Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"User friendly, creates community and assists in obtaining information from team members quickly."
  • icon"I like how it is easy for my team to have converstaions and that I can have different channels."
  • icon"One of the most useful aspects of Flock is the ability to create and engage with various different channels seamlessly. This allows for more effective and efficient communication."
  • icon"Unable to set up to an Apple Watch. Or at least it would s difficult to do so."
  • icon"Sometimes I find myself missing notifications from Flock."
  • icon"You can't DM multiple people, hard to manage a lot of different conversations which we need a lot in our organization. There's parts of the UX that is just clunky and annoying."

Have you used Flock and would like to share your experience with others?

All Flock Reviews

Carsten

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Jeremy

Industry: Program Development

Streamline Communication and bring your team together!

With flock we set reminders during meetings when we need to circle back to a discussion. We have pinned posts that are important for the team to refer back to often. We have utilized the video chat room for offsite meetings.

Pros

Flock is easy to learn and utilize. It makes communicating with your team simple. We have people in the office and out of the office so keeping everyone on the same page can be a challenge. Flock helps us communicate throughout the week, stay on task and make sure everyone has the information they need readily accessible. There are two features that a previous company we had didn't offer. Flock offers a Do Not Disturb feature which has helped. You can also delete posts which is a benefit that other group messaging companies do not offer.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons yet. Our experience with Flock has truly been positive.

Reasons for switching to Flock

Stride was merging with another company. We took that opportunity to check out the market and discovered flock. We are glad we made the switch.

Kamal

October 2022

Flock review from a user

Pros

(1)Gives reminders and updates about virtual meetings without any integration(2)Manages groups and personal conversations seamlessly

Cons

Lack of search and filters in the groups and personal chats

Eric

Industry: Music

Leaves More to be Desired

We tried the paid version but we stick to the free version for what we need - it's really too much of a hassle to switch now

Pros

I like the user interface, it's clean and for the most part, works for what we need.

Cons

You can't DM multiple people, hard to manage a lot of different conversations which we need a lot in our organization. There's parts of the UX that is just clunky and annoying. I wish the chat would stay at the last viewed message, but it doesn't - so you're left scrolling up and figuring out where you left off.

Reasons for switching to Flock

This seemed like a better option - but long term it wasn't. We were looking for something more secure - but some UX things made this difficult or annoying which made a lot of our team not want to use it which hurt our productivity.

Jovana

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

Pros

I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

Cons

Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I tend to think that Slack is messy and I am looking for a cleaner and more transparent alternative.

Lindsay

Great for multi users

Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

Pros

This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

Cons

I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Reasons for choosing Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process but, I'm happy we did :)

Brooke

Not so bad

My company enjoys the ease of using Flock to communicate between our different buildings at work and between different departments for an easy and fast response to questions or issues

Pros

I like that you can share different things via flock like google docs, codes, etc.

Cons

You have to pay extra for them to save your messages-- frequently we lose past messages because they disappear after so long

Reasons for switching to Flock

Skype wasn't as professional as Flock is. Flock also has additional features that we liked.

Eva

Flock

We use it for interoffice communication so we don't always have to get up and go find a person. We message each other and some of have it on our phones as well so we are able to see our messages when we are away from the computer. It makes things easier and a lot more convenient.

Pros

It is easy to use, you can share files.

Cons

i don't know

Reasons for switching to Flock

First we had HipChat and it changed to Stride and then they said Stride was going away and suggested Flock as a replacement.

Kendra

Flock Review

Pros

I like that it is simple to understand and use. I also like that you can make groups and have private groups.

Cons

I don’t like the notification process, the email is a little much to remind me that I missed a message.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Those were more complicated.

Reasons for switching to Flock

This one was similar and easier to use for a large group

Matt

Collaboration in a Snap

We hoped to use this more per some direction from management, but was at the tail end of a COVID related run on remote work solutions which ultimately did not hold further on.

Pros

The ease of setup, sharing postings from various teams and chat functions were done quite well

Cons

There were not too many negatives we could find in our trial run.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Microsoft Teams needed far more cost, setup and systems we are not yet ready to migrate from.

