Browse Userbrain Reviews

Joshua from Convrtx

Best in industry for easy user testing

From start to finish it’s been absolutely phenomenal

Pros

I really do enjoy how easy it is to utilize this software, not only is it simple but extremely easy to learn in very straightforward. Getting responses from people, normally happens in a mereGetting responses from people few hours after submitting a project for review. Great platform!

Cons

I think it lacks with the mobile interface and just use ability on there when you’re on the go!

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Just because from how it seemed user brain looks so easy to use

Tuba from Memrise Ltd

Userbrain is great even if you are a small startup

I was not expecting it to be performing that well, to be honest. I am giving a 9 star out of 10, just because I could not see the prototype in the background when I am reviewing the test and also I cannot introduce the tasks to the user step by step.

Pros

First of all I had to select software that could meet our financial requirements, something not costly, which has a pay as you go model or a monthly subscription, rather than a big annual plan which can be quite a problem with small startups. we had trialled some other software, some famous ones, but the annual plans and the lack of pay as you go model was the problem. I purchased some credits and started testing! The second thing I really liked is the rapid help. With the first video, the prototype did not work and the customer support replied my questions right away. Wasn't really expecting that! Thirdly, the test works well. The users were really clear, and speaking their minds. No problem with that part at all! I can easily share the video with my designers, and take notes. As we are trying to move away from in office testing, I guess this software will be solving that problem easily.

Cons

If only I could see the prototype in the background that would be great. Also, I am sure this is in their roadmap, but can we show the tasks step by step?

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Due to the finances, userbrain has the pay as you go and the monthly subscription. Also, I can test with my own users :)

Reasons for Switching to Userbrain

Because they did not have the pay as you go model and monthly subscription. They require a big commitment.

Clare from Plum Guide

A good idea but need further refinement and improvement

Great support and refunds for voided or valueless users. Excellent response rate.

Pros

Rapidity of responses. Easy to start a test and set it up,

Cons

HALF OF TEST FEEDBACK IS USER READING THE TASK and buggering around with their computer or lack of IT skills eg to click on images to enlarge. Some users just don't actually say much they just read it all out again. Some suers do desktop tests on mobile. This must be prevented. English users tending to be more articulate than US. Lack of demographic section eg income, location in more depth. User background and preferences eg Android or iOS etc. Make sure purchase journey is simpler and easier. To be valid we need a minimum of 5-6 so use that methodological basis for pricing and bundling,

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

cheaper. More flexible liecenses.

Katie from KDKAZ Design

Cheap, quick and easy

You get what you pay for. It's not nearly as robust or polished as other user testing platforms, but for some quick results for smaller companies or startups, it's the perfect fit.

Pros

The platform is lightweight enough to be fast and intuitive, but robust enough to allow for diversity of use cases and testing needs.

Cons

The payment and subscription models are not always easy to understand. I've had a number of bad testers, but thankfully they have been reimbursed by customer support.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Userbrain offers recorded video sessions, which wasn't offered by UsabilityHub. I had used UserTesting in the past, but it is far to expensive for my and my clients' needs.

Kalki from OBLIGO

Guided User Tests

Pros

I love how lightweight getting a user test launched feels and how quickly I get responses. Its great value.

Cons

Customer service team is not very responsive, but I guess you get what you pay for... its not really a problem since the service is so inexpensive.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

It was more light weight and flexible.

Reasons for Switching to Userbrain

Made the switch for cost reasons and the flexibility of not having to buy into an annual contract.

Sydney from GlynnDevins

Just What a UXer Needs

This has be wonderful overall. It have given a great opportunity to reach out to our target market!

Pros

For a company just getting into user feedback for the first time it was very smooth to use. Also just wonderful that you pay per use instead of a monthly subscription. We were not sure how much we would use it at first. It has a very short turn around time which is great when we choose to use it last minute.

Cons

My notes and tags would be great if I could time stamp them for others to jump to the section of the video for that note.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Very flexibly and great for our budget and offered just what we needed with voice and video recording while the user walks through the prototype.

