• Pros

• "The simplicity and elegance of this program is amazing. The key to a great project is organization, and this app is perfectly tailored to the needs of any business with projects to complete. "

• "I really liked the simplicity of the app which allows me to outline my thoughts powerfully and create powerful and organized plans that have allowed me to accomplish big projects"

• "The overall simplicity is a pleasure, and the user experience (look, reactivity) is very pleasant."

• Cons

• "Quire is really good for project task management but it still doesn't have the critical path methodology."

• "Some features are kind of hidden. It's very simple to do the basic stuff, but it takes a while for you to find everything"

• "It lacks a few functions that you can find in other project management software, but honestly I don't need those functions so it's not much of a con."

Browse Quire Reviews

Shimon from Streacom

Industry: Computer Hardware

Wish I found this sooner

Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros

From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons

No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

Marion from Les 3 sex*

Amazing product , exceptionnal and generous customer service

Very good, the best "tasks" app we ever used.

Pros

Everything, but i Prefer: - Possibility to assign a single task to multiple user (and when it's get done, it goes away for everyone) - Possibility to organize yours tasks by organization, projects and boards - Possibility to create weekly, monthly, etc tasks - Possibility to attach document to each task - User friendly - French language ! (and the translation is good!) - The generosity and help from the customer service (as a small and poor charity organisation who rely on volunteers who work from home, we need this kind of service to complete our projects)

Cons

- maybe the fact that when you look a subtask on a board , you can't see their connection to the "complete task" and it can be somewhat confusing to differentiate between similar subtask (Actually we just have to always name the subtask with the name of the complete task, so we have a way around)

Reasons for Choosing Quire

We tried To-do and hated it, it was complicated to set-up, we had to create a microsoft account for every single users and its features was worst than Wunderlist. We search for a long time before we finally found Quire and we are really happy.

Dianna from Be Unique Be you

Industry: Cosmetics

Simple task software

Pros

Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons

This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

Reasons for Choosing Quire

I didn't. I went with Airtable as I felt the interface was more user-friendly and I liked the templates that were available.

Response from Potix

Replied May 2019

Hi Dianna, I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc. We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day! The Quire Team

Vincent from Festival d'eau vive de la Haute-Gatineau

Superbe outil de gestion de tâches collaboratives.

C'est le meilleur gestionnaire de tâche d'équipe que nous avons utilisé. Point final. Depuis deux ans, nous avons essayé de nombreux outils. Certains très populaires et d'autres moins. Quelque chose clochait toujours. Une fonctionnalité nécessaire à notre travail manquait toujours. Quire est le premier à inclure toutes les fonctionnalités dont nous avons besoin et tout ceci avec une interface qui est un charme à utiliser. Notre recherche est terminée!!!!

Pros

L'interface simple, claire et épurée est intuitive et très agréable à utiliser à utiliser. L'affichage compact des listes présente énormément d'information (étiquette, assignations, date d'échéance, ...) tout en demeurant propre, simple et facile à consulter. Dernière cette interface se cachent toutes les fonctionnalisés de base et avancées qu'une équipe pourrait désirer : sous-tâches avec date d'échéance, notes évolutives et commentaires par tâche, tâches récurrentes, priorité de tâche, documents attachés, tâches favorites... De plus, l'interface permet de facilement filtrer et trier les listes selon de multiples critères et ses filtres sont mémorisés pour chacune des listes. L'assignation des tâches est simple et efficace et facile à comprendre pour l'équipe. Les tâches peuvent également être réorganisées simplement en les glissant directement ailleurs dans la liste.

Cons

Le seul point que j'ai trouvé à améliorer est le fait que la vue par défaut d'une liste, sans filtre personnalisée n'est ni classée par date d'échéance ni par projet. Ce n'est vraiment pas un problème majeur puisqu'en appliquant un filtre, c'est facilement corrigé. De plus, ce filtre demeure appliqué même si l'utilisateur change de vue. Cela dit, il serait agréable que la vue par défaut offre une certaine organisation.

Elise from ApplicantPro

A Checklist on Steroids

We're having our Support team use it to track all of the little to large tasks they need to work on so fewer tasks fall through the cracks. I use it for project management in creating training content for our company.

Pros

- Nested checklists - Ability to adjust settings for each task regardless if it is nested or not - Incredible due date functionality - Constant updates based on customer feedback - Free to use - Basic reporting capability - Kanban board - Many ways to visualize what you're working on (tags, statuses, due dates, descriptions, assignees)

Cons

- Seems simple to use, but there's so many details to learn. Having training would be great! - Sometimes updates interrupt my workflow. I can usually learn to work around it.

Reasons for Choosing Quire

Quire was simple and had basic reporting that we needed. We also wanted managers to have the ability to view employee projects, which Quire had.

Best To-Do list app!

