• Pros

• "This is very easy software to use and learn. It is intuitive and works the way it says it does. Support is outstanding, as is the Help on line. For the price, you cannot beat it."

• "Easy to navigate, great price and the best support that our office could ask for!"

• "The software is very user friendly and their customer service is also great "

• Cons

• "The instructions are not as simplified as I was expecting but I was a first time user. However, I think I like this software better than what i used previously."

• "Corrections can be confusing but I do believe the IRS has something to do about how that works. "

• "The cost is a little higher than we'd like and there is an additional cost to electronically file the W-2s. But I understand that the fees cover the excellent customer service/help."

Browse Account Ability Reviews

Charity from E. Excel International

Industry: Wholesale

Filing done easily

We have used this program for 7 or more years. One year in those 7 we tried to use another program that was recommended by our POS reps, that was a mistake. They messed up so many things and couldn't seem to figure out how to efile. I finally just got Accountability again and had it done in 2 days (compared to the almost 3 weeks we were fighting it on the other system).

Pros

-Variety of filings available in one program -Accessibility of electronic filing -Guidance on proper filing techniques

Cons

There is a lot of information on how to fill out the forms, but it can be really confusing and you need to understand programming a little. Once you have done it though it is pretty easy. Just the first time importing the file was a struggle for me.

Carolyn from W.E. Aubuchon Co., Inc.

Help Desk/Support is AMAZING

I usually have no issues with this software and filing our company's 1099s is a breeze every year. However, this year we ran into the issue of having multiple 1099 corrections that needed to be submitted electronically. I completely messed up and did our corrections totally wrong. I ended up having to call the Account Ability help desk for someone to help me sort through the mess I had made. Luckily, I was put in touch with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Not only did he help me identify where I went wrong, but he stayed on the phone with me until every aspect of my failure was rectified. In the end, we were able to generate replacement files for the ones I created in error, AND he even provided me with the best contact phone number to get in touch with the IRS to eliminate the files I e-filed in error. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient, kind, and very knowledgeable. I feel like I know ten times more about the capabilities of Account Ability after having talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and I now know how to do corrections the RIGHT way. THANK YOU [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!

Pros

The software comes with a suite of tools, functions, and features that are sure to cover all your needs relative to 1099 filing, complete with the ability to e-file using the IRS Fire interface.

Cons

It takes some time getting used to every possible tool and feature. Where I only use Account Ability once per year, it can definitely be difficult remembering what to do, even for basic use.

Laura from Laura Henderson Inc

AccountAbility

i only use the Form 1099s. There is no easy way to enter or convert the payroll data into Accountability.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Year to year conversion works well. Don't remember having a programming issue at any time.

Cons

Cost keeps escalating!!! No clear instructions on what forms or copy of forms need to be printed on what type of paper

Sonya from C&F Finance Company

Satisfactory

I am able to overall get my work done faster.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that, I am able to transfer previous vendors over from last year to the new year. This helps me to more efficient in completing my yearly task in getting the appropriate forms out to vendors in timely manner. I love that I can export a file after I have to create it, this also helps to be efficient.

Cons

The least about this software is that when I select the 1099 C options, I don't have that same availability. I am can export a file which is awesome. And also the template changes almost every year. The help section is a little confusing. Sometimes its not giving the help that I need. Or I am not using the correct verbiage to find what I need. It can be a little complicated at times. The previous year taxes when I have to go back and correct or I have to issue in the previous year is a pain. When I go to send a file to the IRS most of the time I get an error from the IRS.

Reasons for Choosing Account Ability

Better quality for Accounting needs.

Reasons for Switching to Account Ability

the overall company switch to get a better outcome of the what we needed to prepare taxes for our customer.

Allen from Ed Wyse & Company, Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

The Best Choice for Filing State and Federal Taxes

I tried 2 other tax data programs before I found IDMS. There were others that were nice, but incomplete. For example, the end of the predecessor of Account Ability came when they didn't have the feature to submit corrected W2's. I was especially appreciated of IDMS support during the first years of Obamacare. The cost of the software is extremely reasonable for the completeness and a level of support where they remote desktop when the question cannot be answered simply. Account Ability, IDMS, is the software that will get your job done.

Pros

Logically structured interfaces with interfaces to import data from our accounting program and easily bring the data into the Account Ability Program where all mission critical activities from W2, CORRECTING W2, 1099, Obamacare data submission, etc., are made possible. They pay attention to details. For example, they have an interface browser available to connect to SSA where your password for SSA is encrypted and saved in the browser interface. There are many more creature features that make the very tedious job an effective process.