Matt from We are smile

A great product that needs a little polishing round the edges

Overall I think user brain is great and I would definitely consider using it again. I’m reluctant to take out a subscription just yet as I think it needs a little polishing round the edges but it is not far off at all. It’s also worth noting that one of the biggest things it holds over its competitors is the ability to carry over tests into the next month

Pros

The admin pages are great. It’s relatively easy to keep a track of live tests. And super easy to edit live tests. The team are definitely worth a mention too

Cons

I had some issues with testers but I imagine that’s out of their hands to a large extent.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Best value for money and features

Reasons for Switching to Userbrain

Trymyui was too expensive and wanted to put up prices further

Anna from Opinary

Great product with field to improve

I wasn;t a big fan of unmoderated testing before trying Userbrain. Now, ww have our regular testing done this way.

Pros

- Easy recruitment of testers - Easy set up of the test - drag & drop of questions - Very accessible customer support & quick resolution if there's a problem with tester's quality

Cons

- I'd love to have opportunity to add the tasks contextually to the screens. This way I'd be able to easily avoid the testers to move through the tasks too quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Pricing, easiness of quitting the subscription if needed and the fact we already had some interview recording on that platform (cost of switching).

Abdelmadjid from Computer Software

Great product and excellent value

Userbrain helped us pinpoint important friction points in our product, from a user perspective. This allowed us to focus resources more efficiently.

Pros

Setting up tests is easy and quick. Results come fast. Price is very competitive. Appropriate guidance on test design.

Cons

Demographics selection could be a little more granular. Could offer a bit more data on the test results (average test durations, for instance), to help design future tests.

Reasons for Choosing Userbrain

Userbrain has the right amount of features for the right price, and allows paying for exactly what you need, even if you don't need user testing on a monthly basis.

Jonathan from Festicket

Good product to start getting more insights

Pros

Pro: It makes user Testing very easy. You can watch videos of real people interacting with your website and have everything setup in 5min.

Cons

It is missing a bit of feature to create complex scenarios and multiple testing.

Kevin from HomeStars Inc.

Userbrain review from a UX Designer

Overall it's been very helpful, I'll be continuing to use the product

Pros

Price is great compared to other similar products like UserTesting. Very easy to set up tests and test results usually come in the same day. Has the same basic features as higher-end products

Cons

- Would like more information about the test participants. Currently, we're provided with age, gender and location, but I would like occupation, income range and ability to select users from specific cities/provinces. - Would like to export sections of the test videos, usually, I have to export the whole video and edit it myself later to create a highlight reel to present to others in my company - possible integration with invision or other prototyping tools. Tying test steps to users actions would be very helpful - some tests can come back much later than others -During tests, the instructions the users read are overlayed over the screen and sometimes they don't see parts of the page we're testing

Fabien from Artefact

Amazing tool, easy to use, super fast and very effective!

I was trying to understand brand equity of 2 different companies in 2 different regions, while testing the overall Customer experience and journey

Pros

The hiring feature - in less than a day, we had more than 15 tests done. It was easy to set up the different tasks, especially as ours were quite complicated. I'm impressed testers were dedicated and followed very well the flow!

Cons

I wish the survey capability would be better (option to ask more than 4-5 questions only)

Jordan from University of York

Good for inexpensive usability testing

Userbrain serves us well for regular scheduled testing which is very affordable. It works best when avoiding difficult user tasks so stick to more discovery work. As the complexity is increased I find segmentation too limiting and user pool not that great. But overall I would recommend Userbrain as part of a wider UX tool kit

Pros

It's very inexpensive when needing user input at a low cost. It's easy to set up and schedule. We have had some questionable testers but Userbrain has been excellent at refunding the credit allowing us to rerun the test quickly

Cons

User segments are limited and the tester quality isn't the best on this platform with a number of what I would call "professional testers" who simply read back the page to you which isn't helpful. However I guess you get what you pay for and we simply remove this session from our results. Also the method of how Userbrain presents the tasks on the screen can confuse users and often wastes time as they get mixed up. We have tried to be explicitly clear on instructions but still get these issues. It would be better if more like User Testing with very clear step by step full width screens for each task.

