• Pros

• "This is very easy to use and great for multiple users! "

• "We love the user interface. It is extremely easy to use. The another thing I loved about flock is that we experienced zero bugs in our use so far! "

• "I love how cute it is and it is very convinient as an app and desktop version as well. I used it for nearly 4 years and I am pretty happy with it"

• Cons

• "It was a little tough to understand the fullness of what it has to offer but over time that became clearer."

• "nothing to change its easy to use and has great benefits other than just chatting and sending messages"

• "I feel that they need to improve the user interface. Current interface is looks good but need to add more features and make it as a colorful one."

Browse Flock Reviews

Massimo from Somake

irreplaceble

Absoluty happy with it, both on desktop and mobile app.

Pros

Flock simply allowed our team to continue working during the pandemic. Since the day 1, we were already working as usual because it replaces all collaborative functions. Furthermore, it integrates with many commons tools like Google Drive and Todoist.

Cons

Maybe the assistance is not very fast, but we barely needed it.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

After few minutes of trying, we were already using it easily.

Brian from Skyline Design Limited

A more user-friendly Slack

We have a completely remote team of about 30 team members. The biggest challenge in running a remote team is integrating communication between people and teams to reduce the distance and increase personal interaction. Flock solved that for us in a big way. Adoption was 100% and everyone always has it online. It has really improved team cohesiveness.

Pros

The best feature about Flock is its ease-of-use. Our team is made of diverse members with different technical skills from engineers, designers, project managers to marketers and HR. The most important feature when choosing this was ease of use as that would greatly affect how well the tool would be adopted by the team members.

Cons

The administration and enterprise features were are not as robust as the competitors. If one was looking for a compliant enterprise communication tool to pass on sensitive information, I would check elsewhere.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Flock simply offered a more inclusive feature set for our needs, while being lightweight without too much bloat.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

For our technical team members, adoption of Slack was very easy, especially because most of them were already using it. However, the rest of the team found the learning curve too steep hence did not use the app.

Just Telegram or Whatsapp with some integrations!

Flock is really good, I recommend it to small IT or ITes company as most of the apps made available for keeping developers and programmers in mind. Whereas for rest it's better to use Telegram with IFTTT and Zapier or Try Workplace by Fb and MS Teams then switching from Slack to Flock. But those who're already using Slack, Flock is like Bullock cart Vs Bently (Slack) and sooner or later either you'll upgrade to Slack or Workplace by Facebook or Teams by MicroSoft.

Pros

- Easy to use - Affordable then Slack but not anymore after entry of Workplace by Fb and MS Teams (as they're almost free) - Best in class Support and they're always there to assist you

Cons

- A complete dearth of apps and integrations, NOT EVEN the 100 essential apps (by Slack) and must have Integrations are available on Flock, literally you'll regret and repent if you're switching from Slack. As just 54 App integrations are available that too without full functionality. - You can search a file but couldn't click or access it. - A Big NO for Media or Marketing Company as it may take years for you to find the image your teammate posted just 3 months back. - Slowest, let me repeat slowest app development I've ever seen in my life so far. No need to feature requests or app integration suggestions

Christina from CCS

Flock is the best!

I am a very satisfied customer. I feel I was provided with accurate information throughout the app so I could make an educated decision with my insurance options & finances. I hope we use Flock with our open enrollment every year!

Pros

It's super user friendly! I love how it breaks down the price & has a description for all items available.

Cons

Needs more of an explanation on the life insurance portion. Lots of questions that I had to call & ask for ehlp with, but that really wasn't an issue.

Hannah from Young Women in Business

The Team Communication Tool We Needed

Keeping all team communication in one place is exactly the solution we needed, elevating our team from seperate chats and email threads. It has organized our team and keeps everything organized and archived if we ever need to draw on what was previously said.

Pros

I like the intergrated tools that make managing projects within our team so much easier! For example, the to-do lists that you are able to create between team members keeps us on track and organized.

Cons

I haven't found to many things to dislike about Flock, the only pain point with the free version is only allowing the (1) administrator to post to announcements. Our team made a seperate channel so that relevant leaders could post announcements.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Something new! I had never heard of it and wanted something fresh the team would be excited about.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Integrated tools + archived documents and conversations, channels.

