• Pros

• "The product is fairly easy to use and creates nice PDFs."

• "We like the consistency of the documents that are products."

• "It is very useful to set up proposals. Many people can work at the same time at different locations,"

• Cons

• "It has some limitations to work with Excel files, it's the only thing I do not like, everything else is super complete."

• "For the track changes part, it needs some improvement. We wish it can be used like word track changes function."

• "The collaboration portion is not very user friendly."

Browse XaitPorter Reviews

Jocelyn from RESIDE Worldwide

Great Document Formatting, Storage & RFP Program

We keep coming back for more year after year. Overall as our admin and heavy user, I've really enjoyed the system.

Pros

I love that XaitPorter has a straightforward user interface that responds as simply as Word yet formats everything to our corporate specs as established in our onboarding. The system allows my team to produce professionally formatted documents without the headaches of formatting it or outsourcing the document for branding purposes. As the head of marketing I know that anything that comes from XaitPorter will be to our brand standards. Plus it's a foul proof system - the team can't break it! We also have started using the system as an RFP management tool allowing for assigning of tasks and monitoring workflows and completion status updates. Makes it easier to manage one system vs. 15 people.

Cons

The only con with the software is it just requires people to learn in the system and play around in it. Makes it a little hard to onboard a team to the software especially for those who need repeated usage and don't use it all the time. Also, it is not the easiest software to onboard people on, I remember when we first had our onboarding, you can teach features and functions (which are very straightforward) but there's no really good start to finish demo that would allow someone to grasp full functionality for their business. The system is really customized to the projects you are looking to do - which is a pro and a con I guess.

Ian from Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing

Significant Improvement in Proposal Development

We wanted to improve our proposals - look, feel, efficiency at creating. XaitPorter is the perfect solution for anyone who produces technical or commercial proposals. It is so easy to use, proposals look great (and in line with our corporate guidelines). Very easy decision to continue using.

Pros

1. So simple to pick up and use - within 10 mins you are able to create a professional-looking proposal. If you use Word you can easily use XaitPorter 2. Standard look and feel to proposals - with the way XaitPorter is set-up all our proposals across the world look and feel the same 3. Document sharing is so simple. Multiple people can work on the same document at the same time without issues. 4. Document library - once we set up document libraries, creating a complex proposal is very easy - and having standard content across the company is fantastic. 5. Xait support - we have a dedicated contact point (not just a standard email address) who provides feedback very quickly and troubleshoot any issues we have. 6. Proposal templates - one template gives same look across the company which matches our corporate guidelines. If we ever need to make a change it will be automatically added to all our templates.

Cons

1. No dedicated App.... sometimes having the ability to comment, update and create proposals on an iPhone would be very useful... currently XaitPorter isn't set up for mobile phone usage (I think iPhones with bigger screens it can work).

Maxine from SOFEC, Inc.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Xaitporter is very user friendly.

Very good.

Reasons for Choosing XaitPorter

Henrik from Aker BP ASA

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use colaboration software

As a Porter administrator I have very good experience with porter. It’s easy for new users to get started with Porter, easy to set up lay-out templates that saves the users a lot of time. The functionality with setting up a workflow with responsible contributors and deadlines ease the whole document creation process and ensures that the document is completed before deadline.

Pros

Multiple users working on same project/document, easy re-use of documents, templates for layout and branding, easy access control.

Cons

None that I can think of ... - at all...

Gregory from Magseis Fairfield

Good, but not Improving

Pros

This product allows us to do online collaboration so that we can work together as a team to build documents. It allows us to separate the content from the style so that we can focus on the technical details and forget about the look and feel. It's a lot more user friendly than Latex, which was an alternative that I had been considering for a while.

Cons

There isn't an easy way to number items in a table. I asked XaitPorter to implement this feature a long time ago and they said that they'd take it under consideration. As far as I know, they've forgotten about my request. Me and my team spend a lot of time manually numbering items in tables and we frequently make mistakes that show up in published documents.

Kenneth from Magseis Fairfield

XAIT Review

I use it because that is what the company uses.

Pros

The product is fairly easy to use and creates nice PDFs.

Cons

Drag and drop pictures/attachments, it is very tedious and cumbersome to have to upload and insert multiple pictures. Referencing (bookmarks), if I want to write out a giant table of information but then later reference just key parts I cannot, I have to retype it again. Search and replace does not work on attachment names I have found. I have to print out a PDF and do a search for the woods to make sure not present. Creating tables is tedious and painful and not user friendly.

Laurie from Magseis Fairfield

Proposal Writing

Pros

We like the consistency of the documents that are products.

Cons

The collaboration portion is not very user friendly.

Anna from Magseis Fairfield

Definitely useful

Easy to use once you spent some one on one time with it! Love consistent results that look highly professional every time.

Pros

The best part about using XaitPorter is how clean and streamlined our documents look. Also, they all have standard appearance making our products (technical proposals) look consistent every single time.

Cons

The spell checker needs improvement. Ideally, I want my spell checker to highlight wrong words or bad grammar or even stylistic mishaps immediately after I type them. Also, I wish Xait were a little more intuitive for new users.

Janie from Magseisfairfield

Great control of documentation

Overall good experience but limitations make it a challenge.

Pros

The ability to monitor revisions and the database for storing images. Excellent for controlling permissions and reviewing rights.

Cons

Automated editing or formatting is limited. Numbering and transitioning from word documents have some trouble.

Christian from Aker BP

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent for seamless collaboration with many contributors, somewhat clunky when creating tables

When collaborating with many people, I know of no other software that remains 100% stable and safeguards your work - like XaitPorter

Pros

Seamless collaboration. Even if many people are editing at the same time, there is NEVER a problem with corrupt files or loss of work

Cons

Creating tables is a bit clunky. When creating the tables, one has to make many clicks, but the end result is usually very nice

Georga from ABB Inc.

April 2016

Great product for repetitive proposal responses

This package is excellent for anyone who completes product based proposals that are highly repetitive. The repository can take a while to set up depending on your product lines and the amount of detail you want to include in your responses. However once it is set up and you are able to use the software as it was designed, you can save yourself a lot of time. Customer service has been very quick regardless of the issues. Support is knowledgeable on the software and is able to answer any questions that arise. Package has some limitations in working with excel files. Majority of all other document types are compatible. Overall I would recommend XaitPorter to any company wishing to streamline their look and feel of their document and proposals submittals.

Birgitte from Subsea 7

Useful tool

Pros

Traceability and maintained revisions Review/Approver/user allocation Easy to follow of status and process of completion Copy from previous submissions

Cons

Spell check section by section instead of all document - time consuming Tables locked in formatting Pictures time consuming to edit Table of Content limited format so can see full text without draging line each time

Michel Alexander from Seguros Altamira

I will never have to worry about formatting again, now I easily manage the structure of the document

It has been a great help for the company since it helps us to be professionals before our clients

Pros

There is total control, if you are creating your manual on a computer you will know exactly what is happening, everyone works on the same document accessible from anywhere and at any time, it is not necessary to send files from one place to another, create templates that follow The guidelines of the company, create key text to highlight certain sections, create tables and add high resolution images that do not harm your formatting.

Jocelyn from ABODA

Great Tool

We use this tool so that 10 of us across sales, account management and marketing can work on proposals together or separately. Helps our company look professional in the eyes of our clients.