Document360

Document360 Reviews

• icon"Creating and updating articles is really easy. The support / customer success team is eager to help and to build and deploy new functionality."
  • icon"Document360 is easy to set up and administer. The employees were extremely helpful during the transition and have been very responsive to our requests since."
  • icon"I am happy to work with the whole package Document360 offers. It is not only the simplicity when creating and organizing articles but also the storing of images and videos one use in them."
  • icon"The search feature and permissions can sometimes not work properly or get messed up."
  • icon"Initially, PDF export was not functioning well."
  • icon"It can be hard to set up with other applications we use often."

Browse all Document360 Reviews

• Have you used Document360 and would like to share your experience with others?

Christeen

Great overall, could add a couple of more features

Overall I find it a far preferable option to reduce the tickets that shoulder the customer support. The best tool for creating a product Knowledge base and FAQ pages.

Pros

It gives you a central hub of information. Rather than searching and asking for support issues faced by employees through cluttered information, you encourage to find answer themselves. It can be used as both internal and external knowledge base. Top features for me in this tool is the powerful analytics that tells you what people have and what they are looking for, allowing you to plug the gap. This makes your knowledge base more reliable and usable. You can have user restriction access meaning complete control over who is able to access what. If you want to keep your information private.

Cons

The only issue I see is you can import content from WordPress and no word or CHM. Though these are nice to have options I personally prefer having it.

Jay

July 2022

Best knowledge base for our needs

Pros

It feels very intuitive. We first implemented an open-source solution that had a lot of great features but there were more than a few quirks that made it difficult to scale for the entire department to use. With Document360, it just seems to work. Creating and editing content is easy. Building and rearranging the navigation is easy. And customer support has been very responsive. There seems to be good energy behind the product with a strong pipeline of new features. We evaluated several competing products and Document360 came out on top.

Cons

The cost grows considerably with larger teams. The enterprise package comes with 20 authors but after that pricing is per author and there is no distinction between active content creators and casual content creators. I would like my entire department to be able to create knowledge articles but I know that many, if not most, will do so infrequently and the $19/month per user is steep for what they're contributing. I would like to introduce Document360 to the entire organization but the cost would be prohibitive for the number of users we would like to allow to create content but would do so very infrequently.

Reasons for choosing Document360

It was more intuitive and best fit with our workflows.

Aarthi

June 2022

The easiest and best tool for KB

Pros

Very easy and intuitive tool for KB Gives complete ownership to writers to manage the end-to-end workflow of documentation Inbuilt image and table styles make work much easier SEO and Analytics give broader understanding of how to design KB

Cons

Inflexible home page editor Introduction of span styles on copy-paste Junk characters with periods, quotes, etc. Difficulty in working with callouts Unavailability of preview or staging for intermediate check or review

Jarren

April 2022

Great Knowledge Base Product!

For a long time, our end-user documentation was located on SharePoint and over the years became very outdated and unorganized. Document360 has changed the way we design, organize, and maintain all of our end-user documentation for our technology applications at a reasonable price. If you are looking for a true Knowledge Base solution to solve a similar issue, I recommend Document360.

Pros

Document360 provides a Knowledge Base SaaS that is robust, but easy to use and maintain. The content tools feature(s) allows for you to design and create your documentation at a macro level, making the micro editing of that documentation very smooth. SSO and Security Permissions make for a more secure environment and analytics dashboards provide insights into your environment, documentation, and potential knowledge gaps.

Cons

Like any SaaS, there are occasionally bugs you are likely to run into with Document360. With that being said, Document360 has a support system in place to help navigate you through those issues.

Reasons for switching to Document360

As mentioned above, SharePoint did not prove to be a good solution for us any more to maintain our documentation and we needed to move to a true Knowledge Base.

Uthara

June 2022

Alternative for DITA for small to mid tier organizations

As I'm moving to a new org, I'm seeing what I can do to take Document360 along with me.

Pros

Document360 has been a breath of fresh air for me after seeing organizations taking it too far with DITA. I will applaud the tool for its simple UI-just MS Word-like and very easy to use! Its powerful Search funtionality is itself enough to make you an instant fan of the platform. Not sure about their backend SEO, but I make use of the slug, short description, and H2 & H3 headings and keywords to optimize my content.

Cons

Experience with Tables can be improved, but I'm told by their Customer Servicing team that some enhancements are on the way.

Lisa

Industry: Facilities Services

Document360 does the job

I was originally brought in to migrate content into the new system. I quickly found it was able to handle my needs and look amazing.