Aaron from University of Liverpool

Userbrain is just what I was looking for

Userbrain allowed me to turn around some crucial testing quickly, and at an affordable cost. Anyone used to doing user testing can pick this service up easily. An easy-to-use testing service such as Userbrain, with a good pool of testers is vital during a time when face-to-face testing is all but impossible.

Pros

If you're used to creating usability tests, you can get started with Userbrain in no time. The markdown editor lets you set up tests very quickly. Tests were simple to segment and deploy and were completed quickly. The price was very reasonable and the ability to purchase credits meant I spent only what I needed. I particularly appreciated the single free credit as it allowed me to validate my test before it was deployed at no extra cost,

Cons

Audience segmentation was pretty basic. Testers can only be segmented by a few, broad categories. After querying this, the team quickly got back to me to say they were working on offering greater segmentation. The ability to create and export clips is probably the biggest drawback to the software, as it means extra work to manually edit the video in another piece of software.

Wilfried from Red Bull Media House

Userbrain helped us to make user testing a routine

Pros

We all know how important user tests are for websites especially for ecommerce websites. Often, you do it once and then never again. Userbrain helped us to run user tests continously on our website on a weekly basis. Whenever we made changes to the website, we were sure that they get testet with the next round of tests. The tests uncovered many hurdles that we completely overlooked or were not able to see. The videos helped us not only to improve the usability but also to understand how actual customers were using the website to come up with new improvements to eventually increase conversions and product understanding.

Cons

It would be great to have some background on the tester to better understand their behaviour.

Sarah from User Conversion

A solid choice

Overall quite happy with the software, and the data I got for the price.

Pros

The prices were really reasonable and the usability was very accessible. I liked being able to rate reviewers, although it wasn't always clear what that info went towards. Customer service was pretty quick too- had a reviewer who had no sound and was sent a credit very quickly, although it wasn't clear whether the participant would redo their video or I'd have to spend the credit.

Cons

I found the participant quality a little bit hit and miss; some were really great, others pretty rubbish. Luckily the prices were reasonably cheap so managed to get some decent data from the broad spread of participants. I would have liked to be able to screen participants for certain criteria, as I had to use a different software for research involving more specific communities. It also would have been nice to be able to do different types of tasks or to ask for ratings although I think something like this might be possible now on Userbrain.

Petri from StarLeaf

Great for quick, frequent usability testing

Userbrain allows us to get feedback for our product designs and root out basic usability issues very quickly.

Pros

Simplicity, competitive cost, great customer support

Cons

The quality of testers varies a lot, not possible to define the operating system of testers

Asad from Answer

Get's the job done!

It was good. Fast and I love the fact that you can get a refund if someone doesn't do the test properly with no questions asked. With the features above I'd be more inclined to use UserBrain going forward.

Pros

I liked the fact that it's really easy to use. I've never used the software before, but it was really easy for me to get to grips with. It's fast and works really well. The keyboard shortcuts are quite good too, so you don't have to use the mouse when making notes on the video, you can pause and play with the keyboard.

Cons

Organising projects into folders would be awesome. Also, I feel as though tags are missing from UserBrain. It would be great if we could tag the comments we write as positive, negative, general and suggestion, which is typically how I organise the comments afterwards. It would improve my workflow. It would also be good if you could partner with Trello and allow a quick export into there with the above tags as the headers for columns.

Laura from TUMI

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Worth the money!

We have tested in 3 devices (we weren't sure about the efficiency) and it worked very well. We are happy with the results and the users are also very talkative. We tested our site in Mobile, Tablet & Desktop and we realized about some optimizations that could be done in a short term. We will now start a monthly package in able to test more scenarios and also new functionalities that we will add online.

