Userbrain Software Reviews

Userbrain Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Price is great compared to other similar products like UserTesting. Very easy to set up tests and test results usually come in the same day."
  • icon"I loved the fact that they have some templates set up to help you start creating your test. I also likes the fact that you can choose devices and ages, as same as gender."
  • icon"It was easy to set up the different tasks, especially as ours were quite complicated. I'm impressed testers were dedicated and followed very well the flow."
  • icon"I miss having more segmentations on the user's selection."
  • icon"Lack of demographic section eg income, location in more depth. User background and preferences eg Android or iOS etc."
  • icon"Also, I feel as though tags are missing from UserBrain."

Browse all Userbrain Reviews

• Have you used Userbrain and would like to share your experience with others?

Gurvinder

Very good platform for user tester

I recommend this to all who want to user test and want some extra money. Tests are easy and results come fast. Prices is also good. This is very helpful for me. I'm satisfied with it .

Pros

This software is very easy to use and light weight too. Great way to get some extra money if you qualify. So many test can see and when qualified these tests everytime I get money. Cool and innovative way for side hustle. I can track all my tests easily and I can edit my test too. Customers support is also good with fast response if any issue regarding test. Price is also good compare to other websites. Test were easy and can be complete fast. Software prices is also cheaper and affordable. Test results come in same day and fast rather than others sites.

Cons

No issue at all with this. Easy to use and fast. Sometimes videos can be laggy. I had some issue with my first test but after some time I handled this situation and submitted my test easily. Some features is missing according to me like demographic are very broad it should be more.

Tuba

Userbrain is great even if you are a small startup

I was not expecting it to be performing that well, to be honest. I am giving a 9 star out of 10, just because I could not see the prototype in the background when I am reviewing the test and also I cannot introduce the tasks to the user step by step.

Pros

First of all I had to select software that could meet our financial requirements, something not costly, which has a pay as you go model or a monthly subscription, rather than a big annual plan which can be quite a problem with small startups. we had trialled some other software, some famous ones, but the annual plans and the lack of pay as you go model was the problem. I purchased some credits and started testing! The second thing I really liked is the rapid help. With the first video, the prototype did not work and the customer support replied my questions right away. Wasn't really expecting that! Thirdly, the test works well. The users were really clear, and speaking their minds. No problem with that part at all! I can easily share the video with my designers, and take notes. As we are trying to move away from in office testing, I guess this software will be solving that problem easily.

Cons

If only I could see the prototype in the background that would be great. Also, I am sure this is in their roadmap, but can we show the tasks step by step?

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Due to the finances, userbrain has the pay as you go and the monthly subscription. Also, I can test with my own users :)

Reasons for switching to Userbrain

Because they did not have the pay as you go model and monthly subscription. They require a big commitment.

Patty

Over elaborate testers with not much value

The price being low is what prompted me to have the ability to bring this product in house. Once we did, the unmoderated testing was work to get everything setup and in return, not a lot of usable feedback.

Pros

The guidance of the question ideas and tips. I can use these skills outside of this product too.

Cons

The testers. While it is nice to have people who do not have the understanding of our products, the people who test are not really insightful when they elaborate on every little item on the site. I have had people click outside of the user test links and end up not being able to get where they are needed. It became work with not a lot of quality feedback.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

At the time, pricing and the thought of not having to pin down the testers parameters and personas.

July 2022

Earn some extra cash from your review

The overall experience with user lbrain has been good and I will use it for another several use

Pros

- User brain is one of the user testing platform where we can earn some extra cash from giving our feedback on softwares websites or mobile applications to companies for some monetary rewards. - One of the good thing about userbrain is that we get paid via PayPal and the payment then gets credited in our bank account.

Cons

-One of the cons about userbrain is we do not get many tests/ studies and getting qualify for any test is also difficult.

Kalki

Guided User Tests

Pros

I love how lightweight getting a user test launched feels and how quickly I get responses. Its great value.

Cons

Customer service team is not very responsive, but I guess you get what you pay for... its not really a problem since the service is so inexpensive.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

It was more light weight and flexible.

