What are Dropbox Business users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dropbox Business software through verified user reviews

20,160 Reviews

12,680
5,664
1,400

• icon"Dropbox is pretty good about storage and pricing for that storage. Pretty easy to share files to co-workers and give share permissions."
  • icon"This product is easy to setup and use which make sit great as far as training goes. It can be used as a cloud data repository, shared and has great logging as to who did what and when."
  • icon"The product is easy to use and the most important feature that I saw on the app is the drag and drop feature it's so helpful it helps me upload media and files easily it's really a great feature."
  • icon"Constantly changing UX - sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Suffers from a bit of UX identity crisis."
  • icon"I was a team of one in the beginning and i still had to pay a ridiculous $75/month just to use it for myself."
  • icon"If I fail to download them, then I no longer have access to the files. It may be that you only have access to files for a certain length of time, in that case the error would be mine."

Browse all Dropbox Business Reviews

• Have you used Dropbox Business and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,041 reviews

Danille

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Dropbox for Business

desmond

August 2022

Dropbox Business - Secure you valuable data and files with the best.

very satisfied usage experience.

Pros

One's ability to easily access one's team’s work securely from a computer, mobile device, or any web browser. It also offers a new way to store, share, & track one's work. Dropbox business provides the storage space one need and its ability to share files instantly hassle-free.

Cons

However, Dropbox's business, unfortunately, fails to provide users with the latest technology for searches. The biggest letdown is the lack of metadata search functionality. Metadata is information about a file, such as a date it was created.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Share popularist opinion influenced my choice, and I wasn't disappointed.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Terabox data security breach and other unsatisfied offers- in the form of ads and high cost made me switch.

Traci

May 2022

Dropbox for business, providing security and confidence

This is literally the only software product with which we have had no issues with either integrating it with our current software, or employee training.

Pros

Our company found the price structure, features offered and support all incredibly impressive.

Cons

It would be interesting if they would consider a loyalty program of sorts. For example, after someone has been a customer for a set amount of time, possibly 6 months, they would be eligible for a referral bonus and receive an incentive if they got their business associates to start using Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Overall, I don't find Microsoft products as user-friendly as I would be comfortable with.

Anthony

March 2022

One of the most robust cloud storage options around

Its great for what I do. I need mobile access to my files and a universally accepted way to share them with clients and team members quickly. The ability to store offline also helps in situations where you don't have reliable internet access.

Pros

It allows me total control of the file management process - I can edit files and they are updated instantly, I can transfer files directly or via a share link. I can store offline. I can restrict access,etc.

Cons

They keep pushing you to upgrade all the time when they think you are going to run out of storage.

Needed more storage

Luis Carlos

December 2021

Best of its class. A must have for team working

I use it daily and all my work and important documents are there. I've lost several operating system installations and never lost a single file.

Pros

It is the single best software for file syncing, storing and sharing. I use it in 3 computers and my phone. The fact that I can have everything on the cloud, while keeping only relevant stuff on each device (work, personal, etc) makes it even better. The fact that it has a native client for Linux is also great. At some point, I remember keeping some files on a server to make it easier to send settings to it.

Cons

I have to nit pick because this services is really great. Some people that don't use dropbox may not find that easier to download files from time to time.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

I've used some of the other alternatives and they are not as good. A deal breaker for me was that almost no other alternative supported Linux natively, which I use on a daily basis.

Federico

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

Using Dropbox was an initial step into more serious file security. It allowed us to develop a great architecture.

Pros

This is a great product from a robust and reputable company, that gives us the guarantee the product will keep our data safe. We can have our backup, share our files, perform data recovery, sync it with other deices and can be integrated with zoom, Canva and others. You can always start for free.

Cons

Even tough they have a free version, they are expensive, coming to $15-$25 per user per month. Another issue is their solution can be very heavy, requiring a lot of space on the disk for file syncing.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We tested some solutions and the ratio price / value was the highest.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

We decided to use Dropbox because it has great collaboration capabilities with most of the solutions in the market.

Eero

Industry: Consumer Electronics

March 2022

A good quality cloud storage with poor web interface

Dropbox offers reliable cloud storage, we store 99% of our files there and it has saved us a few times. The computer apps work well and syncing is a breeze. With slower computers, Dropbox syncing can seriously slow the computer down unless the download and upload rates are limited to a minimum. The browser interface is not good at all, it is not reacting fast, is non-informative, and functionalities are hidden. I really wish they could make a major update.

