All Account Ability Reviews

Stephanie

Reviewed December 2022

Great software

Overall our experience with AA has been wonderful. They are available for any help you need and since they can access your software with your permission, they can look directly at anything you are needing help with and solve your issue.

PROS

Account Ability is very easy to use. We use it in our office every year to provide our clients with W-2s and 1099s. The help team is very knowledgeable and so willing to help with any issues or questions. They give wonderful advice and are very helpful. Last year while submitting our 1099s Charles was able to see that I had something incorrect with my electronic submission file which would have caused it to be rejected. He located the error and fixed our submission file. Absolutely wonderful service.

CONS

The only function I would like to have that it doesn't is a printable report of W-2 recipients. I believe we can only do a report of 1099 clients. Since we have multiple clients that we provide forms for, it would be nice to access all W-2s we have prepared. We have used the 1099 recipient list to find data needed for another client. A report for W-2 recipients would be helpful as well.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do include various employee listings of W-2s entered for either a single employer or all employers. For a list of employees for all employers, see the "Employee Master" on the "Reports" sidebar of the Client/Filer Management module. For a list of employees for a specific employer, see the "Register Listing" selection on the "File" menu of the employer's W-2.

Replied December 2022

Sonya

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Satisfactory

I am able to overall get my work done faster.

PROS

What I like most about the software is that, I am able to transfer previous vendors over from last year to the new year. This helps me to more efficient in completing my yearly task in getting the appropriate forms out to vendors in timely manner. I love that I can export a file after I have to create it, this also helps to be efficient.

CONS

The least about this software is that when I select the 1099 C options, I don't have that same availability. I am can export a file which is awesome. And also the template changes almost every year. The help section is a little confusing. Sometimes its not giving the help that I need. Or I am not using the correct verbiage to find what I need. It can be a little complicated at times. The previous year taxes when I have to go back and correct or I have to issue in the previous year is a pain. When I go to send a file to the IRS most of the time I get an error from the IRS.

Reason for choosing Account Ability

Better quality for Accounting needs.

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

the overall company switch to get a better outcome of the what we needed to prepare taxes for our customer.

Lesha

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Confusing program but GREAT Support

PROS

The customer service department is great.

CONS

The program is too confusing. I have used this for several years because of government requirement to transmit W2s electronically and I still have issues of following the program and I have to call support. The Customer support is great, however, I should be able to process everything without contacting support every time!

Thank you for your review.

Allen

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

The Best Choice for Filing State and Federal Taxes

I tried 2 other tax data programs before I found IDMS. There were others that were nice, but incomplete. For example, the end of the predecessor of Account Ability came when they didn't have the feature to submit corrected W2's. I was especially appreciated of IDMS support during the first years of Obamacare. The cost of the software is extremely reasonable for the completeness and a level of support where they remote desktop when the question cannot be answered simply. Account Ability, IDMS, is the software that will get your job done.

PROS

Logically structured interfaces with interfaces to import data from our accounting program and easily bring the data into the Account Ability Program where all mission critical activities from W2, CORRECTING W2, 1099, Obamacare data submission, etc., are made possible. They pay attention to details. For example, they have an interface browser available to connect to SSA where your password for SSA is encrypted and saved in the browser interface. There are many more creature features that make the very tedious job an effective process.

CONS

My complaints are less with the software than the requirements and definitions of the Government agencies.

Irwin

Easy and Accurate Software for Generating Information Returns

Our experience with Account Ability has been excellent and I believe we have been using it for over 15 years. The help and support that is available in the event that it's needed is unbelievably good. If you need support you wind up talking with someone who truly knows the software and is not just working from a manual. Help response time is quick. However, help is hardly ever needed--the software works pretty seamlessly.

PROS

This software is extremely easy to use to get the job of producing information returns done. Little time is required to learn the software and you can be up and running in less than 2 hours the first time it's used. The interfaces are pretty intuitive. We have been especially happy with how easy it is to find and generate information returns for clients who have mislaid the forms that were sent to them.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is integration of information from other software, i.e. if you have client lists in other software integrating that into the program. This may already be available.

Tamra

User Friendly

Account Ability takes care of any random W2 and 1099 entry and printing that has to be completed on a yearly basis with minimal entry and ease of use. It has all the states and tax rules and form set up for the current year so there's nothing to look up or change once the program has been downloaded. Very user friendly and overall takes care of everything that our payroll program doesn't. We are very happy with Account Ability and haven't found another product that does this for the same price.

PROS

This software is very user friendly and comes with a wealth of help information if you have never used the software before. It also has a wide range of services that handle all the needs of our tax/accounting business. I don't have to look elsewhere for another product to take care of anything that this software is lacking.

CONS

If I had to choose something that I didn't like about the software I guess it would have to be that we have to download an entire program every year. We can't just download an update for the upcoming tax year. So I have a file folder full of every year of the program. When I need to look up something from a previous year I have to open that year of the program to search for it. It's very easy to find it once I do that because the program never changes from year to year, but I had to decide one thing that I would change about it. :)

Cody

Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Racetrack W2G's

PROS

Ability to File at end of year through Software

CONS

Getting it to connect to multiple computers on same database, it works, but with our server it's hard, we've had to get help both times to get it to work.

