• Pros

• "It's the BEST of its type, really love this app. Is realtime, collaborative, with a gorgeous User Experience, free plan... I could talk like this for hours! Really recommended!"

• "It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds."

• "This product is really easy to use, has had a load of ongoing development and developer are really keen to take on suggestions. "

• Cons

• "Kanban boards are rather bulky to handle and the idea of placing them onto the board is sort of contraintuitive, but it works."

• "Sometimes, there are hiccups when navigating around the canvas. Other than that, the tool is simply amazing"

• "I sometimes get a bit lost with it - not sure where to start. The templates are a bit helpful - but they are also a bit basic. I end up copy/pasting parts of them a lot."

Browse Miro Reviews

Maszni from Astro

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has a digital whiteboard that we really need to make the online discussion session more meaningful.

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard

Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros

Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons

It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro has a better whiteboard support and easy access from mobile device.

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions Slow pace of feature development No offline capabilities

Syamir from Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah Klang

Flexible digital whiteboard

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Any.do don't have feature for whiteboard and we have to switch to Miro to use this feature.

Jonathan from Stupak Las Vegas

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team - Great integrations with my other main tools - Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me" - Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model - Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Reasons for Choosing Miro

The designers I follow were using Miro and they just have more educational content showing off their product. Also they have a generous free forever tier as opposed to a trial only.

Super quick to learn and get value.

From day 1, this product has solved so many issues for me in tra slating and collaborating with clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use even for the most non tech oriented. Easily map out ideas, translate complex ideas into actionable images... it's a blank canvas. Virtual whiteboarding at its best.

Cons

The Asana integratuion isn't ideal but I think it's more Asana's limited API so no big points off for that.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Needed something more approachable and cross platform/device to vcater to multiple clients.

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Fantastic, I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love that it allows multiple people to see what we are working on. It's great for a variety of functions like mind mapping, brainstorms, and flow documentation for applications.

Cons

Nothing really except would love to recovered deleted teams boards.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Freehand didn't have enough features and customizations that Miro had.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Batterii was too clunky, slow, and was overly complex.

Terrific idea management software

Overall, a terrific experience that allowed our team to move ideas around in novel ways, leading to interesting new findings.

Pros

My team used Miro primarily to aggregate ideas from disparate teams we were working with. Miro served as a much needed upgrade from a shared document where ideas would get lost, never to be found again as the document grew and grew. We really appreciated how easy it was for guest users to join us, and they found the basics to be quite intuitive. We were productive within five minutes of the other teams joining.

Cons

Given the smaller scope of our project, we did not run into many issues with deploying Miro. My primary desired feature would be a more comprehensive export-to-spreadsheet option, but the logistics of developing that are no doubt challenging.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Previous history having used Miro, guest users, free Education account, super versatile.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Needed a better way to visualize information - needed the space to move around!

Megan from PatientPartner

Can't imagine our company without it

Pros

We love how easy it was to get started on the software. The features are very intuitive to use and start drafting flowcharts and organizing thoughts quickly. We love the templates the most because it helps inspire us to use the tool for more than just flowcharts.

Cons

The only thing would be the way we are able to organize the boards. If we could have a more robust filing and organizing system.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Zen Flowchart was perfect for when we were getting started, but the features are way too simple for what we needed.

The missing piece for remote

Pros

They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons

The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Jamboard is just that, a whiteboard. Is not very well polished in my opinion. Miro shows a great care for details and getting the UX right. The feature set is very complete and the UX quite obvious, to the point that the time and effort from onboarding to producing actual debate is minimal.

Veljko from Zuhlke Engineering

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Trello is pretty limiting in terms of organizing ideas, collecting notes etc - every input has to conform to the column, it has to come in specific order, with only text visible (as far as I know). When collecting inputs, it's important for people to feel unconstrained, and our experience shows that we got much more honest responses via Miro.

Anthony from Darien Public Schools

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Spartak from Dodo Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain. Miro help me to: 1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product 2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions) 3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time 4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel 5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references. New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time. It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros

So lets start with what I like: 1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies 2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing 3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons

Cons: 1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved. 2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

The best in shared whiteboards

Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros

As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done. It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons

Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at. Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

functionality

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Neither of the other options work outside meetings.

The best organizer

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Miro is far more convinient for that type of content I regularly have to deal with.

Predrag from Etik Sales Excellence

Industry: International Trade and Development

Consultant using Consultant plan

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards. Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board. Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants. I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution. There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I explained in Pros. section. Mostly because of Shared screen options...

Jack from Maynooth University

Teams experience

Overall really positive its made collaboration on design projects while working remotely a breeze. Almost good enough to replace F2F if i'm honest. I've recommended Miro to a few people think it would be great if it integrated with MS teams too in an ideal world but even still a great stand-alone tool.

