What are Miro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Miro software through verified user reviews

• icon"Clean: just what you need, where you need it. Collaborative: you can easily integrate your teammates."
  • icon"I like that it gives you the freedom to do whatever you like with the space."
  • icon"Good for brainstorming and team working and collaboration and community based."
  • icon"Some interaction design in this software is very difficult to use, specially the font and color. Artboard works in a unique (and bad) way."
  • icon"If you don't lock the sticker or frames, you can mess it up. The copy and paste process for images take so long occasionally."
  • icon"Some of the shortcuts are confusing, but you'll soon get over it."

Browse all Miro Reviews

• Have you used Miro and would like to share your experience with others?

Jonathan

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Nur

June 2022

A unique service for post-it lovers.

Pros

The most suitable application for you to get the job done remotely in project and joint idea storms. Besides all the features of the app, I have to admit that it really gives me joy. As someone who loves colorful post-its, we happily gather on miro in every group work. Whenever I recommend it to someone, I get very good feedback.

Cons

I often get a lot of questions from my friends that I recommend during the first use. An interface that could provide more on-the-fly support to beginner users would certainly be great. I can't wait for more temples to come.

Darya

March 2022

One of the best softwares Ive ever used!

My experience with Miro has been amazing so far. Will continue to use it and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for something similar.

Pros

It is a fantastic software if you work in a team and need to collaborate and do creative work with your teammates. It makes collaboration so easy as it has a lot of features which are really easy to learn and get the hang of.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about Miro to be honest. It has everything my teammates and I need for our projects.

Silvia

the tool that is best for anything!

Pros

I love miro for collaborative working, drawing quick prototypes of an idea, mind mapping, brainstorming ideas, and easily putting them together after all. The most I like about this software is that helps me to facilitate better any workshop or working group and it helps me keep all the ideas and work in the same place.

Cons

It would be great to be able to change the board easier, now I have to go back to the list of boards and open another one. It would be great to have a 'beautifier' feature to resize everything at the same scale, not all of us are designers or good at organizing things, and can become pretty hard to find things.

Maszni

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro has a digital whiteboard that we really need to make the online discussion session more meaningful.

Denise

June 2022

Excellent experience in collaborative work

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Reasons for switching to Miro

My team and clients love Miro's ability to quickly create and share process diagrams and designs. It's been quite beneficial to having a method through which we can discuss and arrange our work in a straightforward manner. Because it doesn't need any prior understanding of diagramming or mind mapping, it's been helpful to my colleagues as well!

Brainstorming tool

We have an awesome experience. It’s the tool we use for department brainstorming. It really helps organize ideas and also, collaborate.

Pros

Since we started using it, it was mainly for collaboration as a brainstorming software. It actually allows me and my team to regroup out ideas in very creative ways. It really feels like we are in front of a white board using post-it, even though we are all working from behind our computer.

Cons

It is highly necessary to get used to how it works. The usage is complicated for first time users.

April 2022

Fast Workflow tool for distance co-working

Very useful tool when working with Post Degree colleagues.

Pros

The GUI is very clear so everyone can know how to proceed on the programed task for a project.

Cons

Is not very popular so not everyone knows how to use it.

Ana

Industry: Architecture & Planning

February 2022

Easy to use if you have used sticky note brainstorming before

Pros

The ability to have collaborate idea sharing and brainstorming remote is so important with remote teams, and this product does this. The other features like idea surveying or voting support this main feature of remote brainstorming but are not robust. The program tries to offer different ways of collaborating and most of the methods are simple and intuitive to use by a range of users who may have varying technical skills

Cons

I wish the program didn’t cater so much to people with lesser tech skills and had some More robust sketching features. It can also just sometimes seems clunky as the file gets bigger and slows down or glitches out. It’s easy t get lost in space

Melissa

May 2022

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Whether you're using Windows, Mac, or mobile devices, it's a breeze to set up. The program may be used in a browser without the need to download anything. Annotations and shapes are available on this user-friendly board. They have a lot of options.

Jakub

March 2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Reasons for choosing Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Featureset and user interface.

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do. I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Reasons for switching to Miro

All those apps I used before are just so clunky and restrictive. They are like an old-fashioned schoolteacher that wants you to work in a formal and 'enterprisy' way. No matter that every release that I hoped for some kind of flexibility, but alas, it was not to happen, I gave up on them many times.

Kelly M

May 2022

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Since using Miro, we are now able to give our clients a clear picture of our overall business strategy using this great tool.

December 2021

Well designed and easy to use

Pros

Intuitive. Collaboration is very easy. There are some excellant templates for business processes

Cons

Missing some engineering style templates. Lack of integration with Visio. No easy way to import Visio diagrams.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Visio did not provide the collaborative/cloud platform required

Ricardo

May 2022

Our tool of choice for visual collaboration - a must have in education and training

Miro is awesome. We have been using it to demonstrate different concepts in online workshops to co-workers and also to share knowledge with our K-12 students. The level of interaction and engagement is the cornerstone of a product that enables you and your team to work cohesively and share ideas in a visual manner.

Pros

Here we are in love with Miro: It is easy to use, has a wide arrange of tools to convey ideas and has plenty of templates for specific purposes. Being platform agnostic warrants a great experience across devices and operating systems. The tools to collaborate make it an indispensable app for teachers and trainers. We are quite pleased with the fact that the Support team (Miro Academy) is always organizing training events to cover the basics and also advanced tools. The Miroverse community is also very helpful and we all get to share templates and tools with the rest of the users.

