Account Ability Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"It’s very easy and simple to use. The ability to import the information makes it so simple."
  • icon"The software is very user friendly and the customer support is outstanding."
  • icon"Well I usually use this software for issuing 1099 K to our members and i create W2 for our employees. Customer service is awesome and helps with any question you have regarding this software."
  • icon"First learning the software is a bit challenging. Steps could be a little more detailed keeping a first time clue-less user in mind."
  • icon"There is a lot of information on how to fill out the forms, but it can be really confusing and you need to understand programming a little."
  • icon"Sending data to irs can be a little tricky. Because I only do this once a year or you forget how are you supposed to do it."

Browse all Account Ability Reviews

• Have you used Account Ability and would like to share your experience with others?

Dianne

Amazing Time Saver

Our programming staff no longer has to take the time to figure out the yearly tax changes, well worth the cost in distributing the AccountAbility software to our customers.

Pros

This software was incredibly helpful for keeping our customers up-to-date on processing their tax forms. All we do is tweak the output file each year that comes from our ERP software and then AccountAbility takes care of the rest - formatting, form printing, etc. All the parts that are the time consuming parts for our programming staff are handled. Couldn't be easier.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. Everything is taken care of easily and quickly.

Vincent

Good product

Many clients I have need me to do 1099 NEC, MISC, R AND W-2's. The program makes it easy for me to provide this service.

Pros

The product contains all the forms most commonly used. The product is easy to use.

Cons

Each year when I roll over prior year data I have to remember how to do it. It takes a while but then I figure it out. Each form must be rolled over separately. The program should prompt you to roll over data as part of the installation process.

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

Pricing was the big reason. I only needed for W-2 & 1099 and was not using the bookkeeping part of the program.

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Thank you for your review.

Laura

AccountAbility

i only use the Form 1099s. There is no easy way to enter or convert the payroll data into Accountability.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Year to year conversion works well. Don't remember having a programming issue at any time.

Cons

Cost keeps escalating!!! No clear instructions on what forms or copy of forms need to be printed on what type of paper

Cherie

June 2022

Get the deadline behind you

My overall experience is that I look forward to getting my package in the mail each year, knowing that I am going to get my taxes done with out a doubt and on time!

Pros

Quick and convenient way to produce taxes for annuity customers. The features assist with roll over on each new year and the totals are produced for you.

Cons

It can be hard to line up the characters for printing on the forms sometimes.

Reasons for choosing Account Ability

No real reason except that it is tried and true over the last 15 years.

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Thank you for your review.

Evonne

DeHamer Accounting Services review

We are very pleased with the program and the ease of use. We are able to produce all the 1099 and w2 forms that we need to do.

Pros

The product is very easy to learn as we had 2 employees start using the program and very little training was necessary. We are very pleased that his program is capable of accomplishing what we are needing done.

Cons

This product has many features we do not use since we are a small business and are not doing complicated entries. It would take time to learn all the extra features but at the time we are very busy and do not have that time to devote to the program.

Reasons for choosing Account Ability

I thought Account Ability looked like the easiest program to learn how to operate and yet accomplish the task we needed to do. Also I was impressed that we could order receive the latest version and enter our information into the system before the end of the year when things get hectic.

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

The company we were with quit producing their 1099/w2 program.

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Charity

Industry: Wholesale

Filing done easily

We have used this program for 7 or more years. One year in those 7 we tried to use another program that was recommended by our POS reps, that was a mistake. They messed up so many things and couldn't seem to figure out how to efile. I finally just got Accountability again and had it done in 2 days (compared to the almost 3 weeks we were fighting it on the other system).

Pros

-Variety of filings available in one program -Accessibility of electronic filing -Guidance on proper filing techniques

Cons

There is a lot of information on how to fill out the forms, but it can be really confusing and you need to understand programming a little. Once you have done it though it is pretty easy. Just the first time importing the file was a struggle for me.

Constantin

Very good product

Very good looking data in the program

Pros

Very easy to use when entering data into the program

Cons

It helps a lot to enter the data in the program

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

Easier to use, more user friendly

Colleen

Account Ability easy to use

Ease of use has been great, I am able to upload all the information easily.

Pros

This program is easy to use from the very start. Has instructions that are easy to follow.

Cons

It doesn't save the information when I rollover from last year. I would like to see it recall information from the Transferor's TIN. We have many of the same customers year to year, or at least in the same year. If I put the number in once with the name, address, etc. it would be nice if it remembered that information and auto populate the same name and address.

Reasons for choosing Account Ability

Price and complete package.

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Account Ability does save your transferor's information from year to year so that it can be retrieved from the transferor's TIN with a single mouse click. Contact our free technical support dept. for simple instructions on how to do this. Support can be reached at 631-249-7744. Thank you for your review.

Barrie

June 2022

Great product for just a little money!!

I have had really great experience with this product the support is fast and very helpful.

Pros

one of the best feature is the data storage from year to year and that date is easily transmitted for filing. It is also great when being ask to send copies of 1099 from previous years and is up to date on the changes by IRS so that I don't have to be a tax expert to file at the end of the year

Cons

That not changing the form size is not an option. I would rather not buy new envelopes each year when the information is the same as the filing is electronic the size should not matter.

ASCII formatting

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Thank you for your review.