Pros

One of the best project management apps I ever used. They have countless of features, but here are the ones that I love the most: • Clean interface: know for their minimalism style and is built around the GTD method. • Easy collaboration: A simple link that you can share with others. • Kanban board • Task Reminders • Webpage+mobile app quick sync: They provide offline syncing. Another huge plus is that they're completely free. No upgrade needed!

Cons

They don't have a Gantt Chart. Hope they're working on it! It's quite important for bigger teams because we need to keep track of individual tasks.

Brad from Self Employed

Convenient, efficient, effective, simple

I use it for task management to organise what I need to do, and assign my team tasks. Also there's a mobile app so I can see what the team is getting done when I'm not at the computer.

Pros

I can 'deep dive' doing sub tasks to sub tasks as deep as I like, and each point can have their own deadline, description, labels, comments etc. With other platforms each task only has one deadline but you know, things aren't always that simple. There are big goals and there are little objectives that need to be met to reach those goals, and there are errands that need to be done before you can do those objectives. Quire allows you to plot all these out, assign them to different people and with different deadlines. Its great. Also its free, at least for now.

Cons

Its only a little thing and isn't really an issue: When you sort the tasks in order of due date, you don't know which sub-tasks are for what task. So lets say for example you have different clients that all need the same three tasks done for them (task A, B & C), and with different deadlines. When you sort in order of due date, you notice that task A is due tomorrow - but you don't know who for. Unless you clear the sorting, there's no way of knowing. Of course you can just select the specific sub-task, turn off the sort and turn it back on again when you know who it is, but then what about the other sub-tasks? Its only a mild inconvenience and I don't really use the due date sort that often anyway.

Jeffrey from Living History Days

Project Management and Check Lists

Has been a great place to create multiple checklists and allows things not to be overlooked and improved upon from event to event.

Pros

The simplicity of use and interface allows me to have mutliple users access and work within or bi-annual checklists to execute an event.

Cons

Wish there was a way to "skip" a recurring task if it is not needed that time. Right now have to change the due date.

Zachary from Computer Software

Quire is Outstanding

Quire has done a great job with helping me organize work for clients. The combination of a sleek UI (thank you dark theme!!) and simple functionality has made this a go-to utility for both my clients and myself.

Pros

Ease of use, helpful tutorial, great support. Couldn't have found a better solution for our task-tracking needs.

Cons

Lack of time tracking (like Jira's time sheets)

Chris from ChiArts

Fantastic - easy, smooth, motivating

Great shared project management space. No more Google docs to open and random files scattered here and there with things to do.

Pros

Just live Quire. Full disclosure- I haven't ever used a shared project website or program before, in large part because it always looked like more work than it was worth. But a supervisor of mine invited me to use Quire to coordinate our summer camp together and my goodness it's so great. So intuitive and easy to access.

Cons

I wish that you could toggle back and forth between two email accounts like most Android apps. I'm confident that Quire will get there Some things take a tiny bit of getting used to, but overall it's pretty intuitive

Ken from MOCEAN

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Great Tool For Keeping A Team Up To Date With The Latest Information

We work in a business where we have to be on top of things, we can't make any mistakes, and quick / accurate delivery of elements to our clients is paramount. By using a project management system like Quire, we can have a visual status of our various projects, with up-to-date information, contacts and specifications, so we can move at a quicker pace with significantly fewer questions. The support for Quire has been great, with quick responses and excitement over adding new / different features that we have requested. They also "dog food" their software and use the actual Quire service for their FAQ and some support questions, so they know what works and doesn't work.

Pros

My team and I work in a high speed environment where keeping track of the latest information via emails, texts, calls and more is extremely hard. Quire has been a great tool for keeping the entire team up to date with all of the latest and greatest information. We don't want anyone to have to refer back to emails to see what is correct, so we make sure that we immediately update the project information in Quire and then everyone is on the same page. We set up a tagging system, so that our various clients and the various facilities we do work at each have a tag with a particular color. As we open up a new project, we will apply the correct tags, so we know at a quick glance who the important players are. This is especially useful as everyone on the team bounces around from project to project, so knowing who is involved and what job # to bill to is very important. Quire handles this all very well. Quire also allows you to attach small files, which is one the main features we use, and possibly the most important. We know that the latest spec sheet is in the project on Quire, so we don't have to search around for it. It keeps our artists on track and asking way fewer questions. Quire's sync is very good and updates very quickly when others make changes / updates. We use the web and iOS versions all day every day.

Cons

I feel like the searching functionality could be improved, so when you search for a particular name or client or job name, it only shows you the tasks that match your search. Right now, it only highlights matching tasks in a long list. It makes it too difficult to find a specific old job, so for instance you can copy information from the old job task to a new job task.

Tushant from Freelance

Industry: Animation

Simple, brilliant and beautiful!

Quire's biggest strength is its simplicity, and that has been a boon for me, which is why I've stuck to it. It allows me to plan-out my projects extensively and manage them at a glance, saving me plenty of time and effort in order to get things done.

