All Xero Reviews

Karim

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

One stop Accounting solutions for Small to Medium organisations.

Happy

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The Xero Effect: Revolutionizing Accounting One Click at a Time

Xero stands out as a professional, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing accounting solution. While it may occasionally test your patience with its speed, the overall experience remains largely unaffected, leaving users with a feeling of satisfaction and relief.

PROS

I thought it was a simple step in and work type of software, easy to maneuver around and not get lost. Love the soft blue color as well, feel professional and relieving.

CONS

The online platform was slightly slow for, could be my connection maybe on this one.

joel

Retail, 11-50 employees

Xero Recurring Bill Feature Review

PROS

The recurring bill feature of xero is very easy to setup. It has corresponding placeholders that enables you to customize references and other information needed to easily identify the entries. You can choose the status of the recurring bill as well (draft, awaiting approval, awaiting payment). The option to choose frequency, due date, and end date provide flexibility when you setup the recurring bill.

CONS

It is best to get someone who is an expert to setup xero and train the users so that you can deploy it immediately and accurately.

Peter

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Xero is made for accountants and not small business or tradies.

Xero is quick to reconcile but so are the other brand options. I am making a lot of money for my accountant because I always need to ring and get help.

PROS

Easy reconciliation but this is a feature of most brands now.

CONS

Reports are impossible to configure and source the data I need. The layout is poor and not user friendly. The technical terms used are common to accountants but make no sense to small business operators. The online help is useless and takes forever to get a response. Feature requests are ignored and not even responded to. There are other brands that offer a much easier user interface and at a fraction of the cost. I was forced into XERO as it was the only brand my accountant would support. I have to ring the accountants for help all the time who change a fortune for simple advice. Every feature I need is an extra add on charge. The remember me at login does not work and I have to waste time with 2 step login every time I leave the computer for 5 minutes. XERO does not work well on the tablet. The bank feeds do not deliver all the transaction data detail and its very difficult to identify some businesses. Memorizing transactions and splitting purchases is a real time-waster.

Reason for choosing Xero

I was forced to use it by my accountant who would not support the other brands.

Munubi

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Xero review 2024

Overall Xero saves us time through intergration with payroll and POS systems.

PROS

I like the dashboard which can quickly reconcile transactions,see what current bills needs to be paid and see where we are at on invoicing potential members not forgetting how easy it is to use this platform and the pricing is budget friendly for small and big organizations.

CONS

To be honest I have not encountered any cons I like how modern and user friendly it is.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Most suitable software for small to midsize organizations

I would rate it highest among similar software available in the market.

PROS

We are a large organisation but have acquired multiple other businesses so I got a chance to use Xero the best thing about Xero that other software does not have are: 1 - Can store and upload files by sending an email as well which not all software has. 2 - BAS reports in Australia can be quickly prepared and lodged from Xero to ATO (which saves a lot of time). 3 - Can customize most of the reports and this help support migrations from Xero to other software or vice versa.

CONS

Should expand their customer base to large organisations by allowing Fixed asset registers and more syncretization with third-party plugins or software.

Julio

Reviewed January 2024

Xero, Basic Accounting Software

We used Xero for the basic accounting of our company, and the results were great the software is cloud based, and you can input and deliver financial reports with it.

PROS

I like that it did what it had to do, this suffer is a very complete software. It has a lot of integrations. You can integrate it with almost every single financial analysis, software available, and with all the banking within the US.

CONS

I find that the interface needs work, I think that famous software like this should be able to edit or personalize the interface

Reason for choosing Xero

It was a gamble, coin toss, we went with Xero but they are very similar software.

Danville

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

An Excellent and Perfect Accounting and Bookkeeping Tool.

PROS

I like ease to carry out accounting and bookkeeping activities with Xero. Billing and invoicing is another aspect of Xero that I like. It is simple to track and manage cash flows. It is a convenient tool for bank reconciliation. It enables ease to track and manage expenses.

CONS

I haven't found anything complicated with Xero as it simplify accounting process.

1 employee

Seems Simple

Fantastic software and I've recommended it to many friends.

PROS

I'm not a figures person, but Xero really does make things simple.

CONS

Could be a bit cheaper, but that said it is a quality product.

Kristoffer

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Xero - industry standard

Its become part of the company. WIsh it was even better. Not much progress during last 5 years.

PROS

Its used by many, it has API to banks and is the industry norm

CONS

The customisation for each market is limited. Currencies is an expensive option.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Cost was lower than having full time bookkeeper

Ryan

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Arguably the best option

PROS

Good value for money and integrates with our other software's well

CONS

Ideally would like it to be a touch cheaper and have more customize options on reports

Gene

Reviewed February 2020

Accounting Software Design for the Business Owner

Xero give me, an accountant, a tool to provide my clients with that effectively gives them a tool for keeping their daily records in an orderly fashion make my job easier at the end of each month.

PROS

Xero have been designed to be used by non-account business folks. However, once the data has been listed an accountant has a great tool to use to finish the company financial records (Monthly, Quarterly & Annually). It is also priced at a rate that works for most business owners.

CONS

I really do not know of any areas within the software that I can list as "Least" liked. I do not know of any significant problems which I believe need correcting.

Reason for choosing Xero

Because of its design for the business owner.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I found Xero to be better designed for the average business owner at a lower rate.

