• icon"This is so amazing for people who work remotely and we need to collaborate on a project - definitely great for the distance."
  • icon"This software is so easy to use. I love the color coordination of the signatures and the ability to set the signing order is great."
  • icon"The best thing about DocuSign is the ability to conduct essential business from anywhere in the world and know that it is secure and safe."
  • icon"There are occasional glitches and bugs that are frustrating to work around. I have had to reload in the middle of signing and it lost the info."
  • icon"If one of the witnesses fails to sign, after some time the document is canceled. I lost some documents after I discovered this."
  • icon"The problem with econtracts is that we have trouble knowing when we they are confirmed. So sometimes it was hard to confirm if it worked."

Browse all DocuSign Reviews

• Have you used DocuSign and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 6,822 reviews

Beth

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Safe and secure way to easily create send and sign important documents

Samuel

October 2022

The finest of electronic signatures Without difficulty and paper

Utilizing DocuSign has been amazing in every way. Without having to bother about printing, it's nice to be able to quickly email contracts and agreements. DocuSign's secure signing system also enables electronic signatures. I frequently use it since DocuSign has made it so simple and quick to review and sign the multiple agreements files and contract papers we must give to our clients. It also saves us a ton of time and protects the environment by avoiding the use of a pen and paper. DocuSign is a tool that I absolutely enjoy using.

Pros

I have the ability to communicate legally binding papers to anybody, anywhere. They don't require that I see them in person or access my business computer at the workplace. Anywhere you want! Make adjustments using templates and save them for later use. It's quite practical to utilize some third-party apps with Docusign. The security and ease of usage are excellent for use with legal documentation.

Cons

The commercial version of DocuSign is more expensive than the alternatives, and I didn't utilize it until the business collaborated with them to make it available to all outside salespeople. For the essential functions of electronically signing a document via a touchscreen or smart device, there are less expensive and free apps available. DocuSign can also be difficult to use because of a function for setting up signatures that takes a long time and isn't truly essential, but you don't immediately realize it.

Reasons for switching to DocuSign

DocuSign gave us the best value for our money and our clients.

Lindsey

Helped us keep working through COVID-19 shutdowns

When we moved our services online in March 2020, we needed to switch to digital forms fast. DocuSign came recommended, and we trusted our salesperson and the recommendations from our peers. We used the platform with the understanding that the privacy of our clients would be protected, only to find out when out that we were not getting the HIPAA compliance that we needed. We were forced to get rid of DocuSign in favor of options that gave us the assurance we needed.

Pros

It is straightforward. You create documents to send and collect signatures on.

Cons

Not HIPAA Compliant! Despite being guaranteed HIPAA compliance on initial sales calls no follow-up was ever done to ensure compliance. When it came time to renew, I was informed that I would need to upgrade and pay more to achieve compliance.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

DocuSign had good reviews and came recommended.

cynthia

Docusign

Pros

Easy to use , quick to put a signature on paper ,stores multi signatures,

Cons

signature often has to be replaced, lose files often\

Ulises

Industry: Restaurants

September 2022

Herramienta indispensable para la gestión y firma de documentos

Es la herramienta que más ocupo para firmas electrónicas simples y siempre se tiene la seguridad que va a funcionar y va a funcionar correctamente.

Pros

Es el software líder claro en firmas digitales (electrónicas simples), tienen un desarrollo de UX y UI que es una de sus mejores ventajas, puesto que ofrece la mayor cantidad de funcionalidades, variables frente a softwares similares. Además la aplicación móvil ofrece muchas opciones y la facilidad de firmas en cualquier parte y hora.

Cons

Que no incluya elementos que permitan identificación de los firmantes de forma fiable sin necesidad de un certificado previo.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

Ofrecía la mejor opción de soporte, costo y funcionalidades

Por el soporte en México de DocuSign

Stephen

I forget how I Used to do business before DocuSign

I cannot imagine doing business without it. It has shaved hours of work off of my sxchedule per week.

Pros

This has almost completely replaced our use and storage of paper. I could not be happier to be using less paper.

Cons

I have yet to find any limitations or issues with the use of the DocuSign software.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

It was the best reviewed and best value for what it provides. I really did not seriuosly consider any of its competitors.

Matt

October 2022

Love DocuSign but it's not cheap!!!

My overall experience with DocuSign has been positive. I believe it is the best platform out there for this type of stuff but it's not the cheapest.

Pros

I love the easy of setting it up & the functionality. It also integrated with our ATS which saved a ton of time.

Cons

It can be expensive depending on what it is used for. The one thing I have an issue with is that you are charged for just sending out the documents even if the person doesn't sign them or even open it.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

We chose DocuSign because of the functionality & ability to integrate with our ATS.

Jordan

October 2022

Expensive option but the best of the best

We send contracts out for signature for our disabled clients and clients needing financial assistance but are too embarrassed to come into the office. This provides an option that out clients love.

