• icon"Salesforce integration works flawlessly - Docusign integration lacks visibility but it's good enough."
  • icon"It's pretty easy to use and allows us to send contracts to prospects and track all of the activity taken on the contracts."
  • icon"It's fairly organized and streamlines the legal process once you learn the software."
  • icon"Everyone I speak to about Ironclad I tell how awful it is and they don't seem to recognise this is a problem. I offered them a chance to set me free and they chose not to take it."
  • icon"The search capabilities are really limited. You can only search by the title of the workflow."
  • icon"I haven't found anything I don't like about Ironclad."

Browse all Ironclad Reviews

• Have you used Ironclad and would like to share your experience with others?

Liza

Easy to use, beautiful product with great support!

Pros

Ease of use - our non-legal stakeholders can intuitively use the product and love how it works! Clean UI - no unnecessary options, everything make sense Great support - very responsible support who've been able to help us out in a pinch The self-service option is getting better and better - excited about the potential!

Cons

Wish that some of the newer features would be implemented into the older workflows faster (we are just now finding out about some features that have been available for a long time but weren't reflected in our workflows)

Sharlene

September 2022

Powerful but rigid tool that covers all the needs of SMBs

Contract workflows took some time to create and perfect but the functionalities are there, though sometimes not apparent. - Customer Service is helpful and turnaround time is usually 1-2 days. - UI is passable. Takes some time for end-user to learn. - Contract management - Database is useful, with no powerful proximity search like some competitors, but it's functional. Version control is built-in and apparent.

Pros

- The ability to send and receive new versions of documents through email without the need to download/upload to existing Ironclad workflow is very convenient. - Built-in text editor with ability to @comment someone in-line is useful for minor redlines and collaborating internally (but UI still needs work). - Activity feed and email tracking (when enabled through a CC) allows for storage of discussions around redlines so that future teammates can look back at contract negotiations without having an admin search through a previous employee's inbox, for example. - Salesforce integration works flawlessly - Docusign integration lacks visibility but it's good enough

Cons

- Getting workflows set up to cover possible permutations and outliers was 2 months-long, aggravating experience. The problem lies in that changes to a workflow template will not affect in-flight contracts, so you would have to take the docs out of Ironclad and go through email/Docusign, which cancels the need for Ironclad. Most of the time, you don't discover you need to change a workflow until you are already in the middle of contract negotiations. Some examples: - Our signer was OOO, but we did not set up a backup signer in the workflow template. All of his in-flight contracts had to be restarted or taken down to email and counterparties had to be contacted manually. - An in-flight contract needed to add an addendum page to the packet, and this doc had to be signed by Counterparty. However, we didn't build-in an addendum page possibility into the workflow, so we couldn't get it signed along with existing docs. Had to download all and go through email/Docusign, then re-upload to Ironclad repository.

Reasons for choosing Ironclad

LinkSquares was ultra powerful albeit with matching price tag. Outlaw is newer, a lot more flexible, and had almost all the functionalities we were seeking in mid 2022, but not quite there.

Response from Ironclad

Hi Sharlene, Thank you for the review! It is wonderful hear how Ironclad has improved your contracting process, and helpful to understand where you would like to see product development. We love to hear from our customers - please reach out directly if there is more feedback you would like to pass along. Thank you!

Good but not Great

Pros

It's functionality is great. The report system adds a true value in helping the firms/company to increase efficiency. It minimizes effort in versioning up and having a comment section is great in keeping all the notes. Being able to store metadata is crucial in terms of renewal.

Cons

It's just not great. It can be better. Non-legal background users have hard time understanding the process. These process and system is very foreign to them and it doesn't resemble any other software that they use. So it takes a long time for them to understand the importance of versions, redlining, and metadata. Not being able to upload PDF is a big issue. Building a brand new workflow or tweak a bit takes too much time to build. There's not enough self producing(despite Blueprint) and self control in admin's perspective and we have to reply on Ironclad's support team most of the times. I don't think that's efficient in either side.

Mary

Industry: Medical Devices

Ironclad Review

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Ironclad. Each Ironclad representative I have had the pleasure to speak with has been polite, helpful and professional. The application itself has been so easy to use, I have really enjoyed building out the workflows and training my team, and I have no programming application background at all. I would highly recommend this application to anyone. You will not regret using Ironclad.