Pros

Love the tools available overall. So easy to get started on a design project and collaboration is slick and painless. Also a little detail i like is that when you paste a link onto a board it appears as a little window instead of just a messy link, really nice little detail.

Cons

The whole teams system could do with a change. Its very messy at the moment, especially using the free version when you can only edit 3 boards in a team at once. Who owns boards isn't always obvious and it seems like the Just Me section isnt working properly (for me at least) as I am seeing everybody's boards instead of just my own

Reasons for Switching to Miro

This was may more versatile and allowed for greater collaboration, even just using the free version with limited boards, it was still a better experience than google's products

Matt from SPS Commerce

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Miro is Awesome!

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Ilija from Always Vertical

Vital To How We Collaborate

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. " Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Randy from Atlantic BT

Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely

I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this: - The results are much neater than live sessions - It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods). - It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros

My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons

Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool

I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros

I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons

I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

Vinicius from Qualyteam

Enhanced canvases

I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pros

Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Cons

The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

Catalina from HubTec

Brainstorming tool

Miro is a great app to work collaboratively with partners to discuss new ideas or materialize process and networks

Pros

I like the versatility it has to work alone or in collaboration with colleagues or outsiders. It's very intuitive and easy to use for brainstorming sessions. Great tool. Mind maps are also easy to use

Cons

The format options could be included in a toolbar or an upper bar in order to easy customize the shapes/comments/figures/etc

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Broad options to work with

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Because it was a downloaded app and did't allow you to work online with others. Complicated and no t user friendly

Peter from LetsBuild

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros

It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons

It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years

A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pros

Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal. All the tools work as you expect, every detail has been thought out, every rough edge and interruption to FLOW has been removed. I can't emphasize enough how smooth the flow is and the fact that I have had ZERO "wtf are you doing?!" moments using the tool - rare for me because I am exceptionally demanding and impatient with my tools. One of the best software products I've used in years. Thanks guys.

Cons

If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

Max from Geenio

Awesome tool to visualize your concepts

It's awesome! Great tool, one really needs to visualize complex concepts, processes and structures. We used it to create MVP of trainings, manage our Product team roadmap, design R&D processes and many-many more other difficult-to-tackle projects.

Pros

- Ease of use is stunning. It's so cool how native is your experience with the editor - they detect the touchpad and optimize editing for that. Awesome! - Pre-built templates helps to start conceptualize, instead of bothering with bells and whistles of graphics - The endless board is amazing - you can keep lots of stuff in different forms (mind maps, hierarchies, Customer Journeys) that is related to the same thing together.

Cons

- Sometimes "clever" positioning of elements works not in the way I would expect, but I guess it's something I just haven't got used to. I suppose it's rather minor inconvenience. - Guys, you have to do something with your onboarding - it's way to annoying for people, who just logged in to view the board someone invited them to. I would need to click away from 3 pop-ups to just see the board. If you manage to fix it - your tool will be perfect!

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Ease of use and reasonable pricing.

Leon from Nice Industridesign AS

RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration

In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry. Thank you!

Pros

RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow. It is: • Intuitive and hassle-free to use • Lightweight and available everywhere • In rapid development—constantly improving the core product I use it for: • Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis • Collaboration with other designers on my team • Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients • The remote-work version of everything above • Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Cons

On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard. However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

Yan from CDK

Great product

My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pros

I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Cons

I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

Simply the best collaboration tool out there

I've joined a new company and have been using a board to gather thoughts, data, ideas and slowly growing and maturing my view on the problem I'm looking to solve into a mini presentation using the 'frames' features. It's just so darned versatile, I love it.

Pros

Works across all your devices. Super simple to get started, but with enough depth to get intricate and detailed. Ability to import and save screenshots, pdfs and presentations. The ever growing list of templates are fantastic to structure thoughts.

Cons

The file size limit on individual images uploaded to your board isn't big enough to accommodate larger images - but resizing the image makes that possible so no biggie. Sometimes snapping to elements can be helpful, other times it's annoying.

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

Fast and Modern solution for team work

Wonderful experience. I am always very satisfied after working in Miro with my team, because it feels like we manage to get a lot done. Now with the whole Covid-19 situation and that we had to adapt and work 100% online, Miro saves us a lot of emails and unnecessary communication.

Pros

Everything in Miro looks polished, accessible and is super easy to use. I do feel that the creators put an effort to create a great user experience. My team and I use Miro to brainstorm ideas together. It is fascinating to see in real time how people create, delete and edit tiny details of the puzzle until everything falls into place. One feature that I love particularly much is the ability to include screenshots in your boards and also use their Chrome extension that make is even easier and faster to get any image online and put it in your brainstorming board. I also like the History where I can track the changes that others have made if I miss a meeting and the ability to make people follow your cursor, so that you can bring their attention to a certain area without having to verbally navigate them.