Jeremy from Wyandotte Family Church

Industry: Program Development

Streamline Communication and bring your team together!

With flock we set reminders during meetings when we need to circle back to a discussion. We have pinned posts that are important for the team to refer back to often. We have utilized the video chat room for offsite meetings.

Pros

Flock is easy to learn and utilize. It makes communicating with your team simple. We have people in the office and out of the office so keeping everyone on the same page can be a challenge. Flock helps us communicate throughout the week, stay on task and make sure everyone has the information they need readily accessible. There are two features that a previous company we had didn't offer. Flock offers a Do Not Disturb feature which has helped. You can also delete posts which is a benefit that other group messaging companies do not offer.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons yet. Our experience with Flock has truly been positive.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Stride was merging with another company. We took that opportunity to check out the market and discovered flock. We are glad we made the switch.

Jovana from Jednakost

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

Pros

I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

Cons

Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

I tend to think that Slack is messy and I am looking for a cleaner and more transparent alternative.

Brooke from Modern Builders Supply

Not so bad

My company enjoys the ease of using Flock to communicate between our different buildings at work and between different departments for an easy and fast response to questions or issues

Pros

I like that you can share different things via flock like google docs, codes, etc.

Cons

You have to pay extra for them to save your messages-- frequently we lose past messages because they disappear after so long

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Skype wasn't as professional as Flock is. Flock also has additional features that we liked.

Eva from Billy Bob's Repair & Tire

Flock

We use it for interoffice communication so we don't always have to get up and go find a person. We message each other and some of have it on our phones as well so we are able to see our messages when we are away from the computer. It makes things easier and a lot more convenient.

Pros

It is easy to use, you can share files.

Cons

i don't know

Reasons for Switching to Flock

First we had HipChat and it changed to Stride and then they said Stride was going away and suggested Flock as a replacement.

Kendra from University of Maine Presque Isle

Flock Review

Pros

I like that it is simple to understand and use. I also like that you can make groups and have private groups.

Cons

I don’t like the notification process, the email is a little much to remind me that I missed a message.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Those were more complicated.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

This one was similar and easier to use for a large group

Ron from Digital Matrix

We Chose as an Alternative to Slack

As we are all working remotely now, Flock is especially useful for everything from early morning check-in to quick sharing of files.

Pros

Having used Slack with several organizations, I was familiar with the benefits of a direct real-time communications platform tailored to enhance work activities. In choosing for our small company, we found Flock to be a better alternative both cost-wise and overall look and feel. The ability to bring in guests on specific projects without adding to our baseline use cost was a key recommender for us. The integration with Google Docs is very good. Flock also seems to be a more customer-focused independent company, rather than a large public corporation (and even larger now) that will be driven by how much more rent it can charge across its customer base, which is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Cons

Some of the audio/video features need to be better integrated. The video conferencing still seems a bit buggy compared to other platforms, so we don't rely on Flock for that service.

See above

Judith from The Accountant's Office

Wonderful Product

This has been a real saving time saving issue because I can

Pros

This software replaced a cheap messaging program we used internally. It allows us to communicate desk to desk without having to leave an office which now that Covid is limiting mobility, this works well. I am able to select a couple of computers that are support staff and create a team message so I don't have to repeat the message to them separately. Something I just discovered is that this is a cloud based software so while I was out of the office I could still use my Flock program to communicate with the office because I had it loaded on a PC in my remote location and I had internet access. This saved me from having to VPN to the office to access my desktop Flock icon. I like that emoji's were added so text can have some feelings. I can reply to a specific post or I can generate a new reply. And there is so much more that is available in this software that we haven't used yet.

Cons

I would like to be able to have distinctive sounds assigned to specific computers so that when a message comes from a particular computer, there is a recognizable sound that I've assigned to that computer and I know then who it is from. The program minimizes and if I'm interviewing a tax client, I don't want to break the interview to review the message if I suspect it isn't immediately important.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

We chose to use the free Flock service and it has been more than we ever expected!

Reasons for Switching to Flock

unreliable - kept crashing and wasn't easy to reinstall

Suzan from INKFISH digital marketing

Remote non-tech team needs simple communication software!

Changed my company, changed my life. I do complain sometimes about too many red dots! But at least I have it all in one place.

