Outplay

Outplay Reviews

4.8

4.8

• icon"The platform is user friendly and the customer support team is attentive and solution oriented. Since implementation of Outplay we have had an influx of meetings as an organization."
  • icon"It has the same functionality as the other marketing automation tools - Email, LinkedIn, Text, Voicemail drops... and works as advertised - which is a beautiful thing."
  • icon"Makes automating outreach easy through their different media (email, text, phone, etc. A great program that gets better and better as they constantly add and improve the functionality."
  • icon"Feel like the calls get blocked or go to spam."
  • icon"The triggers and sequences are kept in a strange place and are not easily tested. Additionally, I had some trouble with parts of the pipedrive integration."
  • icon"The learning curve when setting up the software was a bit tricky."

Browse all Outplay Reviews

• Have you used Outplay and would like to share your experience with others?

Christopher

Changing the Outreach Software Game

They have amazing support and are growing the product every day. I love how easy it is to engage with. I'm now able to connect with exponentially more prospects across all platforms than I was before.

Pros

My favorite part about outplay has to be in how it presents tasks that are due within their sequences. It allows you to send out tons of pre-made and customized templates very quickly and easily. Best part of all? Everything gets recorded to Pipedrive using Outplay's native integration. This allows for a high level view of what's going on in all my deals, while keeping contact data siloed between sales reps.

Cons

The learning curve when setting up the software was a bit tricky. The triggers and sequences are kept in a strange place and are not easily tested. Additionally, I had some trouble with parts of the pipedrive integration. All of this was not more than a minor inconvenience.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Better pricing, easier to use, better UI

Reasons for switching to Outplay

Pipedrive's outreach tools are much more limited and inconvenient to use. They also do not allow for outreach on platforms outside email, SMS, and calling.

Kieron

Powerful tool with all the features I need, backed by a team who actually cares

Outplay brings it all together is a cohesive kind of way so I never end up with silos of data and I can be confident about which communications any given prospect has received... and what should happen next.

Pros

Believe me, I have tried a LOT of outreach platforms over the years. The one I was using stopped servicing clients in Australia. And everything else fell short. That is until I found Outplay, which gave me everything I needed at a significantly lower price tag. Multi-channel sequences - my process intertwines LinkedIn, email, calling and miscellaneous tasks (e.g. direct mail, video, etc.). Most platforms ONLY focus on email. Or if they do have other task types, they are too restrictive around how they can be used. Outplay is extremely flexible in this respect. It amazes how few platforms have functionality to make bulk updates/edits/exports. Outplay makes this simple. Bulk updates are easy, tags make managing everything simple, and the import/export functionality means you can update CSVs rather than trying to do complex manipulation in the platform. Outplay never feels overly restrictive. I'm able to setup all the personalisation, custom fields, integration, domain setup, etc. that I need to run a powerful, sustainable and successful campaign without silly hacks or workarounds that I would otherwise need to get in place on other platforms.

Cons

When I think about how much time and money I've spent researching a platform that is actually a good fit for me, honestly, I'd be splitting hairs to find things I dislike about the platform.

Reasons for switching to Outplay

Outreach stopped servicing Australia. Outplay is better for a fraction of the cost.

July 2022

Essential & great-value tool for outbound prospecting

Pros

The Onboarding and Account Management is really hands-on without charging extra for their time or effort. It is really reassuring to know if there is an issue you will not be lumped with a big bill at the end, to have it resolved. Also out-of-the-box integration with Salesforce was easy to set-up, intuitive to use.

Cons

This might apply to all software of this nature, but with the email trackings, it will pop-up as an 'open' email in the activity tracker if you were to open the email message yourself.

Pratiksha

March 2022

CompIndia Review on Outplay

Pros

We have been using tools like Outreach, Reply.io, and a few other tools for sales outreach. We then purchased OutplayHQ. We couldn’t have been happier. Their support team is so awesome that it’s superior to some of the enterprise software products we purchased for more than $30K to $50K per year. They’re super helpful, and will even go out of their call of duty to make sure you’re super successful. They have also been continuously improving their product. In the last 2 years since I started using their product, they have added dozens of new features, and several integrations. For instance, we use Hubspot for marketing automation. It integrates seamlessly with Hubspot, and keep things sync’ed well. Overall, I would give them a A+, and I wish I could rate them higher. Keep up the good work, Outplay team.

Cons

Nothing really. If I must pick one, I wish they allowed more email addresses for each user's account.