Judith

Wonderful Product

This has been a real saving time saving issue because I can

Pros

This software replaced a cheap messaging program we used internally. It allows us to communicate desk to desk without having to leave an office which now that Covid is limiting mobility, this works well. I am able to select a couple of computers that are support staff and create a team message so I don't have to repeat the message to them separately. Something I just discovered is that this is a cloud based software so while I was out of the office I could still use my Flock program to communicate with the office because I had it loaded on a PC in my remote location and I had internet access. This saved me from having to VPN to the office to access my desktop Flock icon. I like that emoji's were added so text can have some feelings. I can reply to a specific post or I can generate a new reply. And there is so much more that is available in this software that we haven't used yet.

Cons

I would like to be able to have distinctive sounds assigned to specific computers so that when a message comes from a particular computer, there is a recognizable sound that I've assigned to that computer and I know then who it is from. The program minimizes and if I'm interviewing a tax client, I don't want to break the interview to review the message if I suspect it isn't immediately important.

Reasons for choosing Flock

We chose to use the free Flock service and it has been more than we ever expected!

Reasons for switching to Flock

unreliable - kept crashing and wasn't easy to reinstall

Darina

Online managementtool for engineers

Lack of managment options on older apps, like Skype, made us forced to search for a new app for communication. Flock poped up on google play store, so we tried it out. Avaible on both play store and apple store, we quickly reached our objective. Everyone in our firm uses it now.

Pros

Since the world is in hard situation, we rely on online communication for task managing within our firm. Flock is great program for that. Not only is there basic online chatting, but the program also has options for task assigment. This means, we are able to directly distribute the work, without need of worry of someone forgetting their work, since its always written there. We use github, google disk and drop box at our firm. This program is able to co-work with them, which makes it usage that much easier for us. The amount of space avaible, 5 GB per team on free trail, is greatly appreciated. Naturally, 20 gb per team for purchased program is more than enough for normal firm usage. For just 4,50 a month, you have 3 apps in one: online communication, cloud storage, task managment. Avaible in both google play store and apple store makes it convenient for our diverse use of software.

Cons

Lack of profile costumization options.

Lewis

Industry: Sporting Goods

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your buck!

Pros

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

Cons

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

Better bang for buck

Megan

Organized chaos

I am apart of a chairty educational group, we discuss many different ideas and it is with great ease to have the different chat groups to topics instead of one cluttered mess or overstocked email folder.

Pros

The option to be able to have different threads of topics in different chats and the option to add polls.

Cons

I have not yet experienced a con on this software

Reasons for switching to Flock

Better organization and face front

Siddharth

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Pros

1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock. 2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps. 3. Keyboard shortcuts. 4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos. 5. File sharing feature is superb. 6. Multiple organization capabilities. 7. Ability to create reminders.

Cons

1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Mike Lester

People just Flock wherever there is FREE communication

My overall experience with Flock is that it is very simple to navigate and use. Entire team is already onboard and we are not relying on emails to communicate with ourselves and the external project team members.

Pros

What I really liked about Flock is its ability to be the centralized repository of all team / project communications without the boring part of setting up and configuring the entire application and infrastructure suite. It is like reliving the entire mIRC days but on a professional level. The entire collection of integrations to Flock is also growing and rivals that of Slack in the near future.

Cons

What I least liked about the software is that I am not yet able to utilize some tools that I use like Hippovideo which will be used for screencordings. Although I know it in the roadmap, I think this is but one of many reasons why people are still sticking to old reliable Slack.

Azeem

We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome.

Pros

Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are, 1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable. 2)Can create multiple teams. 3)Can create channels for projects. 4)File sharing. 5)Can create apps 6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons

The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

Gretchen

Industry: International Affairs

Gather Your "Flock" using Flock!

In AIESEC in the Philippines, we use this in our work since we believe in its functionality and organizing capacities. I do not forget the appointments that I set since Flock always remind me on when this activity will happen

Pros

In flock, you can easily incorporate and synchronized the necessary details in your company. When scheduling a meeting with your co-worker, Flock will automatically notify you of that certain meeting. In my case, Flock automatically saves the essential contacts that you need in order to work. This is a really helpful since I do not have to do it manually. Most importantly, I like the feature wherein the user can suggest the content that they want to see in the app that makes it inclusive to everyone.

Cons

What I do not like about this software is its design since it is not user-friendly. For me, the design can be further improve by using modern styles and aesthetics in order to enhance the functionality of the software. Sometimes, the software also lags and hangs which causes the users to be disinterested or not use the app anymore. If this will be improved, I believe that more people will utilize this app for their businesses since it is really helpful.

Michelle