Pros

We used to work in the chat function of Skype... true story! Then someone suggested Slack and the tech details were completely overwhelming for our non-tech team. I think we found flock when it was barely out of beta and we are using it day in, day out, all day! And it integrates with our existing project management tool trello. What I also like is the responsiveness of the support team.

Cons

It's not very obvious where to switch the sound off, ha ha. The first month of our remote employees they are getting loopy from the noise until we find out by accident when we zoom with them and explain where to switch it off!

Too techie and overwhelming

Reasons for Switching to Flock

It's Skype, do I need to say more?

Louis from LionRT

Our team has migrated to FLOCK for ease of use and for feature set capabilities which allow us to manage tasking and team communication as well as video conferencing most effectively

In the final analysis , we believe Flock is a winner and we will be using Flock as our primary collaborative team communication tool for our office team tasking assignment, as well as for video chat . Our office wanted a shared communication tool which on balance was designed with team work in mind. Considering the user interface which allows for common communication as well as closed conversation threads between managers, the rather convenient presence of one touch button control for screen sharing as well as conference call entrance, Flock will be our go communication tool for intra office now. We would say the only real negatives though not plentiful were tied to the inability to control notifications coming from conversations. This can create a log jam. We also experienced some difficulty with file searching or keeping files private to one user. Our recommendation is to emphasize the team orientated communication tools offered by Flock as the primary orientation for usage and to use its rather robust application integration capabilities to supplement weaknesses in the usage of the program. We use Trello quite easily with Flock for instance. Give Flock a try as we believe it can help.

Pros

Seamless and extremely easy to use interface has many advantages including wide and extremely robust application support including Trello, social network apps and many more. We are able to manage team conversation which can be common or specific to users in the group, employ instant screen sharing , and one button touch for video call and chat participation. Overall Flock has proven extremely user friendly and convenient. At this time, pro model and feature upgrade is only a month.

Cons

Less ability at this time to control notifications from shared conversations as well as a non available capability to keep shared files private to 1 user.

Small office use

Flock is one of the better programs for small offices. The ability to create groups with fellow workers helps to speed up the process of cooperation. Pinned Chats are great as they help you keep the most active members of your team in a spot where you don't have to look for them. The To Do list is very helpful especially since I've learned how to use the "to do bot". Files are kept very organized and are helpful when needing to grab something from a few weeks ago.

Pros

Ease of use - the interface is very simple to use. Any person on any level of Tech knowledge can use this. Clean UI - The User Interface (UI) is laid out to where you learn where items are real quick. You have Pinned Chats, Open Chats and can search your most recent chats with no problem. There is a directory of users who are in your team. I also use the To Do Bot a ton. Using that automation bot to keep up with task and things that need to be done are worth the time reading the F.A.Q.'s.

Cons

Every time it's installed on a PC you have to have a specific code to key in. This can be tiresome or a time waste when installing on 30+ machines. Should just allow you do add people from an Admin panel and they not have to enter a code.

Pamela from All Quick Repairs, Inc.

Flock

We are a construction company that uses this for our field techs to load pictures and we have had no problems, whenever I have had to contact flock which was twice, they were able to handle what I needed at that time, I would highly recommend this software. (still looking for in expensive software to use with my techs on sending work orders)

Pros

Our main purpose for using flock is being able to share pictures.

Cons

There is only 1 thing I would say is cons, when contacting flock it is sometimes hard to understand what they are saying due to they have a different accent the usa does. I would recommend a search bar for finding older pictures.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Down Time and easier to download our pictures.

Flock is more User friendly

Shaumit from ConsultAdd Inc

It is a reasonably good platform to communicate with team. It is extremely fast and useful to use.

Pros

I really love to use flock as it is best place to explore new features. Its far better than Slack as if I wanted to find some pervious data, I can easily go for search option and tailor it out.. I really love the TO-DO feature that helps me to follow up with people for various things. I love the pinned chats feature, which helps me to notify important things to important people and get connect with them without a delay. I also like notes feature, which help me to write the important points during meeting. Its best use is to share the file without delay and saves me time and email. Also, when I am busy, I can update my status without any delay.

