Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Extremely easy and intuitive to use with good overview of all content."
  • icon"Is such an easy tool that now we can't live without out."
  • icon"Squidhub does these great. Squidhub is also very intuitive allowing the users to work on collaboration rather than having to learn the collaboration tool."
  • icon"Lack of shortcut to add all members of a group to a meeting. Can't integrate my moodle calendar of courses into the squidhub calendar."
  • icon"Loads slowly, I only have 8 Groups (most are empty) and when I first load it up it takes quite a while."
  • icon"At first, it is a little confusing but then you soon realize that it is very user-friendly."

Have you used SquidHub and would like to share your experience with others?

All SquidHub Reviews

Marcos

Time used: Free Trial

I found a toll that suits all my needs

A lot of work made simpler. The best way I've found so far to manage projects and supervise students.

Pros

Simply put, SquidHub saves me the time I would waste in the endless search for the best project management / self-organization tool. With SquidHub I found a single place for managing everything I need. By turning different activities of my work and personal life into a SquidHub project, I can manage each in a simple, stress-free way. The efficient layout of SquidHub addresses all my needs for document organization and time-tracking. The result is that I made it my only platform for managing projects and to cooperate with partners. Besides, SquidHub turned out to be an awesome tool to interact with students and supervise their work!

Cons

Sometimes it's tricky to move around objects in the files & links section, and the chat tool is somehow limited.

Brandon

A Great Communication Tool for Teams (and yes even project management)

Ok I know I wrote lots of Cons but it is because I really like SquitHub and want them to see this and get the little bugs/subtle feature requests worked out.

Pros

Just the essentials! Out of all the project management tools or communication tools we have used we use todos, chat, and files. We sometimes attempt using other features but we usually abandon them quickly so it is wonderful to have just what we need and all right there on one screen. I also love that it is mostly keyboard-based.

Cons

Loads slowly, I only have 8 Groups (most are empty) and when I first load it up it takes quite a while. It takes especially long when opening the mobile app and no indication of loading... just a mostly blank screen. While the keyboard-based features are nice I wish it was more. You also have to often jump to your arrow keys while typing to add categories or assign todo to people. A lot of inconsistencies to where sometimes things work one way e.g. you can just start typing the name of a file and once it is at the top you hit tab and it automatically adds it which is AWESOME it works the same with assignees or categories yet on those tab will not work you have to actually still select it or arrow down to which assignee or category you want. Even if you type out the whole name or category you still have to select it somehow to get it to add it. In the notification Icon, I get notified about things that I did (not sure why I need to be notified of todos that I added and assigned to someone else?) and no way of dismissing them or marking them as read.

Reasons for choosing SquidHub

simplicity, was the best fit for my team and how we work.

Reasons for switching to SquidHub

Freedcamp's UI and UX were so painful and slow and hard that it was always a downer anytime I went in there to manage projects.

Talha

Industry: Architecture & Planning

SquidHub for Small Team Collaboration

Being the CEO of our small business, I somehow forced my management team to switch to SquidHub from an amalgamation of WhatsApp and emails.

Pros

We use SquidHub on both iOS, Android as well as its online access through Chrome for use on PC. The interface is quite simple and user-friendly. Splitting various projects into groups and splitting into tasks and sub-tasks is quite intuitive. Assigning roles and responsibilities is also quite easy. The best feature is the integration of meetings into the google calendar.

Cons

The "Files & Links" section appears to be redundant as it appears to be just a hole where you can randomly stuff in various files without any order or an organized retrieval system. Plus there is no recognizable system on how to tag or call out these files/links from the "To Do" or "Messages" panel. SquidHub Team may also look into the possibility of tagging/calling-out the members in the "Messages" panel, that would add a WhatsApp/WeChat like functionality to its communication. Plus there might be a

A must have for work teams

It is a must in our day to day work. I have personally used other chat services in the past and this is by far the best of all.

Pros

Everything. It has everything you might need to work with several teams and the price is just right. It took us a while to find the perfect tool for our team and we don't even remember how we ended up with Squidhub. We are glad we did !!! Is such an easy tool that now we can't live without out. We use it every single day, 24/7. The customer service is amazing, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super responsive and it's always looking out for feedback to improve the product.

Cons

We had a weird week where the system was completely down, which seriously affected our way of working during that time. However, we love this product so much that we managed that week and decided to stick with it until the problem was resolved. Since then, no problems at all!! There have been times when we wish it has more capabilities but like I said, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always looking for ways to make it better and more robust.