Pros

I've used many task management applications before for their various strengths and functionality in conjunction such as Trello, Keep, Workflowy, etc. at the same time but Quire is an interesting middle-ground. While it doesn't consist of the strengths of the other tools, it sits comfortably in between them and is pretty consistent with one's desired workflow. It's simple enough to quickly manage and navigate through, and has enough complex features for someone like me to keep track of larger projects, whether in a team or simply working solo. Its tag-search system is also fantastic! It allows the tool to get out of your way so that you can put more time and energy on your actual work. Another brilliant idea that Quire has had recently is to have an app-less access to your project via browser shortcut on smartphones. What it does is that it saves a shortcut your phone's desktop so you can access your tasks even if offline just like an app without having to install anything! I love that!

Cons

While the desktop navigation is fantastic via short-cuts, Quire seems to be pretty clunky on smartphones. I can still drag around tasks no problem (except for my chubby finger not letting me see where I'm even dropping it), it's really hard to use it to create and manage tasks or plan-out projects on-the-go. This is partly what keeps me from using it on Android, and instead I still rely on Google Keep. Other things may be considered a "con" for some, even though it wasn't for me, but thought I'd mention either way: For one, Quire's strength is in its simplicity, so there may not be features that high-end project-management tools are expected to have, such as the Timeline feature. Personally I did not require it, because Quire's Progress Stats is fine enough for me. Secondly, part of Quire's simplicity aspect goes into how the tasks are managed; when you finish a task, it is removed from sight, therefore out of mind so you can now focus on something else. While it makes you more efficient and productive (provided you've planned things out ahead of time), in certain projects there are times when I'd like to keep track of completed tasks, and it's not really easy to do that quickly in Quire unless you decide before-hand how you intend to use it. But that's just a minor nitpick, so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I do mind lack of Google Calendar integration.

If you're getting started - don't look elsewhere

I'm mostly occupied with multiple projects and Quire has given me a way to simply put it across and visualize and switch between them. This simplicity is why I am a fan. Also - I trust the team is up for great work and I'd like to stick around and be a part of their success.

Pros

I've used quite a few project management tools but nothing come close to Quire when it comes to simplicity and beauty. But don't be mistaken, it is simple yet very powerful. They have got amazing features to keep a track of your tasks with a detailed history under every project. There is also a convenient shortcut instructions reminding you of the keys to get things done quickly, and in the process, making you use to the entire Quire experience. I rely on collaboration a lot in my projects, and Quire has a beautiful way of messaging and allocating tasks and keeping track of them. Also - love the night mode! The team is also very eager to learn from your feedbacks. Crystal have reached out to me multiple times checking on my feedbacks and also updating on when I can expect certain features I find missing - that is really impressive for a company bound to grow.

Cons

When I initially started using it, I found the important piece missing was to visualize my tasks, they have now added that as well with Kanban coming in! But what I'd even more appreciate about is perhaps a few important integrations like Google Calendar. Also, not sure if they have plans to release a web-app tool for MacOS.

Jose Luis from ITAUEIRA

Industry: Farming

Extremely powerful yet simple to use

Much productive team, that spends less time on email, and more time completing tasks.

Pros

Quire has a very powerful tree like interface to tasks management, and it also is very intuitive, simple and elegant. The tree can be collapsed / expanded at will for each user, that can filter the tasks in many ways. Integration with Google G Suite is excellent: Same login procedure, Google Drive, and email of deadlines and all kind of notifications. Every information is synced online with all users. Simple to use 'red dots' signal the tasks that had meaningful changes. Quire adoption is very easy and straightforward. As new users are invited to projects and start to use the simple yet powerfull interface, at no time they realize they could use it to other needs/projects, and start their own projects/assignments to other users. Any new project we can think of is rapidly scathed in Quire. It's viral. Right after starting to use Quire, we've been dealing with much less emails and calendar reminders, our users focus on tasks directly on Quire. With Quire, stake holders only set notifications on tasks that they are really interested in.

Cons

As simple and powerful, it's easy for new users to mistakenly complete tasks, so we need to sometimes review the 'all completed tasks' panel (or the notification email) to assure those are really done.

Great, minimal and very useful!

I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros

Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool). I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons

More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached

August 2016

Bob from TeleCommunications Services

August 2016

Some thoughts after trying Quire

I have been experimenting with Quire, It has some nice features, however I prefer WorkFlowy for its ease of navigation and plainness, but had I not discovered WorkFlowy after Springpad shut down, I would have probably started using Quire because of it's features and functionality.