Cons

1. I would like to inform that there is no con for using flock, however, if some changes, that I have suggested, could be made then it would be more user-friendly. 1. I would suggest flock team to work on reactions of a particular message. For example, on a particular channel, I would like to say something funny or express my gratitude, if some one from the team likes my message, I would suggest few more emojis to be added to make it more happier to use it. 2. I would like to explore new features like, if possible to add, dictionary or recordings of audio.

Lucas from rNetwork

Great Business Tool

It's a pleasure to use and I cannot see myself ever using another communication tool for business.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Makes interdepartmental communication efficient and quick. I love the ease with which you can share files, and make audio/video calls if chatting is not getting the job done.

Cons

Not sure if this is anything that could be fixed, but the only thing I found annoying is hearing my phone/computer ding with new message notifications hundreds of times in an hour. This is due to being part of several group chats, so not a defect in the software at all.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Flock gave our organization more capability for what we were looking for, and at a better price point.

Meredith from Tenderfoot TV

Communication Game-changer

Pros

Before Flock, we were relying on group texts and email chains. But as the company grew, group texts were becoming more unmanageable and confusing. I like that this keeps quick, business communications in one place. You can organize the channels easily. I also really like how smoothly Flock syncs with Dropbox. In our audio production field, we deal with a lot of big files. With Flock, you are able to send those files to a group to listen to easily, with quick loading time and with a smaller chance of the communication being lost like it would be on another email chain.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself missing notifications from Flock. I'm not sure if I just haven't fine-tuned my notification settings. But occasionally, I'll click on Flock and realize I didn't seem to see a slew of messages.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

We chose Flock over Slack based on some of the reviews we read. I have used Slack too. I find Flock more user-friendly, intuitive and I think the interface is cleaner. Overall, I prefer Flock for these reasons.

Debjit from ALpana Web Solutions

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

Pros

You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service. Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer. I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

Cons

When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

Carsten from GovSpend

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Ian from Cartoon Mango

An Excellent Team Communications and Utility Tool

Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Pros

Prior to using Flock, our team was on slack which handled communications well. But what Flock brought to the table was more. In addition to the features that Slack has, Flock also has a calendar app, note taking app (which works with individuals, channels and myself, a feature which I really like), tasks app, drive app which I felt adds a lot of value to the product, and makes it a central hub for a lot of my daily activities. They have also recently added a feature that enables you to have repeated processes setup, bringing in automation into the platform. I think they're doing really well in the space that are in and hope they continue to keep innovating while keeping their users in mind.

Cons

They don't have enough integrations (like Invision). They also don't seem to have an easy way to export all data (Slack has this). A dark theme for Flock would be great.

Lindsay from Oceran Properties

Great for multi users

Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

Pros

This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

Cons

I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process but, I'm happy we did :)

Lewis from Sunfish

Industry: Sporting Goods

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your buck!

Pros

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

Cons

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

Better bang for buck

Krishan from LocoNav

Very Satisfied

We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome. I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste. It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office. We have create a new group for every new project that helps to have everyone on same page. and easy for manager to get updates from team. It helps in discussion also. We have integrated flock api for alert on our application. Overall flock makes our entire team life easy.

Pros

Cons

I found one thing irritating that I can not delete reminder which was set by another team mate on group. and I can not download notes. Everything else is just awesome.

Excellent communication tool

Flock has become a key part of the entire companies communication. Company wide channels to share information for all employees as well as focused channels to handle specific areas of the business make it the best solution for us.

Pros

It's easy for all level users in the company to communicate with. Great real-time solution to responding to client needs ASAP. Administration of the users and environment is simple. Excellent uptime - rare that the service is ever slow or unavailable. Support and dev team are on top of the product and updates.

Cons

Can be a challenge to manage multiple groups/channels. Would like a better way to keep channels and groups cleaned up and current. maybe a way to customize the interface for the company would be nice.

Sonalisa from Zeta

Convenient and improving product!

Flock is a nice and easy-going communication platform and has made our lives easy in corporate communication and mostly during this remote working phase. Keep improving and bringing in new and cool features.

Pros

1. Easy to understand and operate 2. 'Read by' feature helps a lot. 3. The distinguishing red mark on mentions is a great experience. 4. The variety of stickers and emojis are great.

