• icon"Recording videos and sending them to clients is fast and requires little bandwidth. The pricing is really good, considering how much storage capacity it allows."
  • icon"Loom is so easy to use, has an excellent support team, provides an open product map, and made our customers connect with us on a new level."
  • icon"I use it to record video sales letters, quick videos for my clients on board and it is really a good useful tool, recording and sharing a video makes it so easy."
  • icon"Loom recently limited its free version to 5-minute recordings. It forced me to upgrade my account before I really wanted to."
  • icon"NO SUPPORT WHATSOVER you have to look for it. I hate companies that dont provide support right away."
  • icon"There isn't much that I don't like about Loom. Occasionally, I will have some audio trouble, but that seems to be the case with any technology."

Browse all Loom Reviews

• Have you used Loom and would like to share your experience with others?

Janice

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Great video recording tool for a start

Samuel

October 2022

Engaging video tools for remote workers

My experience with Loom is excellent, for the purpose of document review and online collaboration it is far superior to Zoom which works best for conversational meetings and discussions.

Pros

A simple yet effective tool, I use Loom frequently as a way to provide educational videos to my colleagues in a way which is engaging and semi-interactive by being able to annotate and highlight documents in real time whilst they watch.

Cons

It would be better if it had a scheduling function for online meetings where participants could be invite to join via an invitation. However I am still relatively new to this tool so it might have this feature and I have just not found it yet.

Reasons for choosing Loom

I feel that Loom is better suited for updating documents and collaborating in real time, help with problem solving and explaining problems to remote colleagues with its superior screen sharing and editing features.

Reasons for switching to Loom

Loom is more interactive and suited to my video styles which focus more on document review and education than direct conversational meetings. Also with the NPO discount Loom is cheaper than Zoom.

Marco

Industry: Translation and Localization

Good product, but it currently lack 2 important features

Happy, but I was expecting much more.

Pros

It's very, very easy to create a video, even from your browser, once you install the extension. Just a few clicks.

Cons

At the time I'm writing (October 22) the search feature is case sensitive and doesn't search for substring. I.e. if you search for "cap" it doesn't find "Capterra". The other critical missing feature is sorting video. You can't sort videos in your dashboard, not even alphabetically. You have to resort to folders to organize your videos somehow. Another critical point is that sometimes it takes a long time to load a video. And occasionally, the GIF previews is not generated correctly and you get a broken link instead. I know (from support) they're working on this, so I expect at least this last glitch to be fixed very soon.

Reasons for switching to Loom

I needed a quick way to preview videos in the email and, as far as I know, Loom is the only tool on the market that automatically creates a GIF preview of your videos and makes inserting this preview into an email a piece of cake.

Raphaël

October 2022

Loom: quel autre intérêt que de d'avoir son visage intégré à la vidéo?

Décevante, le passage de la version gratuite à la version payante n'offre quasiment rien à part de rallonger la durée possible de vidéo et l'espace de stockage. La qualité est mauvaise. À part couper des bouts, rien n'est faisable en terme de montage (et ce n'est pas facile).

Pros

J'apprécie de pouvoir mettre le visage sur la vidéo quoique finalement cela peut déconcentrer l'acquisition de l'information

Cons

On sent un branding/marketing ultra puissant et derrière à l'utilisation : un logiciel qui n'a quasiment aucune fonctionnalité à part filmer son écran - chose faisable avec un compte Google - et héberger - chose faisable avec YouTube.

Rony Peterson

July 2022

A very simple and easy tool for screen recording

Loom is a good tool to make screen records and videos and upload automatically the videos without any command from the maker. For that, it is very handful to manage many videos. The price is very cheap and accomplishes the most basic needs for screen recording.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to make screen recordings and videos with this software. Also, there is no problem with worrying about uploading the videos because Loom does this without any action.

Cons

For its simplicity, some features are not so relevant for the users because they are on the desktop without the need for any software.

Reasons for choosing Loom

Because the cheap price and the recommendations from other users.

Reasons for switching to Loom

For trying other alternatives and using new platforms.

Kevin

November 2022

The days of using screenshots to tell a story are over

I use both the desktop app and browser extension to record videos from my desktop. Being in the IT business, I am constantly taking screenshots to explain things to my clients and my own team. Loom ended that because their easy-to-use screen recording software makes screenshots redundant. The free version limits you to 5 min recordings, but the business option allows longer recordings and team folders where shared recordings can be accessed. Once you have taken a recording, you can easily copy the URL and share it with internal and external people or embed it in a website, knowledge base or email. Recipients can comment on the video if you dont disable that feature and Loom shows metrics about views. Loom is super helpful for communicating ideas with people and is much faster and more effective than typing. Its also a great communication aid for remote teams.