Cons

My complaints are less with the software than the requirements and definitions of the Government agencies.

Tamra from J&J Business Service

User Friendly

Account Ability takes care of any random W2 and 1099 entry and printing that has to be completed on a yearly basis with minimal entry and ease of use. It has all the states and tax rules and form set up for the current year so there's nothing to look up or change once the program has been downloaded. Very user friendly and overall takes care of everything that our payroll program doesn't. We are very happy with Account Ability and haven't found another product that does this for the same price.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and comes with a wealth of help information if you have never used the software before. It also has a wide range of services that handle all the needs of our tax/accounting business. I don't have to look elsewhere for another product to take care of anything that this software is lacking.

Cons

If I had to choose something that I didn't like about the software I guess it would have to be that we have to download an entire program every year. We can't just download an update for the upcoming tax year. So I have a file folder full of every year of the program. When I need to look up something from a previous year I have to open that year of the program to search for it. It's very easy to find it once I do that because the program never changes from year to year, but I had to decide one thing that I would change about it. :)

Dianne from Aptron Corporation

Amazing Time Saver

Our programming staff no longer has to take the time to figure out the yearly tax changes, well worth the cost in distributing the AccountAbility software to our customers.

Pros

This software was incredibly helpful for keeping our customers up-to-date on processing their tax forms. All we do is tweak the output file each year that comes from our ERP software and then AccountAbility takes care of the rest - formatting, form printing, etc. All the parts that are the time consuming parts for our programming staff are handled. Couldn't be easier.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. Everything is taken care of easily and quickly.

Richard from Grand Treasure Csino

Tax filings made easier

I used for the programs to file 1099 and W2G, excellent support staff

Pros

the first task made easier is downloading the data files from the slot accounting system, this was CasinoTrac, and taking the TEXT file and importing the file into Accountbility for W2G. I saw which W2Gs which needed review and the system allowed to view the troublemakers W2G.

Cons

Just in general, I dislike tax filings, but after the download, exporting the completed files into a tanad receiving the acceptance notice from EFTPS, I know the job was complete.

President

Plus Awesome

Pros

Easy. To use Carry’s over last years info

Cons

Nothing Bad Very straight forward Simple

2018 review

We re sell this software to our client base as the Tax Solution. This has worked out well for our company. Customer Service is very personal and prompt. Support team will go out above and beyond the call to explain and help you through the problem.

Pros

The many different tax forms that are available to print. The creation of PDF for archiving. Customer Support is excellent. The software is very versatile.

Cons

There is a learning curve at first, as with any new software but feel it's not a Con.

Cody from Sanford Orlando Kennel Club

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Racetrack W2G's

Pros

Ability to File at end of year through Software

Cons

Getting it to connect to multiple computers on same database, it works, but with our server it's hard, we've had to get help both times to get it to work.

Price, ease

Robert from RESPA 1099 Services

Couldn't ask for a better product and support

This product and service gets an A+ from me. Rep in support is unbelievably helpful.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and if you hit a snag and don't know what to do, the support was there. Rep is a genius with the software. He literally can guide you through any problem with his eyes closed. I've been in the tax reporting business for over 20 years and never have I had it this simple and easy. This was my first year using their software and look forward to using them in the future.

Cons

I really can't say one negative thing about this software and service.

Leigh Anne from University of Notre Dame

Best Customer Service Ever

Pros

The customer service experience is second to none! They have gone out of their way to provide guidance and assistance and even some consulting. They respond immediately and have developed programming changes and tools related to the Import Mapping Utility and other modules specific to our needs. We use them for W2s, 1099Rs, 1099s, 1095s. We file close to 20,000 W2s and in multiple states. We wish that all of our other vendors were as responsive and attentive. We have used Accountability since 2003 and consider ourselves very fortunate to have found such a high quality software for this remarkable price.

Cons

Whatever challenges we have, they have resolved!

Marilyn from Levitch & Kriegsman CPAs LLP

Long Time Client of Account Ability

It cuts down on our preparation time and is simple to use.

Pros

Our accounting firm has a lot of clients that we file 1099's and 1098's for and it is cost effective as well as simple to use.

Cons

On1098 forms for cooperative housing corporations, the payer addresses are very repetitive and the program does not have an auto fill for those fields.

Mickey from Sramek-Hightower, CPAs

Accountability Rocks!