Cons

1. The DND feature can be better. 2. The reaction emojis can be more (please add more relevant ones like - facepalm, a simple smile, etc) 3. Provide notification tone changes in the app version of it. 4. The recent chants are lost whenever one makes a hard refresh. Please retrieve the chats back. 5. The search feature can be made efficient (add date-wise search and improve the current search) 6. When a file is pinned, please have a method to show the message on the chat as well.

Megan from Wellington brewery

Organized chaos

I am apart of a chairty educational group, we discuss many different ideas and it is with great ease to have the different chat groups to topics instead of one cluttered mess or overstocked email folder.

Pros

The option to be able to have different threads of topics in different chats and the option to add polls.

Cons

I have not yet experienced a con on this software

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Better organization and face front

Heidi from S, James Agencies (Killam) Ltd,

Flock Review 2019

Flock helps us connect as staff, as our company is spread over 3 towns.

Pros

- easy of use - connects staff spread out

Cons

- the notification noise

Reasons for Switching to Flock

- layout and ease of usange

Emily from Lewis and Palmer

Keeping in contact with your team

Flock is definitely a great addition to any work environment where constant team communication is a must, the software is full of many wonderful features and addons to help make your work experience that much smoother.

Pros

Flock is like many chatting software , but it adds way more than most. It's very easy to use and eliminates the need to walk over to a coworkers desk or having to wait for them to reply to your email. Its made in office communication extremely easy in my place of work. Flock also incorporates many apps that you can have link to it to help with work tasks such as their to do list.

Cons

I'm constantly having to restart Flock, because of all their constant updates. There was this glitch I was having for awhile where I would lose my previously pinned conversations and they would just disappear til the person messaged me again on that same stream. Other than that my only con is that when using the free version they remove access to past conversations from 2 months ago.

Ankit from Directi

Easy to use internal team communication app.

Replaces extensive conversations over email. It's best for regular day to day office conversations.

Pros

1. Easy to use just like whatsapp. 2. Can add gifs, emojis and other stickers 3. Useful features like reminders, in-app video and voice calling 4. Can use multiple accounts for signing in

Cons

1. Always have to add a code while logging into a new machine. 2. On mobile devices, the chat order seems to be little weird. Recent ones are on top and unread ones are at the bottom, don't know if it's a bug. There should be a separate tab to check unread messages/chat.

Siddharth from Media.net

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Pros

1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock. 2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps. 3. Keyboard shortcuts. 4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos. 5. File sharing feature is superb. 6. Multiple organization capabilities. 7. Ability to create reminders.

Cons

1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Mania from Modern Horrors

Flock is a great tool for communication for a big team.

Pros

If you are familiar with Google Hangouts then the interface for this program will look very familiar on the mobile app. For basic functions such as communicating with a team or an individual team member, this app is nearly flawless. However, the app offers more such as polls and sending files. You can have different categories of discussion which makes the app organized.

Cons

The main issue I had with the app was sometimes it failed to notify me of new messages. Also, although the app offers many different features they are a bit difficult to use. For example, for making a poll I had to look around on Google how to do so because I couldn't figure it out on my own, and I consider myself a tech-savvy person.

Gus from Gus and Heidi 10X

Flock for Everyday User

Group as well as related personal communications are in one space. Particularly like getting away from social media platforms - keeps from having all your eggs in one basket.

Pros

Flock replaces email and makes communication almost instantaneous. Like any software product, it takes some getting used to – flow, process, etc.. Once we learned how to use Flock, it was easily integrated into our business process. "Data" sharing is an essential part of the Flock experience, especially where, for a group, access to shared information is concerned. Central point of contact also proves to be beneficial.

Cons

There's the thought of integrating a video component. Would one-stop-shop be a detriment in this case?

Mike Lester from Greenfield Development Corporation

People just Flock wherever there is FREE communication

My overall experience with Flock is that it is very simple to navigate and use. Entire team is already onboard and we are not relying on emails to communicate with ourselves and the external project team members.

Pros

What I really liked about Flock is its ability to be the centralized repository of all team / project communications without the boring part of setting up and configuring the entire application and infrastructure suite. It is like reliving the entire mIRC days but on a professional level. The entire collection of integrations to Flock is also growing and rivals that of Slack in the near future.