Cons

Not a con, but something that may annoy some people is that the text tool is a bit limited. From the selection of typefaces to the inability to format specific parts of the text, the tool feels lacking. Another factor to consider (not a con, per see) is that Miro is better used when you have an idea of what is it that you want from it and you organize your content accordingly. The fact that this has an infinite canvas lends to chaos if you do not plan ahead.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro is platform agnostic and is more sharing-friendly. Collaboration is a breeze too.

Lucas

February 2022

Ótimo para organização de quadros e ideias

No geral, minha experiência com o Miro é ótima, pois com ele consigo criar quadros e fluxo de ideias para organizar os projetos e os setores da empresa. Cada setor possui sua área no quadro da empresa, onde são realizados os planejamentos durante as reuniões dos setores. A delegação de tarefas para cada membro do setor é realizada através de post-its do Miro. Enfim, desde que começamos a utilizar o Miro os planejamentos de cada setor ficam mais transparentes para a empresa toda. A facilidade de edição e criação de quadros coloridos e inovadores é o que me cativa cada vez mais em continuar utilizando o software.

Pros

O que mais se destaca positivamente, no meu ponto de vista, é a infinidade de possibilidades que se pode criar com as ferramentas disponibilizadas. Os post-its podem ser reduzidos a um tamanho minúsculo e lidos com o zoom na tela, o que faz com que o quadro não fique poluído com post-its ocupando espaço. Além disso, as formas e setas disponíveis permitem criar variações de quadros e fluxo de ideias muito interessantes. Outro ponto que gosto muito do Miro é a possibilidade de ver o cursor das pessoas que estão editando o quadro em tempo real.

Cons

O que pode ser considerado como um ponto negativo do Miro é o seu elevado consumo de memória do computador, o que causa a demora ao iniciar o software e alguns travamentos durante o uso.

Gonzalo

February 2022

The most versatile board tool

The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Cynthia

Now I Can't Live Without It

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Reasons for switching to Miro

I felt like not only did Miro offer mind mapping elements, but in many ways it was easier to use, since I could connect other elements (like stickies, shapes, etc.) to one another easily. There were also so many other features to Miro that simply weren't included in something like MindNode.

Tom

May 2022

An intuitive tool for collaboration and canvassing

Overall, we are keen advocates of Miro. It has helped us to run more effective workshops without relying on endless physical post-it notes, and to collaborate effectively despite having a distributed workforce and client base.

Pros

Miro empowers us to run more effective client and internal workshops, whether wholly in-person, virtually or hybrid. Miro’s broad range of templates and canvassing tools allows us to focus on delivering client value.

Cons

Though recent product updates have included the introduction of a voting function, a broader range of interactive features would help us to better engage audiences and provide more impressive workshop experiences.

Reasons for choosing Miro

Miro has integrations to a number of other products in our tech stack (notably Monday.com and Microsoft Teams).

Negin

One man show

Pros

I do all my work with Miro. When we start a project, we write the brief with it. We make a persona with it and create a user journey map. We do all team interactions on Miro. We use it to manage tasks. I recommend it to everyone. It is a potent tool.

Cons

Sometimes when I share my screen on Skype or Zoom, the screen moves slowly, and I have trouble zooming in or out.

Reasons for switching to Miro

I preferred to use one tool instead of several

December 2021

Makes Product Management Easy

Pros

I'm using Miro daily to communicate with my stakeholders and my designing team. It gives me to freedom to create simple yet on-point designing choices to create my own workflow and wireframes. Can't live without Miro.

Cons

Sharing is a problematic sometimes, especially stakeholder or a co-worker doesn't have any experience with Miro, so sometimes finding myself to on-board my invited users.

Manabu

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Way to Visually Collaborate and Link to Specific Spots in a Page

We have some basic need to communicate the UI designs in our web-based app we are developing and doing this visually, dynamically across our plant is essential in the speed and accuracy of development as well as having the history as we are in a most highly regulated Healthcare industry.

Pros

We really like the way to visually collaborate among our develop team members. This so far is the most advanced in many drawing type products I have used before. Also enormously powerful is that about any object on the page can have a link. This means that I can pin-point and lead people to the specific spot or from another page when the pages get huge.

Cons

Sometimes the product slows down when we have many objects on the page. The "app" is great, but it is hard to use with multiple oAuth accounts. There seems to be no effortless way of completely logging out of one oAuth account. We had the same issue on our own app we developed, so this is a common issue, but that must be addressed.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Many of our team members liked this better. Adobe XD is an excellent product but exceedingly high learning curve and pricing. We are still and must use all of them, but for team collabs we are happy with Miro.

Tracy

Easy collaboration with Miro

Pros

Miro is a great tool for teams to easily create just about anything - from diagrams, to flow charts to story boarding and more. Teams can contribute to a single board and add comments and build together. Teams can move, delete, add objects and texts very easily using Miro.

Cons

It takes a little more time than I would like to get comfortable with Miro. I had to ask a colleague to show me the main features when I first started.

Reasons for switching to Miro

PowerPoint was not as flexible and did not provide collaboration options.

May 2022

Deep thinking tools for collaborative teams

Even though visually, it can be improved, the tool itself deserves to be praised for what it offers to team. Brainstorming is now fun and productive at the same time.

Pros

We discovered Miro through one of our client. We tried it with a small group, and ended up using it for all our brainstorming meetings. It is like suing a white boards and post-it but online and collaboratively. It was a game-changing software during all the pandemic time. Up to now, we are still using our miro boards to reflect on changes we want to bring, and take decisions.

Cons

Visually, it's not the most attractive UX for a collaborative software.

Reasons for switching to Miro

We used to do customer journey, brainstorm etc, on mindmup back in 2018. The UX/UI wasn't great I have to say. And it was painful to use.

Richard

Daily Miro user

Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros

It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Reasons for choosing Miro

Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features

Miro's video chat functionality