Pros

I like how easy the application is. I took the Developer training and was ready to build out the workflows after the first training session. It was easy to pick-up and I felt like Ironclad gave me all the tools I need to be successful right out of the gate. The customer service has never been lacking, from the first day until now, and the application is so easy to use, it has been easy to roll the application out for everyone and get them in and using it with ease.

Cons

I see a lot of potential with the application, as for as additional functionality. And when I have offered suggestions to Ironclad, I do feel like they have taken these suggestion and actually implemented them. The only true Con I can think of is a better "audit" trail of the back end (like somewhere to see a date and time stamp of when users are added, removed, given permissions, etc.)

Reasons for choosing Ironclad

We felt this application would be easier to use. Other members of our team had used it in the past and preferred this one.

Response from Ironclad

Hi Mary,Building a product that is easy to use and provides quick time to value is at the core of our product philosophy. Thank you so much for the review and for being a customer. And please keep sending the feedback and product suggestions our way - we love hearing from our customers!

Replied September 2022

Self-service legal with easy UI, responsive customer service

Ironclad has significantly cut down the time Legal spends generating form contracts and chasing down signatures.

Pros

I love the redlines feature. My internal stakeholders find it easy and intuitive to use and love being able to keep track of where their agreement is in the review cycle. Any time we need help or want to change a workflow, Ironclad have been incredibly responsive to our requests.

Cons

I wish there were Dashboard filters. For example, currently I can sort my active contracts, but I can't filter them to see, for example, only those that are in the "Archive" stage.

Joshua

Best Thing to Streamline Our Contracting Process

Pros

Since we use a lot of the same agreements project after project, it is critical to save time through standardization and automation. Ironclad encouraged us to take that step to facilitate the contracting process to get contracts signed faster than we ever have. The Support team is also amazing, as I've recommended features that have been implemented in later versions of the program, and they really listen to their users and want to make sure we are taking advantage of all Ironclad has to offer. And our business users absolutely love it!

Cons

I can't really say there is anything I like least about the software because I know that it is constantly changing and improving. Whatever I say I don't like about it now, I'm sure there will likely be an update in the future that will remedy it.

Response from Ironclad

Hi Joshua, We are so happy to hear that Ironclad has helped you to standardize and automate your contracting process. We're also so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience working with our support team - I'll be sure to pass that feedback along to them. Thank you for the review and for being a customer!

Tony

Ironclad Review

The overall experience has been positive and I would recommend Ironclad to any organization looking for a contract management solution.

Pros

Ironclad is easy to use and allows teams to efficiently edit and execute contracts in a collaborative manner.

Cons

There are still some features that are not available such as the parent-child relationship and being able to see who is currently reviewing the draft of the contract. However, the solution is improving with each new release and these features will be available soon.

Response from Ironclad

Hi Tony, We've put a lot of work into Ironclad's collaboration capabilities, so it is wonderful to see that called out as one of the things you like best. We'll reach out directly to chat more about parent-child relationships and turn tracking. Thanks for the review!

Angela

Pros of Ironclad

All legal request use to go through an email distribution list to our entire legal department. There was no assignment, no accountability, and no approval chain. Ironclad fixed our email overload and made approval, signing authority, and back end filing issues disappear.

Pros

For me, hand downs, it is ease of use. We needed a system that could be easily be adopted by not only our legal team, but everyone in our company. Ironclad was designed for legal departments and it is taking a complex process and making it simple. We have expanded use to so many other departments solely because it is easy to use and has been so widely adopted by our users.

Cons

I titled my review "Pros of Ironclad" because there really are no cons. Sure, I would love some features that are currently not offered, but I don't consider this a con. They are very receptive to requests and make efforts to get me want I'm looking for.

One-of-a-kind software, makes life much easier

Overall had a great experience with the Ironclad team - the software has been very valuable and we use it a lot.

Pros

We purchased this for our legal team and it has saved them a lot of time. You have the ability to set up various workflows and the Ironclad team will help you through it. Once it's set up, you can execute and revise documents with a few clicks without any manual work. As revisions are made, redlines are saved. It integrates with our existing cloud infrastructure, which is pretty convenient, and keeps things organized and immaculately named.

Cons

The setup process can be a bit cumbersome, but the Ironclad team mentioned they have a new feature that will make customizing workflows a lot easier and less manual.

