Browse Pumble Reviews

Arun from Recotap

A promising Slack alternative

Given that Pumble is late to the chat software party and there are several Slack clones available it is going to be a hard sell for the team. However, given that it's a no-frills no cost software it's not a bad deal for teams who would like to use it. It's built by the same team that built Clockify is going to give some amount of credibility.

Pros

As of now, Pumble is completely FREE, with no restrictions on the number of users, unlimited chat history, and apps for all major platforms. This commanding for a product that is new to the market.

Cons

The lack of integration to external systems may be a deal-breaker for some but for others, it could be a simple no-nonsense software that gets the job done which is enable seamless communication.

Same reason as what I had put as the Pros

Zee from The App Solutions

Great for team communication

So far we have enjoyed it. We haven't moved the entire team to this instrument yet, but I think the fact that it has the feature of history keeping, might just be the thing that will move us there.

Pros

One of the main reasons we switched to Pumble from Slack was the fact that Slack was too expensive for us and the free version of it didn't keep the history of messages. Pumble has a free chat history feature included from the start which is very important for us. Another feature that we like a lot is the channels. It's pretty much the same as in Slack (and that was the reason we switched to Slack from Skype, that had the history, but we didn't really like the group's part. The messages and channels structure feels a lot more natural in Slack/Pumble than in Skype.)

Cons

So far the only thing that we didn't like is the absence of previews for files. For example, I have shared a PDF presentation with my colleague and while he can download it, he cannot preview it quickly in Pumble. (It's also possible that it can be changed somewhere in preferences, etc., but it's not an obvious solution.) This feature would make work a lot easier.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

It included history keeping feature in the free plan while Slack only included it in the paid plan (and it was too expensive for us.)

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

The Slack plan that we had didn't have the feature of keeping the history of our chats, which might be not critical for some departments (such as marketing), but for projects' discussion, it's important to see what has been discussed previously to have paper track.

December 2021

December 2021

Glad we made the switch from Slack

Pros

We’ve been using Pumble since it launched. Our team is amazed at how responsive their support team is. They’re continuously updating the software, and they really take on customer feedback. This was VERY important to us. We’re pleased to have such a great Slack alternative for less $. We transitioned from their Free plan, to Pro, and now finally to Server.

Cons

There were a few teething issues in the very beginning that have since been resolved.

Roxanne from SC3 Research Group, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Needs improvement

I really would love to see more updates soon. My team is planning to transition to Pumble, we still have to decipher if it's a good tool to use overall.

Pros

Clean interface. Conversations are easy to read.

Cons

1. Can the team use the app to conduct a meeting? 2. Can we share-screen? 3. Can the app light up when we receive a message? 4. Notification settings seem limited. 5. Can we link the app with our google calendar?

Response from Pumble

Replied September 2021

Hi Roxanne, Thank you so much for your feedback. Kindly note that we are working hard in finalizing the features like audio and video calls including the screen share possibility. . When you are using Pumble on your PC, you will receive all notifications there. However, if you are away from your desktop, you will receive all notifications via the mobile app. Currently linking Pumble with other applications is possible using Webhooks but we are planning to introduce simpler integrations as well. Please write us at support@pumble.com and we will be happy to help your team set up everything and assist anywhere we can.

Daoud from Pineal Developers

Its Something we need for projects - A shared place to communicate instead of Instant messaging...

I love the simplicity and usability...

Pros

I started using it in a few minutes, the User interface was straight-forward enough to start using the Pumble in minutes...

Cons

I think the colors need to be colors that can be modified to be easier on the eyes...

Pricing...

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

I need something free for the time being, I am Our project is just starting up... we can use the boost... I don't mind paying in the future...

Harsha from star4rall

Integration with other tools

it's good

Pros

Cool UI< easy user friendly and everything is unlimited

Cons

I like pumble, but requesting and need to have important feature of integrations with jira, google cloud

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

I found this as user friendly and it's unlimited dude

want to find new

Chavez from SoftIOSolutions

General Ideas for Improvements

I wanna a free and easy way to chat with people I write code with, I didn't wanna go with slack because it's pricy and not worth it.

Pros

It's free and easy to get set up but there are some other things I wanna mention that I don't like, please see below.

