All Slack Reviews

Justin

Computer Software, 201 - 500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2021

It can do everything, but sometimes you don't want it to

Frankline

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2020

PERFECT BRIDGE BETWEEN AGENCY AND WORKERS

Slack qualifies to be the best collaboration tool of our generation with users navigating the app with quite a lot of ease. The experience at large is very positive and with such competitive prices, indeed there lies infinite potential with slack. It offers several intergrations iclusive of outlook and zoom among other essential plugins.

PROS

As a messenger app, the basic functions enabling communications are on a perfect edge with a simple, precise interface very easy to navigate. The search option comes in as a plus as you are able to trace your target messaage on a long thread with simple typing of words on the search bar. With slack, we are able to share files with quite a lot of ease and now with the IRC style, we can separate the conversation threads in the presence of multiple members in a team to set up off-topic discussions.

CONS

When sharing your screen with another team or individual, you have to go back to the initial chat to send a message, I would prefer this being done from the same UI of the screen-share. Also the limitation to the number of users attending a video conference does not confer with large organisations such as ours.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Inavailability of notification alerts for meetings made it unreliable.

Reviewed September 2023

Great tool for communicating with a remote team

It's become a fairly ciritcal tool in staying efficient and communicating

PROS

Slack makes it easy to communicate with my team and share files in real-time with my offshore team

CONS

I find it a bit hard to navigate at times and I probably don't use all of the functions to capacity. It can be confusing

Reason for choosing Slack

It's what my team were already using so we went with it

Reasons for switching to Slack

I stil use Click-Up but its easier to communicate directly on slack

Ronald

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Slack is amazing!In the office or on the go,Stay connected with Slack

Client and team communication is much easier with Slack,we are able to keep all our teams and departments on the same page.

PROS

I like that Slack eliminated all the other forms of communication I've used in the past at the office,chatter,email,text and Google messenger.It is easy to use and set up with or without any technical expertise one can use it.

CONS

Nothing in particular to state as a deslike Slack just works wow.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

Slack : A very quick review

Slack improves correspondence among colleagues. In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the need of email yet yes it clearly reduces unnecessary inside messages Slack stays a standout amongst the best group informing applications since it offers more than some other application in this classification. For a variety of devices and platforms, Slack is available: mobile Mac, Windows, Linux, Web, Android, iOS, and Windows. It is a cloud-based tool in real time, so you need an Internet connection to use it regardless of which app you have.

PROS

What I truly like is to discover individuals and ping them and begin a transformation. Most significant, you can share records, photographs, URL, gifs (Very significant), in a solitary spot. Making joint effort simple and something to appreciate. at the point when significant data is imparted to other application it gets lost and there is no record of it. With the slack channel, the data is put away and can be utilized as references Slack makes it workable for its clients to have numerous alternatives of getting informed. The best component, as I would see it, is the place somebody can "@" you in a message or a post.

CONS

Below are some points which I least like in Slack: Video calls are just bolstered in the work area applications and Slack for web in the Chrome program. In the event that you join a call from a cell phone, you get sound as it were. So also, screen sharing just works from the work area applications, what's more, sharing control of screen sharing just works in the Mac and Window work area applications (not Linux). From the web application in Chrome, you can watch on the off chance that another person utilizes screen sharing, yet you can't start it. There is also no option for downloading conversations to create a hard copy record (for minutes of meeting, etc.). No File Preview: If you could preview a document without downloading it first, it would be nice. But Slack does'nt have this feature.

Yuliya

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Slack is a great tool for team collaboration

I like using Slack for communication on my work projects and as a chat with my friends. Slack is a valuable tool for communication and collaboration in the workplace and everyday life.

PROS

One of the main advantages of Slack is intuitive interface. Also I like a channel based structure which allows teams to create a dedicated space for projects.

CONS

When working in a large team with multiple chats I did experience a message overload. It felt like constant stream of notifications and it takes some time to manage them.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Skype lacks the structured channel organization found in Slack.

Milton

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

The go for tool in communication..Slack would recommend it 100%

Overall it easier to communicate with colleagues as well as collaborate in real time.

PROS

I like that with Slack communication with my team members is just a breeze,I can easily chat with the team members, schedule meetings and also connect via video calls seamlessly.

CONS

Slack is a great tool for communication,there is nothing I deslike about it.

Joy

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Slack at ASL

Business instant messaging and employee engagement.

PROS

I like how Slack keep updating, the recent update (video conferencing) is what I am really enjoying since I reduce the hassle for integrating with external web conferencing apps.

CONS

Ever since I started using Slack, it has never disappointed.

Lana

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

good communicator

I use to slack daily. it helps me for work productively.

PROS

I love slack. it helps me for hard-working. Slack is easy to use, also it is so comfortable for chatting

CONS

I don't like slack, when the program is working so slowly.

Phillip

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Slack is the Most Robust BIM Program

It is easy to coordinate on projects via communication channels with Slack.

PROS

The new feature (video conferencing) is the best tool so far since it enables me to schedule and join online corporate meetings.

CONS

I can’t complain since Slack suits all my daily needs at workplace.

Camille

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

The perfect tool for communication and updates

PROS

Platform user friendly, working as a remote worker, my job is based on this tool, this is the best way to keep in touch with my colleague and work with them

CONS

We can be lost sometimes because of many channels created and spam by alerts

Nsereko

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Real-time Support Specialist

My overall experience is that am mind blown with Slack real-time chats.

PROS

The real-time live chats that are easy to send and have instant feedbacks.

CONS

It has no disadvantages that are affecting me.