Cons

I like the tool a lot. BUT I've noticed that not everyone finds it as intuitive as I do. Often times I would see my colleagues doing things the hard way and losing time in tasks that are supposed to be easy and fast. The cause for this I think is that they haven't followed the tutorial, so that they know better. I believe Miro team could think in direction of improving the tutorial so that all people follow it and don't have to guess how things are to be done.

Manasa from Ostschweizer Fachhochschule, Switzerland

Ease of use

Astounding

Pros

Steep learning curve Feel at home instantly Get the feeling of using physical post-its

Cons

None. Everything is perfect. Although I find scrolling and zooming in and out in mural a bit better.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I found this easier to use

Michael from Government Administration

It's currently the best on the market!

Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there. Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros

Cons

The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand. When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times. On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience. (NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

Brad from Motion Media, LLC

A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!

Pros

There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

Simple but powerful

It’s been a pleasure to be able to share a link to a Miro board and bring together a group of collaborators for a brainstorming or work session. When inviting new users to a board there’s very little introduction to the tools functionality necessary, it’s that intuitive for most.

Pros

A great mix of powerful functionality, but without a big learning curve. Easy to setup and quickly collaborate with others. Provides access to a bunch of templates or start with a blank canvas. Speaking of canvas, it provides a near infinite canvas to bring your ideas together.

Cons

This is not a tool to produce final deliverables, rather, it’s a tool to quickly throw images, diagrams, stickies, data grids and more together to generate or document ideas.

Christophe from Coradam/Ionaute

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Miro - One of my essential tool

One day as I was trying to put many ideas and document in order, I thought about a system with an infinite whiteboard. I typed in the research on google and out of magic, RealTime Board (Miro's former name) came up. I downloaded it and I was instantly convinced this was exactly what I needed.

Pros

Great tool for brainstorming or throwing ideas here and there, knowing that one day you will need them without knowing exactly when or why. I use Miro for many things such as wireframes for websites or solution building, mind mapping or sometimes even to create infographics. I use it a lot for my pitch decks as well.

Cons

Since RealtimeBoard changed to Miro, it gained a lot in features but somehow start being a bit confusing. It is still very intuitive but yet something seems off and I am not so sure why. Both RealtimeBoard and Miro lack of a nice branding (IMO). Although the interface is nice and the overall atmosphere seems quite friendly, it still feels cold and it doesn't really pushes me to use the software more often. As a counter-example, I use Canva and Freshbooks a lot and while both are solving tasks that I really dislike (pitches and accounting), I really enjoy using their tool. And that's, for me the biggest low point of Miro.

The BEST visual planning tool ever

The best tool to plan and organize things visually.

Pros

Miro is so flexible. I can plan and organize almost anything visually. The recent addition of the Kanban board makes the tool complete.

The visual aspect

Merlin from Capita

Best in class digital collaboration tool

My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros

infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons

Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Widest selection of functions and features, easiest to add new team members and guest users.

Lorna from Love My Job

An office space that looks like my brain

Very exceiting and inspiring to be part of a large group working the board. I could only sit on a sticky and marvel. Very instructive.

Pros

I love being able to have whole projects mapped out, that can then be shared with others and collaborated on instantly. I love the scale - each board at least as capacious as the largest boardroom table, or sticky wall. And I love having access to everything, for reference, tinkering, or as a presentation aide, on me, on my phone. lastly, as an ADD creative type, it's all in one place, laid out to a visual spec. Wonderful.

Cons

I haven't found any problems yet, I'm confident that with the tutorials there will be few.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Its familiar to me, from always having presented IRL on a table, with boards or slides.

Jennifer from Orange Bus

Brilliant resource for just about everything in UX and UX research

Miro has solved the problem we have had was our team has grown but our meeting room space has not... We can keep our post it note analysis in one place. We have also used it to share our work, sketches and communicate with our clients. It's overall been a real help to communication both internally and with external clients.

Pros

Absolutely love this software. I started out using it only as a digital post-it note board so my team could do thematic analysis together remotely. After using it for a month or so, we started using it as a planning tool as well, and have used it to create service blueprints, journey maps and to keep the team all in one place.

Cons

Honestly the only thing I can think of is that it's not easy to find out how to increase the width of lines. Otherwise I love it!

Walid from Febe

The best collaboration tool ever

I would work for free to keep this company flourishing

Pros

Realtime board team made the tool so simple and convenient that you would never feel the barrier of using a software. It's like you literally writing on a board. Only difference...it's much better and convenient. They come up with valuable features everyday. Impressive team!

Cons

I really don't see any. I've tried many other alternatives and Realtime board is way head of every one

Planning session

It's a great collaboration tool with lots of flexibility.

Pros

It includes many different templates or you can create ones yourself. It's the best option if you can't do a planning session in person.