Candace

June 2022

Tax form help with excellent personal service

I first used the soft ware for my 2020 taxes when the 1099s changed to NEC and Misc. I mistakenly only ordered NEC forms and found out after mailing them out to the owners. I called Account Ability and they helped me send all of the corrections to the IRS and send new forms out. It was such a great experience that I went ahead and purchased the software for the 2021 taxes and after working with them this year, I will be doing it again for 2022.

Pros

I love that I don't need to purchase forms anymore and that it pulls everything from my accounting software.

Cons

I feel like the software is a bit hard to follow so I call for help every time I use it. With taxes, I do not want to make a single error. The Account Ability reps are so helpful and have never made me feel inferior for calling for help.

Response from Integrated Data Management Systems

Thank you for your review.

Carolyn

Help Desk/Support is AMAZING

I usually have no issues with this software and filing our company's 1099s is a breeze every year. However, this year we ran into the issue of having multiple 1099 corrections that needed to be submitted electronically. I completely messed up and did our corrections totally wrong. I ended up having to call the Account Ability help desk for someone to help me sort through the mess I had made. Luckily, I was put in touch with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Not only did he help me identify where I went wrong, but he stayed on the phone with me until every aspect of my failure was rectified. In the end, we were able to generate replacement files for the ones I created in error, AND he even provided me with the best contact phone number to get in touch with the IRS to eliminate the files I e-filed in error. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient, kind, and very knowledgeable. I feel like I know ten times more about the capabilities of Account Ability after having talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and I now know how to do corrections the RIGHT way. THANK YOU [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!

Pros

The software comes with a suite of tools, functions, and features that are sure to cover all your needs relative to 1099 filing, complete with the ability to e-file using the IRS Fire interface.

Cons

It takes some time getting used to every possible tool and feature. Where I only use Account Ability once per year, it can definitely be difficult remembering what to do, even for basic use.

Sonya

Satisfactory

I am able to overall get my work done faster.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that, I am able to transfer previous vendors over from last year to the new year. This helps me to more efficient in completing my yearly task in getting the appropriate forms out to vendors in timely manner. I love that I can export a file after I have to create it, this also helps to be efficient.

Cons

The least about this software is that when I select the 1099 C options, I don't have that same availability. I am can export a file which is awesome. And also the template changes almost every year. The help section is a little confusing. Sometimes its not giving the help that I need. Or I am not using the correct verbiage to find what I need. It can be a little complicated at times. The previous year taxes when I have to go back and correct or I have to issue in the previous year is a pain. When I go to send a file to the IRS most of the time I get an error from the IRS.

Reasons for choosing Account Ability

Better quality for Accounting needs.

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

the overall company switch to get a better outcome of the what we needed to prepare taxes for our customer.

Allen

Industry: Wholesale

The Best Choice for Filing State and Federal Taxes

I tried 2 other tax data programs before I found IDMS. There were others that were nice, but incomplete. For example, the end of the predecessor of Account Ability came when they didn't have the feature to submit corrected W2's. I was especially appreciated of IDMS support during the first years of Obamacare. The cost of the software is extremely reasonable for the completeness and a level of support where they remote desktop when the question cannot be answered simply. Account Ability, IDMS, is the software that will get your job done.

Pros

Logically structured interfaces with interfaces to import data from our accounting program and easily bring the data into the Account Ability Program where all mission critical activities from W2, CORRECTING W2, 1099, Obamacare data submission, etc., are made possible. They pay attention to details. For example, they have an interface browser available to connect to SSA where your password for SSA is encrypted and saved in the browser interface. There are many more creature features that make the very tedious job an effective process.

Cons

My complaints are less with the software than the requirements and definitions of the Government agencies.

Irwin

Easy and Accurate Software for Generating Information Returns

Our experience with Account Ability has been excellent and I believe we have been using it for over 15 years. The help and support that is available in the event that it's needed is unbelievably good. If you need support you wind up talking with someone who truly knows the software and is not just working from a manual. Help response time is quick. However, help is hardly ever needed--the software works pretty seamlessly.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use to get the job of producing information returns done. Little time is required to learn the software and you can be up and running in less than 2 hours the first time it's used. The interfaces are pretty intuitive. We have been especially happy with how easy it is to find and generate information returns for clients who have mislaid the forms that were sent to them.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is integration of information from other software, i.e. if you have client lists in other software integrating that into the program. This may already be available.

Tamra

User Friendly

Account Ability takes care of any random W2 and 1099 entry and printing that has to be completed on a yearly basis with minimal entry and ease of use. It has all the states and tax rules and form set up for the current year so there's nothing to look up or change once the program has been downloaded. Very user friendly and overall takes care of everything that our payroll program doesn't. We are very happy with Account Ability and haven't found another product that does this for the same price.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and comes with a wealth of help information if you have never used the software before. It also has a wide range of services that handle all the needs of our tax/accounting business. I don't have to look elsewhere for another product to take care of anything that this software is lacking.

Cons

If I had to choose something that I didn't like about the software I guess it would have to be that we have to download an entire program every year. We can't just download an update for the upcoming tax year. So I have a file folder full of every year of the program. When I need to look up something from a previous year I have to open that year of the program to search for it. It's very easy to find it once I do that because the program never changes from year to year, but I had to decide one thing that I would change about it. :)

Cody

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Racetrack W2G's

Pros

Ability to File at end of year through Software

Cons

Getting it to connect to multiple computers on same database, it works, but with our server it's hard, we've had to get help both times to get it to work.

Price, ease