Pros

Loom is a great way to make and share short video messages (talking head and screenshare). It is super helpful to explain complicated ideas to colleagues and clients in a far more effective and efficient way than typing long emails and pasting in screenshots. If I was able, I would use Loom to review Loom.

Cons

Video editing options (post recording) are limited but Loom are adding features regularly

Carly

Industry: Music

November 2022

A Great Video Tool for Fast & Clear Collboration!

Overall I highly recommend Loom Video! It's a really nifty tool that is definitely utilized in this modern world of phones and Zoom. I really don't like setting up, planning, and sitting on Zoom for hours and this replaces that when it's really not necessary. I also deal with a lot of people overseas and this works so well for sharing work ideas with them when we can't talk regularly. Plus you can watch the video over and over so to me it's actually a more information way to present info to people. It's a really great idea and the execution is just a good. It's a product I use almost daily and will continue to use it and recommend it to anyone collaborating with others for work!

Pros

I really love the overall concept of Loom! It makes it really easy to send videos back and forth to people or teams you're working with, so you can adequately convey your message without the need for long video calls. The platform is also super simple to use which makes the whole process easier.

Cons

The only thing I would say about Loom is that I wish it was a little bit better on the mobile phone. It's awesome on your laptop but maybe it could be quicker and easier there.

Steve

November 2022

A very important tool for us - We love it!

Fantastic! I don't think I've needed to contact support so I can't comment on that but the platform has been a fantastic experience to use!

Pros

The ease of use has to be the number one thing I love about Loom. Its so quick and easy to capture a video in any capacity I want from full microphone and live video to no mic, no camera, just the screen recording. Then it gives you the link and copies it automatically - everything about Loom is so easy to use and makes screen recordings so much faster.

Cons

A couple bugs I've seen such as the copy GIF feature doesnt always work or the download button won't show up unless you refresh the page. But these are very insignificant in my opinion because you can just refresh the page and it fixes it. Everything else has been excellent!

Reasons for switching to Loom

QuickTime isn't really another "product" but that is the old way I had to do it to screen record then upload that video somewhere. Loom is just significantly easier, more features, and better to use.

Pascal

Great Tool for Team Communication and Screen Recording

Loom remains my personal favorite for recording videos and making visual illustrations. I love it the simplicity plus it is very affordable.

Pros

What I love most about Loom is that it has a simplistic interface and it is incredibly easy to use, especially when it has to do with screen recording. It's my favorite tool for teleconferencing and team meetings because I can record my face and screen at the same time.

Cons

I don't remember disliking anything about Loom. Except for a time when I had mistakenly closed the app while recording, I was hoping that it would 'auto-save'. It was a one time experience tho, it's not enough reason to dislike anything about it.

Alex

October 2022

Una gran herramienta que te va a ahorrar tiempo de escribir largos emails.

Muy buena, lo he usado para muchas cosas, equipo, clientes, hasta familia. Muy recomendable.

Pros

La facilidad de uso y que puedas aplicar el branding de tu marca y que el receptor no hace falta que se descargue ninguna herramienta ni nada para poder el vídeo. El tracking de las visualizaciones también se agradece para saber cuándo y cuantas veces han visto tus vídeos.

Cons

Me gustaría poder tener más tiempo de grabación y capacidad de almacenamiento para la versión free.

Noud

Easy Screen Recording

We are using Loom to record software guides; a visual walkthrough helps our customers manage their software themselves.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and integrates with Google Chrome.

Cons

Recently they changed their free tier to a five-minute limit.

Reasons for choosing Loom

Easy to use as a Chrome extension but also via the Windows App.

Lauren

Industry: Chemicals

November 2022

Great tool to communicate with others!

Pros

This is a unique way to communicate with prospects. While emails often get deleted, a video creates a personal touch. Our insurance agents used them to communicate with prospects and to send over renewals. Email notifications that let you know that the video was viewed helped the agents strategize their sales strategy.

Cons

I have no cons about this software. It was a great addition to our agency.

Jeheen Mahmood

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best screen recorder for 99% people

I only used the free plan, but I never felt I needed a paid version, the free plan was that good. It covered everything a regular screen recorder might want from an easy to setup solution. Loom doesnt offer advanced video editing options. But that is actually a plus for me as I know nothing of video editing and many other apps scared me off with their sliders and buttons and frames. I am a simple maker who knows his strengths and Loom helped me in playing those strengths. I frequently used Loom for a quick screen grab for my employees and clients showing what I need and do. I later loaded the videos in my Youtube for marketing and easier distribution where network is poorer.