Reviewed August 2019

Slack's As Good As The Team That Uses It

Slack's an incredibly important part of our organization's tools now. At first there was resistance from some in leadership: would it be distracting, would it be yet one more thing that confuses people about where information is and how to find what you're looking for? But we set some ground rules and best practices early on and had a small team try it out for a few months before making it available company wide. Establishing the expectations around slack and making sure that everyone understands that it's not a tool that people should be expected to be on all the time is critical.

PROS

Slack has been great for our company. Yes, it does cut down on the number of emails our team sends, and it has enabled us to work with our remote colleagues more efficiently. The desktop apps and mobile apps are well designed and the improvement to UX that comes with most updates is often welcome (e.g., recent addition of the Drafts feature).

CONS

The things I like least about Slack are not issues to do with Slack but instead to do with implementation, rules, culture, etc., etc. Like anything that's good and revolutionary, the implementation of Slack requires an understanding that with benefits come downsides. Be wary that humans using this software will remain humans and their idiosyncrasies and personalities will not be masked by the communication tool.

Reason for choosing Slack

At the time we began using slack there was a great incentive for our nonprofit and it was very low cost to try it out. We've not been disappointed.

Ewan

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Ended internal email overload in one day!

Making progress on internal discussions can start in seconds with a Slack group chat. It is hard to imagine a way of managing teams in different countries any other way. Slack removed a reliance on internal emails which often fell short where key people weren't copied in or involved in the discussion. In a similar way, it avoids the CC happy emails where some team members may not need to be included and is an unnecessary distraction. With public channels, anyone can decide if they continue to remain invovled or just choose to 'mute' a channel, even just for a period of time. After using it for over 2 years now, the results are that people in our organisation can manage their communication and let it fit in their workflow. With various integrations it can also be a real timesaver when on the move.

PROS

The options of private/direct group conversations and public and private channels make the various types of cross-team communication most companies need so simple that it's hard to remember how we got anywhere when relying on email. As a personal favourite feature, the option to upload custom emojis makes messaging easier, not just for fun but in the cases where logos/symbols can be easily understood by everyone, it makes quick shorthand.

CONS

Someone who reccomended this product did warn to be careful that it may take over our lives, and they weren't wrong! Through no fault of Slack , the ease of adding channels, setting up groups etc does admittedly add to the noise that can sometimes be a distraction. The Slack call quality can sometimes be unreliable and audio quality isn't amazing.

Reason for choosing Slack

We barely tried alternatives as Slack was so highly reccomended, by the time we begun evaluating it , it was already sold. If there were other software used for 'Chat' they will all have been removed.

Aaron

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Love it. Slack-ing off @ work

It has offered a more comfortable work life and the UX seems to have that as a guiding principal. It works well and has a wonderful host of API's that greatly extend functionality of the software.

PROS

It makes Microsoft Teams or whatever they call it this year obsolete. It's like an intra-office Reddit for us. Hilarious but still very productive.

CONS

That it defaults to trying to update via windows store. Which is not accesible via group policy. Forcing an manual install every time.

Reason for choosing Slack

We actually liked freshdesk for the Helpdesk portion, but slack is like our own "geocities". We each can personalize it to our taste. We are like power rangers each with a different Zord/weapon. Simply because of the API's and extensions available.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Teams us not as robust as slack and is wayyyy more "CORPORATE". Slack is like wayyyy more "MODERN". MS tried though

Shaun

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Fast and Simple

All and all it's been good. I wish it were cheaper but it's not. For what it is though, Slack is an incredible communication tool that has been very reliable to us with no down time and no bugs.

PROS

First off we don't use any of the add-ons. They seem incredibly useful for those who need them but we just don't have the need. What we like about Slack is that it's simple and very fast. We used HipChat back in the day and liked that but once they got bought out by Slack we tried some Rocket.Chat and Microsoft Teams. In the end we had issues with both of these and decided to give Slack a shot. Slack is very simple and easy to use and is extremely quick. We constantly found the competition software would lag after as little as a month or two of use due to all the messages.

CONS

Price. Compared to the competition it's expensive. When Slack bought out HipChat we were initially bummed because our price per user was going from around $2 a month to $7 a month. As a company who doesn't use any of the add-ons this seemed a bit steep. All and all I would say it's still too expensive for what we use it for but the other options out there have issues so large we continue to use Slack.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Microsoft teams was extremely slow. After only 1 month of use it takes up to 3-4 seconds to open a chat window because of all the messages.

Reviewed February 2020

Best Communication Tool Ever.

We had a lot of issues with communication using some Google options, we had used "Chat" and Hangouts for work purposes but we don't get at all the product. So we decided to switch all our operations to Slack and we are amazed! We integrate all our DevOps tools to slack and we are very productive, we are using Slack with Gitlab and other tools and we are very happy with this product.

PROS

Best ChatOps tool, Good price, high-quality product, compatible with a lot of tools for integrations, good order, good for agile teams and DevOps culture teams.

CONS

The unique problem that I had using Slack was with the "community edition" because you can lose your messages, but you can solve it buying the paid edition for $8 per user, It is really a good price and the tool is excellent.

Reason for choosing Slack

Because of the integrations with other tools as Gitlab, Jira, and Clockify and because Slack is a DevOps oriented Chat tool.

Reasons for switching to Slack

We decided to switch to Slack because we felt like Chat by Google doesn't feel like an agile or DevOps oriented product, with Slack we feel like a real DevOps team and we are doing integrations with other tools most of the days!

Christopher

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

PROS

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

CONS

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Reason for choosing Slack

Slack offers a free version so that was great at the beginning. Once we started to use it it really was the software we were looking for to chat about specific projects. We work all over the world and in different time zones so this was the best fit for our start-up company.

Reasons for switching to Slack

Asana just didn't have an easy user experience compared to Slack. We wanted to chat more about our creative projects and Slack filled that area better than Asana.

Dulce