Judah

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Solid platform

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

PROS

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

CONS

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

Reviewed August 2021

Xero is the One

I am very satisfied to be building my practice on Xero. They have a good product with a good company behind it. They seem to really care about their advisors and see them as key to their business model. They have a great community and great support.

PROS

What I like most about Xero is its open-platform ethos. It's not one particular feature, it's the whole way that Xero approaches what it does, and it shows up all over the product. One small example is how easy it is to manually import bank transactions via CSV file, and then how easy it is to undo that import if it went wrong. It's less about features (although Cash Coding and Find & Recode are brilliant) and more about design choices.

CONS

I want them to hurry up and integrate Hubdoc into Xero itself. And when that happens, I want there to be a way to generate a report that shows which GL transactions don't have a source document.

Reason for choosing Xero

In the end, I decided that the ability to integrate apps was going to be determinative over the long term. Xero and QBO are way out in front when it comes to integration and I expect that as the market matures, they will end up with a Coke-and-Pepsi-level of market dominance. They may already be there. Early on, I tried to get someone to sell me Accounting Power and/or Sage 50, but neither company seemed organized enough to close the sale. I was looking for a software partner that I could build my practice on and Xero were the ones who showed me they wanted to be that and had a plan to make it happen.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks treats their ProAdvisors the way Scar treats the hyenas in the Lion King. For Quickbooks, the advisor community will always be a means to an end. Their products are built for consumers, not professionals, and I expect they always will be.

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Powerful Accounting Software that Enables Anyone to Effectively Manage Their Accounts

Overall, Xero was a truly powerful software that took the dread of dealing with accounting and reconciliation and made it rather straightforward. The accounting process can effectively be handled by any person, which is rather refreshing. As an attorney, I'm not an accountant. So having something else to learn and utilize while already extremely busy would be a major inconvenience. However, Xero took what would have been a terrible experience and made it manageable.

PROS

Xero is a pretty straightforward product that is effectively almost immediately deployable. Xero's dashboard is not bulky or overwhelming like a significant number of other accounting software tends to be. Xero's help manuals and tutorials were also very useful and are great for helping users quickly refamiliarize themselves with the software. Xero worked well for my law firm for IOLTA (Lawyer Trust Account) reconciliation purposes. With the software linked to your desired account, you can easily reconcile all incoming and outgoing payments and expenses on a given account. Once set up, you literally can log in right after making a purchase to reconcile your accounts without having to fumble through old receipts later to try to remember specific actions that were taken on behalf of a client.

CONS

The only con that I personally experienced with Xero was that I routinely was required to relink and subsequently "resync" my banking account with Xero. Admittedly, this may have been a banking issue and not necessarily a Xero issue. However, when the relinking had to happen, this created a significant amount of issues because I was forced to relink the account, reimport expenses and incoming sums and then ensure that all the amounts had actually synced appropriately from my physical bank account to the Xero software.

Reason for choosing Xero

The price of Xero and the ability to effectively use the software almost immediately made the decision to choose Xero a straightforward one.

Reasons for switching to Xero

We switched from Quickbooks because the software felt really cumbersome and was not very user friendly to someone that isn't an accounting professional.

Cody

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Easy to Implement and Manage Global Business, Low Customization Options

Kanopy has found Xero to serve its needs well, but ultimately we moved on and migrated to NetSuite years later. We still keep Xero though for 1 international subsidiary that we found to be advantageous not to migrate. The mature business with complex operations may not find all needs are met with Xero, especially if the desire is to integrate many other tools/software with the ERP in a bi-directional data flow.

PROS

Xero serves well as an "out of the box" accounting system, not unlike Quickbooks. It also has more functionality and use internationally, making it a superior choice to QB if your business operates on a global, multicurrency basis. There are some solid automations which can be implemented with Xero as well, and the canned reporting generally suffices for the majority of basic financial needs.

CONS

Xero lacks the open customization options that software like Netsuite or Dynamics offers. For a small business this will often be fine, but a scaling operation looking to automate many functions based on unique business needs may someday find they have outgrown Xero and need to undergo an (often painful) ERP migration.

Reason for choosing Xero

International features are superior, and ability to manage multiple subsidiaries based in different countries is more manageable in Xero.

Ibrahim

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Xero is changing the landscape of cloud accounting

My experience with Xero can be described as fulfilling, it has simplified my workflow and saved me a lot of time and effort, I no longer spend long hours at the office. This has also impacted positively on my health. I would recommend this software to everyone.

PROS

“It’s so clean to apply, even for non-financial human beings” My financial institution transactions are robotically connect to Xero so I don’t have to manually input them myself. I get my Financial statements the first week after the year end Another charming issue of this software is that it is a great idea if a corporation is unfolded across a couple of places with personnel operating in various locations. The accountants from every location can get admission to the financial data of all branches at any moment irrespective of their vicinity or time. As a world main provider of online accounting software program, Xero utilizes world-elegance cloud safety. Your data is appropriately saved in the cloud, and guarded from both Cyber criminals and perils like fire or flood.

CONS

The expenses tracking can be formatted to allow multiply currencies to be easily uploaded in batches or real time. No integrated ‘Debtor Chasing’ function so companies will have to manually follow up on their unpaid invoices.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I wanted more flexible features in my accounting software and something much more updated against being traditional.