• Pros

• "It does a good job of consolidating input from a group. Pretty easy to use. We do have to hold hands with a few of our users."

• "Very intutive for both admin and users alike. Great tools and functionality for clear communication."

• "I like that you can keep all the client's revisions in one place, compare them and add other people to comment. It's very collaborative and makes jobs a lot easier to track."

• Cons

• "Some of the tools are a little small and it doesn't jump to a comment when you press on the number, which means you have to search around the page for the number."

• "I would prefer if we could make it more proprietary."

• "Our designers sometimes miss details in setting up the proof: there may be no option to "approve". I'd like it to be easier to see this."

Browse ReviewStudio Reviews

Chris from The Arbor Company

Forget the PDF comments - get ReviewStudio!

ReviewStudio is my go-to for getting our internal clients to review documents, flyers, brochures, video, etc. It is great!

Pros

It is easy and quick to upload a file and get a link for reviewing. All of the client’s comments are in one place, no matter how many people review the file. That means just ONE VERSION of a file with all the comments in one place. No more reconciling comments from different sources!

Cons

It can take a little time for new users to understand how to leave comments. We now send them instructions. It would be nice if there was a little tutorial at the beginning.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Chris - Thanks for your positive review. Regarding your request - just wanted to let you know that there is an article and video tutorial available in our knowledge base that is specifically designed to onboard new reviewers. You can share the link to this article with your clients but we will also take steps to make this information more obvious when a new user first accesses the application.

Review Studio User Feedback

Pros

The simplicity in posting a comment is one of the best features of this software. I work with multiple teams, technical and non-tecnhical, and the simplicity of the review feature helps all of us be on the same page. This saves a lot of training cost and time. Also, having multiple reviews on the same window helps us review the implementation of feedback from the previous versions has been done properly. This helps when working with a large number of vendors to ensure all the feedback provided is implemented.

Cons

We as an organisation have always been in awe with the software. Something which we dislike is that review comments lack a bit of chronology if there are multiple reviews on a single file. The numbering, in that case, happens on the basis of who reviewed the file first. But it disturbs the flow for a person who needs to implement those changes. So sometimes finding the comment by number gets a bit tough. Also, with the new interface, the speed of the software has reduced which is a strict no for us.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your positive review. You'll be happy to know that in our latest update we added a sort option to the comments so that you can present them using the original chronology. Hope that helps and please do pass along any additional feedback that can us further improve the application for you.

JOSHUA from Josh Garno Computer Graphics

ReviewStudio Review

It's been very helpful for me and keeps my presentations organized and on the web. The only hassle is the item I described in the "cons section of this review.

Pros

I like that anyone can comment and review that it's updated in real time on the web for everyone else to see. I like that it's visual and easy to use.

Cons

I think the worst part is that my clients don't know anything about this software so they are hesitant to use it to leave reviews. They are not used to it so they use a different method that they are used to. If there were better explanations on how to use it like videos like on freshbooks software it would help people get started leaving a review of my work.

Dana from Dana Hursey Photography Inc

Industry: Photography

Great and AFFORDABLE online review platform

I feel the UI is quick easy and intuitive. I can get images up for review VERY quickly and the ability to lock it down at a certain point is very valuable. I can then let my team loose and use it to track progress and completion of tasks.

Pros

The price point is amazing and even when I go though periods of not using it I maintain my subscription because it is so affordable. The platform itself is clear and easy to use, intuitive and very functional.

Cons

I wish there was a BIT more ability to customize / brand the interface to match my company look but this is a minor issue.

Reasons for Choosing ReviewStudio

At the time it was the only legit product I could find. Since then others have come along but they are insanely priced.

Well worth the investment

My experience over the years has been stellar. You can reach out to anyone there when help is needed and they update the features all the time. It is so intuitive to use it makes most of our client reviews painless.

Pros

Tracking feedback is very easy as with approvals. It is easy for all our clients to use.

Cons

My only con is you cant dictate what order you want new uploads to land in per project. Not a big deal as you just grab and reorder, but removing that step would be nice.

Laurel from Laurophyll

Industry: Graphic Design

Keeps everyone on the same page

Pros

I'm a freelance designer who frequently works with small teams, and projects require feedback from everyone before they can be signed off and sent to print. ReviewStudio is an amazing tool to keep everyone on the same page. The markup tools are very straightforward, and my clients have also remarked how easy the software was for them to use and navigate. Most importantly, ReviewStudio helps my clients save time by avoiding duplicate suggestions, and it helps me save time by containing all the markups in one place. No more digging through email threads or passing marked up PDFs back and forth.

Cons

What really bothers me with this software is how it scrolls with a mouse. You can scroll up or down infinitely it seems like, and it's easy to lose your position if you're used to navigating documents this way. I wish this could be fixed by either limiting the space above/below the page for a single-page document, or by enabling scrolling to view the previous/next page for a multi-page document. This is how our design software works, and I intuitively want to scroll to move between pages.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Laurel - thank you for your positive review. Just wanted to let you now that in our latest release we have addressed that problem you describe with scrolling. Hopefully that helps but please contact us if you have any further issues or suggestions for improvements.