Cons

I wanted a dark theme option but there is no setting for that. I wish when I first install It detects that my email is already signed in on my browser and shows me a button or link that says I can continue to the app.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

I wanna something that is a bit more scaled-down but has all the needed features like Video Calls, Calls, File Sending, Channels, Direct Messages.

Belal from PrideArt

Very Exciting app

I'm new in it and it looks like very exciting to use and to still using it .

Pros

Because of it's free and easy to use also it can organize my work.

Cons

- Friendly usage - Lots of features - Fast and easy

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

- it's free - has a lot of great features - time management - very fast and easy to use

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

because slack is too expensive and didn't have the features that I need like here

Daniel from Daniel's team

Review Daniel's team

Pros

Easy to use, very user-friendly design and simplicity make it very fast and with on-time delivery messages

Cons

Nothing special to dislike tbh, every element is visible and easy to find

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Recommended by a friend to try it.. I heard that this is a good alternative with improvements that Slack lacks on.

Great for starters

We tried to use it because it doesn't delete the messages as Slack does using its free trial.

Pros

It's encapsulated. The privacy is excellent.

Cons

You have to invite people to join channels.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Easy to use, to set up, and for conserving the messages history.

Nicolas from Captain Words

Industry: Wireless

Le challenger Pumble, rival des géants TEAMS et SLACK dans la famille des communication internes.

Je l'utilise pour la première fois, il serait donc malhonnête de ma part d'en inventer une expérience.

Pros

L'on pourrait croire que Pumble ne serait pas à la hauteur de ses pairs, tels le mastodonte de Microsoft Teams, ou bien encore le géant Slack. Et ce serait humain...car nous sommes conditionnés à mettre au rabais des outils affichant une gratuité totale, en particulier au niveau des performances que l'on imagine mal aussi performantes que les célèbres rivaux. Et bien, une fois n'en n'est pas coutume, nous aurions bien tort d'adhérer à ces croyances auto intégrées. Rappelons que les concepteurs de Pumble sont ceux là même qui ont accouché du célèbre Clockify. Nous voilà donc étrangement nettement plus rassuré. Les outils de communications internes sont légions, mais les seuls démontrant une réelle fiabilité réduisent considérablement la liste. Et force est d'admettre que Pumble reste dans le haut du panier, en étant, par respect pour son très grand frère, dirons- nous, une extraordinaire alternative à SLACK. Évidemment sa totale gratuité est un atout indéniable, mais citons également son interface qui se trouve être d'une facilité à la limite du déconcertant..et Pumble, à la différence de la version gratuite de Slack, garde un historique des conversations, ce qui admettons-le est une bénédiction lors de certaines résolutions complexes. Nous pourrions continuer cet encensement bien évidemment, en citant son côté convivial par exemple...Mais laissons découvrir ses surprises aux futurs utilisateurs qui j'en suis sur, sont déjà impatient.

Cons

L'on a coutume de dire que nul n'est parfait...et bien les outils de communication n'échappent pas non plus à cette règle, Pumble y compris, malgré toutes les gratifications dont celui-ci a été couronné. Néanmoins, l'on se doit d'être honnête, et force est d'avouer que, bien qu'il y ait quelques défauts pouvant être gênants, tels l'absence d'appels vidéos, ou encore l'impossibilité d'initier une réunion de groupes, la lenteur que peuvent parfois prendre certaines notifications à arriver,... La plupart des défauts imputés à Pumble sont très subjectifs et concernent pour la plupart des "conforts et amusements" personnels, comme le minimalisme des Gifs, l'absence de fonction Dark Mode, ou encore les sons des notifications ou la customisation de l'interface réduite à son minimum. Sans vouloir le moins du monde être ironique, ces détails sont très certainement dus au prix qu'est la gratuité..!

Fatima from Al-Kisa Foundation

Like Slack, but Cheaper!

My small nonprofit has been on the search for a team communication software that doesn't break the bank. Slack is great, but unfortunately, the free version wasn't cutting it for us. Luckily, we stumbled across Pumble, and it's perfect! It does everything Slack does, but for free!

Pros

It's free and very similar to Slack in terms of functionality. Very easy to use. The interface is great. You can have multiple workspaces as well.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop app! I wish you could have multiple workspaces under one umbrella organization for easier communication between entities.

