All SmartSurvey Reviews

Reviewed October 2020

HR & Quality Manager

We have been able to use the product to collect feedback from external users, communicate and consult with our own workforce, data capture for reporting and beyond. Functionality for creating surveys and reporting exceeds our requirements.

PROS

Easy to set up variety of surveys depending on your output requirements. Excellent reporting functionality.

CONS

We haven't experienced any issues with the product.

Reasons for switching to SmartSurvey

Cost and more suited functionality.

Janine

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Basic Account Is Perfect For The Small Non Profit

I user the software to collect data for a book club. It's absolutely perfect. The users have responded very well. The reporting features ate very comprehensive. I love how I can choose the option to receive an email each time someone responds.

PROS

Because I am an occasional user, I am very happy to have the option of a free basic account, with the option to upgrade for enhanced features should I ever need to. It's the perfect way to try out the software and whilst there are restrictions on the features, numbers of questions and the number of surveys that can be sent, for the occasional user with less than 100 responders per month, it's absolutely perfect. The software is very feature rich even at the basic level, and were I a company I would not have any qualms about paying to use the advanced features. It's very user friendly and easy to use even for the beginner

CONS

It would be great to have the option to renumber or re-order survey responses, or to print a summary. At present I don't have the budget to upgrade to acquire these type of features as they are "nice to have" rather than essential, but it's certainly something I would consider.

Reason for choosing SmartSurvey

The free basic option. Because it is for life and not a free trial I am very loyal and recommend to all my friends, many of who have bought paid accounts. Because I only really use it once a year for about 50 users, a monthly fee doesn't represent a very good return for me. It would be nice to have the option to upgrade and downgrade in 30 day slots for a one off non re-occuring payment. I would certainly consider this.

Finlay

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2017

Review smart survey

I signed up to smart survey as it had very good reviews from what I had read. The main reason I paid for the subscription was because I thought that one of the features was that you were able to gain responses for your questionnaires. However when it came to purchasing it this was not the case and I didn't feel the money I'd spent on the account was really any different to the free account I had previously. Maybe if there is a short tutorial or a help button that has small sub titles with descriptions of the various features relevant to what you are actually using the software for

Thais

Environmental Services, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2020

Very easy to use survey and a very good customer service!

I run a survey every year to ask residents to carry out a bird box survey in several developments. Smart survey has been a very good platform to do this.

PROS

I have used this software to organise a bird box survey for the last two years. The best feature is the easy of use, you do not need a lot of time to get acquainted with the features. Also, it is a British software- I like to go local when choosing apps etc.

CONS

I guess every time I want to set the ending time, I have to ask google. Maybe make that more obvious? But that is just me as I used it only for 4 months every year, so from year to year, I forget!

Reason for choosing SmartSurvey

Literally because it is British.

Hi Thais, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoy using SmartSurvey. I will pass your feedback on to our product manager. Kind regards, Neil

Replied September 2020

Charles

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2017

Extremely easy to use questionnaire software, suitable for both small and large organisations

Affordable, flexible questionnaire design, administration and management

PROS

It is very easy to set up a questionnaire, and there is a very good range of question types and answers. Images and video can be embedded in a question, broadening the design. The design-test-redesign cycle is well implemented. The whole questionnaire can be easily branded to give a unique look. Deployment is simple, and with multiple versions easily set up. Usefully for a forum, it is possible to produce a print copy of on-line survey with ease, so that the same questionnaire can be used on street stalls or visiting where online use is not possible or low. There is also support for publishing links to the survey via social media such as Twitter or Facebook. Analysis facilities are good, with basic summaries and a frequency count of answers immediately available. This aids continuous tracking of the survey. There are good export features, so data can be moved to Excel or R for more detailed review. I found this a very useful software suite and can wholeheartedly recommend it. The speed at which a survey can be prepared and sent out, and distributed via a variety of means such as email lists, social media or web sites makes it a very effective tool for carrying out a wide variety of consultations, such as in planning and community surveys. Local authorities would benefit from a slightly more expensive version that could allow them to get to know their community views in greater depth.

jamie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

best survey software

the real benefit for the software are it saves my time and it helped me do my survey accurately

PROS

user friendly software helps my survey more interesting

CONS

every aspect of the software worked well with me

Suzanne

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Easy to use product, with great customer service

High quality surveys are straightforward to put together and send to a large number of people.

PROS

We are using SmartSurvey to gather views from both our employees and our customers. We have set up a few surveys now, collecting responses in the form of free text boxes, radio buttons and drop downs. The dashboard is easy to navigate. It is helpful to have the option to use pre-programmed questions and our own corporate template. The response formats are professional and the skip logic is easy to implement. There are comprehensive online guides for each stage of creating and using the survey. Where we needed additional help, the customer service was prompt.

CONS

It doesn't seem possible to customise the formatting of text within a question (italic, bold, paragraphs etc.); this would be a useful tool.

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your feedback. Re your query about customising the formatting of text within a question - when you go into edit a question, there is an 'enable editor' button in the bottom right hand corner that turns on all the standard formatting features, such as bolding and italicising etc. Hope that helps.