Pros

There is the option of adding new sub list items to top or bottom of list There are nice shortcut instructions when hovering over function icon It is easy to keep track of who is collaborating on a project Collaboration conversations can be always in view Quire is a little different from other apps that I have tried. The design and layout doesn't seem to get in the way as much. There is the ability to add Due Dates and Reminders I rarely collaborate on projects with others. If I collaborated more often I might be more inclined to use Quire regularly. I am impressed that Quire developers have reached out to me several times to asking for feedback about my usage and to answer questions that I had. There is a detailed history of editing of each specific project

Cons

Like most other note taking apps available, Quire does have a somewhat rigid structure that gets in the way of productivity for me, but may be useful for others. Navigation on the Quire screen is a little more spread out than the WorkFlowy screen. Making use of the Keyboard shortcuts is suggested A few times I unintentionally pressed the complete button and "completed" an item on Android I find navigating the page, using built-in calendars and other features is unnecessary for what I want to accomplish Quire is a little slower than WorkFlowy to refresh I am able to do pretty much everything in Quire that I can do with WorkFlowy, but it is a little more time consuming The adding tasks and subtasks and breaking them down is a little more complicated in Quire a benefit of WorkFlowy is that you can compose or copy and paste any portion of your entire WorkFlowy list into an email, letter, article, app or document. There is some exporting of Quire into a CSV document, which can be copied and pasted into a document with some reworking. As much or as little of your whole WorkFlowy list can be shown at one time #n Unlike Quire, WorkFlowy does not have predetermined frames to enter text into you can always see the entire text

Rômulo from CAEd/UFJF

It is a simple, complete and free system.

Pros

Quire offers a simple, unrestricted and intuitive interface based on the task tree idea. You can add hierarchical task lists without any type of constraint, and you can track deadlines, people in charge, teams, priorities and workflows. In this way, quire.io adapts easily to any production reality, regardless of its characteristics. Unlike other complex rules-loaded systems, quire.io gives users the freedom to set their own rules according to the characteristics of the institution or the production flow. High costs for all this? Additional payments at the end of the month? High prices for each user?None of this. The quire is free and entitled to iOS and android apps. Periodically we are surprised with new features.

Cons

The quire has some limitations when it comes to filter or crossing information between different projects.

Anish from Neovibe Innovative Technologies Pvt Ltd

Great tool for startups. Very easy to manage tasks and collaborate within the team!

Pros

The ease with which you can add tasks using keyboard shortcuts. For almost all the other systems I had used, it was very difficult to populate the tasks into the system and hence it didn't work out for our small team. But quire did a wonderful thing managing tasks by breaking a big task into smaller pieces so that everyone in the team is aware of the progress without any email communication. Everytime we introduce a new tool, adaptability is the main issue as employees will be reluctant to use tools. But with quire, it was a breeze. Everyone adapted to it quickly.

Cons

Quire doesn't have an android app yet and that is a big worry. Even though they have a very responsive web app which works really good in mobile, the native experience is missing. Also I would like to have a feature where I can select a member and see all the tasks assigned to that person.

Jovana from Jednakost

As Simple as Quire

My experience is very positive as I was surprised how simplicity can actually enhance task management. I like to be able to categorize tasks and subtasks as my ideas germinate. Being able to go into all the details and be able to visually have a distinctive presentation of a task at hand is amazing.

Pros

One thing that was a real mind-blow was how simple Quire is. It's super simple, clear and user-friendly. On top of that, it is one of those task management tools that let you expand on the task to its most minutious details. Nesting allows you to create tasks and subtasks that are coherent and relatable.

Cons

To maintain the simplicity Quire decided to sacrifice some functionality features. I personally don't mind because there are a great many tools out there focusing on expanding on different functions. Quire should remain simple even it means that it should look somewhat rudimentary.

Renan from RENAN SAVIDAN

Quire takes the lion's share in the jungle of project management software

I was an early adopter - I started to use the app from the start. It seemed to me that time the team behind Quire was skillful, ambitious and serious. If you see now how much it has improved since I guess it was true. What I enjoy the most personally is the design and user experience, it feels very natural and reactive. I can say it will probably suit most of your needs now.

Pros

- Actively developed by a creative team - There were already quite many apps when Quire started ; they were smart enough do get the best from what existed then and they had good ideas too. - Good Styling options (Dark theme is one) - Dates/Calendar management - Fast interactions / intuitive handling - Many options to follow tasks lists, boards (Kanban), reporting features, team interactions and team management - They provide migration tools from other apps (Asana, Wunderlist, Trello...)

Cons

At first, the application didn't have as many features, so I have not exclusively used Quire since. I believe that now it would be possible.

Reasons for Choosing Quire

I don't use Wunderlist anymore, Quire is way better on my opinion.

Zach from Haverford College

Great To-Do list with excellent features and phenomenal customer support

The ability to organize my tasks more efficiently than ever before

Pros

The hierarchical ordering of tasks has allowed me to break down my to-do list into extremely organized and manageable goals. The additional functionality of Quire (priority setting, tags, filtered and sorted views, etc.) only adds to their already fantastic platform. Additionally, their customer service is out of this world. Within several days of signing up for Quire, Crystal, a member of their team, reached out to me via email asking how I was liking the product. I responded with a question that was answered within 15 minutes (at 10pm no less). I then responded, adding that I thought the addition of data regarding the time spent on tasks would be helpful, and Crystal emailed back writing that Quire will add a timer feature for such a purpose. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software and can't wait to see it progress as its popularity increases (as I'm sure it will).

