• icon"TurboMeeting is reliable, inexpensive, feature-rich, easy to install and maintain."
  • icon"Free, easy to use, great features for the meetings you typically hold - talking heads."
  • icon"To have the ability to hold a meeting from one location and invite attendees from any location."
  • icon"I have also had to reboot the appliance a few times, due to no response on the network. But no more often than once every 2 to 3 months."
  • icon"Too much information in calendar. It gets confusing for the team with too many options."
  • icon"I don't think this is necessarily a problem specific to TurboMeeting though. The user on the other end is generally the real problem."

All TurboMeeting Reviews

Ryan

It's a great remote tool and the price can't be beat.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use. I've helped support a lot of computer illiterate and elderly people and they were able to let me remote into their systems pretty easily. I've been using this product for 5 years now. I've tried all the remote support software and this is the best and most economical. Whenever I have a problem or question I talk to their support agent and he's great to work with.

Cons

Yearly support renewals. It's not too bad to renew though, all the companies do it. Some of the smaller products seem to go out of life pretty quick.

Jack

Industry: Wholesale

A reliable and feature rich choice for conferencing and support.

We've had TurboMeeting for several years. I bought it back when alternatives were very expensive. We've used it for years to host webinars and support sessions with our remote employees. Since moving to Office 365 for our Office software needs, most web conferences are handled with Skype for Business, or more recently, Teams. However, the IT department does still use TurboMeeting to assist customers when they need help or to troubleshoot issues a customer reports about our website.

Pros

Cons

The only problem I've ever had with TurboMeeting is that it can sometimes be problematic talking a remote user through the process of connecting to a meeting, particularly support meetings with inexperienced users. I don't think this is necessarily a problem specific to TurboMeeting though. The user on the other end is generally the real problem.

Reasons for choosing TurboMeeting

Cost. We did subscribe to Webex for a period under a discount offer, but they were too expensive for our needs, which are limited.

Jose

Very cheap Alternative to other vendors

It’s a good product , but it was not the right fit for our organization

Pros

Ability to host the server on premises Overall cost to license and renew the platform Integration with Outlook

Cons

Unfortunately because of the on-premises solution hosting. The trade off was that we were limited by our own network capabilities. Also, the learning curve for most of the end users became too high to overcome. Many of our overseas users experienced issues connecting

Industry: Utilities

Great flexible , affordable, and easy to use product

For It shops and small and medium businesses this product is perfect. Pay once and annual support and it is very budget friendly.

Pros

Quick to bring in and setup. It has been reliable now for almost 6 years and allows IT the flexibility to help support users and users to feel empowered to host their own meetings. User provisioning is simple and security groups can be easily applied.

Cons

It could use better auditing and logging. Such as being able to search and store meeting chat history and user activity like file transfer attempts and maybe a digital loss and content filter. But those are advanced options that may only be needed for regulated industries. Two factor for Admins would be nice. Some times remote admin has hiccups with prompts and reconnecting.

Reasons for choosing TurboMeeting

Price and control and flexibility. Pay once and infinite uses. ability to leave meetings and support access open.

The best, most cost effective solution money can buy!

Freedom to remotely access in every way necessary (video, remote control, webinar, etc.) while maintaining on-premise security

Pros

I have used this appliance in two agencies I have worked in. As a matter of fact, I have assisted in purchasing it in each of them. When comparing the cost to the alternative vendors, there was no comparison. One of the biggest reasons I moved to this solution is the ability to download the client to a computer without the need for administrative credentials, as our users do not have those rights. From an IT point of view, we love the ability to connect to computers outside our network, without the users needing admin rights, and then be able to elevate TurboMeeting in the session, without user assistance other than clicking a single button. Then there is an option to reboot the remote PC into safe mode, with networking support, and auto reconnects once in safe mode!!! Also, the ability to use LDAP domain authentication is very handy in our large organization. Other solutions we have used have required reconnecting the session after network changes have been made. For example, when we troubleshoot VPN sessions, once connected to the VPN we have previously had to reconnect after the user attaches to a VPN session. TurboMeeting/RHUB appliances seem automatically detect there is a change in the network connection and attaches to the session. Overall, we LOVE this appliance for ALL of its functionality.

Cons

There have been times I have had to wait for fixes to the firmware in order for our environment to work correctly. But there are two sides to that scenario... because of their great customer support, it didn't take a year for these kinds of fixes to take place. As soon as I brought up the problems, they began working on them. That is the kind of company this is. I have also had to reboot the appliance a few times, due to no response on the network. But no more often than once every 2 to 3 months. I would like to see LDAP Security and Authentication built out to allow for nested group membership, and Admin rights added to LDAP groups (rather than local users on the device only)

Albert

Industry: Research

Problem free for 7 years.

Our users us this daily internally with our own employees and externally with clients. The only problem I ever had with this product is running out of licenses. This product is instrumental in providing web based conferencing functionality and in making our teams more productive.