Replied November 2017

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

All in one platform for Surveys

Customer feedback on products.

PROS

Simple yet great application with exceptional ease of use and cost friendly. Results are available as soon as the survey is complete. User Interface is amazing and a piece of art. Customization in picking up the pattern is the best feature, you can customize your survey as per need, could be a ranking based survey or question answer based, or can get simple feedback. There are multiple themes available which lessen the work load. It is an amazing software.

CONS

Nothing much to add here, it meets all the needs.

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2018

Easy to use even for beginners

the ease of creating surveys quickly and the ability to create and collect results very quickly which was convenient for me

PROS

i came across this site when doing my dissertation when i was weighing up my options on which platform to use, with this one i found that like some of the others it was one which is very simple and easy to use and gave the user a lot of control over the layout of the service and the format of the questions that can be asked and even as a beginner knew to this i was able to glide through the navigation and have a good play around with all of its features and found it was pretty easy to create services gather results and even export and downloa the results in different formats

CONS

sometimes you would like to format text of the questions for example if i wanted to bold something that was important for some reason i had a problem doing this and had to just leave it out but it just didnt work

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2023

Excellent surveying tool

Overall, the SmartSurvey app has been very useful in rolling out surveys, collecting data for research and development and automating the survey forms.

PROS

SmartSurvey is a very good application to rollout surveys, automate the forms, data collection and market research. Not just these, it has excellent reporting capabilities which helps to extract a meaningful information out of the data collected. The tool is very easy to use and can be customized as per our requirements. It allows to add queries of all types and has various options like drop down, radio buttons, logic creation capabilities, etc. Overall, I find it a fantastic application to conduct online surveys.

CONS

The forms have very minimal options to customize the look and feel of the forms. Also, the free basic version has very less features which lets the users to upgrade mandatorily.

Yvonne

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2017

Straightforward online survey system with great customer support

Ease of use, competitive price, helpful customer support, ease of reporting and ability to develop surveys that are unique and tailored to our requirements.

PROS

When initially looking at options for an online survey tool, SmartSurvey offered by far the best service for a competitive price. When enquiring about the service the customer service answered all of our questions and we signed up with multiple accounts. Many people have accessed SmartSurvey and no one has had any difficulties in creating surveys or analyising them. The ease of use and expert customer support is great service.

CONS

Having used SmartSurvey for a number of years now we have not had any issue or found anything we 'least' like.

Jackie

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Really intuitive to use and great customer support

Easy to use despite loads of features - offers great value for money compared to other tools and has first class support.

PROS

Easy to use, great functionality and adding new features all the time. Multi-language support is great and the servers are in the UK so Safe Harbour isn't an issue.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Creating a questionnaire

PROS

Once you had navigated through the web page the software was easy to use. There were the options of using question templates but you could also make your own. The graphical diagrams of the results enhanced the content of my dissertation.

CONS

It took a couple of attempts to navigate the website to create the questionnaire. To create diagrams, charts etc you are required to upgrade to get this facility.

Hi Andrew, Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is much appreciated! Kind regards, Neil

Replied July 2020

Joshua

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

What Do You Choose?: A Surveyed Survey

Overall, this is a fantastic program. I really enjoyed using it!!

PROS

I love it's simplicity, and easy to use features, while still having enough detail to perform complex tasks. It has great options, and even with upgrading to the Professional Option, which can be kind of expensive, it delivers incredibly impressive results.

CONS

One of the most negative things about it are some of the free features that require upgrading to the Professional version. Upgrading can be kind of expensive, specially compared to some other versions that have some of the same features for free.

Teddy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2018

Surveys When Needed

If you're needing to survey a group of people, this is a fantastic way to do so. Easy breezy.

PROS

I use this software when I need to send out short surveys to our committee members. It took me a bit to get the hang out creating the survey, but other than that it's been great.

CONS

It took me a but to figure it out. That might be a user error on my part, nothing wrong with the software.

Hi Teddy, Thank you for taking the time to review our software! We are really pleased to hear that it has been effective for you when distributing your surveys to a group of people. We are interested to hear a bit more about how you found its ease of use, and which parts you found not to be clear so that we can make strides to improve these for any future use. Thanks, SmartSurvey.

Replied December 2018

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2018

Great, user-friendly survey platform

The need to upgrade to access all features such as exporting the data to excel, but this is entirely understandable.

PROS

We have used other survey platforms before, but have found that smart survey offers the best value and is very user friendly. A great way to gather data and feedback. We will continue to use their service.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2017

A very good overall experience . Easy to set up and retrieve information.

Ability to easily survey our population groups and drill down on areas that are perceived to need improvement or are strengths

PROS

Good interface with attractive options for survey Very easy to set up and publish Give good information of analysis with good range of display and presentation options.

CONS

Very few. May benefit from a little more online help in setting up some aspects such as how to filter to receive specific information.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2020

Great survey tool

It was great to be able to survey the school quickly

PROS

Easy to create rules such as if answer yes on question 1 it can skip to another question

CONS

It did take me a while to work out what things did

Cost