Pros

Cost and Ease of Use. I also like the way it displays. With decent CSS, it can look as good as much higher priced tool.

Cons

Could have better content sharing and style options but otherwise does flat content beautifully.

Reasons for choosing Document360

I was not the one who picked it.

Guy

Great product by an enthusiastic team

We are using Document360 for the customer documentation for our software product. It has been really easy to set up and maintain and the Document360 team is really pleasant to work with.

Pros

The product is intuitive to set up and manage. Creating and updating articles is really easy. The support / customer success team is eager to help and to build and deploy new functionality.

Cons

Since it's a relatively new product, it doesn't have the full maturity of a product that has existed for years. But it's quickly growing towards full maturity.

Reasons for choosing Document360

Ease of use, look & feel

Alex

Document 360 Review

Easy to use, quick to get up and running with instant results. They follow up regularly with calls that ensure that all updates and enhancements to the platform are understood.

Pros

Maintaining a knowledge base on this software is both intuitive and easy. The ability to quickly add and organise sections when your application is rapidly changing ensures that your customers are always looking at the correct data.

Cons

One con is that I think the MIS on page visits could be more advanced by I don't really expect that for the current cost.

Gabriela

Happy and satisfied customer

It has been very positive. One of the things I like the most and I consider Critical is the support. It is just amazing how fast support team answer our questions. I like that the post-sales activities, our vendor checks regularly on our side if there are issues, or questions. This is very valuable. I also like that there is a platform where customers can write for new developments, new features, or any improvement that one might suggest to the application. I am very happy with this support and I hope it will continue like this. It is really extraordinary.

Pros

I am happy to work with the whole package Document360 offers. It is not only the simplicity when creating and organizing articles but also the storing of images and videos one use in them. Also the checking and contributing among a writing team, is very easy to use. We contribute in the discussions about things related to a specific article. And is very practical to check the written article already in the "View site" option, meaning exactly what our customers will find.

Cons

Sometimes, but only sometimes the applications hangs, and it is necessary to close it and open it again. This is not really a problem because and I said, it happens time to time.

Reasons for switching to Document360

In the past we were writing our documentation with Help & Manual, but this was a different approach. More oriented to create documents (pdf or word) rather that a live web app. We decided to switch because also H&M was not bringing the desired support and when we had a problem we needed to figure it out by ourselves.

Cody

Great Knowledge base!

AMAZING! I love that everyone in our company can use it as a one stop shop.

Pros

Easy to use for both internal employees and external.

Cons

I dont have any cons at this time. Any time I have had an issue or a question document 360 team gets back to me ASAP.

Reasons for choosing Document360

It was the best option at the time.

barry

Good Product

Its been great Support is on 1 min away

Pros

Its Flexibility in designing online document portals The control around the portals And rapid support, with an online response in under 1min on average with someone who knows 99%.

Cons

The published navigation is split across left and right

Better, and easier control

Extremely User Friendly

Pros

The main reason I switched to Document 360 was because the KBS used previously was complicated and also outdated in comparison to what is available in the market these days. After shopping around a bit, I decided to go with Document 360 because its team went the extra mile, with regular and prompt check ins and patiently answered all my concerns due to the previous KBS experience. The transition was trouble free thanks to the team.. I have used the product for 6 months and counting.

Cons

It costs a bit more in comparison to the other products in the market.

Best in class Knowledge Management platform

I had a great experience with them at a previous company - so i recommended them when I moved to my current company. The strongest indicator of a great product is when your customers come back. I'm happy to recommend them to whomever asks for knowledge base software.

Pros

Knowledge Management is the new frontier for customer education and help desk deflection. Document 360 gives you a no/low code solution to quickly get a footing in the space so you can connect your customers with what they need. We use it for both external and internal knowledge management. Sophisticated permissions allow you to tailor views so individuals see what they need. Rich text editing allows you to produce beautiful articles with multimedia embedded (videos, animated GIFs etc) to engage your reader and hopefully keep their attention throughout the article. I also like how it automatically generates a table of contents to make navigation easy for readers.

Cons

Honestly, D360 is the best vendor I've found for knowledge base software. A lot of help desks have a super basic knowledge base incorporated (*cough, *cough, Zendesk *cough) but D360 runs circles around other platforms with their intuitive architecture and easy-to-use admin interface. Multilingual support....tech support chat....lots to love. They also let admins contribute ideas to their product roadmap - not that they all get chosen but it feels like they listen to their users when planning the future of the product.