Cons

What I least liked about the software is that I am not yet able to utilize some tools that I use like Hippovideo which will be used for screencordings. Although I know it in the roadmap, I think this is but one of many reasons why people are still sticking to old reliable Slack.

Matthew from Lower Hudson Valley Younglife

Review of Flock

Pros

I love how easy it is to connect with teammates, sending them images, calling them, video chatting and so much more through one app, even without data.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Flock has more options for connecting and is much easier to navigate through.

Yorick from Media.net

I have been working for the company that created flock and i have seen it change over time.

The best benefit of this product is that when we create a chat group, there is an email id that gets created to use for that group. This is something that really benefits in working efficiently.

Pros

That i can find anybody in my company with their designation and team and extention number right in the head profile itself. Very few chat engines actually have the designation mentioned in them.

Cons

Hate that they have too many updates, like every 3-4 days i have to restart the platform. Also they don't have a archive feature where i can remove conversations that i don't need.

Gretchen from AIESEC in the Philippines

Industry: International Affairs

Gather Your "Flock" using Flock!

In AIESEC in the Philippines, we use this in our work since we believe in its functionality and organizing capacities. I do not forget the appointments that I set since Flock always remind me on when this activity will happen

Pros

In flock, you can easily incorporate and synchronized the necessary details in your company. When scheduling a meeting with your co-worker, Flock will automatically notify you of that certain meeting. In my case, Flock automatically saves the essential contacts that you need in order to work. This is a really helpful since I do not have to do it manually. Most importantly, I like the feature wherein the user can suggest the content that they want to see in the app that makes it inclusive to everyone.

Cons

What I do not like about this software is its design since it is not user-friendly. For me, the design can be further improve by using modern styles and aesthetics in order to enhance the functionality of the software. Sometimes, the software also lags and hangs which causes the users to be disinterested or not use the app anymore. If this will be improved, I believe that more people will utilize this app for their businesses since it is really helpful.

Punit from Takshashila Institution

Industry: Think Tanks

A useful team collaboration tool

Keeping it short - it has helped to save time in the group collaboration and hence has improved efficiency in the team.

Pros

In no time Flock became an essential tool for my team, not just a communication tool, but an overall performance enhancer. My favorite features of Flock were: 1. Very quick file sharing 2. Conference call feature 3. Quick poll option - very useful for all essential and non-essential decisions(eg. what food to order tonight) as well :p 4. Reactions to every message 5. Sub-groups can be created in the group with the option of keeping it public or private.

Cons

Well replying to messages was tedious. Being used to WhatsApp, this felt cumbersome at first but then they slowly improved on it. There is this slight difference in the app and desktop UI especially wrt using font formatting options like bold, italics, etc.

Peter from TVS Electronics

Communication at its easy best......

Flock satisfies our office needs with respect to communication and also cuts down on email usage.

Pros

Flock is like many collaboration and messaging software made awesome. Since its inception in our workplace, We don’t have to email everything . This has resulted in minimal time waste. Flock also incorporates many apps with your work tasks such as a to-do list. We can also create reminders, polls and notes. File Sharing feature is very useful. You can also create multiple teams (similar to WhatsApp). That’s not all, you can share your screen with the video call facility available. Just go for it!!!

Cons

I noticed many updates are being received. If you update, you tend to lose your previously pinned conversations. Sometimes, you get a feeling that flock looks too cluttered. Current user interface can definitely be improved.

Azeem from Neovibe

We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome.

Pros

Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are, 1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable. 2)Can create multiple teams. 3)Can create channels for projects. 4)File sharing. 5)Can create apps 6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons

The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

Geof from Sandbox Technologies, INc.

A good alternative to Slack

After the very simple and awesome HipChat, we needed a replacement. Flock works. The apps are easy to use, and again, love to see if a message was successfully sent and read. However, Flock is starting to get bloated. There is too many "feature" and options and tie-in and plugins. There is a whole bar of icons on the right I'd love to get rid of. Also, free version seem to allow anyone on the "team" to invite ANYONE (inside your company or not) to the chat and you can't turn this off without upgrading. HipChat was best, Stride was terrible. Flock and Slack are likely here to stay.

Pros

Easy to use, nice color scheme, small, quick. Love being able to see if a message was delivered and read.