Pros

This is an app that you cant break. You can run it on a barely running PC, low on ram, processing power, poor or NO internet and it will still run, without any error. If it was a superhero, it would be Superman! This is the easiest app that I have used for screen recording - I make instructional videos for my remote employees and content marketing. It runs on and off browsers and can save offline recording. Has very easy to use controls. Loom gives you 1 hour of recording on free plan which is simply generous, while many others give you 5-10 minutes. They have basic analytics for free plan and it is enough for many people.

Cons

There is simply nothing I did not like about Loom. For advanced users and video editors, Loom would feel too vanilla as there is little editing options. But Loom is not for advanced editing, it is for swift screen recording and does that superbly.

Reasons for choosing Loom

Both Filmora and Camtasia are great apps. But they are both rather pricy and have too many advanced functions for my need and skills, I was overwhelmed.

Reasons for switching to Loom

Screencastify had a limit of video duration that was too restrictive.

June 2022

Loom is the original and still the best by leaps and bounds.

From using the free version when they first released their product, to now paying for the professional version, I am constantly impressed. It is a vital part of how we provide support to our clients.

Pros

After trying every other option out there, from Bonjoro, Vimeo Record, and Dropbox Capture, desktop software like Snagit and Camtasia, and other similar pieces of software, Loom stands head and shoulders above all of them. It is simple to record, the video is uploaded quickly, the processing is ridiculously fast, the editing is faster than I have seen and it does what it says on the box.

Cons

Sometimes the webcam and the sound is a little out of sync.

Reasons for switching to Loom

I wanted something simple and effective that didn't slow down responses and that the recipient didn't really have to think.

AJ

Can't beat the price (It's FREE) LOL but will be upgrading to a paid account soon!

Makes it easier and faster to communicate with clients and teammates, a picture is worth a thousand words well a video is worth a million words. Saves a ton of time and clients love video presentations especially vs long borrowing emails. Also helps build relationships with clients in today's world everything seems to be done by phone, text or email this puts a face to the name,

Pros

It's FREE but also since I have been using LOOM they continue to improve even on the paid version, it has features that other charge $50 per month or more. Looms Pro paid plan is only $8-$10 a month so will be upgrading soon.

Cons

Just wish I was able to integrate with my CRM or via Zapier, I have to do more research as perhaps this is a feature on other plans.

Reasons for choosing Loom

Loom is FREE and although BomBomb is a great product and has a tons of features they were a bit redundant to my CRM so I didn't need all those features and didn't want to pay more for features I didn't need or already had with my CRM. If you don't have a CRM then you could make the case for BombBomb as then it is well worth the money as a CRM with Video Email.

Ed

June 2022

Affordable, simple and effective screen recording software

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and share videos with clients and team mates

Cons

Limited features compared to more robust platforms

Price and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Loom

More features and easier to use and share videos

Jeff

I Love This Application

Application, add-in, software, Life-changing thingy . . . call it what you will, Loom has changed my life and could very well yours, too. I'm serious. I use Loom not only for teaching, which has made a huge difference in my effectiveness--especially with online teaching, but also for communication with any number of people in my role as a Dean in higher education. People actually think I know what I'm talking about and think that I'm effective when all I do is use Loom. Very few products or services are this user friendly and this consequential in delivering on outcomes that matter. Use Loom; you won't regret it, and it might just change your life.

Pros

Ease of Use; functionality to organize videos online; length of videos even in the free version.

Cons

That you have to pay to get premium features, now (they used to be revolutionary in that you didn't have to pay for it) and that unlike Jing, you can't just drag and capture whatever you want--it's either your screen of the application in you're in.

Reasons for switching to Loom

Ease of use, length of videos, Chrome functionality, doesn't require Flash.

Csaba

Awesome app that helps you boost your communication with clients

Pros

Very easy to use and pretty reliable. The competitors offer lower quality in general while working with Loom feels like a professional tool. I really like the core concept and it works perfectly: just hit record on your desktop and when you are done, it's already on the cloud and ready to be sent in an email or Slack message. I use Loom whenever I need to add clarity to the files I'm sending. When I send designs to clients or team mates, I'll make them watch a Loom recording so that they get the full picture. However, I discovered more and more cases to use Loom - pretty much whenever an email is not enough to get the message across.

Cons

There were some minor flaws with the tool but recently (in the last year) I didn't really experience any bugs or issues with the connection. I guess the only thing they could improve is to hide the avatar/video by default since if I don't want to record myself using the camera, I don't see a lot of point in having my avatar visible in the bottom-left corner. I need to get rid of that each time I launch the tool.

Reasons for switching to Loom

Because I had to record and upload the videos separately. Quicktime provides great quality, but I needed to use Youtube so that I can share it with the recipients. No read notifications, the process is slower and more time-consuming and I completely spammed my youtube account with random work-related videos.

Connie