Swell Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Swell is overall super easy to use, especially with their new app. When we first opened the salon we had multiple fully booked stylists, and it made it seamless getting in contact with all the guests."
  • icon"It has helped us get reviews from our patients with the ease of sending a great looking link. I also love that patients can message us from the site."
  • icon"I really enjoy that fact that its super easy to get started."
  • icon"Everytime patient comes in he/she gets a reminder to review. Im sure those that dont wont to review may find it annoying."
  • icon"If there is to be a bad review, it doesn't get weeded out before it gets posted for all to see."
  • icon"There is a slight delay and it appears to not be in real-time."

Have you used Swell and would like to share your experience with others?

All Swell Reviews

Mallory

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Swell CX is all about enabling businesses to engage w/ customers in an easier, more meaningful way.

Swell CX gives you the tools to better manage your customer experience and more meaningfully interact with your consumers. That's a powerful benefit, and one that will help you achieve greater success in your business.

Pros

Swell CX does a lot of cool things, but it's most valuable feature is perhaps its ability to create two-fold awareness for its users. What I mean by that, is that Swell CX helps businesses understand their customers, while also helping them gain exposure to new customers. The software does this in two major ways: first, by gathering ALL of your business' customer reviews, and displaying them all in one place; and second, by offering your business a means to interact w/ customers in a fully customizable way. This means you can engage w/ your customers exactly how YOU want to, and that your business' Google reviews, Yelp reviews, Facebook reviews, even those provided exclusively to Swell, are organized, analyzed, and displayed in one simple dashboard. This gives business owners incredible insight into customer experience, and a better way to interact w/ their consumer. Here are some cool things Swell CX offers: - easy to use, intuitive software - useful review & reviewer metrics - access to all public reviews and all private Swell reviews - integration w/ powerful review sites like Google & Facebook - a dashboard that displays all of your business' reviews - customizable email & sms campaigns - campaign metrics - ability to manage multiple locations Ultimately, Swell CX helps you better understand your customers which helps you better understand your business. With Swell, you have more control over customer engagement and perception. Plus, it's easy!

Cons

There are a lot of tools built into this software, and I want for them ALL to be used! My only fear is that businesses won't utilize the software to its full potential.

Nicole

BirdEye was good; Swell is GREAT!

I’m writing this review because I have been very happy with Swell in our first 3 months of use. The software has exceeded my expectations! I have also been absolutely thrilled with Swell’s customer service. I always get an answer or solution within the day of my inquiry. Fantastic!

Pros

Swell is very easy to implement, and the dashboard is intuitive and user-friendly. My favorite Swell feature is one I thought might be a negative: customers leave a review after only one click. Why would a one-click system be a negative? We previously used BirdEye and were very happy with them. Unfortunately, a programming glitch did not allow our practice management software to function with BirdEye on our server, so we had to part ways. But one BirdEye feature I really appreciated was a system to help guide unhappy customers to contact us directly instead of leaving a poor review on Google or Facebook. As a marketer, I try to avoid negative reviews like the plague! What I didn’t realize was that BirdEye’s “safety valve” involved extra screens for even the most enthusiastic customer to click through. When we switched to Swell, our sales representative convinced me that, based on our practice’s outstanding history of 5-star reviews, we likely didn’t need that safety net. Additionally, he was certain the one-click-to-leave-a-review system would lead to more customers leaving reviews. He was absolutely correct! We averaged 1-2 reviews a week with BirdEye, but have already had several days in which we received 5-7 reviews per day(!!) with Swell!

Cons

The two details I have asked Swell to address are: - A small review counting badge that we can install in the header of our website (they are working on it). - For our replies to reviews to be visible in the Swell review scroll that we have on our website. Again, I hear the technical wizards at Swell are working to fulfill this request.

Reasons for switching to Swell

As previously stated, a software compatibility issue between BirdEye and our practice management system required us to part ways. I was very sorry to leave BirdEye, but what a blessing in disguise! We have captured FAR more reviews with Swell than we ever did with BirdEye.

Steven

May 2022

After Using For Months, We Are Switching Off of Swell

Negative experience overall. They stopped letting us send out reviews, and reviews that were "sent" weren't being counted accurately so I couldn't track my employees correctly. We definitely got more reviews, but for the cost we expected to be able to use the API to integrate and automate the reviews but that didn't happen because the API is the worst we've seen.

Pros

The ease of sending a text message out to customers and having them review in 1 tap is great.

Cons

I feel like we were lied to during the sales process. The API is absolute garbage compared to other software and the salesman said we'd be able to use it to do whatever we needed to in our in-house software based on Quickbase. That was a lie and the API is a mess to even sift through. Don't advertise use of an API when the API is worthless.

Price for feature set.

Rhonda

September 2022

Great Service!

My Dr and myself like this system very much. They post things to our Google so we do not have to do that ourselves or hire another company to do so.

Pros

It gives us reviews quickly and sends out a link to the patients right after their appointment while it is fresh in their mind.

Cons

I really do not have any Cons, we like this service and plan to stay with them for a long time to come.

