the status change for projects. it allow you to update the status while prompting you to give a report. The task are linked so you can easily move them to show completion or what's coming. I love that you can import from a spreadsheet and it will put the task for you.

CONS

I'd say the con is that some of my clients find it hard to use. I believe that once you've watched a tutorial or taken the tour it's easy to use.

Carolyne

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Simple but effective

Excellent experience with Asana, I was up and running quickly and delighted to learn more as I progressed.

PROS

Asana has a good clean interface with the ability for multiple projects and countless categories and sub categories. Working with teams is a breeze as they can be added, assigned tasks and monitored with ease. Customisation turns your work areas into logical systems for your business. I used Asana on multiple businesses, not just projects and it met my requirements every time.

CONS

Other apps have so many more features than Asana and that may be more appealing to you. I like to keep it simple and found myself constantly trying to keep up with what I could do, as opposed to what I should be doing with them. For that reason, I prefer Asana.

Reason for choosing Asana

I liked the interface and organisation of projects. Adding teams was uncomplicated. It suited not just me but my team members.

Kim

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Asana - No Change MGMT

PROS

The PMs like Asana, for their management, single source to get messages across quickly

CONS

Not very much, as it is a bit cumbersome to use, and the threads are very long with comments

Shelley L.

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Asana Keeps Me On Track

It's been really good. This program is a big help! I also like that if I need someone else to help, I have an extra license.

PROS

I not only use Asana for my own small business, but also to manage the projects for other clients, as well as my personal projects. Asana offers powerful tools at a lower price than other project management software. Although you may want to upgrade for more features. It's fairly easy to set up although I feel I may not be using it to it's full potential. They offer webinars and educational material to help you.

CONS

Still wish the pricing could be lower, especially for a single user who doesn't have an office full of people or a large budget. With every app and program requiring subscriptions these days, it really adds up and my project management software will be lowest on the list if something has to go. I also had a bad customer service experience. It took a while but I was able to finally get an answer for my set up question.

Reason for choosing Asana

Best price, ease of use, mobile abilities and notifications.

Khushnud

Computer Networking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Asana for teammates

I use it for team discussion, project deployment and task assignments

PROS

Asana is great to structure projects or tasks and collaborate with team members. Also it provides visual timeframe

CONS

At first it looks very complicated and difficult to expand features

Reason for choosing Asana

Asana is flexible, works on web or installing app

Reasons for switching to Asana

Outlook was consulting too much time and was not capable of making all requirements

Tracy

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Awesome Project Management

A great project management system for anyone from entrepreneurs to large enterprises.

PROS

I love pretty much everything about Asana It's easy to create tasks, projects, and manage them together. From calendar management to bringing in resources, everything is really easy to use.

CONS

Honestly, there isn't really anything I dislike about Asana. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana was a lot easier to use and customize for unique workflows

1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Versatile, flexible, delight to manage work remotely

Saves a lot of time going back and forth with project updates and reviews management.

PROS

I enjoy using Asana for delegating tasks across departments within companies I work with. My work is project based, and when my clients already use Asana, the onboarding process simply becomes 10x faster. I like how Asana makes the complexity of task and project management simple.

CONS

My only issue is clicking on the 'Complete task' button by mistake when trying to close the task card or rename the task (in an already scrolled position)

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello tends to get messy and Asana is just more suitable for bigger teams.

Tavaris

Computer Games, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to use project management software

With out this software it will be hard for me to track all of my projects.

PROS

I love that it is not hard to use like Microsoft project. Things are simple and easy to set-up. I like that I can use the software on a phone or tablet.

CONS

I really didn't have no issues using the software

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is much easier to use and has a better system of tracking things.

Renata

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Good tool for management

Good experience. The team was involved and was attending the expectations

PROS

Easy setup, notifications, design and training

CONS

I didn’t find easy to Manage and track the flow

Reasons for switching to Asana

Was easier to track the flow and to input the informations

Shishir

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Closer Look at Asana

My overall experience with Asana has been positive. It's helped me stay organized and on top of my tasks, which has reduced my stress levels. I appreciate how easy it is to break down big projects into smaller steps and assign tasks to team members.

PROS

Sure! Here's a draft in easy language: I really liked how Asana makes it easy to organize tasks. You can break down big projects into smaller steps, which helps me stay focused. It's also great that I can see what everyone on my team is working on, so we can stay coordinated. Plus, the reminders and notifications keep me on track, so I don't forget anything important. Overall, Asana just makes managing tasks simpler and less stressful.

CONS

One thing I didn't like about Asana is that it can feel a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many features and options that it takes some time to learn how to use them all effectively. Also, while the basic version is free, some of the more advanced features require a paid subscription, which might not be feasible for everyone. Lastly, while the notifications are helpful, they can sometimes be too frequent and distract me from what I'm working on.

