All QCommission Reviews

Jeannette

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2016

A Decade of Great Experiences!

We at TKO Associates started working with the QCommission team in 2008 and have been continually delighted with the support and the ability of Technical support to listen and understand our ever-changing needs. Recently we have asked for a custom report that every company needs for job costing. The Customer, specific Job, flexibility for dates and flexibility for Rep. The team at QCommissions has been attentive, willing to change when we said "that's great" but can we have it to do this not that. The technical team is patient and always contacts us in a timely manner. We believe that QCommission is the best software for the money. Thank you, Team, we are glad to have you on outside as we continue to grow.

PROS

The flexibility and the team support.

CONS

As all software, when updates occur, the custom fields have to be revisited, but the technical team is efficient and always ready to help

Laura

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Custom fit for complicated needs

The customer service team is dedicated and professional. ALL of our needs and questions are always met and answered in a timely fashion. We've had a great experience working with their teams, from the sales to implementation and service.

PROS

We have a highly intricate and diverse commission compensation plan. QCommission is highly customizable and functions with complicated layers of data while yielding accurate and valuable management reports. We like to self-manage the program, which the service team has been very helpful with.

CONS

In house custom reports require some programming (SQL) knowledge.

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for your feedback on QCommission! We're glad that it works with your complex compensation plan and that you're happy with our customer service team! I have forwarded your feedback regarding the custom reports to the appropriate team so they can work on improving those in future releases. Thanks again, and we look forward to doing business with you for years to come. Stay safe always! All the Best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Replied April 2021

Mirna

Reviewed March 2018

Overall the experience up until we went Live was very stressful. We had very specific requirements.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the Commission Statements. They are very professional and detailed.

CONS

There are some administrative functionality that was difficult to figure out on your own due to it being a multiple step process. For example, making a tier change and adding a new sales person. But with that said, QC Support (Yuvaraj) was excellent at guiding us through our issues. We were able to create "How To" procedures after getting the information from QC Support.

Hi Mirna. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We're sorry for the stress the go-live process has caused you. Please know that I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate team and that we will do our best to make things better moving forward. Thanks. - Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Replied March 2018

Laura

Reviewed November 2017

Excellent. The product, the customer service, the overall solution has been streamlined.

PROS

It has been an immense time savings to our company. With paying near 1,000 payees with over 60 different comp plans, this flexible solution has been extremely helpful in tracking payee movement, incentives, and audit trails. Not to mention, the support team's customer service is second to none. For the low price of the system, we've already seen a return on investment in our eyes.

CONS

One must be very detailed when going thru the requirements of the software with the implementation team, and if adding enhancements going forward as well.

Hi Laura, this is great! We're glad that QCommission has been a huge help to you and that you're already seeing a return on investment! I have noted down the "con" that you mentioned and will share it with the appropriate team so we can continue to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We sincerely appreciate it. :) - Dianne Marketing Coordinator

Replied December 2017

Alex

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

QCommission is a solid commission processor that does almost everything I need (see cons)

It has made my job significantly easier, rendering several weeks of work down to just a couple days a month. I have found that it is highly accurate, and often the only mistakes are due to user error alone.

PROS

- The ability to use the data integration module to import bulk data templates from insurance carriers - Automated calculations of commission splits - Easy to edit splits and payees - The custom report that tracks the premium periods of commissions paid - The customer service that comes with the software

CONS

- Initially, I found the software to be tricky to use. The data integration error codes often do not explain in basic language how to rectify the problems. Once I used the software for a few months though, it became second nature to understand what they meant. - The standard reports are far too much information. I no longer use the reports out of QCommission - I export data to Excel and create pivot tables that summarize multiple rows of transactions for a given customer and product into one number. It is a much more logical commission statement than seeing every single $0.05 adjusting transaction from the carriers on it's own row.

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for writing a review of QCommission. We appreciate your time, and we're also grateful for the feedback. I have forwarded your review to the appropriate team so that they can work on improving QCommission even more. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you in many years to come! - Dianne

Replied July 2017

Lisa

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Satisfied Customer

After many months of researching a commission software program that was affordable and easy to use, Cellarstone/Q Commission program met all of our requirements. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], along with his team, worked diligently and continually with our company ensuring all necessary conditions/details were met. We work primarily with the animal health industry and our items/ commissions are unique to most. We utilize our commissions program on a daily basis and are extremely pleased with the details, reports, ability to revise, setup reports to meet our (very) specific, detailed needs

PROS

designed specifically to meet our needs

CONS

no negatives all requirements fulfilled.

