• Pros

• "Clean UX. Easy for business to use. Intuitive processes. "

• "- Contract generation is great, and their a la carte options are handy to have - Ease of use for legal teams and business teams - Searchable records database"

• "ease, responsiveness of staff and functionality"

• Cons

• "I wish there were Dashboard filters. For example, currently I can sort my active contracts, but I can't filter them to see, for example, only those that are in the "Archive" stage."

• "Constantly evolving, which is good, but means that feature sets changed a lot over 2 month implementation period. "

• "Ironclad needs more features, variables, conditionality's, and the ability to make API calls to other management systems (other than Salesforce)."

Browse Ironclad Reviews

Liza from Gusto

Easy to use, beautiful product with great support!

Pros

Ease of use - our non-legal stakeholders can intuitively use the product and love how it works! Clean UI - no unnecessary options, everything make sense Great support - very responsible support who've been able to help us out in a pinch The self-service option is getting better and better - excited about the potential!

Cons

Wish that some of the newer features would be implemented into the older workflows faster (we are just now finding out about some features that have been available for a long time but weren't reflected in our workflows)

Angela from Impossible Foods

Pros of Ironclad

All legal request use to go through an email distribution list to our entire legal department. There was no assignment, no accountability, and no approval chain. Ironclad fixed our email overload and made approval, signing authority, and back end filing issues disappear.

Pros

For me, hand downs, it is ease of use. We needed a system that could be easily be adopted by not only our legal team, but everyone in our company. Ironclad was designed for legal departments and it is taking a complex process and making it simple. We have expanded use to so many other departments solely because it is easy to use and has been so widely adopted by our users.

Cons

I titled my review "Pros of Ironclad" because there really are no cons. Sure, I would love some features that are currently not offered, but I don't consider this a con. They are very receptive to requests and make efforts to get me want I'm looking for.

Good but not Great

Pros

It's functionality is great. The report system adds a true value in helping the firms/company to increase efficiency. It minimizes effort in versioning up and having a comment section is great in keeping all the notes. Being able to store metadata is crucial in terms of renewal.

Cons

It's just not great. It can be better. Non-legal background users have hard time understanding the process. These process and system is very foreign to them and it doesn't resemble any other software that they use. So it takes a long time for them to understand the importance of versions, redlining, and metadata. Not being able to upload PDF is a big issue. Building a brand new workflow or tweak a bit takes too much time to build. There's not enough self producing(despite Blueprint) and self control in admin's perspective and we have to reply on Ironclad's support team most of the times. I don't think that's efficient in either side.

Self-service legal with easy UI, responsive customer service

Ironclad has significantly cut down the time Legal spends generating form contracts and chasing down signatures.

Pros

I love the redlines feature. My internal stakeholders find it easy and intuitive to use and love being able to keep track of where their agreement is in the review cycle. Any time we need help or want to change a workflow, Ironclad have been incredibly responsive to our requests.

Adam from TrueAccord

Great product with AMAZING customer service

Pros

Customizable, simple, intuitive UX made ramping up our users easy. We were able to provide our needs and then rely on our counterparts at Ironclad to quickly understand and propose work flows for us.

Cons

Lacks, at least for now, robust support for our google drive which is our preferred storage solution. While it is a very customizable platform I feel there is potential for this system to do much more and I'd love to see more innovative features rolling out faster.

Sangeetha from Indiegogo

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great UX and Potential for Transforming Contracting Process

Great customer service, willingness to respond to questions/feature requests, good understanding of the legal contracting process.

Pros

Clean UX. Easy for business to use. Intuitive processes.

Cons

Need ability to self-customize and more self-service. Contract templates change our teams need the flexibility to be able to change the templates in Ironclad without incurring a cost each time (as that doesn't reflect the realities of businesses and changing legal environments).

Alese from Indiegogo, Inc.

Industry: Fund-Raising

Intuitive, Clan, Easy to Use Interface

Pros

Cons

- Not as feature heavy yet, and since there's also not self-service options, there is a lot of back and forth with them (granted, they are very responsive and wonderful at customer service)

Ironclad

Great experience. Would love to speak to someone about suggestions.

Pros

Personalized workflows. Quick customer service. Personal Legal Engineer to walk you through your workflows.