Pros

We have used Dropbox from its early days. It has always offered reliable cloud storage and it has saved us two times after hardware breakdowns. So definitely worth the money.

Cons

The weakest link is the online interface. It is very sluggish, limited with functions and doesn't provide much information. I try to avoid it as much as I can, and really wonder why they haven't made it better.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Google Drive user interface is a disaster, even worse than Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

OneDrive offers all Office software with the subscription, so it is price-wise much better. But I never liked the interface there either, and somehow I didn't want Microsoft handling and storing all our files. MEGA is great and I personally still use it, but I wasn't sure if it was reliable enough for business uses.

Nikki

Industry: Photography

July 2022

Fast Syncing - Secure - Safe

As a photographer it did not work for me. I think it would be okay for a business that did not need to store a large volume of large files. I did use it for several months and during that time I was able to run my business with success, however I did not find any extra benefits from using Dropbox Business vs other cloud storage.

Pros

I like the compatibility with other software that I've used for a long time, I like the security aspect, dropbox business allows two factor authentication, single sign on, remote device wipe ( I already had to use that once, so glad I had it ) Long term file recovery is great to have. Syncing files is fast across all devices, it's almost instant. Smart sync saves even more time. I like the ability to organize files and folders in a way that works for me.

Cons

Large files can be slow on upload or download. I wish the storage space given for the price was larger. It would be nice to have built in editing tools.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

I switched because I had already been looking for something a little better than Google drive and Dropbox Business caught my eye because of the added security.

Sher

April 2022

Dropbox drops your files and losses documents and your passwods

We used Drobox daily since I worked remotely before Covid-19 . There was issues with being able to get in due to the 2 step accountability. We also used Sookasa which duplicated our products. Dropbox tried to take the documents and the pictures from the computer and when you close your account it wants to keep all your objects. This is a form of hostage taking. Some of those forms were designed by me some of the pictures had been sold to clients. None of that should be in anyone else's hands.

Pros

It was accessible from anywhere if you could get in.

Cons

Dropbox tried to take over all photos and documents on the computer even when denyed.

Jess

Used to Love Dropbox, Not Anymore

Overall I'm extremely disappointed with where this company has gone and don't recommend using them.

Pros

When Dropbox first launched, it was amazing. I used it all the time for file sharing and storage and syncing across devices. Extremely useful for collaborating with photographers, saving my files across devices, etc.

Cons

As Dropbox has evolved, it's gotten harder and harder to use. I've been paying for storage and was trying to find and delete files that were taking up a lot of space. It took an entire day to locate some old, giant files that were taking up gigabytes of space in my Dropbox.

Grace

Expensive and I don't like Dropbox's space restrictions

I have to subscribe time to time when clients using Dropbox share large files. I hate it and think it's super unnecessary and expensive. $150 or $240 per year is way too much.

Pros

Automations, though I personally find only one relevant (files saved to folder are renamed). I suppose I could find use for files added to folder as video though I've not tried it out. Also like that I can create a file request to a folder directly from Dropbox, though I can do this is Google Drive just as easily.

Cons

I honestly HATE Dropbox's policy of not allowing you to access files if you're out of space — even if they are files shared by someone else on their account. Someone tell me if I'm wrong and have not figured out how to navigate Dropbox?? I also hate the interface and how I can't right click to access the file handling menu but have to find and click the 3 dots.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Because I had no choice — other people wanted to share large files via Dropbox. I would never on my own volition use Dropbox.

September 2022

File sync issues on Mac OS

We've gone from Google, to Box, to Dropbox (we're now back to google drive) looking for a file sharing solution for our agency. We have thousands of files accessed by designers and developers across various workplace locations. Unfortunately, we've had to leave this platform because file structures weren't updating properly. Some users wouldn't see some files. Didn't seem to be a permissions issue and customer service wasn't able to help. In fairness, it's not just this platform. Everything we've tried seems to have some degree of issues with sync. Google has been the best for us because the only issue there has to do with path names for linked files. So when another user picks up a file (e.g.: InDesign), they need to re-link all the images. Dorpbox did solve this problem, but having folders not refresh properly is a worse issue, so we're back to Google.

Pros

Very fast connectivity. Robust security. Good permissions management. Speeds were sufficient to work directly in cloud files without issue. Cloud files were integrated directly into the native OS file browsing.

Cons

File sync issues across our organization.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We selected this to solve the broken file linking problem when different users pick up adobe files with linked assets.

File sync issues.

Anil

June 2022

Data storage for business

I used Dropbox for my company to store all our documents in one place, to share with our friend.