Reasons for choosing Document360

A lot of the alternatives have UIs that make each article its own square or rectangle.....which may be fine if you have a couple of dozen pieces of content....but when you're managing hundreds or thousands of articles, having a clunky layout just means more scrolling for your users. D360 uses a familiar file tree structure. Easy to find what you need and get back to your work.

Swarna Surya

A one-stop shop for a customized knowledge base

To assist our partner organization, we create and compile a large number of evidence-based tools and materials. They were all saved in Google Docs and stored on Google Drive. We were able to gather together a big amount of information and documents in a very orderly manner thanks to Document 360. We wanted to make it easy for our partner staff to access relevant resources for a topic of interest, and Document360 enabled us in designing an organized and user-friendly resource library.

Pros

The Home Page Builder feature allows users to design a personalised home page that is quite useful for providing context about the knowledge base. An HTML code view option is available on every page, allowing for quick customization. Any HTML element, including its CSS and javascript capabilities, can be easily placed. The information can be accessed in multiple ways thanks to the Navigation panels, Menus, Related Articles, and Search bar. The 'Import' options make it simple to migrate existing content to this platform. The 'Templates, variables, and snippets' capabilities allow you to reuse content.

Cons

After experiencing the ease of formatting in google documents and google sheets, working with document 360 editor is very hard especially whenever a table or image is inserted. The Analytics part has a lot of useful information, but the date range for looking back in time is limited with the subscription you chose. We can't acquire usage data for a specific reader/end-user in a private knowledge base.

Michelle

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best Knowledge Base Product on the market - Hands down!!!!

We tested 7 different platforms and Document 360 was the clear winner. It offered free access for readers. There were no dubious clauses about character limits r page lengths. It was also able to do the extra things that we needed such as adding images to tables, embed Streams videos, scale images. the spelling feature is always active, and it is easy to justify images and text in tables (left, right, top, center and bottom.) We have been able to add bullet points, numbered lists and paragraphs in tables. These features may all seem obvious, but you will be surprised how many platforms can only do some parts of these tasks. Document 360 also set itself apart from the other competitors because it thinks about the knowledgebase management as well and they have not skimped (as many other products do) on these challenges. They have designed this platform to be easy to set up (without the need of expert coding expertise) and to manage teams, permissions, analytics and to communicate to authors and review content. It truly is the best product out in the market today for Knowledge Base creation and management.

Pros

Excellent customer service. Technicians are well informed. This product ticks so many boxes. Option to create webpage landing site for readers – Easily displays: most read pages, recently modified, new pages Page auditing: Including tagging, version history, comments, revisions, broken links, likes, dislikes (accessible to all authors with minimal fuss)Embedding Streams videos also works well. Document 360 links readers to content, authors to content, assets and analytics and allows for feedback between authors and readers. It is not just focused on one aspect of Knowledge Base design. It is a comprehensive and well thought through solution. Flexible, yet simple formatting style options All table flexibility that we may need Teams, Zendesk and Chatbot plug-in options Asset management area for images, videos (if we wanted), pdfs and PowerPoints – Storage cap in fees. (150GB or 300GB)

Cons

It will copy across legacy HTML (almost too accurately) so it is important to create a workflow to manage the migration of old content across if you are moving from a wiki platform (such as SharePoint) to this product. They do however have a team that can assist with the migration process and their customer service is world class. It would be nice if there could be some work done to allow some legacy html code to be automatically dropped during the migration process. It would be great if the Document 360 Search feature could extend across knowledge base version (as an additional filtering option). I believe this may be on their road map plans.

Reasons for choosing Document360

Document 360 offered the most comprehensive list of tools and flexibility that we needed but also offered many features that all these other companies did not offer (as mentioned above). Many of the products were either overpriced for what they offered and just lacked the depth and breadth of tools that Document 360 offered. Each contained significant gaps in their product in terms of image management, technical overheads. I would even say (from a personal point of view) that one or two of these products that we tested may have been released to market prematurely and need a lot of work to be done to them before they would be robust and stable enough for us to consider. More than one of these products had very concerning pricing clauses that caused us to dismiss them immediately. Document 360 has no hidden pricing clauses, no character limitations on pages, no costs per reader to view content and the product is solid. Some of these products lacked in asset management or transparent analytics too whilst others could not even add an image to a table or automatically rescaled images without any ability to control the image sizing. These products may be well suited for other firms, but they were just not a good fit for us based on the stability and versatility that we required.