Cons

I couldn't find the prefect template, but it was easy enough to make changes to an existing one.

Luke from The Ecologist

An absolute joy to use

Really helps our largely remote team collaborate in so many different ways, in a really fun, creative and productive way. We co-created our business plan on RTB. We use it for gathering newspaper clippings relevant to our startup. I wireframe our app in it. My colleague built the skeleton for our investment deck in this.. it's great for so many things beyond brainstorms.

Pros

Very advanced - tons of control, so many features; all useful. Very fast and reliable and addictive. Beautifully engineered, easy to use. Boards can be made public so anyone can comment without logging in, if you want.

Cons

I miss one feature compared to Stormboard which we used before (and is now hugely inferior) which is 'substorms' (which were effectively a board 'inside' a post it note; great for deep diving into a big idea) otherwise, very hard to fault RTB!

Yoel from Social Impact Consulting (Israel)

Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration

Pros

Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all! Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Cons

As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

RealtimeBoard is quick, collaborative, visually pleasing and easy to use!

Pros

We started off using RTB for big, heady workshops - design thinking, kanban, etc with remote teams - no more "taking picture of a whiteboard, transcribing it into [insert random comfortable tool here], sending non-collaborative bitmap out to team" procedures, just one great tool. And then we realized that it could be used for so much more! Org charts, mind mapping, small kanbans for things like kitchen duty or office chores or whatever! Also impressed with just how often they update it with new features (including iOS apps), and sometimes the simple act of seeing someone else move a sticky around in realtime is just fun.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get right unless you've screwed it up at least once before, to know what to do the next time. Seems like a small thing to gripe about!

Mariia from DESIGN

For a big ideas with detailed approach

Pros

It is amazing instrument to discover how easy you can realize your vision, how fast and clear your process will be represented. All you need is here without any kind of borders, just you and your ideas. - Simple solutions for a difficult tasks: for designer, for business analitical, for a developer - you can build a schemes, organaze your workflow for a project and more, add links and references, images, all your want for expanding your creative field. - Amazing zoom - any type of a scale - for big ideas with detailed approach; - Simple steps for regisrtation and share.

Cons

It is about how interesting your work flow can be. How many elements in your project integrated. You can systemise information, clarifying tasks, find new approaches. Your investigation can be almost touchable. That is all develop your ideas more and more.

Hanan from UX Labs

Anyone who watches my team work ends up buying Miro so I guess that's enough said.

Our team's overall productivity has skyrocketed, we can easily collaborate with our clients and we really don't need task management software anymore.

Pros

ability for a remote team of designers / stakeholders / business development to collaborate so smoothly using the simplest interface possible. The plugins and integrations that keep getting better every day are something to admire, tbh. so generally Miro is a product worthy of a standing ovation.

Cons

not much, really. but my team uses Miro a lot for wireframing; then we sync to inVision. we'd love a way to download all artboards as individual images at once (a bulk action that returns a zip file with all artboards as single PNGs).

Mia from ShareGate

Mind blowing collaboration tool

I used to create graphics in Photoshop or Illustrator to share with my organization. Every time there would be a change of content, they'd have to wait on me to make the necessary adjustments. Now that everything is in Miro, I can design the graphics, and if there are any content changes, my coworkers can make them themselves.

Pros

Every time I use Miro, I'm blown away with its collaboration capabilities. Seeing my colleagues' actions in realtime are a game changer now that we're all working remotely. The ease of use, flexibility and functions make this our new go-to tool for visualizing information.

Cons

It's a little heavy. I often have 2-3 Miro tabs open at once and my computer significantly slows down,

Danilo from VAGAS.com

Great online experience

Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pros

The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Cons

When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

Reasons for Choosing Miro

More flexibility and no cost

Map out journeys on Miro

Our company is pretty satisfied with Miro. It's a good tool for mapping out certain processes.

Pros

As mentioned in my title, Miro is used to draw various flows in our company. Examples of these are customer journeys and risk processes among others. Miro is very graphical, with various colored post its. It is also highly collaborative as you can add more than 20 users to a single project for commenting.

Cons

What I dislike the most is that it doesn't seem to have a presentation mode. When I plug my computer to the big screen, I need to zoom the project in and out just to show it to an audience. I also dislike how I keep hitting the maximum number of users.

Perfect Visualization software

I really like using the pre-built templates for different type of internal of process boards I am trying to create. I also find it to be a very useful solution when meeting with customers. It presents a shared visual that I can share during customer meetings.

Pros

As spectacular as the visuals you can create in Miro, to me it starts with something more simple, the ability to chose from a library of template views to create the perfect visualization.

Cons

My only nitpick, and it is minor, is that for new users some of the functionality when creating boards can be overwhelming. It has taken me a while to pick up some of the basics when it comes to formatting and creating the elements of a board