Andre from Impact -XM

simple and effective

We found Review Studio to be the easiest way to quickly discuss visual information over the distance. Talking to remote clients or coworkers on a phone and being able to control and markup the presentation from both (or multiple) sides in one session won several projects for us. :-) Very solid tool!

Pros

ReviewStudio is a sophisticated tool, but intuitive and easy to use by anybody on all platforms and screens. Sometimes we use it as an emergency solution when other methods of collaboration fail. To setup a review takes just a few seconds and you can share it via url link.

Cons

I miss ability to place a text and not to be able to move comment markers in different position (sometime they obscure the view).

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Andre - thanks for your positive review. WRT the comment markers - the person who adds the annotations can reposition them as necessary so that they don't block the view. And you can also hide all the annotations from the canvas if you want to see the completely unobstructed original (or cycle through the annotations one at a time). Hope that helps!

Jim from BrainStorm Inc

Amazing collaboration tool for content development teams!

We are streamlining our review process for video and PDF with our customers.

Pros

It is so easy to upload and share content with stakeholders, and sooo much better than passing around files. Love the version history and how all revision requests are archived for review. Our customers love working with us this way and the learning curve is non-existent. We love Review Studio!

Cons

Hard to find fault with a tool like RS, but our team sometimes send a review that guests cannot access. We wish we could "Allow Guest Access" as a default for all reviews within our account.

jane from What's Happening Promotions

Hits Most of the Points on Our Wish List

After several months of exploring other workflows and trying other proofing solutions, we decided on Review Studio. This week, we are ready to make the leap after the proofing system we were using had an "upgrade". So we moved our timeline up by a month and we aren't looking back!

Pros

Excellent customer support, good client-facing functionality, streamlined proof uploading, amazing search/ file tagging system, both thumbnails AND text for file listing, and rapid notifications.

Cons

No client-facing dashboard. Clients have to rely on their email message filing to see which of their proofs are active/ inactive/ complete. We have clients/ sales reps who manage several dozen portfolios with us and this may start to prove cumbersome for them. We may have to find a workaround at some point, but for now, we are managing.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Hi Jane, Thank you for that very positive review. In response to the concern you raise, I just wanted to let you know that it's only the "guest" reviewers that do not have access to a dashboard. But if you have collaborators who are involved ongoing in multiple projects, you can set up a user account for them so that they can better track their reviews in a dashboard. If you require only a few additional users, we can add them to any plan for a reasonable fee and you can contact us for more information about setting that up.

Jason from Framework Animation Ltd.

Industry: Animation

ReviewStudio is a key part of my customer service

I've been using ReviewStudio (formerly Cozimo) for well over 10 years. It's been a great tool for me and the developers continue to add features and refine the user experience to make it even better.

Pros

Most of my clients are in other cities. The ability to look at various types of media in an interactive way is extremely helpful. It allows me to further a connection with my clients and helps ensure that our communication is effective. Beyond the interactive features, it's also great to be able to post media for review and comment at a client's leisure.

Cons

The only problems I've had with ReviewStudio relate to my hardware. I use a Wacom tablet and I find the responsiveness of the toolbar quite inconsistent and I have to be very specific with how I switch between tools or else nothing happens. The other problem is with my new 4K monitor. For some reason the zoom controls don't respond as expected. That said, these are not unworkable issues for me.

Jonas from Cadpeople UK Ltd

Good simple to use review platform

Our client likes that we offer an online review platform and this adds value to our products and we feel it helps keep better track of changes and feedback.

Pros

We like how easy it is to add image and video feedback also refine the feedback with attachments, links and further comments. The latest additions of client and project based organisation is also a very nice feature. Most of our clients take to the software very easily and have used the features of the platform on projects.

Cons

The software still feels a bit 'young' and we have experienced a few bugs particularly on mobile devices and browsers like Firefox. But we are confident these niggles will be ironed out as the development continues.

Stop sharing files and pull feedback together at one place

After introduction the review studio which was accepted by the whole team immediately our efficacy has increased significantly. We have set up an electronic approval workflow.

Pros

Allows comprehensive workflows. Clear assignment of tasks

Cons

Approval status of one version does not get transferred to file updates with minor changes which is required approval of all involved in all versions. Even with this enhancement potential it’s great

Andrew from CadRender

Industry: Animation

Reviewing Review Studio

We use ReviewStudio everyday. I don't remember how we reviewed projects with clients before we had it. My more demanding clients love the fact that they can draw their own comments directly on the video frames.

Pros

It is easy and secure to share video projects with clients.

Cons

I would prefer if we could make it more proprietary.

Chris from The Arbor Company

Easy Way to Get Reviews of Artwork

We use ReviewStudio to send graphics projects to multiple stakeholders and get their feedback. This works really well for us and allows us to get comments all in one place. Think of it like getting revisions in a Google Docs document but for design...print and video.