Reasons for switching to Userbrain

Made the switch for cost reasons and the flexibility of not having to buy into an annual contract.

Katie

Cheap, quick and easy

You get what you pay for. It's not nearly as robust or polished as other user testing platforms, but for some quick results for smaller companies or startups, it's the perfect fit.

Pros

The platform is lightweight enough to be fast and intuitive, but robust enough to allow for diversity of use cases and testing needs.

Cons

The payment and subscription models are not always easy to understand. I've had a number of bad testers, but thankfully they have been reimbursed by customer support.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Userbrain offers recorded video sessions, which wasn't offered by UsabilityHub. I had used UserTesting in the past, but it is far to expensive for my and my clients' needs.

Sydney

Just What a UXer Needs

This has be wonderful overall. It have given a great opportunity to reach out to our target market!

Pros

For a company just getting into user feedback for the first time it was very smooth to use. Also just wonderful that you pay per use instead of a monthly subscription. We were not sure how much we would use it at first. It has a very short turn around time which is great when we choose to use it last minute.

Cons

My notes and tags would be great if I could time stamp them for others to jump to the section of the video for that note.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Very flexibly and great for our budget and offered just what we needed with voice and video recording while the user walks through the prototype.

Matt

A great product that needs a little polishing round the edges

Overall I think user brain is great and I would definitely consider using it again. I’m reluctant to take out a subscription just yet as I think it needs a little polishing round the edges but it is not far off at all. It’s also worth noting that one of the biggest things it holds over its competitors is the ability to carry over tests into the next month

Pros

The admin pages are great. It’s relatively easy to keep a track of live tests. And super easy to edit live tests. The team are definitely worth a mention too

Cons

I had some issues with testers but I imagine that’s out of their hands to a large extent.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Best value for money and features

Reasons for switching to Userbrain

Trymyui was too expensive and wanted to put up prices further

Anna

Great product with field to improve

I wasn;t a big fan of unmoderated testing before trying Userbrain. Now, ww have our regular testing done this way.

Pros

- Easy recruitment of testers - Easy set up of the test - drag & drop of questions - Very accessible customer support & quick resolution if there's a problem with tester's quality

Cons

- I'd love to have opportunity to add the tasks contextually to the screens. This way I'd be able to easily avoid the testers to move through the tasks too quickly.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Pricing, easiness of quitting the subscription if needed and the fact we already had some interview recording on that platform (cost of switching).

Ry

Fast and affordable research recruitment

Overall, as a first-time user I'm very happy with UserBrain and I will definitely be using the service again in the future.

Pros

I'm a solo designer, so cost is the number one barrier for me while conducting user research. UserBrain is incredibly affordable, and I was blown away by how quickly my research request filled up and by how high quality the results were. I also really liked the video recordings and how easy it was to download and share them.

Cons

There aren't many bells and whistles here. You essentially get a fast and cheap way to recruit users and view the session recordings. I wish there were some other useful things like transcription included, even if it was for an additional fee.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

UserBrain provided the most features at the most affordable price compared to its competitors.

Christopher

Value for money on demand user-testing

Userbrain has met a need to support regular user-testing in my organisation when lead time on projects did not support user recruitment, screening and testing cycle. It allows smaller UX teams to validate and iterate quickly without impacting other teams and been seen as an obstacle to development. Userbrain really has made an impact in my process and I look forward to more development of the platform.

Pros

The cost of this software and the on-demand nature attracted me to this service. So far I am impressed, Userbrain has become an essential tool for my UX process. Compared to other options (usertesting.com and trymyui) it's incredible value for quickly validating User Interfaces and gathering feedback. They offer great support as well, and if the service is not meeting my needs it's on the roadmap or has a workaround.

Cons

Lack of some audience targeting tools such as employment status or targeting students for user-tests and including more countries in a panel of testers. They also currently only offer an iphone app which limits tests to apple users on mobile. I believe all of these issues are on the development roadmap.