Ronnie

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great to-do and sharing of documents

Very good, it allows me to share documents, to-do lists and chat with a larger group of people in an organized way - if you do this in other apps, it becomes very complicated very fast, but not with SquidHub :)

Pros

I really like the to-do functionality, I use it for grocery shopping and share it with my girlfriend so we can each add items and see what we need. I also use it for planning and sharing documents with my sports team, it's a great app :)

Cons

When you start using the app for the first time, you have to get into how it's setup to fully understand all of the functionalities, but now I find it very easy and user-friendly.

Overall easy to use with nice design that really helps to keep track

Better assembly of all documents to make sure we don't have info scattered across the internet.

Pros

Most is actually the use of links that will otherwise drown in other solutions. Integration with Drive also works very well.

Cons

Sometimes assigning a team member to a task can be a bit glitchy, and besides that it can be hard to know how to rename folder or delete it

Response from SquidHub

Thanks for the review. A major upgrade of the todo list (including assigning members) are being released in Q2 this year. Improvements on how to rename/delete files are being released in Q3 this year.

Replied March 2018

Nitin

Project management

It is easy to use SquidHub. It makes project management easy and saves a lot of time for making and assigning task to users.

Pros

1. It is easy track progress of project when multiple users are working on it. 2. Easy to update progress of task assigned to user or person.

Cons

1. We can't repeat a task for multiple days.

SqiudHub

Pros

I use this app in my daily life. I create many tasks everyday and then i check am i complete my daily tasks or not. It is good. Excellent work.

Cons

No auto add daily same tasks(if user want same tasks add automatic). No hint how to use this app.

I am a project manager

Pros

The functionality is very logical, which is very important to me and the team. Also, I find the functionalities very useful in my daily work.

Squidhub is awesome for scouting!

Very good. Any issues were resolved fast. Very easy for people to learn and move fast.

Pros

Most teams need very few things to be really collaborative. They need to see tasks. They need to collaborate on files and they need a centralized area for chat that can be reviewed. Squidhub does these great. Squidhub is also very intuitive allowing the users to work on collaboration rather than having to learn the collaboration tool.

Cons

I would drive for more 3rd party integrations

Lasse

Industry: Industrial Automation

Smooth and never had problems.

All in one centralization of several other services. The to-do board is not equivalent to the usability of Trello though.

Pros

The integration with google drive is magnificent. The fact that it is instantly shared to all group members make group presentations a piece of cake + whenever you have notes to be written and shared this eases the process compared to retrieving the google link and then sharing it through social media etc.

Cons

Slightly challenging to rename folders. Lack of shortcut to add all members of a group to a meeting. Can't integrate my moodle calendar of courses into the squidhub calendar. That when you click calendar, you can't click the same button to go back to your recent position.

Michelle

Squidhub helps getting an easy overview of group participants and files shared for projects

Pros

It is easy to navigate the files, and organise them in a meaningful way. Also the ability to uploade any kind of file is positive

Cons

There are some problems when using the mobile application. Especially when uploading multiple images or files at once.

Response from SquidHub

Thanks a lot for the review. The mobile applications received a major make-over and improvements in December 2017 and January 2018. However, be informed that uploading multiple images at once from the mobile device will first be prioritized in the second half of 2018. Since you've only given the functionality 2/5 stars, we're interesting in understanding what more you'd expect to see inside the product. Feel free to reach out to support@squidhub.com. Best, The SquidHub Team

Replied March 2018

Louise

Eight thumbs up

Pros

An easy way to keep track of all kinds of projects. Great place to collect files and to stay in touch with collaborators.

Cons

I would love the possibility to personalize the layout - and to know if collaborators did read messages.

A game-changer

Overall I've found it a simple but helpful service, especially for organizing personal things (keeping track of 'honey-dos') and project management at work.

Pros

This has made it much easier to organize documents to share with my partner, but more importantly, it simply gives a great overview of my important documents and puts them where I can quickly access them.

Cons

I find it difficult to delete folders and documents. I have never used the chat function.

Simple and easy to use

SquidHub has made group work with other students so much easier, since it is simple and easy to use without having an unnecessarily large amount of features.

Pros

Both the browser and the app version of SquidHub is very easy to use and has just the right amount of features needed for conducting simple group work.

Cons

The software does sometimes act up and causes temporary crashes, but it seems to be improving.

Rodrigo