Pros

- Does what it needs to do (web conferencing, HD video conference, Remote Support, Remote Access - I like the simplicity of the user interface and administration - Maintenance Free - Used the TM250 for 7 trouble-free years - Push Updates from RHUB - More cost effective than Webex

Cons

Some might say the UI is a bit crude but it does work for me. We just upgraded to a TMA - 20. When I got the package, my first reaction was "Did they send me the right hardware?" The package was small and light. When I opened it, it was smaller in Length and Width of an iPhone 7. Our old unit was a TM-250 which was the size of a Zotac micro-computer. Can't believe something this small can be an improvement over what we currently have. This isn't a "con" but more of a feedback. If it works as well as our old one with the new footprint then that is amazing.

Dan

TurboMeeting is very reliable and R*HUB is a great technology partner!

Ease of use. Reliability. Great support from R*Hub!

Pros

TurboMeeting is very easy to use for our in-house support staff, our external contractors, and our customers. In the rare situations where we need support, our rep and his team have always been quick to respond and very helpful in providing guidance and resolutions. The yearly cost of this technology is minimal compared to the excellent reliability, usability and support!

Cons

We are generally very happy with the product. Occasionally we'll run into a snag if the customer/user who we are connected to is not an Administrator on the computer, but we can verbally guide them through necessary steps while observing their desktop.

Using for meetings AND computer support AND Android phone support

Our organization uses it daily for meetings. The IT department uses it daily to reach computers off of our network or to contact computers on our network that are dropping the regular remote support tool connection (Manage Engine Desktop Central).

Pros

Solid product. Easy to use. Can run from the installed application or the Internet Website interface. Works well for meetings. Works well for remote support onto computers. Allows me to see the screen on an Android phone. If there is a question or issue, (almost never) the support staff is great.

Cons

We started to use this product for cell phone support for our users. When viewing an Android phone, I can't CONTROL the Android phone with the software, only view it.

Brian

Time used: Free Trial

February 2010

It is WebEx in a box

Highly recommended to those who want to cut the related subscription expenses, improve productivity with the unlimited usage and enhance business identity through various customization and integration functions provided by the appliance. If you are in finance and legal business where security is critical, you won't find a better alternative.

Pros

The major advantage is cost saving. It claims you can get paid back in 3-5 months compared to hosted services. I agree with it. The appliance comes with four applications: web meeting, seminar, remote support and remote access. To an SMB company, it serves its needs very well. The performance is fast and the image quality is excellent. One nice little function worth to mention is it allows you to redirect your attendees to your website at the end of each session. The installation is fairly easy taking around 15 minutes. Once it is done, leave it alone and it will self-update. The support staff is knowledgeable and very helpful.

Cons

You do need a stable and faster Internet connection in order to deliver a decent service to your customers by the appliance. I would recommend you should use a cable Internet connection. A DSL connection is a stretch. Also, as a part of the total costs, you need to consider the optional 20% annual service fees (after the first 12 months) to cover the software upgrade, support and hardware warranty.

Kyle

Easy to use. Versatile, with great features.

Pros

Very easy initial installation. User friendly interface makes it simple to setup a call quickly. Integration with Microsoft Outlook is great. Recording feature allows users to replay calls later. No monthly cost. Minimal annual warranty fee.

Cons

Too much detail in calendar appointment sometimes confusing to recipients ie: alternate numbers, tips, etc.

Goutam

I love this product..

Pros

Value for money / Security, we have full control over the appliance, easy maintenance, we are rarely calling Turbo Meeting support.

Cons

Sometimes we face problems with voice quality during sessions, especially long distance customers. Also, we are facing problem from Mac system.

Zachary

Buy this instead of WebEx, or GoToMeeting, etc. It really is a replacement and 1/10 the cost.

Enterprise level software for small business pricing, you'll be happy you bought Turbo Meeting.

Pros

It does everything we need that all the big names do at a fraction of the cost. I think there is a conspiracy by the large corporations to suppress knowledge of TurboMeeting. Buy this, you won't regret it. Their licensing and pricing model is exactly what we needed.

Cons

There may have been a bug in the past about integrating the API with our website for users to sign up for webinars, but honestly it's not a feature we had much need for and may have already been fixed with a software update.

Ted

Have been using the product for a number of years and it is a great tool for remote support.

Pros

There are no monthly fees. It is simple to setup and start using. The support team, is quick to respond, though I rarely need support.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Solid product with a great price point

"Top shelf" communications product that gives me everything I need.

Pros

For less cost than just about every competitor, I get as many or more features than all of the others. The product works very well and it's platform agnostic abilities allow anyone to use it effectively and efficiently. When I've wanted a feature modified, their engineering team has always tried to implement it in a reasonable amount of time.

Aakash

Excellent Product

Pros

It's very easy to use and very much comfortable for everyone to access and host or work on a project

Cons

You need to have very high speed internet connectivity to keep yourself updated and match with the other users

Karen