Better functionality and interface

Pricing

Satyabrata from PC Doctors .NET

If you need Slack but don't have a budget for Slack

What I have received so far, is definitely amazing. It's a very good app and I'm lucky to have found Pumble. Everybody in my team now uses Pumble and they love it too. I would want them to improve their features add more fun things for administrators to play with, I mean give more customization features.

Pros

As my title mentions this is pretty much like Slack but tons of free features. I've been using Slack with my clients for many years and I wanted to implement something similar for my own team. But slack free, does not let you add more than 5 team members, I didn't see such a limit in Pumble though. It's very easy to get start with, very easy to manage. Login and Operation is very easy.

Cons

I hate the fact that, I can't customize my workspace in Pumble with my own logo and color schemes. The windows app does not start automatically with the boot of windows. So if you forgot to turnon Pumble, then you won't get your messages. Also, when someone sends any message, a popup should open at the receivers end or stay at the Windows 10 notification window.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

I can't believe that a startup like mine could use a Team chat app. If I have to pay $6+ per user for Slack, it makes a standard expenditure of $60+ per month for me. Me being an Indian guy, running a software startup in India, it makes things very expensive for me. So as a Slack alternative, I love Pumble and I'll stay with them as long as they'll have me.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Slack is expensive and the free features are not enough for my team.

Carles from AtRi Arquitectes

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good but need som development

We are a small new architecture office and were looking for a software to communicate with each other.The team members move from one working site to another an to the office so hardly ever we coincide fiscally together. In our search of a project manager software we found "Clockify". A free tool to count the time each member of the team spends in a task/project to manage schedules, reviews, commissions and death-lines. The fantastic experience that this software gave us make us try Pumble, which mostly covers our needs. Would be great if "Clockify" and "Pumble" could synchronize together. I like that are two different tools though.

Pros

- FOR FREE: It is a very good tool to communicate with the other members of the team, share files and ideas, - The tool is present in all main platforms: Windows, OSX, IOS, Android.

Cons

It is quite new so they need some development to catch up! Couldn't find how to make video calls through the web application, I would not like to install the app.

Tarun from Instamojo

Limited Feature

Not satisfying, I choose pumble because i thought it has many feature and it's free. But the moment i installed, it asked me to Join/create workspace i did and i am limited to chat feature only. No calls, no screenshare, no recording, consume much internet bandwidth.

Pros

1. Performance 2. It's free 3. Similar to Slack 4. Collaboration can be done easily

Cons

1. Have very limited feature for private workspace 2. Don't have calling and screen sharing option,, still using google meet for this 3. If your communication is too long,, ( your chat history) then it takes too much time to load your chat 4. Consumes too much internet bandwidth

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Because i thought it was free

Ondřej from Livesport News

Industry: Information Services

I am a leader of team of 8 people. We are all working remotely so we need a place where we can chat together. We moved to Pumble from Slack and we are very satysfied with the app. Everything is fast and easy.

Pros

UI a UX of the app is awesome. Mostly because it is so similiar to Slack so if you are satisfied with Slack then you will also like Pumble.

Cons

Dark mode is necessary. I would like to have Pumble all in black.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

We were using free version of Slack where the amount of messages are limited.

Karl Rodrigue from 6ko beats

a good communication tool

pumbel is a real communication software between professionals and I validate

Pros

a messaging service that works on all types of operating systems with free access comparable to its paid competitors that does not even keep the message history, that's what pumble interesting

Cons

what I don't like is the lack of integration with external systems and also the fact that we cannot preview the files

Pablo from Adagio Project

Nice free tier

Pros

It's fast, lightweight, has native apps for Windows, OSX, Linux (!), Android and iOS, so it's a great competitor against Teams or Slack. Excellent free tier for small teams or open source projects.

Cons

Still some things to polish out probably, and I'm sure design will improve a little over time, but it's a minor con!

Windyl Joseph from Department of Science and Technology

An Awesome Free Collaboration App

It is sufficient for a free collaboration app and awesome being free forever.

Pros

Its Free Forever! Its easy to setup and use. Its features and look and feel are similar to Slack though not as extensive. But the main features needed are present.

Cons

Some features for managing the workspace settings are lacking. And preference settings lacks customizability.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Its Free and has similar look and feel to Slack and has the same main features.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Limited free plan features. Paid plans are too expensive.

Stefan from Fasky

Alternative to Slack!

Easy to use, very familiar UX/UI and not technical issues.