Gabrielle

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Asana - more than a to do list

It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

PROS

CONS

There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Reason for choosing Asana

It’s overall appearance is modern and sophisticated, yet isn’t overly complicated to use whereas many other programs only offered one or the other.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana did a much better job being appealing to its users.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2020

Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool

I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

PROS

Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed. Organized User Interface. Automated Email Notifications. Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client. Search feature works well and is fast. Adding Tags.

CONS

Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions. Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

Reason for choosing Asana

We tried it within our team for a couple of months before making the decision. Everyone liked the layout and how easy the tool was to learn.

Reasons for switching to Asana

JIRA wasn't designed for the purpose we were using it for. Asana suits our needs perfectly.

Reviewed August 2020

Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency

Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

PROS

Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

CONS

There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

Reason for choosing Asana

Asana felt more robust and better for a larger team than Trello. Jira felt more aligned with agile development, which is not the majority of our work.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We needed a more robust tool that would organize our work by client/project, allow us to have conversations and share feedback, and keep a clear trajectory of each project and which team member was accountable at any point in time.

Dino

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our organization

I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks. Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

PROS

What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution. One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

CONS

I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

Reason for choosing Asana

When choosing a work management tool a few years ago I was deciding between Asana and Trello and since Asana was offering List View I decided to go with Asana.

Reviewed January 2021

The Ultimate Efficiency Accelerator

Altogether, I couldn't picture my work environment without the presence of Asana. The percentage increase in efficiency our team has noticed since integrating the software is substantially high. Personally, I love the large amount of unknown tools/features that I discover on a regular basis, and understanding how I can incorporate them into my workflow is always exciting!

PROS

Asana is a core platform for our business and team-cooperation associated with task management. Organizing assignments and ensuring deadlines are met has never been easier with amazing features such as time allocating & due dates, @mentioning teammates, colour-coding tasks based on their urgency and countless other additions. I found the product easily adaptable and very effective after initial setup, and the vibrant display as well as small animations on completing tasks are truly up-lifting.

CONS

Working alongside a smaller team, Asana didn't seem as the best option due to its slightly greater cost relative to its competitors, though as our business expanded we were content that we remained with the platform.

Reasons for switching to Asana

My team and I noticed that working on larger projects became complex and inefficient, therefore switching to Asana was the correct solution as of its ease of use supported by its capability of handling greater forms of data.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Asana is my ABSOLUTE GO TO for task and project management

I switched from Trello to Asana and I truly enjoy using Asana almost because I feel there is a gamification feeling in getting my daily wins accomplished. I literally look at Asana at least 5 times per day and almost always before I end my day to see what my plan of action will be for tomorrow.

PROS

The fact that I can manage my daily tasks seamlessly both on my desktop computer and on my iPhone mobile application.

CONS

Sometimes the copy and paste function doesn't work as I would like it to to take a similar task, copy it and then modify it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Reason for choosing Asana

I really like the layout of the tasks management section both on the web browser and the Mobile application. Mainly I like the tasks being organized in a vertical fashion in Asana as opposed to the card fashion in Trello which I didn't like as much.

Reasons for switching to Asana

To be honest, Trello was having a server issue one day and I was locked out from seeing my tasks and I felt lost that day. I immediately switched to Asana which I had also used in the past but it wasn't yet my main daily task manager.

Diane

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

PROS

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

CONS

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Reason for choosing Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Flexible tool, good product / R&D focus. Bad sales experience

Buyer beware of any commitments made by the sales team.

PROS

Asana was selected in our organization because it provides a good balance between out of the box capability and is configurable without death by configuration. For daily task management, it has been a big hit with our team, with multiple additional departments requesting access early in the roll-out plan to manage their daily work. For our projects, it improved visibility of progress and has contributed to a better defined / more predictable project plan and outcomes.We've also had several positive interactions with the product team by participating in early releases on new features that were important to our company.

CONS

We've had a few challenges:* Translating our project management templates into Asana required significant rework to find the right level of task detail without micro managing every activity* There is no short unique identifier on individual tasks. It makes it hard to talk about the work that is captured in Asana in our development process.* Account team is not stable and only cares about upsell. We've worked with several people already in the first year+ of use. With each replacement, an intro call is arranged to talk about what we as the customer can do for them in terms of buying more licenses. * Pricing was not transparent with a bit of bait and switch. Volume discount provided to win our business was removed in the first renewal. Take it or leave it attitude from account rep leaves us with an incredibly bad taste in our mouth.

Reason for choosing Asana

Jira - Needed add-ons to achieve portfolio review capability that we neededTeamwork - Enterprise security and SLA was lacking

Reasons for switching to Asana

Previous tool reached end of life

Nic