Reasons for switching to Document360

SharePoint requires expertise in coding to not only manage a wiki database but even just to modify the appearance of pages. It was good at managing assets but the effort to create simple navigation trees required very time-consuming workarounds. Much of the aesthetic and workability customization that we required was not only expensive, but it requires an expert technician to modify and manage it.

Arjan

This solution was exactly what we needed to publish documentation to various reader groups

Overall experience has been very good. As described above, the interaction with the Support and Development teams has been outstanding.

Pros

Document360 is quite straight forward and quickly to grasp on one hand, while feature rich on the other. What I like most though is the deep level of interaction we've had as a customer with the Support and Development teams at Document360. We had specific requirements about publishing to specific user groups, which are now part of the standard product. Document360 has really enabled us to lift customer facing documentation off the ground quickly.

Cons

I find using the Markdown editor somewhat difficult sometimes and it doesn't allow for automated spell check in that mode. Very glad that a WYSIWYG editor has been implemented recently, which allows the browser spell checker to do its job. Adding this WYSIWYG editor is another proof point that Document360 is not only what it is today, but they're continuously enhancing and extending their product.

Reasons for choosing Document360

Document360 meets our needs of writing external facing documentation for various reader groups by providing a fairly straight forward, yet feature rich solution, including features for team authorizations, reader authorizations, versioning, attaching documents, hyperlinking, landing page, reader self-registration etc. All we need to be effective in and stay in control of publishing knowledge articles to our external clients.

Suzanne

Useful, easy to use, good value, friendly support

We have been able to update our Knowledgebase to provide better information to our customers, in a more attractive format, at a reasonable cost. We are very satisfied with their service.

Pros

We migrated from a legacy Knowledgebase platform that was old and out-of-date, and have been very pleased with our choice. The Document360 people have always been extremely helpful and friendly, and they respond quickly to support requests. The layout and features of the Knowledgebase are easy to understand and work with, and our customers are able to find information easily via search. Document360 regularly adds upgrades to its product while keeping prices very reasonable.

Cons

They have an open tracker for feature requests, and they are not very quick about responding to those.

Reasons for choosing Document360

It was easier to use, had more of the features that we wanted, and offered a more attractive price.

Reasons for switching to Document360

The old platform was no longer maintained and its interface was unattractive and difficult to use.

Yossi

Industry: Information Services

March 2022

Excellent Software, Great Value for Money, Superb Service

Document360 is a wonderful product that answers a need in the market. I used it at a previous job and brought it into this one. I would recommend it for most use-cases, especially for those who want a fully SaaS, no-install, fun authoring experience for serious writing teams.

Pros

Document360 is an excellent KB that includes a large number of features for a very reasonable price. New and updated features are rolled out all the time. We use it in our documentation team and everyone found it easy to learn and easy to use. You can author in Markdown or WYSIWYG - both of which are intuitive. There are a tonne of settings that you can configure to make your KB your own, or just roll with the defaults. The support team is extremely responsive and very knowledgeable. They are polite and easy to work with. It's actually a pleasure to interact with Document360 support because they're always willing to help and go the extra mile to solve your issues.

Cons

There's currently no support for Swagger/Open API files. This is in development and will be great when it rolls out. Also, there's no native support for Auth0.

Reasons for switching to Document360

Better features, lower price, better support, and the ability to grow with the company.

Cynthia

March 2022

The obvious choice for effortless knowledge base design and management

After extensive research for a knowledge base to support our software product, we unanimously landed on Document360. I spent over two months predominately testing Paligo, MadCap Flare, and Document360. Even though the learning curve isn't steep, the product is robust enough to cover more than just content design and management. The Document350 team tirelessly supports their product in a professional and friendly manner. They are always available to help with even the smallest issue.

Pros

These features are most impactful; 1. Ease of use; 2. Translation; 3. Workflows; 4. Version control; 5. Categorization; 6. Content reuse; 7. Help widget; 8. Technical support; 9. Cost; 10. File base management for PDFs, Word docs, video tutorials, etc. Also, seamless integration with our software.

Cons

We discovered an API security key issue with the Knowlege Base Assistant, but the issue we had is being resolved.

Reasons for choosing Document360

: 1. Ease of use; 2. Translation; 3. Workflows; 4. Version control; 5. Categorization; 6. Content reuse; 7. Help widget; 8. Technical support; 9. Cost; 10. File base management for PDFs, Word docs, video tutorials, etc.

Julian

Moving from the 1900s to 2022

We POCed a number of options and Document360 was by far the best. It is powerful with a multitude of useful features but still very easy to use and implement.