September 2022

Ironclad, the good and the bad

Ok as a repository, workflow and contact creation is helpful.

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Good search functionality.

Cons

Ironclad is missing critical contract management functions in the contract notification area. Inability to customize redundant expiration notifications to targeted users is a major flaw and may result in problematic and expensive contract key date misses.

Response from Ironclad

Hi David, We've put a lot of work into Ironclad's search capabilities, so it is wonderful to see search called out as one of the things you like best. Thank you for your feedback on contract notifications. We'd love to learn more about the features you are looking for - we'll reach out directly!

Ironclad

Great experience. Would love to speak to someone about suggestions.

Pros

Personalized workflows. Quick customer service. Personal Legal Engineer to walk you through your workflows.

Cons

Could use some tweaks here and there (simple ones) to make it more user friendly. Really need to somehow separate legacy inbound documents in to categories so they are searchable. (ie legacy NDAs when brought in through legacy inbound workflows are not accessible to users with permissions only to NDAs). Not sure if my suggestions are being seen.

Sangeetha

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great UX and Potential for Transforming Contracting Process

Great customer service, willingness to respond to questions/feature requests, good understanding of the legal contracting process.

Pros

Clean UX. Easy for business to use. Intuitive processes.

Cons

Need ability to self-customize and more self-service. Contract templates change our teams need the flexibility to be able to change the templates in Ironclad without incurring a cost each time (as that doesn't reflect the realities of businesses and changing legal environments).

McKay

Ok to Use by Frustrating to Learn

Pros

Cons

Ironclad can be frustrating to navigate and some features aren't intuitive. For example, it's not obvious how to change a signator and it can only be done before the contract is approved. In one situation, my manager was unexpectedly in a car accident and I needed to change the person of contact. Since it was already approved, I had to request an edit and wait for it to go all the way back through the queue. I wish there was more visibility between team members- there is no way for me to check on requests filed by others, which is very obnoxious when someone is OOO. Last thing- leaving a comment doesn't notify anyone unless you tag them. I would love for all stakeholders- or at least the legal reviewer- to up know when a change is made.

Alese

Industry: Fund-Raising

Intuitive, Clan, Easy to Use Interface

Pros

- Contract generation is great, and their a la carte options are handy to have - Ease of use for legal teams and business teams - Searchable records database

Cons

- Not as feature heavy yet, and since there's also not self-service options, there is a lot of back and forth with them (granted, they are very responsive and wonderful at customer service)

Valuable contract flow tool for busy legal teams

Ironclad helps to solve the manual processes that were inherent to contract negotiation and I've had great success in streamlining the contract negotiation process to the point that my internal business partners can self server most contracts without my review at all based on our pre-determined fields.

Pros

Ironclad has a suite of contract tools that allow for internal teams to easily and quickly get contracts sent out for review without heavy involvement by the legal team. The platform has an intuitive revision flow that makes it clear what redlines have been made so legal teams can quickly pinpoint where to focus their energy and compare versioning in one platform, and once completed send the document out for signature and archive it in our cloud storage platform of choice. Ironclad has really helped remove some of the painful manual contract review processes I had to deal with and allows me to spend my time more wisely on other legal issues rather than on more administrative contract processes.

Cons

As a new user it takes a little time to learn how to use the platform correctly as a new user, and I wish there were better resources available for self learning on how to best use Ironclad's various features. However, once you get up to speed with Ironclad it's easy to build some very useful workflows without much more guidance.

Deepak

Best CLM of my time.

Pros

1. Easy to use. 2. Easy to understand. 3. Save lot of time. 4. Save lots of paper work. 5. Easy to track all the contract. 6. Easy to upload the document which are already created in other platform. 7. Easy to integrated with other software like Adobe Sign, Hello sign and Salesforce etc. 8. Reports are easy to understand. 9. Clause functionality is super awesome.

Cons

1. Deletion of multiple records are not available. 2. No restriction on uploading same records multiple times.

Response from Ironclad

We're so happy to have you in the community, Deepk! Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience.

Replied September 2022

Great value for a flexible product

Pros

This is a great product which will be easy to build out contract workflows. The Ironclad team is constantly releasing new product updates, which have been very useful.

Cons

There are some features that we'd love to see in future releases. For instance, ability for ad hoc approvals, better reporting/analytics, and additional conditional formatting.

TERRI