Shresth

April 2022

Outplay review

I use Outplay for Outbound Sales. I recently switched from Apollo.io. My initial impression is an unfavorable one. I've found it difficult to prospect and add leads onto Outplay.

Pros

It provides sufficient analytics that allow you track your sales performance. The tasks dashboard allows you to understand how prospects are engaging with your emails in real-time.

Cons

I'm still a new user but here are some of the things I dislike about Outplay Lack of integration with Sales Nav - having to import prospects into Outplay with an Excel sheet is extremely frustrating. Software is clunky (sometimes) - I've had to wait for longer than usual for screens to load.

Apollo offered a lack of Sales Analytics

Nick

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great prgram/Great support

Great.

Pros

Cons

No real negatives. I would recommend that anyone using the program take the time and have the focus to learn the features and understand the program. Like any other feature-laden product, it may appear a little intimidating, depending on your experience. Once you get into it, it is not complicated at all. Support is very responsive and patient

More features

McKay

April 2022

Outplay has doubled our revenue -

We have purchased 2 additional seats for my teammates. This software works. We've used it for over a year now - every. single. day.

Pros

I like that we are able to set up a sequence using not only emails, but also include inMails, General Tasks, Phone Calls, Texts - it's all there.

Cons

While their platform is accessible via a web browser on a mobile, they don't have a mobile app.

Clayton

December 2021

Could not ask for more in a product!

Solid and reliable platform, amazing client support (luv is number 1).

Pros

Solid sales enablement platform for organizing touch points and outreach. Extensive list of features, more than most would even use. Great salesforce integration, unique time-saving sync method. Dialer and call recording system is solid and great for managing teams. Great job taking feature requests/ feedback and implementing those ideas.

Cons

The reports/ data section does provide mostly all the insights one needs but lacking in some areas to really refine the sequences, messaging and approach.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Price, positive sales rep experience, direct client management.

Reasons for switching to Outplay

comparing price, user experience, and available support were main factors in switching.

Excellent for Marketing Automation

Exceptional and would highly recommend them.

Pros

It has the same functionality as the other marketing automation tools - Email, LinkedIn, Text, Voicemail drops... and works as advertised - which is a beautiful thing. The support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team @ Outplay is exceptional. Most of the issues I've had are self-inflicted, and when there is something else, the attention from the staff is timely and heads and tails above other companies I've work with. They do not pass you from one support tech to another.

Cons

The voicemail drop works and there is room for improvement.

Reasons for switching to Outplay

You get passed from one support tech to another with no one taking ownership for the problem. I stopped using it with 6 months left on the agreement due to the frustration of getting it to work with their customer support team. It also takes a bit to get it up an running, especially if you have not used marketing automation software.

Ela

December 2021

Amazing sales automation tool!

Pros

Outplay is a fantastic sales automation tool. It has allowed us to promptly follow up on tasks with the additional automation aspect, making it much easier and faster. This platform has so many great features that we can tailor to whatever is needed, like building our sequences, triggers and it is allowing us to monitor most essential signals like clicks, opens, website visits, which is great for reporting. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], Outplay's [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is a great support and makes it a priority to resolve all of our questions promptly. I can happily recommend him and Outplay to any company looking for a reputable sales engagement platform.

Cons

I'd like to see some more interactive features in email templates, like inserting polls. Also would be good to be able to track when a prospect has been added to the sequence, with an exact day and month.

Love Outplay!

Great service and support

Pros

We love outplay for our outbound marketing -- seamless sync with Salesforce and prospecting tools.

Cons

Seamless sync with Salesforce and prospecting tools -- and Zapier.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

We got to test it through AppSumo -- really liked how simple it was

More features we needed

Suraj

Nothing slips through the cracks - Simple and efficient

Amazing experience. Especially the TAT w.r.t customer support.

Pros

1. Ease of use that helps in easy training of SDRs 2. Ease of implementation 3. Scalability 4. Amazing customer support

Cons

1. Data download and API can be better - Will help with better campaign analytics outside Outplay as reporting within Outplay is pretty basic.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Price and Inter sequence movement of prospects using Triggers.

Reasons for switching to Outplay

For the reasons mentioned in the pros

Apoorv

Absolutely delightful software

Excellent. Recommend it to everyone

Pros

The design of the software is incredibly user-friendly. I feel like I've been using this software forever

Cons

The recurring billing had some issues, but that might have to do with our RBI regulations (India specific)

Great!

Pros

That I can track any e-mails, easy for new employees that are using this software, great costumer services

Cons

So far nothing, but if anything comes up, I will talk with costumer services.