Pros

The base features I daily use are covered for no extra costs!

Cons

The early stage of the software makes it hard to predict the product goal. Is it the product I'm looking for now? Yes! Is it the product I will stay for long? I cannot say...

Cost perspective

Julie Anne from Department of Science and Technology - 10

Our Transition from Slack to Pumble

Overall, i find it very easy to use. Same as much as slack. In fact, we migrated everything from slack to pumble now. I do not worry about messages being deleted anymore. :-)

Pros

It doesn't have a limit on message and files history compared to slack. This is what matter's most to me as I really would love to review messages from time to time to check message threads.

Cons

I think the fact that we've been really used to using slack.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

As mentioned, our message and file threads are limited in Slack.

Meaghan from Rachel Media

Love this!

Has been such an ease. Favorite features: Do not disturb mode, editing messages, tagging people, emoji reactions

Pros

I love that we can keep convos about clients on separate threads to keep organized!

Cons

It doesnt have a GIF keyboard :( I usually copy and paste reaction GIFs for team shoutouts and things like that but you have to open the “file” first to see it move.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

So we could have more organized threads and get communication off our personal phone numbers.

Hrishi from futureofus

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Puble Review

I had a good experience with Pumble!

Pros

I loved the user friendliness of Pumble and it is much better compared to other products!

Cons

I think the team could improve on very few parts such as the UI

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Free calling and also checking older messages!

Cristel from Armontsys

My Personal Critique about Pumble

It's convinient and easy to use. Our team enjoyed different features of this app.

Pros

Channel Browser, because we can create different channel for different projects. We won't be confuse which project are we talking about cause we can assigned separate channels for it.

Cons

It doesn't notify when someone message me.

Our Team Leader decided to switch to Pumble because it has more features

Vilhelm from APH

Good software if you need the basics

Pros

Easy to use, simple and clean layout. Using the software is not really complicated and it does not have a steep learning curve. I also like that you can download the app. Good alternative for Slack or Teams if you don't need all the bells and whistles, just a basic chat platform. Another thing that I will look into is to host Pumble on my own server.

Cons

Because it was developed by the team that built Clockify, I would expect some sort of integration with it. I will expect video and voice call to be added in the future and also integrations with most popular platforms. At the moment is just lacking those features.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Is a new product, simple and intuitive and was just curious if it's any good.

Danijel from Meaning

Nice free, alternative to Slack

Overall, we've been testing it as a team and we like it. Perhaps we'll fully transition from Slack.

Pros

Simple to use and onboard other people. Love it.

Cons

Everything is fine, nothing to dislike at this moment.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

The rest of the team is more comfortable with something simpler. I personally like Discord and would like to see Pumble evolve in such way.

(No) Pricing

Simon from adsomojo

Slack without the dinero

Easy to use, free, functional and always improving. Definitely give this one a try if you're looking for a Slack alternative!

Pros

Clean and intuitive UI, good team behind Pumble (same team as Clockify).

Cons

It's early stage still, however I believe functionality such as video will be added shortly.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

Free, trust in the Clockify team!

Aqib from Soft Pvt Ltd

Pumble is just awesome

Its good i like it.

Pros

Its free... Most of its features are free... unlimited storage and history of messages.

Cons

Notification sound is not good. there should be more sounds options. no themes. No option to set yourself away.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Because it provide limited functionality in free version.

Michelle from High Command Aviation Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

My review

It's easy to use and reliable.

Pros

Easy to see if there is a thread, direct message or message in channel section.

Cons

The message is not immediately visible and also can't see if the person is online or if he/she seen the message.

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

It's more reliable and organize.

Rosemary from Rosemary Salem and Company LLC

Very excited about Pumble

My overall experience has been great!

Pros

I love that it's user-friendly! I have no complaints. If you have used Slack or anything similar you will have no issues using Pumble

Cons

I think it won't load on Safari but that could just be me.

Ionut from SellCorporation.com

Great product and affordable pricing.

Great experience. All users love the product. Channels are great. The search bar runs smooth. All positive.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Similar features as paid solutions.

Cons

Nothing to mention. Integration & setup was easy, features are intuitive.

Price

Jordan from icehosting

huh

its good but we will use it more and edit that review if it needs

Pros

this software saved my company so yeah its good

Cons

huh theres work that has to go into design but overall its grereat

Aleksandar from Positive Tech

Positive use Pumble

Nice tool for software company.