Being able to count on Accountability for not only the software but the availability of the Forms is a comfort every year. The knowledge that the prior year information is so easy to roll to the current year is a time saver, I don't believe we would use the software if we had to start over every year.

Pros

We only use the software for our clients to prepare W-2's and 1099's but I love the ease in setting up new clients and how easy it is to roll the clients every year. Have not used all the features that the software provides but I would recommend it to other Firms.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like with the exception of me not taking the time to learn everything I need to when doing something new with the software.

Heather from Brenengen Auto Group

Easy end of the year

I have found Account Ability software very stable and quick to load. I wish that they had an instant chat option as hold times get a bit long when you get towards the end of January. Overall, very good value.

Pros

We found this software very easy to install and import our Auto/Mate files into to create our W2s, W3 and 1099 misc files for printing and uploading to the appropriate government entities. Last year, we had issues with our file uploading to the state of Wisconsin, and we were able to work with one individual who shepherded us through the fix.

Cons

I wish the export of the state file for upload was a smidge simpler.

Susan from Felt Evans, LLP

Fantastic product!

he account ability software has been a huge help in our busy law practice. I am able to put in the information for our real estate closings and get the necessary document without any hassle. All our information is in one spot for year end report. Its a fantastic product. The employees are very helpful when needed. I would highly recommend this product

Pros

The account ability software has been a huge help in our busy law practice. The software takes care of our 1099 s needs

Cons

There are a lot of steps to the year end reporting and setting up for the new year. But the employees are very good at assisting with this.

Les from Artistic Creations by Leslie

Pros

My company needs to file 1099-misc, 1099-r, 5498 and w2 forms each year. Account Ability includes all of these forms for one price. I don't need to buy any special forms since Account Ability prints on plain paper and files electronically. The free taxpayer id matching program saved me much time in checking recipient tins.

Cons

Getting started was a bit compelling. However, the tech support team was superb and really helpful. I called the toll free support number and spoke with a tech named Rep for more than one hour for free. Rep showed me just how easy the product was. That was my only con.

Useful Compliment To Our Existing Accounting Software

See my remarks above in the Pros Box. I would add that customer phone support has been excellent when we have needed it.

Pros

The software provides a lot of functionality for 1099 reporting. It is especially useful to us because our accounting software does not allow us to map our expenditure accounts to the various payment types on the 1099misc forms. This creates problems when we issue different types of payments (rents, non-employee compensation) to the same vendor. With accountability, we can customize the 1099 so our reporting of payment types is accurate.

Cons

It could be a little more intuitive to use.

courtney from The Kane Firm CPA

Account Ability User Review

Customer Service was great about assisting us with any questions we had. We like that we can purchase the software are forms however the website could use some updating.

Pros

Software allows us to process all of our 1099's, the software is not very hi-tech however is fairly simple to use and gets the job done in the end.

Cons

Creating the mapping excels was challenging at first however once you master your file then it is pretty simple from there. It currently does not recognize that if there is a change in a recipients information to update other records that contain same recipient- that would be ideal.

Matt from Go Industries LLC

Excellent Information Return Software

I hook AccountAbility up to my payroll software and print my clients' W2s and 1099s. It saves me programming time, is always reliable and produces a very professional looking product. I would not be without this excellent package.

Pros

I have been using Account Ability in association with my own Payroll and Accounting software for 15 years. It has consistently saved me time and effort (not having to program new Forms each year) . It is a well thought out program and a must have in my software shop.

Cons

I can literally not think of anything to say in this regard.

Michael from ADP

Easy to install and setup

Pros

It's easy to install, roll over previous years data, and administer

Cons

None - we issues encountered no issues while using it

LEE from CALIFORNIA CANNING PEACH ASSOCIATION

Industry: Farming

Long Time Customer

I have used this software since at least 2001 if not 2000. I will retire at the end of 2019 - which will make it close to a 20 year association with Account Ability. This is a great company. Thanks you guys!!!

Pros

This is by far worth every penny we spend on it. My 1099 PATRs are done in 1 day - from start to printing out. The only thing this software does not do is fold and stuff the things!!! And the IRS Fire System reporting is a breeze with this program.

Cons

there are no cons from my end, I have never had a problem that they did not fix.

Kathleen from Ocean's 11 Casino

Time saved, better customer service. Ability to get our 1099s out and filed easily within deadlines.

