• Pros

• "Zeplin makes is incredibly easy to hand off design items (mockups, prototypes, completed designs, etc.) to the development team."

• "I love how handoffs are so easy to do, as all the design elements are clearly shown on the screen and all elements have easy CSS references."

• "I was totally stunned by how easy it is to export designs and keep them updated. From communication with your fellow designers/developers to exporting specs etc. - great tool!"

• Cons

• "The free tear can only store one project at a time. It was sometime cases when the software was not 100% accurate."

• "On the frontend it is not always perfect. Watch out for the autogenerated CSS as it is not always what you are expecting"

• "I could have used editing the preset for a project, whether it is web or android or iOS based - because I accidentally set the wrong preset. "

Browse Zeplin Reviews

Brent from WineDirect

Zeplin is a must for software teams with UX/UI and development.

Looooooove it! Zeplin is great for large or small teams. The designers can focus on design, and the developers can focus on developing without working if something follows the style guide... because it does with Zeplin.

Pros

Cons

None. I love Zeplin. I've used it at two companies and it's greatly improved the process between design and development.

Lisa from Myagi

Good product that could be even better

Pros

- Ability to upload designs really easily for design/dev handover. Love the snippets of code our devs get directly from Zeplin - Ability to comment directly on the screens - Love the slack integration

Cons

- Different colors might have similar names from one project to another if you don't have a global styleguide (which has messed the colors in our product in some areas) - Global styleguides are extremely buggy -- it's very hard to replace/move/rename colors once you've imported colors from a project. - There is no functionality to see how the flow of the design work (you have to manually annotate in a comment where each button/link brings you to) so we need to rely on prototypes or other flow chart tools to explain that to devs - No way to communicate animations

Thomas from AppFoundry

Zeplin review

Pros

Using the software as a mobile front end developer, our designer uses this software to pass designs to frontend developers. It is easy to find out the correct layout specs. Best feature is the option to copy the xml from the android design.

Cons

easy to use product, no really negative feedback.

Eshaan from Flipkart

Simple Easy Dev Handoff

Pros

I've been using Zeplin for nearly 3 years now, and the best thing about Zeplin is that its reliable and easy to setup. It has no fancy gimmiks which other tools in the same category do have but simply because it robust it is my choice.

Cons

Too many software updates. Each and every time I open Zeplin there is a software update pending. I wish Zeplin could solve the dev handoff problem end to end by use of design tokens and better design system documentation, and become that single source of truth for designers and developers.

Great for developers w/o Photoshop

Helped us get a new build from design to live quickly!

Pros

Easy to find needed styles by searching the comps. Ability to add comments for clarity was very helpful during development stage.

Cons

Seems to crash if left open too long. Sizes and font weights don't always seem to translate correctly from the design to web.

Beautful Software

Great for collaboration, great for hand off, great first experience. Will continue to use and recommend.

Pros

You can tell that the creators of Zeplin are very creative. The graphics are beautiful. I have only used this for one project because we wanted to try it out. Therefore, it was free. The free version is pretty good. If I'm signed on for another project, I would pay for this software. I also found that the support team is great. They answer very quickly.

Cons

It was my first time using this software, and there was a bit of a learning curve. Afterwards, though it's great! So not a complaint. I'm just really happy about this program. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Hannah from Iris London

Brilliant!

Very positive experience with Zeplin so far, quick to use from my side of the job upon receiving a zeplin file from a designer.

Pros

This has eased the process of accessing assets from the designer on this project. Although I see only my side of Zeplin it is simple to use and much quicker than having to slice out every needed asset from a photoshop or sketch file.

Cons

If I need an asset outside of what has been prepped by the designer this is not possible through Zeplin and I would have to find the Photoshop or Sketch file and create an asset from that the oldschool way.

Adrian from Education management

Excellent hand-off from designers to developers

Very nice tool with a great interface. Easy to use and handle saving a lot of time in the development process.

Pros

I used this software to hand-off design elements to developers from Adobe XD. I liked it was very easy to go from XD to Zeplin. The user could organize the projects very well and the interface was very clear to me. Once the projects were ready inside their folders you could pick up many properties and values straight from the design. Also collaboration was easy using links you could share with stakeholders.

Cons

Fully offers what you need for design-development exchange

It is an awesome tool to keep track of your desings and exchange information on versions, add hints and/or insights.

Cons

Great tool for handoff to devs

We have solved handoff to development with a means that they feel comfortable with.

Pros

I like how devs can easily see what colors, font size, or spacing is in my designs.

Cons

I wish the platform was more flexible. It’s easy to get lost in the list of all the exported designs. It would be easier if you could have buckets within the projects.

Zeplin

As a software tester, during the early phases of testing it is important to see how the app is supposed to be designed. Zeplin allows me to easily login and view all of the current screens prepared by the UX team as a reference point.

Pros

Easy for me as a software tester to view all the screens for the app I am testing

Cons

No complaints during my usage of the software

So far so good

It is great. We will probably use it until something else comes along.

Pros

We picked up Zeplin recently and it has really increased productivity by more easily translating project specs in nifty ways!

Nihar from FabFitFun

Zeplin provides an easy way for handoffs to happen

Pros

Cons

I don't like how there's no prototyping available in the software. If there was prototype support, this software would be improved a lot.

Victoria from Transdev

Amazing

Great. Will be using continuously as everyone on our team loves it.

Pros

This software is so user friendly and useful in my day to day work helping my parents design their product. Allows for very easy communication with designers.

Cons

No complains so far. Very good overall and easy to use. Has been very easy to train my parents to use it as well.