Pros

It is so easy to send contracts for multiparty signature. We can have brand new admin team members figure it out in minutes.

Cons

It is very expensive for what it is. It is still worth the money but it is expensive.

Amit

Docusign - A great Electronic Authenticator

After usage of good 8 months-1 year, we have a good grasp on its features and we hope we can keep using this tool in future as well.

Pros

The ability to create custom sign templates, to sign docs carefully and securely without worry is a great relief and we are hopeful to continue using docusign in future as well.

Cons

There's no feature to dislike as we have been able to utilize it for lots and lots of docs signing which is really helpful.

Anastasiia

Industry: Chemicals

October 2022

Docusign - amazing software for digital signatures

Pros

DocuSign is simply amazing. It helped us to drastically shorten the time spent on management and signing the documents. It is very easy to use and it has all the necessary features.

Cons

I really do not find any cons related to Docusign

Prashant

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

My review for Docusign

I have a very good experience

Pros

Easy to get the signature on the document digitally without downloading or scanning the document which save a lot of time.

Cons

I doesn't have the variety of signature as font.

Diane

Industry: Law Practice

July 2022

Works for digital signatures

Docusign was effective and easy for me to use. I saved so much time not having to go to the office or meet in person. As a paralegal I deal with a large number of documents each day and many need authenticated signatures so docusign was great for me to have. Sadly there are some problems with the software but I hope that they will be fixed and I would love to try it again.

Pros

I can send documents that need to be signed to anyone from anywhere. I don't have to meet them in person and I don't have to go to the office and use my work desktop. Use it anywhere! Use templates and save customizations to be used next time. Some third part apps can be used with docusign, very convenient! Ease of use is great and security is good enough for legal documemt use.

Cons

There have been times when I needed to cancel or edit a document with an error or blank field and docusign does not allow me to do that. This makes me have to complete several extra steps in order to get the document properly typed up, signed, and sent. I haven't found a way to draw my own signature and some of the places I regularly send documents to called to make sure it was legitimate when we first started using docusign.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

Recommendations and positive ratings and feedback.

Reasons for switching to DocuSign

I just did not like anything about zoho sign and I hated using it. Docusign had good ratings and was recommended by friends who work in my field (Law)

Nick

Industry: Mental Health Care

Bridging the Gap Between a Traditional and a Modern Workplace

When I was hired on, one of my primary tasks was to develop a way to take four separate facilities with their own unique filing systems and their own administrative procedures that were rooted business practices from the 1960s, and transform them into a single company run from a centralized office with all data storage to be accomplished via the cloud. We designed the infrastructures of the various sites, implemented multilevel reporting systems, and began determining what needs we had for file transfer and storage, and how to accomplish obtaining staff and client signatures on the inordinate number of daily forms required for our operations to be successful. Being able to securely sign documents electronically, have them authenticated and time stamped, then routed to the correct recipient was a feature that we did not know we needed and did not completely believe that we wanted it. Because of the vast array of Options on DocuSign, we soon realized that if we familiarized ourselves with its capabilities, we could quickly determine the best way to choose the software and hardware that we would be installing at each site. This was a tremendous blessing in disguise for me. We projected that between meetings with consultants and contractors, staff members, and executive staff, it would take us 7-10 days to develop the system we would ultimately use. By becoming familiar with the DocuSign training literature, our team was able to develop and place orders before the end of day

Pros

When I took the position of Clinical Director at this inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, I was presented with the unenviable task of taking four separate and distinct facilities--located across three counties--and streamlining their processes, allowing all executive and administrative functions to be handled at a single office. Near the very top of my list of potential hurdles was deploying a strategy to have all paperwork sent to and processed by our central office within 48 hours. Prior to deploying DocuSign, this project was a nightmare for all involved. Some staff sent in paperwork via e-mail without the necessary signatures or time stamps. Some staff printed out hundreds upon hundreds of pieces of paper, gathered the required signatures, then physically drove the documents to our central office. We were watching time and money disappear due to inefficiency. With DocuSign, these problems disappeared nearly overnight. Staff receive alerts to inform them of the necessary paperwork they must attend to, and they can immediately access the information, verify it, and digitally sign it. A process that cost our company multiple hours a week and resulted in countless missing or incorrect documents was radically transformed into a model of efficiency simply by utilizing DocuSign.

Cons

I firmly believe that for organizations that are currently using some sort of digital file management system, there would be absolutely no difficulty in integrating DocuSign with their current business practices. Our company was at a disadvantage initially because we were not only implementing DocuSign but also making a full transition from traditional filing cabinets and folders to a cloud based system. Attempting to determine the best and most efficient ways to integrate DocuSign with the other software we were simultaneously rolling out was a challenge. Luckily, DocuSign had ready-made instructions that walked us through the implementation step by step.

Trevor

The Most Popular Digital Signature Platform

DocuSign is used to contact clients that are isolated or quarantined for medical reasons, to get documents signed. The audit trail and authentication tools are helpful. It would be impossible to navigate the current professional climate without a digital signature platform, and DocuSign is the most popular. I would recommend shopping around and taking advantage of free trials before settling on one product.