Reasons for switching to QCommission

No longer in business

Hi, Lisa! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it, and we are glad that QCommission is helping make your sales commission process easier. Thank you again! Take care and stay safe. All the best, Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

Replied June 2020

Norynne

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Definatley Recommend QComm

We have worked with QComm for a few years now and we could not be happier with both the product and the people. Our experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Project Manager was really something special. Her dedication and drive to understand our needs went above and beyond, by far. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our current Customer Success manager has also show an amazing desire to understand who we are, anticipates what we need even before we do and is nothing less than spectacular. I do also have to give a special mention our developer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Our program turned out to be much more extensive than originally planned and he exhibited a desire to understand our needs and the focus and drive to make sure everything was built perfectly (even with some trailing adjustments). With an unmatched balance of that "personal touch" and professionalism we all look for, I am very happy to recommend QComm.

PROS

Ease of use and quickness of system.....

CONS

System is a bit technical, so some may need a second training.

Hi Norynne! Thank you so much for taking some precious time to write a review for QCommission. We are thrilled that you are happy with everyone you've worked with thus far. We will strive to go above and beyond to always give you and all of our customers the kind of service you deserve. Thanks again, and please always stay safe. :) - Dianne G., Marketing Coordinator

Replied August 2020

Jeanine

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Commission for financial services company

The QCommission team is very responsive to my needs and requests.

PROS

Qcommissions is easy to use and eliminate wrong or missed commissions for my employees. The software cuts down the time I spend each period calculating commissions.

CONS

Some of the options are not straight forward in how they are named so it takes getting used to. The main page seems to be built for the end user with large icons and user friendly, but some of the more detailed reports and drop downs feel more like they are tailored to the producer.

Hello, Jeanine! Thank you for writing a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it. We're so happy that QCommission has helped cut down the time you spend on calculating sales commissions! I have forwarded your recommendations to our dev team so we can make QCommission even better for you in the future. :) Best, Dianne Gutierrez Marketing Coordinator

Replied March 2021

Jeannette

Used free trial

Reviewed July 2009

TKO Associates knocks out commissions with QCommission!

I have recommended QCommission to many of my other QuickBooks and Enterprise clients. The cost is very reasonable and the benefits are soaring. Jeannette Johnsen QuickBooks Pro Advisor 972-672-8773 jeannette@jmulderqb.com TKO Associates Dallas, TX

PROS

Extremely helpful and knowledgeable programming staff and responsive customer service team. Able to customize QCommission to satisfy the requirements for many unique situations. Custom orders paid for in previous periods, even previous years, and applied to current period sales orders and invoices, the team worked to configured a field that allowed completed date to be read. Queries were configured & developed that allowed interim commission reports and be pro-active in looking at invoice and line item P&Ls Queries were developed that allowed mass hold items with sales but not cost, easy to review and research before commissions. They produced a query to down load individual sales persons reports so the sales could monitor during the month. This allowed the sales team to be involved with their reports throughout the month, not just at the commission time. Saving for the company went across the board, labor, accuracy and satisfied and happy sales team members.

CONS

Time for contact is limited because of QCommissions being in California and the site in Dallas, TX but Customer service was flexible and able to arrange time.

Brian

Reviewed May 2016

These guys could care less about your business

I contacted them to purchase their product and Matt called me back. He left a message basically telling me my company was too small. I called their sales team 3 times and left messages asking for a return call. They don't have the foresight to know that just like Walmart, Home Depot, McDonalds were all small at one time. Heck even Qcommisions was small at one time. They obviously have no idea on how to treat new prospect/ clients.

PROS

none they are awful and could care less about new clients

CONS

Awful customer service and their sales team is probably the lamest I've ever experienced

Hello, Brian. Our sincerest apologies for what happened. I have forwarded your review to Matt's boss and explained what happened. I believe he was trying to offer our other product, Easy-Commission, which is built for less complex sales commission needs. We'll work with him so that he can provide alternatives without coming off as offensive. My apologies again, and if you'd like to hear about Easy-Commission, please feel free to get in touch with me so that I can hook you up with a needs analysis and a free demo. :) Dianne G., Marketing Officer dianalyn_gutierrez.ic[at]cellarstone[dot]com

Replied September 2016

Denise

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Big enough to support our needs yet affordable

Prior to our implementation of QCommission, our commission process was manual, error prone and did not have any good reports for our commission-able employees. That meant the accounting department was always having to answer lots of questions, always double checking calculations, and it was a time consuming inefficient process. During our implementation process, we were able to refine our commission policy to be more fair and more effective. Our project manager,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was incredible to work with. She did not give up and really dug into our processes and ensured the software was implemented correctly.

