All Hootsuite Reviews

Sean

Real Estate, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Colleen

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Hootsuite is the top software for handling many social media accounts.

In overall, it's the best tool to use if you need to manage many social media accounts at once, particularly on Twitter and Facebook.

PROS

Hootsuite is simple to operate; I really like that all the platforms I use can be shown on a single page, and the publisher screen makes it simple to see at a glance precisely what you're posting on each day across all of your accounts. You can just drag and drop to rearrange your articles, and adding images is just as simple. It couldn't be much better.

CONS

I can't think of a single drawback to this system. Very user-friendly, it rarely experiences outages. You may relax knowing that the program will automatically publish your posts once you've entered them. In two years of use, I have never once seen a bug in this program.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

because Hootsuite is a fantastic app to use for making and scheduling social network postings. The calendar function aids my organization and provides a bird's-eye perspective of the activity across all my primary social media platforms.

Arzu

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

PROS

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

CONS

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

To manage multiple social media accounts from a single platform

Steve

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Used To Be Great...

PROS

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section. I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

CONS

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome. 2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts. 3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later. 4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite. 5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Hanane

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

The best option

The application is more than wonderful .It's one of the best experiences I've ever had and it's still

PROS

It is easy to use and offers users a set of options for using external applications in addition to purely settings

CONS

One of its services does not have the phone support feature

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

An application that helps manage accounts on social networking sites

Amit

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Hootsuite - My Review as a SMM

I think it has been an important tool for us to schedule our content and understand how they are performing. It's annual report (a sum of all SM platforms performance) is absolutely amazing. A touch pricey, but highly recommended.

PROS

The ease of use. Very nice userflow. Impressive Dashboards. Easy to schedule and manage your content. Very nice analytics report. Their free educational resources are very helpful as well!

CONS

It is expensive. Also, one needs to reconnect the SM accounts as it tends to disconnect every now and then. Can't tag Instagram accounts while scheduling.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

More features, for sure. Goes beyond Instagram and Facebook. Their analytics and performance reports are amazing.

Shaheer

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

It's Easy and Good

As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

PROS

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

CONS

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

If you're on the go, a social media management app such as Hootsuite can be an invaluable tool. This program can centralize your social media profiles and messages so you can manage them all in one place. You can reply to messages, see analytics, and collaborate with team members without leaving the app. Hootsuite also lets you view multiple social networks at once and schedule posts to each.

Nicolas

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2022

A great tool dedicated to big organizations.

I love hootsuite. Well accompanied by the teams, we set up very good processes that allowed the company to gain efficiency, productivity and therefore profitability on the issue of social media management.

PROS

The monitoring and programming features are the most and developed. There are many small details such as the ability to edit an image during publication. Governance with many employees is also very effective.

CONS

The analytics features are quite complicated to set up, and lack efficiency compared to competitors. The data are sometimes very different from those displayed natively on social platforms

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Affinity with teams, monitoring functionality and ability to manage many users

qasm

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Review an app Hootsuite

I love this application and I love to use it

PROS

A great application for fast marketing and does not need a lot of Internet

CONS

I think it needs a slight adjustment in customer service

Thomas

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Simple Setup but still Feature Rich

PROS

The ease of use is a massive plus for Hootsuite, both in analytics report generation (customized reports too!) and in multi-account management and scheduling. It's by far the most intuitive program I have used across this toolset.

CONS

The ease of batch re-scheduling a post across multiple platforms leaves a lot to be desired, but that is primarily the only pain point I have experienced with Hootsuite.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Crowdfire was not fitting the needs of our company and couldn't offer the feature set that we were looking for, at least not intuitively.

Kenzi

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Posting the strategy

PROS

Hootsuite is a great platform for social media campaigns.

CONS

Make easy my job for integrate all my social media accounts, that’s allowed me to had complete control

Linda

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

saves alot of time

This has freed up alot of my time outside of business hours

PROS

easy to use you can download app to your phone

CONS

I dislike having to come up with wording but now i can use ai

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Manage ypursocial media in one place great

PROS

You can manage and program the post for the wholr month so ots comsistence.

CONS

It could integrate more socialmedia platforms.

Thomas

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

PROS

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

CONS

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Alberto

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

PROS

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

CONS

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.

Samiran

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Effortlessly Manage Multiple Social Media Channels with Hootsuite

All officers and staff including me have found Hootsuite to be a useful tool for managing social media accounts and streamlining their social media management tasks. They appreciate the ability to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and the ability to schedule posts in advance. The collaboration features have also been helpful, allowing multiple team members to work on social media management tasks together. However, some project officers have noted that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Hootsuite and that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller organizations or individuals.

PROS

I mostly like the range of analytics tools and and the support of wide range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and more in a single nutshell.

CONS

The price for the business is a little on a high note.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite offers more robust social media management features, such as team collaboration and social listening, making it a better choice for larger businesses or agencies.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We need more advanced social media management features, such as team collaboration, social listening, and analytics.

Erin

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Not worth the money for my particular application

Under-utilized because the tools on Meta and LinkedIn are easier for me to use. Found customer service to be inflexible. I liked having the free account(s), but those are gone now. Just too expensive for my level of business.

PROS

I can schedule out social media for different clients (but only up to 10 SM accounts)

CONS

Awkward to use, I like using FB Meta and LinkedIn scheduling better. Seems like I'm always getting SM accounts disconnected and I find out later that my scheduled posts never posted. I don't see any email correspondence or IMs or anything to alert me of this. I find out by accident. Customer Service. Hootsuite is not meeting my needs and I am underutilizing it as such. I asked for a partial refund and they refused. It's a lot of money for something I can't utilize easily. It's a lot of money for just 10 SM accounts. I think that this platform is intended for deep-pocketed larger organizations with Social Marketing teams/depts. than for small business. There is no opt-out for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

They offered an introductory price for one year that was inexpensive enough for me to give it a try. But I will not be renewing because the price will go up 10x more.

Sheila

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Makes life so much easier

I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

PROS

I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

CONS

It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Mainly because it was free and that allowed me to test the waters. Then I went to the paid-for version.

Darren