Pros

I loved the fact that they have some templates set up to help you start creating your test! I also likes the fact that you can choose devices and ages, as same as gender. The whole process don't take longer than 15 min to set up a test and they come VERY FAST!!!!

Cons

I wish we could have more languages and regions (now only German and English)

Joe from MailTag.io

Way cheaper than the competition

Pros

The price. Other providers are charging way more for the same exact service.

Cons

Takes a little longer to get all your tasks filled, but worth the extra wait.

Jessica from Retail International

good tool

I actually only have advantages through userbrain. The tests are easy to set up and you usually get results very quickly. This makes the tool ideal for integration into the development process.

Pros

Userbrain is very easy to use. The setup of a test is super easy and can be done within minutes. It contains all the important features you need.

Cons

I would like you to be able to structure your tests in folders to keep a better overview. I would also like to be able to give the testers a star rating and a feedback in words. How else would the testers know what they did less well? That could improve the quality of the testers in the long run. Since a few months it takes a bit longer to get the results of German tests together. This was much better at the beginning of the year.

Patty from Brownells, Inc.

Over elaborate testers with not much value

The price being low is what prompted me to have the ability to bring this product in house. Once we did, the unmoderated testing was work to get everything setup and in return, not a lot of usable feedback.

Pros

The guidance of the question ideas and tips. I can use these skills outside of this product too.

Cons

The testers. While it is nice to have people who do not have the understanding of our products, the people who test are not really insightful when they elaborate on every little item on the site. I have had people click outside of the user test links and end up not being able to get where they are needed. It became work with not a lot of quality feedback.

Kate from Slater and Gordon

Great product which is now even better

I cannot recommend this platform enough, it does exactly what I need it to and more.

Pros

I liked how you can buy tests for when you need them and you don't have to have a subscription. I like how fast it is and you see results very quickly. They have made some recent updates which has now provided a lot more options for testing, which I love. I like how you can duplicate and edit tests, it's very intuitive.

Cons

The only thing I would say is the demographics to target are very broad and some demographics are unavailable but that's understandable.

Katrina from ARI Network Services

Website Usability Testing

Pros

It's quite easy to set up a test and we received results in less than 45 minutes from 5 participants.

Cons

I encountered an error when trying to create my first test, but eventually I was able to submit the test.

John from Discount Party Supplies

Software is good but Reviewers are Poor to Average

bottom line: If you create smaller reviewer age pools (18-24), 25-34, 35-44, etc. That would really help, you can always allow them to choose 2 pools. Get higher qualified people. Some of the people were awful. You need to spend 15-20 minutes to review something thoroughly. Good luck!

Pros

I think it was very easy to understand and to use. I was able to get my tasks into the tool and was able to do it quickly.

Cons

I didn't like two things: 1. The user groups were too large. Our demographic is female 25-44. I had to choose 18-34 or 35-54 (or something like that). We had two people that were way too young (teenagers) to be buying our products. 2. The users were overall very weak. You need to vet them much, much better. Maybe increase their pay and increase the overall price of the service. The cost of the service was fairly low from my perspective. I want great, experienced reviewers. I don't want people just get over my questions as quick as possible.

Mark from Automattic

Good and simple usability testing software

I've had a good experience with Userbrain. The cost for this service is better than most although the features seem a bit limited.

Pros

I enjoy being able to add notes directly related to the video.

Cons

My plan is missing a proper screener. I'd really like to screen users before they take my usability tests. This may require an upgrade plan?

Deni from StepStone UK

Great User testing service

It's a great user testing service that is helping us define problems our user are facing and helping us shape our product roadmap.

Pros

I love how quickly customer support is answering any issues we might be facing and that they develop new features quickly. They have been amazing!!!

Cons

Looking for all the videos for a specific user test and that it is not possible to get even number of male vs female per test unless splitting the test in two goes.

Grace from monito

useful feedback at specific points, but too easy.