Pros

Cons

That I can only have 1 year's form active at a time. It is much easier though, now that you can change the overlays within the software.

cost and ease of use

cost

Cindy from Morningside College

Great Customer support - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

I just want to say the software is wonderful how it connects with the IRS site and the way it makes corrections for the 1095C is amazing. Also, the team of customer service representatives are incredible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me today correct a 1095 with errors and resend the file they teach and explain as they go along. I really appreciated their wonderful service and help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me the other day and he went out of his way as well. I couldn't do this without their support.

Cons

I like the software. There is nothing that I don't like about it!

Shannon from Jackson College

Inexpensive and Easy to Use

We are able to create the electronic files for submission to the IRS and the SSA, which is what we needed to be able to do. Being able to create the forms for mailing is just an added perk. We have used the software for 1098, 1099, 1095 and W-2 preparation and reporting for several years and find that the functionality is exactly what we need.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use once you have the information imported.

Cons

I am not a fan of the mapping tool, I think it is harder to use than it could be.

Kathy from MTS Systems Corporation

Industry: Machinery

Account Ability

We have had great success with AccountAbility. Never once has our IRS file had issues with formatting when it's submitted.

Pros

The Accountability software allows us to easily process our 1099MISC and 3922 forms and create the needed file to upload to the IRS.

Cons

It can sometimes be slightly difficult to remember the process from creating the forms from my excel spreadsheet to getting the IRS file created without looking back into the instructions.

REHAN from City Service

For Most Of your Tax Forms

Over all I am satisfied with this software.

Pros

Well I usually use this software for issuing 1099 K to our members and i create W2 for our employees. Customer service is awesome and helps with any question you have regarding this software.

Cons

Well is hard to find a Cons beside just the price of the software. My first year when i purchase was way cheaper than what they charge now even for their TIN matching price went up.

Kristin from Non Profit Organisation

Worth the purchase

Pros

It's very easy to use and if you have any issues, customer service is very helpful and will walk you through whatever you need. For that reason we have stuck with Account Ability for W-2 processing and filing for years.

Cons

Wendy from Assurance Marketing Inc.

Very good product

This software is used just for 1099's. We have several companies and it is very easy to set up for multiple entities and multiple types of 1099's.

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly. Don't have to be a "tax accountant" to be able to use it.

Cons

I wish you could transfer data from prior years other than just the previous year. Sometimes I would have a 1099 in say 2018 then nothing in 2019 but then again I might for that same person in 2020.

Dianna from Y&D Corp dba Dorsch Ford Lincoln Kia

Filing is easy

I believe I had to call support 1 or 2 times during my first year of use. The rep was very helpful, patient, and didn't make me feel foolish.

Pros

Software provided navigation to the sites where I needed to file. I didn't have to leave the software to go to the site which was convenient and faster.

Cons

First learning the software is a bit challenging. Steps could be a little more detailed keeping a first time clue-less user in mind.

Steven from Flash Technology LLC

Account Ability Review

I have used this software for our 1099 Misc reporting for may years and I have found this software to meet our companies needs and I particularly like the ability to roll over the data from prior years which saves a lot of time since we don't have to re-key 99% of the data.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to roll over data from prior years.

Cons

Nothing. It met all of my needs and I am comfortable using this software for our 1099 reporting needs.

Mary from M S Moser & Company, CPA, PC

Account Ability Review

I use accountability to create and file W-2s and 1099s. Info is easy to roll from year to year, and Account Ability makes e filing easy -

Pros

Ease of use, Ability to efile both federall and state

Cons

Help could be a little easier to navigate. Would like to be able to download info to excel for records and year to year review.

Reasons for Choosing Account Ability

I had been using Excel - this was recommended by another user.

LINDA from Owens & Strussione PC

Excellent software & service

The are very easy to work with and handled my calls very professionally and very fast to respond

Pros

easy installation features and programs works very efficiently

Cons

lack of a link for instructions for corrections or changes to forms but I called and they helped me right away

Reasons for Choosing Account Ability

we have been using Account Ability for over 10 years and are very happy with the product & service

DORICA from DORICA DE LA FUENTE, INC.

Tax form filing demystified

I am able to provide services to my clients that I previously thought was much more difficult to do. With Account Ability, it opened a new potential for additional revenue stream.

Pros

The system has good step by step instructions.

Cons

The look and feel is a bit archaic....but it works. So if I were to be nit-picky then perhaps it's the look and feel.

Reasons for Choosing Account Ability

It was recommended to me by my colleague.

Joe from Mercer County State Bank

Enhances IRS filing from our Core System does not provide

Enhance IRS filing which core system does not provide.

Pros

We can import our IRS file from our core system into Account Ability reprint forms and make corrections much easier than using the core system. We have historical information which core does not keep on IRS information.