Cons

The only thing I would like to see that currently does not exist is the aforementioned timing data for tasks. As I said in my pro column, when I mentioned this to Crystal, I got a quick response saying that a feature would be added, so I can't say I even have any cons.

Lorena from GF

Industry: Industrial Automation

Such an intuitive tool to organiza your work!

We are currently using a lot of excel sheets, which means that there are various versions of files and manual work of making sure you don't forget any deadlines. With Quire this process is automated and there is only ONE source. This helps us to be more efficient!

Pros

Quire is so easy to use, because it is intuitive! No need for long introduction sessions or reading a user guide. I signed up and /I knew immediately what to do. User friendliness is a main argument to convince the team that we can bring project management to the next level without spending a lot of time on top of normal work how to do it. Apart from that the tree-structure is great and it really makes the user think about their projects from the beginning to the end and what is required on each level. I just always have the best possible overview of my projects and tasks thanks to this great tool.

Cons

It would be great if the reminder and email notifications could be customized more, so that Quire does not remind/notify you about everything at a certain time. Selecting with project I would like to be reminded of more often than others would be ideal, but this is really just a minor aspect.

Response from Potix

Replied August 2018

Hi Lorena, FYI, we will let users customize email notifications in the future. That is, you will be able to choose what to get notified of. :)

Sofia from Freelancer

More than you can ask for. Easy and user-friendly interface

Quick and simple to use, sync with calendar and great support

Pros

I've been looking for an app that would allow me to track my projects and numerous daily tasks in a simple and effective way, with several subtasks and Android app. I've tested more than 40 apps and I was happily surprised with Quire. First, it is free and yet offers features that allow me to smoothly organize my work and personal agenda. I can sync it with my calendar, filter, sort and organize my tasks easily within a multi-project view. But what impressed me the most was the customer support. They asked for feedback, provided quick guidance and replied to my queries. This is something I consider very important and I've seen paid apps not replying at all to my queries so for Quire team... 5* and counting :) The app looks and works great too. I'm loving it! Can't wait to see further development

Cons

Being a free tool, Quire offers more than the basics, especially when comparing to paid competitors. I'd love to see a time tracker and maybe a generic tasks Dashboard (Kanban or similar) as I'm very visual :) But overall, for the price you pay (zero!) it's the best I've tested so far

cuma from freelancer

unlimited tree based task maangement which is great to submit task(s) as detail as you want.

I can manage task as detail as I want, it become more beautiful with markdown support and the task repetition feature helps a lot user with repetitive tasks.

Pros

tree based todo list. customize-able repetitive task scheduler. cool task filter. awesome markdown support. dead simple tags management. monochrome dark theme. offline mode support. almost mouse-less.

Cons

"my task" positioned on the left panel not in the main panel. it would be great if they could displaying my task like smartfolder. all of my task automatically classified into each related project in one page. it would help me to focus only on my own tasks. I don't need to pay attention to any other task that aren't mine.

Akshay from CSD

Among the various task management software apps available, Quire is a gem!

Pros

* Easy to use * Can define a task along with all its attributes (tag, due date, assignee) in a single line without any mouse clicks * Keyboard shortcuts (you don't have to use the mouse!) * Markdown support (this is fantastic!) * Search and filtering capability * Tagging capability * Can set priorities for tasks * Can set due dates and set reminder times * Can highlight text, color text * Hierarchical management (organization, project, tasks) * Ability to move tasks between projects * If using in a team, easy to set assignees * Extremely responsive customer support (5 stars) * Feels very lightweight! (personal opinion) * Can set 'In Progress' and 'Complete' for tasks * Can attach local files and files from Google Drive * Available on iOS, Android and Web What am I missing??? :) Oh yes! All this and yet it's Free! :)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! * Over time I'd like to see different ways of viewing the same data, for e.g. Kanban Style, Gantt chart etc. * In addition to due date, I'd like to set the reminder time while entering a task itself.

Shiny from Packt Publishing

Quire helps me keep a tab of my project progress and updates.

It makes me more organized in my work. At the same time ensures that I keep everyone updated about my project progress and updates.

Pros

User interface Timely reminder Collaborative work environment Tags Option to export all the tasks

Cons

No Calendar feature Cannot have more than 1 person assigned to a task Android app is not up to the mark

Response from Potix

Replied August 2017

Hi Shiny, We do support sync with Google Calendar, iCal and Outlook Calendar (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/13/Sync_to_Google_Calen...) and also assign more than 1 person to a task (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/3/Assign_a_task_to_you...). :)

Hanah from SheWrites4theLord

To-Do List and Helpful

Overall, this site helps me put my tasks and assignments together. I love how I can focus on this because this helps me when assigning projects with my team. This site helped me when I was looking in the past for a site like this. This site helped me figure out how to keep my tasks list organized and not all over the place. Perfect site!