Pros

Dropbox has nice features to cover all your documents in same place, but the programme works slow and thats why I stopped using.

Cons

The dashboard and usability is really slow, you have to wait until it progress inside.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Google Drive has impressive features and usability.

Belasco

Industry: Building Materials

April 2022

Dropbox Business Review

I have been using Dropbox for many years and i still believe it is the market leader in the cloud space. Dropbox has managed to keep up with its competitors because it keeps adding relevant features. However i feel like the company could do better in regards to privacy for example the lack of Zero knowledge encryption.

Pros

A reliable storage and syncing facility. Can integrate well with Office 365 and Google workplace. Dropbox can give 2000 gig of files and allows sharing with clients. This is facilitated by powerful features like Smart Sync and Showcase. Dropbox brings your files together in one central place. Dropbox keep on evolving by introducing new features thus remaining competitive in the market.

Cons

Dropbox is expensive when you want to upgrade from free to Dropbox plus or other payment plan. If you require storage that comes with office suit you will need to pay more. The company openly admits that it can access data so as to share with third parties. Poor privacy policies.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox is constantly upgrading its features and integrating with Microsoft packages and google.

Mahmudul islam

Industry: Civil Engineering

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times. Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

Pros

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data.. I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

Cons

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

For professional work , need to switch with all other teammates.

Rhonda

Protects files

I used Dropbox business to backup records and notes for the convenience and to cut down on file clutter. I liked that I can scan in a physical document when I need to, we aren't one hundred percent digital yet. This organization is partly mobile, some records need to be updated by employees while in a patients home. We prefer that some records are only kept online incase an employee leaves us for whatever reason or incase of lost or stolen electronics. Only folders I choose are synced, the others stay online only.

Pros

Getting the account set up only took a few minutes. Employees were able to adjust to the change and I control what they see or don't see. No outside accounts had to be replaced and I'm always able to share records from Dropbox business to our office suite. I like having revision history so I can reverse an inaccurate change. Records are always backed up and I don't need to keep additional backup copies. Photographic records remain clear after being transferred and open normally. I am confident that my records and notes are private and protected from ransomware.

Cons

Not free to use and not the best value for money. Any facility is going to accumulate records every day and the storage will overflow. After setup employees and I both had to spend a long time reading the frequently asked questions link. A way to leave a short message attached to folders or notify someone that a folder had been updated would make Dropbox business better .

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox business works with our office suite

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

IDrive did not have enough protection or control

Ishrat

May 2022

Dropbox has evolved into much more than a simple cloud storage solution for me

Dropbox seemed like the perfect tool for collaborative work at my institution because of its fantastic capabilities.

Pros

As soon as I save a file to a Dropbox folder, the app automatically syncs it to all other computers or devices that share that folder. One of the most obvious benefits of using a cloud storage service like Dropbox is that my files are protected even if my computer is not. Dropbox Paper, which was launched in January 2017, is the company's best collaborative tool. I'm thinking about making a Paper that can be shared with others.

Cons

A free Dropbox Basic account has limited storage but includes the majority of the features included in paid subscriptions. Dropbox also allows users to delete their Basic accounts. Free accounts expire after 12 months and 90 days of inactivity, and any files in them are deleted. Dropbox's organizational structure isn't very novel.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox's business plans are slightly less expensive.

Eduardo

December 2021

My personal experience using Dropbox

Dropbox is a simple cloud-based capacity administration and an application for various frameworks, makes it conceivable to get to information from numerous stages. Offering documents to others is straightforward and simple since it permits both outer and inside gatherings to add to an information record that traverses organizations. Picking which documents to save locally is straightforward and which are just accessible on the web, and it incorporates consistently with our Windows PCs. Document, picture, and video synchronizing happen naturally, so we don't need to stress over it what Dropbox simplifies it to do this.

Pros

Dropbox offers includes that will interest both the individual and business client. For business, incorporated devices, for example, Google Docs and Microsoft Word take into account liquid work process and joint effort. Dropbox's choice to coordinate Office 365 and Google Workspace was an astute move, and should give clients certainty that they can flawlessly relocate to the stage. Utilizing Google or Microsoft Office devices with Dropbox is basic. You can make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Cons

Its very well may be more straightforward to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS application or inside the program. Security and authorizations: I've thought that it is hard to oversee consents around stowed away organizers and security ordered progressions. It's not difficult to impart something to somebody to similar consents, however I've encountered occurrences where two individuals (myself included) have various names for a similar envelope yet can't get to one another's documents, without clarification for why the authorizations are unique

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Ability to make new reports, share them with others and work together progressively, with alters reflected promptly across your group's Dropbox account.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

The user interface is sometimes slow to respond. Limited editing and collaboration and storage functions.