Validating the redesign of our website. We use userbrain as preliminary testing prior to usability tests and interviews with our own users or users who fit our user groups. This helps us check and high-level ux or copy issues at a high-level, and we continue to narrow our approach after this.

Pros

The quick recruitment – this is key for us to test design concepts quickly and roughly Reporting dissatisfaction with a participant – I love that I don't have to feel overly frustrated with unmotivated or unfocused participants. And it's great to be able to receive our credit back without having to quarrel with the customer support team. This would be a waste of time otherwise, so I love this feature.

Cons

The overly broad demographics for recruitment – The age groups and locations are too broad to be able to rely on – our service requires users to have some preexisting knowledge about the industry or benefits to what we offer and a lot of the time we can't rely solely on the user's feedback because it's clear they have

Nicholas from SHIP IT APPLIANCES LTD

Quick simple and great quality videos

Pros

How easy it is to set tasks How much you can customise who reviews The customer service when things dont quite go to plan is great! Speed in getting reviews

Cons

Price is probably the only negative I'd like to be able to talk live with a reviewer to overcome some issues when found.

Daniela from Torre

Feedback for Userbrain

It has been a good experience overall.

Pros

It's easy to use and the results get as fast as I need them to.

Cons

Sometimes the sessions that we've received fall too short on the participants side because they don't interact or spend that much time on a task as you'd like.

Max from Medical Industry

Industry: Cosmetics

Very fast and useful

Pros

The speed of responses is great. With the added demographic options selecting people is easy and we were happy with results.

Cons

Can be hard to get the instructions to make sense to the testers. Perhaps setting out more structure for it and using that structure to train the user testers to follow a bit more structured protocol (perhaps optional from buyer choice) so you can get a more consistent type of feedback. I get useful feedback but users are quite variable in their interpretations of the instructions so they can be hard to compare sometimes.

Grady from Vetsource

Superb entry/mid level tool for getting great user feedback.

Really great so far- usability and flexible account levels have been great.

Pros

For the price it had the same level quality and ease of use as higher priced alternatives. The interface and recording quality is great.

Cons

There are a couple key features missing that I attribute to the price tier, like tasks/questions that are sequential as opposed to presented all at once. Also the ability to specifically narrow down a field of participants by asking qualifying questions.

Allie from SimplyWise

Best way to get high-quality user feedback

Pros

We regularly utilize Userbrain to test user response to new features, and there's no better way to get fast, high-quality feedback.

Cons

No real "cons"--my only suggestion would be to continue further refining the audience demographics which we can specify (e.g. narrowing the age range of target users).

Chantalle from Silviculture Fire

Industry: Environmental Services

Good Value

Pros

The best thing about Userbrain is the pricing structure. It's affordable for companies who are testing in small volumes. You can set tests to recur automatically.

Cons

There is no free trial. I've used another testing platform in the past that I'm used to, so I'm still getting comfortable with the product. I'm not a fan of the "here's the entire scenario" layout rather than step by step.

Matt from Franchise Opportunities Netwk

Good product, simple to use.

Overall good experience.

Pros

It is easy to use. Allows you to get quick and valuable feedback on your websites.

Cons

It lacks the ability to get user tests for Apps. It would be very valuable for us to do testing of our Apps both iOS and Android.

Quick results

Pros

It's very convenient and quick to set up a test, no support is needed to get quick results.

Cons

As the test scenarios are not monitored/reviewed by Userbrain, there is a risk of running tests with leading questions.

Jamie from Bradshaw Taylor

So easy to use and great for small to medium businesses

Userbrain has enabled us to run user testing that is neutral, insightful and that can be clearly actioned. It is easy to set up testing with various different audiences as part of a user experience strategy.

Pros

Userbrain is so easy to use and the ability to set up all different types of user testing has lots of scope for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

The software could do with more functionality for international markets but is already pretty good for this.

Damon from Radiance Medspa Atlanta

Easy and fast

Pros

Really quick to get started and the interface is super user friendly. Also, the responses starting coming in within an hour of test launch and he quality of the respondents seems pretty good.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this point. I really like the platform.