Pros

The product is very easy to use - within a few hours I had a demo site up and running. Support is excellent with fast response.

Cons

The article comments management is weak.

Reasons for choosing Document360

Document360 was more robust, flexible and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Document360

We needed a product that we could easily tailor to our exact needs (for example our domain name) that was designed as an external knowledge base.

Nevila

Great software for writing documentation

Documentation is very easily accessible to the readers and colleagues who are working on the documentation can collaborate all the time, before making it public.

Pros

User friendly software with a very nice article’s display including Table of Contents and Related Articles. I am happy with the team/customer service, they offer support and react very fast to my suggestions and requests which can be very easily documented in their support system. I am impressed by the frequent/monthly releases that include many new features, enhancements, and improvements.

Cons

So far I have no cons, before I had one but this is already fixed/enabled (I was not able to write in categories, they were considered as folders. Now I have the option to select the type for the category and page allows me to write content).

Reasons for choosing Document360

- The team was very friendly and took time to explain features and functionalities in details. - The product is very user friendly and very fast we could get familiar to it. - Most of the features we were looking for were included in the product.

Reasons for switching to Document360

This tool can be very easily integrated to other Softwares, so readers can use the shortcut to access documentation from the software.

Julie

Document360 is a Rocket Ship

We came from an archaic version of a desktop Help system to Document360. Getting the new articles and/or article updates to the live website was (to be polite) horrendous and caused plenty of delays in getting crucial information available to our clients. And we were maintaining three separate Help sites/versions! With Document360 the delays are gone. We can have all three separate Help sites combined into one project. Updating an article for something simple like additional words or correcting punctuation used to take 24+ hours. That now takes minutes - quite literally minutes from request to fix to publishing the fix. Document360 is a rocket ship! The onboarding, migration, and support team are stellar!

Pros

Ease of getting up-to-date information to clients. Slick, modern design with print, PDF, and dark view options. Analytics - which we never had before. Multiple authors working in a single database.

Cons

Wish they had a US-based support team, but this is a minor issue because everyone I've worked with thus far has been fantastic.

User-friendly, features, security

Reasons for switching to Document360

Getting the new articles and/or article updates to the live website caused delays in getting crucial information available to our clients.

Elsa

May 2022

Easy to use, yet powerful, and the readers love it!

I enjoy creating documentation with Document360. Even more so, I enjoy to see how the readers enjoy using it - we have had so my compliments from readers, since we started using Document360!

Pros

Document360 is very easy to use - the editing options are easy, yet very powerful (think clever tables, video embedding, etc.). I love the fact that you can import word documents and that it can automatically split it up into smaller articles. It is also fantastic that we can have multiple KB versions (to align with all our software versions). The organization of the articles is also really important for us and it is much better than most other products that we evaluated: With document360 you can create structures and go very deep in terms of layers. The readers are, in turn, especially happy with the search functionality, as well as the automatically generated table of content, which tracks where in the article you are.

Cons

Although SSO is possible, it cannot be implemented for multiple domains. This is something we still miss.

Business Saving Product

Doc360 has been a pivotal product to our business success. The layout, functionality, and features, provides unparalleled efficiency in workflow and training for us. It has made sharing documents, manuals, and content easy and accessible.

Pros

The best thing about this software is how easy it is to use and deploy. From a user and administrator perspective. The easiest way to describe it is that it just works and it works the way you want it to. Everything is so obvious and functional.

Cons

Doc360 could use a native mobile app to help with the deployment of time-sensitive and impactful information that could help speed up the deployment of business-critical information.

Reasons for switching to Document360

That old system we used was just a giant dump of data and information with no cohesive way of organizing.

Nibu

Simplicity - they name is Document 360!

It's been great dealing with the team. They helped us migrate our content and get started with using the product.

Pros

Their User interface is pretty Intuitive. Most people just know what to do where - without the need for training, etc. It also offers an easy to configure and minimalistic landing page.

Cons

No single sourcing and content reuse. Hopefully round the corner.

Reasons for choosing Document360

The team was responsive. Support has been more or less very helpful. Showed us that most functionality was in the process of being added. Migration help was a big deal Needed both a publishing and authoring platform - that's where Paligo lost out. Lots of small thoughtful features that impressed us - like you can compare version history even in the code view. An integration with Zendesk where our support agents can quickly look at what help is available and send it out to customers. They also have a transparent development process where users can vote on features that matter to them.

Reasons for switching to Document360

Confluence was getting difficult to maintain because of constant bugs and updates. Also support was non-existant.