Pros

I like how I am able to create a to-do list and assign some of the to-do lists that I have to certain people who are working on certain assignments with me. I also love how the calendar option is right near it to help me assign the calendar dates and to also help me if I need to remind myself on what day the assignment is due. I can put tags in each to-do list without any problem and I don’t have to confuse myself when trying to do this. I like how it’s easy to do. I love the option on the left-hand side of the screen that helps me focus on my most recent or active tasks. I can focus on just a few. This helps me keep my mind together when figuring each task out or each task assignment out. I also love how I am able to customize each tag and I love how the overview option shows each of the projects/tasks that I am working on. The diagram breaks it all down and I can see each one clearly.

Cons

I dislike the member option area where each member is assigned. I like how some of the tabs areas are on the left side of the screen, but this tab would be nice at the top of the screen. So, I can see each one and every person that is assigned to each task. It would be nice to have an option button at the top. Nothing complicated just so we can just bring down the person’s name and add them to each task. I also dislike the colors on this website. It would be nice if the colors were different or more unique.

Quire (hey, I get the name now!)

So far so good!

Pros

Quire makes team collaboration a lot easier. Where other collaboration software focuses on getting the project done, Quire focuses more on the actual team dynamic and requirements. It's basically one giant, collective to-do list in one place. I can just log into my computer every day and see what needs to get done, and if I need someone else to do something, I can just attach their name to the task in the list. Very handy!

Cons

Learning how to use Quire took a little longer than I would have liked, but after working on a few projects with it, I got the hang of everything. A more comprehensive tutorial would work wonders.

Wayne from Booz Allen Hamilton

Industry: Computer Networking

The best so far

I'm using it for whole life organization; both personal life and professional life. It's proved successful at managing daily tasks as well as large work projects. There are a couple of features that could use improvement, but the developers seem very responsive.

Pros

Infinitely nestable lists. Why does no one else do this?!? These kinds of deeply nested lists are just how my mind works when it's trying to break down big projects. The downside is usually that list becomes unwieldy, long, and hard to look at. Not in Quire! You can fold and unfold tasks so you can more easily navigate the list and see items on the same level. An even bigger surprise and one that I had never even thought of was the ability to "zoom-in" to any task and just see it's children...brilliant!

Cons

I guess the lack of a timeline (like in Asana) or some other kind of Gantt chart. But really, I have not seen a single product where I can view a task in a list, on a board, on a calendar, *and* on a timeline. So it's not like they are behind anyone else.

Paul from LLS

This is a powerful and user-friendly app

I really loved this app because it has allowed me to increase my productivity and my organization through the roof. It helps me create powerful plans for my business and the simplicity of the app makes it easy to execute my plans and achieve excellent results. I highly recommend this magnificent app.

Pros

Cons

So far I have not found negative aspects of this app

Christiana from Move Mountains Co.

Industry: Photography

Intuitive & User-Friendly Management Software

If you're looking for a management software that's easy to use, easy to understand and saves you time, Quire is a great option!

Pros

Quire is a thorough project management software, while also remaining clean and simple. It's user-friendly and offers multiple ways to view your current tasks, which is helpful when team members all prefer different ways of tracking their tasks (i.e. list view, board view, etc.). Quire also allows you to create templates for repeating tasks or projects which saves a lot of time! Collaboration and communication on Quire is fairly easy- will be even better once you're able to customize which notifications to receive.

Cons

As of now, Quire does not have a desktop app so you need to use it on the web, which is not the most convenient. Also, their mobile app notification settings are very limited- I'd like to be able to customize my notifications so I see what's most important to me and not be bogged down by misc. notifications.

Ahmed from Click Grafx

As easy as using Notepad, as powerful as Word.

Our tasks and projects has been streamlined. I am so impressed that I even use it on a personal level with my own children.

Pros

There are many things that I like about Quire. The first is how easy for us to get started. I also like that I could have a chat/notes for every task and sub-tasks. I love the integration with Google Drive and Google Calendar.

Cons

I would like to see some integration with Dropbox will be great. I also think the interface needs to be slightly better.

Azeem from Neovibe

Quire is a good clutter free task management tool.

Task management improved a lot

Pros

Quire is extremely powerful but simple to use. It is mobile friendly.Due date notification is helpful.Easy to add and navigate on tasks.

Cons

No Android app because of that it is difficult to track the tasks on mobile devices. Offline search is not good.

Aditya from Blogger/Photographer

Amazing tool for organising!

Using quire in day to day life, has tremendously increased productivity.! Whether it be for a family chore planning or for planning college projects.! It is completely equipped for proper, clean, uncluttered collaboration!