Cons

Could use some tweaks here and there (simple ones) to make it more user friendly. Really need to somehow separate legacy inbound documents in to categories so they are searchable. (ie legacy NDAs when brought in through legacy inbound workflows are not accessible to users with permissions only to NDAs). Not sure if my suggestions are being seen.

josh from Away

Off to a good start

Pros

Very receptive to product feedback; lots of customization; genuinely makes simple agreements automatic (which saves a lot of time in the aggregate)

Cons

We were a little ambitious about what we could do and how quickly it could happen and the product hasn't quite caught up to some of the aspirational goals we have for our long-term implementation.

Great customer service

Love the team, love the solution they put together for us, excited to ramp up in Blueprint

Pros

They are creative problem solvers and really invest in their customers.

Cons

One-of-a-kind software, makes life much easier

Overall had a great experience with the Ironclad team - the software has been very valuable and we use it a lot.

Pros

We purchased this for our legal team and it has saved them a lot of time. You have the ability to set up various workflows and the Ironclad team will help you through it. Once it's set up, you can execute and revise documents with a few clicks without any manual work. As revisions are made, redlines are saved. It integrates with our existing cloud infrastructure, which is pretty convenient, and keeps things organized and immaculately named.

Cons

The setup process can be a bit cumbersome, but the Ironclad team mentioned they have a new feature that will make customizing workflows a lot easier and less manual.

My new toy

Routine documents are now becoming self-service. The product has already started saving me time in light of the time, effort, and learning curve in setting it up.

Pros

Not only is it really easy to set up new workflows in Blueprint, it's actually kind of fun. I keep calling Blueprint my new toy. To a person, all of my internal clients have been very please with the ease of use of the workflows and the ability to generate routine documents themselves.

Ashlee from Dropbox

Contract "self-service" is a breeze using Ironclad.

We have enabled our co-workers to access, send and e-sign our standard agreements without involving anyone in legal.

Pros

The user interface is clean and intuitive. Feedback is incorporated and released in weeks, not months. The Ironclad team is passionate about innovating in a space (CMS) where there have been no great vendors. They built a solution that automatically creates files and file names and stores them in an organized folder structure. They have a high emphasis on security, it was not an afterthought. All around a great team to work with...

It's a product that is getting better as time goes on

It's great for creating and executing really rote forms like NDA that don't require legal department review. As time goes on, they are improving the product, so it will likely get easier and more intuitive over time.

Pros

For workflows that are really automated that require little to no lawyer review, like NDAs, it's great.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky with respect to legal review with the necessity to download/upload new versions. If you get a PDF to review, you have to convert it to Word and then upload into the system. So blacklining within the Ironclad system is rendered impossible, and also your version numbering is inaccurate. There are also some rote functionalities that aren't exactly intuitive.

Innovative platform

It truly has been a partnership, with both teams focus on putting out a great experience for our users.

Pros

The speed at which we have been able to deploy it across our company.

Cons

No complaints thus far but we have only been live on the system for under 6 months.

Lisa from Sumo Logic, Inc.

ironclad experience

wonderful they are responsive, eager and always willing to help

Pros

ease, responsiveness of staff and functionality

Cons

not sure yet, but more functionality in the search and reporting category

Sylvester from Fitbit, Inc.

Senior Contract Negotiator

My experience has been a good one but not a great one. I believe the right intentions are there, hopefully it gets actualized.

Pros

The fact that I can look at the platform and see the history of what has gone on with every contract

Cons

The fact that I am not able to use it for Amendments. It seems to only work for new Agreements which isn't useful for me as I am constantly Amending contracts. With Ironclad not having functionality for Amendments, it is difficult to link the main Agreement with subsequent Amendments--this needs to be fixed.

Christina from Confluent, inc.

I wish Ironclad were easier to use

I don’t love Ironclad as it seems like you need specialized training to use it in any meaningful way.

Pros

I like the function that Ironclad serves and particularly like that you can upload company documents and create conditions yourself as it reduces the time required to have a form available for use across the company.

Cons

This software is not at all intuitive—even the term “workflow” is not intuitive. I find that the dashboard is clunky and it’s really not an easy to use program even if it gets the job done.

Up and coming product

Ironclad's legal engineers are top notch. They are very responsive and very creative.

Pros

The user interface is simple to use. It was also customizable for our particular work flow.

Cons

It is a young software and doesn't yet have all the bells and whistles that its competitors provide.