Kevin

Userbrain review from a UX Designer

Overall it's been very helpful, I'll be continuing to use the product

Pros

Price is great compared to other similar products like UserTesting. Very easy to set up tests and test results usually come in the same day. Has the same basic features as higher-end products

Cons

- Would like more information about the test participants. Currently, we're provided with age, gender and location, but I would like occupation, income range and ability to select users from specific cities/provinces. - Would like to export sections of the test videos, usually, I have to export the whole video and edit it myself later to create a highlight reel to present to others in my company - possible integration with invision or other prototyping tools. Tying test steps to users actions would be very helpful - some tests can come back much later than others -During tests, the instructions the users read are overlayed over the screen and sometimes they don't see parts of the page we're testing

Userbrain was much cheaper

Amazing tool for UX testing

All the other testing software I've seen has fairly opaque pricing and you have to structure your test the way they want you to. The testers are cheap, and you pound through them. This is fine if you're testing an ad or a home page design or a facebook post, but it's useless if you want the users to do something hard. Userbrain, for a fixed price, gives you 10-15 minutes of a user's time, for them to complete a task. The user doesn't feel rushed, and so I get a high quality of feedback. I have recommended Userbrain to several of my SaaS-startup founding friends. I will continue to recommend Userbrain.

Pros

It's so simple: Organize a test, come up with some good questions, and then run the test. When the test is done, you download a video that you can share with your team for analysis. No extra cruft like annotations. Just plain and simple.

Cons

We want a certain kind of user — people who have worked in a capacity where they do time sheets, and there is no filtering system. That said, we just make it a step of our test: "To proceed, you must have been a time sheet user in the past" and most of the time, users opt out. It would just be nice to have that filter as a formal step.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

UserBrain was recommended by people at Product Hunt, and that actually set them apart from the competition. And you can see why — UserBrain is focused on helping people make a good product, rather than testing an ad campaign.

Fabien

Amazing tool, easy to use, super fast and very effective!

I was trying to understand brand equity of 2 different companies in 2 different regions, while testing the overall Customer experience and journey

Pros

The hiring feature - in less than a day, we had more than 15 tests done. It was easy to set up the different tasks, especially as ours were quite complicated. I'm impressed testers were dedicated and followed very well the flow!

Cons

I wish the survey capability would be better (option to ask more than 4-5 questions only)

Price mostly

Matthew

Extremely useful tool

I find it to be a super useful and effective tool when testing user experience on our site and would highly recommend it in the future

Pros

We use Userbrain when building or redesigning a new section of our website. Having users explore and give their honest feedback during this helps us to catch flaws in our user experience and user journeys which is a great benefit to our clients.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the users testing our site aren't in the same mindset as our primary audience (people seeking debt help / wanting to donate) so the content doesn't have the same impact and can affect their experience on the website

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

The communication provided by testers

Florian

Perfect for ongoing usability testing

Pros

With Userbrain, it was very easy to integrate regular usability testing into our daily work routines. The interface is simple and intuitive, and a test is set up within minutes. The customer service is fast, friendly and always helps immediately.

Cons

It would be great if the target group could be defined more precisely. Some target group options are unfortunately not yet available, since there are apparently too few testers in certain groups.

Reasons for choosing Userbrain

Austrian company, appealing user interface, easy to use, price-performance ratio is perfect

Jordan

Good for inexpensive usability testing

Userbrain serves us well for regular scheduled testing which is very affordable. It works best when avoiding difficult user tasks so stick to more discovery work. As the complexity is increased I find segmentation too limiting and user pool not that great. But overall I would recommend Userbrain as part of a wider UX tool kit

Pros

It's very inexpensive when needing user input at a low cost. It's easy to set up and schedule. We have had some questionable testers but Userbrain has been excellent at refunding the credit allowing us to rerun the test quickly

Cons

User segments are limited and the tester quality isn't the best on this platform with a number of what I would call "professional testers" who simply read back the page to you which isn't helpful. However I guess you get what you pay for and we simply remove this session from our results. Also the method of how Userbrain presents the tasks on the screen can confuse users and often wastes time as they get mixed up. We have tried to be explicitly clear on instructions but still get these issues. It would be better if more like User Testing with very clear step by step full width screens for each task.

Aaron