Reasons for switching to Account Ability

Price, ease

Dave

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Account Ability makes filing taxes easy

We love Account Ability because it can take care of all our tax needs and we don't have to worry about anything. In the past nobody wanted to do the 1099's and it fell to me. I am an IT professional not a tax expert. Our ERP system does not have a tax module. I saw that I needed to help but had no clue how to. I discovered Account Ability while searching online. After I learned how to import the data I was printing forms and E filing the taxes in no time.

PROS

We like how easy it is to import tax data and then print tax forms and transmit to the IRS.

CONS

The hardest part was learning how to import data the first time I used the product. The learning curve seemed quite steep. I am not a tax professional so it was all foreign to me. However the tech support folks were very helpful and walked me through each step.

Reason for choosing Account Ability

Account Ability seemed more professional. The others seemed not as refined and too basic for our needs.

Robert

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2018

Couldn't ask for a better product and support

This product and service gets an A+ from me. Rep in support is unbelievably helpful.

PROS

The software is extremely easy to use and if you hit a snag and don't know what to do, the support was there. Rep is a genius with the software. He literally can guide you through any problem with his eyes closed. I've been in the tax reporting business for over 20 years and never have I had it this simple and easy. This was my first year using their software and look forward to using them in the future.

CONS

I really can't say one negative thing about this software and service.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Useful Compliment To Our Existing Accounting Software

See my remarks above in the Pros Box. I would add that customer phone support has been excellent when we have needed it.

PROS

The software provides a lot of functionality for 1099 reporting. It is especially useful to us because our accounting software does not allow us to map our expenditure accounts to the various payment types on the 1099misc forms. This creates problems when we issue different types of payments (rents, non-employee compensation) to the same vendor. With accountability, we can customize the 1099 so our reporting of payment types is accurate.

CONS

It could be a little more intuitive to use.

Colleen

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Account Ability easy to use

Ease of use has been great, I am able to upload all the information easily.

PROS

This program is easy to use from the very start. Has instructions that are easy to follow.

CONS

It doesn't save the information when I rollover from last year. I would like to see it recall information from the Transferor's TIN. We have many of the same customers year to year, or at least in the same year. If I put the number in once with the name, address, etc. it would be nice if it remembered that information and auto populate the same name and address.

Reason for choosing Account Ability

Price and complete package.

Account Ability does save your transferor's information from year to year so that it can be retrieved from the transferor's TIN with a single mouse click. Contact our free technical support dept. for simple instructions on how to do this. Support can be reached at 631-249-7744. Thank you for your review.

LEE

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Long Time Customer

I have used this software since at least 2001 if not 2000. I will retire at the end of 2019 - which will make it close to a 20 year association with Account Ability. This is a great company. Thanks you guys!!!

PROS

This is by far worth every penny we spend on it. My 1099 PATRs are done in 1 day - from start to printing out. The only thing this software does not do is fold and stuff the things!!! And the IRS Fire System reporting is a breeze with this program.

CONS

there are no cons from my end, I have never had a problem that they did not fix.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great customer service

If it wasn't for my friends in customer service, I would have never gotten through the completions of the 1094/1095 C. Thank you.

PROS

The best thing about the software is that there is a great customer support team to help me answer all my questions.

CONS

Determining what form 1094/1095 B and or 1094/1095C are confusing as to which form we were required to use.

Reason for choosing Account Ability

Most efficient and effective.

Thank you for your review.

Dianna

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Filing is easy

I believe I had to call support 1 or 2 times during my first year of use. The rep was very helpful, patient, and didn't make me feel foolish.

PROS

Software provided navigation to the sites where I needed to file. I didn't have to leave the software to go to the site which was convenient and faster.

CONS

First learning the software is a bit challenging. Steps could be a little more detailed keeping a first time clue-less user in mind.

REHAN

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

For Most Of your Tax Forms

Over all I am satisfied with this software.

PROS

Well I usually use this software for issuing 1099 K to our members and i create W2 for our employees. Customer service is awesome and helps with any question you have regarding this software.

CONS

Well is hard to find a Cons beside just the price of the software. My first year when i purchase was way cheaper than what they charge now even for their TIN matching price went up.

Christine

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Review of Account Ability-RFI

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in customer support was incredibly helpful and assisted me in producing our W9 to IRS and always got back to me in a timely manner. I really appreciated his helpfulness and his almost immediate response. Made the whole process so much less stressful.

PROS

The software complies with submitting our W2 to IRS

CONS

It was a bit difficult to use initially without the help of customer support

LINDA

Reviewed August 2019

Excellent software & service

The are very easy to work with and handled my calls very professionally and very fast to respond

PROS

easy installation features and programs works very efficiently

CONS

lack of a link for instructions for corrections or changes to forms but I called and they helped me right away

Reason for choosing Account Ability

we have been using Account Ability for over 10 years and are very happy with the product & service

Barrie