Pros

Easy to use. Reviews all in one place.

Cons

I wish it had a checklist we could mark off as the revisions are made. Or a "this edit is approved to make" feature between the project manager and the designer.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied December 2016

Hi Chris, Thank you for that positive review. You'll be happy to hear that our upcoming release introduces task management features that will address your wish for task assignment with a checklist. Regards, Stuart Feldman - ReviewStudio

Michael from Floor Plan Imaging

Great Review Platform with Updates Regularly

Pros

Cons

Can't think of any. The software is very robust and the Review Studio team has fantastic support.

Julia from Furious Lemon

Review Studio

Review Studio enables us to retain clients. It's really useful for large projects where lots of people are involved.

Cons

Good tool for managing group reviews

Josh from Lundberg Family Farms

Industry: Food Production

Proofing streamlined!

ReviewStudio is essential to our company completing our projects on-time. The dashboard helps us organize, the tools lead to clear and concise feedback with actionable tasks to complete, all while being able to proof at any time, from any location.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and is packed with a plethora of tools. The dashboard is great and makes organization of our internal files a breeze. The robust toolset makes it easy for anyone to pick up within minutes of using, and there are handy keyboard shortcuts to boost productivity as well!

Cons

I'm going to be picky here, and it's a very minimal gripe, but the mouse movements/gestures are a little touchy and can cause you to "flick" the document out of the proofing plane. But this is remedied by pressing 0 (zero) to center the view!

Beatriz from Bathroom Takeaway

Amazing tool and time saving!

We have teams in different countries and review studio was the perfect solution to unify the process.

Pros

Keeping all projects organised in one place with teams in different countries.

Cons

It could take a bit to load at times, but it's mainly because of the size of the files, so nothing to do with the tool really.

bruce from microhouse

small architectural practice

We have been using Review Studio for a number of years and find it to be a great value.

Pros

Review studio allows us to collaborate with clients with diverse schedules and have one place where we have a record of comments. I

Cons

Though it is pretty simple, some of our clients aren't interested in learning how to work with the software.

A great help!

We would like the tool to be more robust with the workflow. We don't want to get any messages, until client is still reviewing, and after the client decides to "send the review" he/she should not be any more able to add new comments, but on our side, there should be a RED BLINKING light in the office. The experience isn't like that right now to my knowladge.

Pros

I like, that my clients don't have to log in. And that the software doesn't crash on mobile.

Cons

Not clear workflow solutions. Thie soft needs a better Basecamp integration!

ReviewStudio

Pros

ReviewStudio makes it easy to collaborate across different departments and leave specific comments and feedback.

Cons

There's often a lag time for loading or bugs saying you haven't approved a project when you have, etc.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your positive review. We're sorry to hear that you ran into a bug with the approval feedback. If this is still a problem and you send us the details (support@reviewstudio.com) we'll jump on fixing that ASAP.

Gary from Jacobs

Great, for collaboration

Great tool that really helps the project review process.

Pros

The ability to leave comments at specific points in videos are extremely helpful. Then the additional feature that allows you to draw comments is also great.

Cons

Almost everyone that I invite to a review mistakenly thinks they need to click the Start Presentation button in order to play the video...it can get confusing when several people are independently reviewing.

The amount of comments and projects coming in can be overwhelming. This helps track everything.

Pros

Very easy to use. Helps me stay organized.

Cons

Price could be cheaper for freelancers. More ability to customize would be nice. Having an app to access on a phone would be great. I wish there was a feature to more easily sort comments that have been taken care of.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your positive review. Just wanted to let you know that our latest update did include some additional sorting options for the comments. If there are any others you would find useful just let us know and we can add them.

Good software

Pros

Easy to use interface. Stable and fast backend.

Cons

Space is always an issue since we would not want to spend on cloud facilities.

Response from ReviewStudio

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your positive review. Just wanted to let you know that if storage is an issue, we can add additional cloud storage to any plan for a very reasonable fee. Please contact us if you would like more information.

its been very helpful.

Pros

Upload feature has been great as it keeps our art safe.

Cons

Need it to be easier for then user to sign off and approve.

September 2016

Steven from BDH Media

September 2016

It does what it's supposed to...really well.

I've used it extensively to manage a web series that I was producing with a client that was many 1000's of km away. It provided the perfect interface for commenting and collaborating. Highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use Simplicity Reliability intuitive interface Guest user access

Cons

no audio reviews

Stephanie from Charleston Gaillard Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Review Studio

It is great for small business and teams. You can have everyone proof at the same time and have a record of requested changes!

Pros

Very easy to use even if someone isn't computer savvy. Perfect for small organizations and teams.

Cons

Nothing really, it works great and is easy to use.

Abner from UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism

ReviewStudio

Pros

Breaks through a lot of the communication barriers on video projects

Cons

Sometimes didn't mark down a couple of things, I think they patched and fixed that

Adam from Self-Employed

Industry: Online Media

Great interface for online media

Pros

It makes it easy to display media on websites.

Cons

It can take some time to learn how to use correctly.