PROS

The software reflects the team that designed it. It is surprisingly powerful for the cost. And it is surprisingly adaptable to complex commission structures. The QCommission team was absolutely great to work with. They stayed with us tenaciously during the implementation phase as we not only changed our commission software but our accounting software. Overall, it is a great product designed by great people.

CONS

I truly liked everything about the software. If I searched for a con, it would be that the user interface should be updated but that is truly minor when comparing to the functionality.

Reason for choosing QCommission

It is interesting that the alternative product was an order of magnitude more expensive. It had many features we did not need but it was not as configurable as QCommission. Complexity of commission structure is not indicative of size. Before we found QCommission we were thinking we would have to write our own commission product which would have diverted us from our business goals.

Hello, Denise! Thank you so much for writing a review for QCommission. Your words are truly heartwarming. I will make sure the customer success team receives this. Thank you so much, and we're glad you're happy with QCommission! :) All the best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Replied January 2020

Jenalyn

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Powerful Commission software

QCommission has been a great tool for us in making sure our employees are paid accurately given that our commission calculation is quite complex. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her team have also been a wonderful partner to us. They are always ready to help and available when issues come up.

PROS

It is easy to use, flexible in a sense that you can run it for the whole population or just for specific individuals, can handle complex calculations and can integrate from other 3rd party systems to pull data for calculations. Interface is also straightforward.

CONS

The reporting I think needs to be improved. Some of the reports are only available when the pay period is open which makes it harder for some of the managers to go back to an older report. We should have the flexibility to go back periods and run reports. I also find that running reports takes time (probably 3-5 mins to get a report).

Mitchell

Reviewed September 2017

Extremely flexible with helpful staff

PROS

QCommission is absolutely the best commission calculating software add-on available for QuickBooks. It is extraordinarily flexible and can implement just about any commission system you can imagine. I have used it for several years and they have implemented a number of different commission systems for me. The staff is very helpful when requesting assistance or professional services and their fees for such services are very reasonable.

CONS

Well, the flexibility can lead to complexity and I don't think we would well be able to implement our commission systems without relying on Cellarstone's staff to do it for us.

Hi, Mitchell. Thank you so much for writing this review. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we can get. Looking forward to working with you in the many years to come! - Dianne G.

Replied September 2017

Chelsea

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Commission Game changer!!

I got tired of having o track sales and commission on an excel spreadsheet and I have to make sure everyone updated theirs and knew what charge backs they got. This is a major time saver and it shares with my accounting software so its easy too.

PROS

I love how it will communicate with QuickBooks and other software that is similar. I like that I can track sales and bonuses for the team.

CONS

I hate that only some features are with certain packages. I wish I could make my own package but maybe in the future this will be an option.

Hello, Chelsea! Thank you so much for your review of QCommission! We really appreciate it. We have also taken note of your comments and will do our best to further improve our services. :) All the best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Replied October 2019

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

QCommission saved us days of time each month!

The QCommission team was able to help customize a solution for our CRM software that took us from spending a week sorting out commissions to just hours!

PROS

Flexible rules-based system that was able to work with our commission program. Once up and running, get data in and out of the system was a breeze.

CONS

Implimentation took some time, but much of this was based on the way we were handling our commissions. Using QCommission helped simplify a lot of this.

Kellie

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2010

Commission Review

QCommissions has been a great and affordable solution. We were previously using complex spreadsheets. QCommissions was a great next step for us. Implementation went well - they got us up and running and have been accommodating to our system changes. Barath - in particular - has been a vital resource to me in assisting me learn the software and make changes to accomodate our annual plan changes.

PROS

Easy to use Support has been extremely helpful in resolving issues My commission person left unexpectedly and I was able (with help from support) to jump in and process the commissions without a problem Accommodates all our plans Reasonably priced

CONS

Web-based access for payees would be helpful Improved reporting Scenario planning based on historical data to improve/change commission plans year over year Additional training to learn other elements of the system beyond the basics of what I know now.

Thank you Kellie for the nice words. Customer satisfaction is core to what we do. Now, our QCommission Premier solution provides web access to Payees.

Replied March 2010

Thea

Maritime, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Great Help for Complex Programs

We have multiple plans for internal and external agents that are all different. QC allows for these programs to be easily managed and updated as needed. This has saved a lot of hours during our month end close. Payouts can be quickly calculated and presented with a few clicks.

PROS

This software was able to adapt to our complex programs and made pulling payout data very easy. It is easy to add or change program details.

CONS

Our programs are complex so the set up took some time but the team at QC was supportive and available same day.

Hi Thea! Thank you so much for finding time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it! We are glad that we were able to help reduce the complexity of your sales comp programs and that you don't have to spend so much time anymore at the end of each month. We look forward to working with you in the many years to come! All the best, Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Replied May 2021