Pros

DocuSign is undoubtedly the most popular digital signature platform. The format is recognizable to most clients, and my IT department doesn't have much issue working with the template library. When DocuSign is properly set up, you are unlikely to experience any notable issues.

Cons

The design is less than intuitive. My IT department struggles to navigate the administrative tools, and has issues understanding problems that users are having. To resolve issues, users often contact DocuSign IT before contacting our department IT. Thankfully, DocuSign IT is very helpful, and not a lot of time is spent waiting on hold.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

DocuSign was the most popular.

Corporate level decision

Imi

Digital Transformation starts with electronic Signature.

It is good to very good. I think it is too expensive. The version I use does not have the full feature, which is even more expensive. I do respect the Value provided due to the time savings and ease of doing business but overall, it should have been at least been cheaper.

Pros

As the one who loads contract and documents for signoff in my organisation this has been easiest system to work with - Drag and drop my contract and other document. 2. Enter a name of party and if this name was already entered, then the address book pops in the email address. 3. Set the order for sign off, and wait for users to get their notifications. Docusign has moved my process from 3 week to 2 days in most cases. The user gets an email in their inbox, click and accepts then adopt and signs. A simple step wise process that take only 10 minutes to get a new user onboarded and into the process of full digital or a electronic signature. Users who does not like the electronic or digital signature can always download and wet in their signature, and email the document for administrator to complete the process.

Cons

The initial email goes to Junk. (BIG ISSUE) when I am dealing with a new client, who has never had a docusign email from me. In this case, I always have to call clients to take a look into their Junk mail. A challenge that I face with this platform is with the address book, if you user enters incorrect name or email for a signature party, the system does not have a way to correct this error, you just have to make a new duplicate contact, which sometime cause confusion when you are trying to find a specific user. The example John Public - email: Jpublic@hmc.net if this is entered as John Public email: Jpubli@hmcc.net - then both records are kept in the address book, which can causes confusion going forward.

Soorya

Excellent agreement and digital signature app

Excellent is the only word for this app. Extremely easy to start with, easy to customize, share and get things done ( signature, review or agreements) faster

Pros

We love DocuSign for it's absolutely ease to create, send, share, remind the agreements that we share with our students and Parents. Its one tool that is the starting point of a relationship of our company with our customers. With ease, our customers can easily review, agree and sign the documents and since they are cloud enabled we can easily keep track of the documents, review for any clauses etc If you work with customers, this is the first investment you should do!

Cons

We are in a per seater plan, and would have liked to have payment plan enabled for the pay-per-seat plan as well. Currently its only for business pro plans and onwards. That being said, it does not affect our business or sales process and collections. Just good to have feature for paid users as well

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

Easy to get started, customize, create documents, sharing with students, parents was much easy and my team was more comfortable with DocuSign

Reasons for switching to DocuSign

We used to use PDF forms for signing or agreements, overtime it got messy to manage so many changes, review document management etc

Industry: Publishing

I don't know how we did business before Docusign

I was just mentioning to someone last week how Docusign has revolutionized our contracts process. What used to require a ton of paper, fed-ex overnight packages, and things being signed in three or four copies has now all been done away with. If it's one signer or a dozen, Docusign makes it super easy. The auto-reminder emails are really helpful, too. From time to time we'll encounter "old folks" who don't know that clicking the email isn't enough to sign the document - you have to follow the (clearly explained) instructions that follow, but once they're told to try again, they usually get it. We do 15 to 20 contracts per month and it works great every time.

Pros

We sign a lot of contracts, and the signers are usually busy folks who don't have time to print and scan and email. If we're lucky, they had a secretary or assistant who could shove a contract in front of them for a signature, but that wasn't usually the case. With Docusign, a few clicks have a contract signed sealed and delivered.

Cons

I'm trying to think of a way to be critical of Docusign, but I really can't. Their setup can be as simple or detailed as any contract calls for. Perhaps a "signing wizard" for the tech-impaired crowd might make it a tad simpler, but it's pretty doggone easy as it is. I can't complain.

Reasons for choosing DocuSign

Adobe Sign was a good solution, too, but Docusign was really the "big name" in online signing, so we went with that and haven't regretted it. Had we gone with Adobe Sign I'm sure we'd be equally pleased.

Deirdre

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy of the document or will be signing. I will then at the moment, just click "re-send" and be done with it. After the recipient views and/or sign the document, I will get a notification. Another feature I like, is the fact that you do not need to upload documents. You can drag and drop it. You can also send bulk envelopes and share envelopes between DocuSign users. With DocuSign, you can also get a history of your transaction, which is great. It shows when the envelope was created, sent, viewed, completed, re-sent, corrected and more.

Cons

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Reasons for switching to DocuSign

Company felt that DocuSign has more/better feature and is not as costly.

Sandy