Cons

Katie from Aspire Financial, Inc.

Awesome and Affordable

We do thousands of 1098s and 1095s returns each year. Account Ability has made this process less painful (quicker and more efficient). I love the import mapping and outsourcing services. We have used this software for over 10 years and love it! Thank you Account Ability!

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. They go up and beyond to help.

Cons

I wish the new releases would come out earlier.

Carolina from Peninsula Escrow

Great and Easy

Overall great program and Great Customer Service.

Pros

This software is very easy to understand. It is user friendly. Processing thousands of 1099's a year this software made my life so much easier. Any time I had questions a representative was able to help me so willing. Not only that they explained the process step by step so I could understand in the future. I highly recommend this software!

Cons

I cant say anything negative or have any cons at this time. So far the program only has positive feedback from me.

Jennifer from Transportation Insight

First Time User

Overall it was very easy for a first time user.

Pros

This was the first year I used this software. Once I was able to get through the notes we had from 2011, this was very easy to use. I tried using the help section and it seemed to provide waaayy more information then needed.

Cons

When having to label each part of the 1099

Michelle from American Portfolios

Simple to use

Pros

This software makes processing 1099s easy. We have multiple entities that we complete 1099s for and this allows for printing of 1099s and submitting to the IRS much simplier.

Cons

Web based with a secure log in could be a nice option so that we don't have to involve our IT department in installing software.

Cheryl from Conklin Cars

Customer Service

When I have questions, CSR has been able to show and explain what I need to do to complete my job in a way that I fully understand. That is appreciated!

Pros

The ease in which to process and print the W-2's as well as additional copies.

Cons

How long it has taken me to understand exactly how to generate the payroll process. But that is mostly my fault, not the software.

Cynthia from Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board

After using this software, I prefer this overall than the general systems software. I do not want to change after using Account Ability.

Pros

Accessibility of tax forms present and previous years.

Cons

Mapping but it becomes easier as you use it.

Reasons for Switching to Account Ability

The payroll department used it and after I tried it for 1099's I loved it.

John from CPA

Next best thing to sliced bread

5 years of 1099 printing

Pros

Ease of use year over year, set up is simple, support is wonderful. I highly recommend it. The support team walked me through a mess up and put me on the right track.

Cons

can't think of anything that is a drawback from the software

overall practice of use

Kathleen from Lynx Tax Services

1099 and W2 software

I use for preparing 1099 and w2 forms. It works great!

Pros

It’s a great value - I prepare quite a few 1099’s and I’m able to keep costs down by using a product that allows me to file so many returns for 1 low price

Cons

the Size of the window used to enter the data

the price

Better price

SHABAN from MERSEN USA

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great software

I have been using it for 2 years now and no complains at all. Overall it gets the job done every year

Pros

Its really straight forward not much to it not to understand

Cons

no cons at all most issues can be resolved real quick by contacting the support team which then they remote in and take care of it.

Alfred from Alfred A Lapadula Jr RTRP

Excellent Program, simplifies W2/1099 processing.

Have used this program for many, many years. Overall experience has been excellent.

Pros

Rollover prior year. Client Database Simple Backup Easy Print Features Easy to create data file for E-filing.

Cons

Less clutter in drop down menus. Should have separate menu or tab only for E-file functions such as Create/Maintain/Submit.

John from ArtCenter College of Design

Pros

All the forms are right there for you, you can also submit files to the reporting agencies. I like the print and mail feature as well. Easy to install and have users access for their business needs.

Cons

Everything is very good, not much to complain about other than the price of ACA 1095C portion

Angela from Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP

User Friendly Software

Fastastic

Pros

We have used this program since 2003. I love that I can roll client data from year to year. It prevents errors in re-entering the information. The program is easy to use and understand. Customer support has always been superior.

Cons

No complaints with the software or customer support.

Daniel from Bushnell's Warehousing & Trucking Corp.

AccountAbility - It gets the job done

I am able to create W2s more easily and I had no problems in being able to complete hat I needed to do.

Pros

I liked that I was able to import W2 data from our payroll system into the AccountAbility program.

Cons

It was difficult to figure out how to print W2s onto pre-printed W2 forms.

Jennifer from iRobot Corporation

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy, quick and customer focused

Overall this software is very easy to use and knowing I can call and get help from someone is always a plus

Pros

How easy it is to download and use. The customer service is excellent if you need to call.

Cons

the import section for me was a little hard to follow but the customer service group walked me through.