Julian

August 2022

One of the best cloud services around

Pros

Dropbox has help us as an organization to share all our files and keep them synchronized. Since we use Dropbox we don't send files through email anymore and the latest version of every file is always up-to-date. Now changing equipment or recovering files is very esay en efficient

Cons

Changing the location of the Dropbox is a bit tricky. Also, when someone accidentally delete files, is not very easy to find the problem to restore thr data.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

The features Dropbox had the moment of the buying decision

Great product for productivity

We have a lot of cases where clients need to get files across, as well as we showing products to clients. Before we used WeTransfer for this, but this proved to be cumbersome and hard to come across as truly professional. This is not the case with Dropbox Business.

Pros

We use a lot of the features of Dropbox Business, mostly for managing sharing files with our clients and allowing them to upload.

Cons

Does not integrate well with network structure

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox offered all features we required, which other providers lacked.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

WeTransfer is limited in the number of features it offers in comparison to Dropbox Business

Mohammad

Long-term Satisfied User

I'm really glad that I stuck with dropbox for all these years simple because of its ease of use & accessibility from any device I own in my office & home. All my documents & media files are still intact & merely take a second to load, & showing my work to clients have never been that simple.

Pros

I really admire how fast it takes to sync files whether they're 4K pics caught from my Canon DLSR or a bunch of movies. Also, since I store all my program setups on my dropbox, I am able to easily share their links to friends & clients so they can download them.

Cons

Recently, I'm finding myself needing to re-login again & again on my computer everytime I shut down & restart my computer. This became quite a bit frustrating on PC, as I do not gave this issue on mobile & iPad versions of the app.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It takes forever to sync my files over OneDrive when compared to Dropbox.

Isaac

Industry: Program Development

Great file management features

Dropbox has been a very handy tool for me. I have never encountered any experience of file loss or corruption, unapproved access to any of my folders, nor security breaches. It has served me and my teams absolutely flawlessly. The collaboration tools have also made our team communications as efficient as can be hoped for.

Pros

I like being able to work directly from the desktop folders. which eliminates the need to have to manually upload files for cloud storage. Having that also means that I maintain access to all my work files even without access to internet.... which happens quite often in my work since I'm mostly on the road.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with Dropbox in all the time I have used it.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Moved to a different department which didn't have a Box subscription.

Marta

August 2022

Dropbox has made my work easier, and more flexible and safe

I am a freelance designer. I use Dropbox to have a security copy, to access to my files from different places and to share files with clients and collaborators.

Pros

I love the way it let me work with a file from different places. It makes my work easier and make me save a lot of time

Cons

I don’t least anything at the moment, it works perfect for me

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

I don’t know how google drive works at this moment, but when I changed to Dropbox, it didn’t work as a folder in the computer and was more difficult to work with

Donna

March 2022

We keep going back to it!

We have used it for the last 5/6 years and have always loved it. We have worked with business mentors who say we should use One Drive or GoogleDrive and have trialled them both then gone back to Dropbox. We and all of the freelancers and volunteers that work in our organisation prefer Dropbox and we get less queries from people struggling to access files as the registration process is simpler.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use, we work with people who aren’t always very good with software & computers and everyone can access the files without a problem.

Cons

We are really happy with it. We find it easy to use day to day and easy to find documents and collaborate.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

We just find it easy to use, the layout of the files, the search features, moving & downloading files. Everthing, it is just a better fit for how we work.

Jonas

Dropbox is a lifesaver

A couple of scenarios where Dropbox came to the rescue: - Team member deleted the wrong file, we could just restore it. - My laptop died at 10am, after bringing it in to get it fixed I was back working on a 200gb project by 12 thanks to the back-up. - Times where an updated file got corrupted, with version history we could restore an older, working, version in a matter of seconds.

Pros

The ease of use. Using Dropbox doesn’t take a lot of work, it acts like a folder on your computer that automatically syncs everything (including labels for mac users), without fault.

Cons

Depending on your plan storage can be a little limiting, with few options to expand if you don’t want to pay a lot more. I have however received an email that you can now expand storage more easily and at fair pricing.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Business

This is years ago, before any of the fancy new features got added. For me, I chose Dropbox because of their safety, pricing, shared folders with external partners that already used Dropbox and the fact Dropbox was the only one syncing the color labels on mac.

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,041 reviews