Reasons for choosing Swell

They are the whole deal and make sure your reviews get out there in a timely manner.

Response from Swell CX

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this great review, Rhonda! We're so glad your Swell texts have been helping you earn Google reviews.

Replied September 2022

Joel

February 2022

Not bad for the money, not amazing though.

My experience has been okay, but not amazing. Not the best, certainly not the worst. It's a solid ok.

Pros

The interface is easy to use. It's clean and easy to understand.

Cons

We were sold on an integration with our current CRM. Swell has not been able to deliver on that promise. I don't feel like they have a lot of support to troubleshoot these issues.

Reasons for choosing Swell

Price and features. Integration with our CRM, which is clunky at best.

Reasons for switching to Swell

We made the switch because Podium didn't deliver on certain promises.

Chelly

Best Platform to receive 5 Star Google Reviews

My overall experience has been great from the start. Customer Service is always there to help you.

Pros

I love that it is able to reach out to all of our patients regardless of their cellphone provider. We have had almost 20 reviews in the first week that we start with Swell! I would highly recommend if you're seeking to increase your customer/patient base.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that I don't like it about it at this point. It is an overall great software.

Reasons for switching to Swell

Because Yapi could not support all cellphone providers.

Jeffrey

February 2022

Huge Increase in Client Reviews! Game changer!

Very good overall.

Pros

Very easy set up, and was seemlessly integrated into our Client Relationship Management Software. We are now getting consistent reviews every month!

Cons

$2,400 a year seems a bit steep for what it is.

Reasons for choosing Swell

The service worked, and the price was reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Swell

I was trying Podium on a month to month, and also had tried Swell. Swell seemed to work better because of the two step process in getting reviews.

Seberina

May 2022

Pros

It has helped us increase our reviews substantially.

Cons

Sometimes the reviews on google don't match up with the number of reviews on Swell. That's the only issue we've had.

Reasons for switching to Swell

SolutionReach sent requests but didn't specifically send patients directly to Google which is the platform we were seeking for our reviews. We would get them on their microsite or on FB which was fine but not the result we were looking for.

Brad

Happy Customer

Pros

Swell is easy for our team to use and we love how easy it is for our customers to submit reviews.

Cons

We have not had any concerns with the software.

Reasons for switching to Swell

Swell was included when we signed up with Modento.

Bill

February 2022

Keeping the customer up to date is vital in this market.

Any minor problems were solved by [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

In these times of high inflation it is imperative that the customer knows as soon as possible any changes to their account. Prior to Swell we sent out 100 plus letters alerting customers about price increases coming down the line. This took a great amount of time. With Swell we wrote one text and sent it to everyone. So Great! This alone makes Swell worth more than I can explain. Also I needed some help learning how to do this. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]from Swell could not have been more helpful. He and all the people at Swell are wonderful.

Cons

I really have no dislikes about the software.

See above

Reasons for switching to Swell

First was price. Then I found Swell to be much more helpful and customer friendly.

Steve

Swell for Tourism Review Collection

Pretty happy overall. Have had some challenges on the api side of things and making it work with Zapier and some of our outside platforms. They have made and pushed changes without notification causing breakage on the review side. Overall I am happy though as when its working its good.

Pros

Works really well for collection reviews for our clients

Cons

Some API hiccups and integration hiccups. Seems like its still in its infancy on the API side

Reasons for choosing Swell

Happy with the pricing and the offering

Pricing and Features. Customer Engagement side of the platform

Brandon

Awesome and Easy Service!

Sell CX has completely automated our review requesting process. We are finally obtained amazing 5 star reviews on Google thanks to Swell's easy to use interface and well formatted text messages and graphics.

Pros

I love that this software is completely automated. Myself and my staff do not have to spend literally any time to solicit reviews from our patients.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

Reasons for switching to Swell

Lighthouse's review request process was convoluted and not well received by patients. Also it funneled them to an internal microsite.

Talar

Game Changer

Excellent customer support and software has worked without any problems.

Pros

Ease of use and immediate results. Customer support is very helpful and want you to succeed.

Cons

I wish there was a phone app for it but it seems it is in the works!

Reasons for choosing Swell

I liked how it integrated into my current software

Reasons for switching to Swell

Was unhappy with their system on getting reviews. Also most reviews went to their site vs popular review sites. You had to pay extra to have full control of where you want your reviews to go. For a lesser price I was able to get this feature and more with Swell CX

Lilly

We love Swell!

Swell team made all the on-boarding process so smooth and painless. Once we went live with Swell our reviews were non-stop!

Pros

Results! We have results!!! Any other product we demo'd was not able to show facts, and prove how they product helped that other practice to achieve their goal.

Cons

Nothing! We love it! We love every aspect of Swell. It takes asking for reviews and following up completely off your plate. You and your team can focus on providing a great patient experience, and Swell will do the rest.

Proven results.

We did not see results.

Tyler

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

April 2022

Great Product and Customer Service!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Swell was immensely helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went over and beyond. He answered all of my questions real time. Then he dove right in and helped create a