Pros

The nested view as well as Kanban board view, for the same tasks! Amazing filter and sort capabilities. Seamless collaboration.! With external members/clients also! Android client is fully functional! Calendar sync available. Completely free as of now.!

Cons

No Gantt charts. Calendar view not present.(Calendar view feature in progress though)

Dominic from Packt Publishing Pvt Ltd

I have really loved using Quire after trying so many different PM tools. Has made my work so easy!!!

This software has made my overall work really easy to manage.

Pros

I like Quire unlimited subtasks feature as it allows me to break a bigger problem to small chunks and then accordingly manage the tasks.

Cons

Missing native android app and lack of calendar feature. Additionally, I would like to have a feature in Quire where I can view all tasks in at least 10 projects. The current limit is 5!

October 2015

Matt from Imager Software Inc.

October 2015

The best task-centric project management system I've used.

I've been using Quire for about two months now. Prior to that, I had tried a number of different project management suites. However, until quire, nothing proved more powerful and useful that a simple text document. Most project management suites have an opinionated idea on how you should organize your tasks, and limit you within those boundaries. Usually the problem I find is that I get to a point where I want to further break down a task and I can't. Quire does not impose any limits on how you break down and organize tasks. They can be infinitely nested. Furthermore, it comes with a number of powerful features that makes collaboration much simpler. Features include groups, roles, tagging, due dates with a view of upcoming tasks across all projects. Users can be grouped into organizations and assigned to projects with particular roles. Quire is polished and fast. It is primarily web-based at the moment, but is responsive and works great from both a desktop and a mobile device. It is replete with keyboard shortcuts for those of us who value efficiency. I have found a few bugs and I have submitted a few feature requests. The developers are extremely attentive. Many of my feature requests (such as Ctrl+A to select all tasks) were implemented in just a few days, and most bugs were solved within 24 hours.

Shivam from Built By blank

Quire is brilliant. I have been using it for over 6 months. I really happy.

It helps us to manage our tasks in a better and a more efficient manner. It lets me keep a track of tasks on the move through my iphone.

Pros

The tags funtionality is the best. Not many Project Management tolls have that. It's super fast and works well on iPhone too. I like the notifications functionality on iPhone.

Cons

The file upload size is only 5 MB. That's a major constraint. This should be raised to atleast 500 MB. You don't want to upload files elsewhere, share links and waste time.

Beverly from Beautifullyblessed

Great Project Tool

Pros

Quire is an excellent software tool for creating new projects. You can add each individual task and also include sub-task. When there is a deadline for the project you can add due dates so you can be reminded when each project is due. Excellent for when you have several projects going on at once. There is a tutorial when you first log in, it is very helpful. Simple set up, you just have to input your email address. There is a place where you can submit a particular person who is assign to each individual project task. Each task can be grouped. There is also a place where you can add information for detail, so you can describe what information is needed for each particular task. In Quire you can drag and drop, that is when you can move the items around if it falls in the wrong place. Sometimes we tend to make mistakes, but no worry, Quire makes it easy to drag the item to the correct place. The tutorial will show you a few handy shortcuts to make it easy.

Cons

Quire has been great. At this time I have not ran upon anything I dislike about this project tool.

Sven from e-gnition

intuitive, uncomplicated and well thought through

Me and my team have tried out several paid and free project management softwar options. We found that for most options the design was very comprehensive and proved to be too difficult to handle especially when trying to create and execute smaller tasks. We were pleasantly surprised when we tried Quire since we knew what to do almost instantly rather than taking several hours to work our way through. This way we can manage our project more effectively.

Pros

- simple and intuitive design and structure - no unnecessary features - generally uncomplicated - quick and efficient

Cons

all of the following shortcomings of the software are in our opinion comparatively small - no quick way to make confidential projects invisible to participants within an organisation - no way to stop an E-Mail from being sent to everyone in an organisation when creating a project in an organisation

J Jerome from Collective Solution

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

My personal experience went great. But it might not be simple for someone who is not a techie.

time management and task planning

Pros

It has a way to log the time an activity starts as well as the end time. Now if this start and end time can be converted into a kind of Gantt chart then it would be awesome and I wouldn't need a separate software for generating a Gantt chart. Another great feature that I love is personalized support. This girl, Crystal, was always ready to answer my question and she even checked up on me if I was having a hard time about anything shortly after I signed up. I have never experienced customer support that great before.

Cons

Some of the features can be challenging to find. And that is considering that I an quite a techie person already. Imagine the hard time non-technical people would get in trying to navigate through the site.

Rodrigo from Colaboradores

Easy, shareable, clean project and task list app.

Easily share how projects are developing from different areas of my company. The time spend on finding, modifying, creating, coming from a Kanban app was cut in half because the UX of Quire is pretty straight forward.