Cons

Becoming very cluttered, I want a chat program to do just that, not try to be everything. I realize they're competing with Slack, but you don't have to make things cluttered. Dislike that free version has SO many limits on administration.

Md Zaid from Kaalbi Technologies Pvt Ltd

Works for start-up | Good Alternative of Slack

Pros

The beauty of this product is providing the exact same feature with unlimited integration which directly enables a path for startup guys. Some stage we don't want to spend money but we want a good stuff for the team, and that point this helps a lot. The feature which is enabled till the day is really awesome. Having a bunch of integration helps to keep tracking the status. Let's say your build stats, your social media stats (Having Facebook, twitter etc), your DevOps notification which is free of cost.

Cons

Team can work on UI as some time I get confused. Flock is now having ample of feature it's high time if they can plan for UI enhancement. Recently I have seen they enabled password earlier it was OTP based. OTP was good for verifying account but asking every time doesn't help to user.

Jay from Volansys Technologies

Used as organizational chat app

Downloading/Installing and Updating is super easy, Using flock is even easier. Integrations are easy to set up and work fine. So far so good, something which serves its purpose.

Pros

- Connecting and reconnecting based on internet availability - Online/Offline/Away Status based on activity - Notes feature is super effective and easy to use - Ability to edit or remove the message with super ease - Integrations with GitHub, Google Drive, Google Calander are up to point(Removes the need for extra apps or add-ons) - Files sharing and download

Cons

Everything does what I want it to so I did not find any area in my daily usage.

Sandra from Prince of Peace Family Ministries

Mostly great

Overall I like the features available and think there is plenty of different tools and features that are helpful for teams.

Pros

Being able to search through posts is EXTREMELY helpful. I don't really understand why this isn't a standard feature in other team messaging apps

Cons

Polls limit you to select an expiry time from a pre-selected menu of 1 hr, 2 hrs, 3 hrs, etc. That makes it difficult when it's 8:18am and you want it to end at 5pm. You have to either select 418pm, or 518pm. Not useful.

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Needed another platform to separate management chats from member chats. Also liked it had a search feature.

Michelle from Lewis and Palmer Benefits

Great Messaging System!

Wonderful. I use flock on my phone and iPad and computer and they all work perfectly.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for a company. You can add members who work there and take away once that leave the company easily. It helps with productivity as I do not need to get up and go down the hall to ask a coworker a questions. I can just Flock it to them.

Cons

The BOLD and ITALIC features don't work that well and there is no auto-correct or auto capitalization for the I in the program. The system could use a few upgrades in that sense. But, that is my only complaint as everything else is great.

Vishal from Aranca

Flock Review- Vishal Parekh

Its very user friendly, as the person can access the messages over mobile phone. Hence, we can reach out to the team 24*7. The survey/poll option helps in deciding the things with people's consent.

Pros

It can be used over mobile phone as well as desktop The survey/ poll options Better availability of icons & emojis

Cons

At times the messages do not pop-up Takes longer duration to start the application It should have a mandatory field to specify the team which the member is representing

Ease of communication

Every time I need to talk to my reporting head or team leader, I can point them on flock instead of having to go to their desk or can send files to them if needed very easily.

Pros

Flock offers a platform for communication that seems basic but has so many functionalities built into it. You can send documents, media, emojis, texts or share a to do list. For those who don't like to go through the painful experience of sending mails for official purposes, flock is the platform that helps the communication flow smoothly between the employees and employers.

Cons

Recently there's a limit added to the number of messages a free account can have and the old messages get deleted every time you get a new message. This means unintended loss of data for those who are using it.

Courtney from Optimum Chiropractic P.C.

Flock if great!

great for open parallel communication in the office.

Pros

This is a great tool for daily use in our office to keep communication open and everyone on the same page.

Cons

I have not come across anything that I dislike about this software yet.

i am not sure

Salim from Directi

I have been Flock since the past 3.5 years .Its a great software to communicate for work purpose xox

Fast . Simple to use. Free .

Pros

The software give you a Drawer options which saves the files in particular conversation. Its fast and whenever i miss a message or i am offline i get a mail notification at the end of day , so that i dont miss on important messages. Its simple to use both on mobile and pc.

Cons

It just has one problem , there are to many updates for it . That irritates a bit sometimes . Apart from this its Flawless