Pros

We like the most chat feature and very easy way to sign in.

Cons

Need to add video calls, we really missing that.

Igor from Software Services

Greate value

Pros

Everyone can use this app with ease. There are applications for almost all platforms.

Cons

There are no features for creating groups and integrations with other services.

Errianne from GoCrayons

One of Best Communication App!

We are now using the Pumble daily and it really helps us a lot about communicating with each other. Hoping for more app improvements soon.

Pros

- Very easy to use - 100% FREE - There are threads - You can create private and public channels.

Cons

- Notifications sometimes not working - No change password - No hide for channels and DMs

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Ringcentral has a limit of 100 accounts in its free version.

Response from Pumble

Replied September 2021

Hi Errianne, Thank you so much for your feedback and we are glad that you like our application. Would you mind reaching us at support@pumble.com and provide more details about the issues that you have mentioned, we will be happy to help?

Tara from Casey's General Store

Definitely Need This App In The Job Market

My overall experience with Pumble is amazing and such a help.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is how I am able to message everyone that's at my store including the manager.

Cons

I dont think so far there is anything that I like the least about this software as everything fits and is useful for the company I work for.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

I made the switch because not everyone was getting the group message or they would get it but would get it a week later.

Ged from GoCrayons Digital Inc.

Excellent

Communication

Pros

User Friendly and very accessible since its also available in a handy device.

Cons

Nothing, I love everything. It provides a very accessible platform every day

M Umar from SOFT-PVT-LTD

Use as work discuss, bug report or Software Development

Its great to use. Our team is satisfied by using this.

Pros

1-Easy to use. 2-User Friendly. 3- Most Impotent your messages will not be deleted from your workspace.

Cons

Most of Smiles not shown properly. we can't use bullet points. we can't use bold text etc.

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Because it is very expensive and your message will be removed after some times.

Nemanja from Vega IT Delta

Pumble review

So for I am super excited about pumble and what it brings.

Pros

I started using Pumble because full history on free tier, but after few days overall experience is great. Can't wait for additional features in upcoming updates

Cons

It is still new and some features are missing

Reasons for Choosing Pumble

It looked better in free teir

NAIARA from Indigo

Estou gostando!

Está me ajudando muito com as tarefas da empresa e toda equipe :)

Pros

Gostei de ter um histórico gratuito de mensagens e diversos formatos para os dispositivos

Cons

Não achei como funciona a parte de adicionar App. Ex. Gif, Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Pumble

Por ser gratuito o histórico de mensagens :)

Mindy from Outschool

User friendly

very user friendly. Our company did a video explaining how to use it and found it very self explanatory.

Pros

I am not technology savvy and I found this platform very easy to use.

Cons

Logging it was a bit difficult. I suggest using the magic link to make this easier

Shambhavi from Raleigh International

Industry: Broadcast Media

Accessible for everyone

Happy and looking forward to new updates.

Pros

Pumble is a good platform for a professional like me who has to use multiple platforms at the same time.

Cons

It can get a bit slow at times and needs to refreshed consistently.

Abigail from Trivayu

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Convenience

Pros

The fact that it allows for other sub-private groups make it very convenient to divide your team.

Cons

It can be complicated for people who are not familiar with social media

Collaboration Made Easy

Pros

This software is free with unlimited users and messages. Is very easy to use and it's focused on productivity.

Cons

I would like to have more text formatting options.

Sisir from SDSS

A great alternative

Very good!

Pros

Easy to use and clear demarcation in terms of communicating with other users. No confusion at all.

Cons

Perhaps Pumble can scale up new features.

Vedran from Freelance

Missing some functionality

Pros

Ease of use, not bloated with features like Slack or Teams

Cons

Missing appear offline functionality, inline code formatting

Stephanie from Supreme Optimization

Industry: Biotechnology

Best Slack alternative out there

Pros

I love that its so simple to use, that it includes many free features that make really small businesses worth it.

Cons

Nothing, I know they're working on other stuff and once their pipeline rolls out, I can't wait!

Dejan from WSL

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great software

No problems resolved yet

Pros

Easy to use, quick sign up. I will recomend it to everybody

Cons

Everything was fine so far, but if I change my mind I will let you know ;)