Pros

If you come from other tools, you will easily understand how Quire works. Specially because it has easy to access help guides and the CS team will prompt help with any questions on a board made to discuss what it can be improve .

Cons

At the beginning I was a bit frustrated searching for how to do something, and because the interface is so clean you can easily become upset - but reaching out for help was easy and welcoming. If you are used to Kanban, maybe you wont enjoy the task list only view - you can, though, change and filter how you want the list to appear!

Diego from Avista Cartões

This product is realy easy to use.

It helps me a lot to manage my tasks

Pros

1. It is very easy to use 2. You can do almost everything in a single page 3. They have mobile solution 4. Login with you e-mail 5. Don't have limit for the size of the team 6. Integration with slack

Cons

1. The graphics are not the bests 2. They just have two themes (Light and Dark) 3. There is nothing more I can tell about it

Danny from BFG Pty Ltd

Great Task Management and easy to use

able to managed task between members

Pros

easy to work with between internal team members and freelancers. Great Task management app to have. It great that Projects are assigned under Organisation in a Hierarchy format, which is making it easier to navigate. I want to suggest that number of task to be displayed at all times and no need to hoover over the project to see the number of active task. Overall I will stay with QUIRE

Cons

Quota of 30 per organisation. need ability to Activate and Deactivate members of an organisation. because we are working with lots of freelancers and not all freelancers are at the project all the time. Therefore should only count the quota based on active members

Joan from Self Employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Terrific program for freelancers!

I've looked at dozens of project management programs and none of them fit my needs as a freelance writer...until I found Quire! It's perfect for someone like me who writes columns for many different publications (in my case, newspapers)...yet some papers run one column a month, another paper runs two, every paper has different deadlines, and they all have different pay structures. Quire allows me to set up each newspaper as a separate task, then create sub-tasks and sub-sub-tasks under each one so I can keep track of what my deadlines are, when I should invoice, etc. It's simple enough that I had NO problem setting it up & organizing things, yet it's sophisticated enough to adapt to all my needs.

Pros

Everything, so far...especially the ability to set up task and sub-tasks.

Cons

There are no cons that I've been able to detect, so far!

Jamie from WM

+1 for hierarchical task management

Someone finally gets it!! Gives great peace of mind to lay out what I have to do in a well-organized fashion and I love the simplicity of the app. Great software.

Pros

It’s brilliant how tasks are easily hierarchically organized! Very much in line with the natural way to do things, orienting around the goal, and segmenting complexity into simple sub-tasks. I feel that I’m capable of doing anything if I just break it into pieces and work back up

Cons

Like every other todo app, I find that boards are somewhat awkward. It would be nice if boards were implicit at a particular point in the hierarchy and that you could zoom in to see sub-boards But, it’s perfectly usable and better than any other I’ve seen!!

Mark from Smack Bang Designs

Flexible and easy to use!

Flexibility and easy of use. I much prefer the original web design, but the way it is right now is absolutely fine. It's still simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

I like it's versatility and how it's so simple to use. I work in teams on projects with dozens and sometimes hundreds of tasks, and I find this software really useful and stress-relieving.

João Marcos Villela from Companhia de Negócios

The best task management tool ever! Clean and intuitive with nice iOS app.

Quire provides me a wonderful mindfulness control of my daily to-do lists and projects.

Pros

I have been using Quire for months. Controlling my work and my personal stuff. Also I have invited my girlfriend and we enjoy as a team organizing our whishes, accounts, task lists and life projects. By the way, she is a lover quire too. I strongly recommend quire for who wants stay mindfulless. :-)

Cons

I can not find anything to complain about quire. Because the tool delivers what they promesse. New features as a kanban view, mind map, calendar and integrations with zapier/IFTTT are anxiously expected by users. But the support and development team have already know about that.

vaibhav from braininfobase.com

Quire helps me manage and complete my daily professional and personal tasks successfully.

task management, project management, team management, reminders

Pros

Quire is really easy to use, intuitive in action with a great user interface. Overall it is smooth and fluid with great features.

Thiago from Itaueira

Industry: Food Production

It helps me to manage a huge amount of tasks in a logical way, without being too worried about time.

Time management was extremely improved.

Pros

E-mail notifications, Google Drive integration, External teams, Multiples ways to define a deadline and recurrent tasks.

Cons

I think tags should be per project and users may have their own tags only visible to them to organize their personal Quire.

Yuri from Pendo.io

Very fluent, fast and powerful task management tool

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Quire. On my first attempt to use it I was pushed back by its minimalistic start point, but after diving a little bit into Quire's functionality, I found it's very useful to manage my own workload, to keep track of my tasks and project and to store the knowledge and comments related to any particular task.

Pros

What I really like is a very clean, intuitive interface that allows me to take different views (list, kanban) on my tasks and projects, configure and move my tasks around, and I like the speed - everything works pretty timelessly for me.

Cons

The feature that I miss in this software is the ability to create a task from an email.