May 2022

Outplay is a good sales enablement tool if you are starting out

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to create templates

Cons

I wish there were options for personalizing emails within a sequence

Katharina

February 2022

Outstanding Support

Pros

The support they provide and the ease of use. And the whitepeper/content they provide.

Cons

Easy to use in general. Maybe in the beginning i was not seeing the auto email/manual email setting in a sequence, and i did not pay attention.

Sadya

Pros

The cadences are extremely helpful and have saved the team countless hours of manual work.

Cons

Lacking some features that would be helpful as the team grows

PAUL

Great Value with Great support

Needed a way to organize my tasks to contact prospects multiple times

Pros

The product is fairly easy to use once you learn it. They have excellent support that helps answer your questions. They developed an integration with my Applicant Tracking system (CRM) - Crelate that works fairly well and is used to automate and orient the tasks necessary to contact prospects.

Cons

there is a bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Cheaper and they had a great zapier interface that really opened up the product for me to integrate with other systems

Thomas

August 2022

So happy I found Outplay

Overall my experience as an admin has been great. It's simple to set up and it took less than a day to get everything deployed. I know that our Sales team enjoys using it as well. I'd recommend this to anybody.

Pros

Outplay is a fully featured Sales enablement and marketing platform and after searching for something for so long, I'm very happy that I found it. Currently we're using it to organize new sales leads and areach out to them with custom sequences. Additionally, their built-in dialer and local presence features make phone call outreach simple. If you're looking to a cheaper alternative to something like HubSpot, I can't recommend Outplay enough. Also their customer service is worldclass.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints with Outplay. It's been a great experience using this platform.

Reasons for switching to Outplay

Price. We managed to get an incredible AppSumo deal for Outplay.

Alex

Clean, Modern, and Super Flexible

Pros

Outplay is seriously malleable and has a ton of convenient features we never got with other sales engagement platforms. Never thought I'd want to switch to another platform but once we got rolling with Outplay it was a breeze. Killer CS team and always quick to answer questions.

Cons

Like any platform, transitioning is a pain in the butt but the team at Outplay made it as smooth as possible.

Sam

Watch out Salesloft & Outreach

Brilliant!

Pros

So easy to use and get set up. All backed up by amazing Customer Support.....they actually care compared to certain other players in the market.

Cons

Really mini complaint is the fact you can't set a default text size and font, so it matches the style you have on your outbound gmail messages and replies. Have to switch it each time.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Price and customer support.

Anupreet

Brilliant tool, with amazing customer service

Our SDRs cannot do without it, its an essential tool in our sales armoury.

Pros

Ease of use (UI/ UX) Customer support Features and integrations

Cons

Nothing really- no cons, does the job well.

Reasons for choosing Outplay

Better customer service commitment.

Bart

Outplay’s business contribution

Excellent.

Pros

Information it supplies. Tracking of data.

Cons

Needs to improve the sequence process. The creation of customizable sequences is time consuming.

Price and tools.

Nick

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I keep Outplaying

Outplay helps automate follow-ups, reminders and making sure you call the right people at the right time. This has helped up our meeting rate significantly as you're always on top of everything and never forget to do that call or send that one email.

Pros

Outplay is super easy to use and very well integrated with different CRMs. Using Outplay helps me and my team save a bunch of time and it's very effective. Also the Outplay support team is wonderful - they help out with everything, getting on a call is no issue at all and that's pretty rare these days.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be a little better but it certainly does its job and gives good insights into the most important things. I can only imagine more functionality will be added over time.

Dione

Industry: Animation

Great for prospecting

If it weren't for [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I would be lost. Now I really like Outplay and I have used Outreach before. I did not buy Outplay so I can't speak to cost and value. I am looking forward to the updates that are coming. I really like the tool for prospecting and for keeping on track with my prospecting sales activities. I would recommend Outplay.

Pros

It's very similar to Outreach. It is great for prospecting. It is not overly easy to master but our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has always been available to answer my questions and help me learn the software. Great for cold-calling. Great for keeping on track of prospecting sequences.

Cons

You cannot search or bulk edit by ANY field like salesforce or Outreach for example, you cannot ask Outplay "show me all contacts who are in Central time zone". Or "show me all the contacts who have X area codes. You also are limited on views. You cannot modify the views of what you want to see. I have been told this is on the roadmap. It would be nice if there was a service for cold-calling that changed your area code to the same area code as the person you are calling.