Laura from Brainlabs

Great product

Uncovering UX issues on behalf of our clients

Pros

Straightforward and at a good price point. Does one thing well. Simple templates

Cons

No app functionality and slightly confusing process for video creation

John from Nolan Real Estate

Good information from users

I had a good experience and will be looking for ways to incorporate it into our future plans.

Pros

It was very helpful to view our website through the eyes of a user. We were able to understand some key points and easily share them with team members at our company.

Cons

I wish that we could get users that more specifically understand our product.

Kylie from Hungryroot

The quickest way to get unapologetic feedback

Pros

I love that you can test anything from the live site, to a testing environment, or even a simple 1 slide prototype and within 24 hours have feedback from various users in your target demo. Super quick, low lift way to get customer insights.

Cons

No real complaints. Would be nice to be able to get more specific with demographic targeting.

Vivian from StickerYou

Great Platform, Fast Results

Pros

It was so easy to set up and purchase tests, and the results came in so quickly. We learned a lot from the users we tested, will definitely be continuing to use this platform.

Cons

I can't find where to determine the browser used on the tablet tests we ordered. Send a message to support but haven't heard back.

Magdalena from Paul Rich

Nice platform for UX testing

Good experience, however, would be great to see more countries in targeting options and better controol over recording quality.

Pros

Definitely the ease of use and the time in which we got the user recordings, also the engagement of the users

Cons

The recordings were sometimes of poor quality, I couldn't hear what the users said

Michael from Crowdcube

Industry: Facilities Services

Perfect to gather quick meaningful feedback

My team and I design prototypes and set them up for user testing to note any issues. We Userbrain to back up our designs with actual data (videos of users) to go back to the business with any changes to our designs.

Pros

Userbrain is so easy to use, within a couple of clicks and a few minutes my sessions are all set up. The industry I work in moves fast so we need to gather data on our designs very quickly so Userbrain is great for this.

Cons

Not being able to specific users without signing up to the subscription payment method.

Lauren from The Leapfrog Group

Freaky fast with amazing value!

Userbrain is great! I work for a small nonprofit and it easily fits into our budget. We get the videos quickly and the insights are invaluable!

Pros

User feedback is critical to get in a short turnaround and Userbrain delivers every time!

Cons

Sometimes some of the videos are a little long.

Carl from Whistl

Pros

So easy to use, pay and set up. Really quick responses from testers and hugely valuable information back when the tests are good.

Cons

Some of the test quality is quite low. The testers sometimes rush or do not complete the tests but customer service are quick to reimburse your credits. I would also like to be able to provide files or documents to testers should they need it.

Christine from Clemson University

Great tool for a small marketing team

I'm pleased with Userbrain.

Pros

This tool makes it easy to get up and running very fast. It's easy to use and easy to share videos with team members.

Cons

The reporting features could be more user friendly or offer more options.

Jenny from Gemplers

Great tool to get into your customer's heads

Great

Pros

Really interesting to hear an outsiders perspective to your website. The comments helped us elevate different features on our homepage to answers questions that testers were commenting on.

Cons

A few of the videos were glitchey. Userbrain comped us.

Maddie from Madz Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Userbrain is a new favorite addition to my workflow

Overall I'm really happy with my experience. I will definitely keep using it for myself and with clients.

Pros

This software added so much value to my design process. As a team of 1, I don't often have the chance to collaborate or bounce ideas off of others. Having actual feedback from users to help pinpoint problem areas is hugely helpful.

Cons

I wish I had more control over who was viewing my site and giving feedback. I'd be willing to wait longer for more qualified leads. Because if they aren't really in my target demo then it decreases the value of the feedback.

Alice from N-Dream AG

Very easy to set up

Pros

Userbrain was incredibly simple to get started with, and my test videos were delivered within a very short time.

Cons

It would be very useful to be able to further refine the users based on things like interests.